Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

NEW: Make New Friends: Extreme Makeover *Turkey Edition*

hazelnutbunny
16 years ago

Welcome to the Make New Friends Swap for November!

This group is open to EVERYONE....Newbie, Oldie or somewhere in the middle..we want YOU!! :O) Come on in, pull up a chair..and grab some stuffin'!

This month's theme:

{{gwi:1307065}} EXTREME MAKEOVER: TURKEY EDITION!! {{gwi:1307065}}

Okay...You are probably thinking..."What the heck is that bunny talking about now?". :O) Well, with me..it could be anything. BUT, this time it's all about....US!!! Pampering US!! This swap will be all about ways to pamper us as we get ready to hit the ground running on or around Thanksgiving! We all now how HARD we work to cook, get the house ready for guests, get the kids/car/husbands ready to travel...You name it!! We are HARD WORKING GALS during the holidays!!

And not to mention the most IMPORTANT event of the holiday season! The DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SALES!!!!! Woo-Hooo!! :O) Who COULDN"T use a day of pampering after fighting the mobs at the local mall? :O)

So, in this swap we will send our gal pal stuff to de-stress her after the big day! (or to help her get ready for the big day!) Stuff like: Lotion, chocolate, bubble bath, candles, face masks, body butter, chocolate, foot soaks, aromatherapy items, massage oils, homemade goodies, CHOCOLATE ......ANYTHING goes! :O)

But, I do have to lay down some ground rules, to make this fair for everyone!

First, per GW rules, you MUST be 18 (or celebrating an anniversary of that birthday) to participate.

Second, a FLAT RATE SIZED box. In trying to keep it fair, I want everyone to use the box SIZE as a guide. You are more than welcome to send parcel post, and use a plain box...but it MUST be the same size -or larger- as a flat rate box. And it must be completely full. The only reason I say this, is that I don't think it would be fair for someone to send a box packed full of goodies, and only receive a simple bottle of lotion and a bar or soap. :O( Just trying to level the playing field, so everyone knows what to send! :O)

Use your imagination for the contents...Really, ANYTHING goes!

Third, DELIVERY CONFIRMATION is a MUST. Again, this is only to protect YOU & YOUR PARTNER. And to help the hostess (me!) keep track of who has received and sent. Trust me...it is well worth the .65 cents! :O)

Fourth, Cheerful & joyful attitudes!! We want to meet new friends, get to know the old friends better...and just have tons of fun!

Signups will be until October 31st. I will post partners on November 1st. Boxes must be mailed out no later than November 15th.

Okay. I think that covers the basics.

Is everyone ready??

Let's get pampering!!

{{gwi:1307066}}

Melissa

Comments (150)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

And that there is the story of the bloody stump! Yick! Poor mom, poor kids! Oh and most especially POOR DAD! OUCH! Never had rabbit for dinner a day in my life, planning on keeping it that way too! lol! Way too cute and fluffy to eat.

I had a weird experience driving on the highway yesterday. I was zooming along in my lane when a bronco starts pulling past on the next lane over. As he starts to pull ahead I notice a pair of eyes looking over at me from the rear bumper. Did a double take and sure enough there is a deer tied on to this fold down platform on the back of the truck. The body is all wrapped up nice and tight but the head is sticking out and just looking over at me. Not something you ever see around here! Shook my head and thought Is it deer season already?

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, that's too funny, Tracy! We just finished watching "Open Season" last weekend!! LOL Your story made me think of the poor deer tied to the hood of that hunter's truck!! :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received your info today, Karen! Thanks bunches for sending it!! :O)

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Seriously that is something I have never seen around here before! lol! I just was a little stunned. Thought, oh boy, Emma better not notice that! She was already having a bad day yesterday. That would have sent her over the edge!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, dear Tracy, I have what has to be one of the most disgusting deer season stories I have heard! Yours is bad, but this one is way gross! So, warning GROSS STORY AHEAD!!! I was driving with my kiddos on the highway we take into town nearly every day, when I noticed something hanging from the electric pole by the river. Upon closer looking, I realized that it was the skinned body of a deer. I nearly vomited, and fortunately my kids didn't notice it. When I got home, I called the sherrif's office, because I wanted that thing DOWN! There was nothing they could do about it (seems like a theme they have), and told me to call the DNR. I did so, and finally got a call back from our areas field officer. I explained once again what was there, and told him that I have kids with me all the time, and hasn't anyone else complained about this. No, this was the first he has heard of it. Aparrantly I'm the only one who looks around as she's driving, or just the only one who has the balls to complain. Anyway, a few days later, it was gone. But, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT???? Icky!! Not bringing back good memories! Sorry if I just made anyone vomit, but I figured we already had one gross, gory story, so why not add another? It is almost Halloween, right?

Congratulations, Pixie and Letha!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Yes, in the spirit of Halloween! LOL! Rofl! shhh, gonna wake emma! lol! That is completely disgusting! Oh man! Skinned and everything! Gross!

Something similar happened in a neighboring suburb of ours. Someone hung a deer off of the tree in their front yard. It was on a very busy street directly across from an elementary school! The cross walk for the kids was nearly directly in front of this deer. Luckily it wasn't skinned yet! Thankful of that at least! People were outraged and called the police, they couldn't do anything about it. I guess there really aren't any laws on the books regarding the common sense of where to hang a deer. It did make the news and the morons did finally take it down because of the uproar.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Now who could shoot something as cute as this? Hmmm?

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow. Gonna sound really bad here...but those 2 stories don't even phase me. Not a bit. I grew up with dead things hanging in my neigbor's yards all the time. Coons, deer, squirrels, possums, hogs...You name it, it was hung, skinned & gutted right there in the yard.
    Of course, my nearest neighbor was 1/4 mile down the road, and I lived out in the woods. The town I lived in has an entire population of 299. I believe that's including livestock.
    My entire extended family is into hunting BIG time.

May explain why I don't like to eat meat, come to think of it. :O)

Thank GOODNESS that my hubby hates it as much as I do, though. My kids don't even like it, except for William..he goes Turkey hunting, but he can't stand to hunt for anything else. I guess turkeys are ugly enough that it doesn't bother him?? Either that..or they just taste really good. :O)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay, here is the list of Jennys that I have so far. Let me know if I miss anyone. Also, if there is a * by your name, this means that I need your mailing address, please!

Pixie
    Tracy
    Fishy
    Dirt
    Becki
    Kalena
    Klick
    Carol
    Letha
    Medontdo
    Emxry*
    Sassy (maybe)
    Wynative

Is that everyone? Remember, we are taking signups until the 31st (Wednesday!). I will post our partners on Nov 1st (Thursday).

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

See, that is the big issue right there. City folk never get to see that. Even if it is the way of the world most of us have never seen an animal right after it was brought down, much less as it is being dressed to end up on someone's table. Some of us are a little delicate natured that way. Our kids don't really have a good understanding that a drumstick used to belong on a live bird. We looooove our meat though! LOL!

Even with my Uncle's farm, they raise chickens, collect the eggs, but have them taken away to be processed. None of it happens on their farm at all. One day you have 30 chickens and a few days later the freezers are packed with roasters and split fryers, drumsticks, boneless skinless chicken breast, etc!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Yep, Tracy! That's the way it is here too. We have the chickens, but take them somewhere to be processed. Once I watched for just a few minutes, and got grossed out and couldn't look back. Those big bloody scissors were HORRIBLE!! Disgusting! Now, I am not above shooting an animal if it needs to be done, or just is driving me nuts :o , but the PROCESSING - no way!! My hubby keeps saying when the guy that processes our chickens passes (which might not be long), he is hoping to buy his whole set-up, so we can do the processing ourselves and make money doing it for others. I've made it pretty clear that there is no way I will participate! He says he and his friend will do it. No thanks - don't even care to have it happen in my vacinity! Ick!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

I had actually considered getting some chickens, but the butchering made me pause (I can dissesct things fine on my own, but doing 25 in a day would be too much for me), there's people that do the icky part... why on earth didn't that occour to me? (stop laughing, I grew up in the city, remember?) Where does one find a chicken killer/dresser?

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Fishy - as far as chickens, pretty much just word of mouth. Some lockers do it, but not most around here. Do they even have lockers out there? If not, that would be a place where you bring cows/hogs/deer, etc... to be killed and processed. Our neighbor does his own deer, but that just icks me out! Not that we hunt anyway. Ooo - gotta go - I hear Lily walking around upstairs! Nighters!

Becki

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

ok, actully I have no idea what you mean by "lockers", I don't think it's legal to hunt deer here ever.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

That's okay, hun! Around here there is one in a lot of your smaller towns - it's just a slaughterhouse (not sure I want to use that word), where anyone can bring a live or already dead animal, drop it off, and come back and pick up nice little white packages of meat. You drop off a cow today, in about a week or so, you go back and get boxes full of ground beef, T-bones, roasts, sirloins, ribeyes, etc... You typically have to set up an appointment for your animal, as they stay pretty busy. They also sell meat of their own, from their own animals, I guess, 'cause if we are running low on, say, brats, and we're having a party, we can go buy some from them too.

Never, huh? 'Round here there are two seasons that I am aware of - shotgun season (I think, or rifle or something) and bow and arrow season. Okay, so I'm not a hunter, and I really don't know if that's what it is, but I think so. Deer tend to get a bit overpopulated around here, so it's one way to control the population I guess. You probably also don't think it's normal to drive down the road and see 2 or 3 deer lying by the side of the road on any given day, as they like to run across the road in front of you. Not fun. But, they are beautiful creatures!

Ugh - I am so stupid! Firstly, I let time get away from me last night - Dave is on a delivery, and the library ordered a jam book for me, so I stayed up way too late reading that and being on the computer! Then, I accidentally set my alarm an hour early, but didn't realize it until I had already brushed my teeth and all that stuff, but I tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work. So, I'm up early! I'm on bunny hours today, I guess - about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I don't know how you do it, Melissa! Oh, well. I can do it. Just not very often! : )

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Becki, I saw those times and thought, Wow she must have stayed up all night! Word of mouth really is the only way I know of to find a processor for your animals. Hang out in a rural community long enough and you will eventually here of some place. It's apple & pumpkin season everywhere and many of those places have animals too. I'd stop by some some farm that has produce for sale and ask, even if the owners don't raise them I guarantee they know someone who does.

Or you could just dress them yourself!

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I was amazed at how bright the moon was last night, it was so bright that it seemed like someone was shining a streetlight in my backyard. I went outside to enjoy it and was surprised by what I saw. I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the rainbow around the moon. I have never seen anything like it. The picture isn't the greatest, hard to take a picture of a night sky but I really wanted to share it!
    {{gwi:1307087}}

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ok, guess what my hubby won yesterday?? 2 garth brooks tickets!! ahhhh man!! to see him in concert would be sooo cool!! LOL :'))

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OOhhh! Michele! You lucky girl!!! I've never seen him in concert (except on DVD), but I'll bet it's great!!! I love his new song - "More Than A Memory" I think it's called. It is so much different than his older stuff. I love it! And I love his old stuff! "The River" has always been one of my favorites! : ) A Garth tape was what got me and Dylan's dad together so many years ago. I wanted one, and he had one, so he dubbed it, and had me stop at his rugby game to pick it up and watch him. My first boyfriend - oh the memories! Girl, I hope you have SO MUCH FUN!!! When is the concert?? I'm assuming he's taking you, right? I guess I shouldn't assume that. Sorry, if he's not!

Wasn't the moon beautiful last night, Tracy? We call it the harvest moon, and it is one of our favorites! You took a great picture! Last year, it was so bright out, and it was quite pleasant as well, so our kids were running around outside playing at like 11:00 at night. They were hoping to do the same this year, but it was pretty cold out last night. They were bummed. They didn't stay out very long.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

tonight is hunting moon,
    i gave my ticket to tabor. i think it would be a great father son thing!! ahhh i still can't believe i done that.

• poisondartfrog
    16 years ago

That looks like a witch's moon to me, and I ought to know.

Becki, You got a compliment on your little seed envelopes today: the ones that you sent me in Vela's White Elephant swap. I got an email from a trader about how cute the little seed envelopes I sent were. I had to think a moment because the ones I make are not that great, and then I remembered that I used your little envelopes for those seeds.

I hope everyone is well and has beautiful weather as I do right now-perfect for gathering a few more seeds.

Alana

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Beautiful Picture Tracy! Its called a Moondog. If you look it up online there are great explanations of it. The moisture around the moon cause prisms, very beautiful picture you have. (also a harvest moon since farmers like seeing it before harvest time) There is also a sundog, very beautiful also.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, ttfn
    Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

OMG girls! I am SO EXCITED right now. I have been kind of dragging my feet on this whole baking thing, espcially the jam selling. I have seen so many warnings about not being able to sell home canned goods, and I really wasn't wanting to go any further without checking. But, I was also scared to check, because I was so afraid I would find out I couldn't do it. But... I finally did some checking today, and actually talked to a man at the dept. of inspctions and appeals - the food guys, and was told that jams and jellies are the ONLY hermetically canned items that can be sold. Woo Hoo! He said the only rule is that it has to be labeled with name and adress of processor, ingredients and volume. Perfect - that is exactly what I've been doing (except for address, which I will add.) I am SO relieved! And selling baked goods is fine too (as long as nothing is added - like a custard or cream), and I don't even have to have a license to sell it retail to the public. IF I were to sell wholesale to say a resaurant or bakery, then I would need a license. But, that's not really something I'm seeing right now. So, it's a go! The only other thing I should really check into now is insurance. I THINK that as long as I am making it at home, anything would be covered by my homeowners policy, but I really should check into that. But, at this point, I think I'll just take a wait and see on that. No need to pay more for our insurance if this doesn't work out. I will see how much business I'm doing before I talk to the insurance guy. I know at farmer's market they were content with a copy of the homeowners policy. Anyway, things are looking good. I really want to do thing at least halfway legit. I'm getting there, at least!

Medo - that is so nice of you to give that to your son! So sorry I went on and on about how fun it will be! But, I'm sure it will be a great thing for the two of them to do together! Does your hubby have a cowboy hat too? I know Tabor does! I would love to see a pic of them in their concert going clothes! I've even donned a cowboy hat for a country concert or two (yep, I have my own Stetson - is that scary or what?) Hubby and I have matching ones that I got from Marlboro once when I had a BUNCH of Marlboro Miles someone had given me!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

that's ok!! how were you to know that i'm such a nice mommy??? LOL i think i'm gonna find something fun for talla and i, maybe girls night out, like, painting our toe nails and fingernails. and pizza. and soda. movies. sleeping in the livingroom. and just being silly!! oh and we can't forget the cappunino's!! LOL so rich!! mmmmm.... and cutting the pizza into princess sqaures i will tell them how to cut it. heck we just may make it our selves!! LOL

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Well I found some in San Diego, after googling "meat locker CA" and scanning 14 pages. Seems it's far more common in the midwest, as I found a bunch of former meat lockers on town history links. Ok now for another (maybe) silly question.... how much room does a "repackaged" cow take up? Last spring hubby bought me a 15 cuft freezer for my 29th birthday (it's what I asked for). I'm thinking about ordering a cow now...
    So far what I've found is places that do red meat, but none that do chicken. There is a feed/seed place in town, so they may know someone though. Poor hubby, i've already got him picking up farm share boxes, now I'm going to send him for cows.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Medo - that sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a wonderful evening with her! Love those girls nights!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Girl - I have so many freezers, I will have to think about that one for a minute! Yes, we have 2 chests, 1 upright, plus 3 fridges that of course have freezers, plus our big walk-in freezer! (Yes, we spend a lot on electricity!)Okay, just looked, our chest in the basement is 14.8, and I'm pretty sure we can get a whole cow in there, processed. I'm not positive, but I know it would be close!

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Nope, there's a fine of a few hundred dollars if you hit a deer here. We do see alot of jackrabbits on the roadside in mid spring (when the juviniles dodge across the road), may be different up toward ORE, but down here, they're all on state lands (cleveland nat'l forrest, etc).

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

Basements and attics are also things we don't have out here.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

sometime we want to buy a whole cow. maybe a goat too. ya know, to have different flavor! i'm tired of the same ol stuff. and some buffalo. but i do like my chicken. when we have left over chicken i put it thru the shredder. then i can use it for what ever. that dirty rice at aldi's is good.do ya'll have one/?? it's a discount grocery store??

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Wow! Boy would our state be racking in the money! I don't believe there is any fine here for doing so. And a lot of people will then take the deer and get it processed - yick! Actually, we found out last year when I had my accident, hitting a deer is the only kind of accident in Iowa that is "no fault". Mine was because of the ice, and that was very well cited in the accident report, but it was still my "fault" according to the insurance company. They said the only kind of accident that won't count against you is if you hit a deer. Now, if you are about to hit a deer, and you hit something else, or cause an accident, then it is your fault. It's only not your fault if you keep driving ahead and just hit the dang deer.

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Oh, Michele - I wish I could send you some goat!! Ugh - I refuse to eat that! Now if I were REALLY hungry...

We used have Aldis around here, but I think they all closed - the close ones did at least. I never really shopped there anyway, I'm not sure why. I'm more of a Hy-Vee gal, or Walmart now that they have groceries. BUT - I won't buy produce at Walmart - too many bad experiences with that! The best place here to buy meat and produce is Fareway - do you have them there? I'm guessing you might have Hy-Vees, as you aren't THAT far from us. But, I don't know about Fareway. And maybe you have neither one! But, they are the only grocery stores in the 3 towns that I would shop in around here.

• medontdo
    16 years ago

no, but walmart, we do, i do like to shop at sams club!! LOL i'm so irritated. they votedon the per capita going up, which normally would be a good thing, but it takes away from the housing, so its not in this case!! i just want to shake all them lazy indians and tell them well, if you got off your lazy a** and worked you wouldn't need the per cap to go up, and they take away from the housing and stuff like that, but eventually they will start taking away from stuff on the reservation and their children. then what?? just because they are so lazy?? don't get me wrong, i like money, but i would rather have my house remodeld!! LOL

• medontdo
    16 years ago

ok i know that was rude and i'm sorry!! but i had to vent to someone, i'm native american as well. potowatami sp? can never spell it right!! LOL i just love ya'll!! :'))
    ok i'm gonna miss grant sooo much!! he works all day today, and then this evening he works at a game for the school district. then later he works for the police dept. so i won;t see him till after 1am. boo hoo!! but it does give me time to get my act together and clean this house!! LOL

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Now that is what I am doing with all of my free time that I have since the guys are out of town. Cleaning, catching up on paperwork, paying bills and most importantly, sorting and tossing all the junk that they would normally give me a hard time about! Evil Laughter!

You all like my moon? Aw, thanks! I thought it might be a Moon Dog after what Pixie had been telling me about Sun Dogs! Thought that rainbow over top of it was just too cool. Thought Alana might like it as well! Witchy Moon!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

its just too beautifull tracy!! sorry i didn't comment on it!! duh michele, gee ya'll almost had me spelling it with 2 ll's LOL thank GOD its friday!!!! LOL
    hmmm... i think i heard that just purely evil laughter here!!! LOL
    oops make that correction, LOL
    hubby is working on the both porches, giving me a green house on one and closing the other one in for storage for the time being. this weekend. YAY!! and tomarrow taking a test for washburn police. then he will only have to work two jobs instead of 3 and he'd be full time cop!! awesome!!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    16 years ago

I saw a deer get hit not too long ago. First time ever seeing an animal die. Hopefully it will be the last.Image still im my head.YUCKY!!

Well....the countdown begins. The GRANNY will be here within 24 hours and counting. (SOBBING!!!)I really need to get it in gear & finish up the cleaning ,but have lost all intrest. So I sitting here, eating some Russell Stover Mocha Ganache chocolate that was for my partner's box. I promise to replace it!Will not buy till the day before I ship though.LOL! Temptation would be too great!
    I think I'll bust out the Nag Champa incense this weekend to get rid of some of the negitive aura(sp?).Might meet them at the door in my tiedye.LOL!

Brooke is walking!!!! FINALLY...She was the latest walker of the bunch.Taylor started around 9 months & Brett started around 11-12.Although ,of all the times to start walking, she picks the week I need her to stay in one spot.LOL! Well back to the cleaning....
    Later..April/dirt

• medontdo
    16 years ago

thank goodness my house is too small!! april i feel for you!! i'm so lucky that i'm sooooo unlucky in the kitchen, and that i can't clean worth a darned!! LOL so everyone knows! don't have it at medo's house!! LOL
    isn't it always' that way with little ones!! LOL :'))
    we just transplanted all our flowers and peppers and stuff. LOL our experiments. we'll see how they go. i know they will go good, talla has a hand in it!! she's got that green thumb!! LOL man, not me!! LOL :'))

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

This is the other reason that we have so many kids! Not any extra space for out of town visitors! No room at the inn! lol! Aw, Medo, no feeling bad sweetie! Just grins and giggles please! No duhs allowed!

Cleaning is one of my least favorite chores to do. The only time I can get into it is when the uber mess makers are going to be gone for a while and I get to enjoy the tidiness for an extended time. Cleaning for company is the worst, you always see something you missed after they get there. I always forget to put out the fresh towels. Don't know why, but that seems to always be the forgotten detail for me. Have to do those last or one of the kids will smear toothpaste on them or something!

April, light some lavender up and wave it around the house to chase away the bad joo joo. Chase the evil right out! Then go put all those child latches on every cabinet to give granny a run for her money on rearranging the kitchen. More Evil Laughter!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

LOL no doubt!! if ya don't have them lavender dry sheets, get em and just have laundry to do. LOL smells so good and calming!! and them lavender oils on the lamps!
    whew! are ya crazy??? i don't mind going to moms and HELPING cook and cleaning, LOL its not at my house!! and my toilette aint getting overflowed!! LOL ;")))

• fishymamas
    16 years ago

OH, use the tot-lock ones! they are invisable from the outside, and instead of keyholes, it's done with 2 STRONG magnets, I have fun watching people try to tear my doors off my cabinets....

• letha1971
    16 years ago

THANK YOU!THANK YOU!I would love the Cookie Dough!Miss HoneyBunny I put Keetoowah band and then marked it out.My teachers always told me to go with my 1st answer.My family have always been big hunters..deer,rabbit,squirrel,turkey,and fishing too.I can't hunt though.I love animals to much.I'm a big softie.Well ladies it's Friday.Anybody got any big weekend plans?I just want to stay home this weekend.We have piddled away the last several weekends.I need to do some house cleaning myself.I just told my daughter I need to hire her to clean my house.Shes in school and looking for a job.Guess what ..I got azaleas blooming.Strange weather we got here in Arkansas.I got some more goodies for my partner today.I keep finding stuff I want though.Medo I'm jealous,I want a greenhouse too.I'm trying to talk the hubby into building one(fat chance).Congrats Dirt on Brooke.My grandbaby is trying to take a few steps.Shes almost there,but plops down.Oh Tracy,I like the pic.I was looking at the moon last night too.It was so bright here you could walk through the house with the lights off.

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Fishy, I am giggling at the magnetic locks, those must be pretty funny to watch adults try to get into!

April! I am so sorry, I didn't congratulate you on your new walking baby! Congratulations! That is great news! Well, except for you needing her to sit still right now, lol!

Letha, Mmmmmm, cookie dough body butter, sounds really yummy. Careful now, those little men may try to take a bite out of you! No big plans for me this weekend. My girlfriend might be coming over to visit tomorrow night. Both of us are so busy anymore it is hard to find time to get together like we used to. Might take the kids to see B Movie on Sunday.

Medo, I have been wanting to have a greenhouse ever since I saw Ed's cousin's. He built one for his wife. He's an electrician and installed the mechanical windows that are hooked up to the thermostat. Installed a sprinkler system and tons of racks. It attaches to their family room by sliding glass doors and she can just step right in from the house. Her garden is amazing! She has the most gorgeous yard. They have giant pampas grass, elephant ears, a pond, arbors, gorgeous perennials. Absolutely beautiful. She is able to start her plants so early in the greenhouse and they are so big and healthy come spring. Lucky duck!

• beckilove
    16 years ago

I want my greenhouse here too! My husband kept telling me this year that he was going to build one, but you know, life happens. Then he keeps telling me about this one on the other side of the state that drives past once in a while that he knows has been empty for years. He keeps saying one of these days he is going to stop and ask about it, but he hasn't been back that way since he said it :( Supposedly it is, like, full-sized! He said it is like that of a small nursery near here! I want it, I want it, I want it! I drop small hints every once in a while - like a while back he said I should grow my own kiwi fruit. I was like, yeah, that would be nice, but I can't here - we don't have the right weather. Then, a few minutes later I said, "But, you know..." And he's like, "Yeah, yeah, I know." Anyway, when the time is right, I know it will happen. I try to think that way.

Congratulations, April! So exciting!

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i want a big one, but for now this will be cool!! we can do our homeschooling out there when we want to , make it a garden type room. it's gonna be on the west side. VERY generic!! but i'll be SOOOO happy!! :')) he's fitting me in between his jobs!! that's sooo cool!! my hope is to make a long kinda like window box to start plants in. then when they're ready i can take them out. not have to use them other things. they are a MAJOR pain at times!! LOL i'm a pusher, that's my biggest problem, i'll find a way to get what i want, so i'll take a little green house type thing on the front porch if that's all i can get for now. LOL he' say's i'm so easy to deal with sometimes. that's a small sometimes. LOL

• letha1971
    16 years ago

Oh, I forgot about the B movie.I should take Avery to see it.He has only been to one movie(Ratatouille)& he loved it.Its the big man I worried about(hehehe).Okay now I'm green with greenhouse envy.I've thought about a really small one until I can convince my hubby I NEED one.May I'll shop the net for ideas.Well,I hope everyone has a good evening.I've got a date with my Harry Potter book.Nighty Nite!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

whoohooo I just read that I won! Guess it pays to read daily eh? Been digging today and then stuffed maself of Fox's spaghetti mmmm YUMMY!

I didn't even think to look up Melissa, brain nodes werent working overtime. I think I would like pomagrante (sp)

I'll be back in a few. Watching a movie with the Fox.

Pixie

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

I am bummed, I looked in the paper for show times on B Movie and they just have advanced ticket sales listed. I thought it was coming out today!??? Got my wires crossed on that I guess. Oh well. I guess we will rent something fun and have popcorn and stuff here instead. We'll see. Didn't tell them anything so they won't know.

I have at least 3 deserted nurseries around me. I wonder if anyone would notice pieces of framing and glass disappearing in the middle of the night? You guys are a bad influence. I would never have considered ever taking a pinch of a plant or swiping seed pods in a park before I met you people, and now here I am contemplating grand larceny! Sheesh! I have become a degenerate!

{{gwi:1307088}}

• medontdo
    16 years ago

i did talk to the parks anad recreation people and they said if its on the ground its ok. thats here in ks though. if the seeds are on the ground their still good right??

• tracyvine
    16 years ago

Why Hello there Miss Pixie! I took the liberty of starting the new thread since we are so close to the end here and Melissa won't be back online until Sunday afternoon.

Tracy