Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Make New Friends: Extreme Makeover *Turkey Edition*

Posted by hazelnutbunny 7A (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 21, 07 at 23:34

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Welcome to the Make New Friends Swap for November!
This group is open to EVERYONE....Newbie, Oldie or somewhere in the middle..we want YOU!! :O) Come on in, pull up a chair..and grab some stuffin'!

This month's theme:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket EXTREME MAKEOVER: TURKEY EDITION!! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay...You are probably thinking..."What the heck is that bunny talking about now?". :O) Well, with me..it could be anything. BUT, this time it's all about....US!!! Pampering US!! This swap will be all about ways to pamper us as we get ready to hit the ground running on or around Thanksgiving! We all now how HARD we work to cook, get the house ready for guests, get the kids/car/husbands ready to travel...You name it!! We are HARD WORKING GALS during the holidays!!
And not to mention the most IMPORTANT event of the holiday season! The DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SALES!!!!! Woo-Hooo!! :O) Who COULDN"T use a day of pampering after fighting the mobs at the local mall? :O)
So, in this swap we will send our gal pal stuff to de-stress her after the big day! (or to help her get ready for the big day!) Stuff like: Lotion, chocolate, bubble bath, candles, face masks, body butter, chocolate, foot soaks, aromatherapy items, massage oils, homemade goodies, CHOCOLATE ......ANYTHING goes! :O)
But, I do have to lay down some ground rules, to make this fair for everyone!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket First, per GW rules, you MUST be 18 (or celebrating an anniversary of that birthday) to participate.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Second, a FLAT RATE SIZED box. In trying to keep it fair, I want everyone to use the box SIZE as a guide. You are more than welcome to send parcel post, and use a plain box...but it MUST be the same size -or larger- as a flat rate box. And it must be completely full. The only reason I say this, is that I don't think it would be fair for someone to send a box packed full of goodies, and only receive a simple bottle of lotion and a bar or soap. :O( Just trying to level the playing field, so everyone knows what to send! :O)
Use your imagination for the contents...Really, ANYTHING goes!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Third, DELIVERY CONFIRMATION is a MUST. Again, this is only to protect YOU & YOUR PARTNER. And to help the hostess (me!) keep track of who has received and sent. Trust me...it is well worth the .65 cents! :O)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketFourth, Cheerful & joyful attitudes!! We want to meet new friends, get to know the old friends better...and just have tons of fun!

Signups will be until October 31st. I will post partners on November 1st. Boxes must be mailed out no later than November 15th.

Okay. I think that covers the basics.
Is everyone ready??

Let's get pampering!!

Melissa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Make New Friends: Extreme Makeover *Turkey Edition*

Kissy Kissy Miss Missy Melissa!! Count me in definately!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

ROFL! I am in! Where did you ever get a tan turkey with bikini lines? LOL! You had me at body butter, Foot Soak and Chocolate! Ok, maybe not body butter but definitely at massage oil! LOL! Hmmm, what is body butter? Will I get as tan as that butter basted bathing babe of a turkey if I use it?
Tracy

o

Body butter! You've never heard of BODY BUTTER???? OhMyGosh!!! Okay, Ms. Tracy.... I'll let you in on a secret. It's how we southern ladies keep our skin nice and soft during the winter. :O)
Body butter is simply an EXTRA thick lotion. Super hydrating, TONS better than regular lotion!! The best stuff is 100% shea butter. Oh, Mamma. Slather that stuff on, and you'll be nice and soft for days!! :O) No more yucky elbow scales getting caught on your sweater sleeves! LOL And it even reduces stretch marks!! YAY!! :O)
I'll have to send you some!! :O)

o
Butter Me Up!

Oh My Gosh! I think it is tooooo late for me with the stretch marks but boy I could use some for the dry dry dry skin! Oh Boy do I get it bad in the winter!

o

I'm a turkey!

.... no one's surprised. huh?

glitter-graphics.com

o

Ohhhh count me in!!! I need the destess goodies NOW!! Remeber when I told everyone my FIL was coming to visit Oct 24 -Nov 4.Well he is bringing hubby's Granny with him. Last time down she told me when she came back she was doing all the cooking cause she didin't like ANY of mine!!!
Now da@# it ! I can cook. I didn't go to culinary school for the "cool" hat!Garanted I was going for pastry chef ,(I got married & quit 6 months before degree.Not very smart I know! Will finish when all kids are in school.)but I can still cook chili,brisket,chicken,soup,etc.....! GRRRRR !! She likes to cook with grease ,I prefer veg oil or butter. I guess its too many cooks in the kitchen. Plus she moves stuff around,cause she doen't like the way I have them. Told me to move them back after she left!Please pray that I don't strangle her ! OK! Not such a great way to start everyones Monday morning. Sorry ! I'll stop now.
Later....April/dirt_under_my_nails
glitter-graphics.com

o

Lord! I'll never type messages before coffee again. That word was supposed to be granted,not Garanted.
Lack of caffine + stress = new word.LOL!
later...dirt

o

Cute theme, Bunny! I am sure it will be a great swap, but you guys know I am a plants person-I don't do much "stuff" and have a hard time choosing it to send or doing anything with it when I get it. I guess that means I am through swapping until spring except for seed swaps, which is fine. I prefer growing from seed so finding new ones will be fun.
That doesn't mean I won't be poking around, putting in my 2 cents now and then and enjoying your fun.

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

April, I think you definitely need to be in on the destressing part of this swap! LOL! Poor baby, I think I would take advantage of Granny this week. Take yourself out of the kitchen completely. Hand her the spatula and tell the kitchen goodbye until she is gone. No cooking? Hmmmm, what will you do with the free time on your hands?

I am like you, cook with butter and vegie or olive oil. Cut out all those heavy fats a long time ago. Yick! I think we should include valium in our boxes for those hosting the holidays this year! LOL!

o

Hubby just told me they won't be here till Oct 27th.So that's three less days than I thought.YIPPEE!! We really get along ok except for the cooking.Kid's are thrilled for them to be coming. I'll grin and bear like last time. Thanks for letting me vent. (again)
Seeing as she'll be doing all the cooking I might just pull my knitting out. Haven't done any since Brooke was born.
later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

Good luck with all that, April! I hope you get lots of time to knit! I find that to be very relaxing!

Please cound me in on this swap, Melissa! Sounds like fun, and I have goodies already to send! (Yep, I do my Christmas shopping EARLY!)

Becki

o

Count me in on this one! I've also been doing some shopping already! Thanks for hosting Melissa!

Karen
thanksgiving graphics

o

Sounds like huge fun!!! Add me to the list!!!

o

Yay! More Turkeys!! Er..uh, I mean..participants!! :O)
Glad to see everyone!!

o

Welcome Back Miss Klick! How was Vacation? Where'd ya go? What'd ya do? Hmmmmmm? Dying for some fun, even if it is someone else's fun! LOL!

Dirty Girl, you just go ahead and spill about the inlaws! LOL! I know we can all relate! Thank goodness the stay just got a bit shorter! Whew! Knitting sounds great! I would love to get back into it too. Tis that time of year again for snuggling up and clicking away with the needles! Let's just see if I can remember how to start off! LOL! My mom has all my books and I completely forget how to get started. All the fun stitches I remember, just not the casting on. How'd that happen? Losing my marbles.

o
The truth.

o

will there be any bunny hunting ?

o

Hello HNB et al;
I will not be joining this swap as I sell wonderful products that offer stress relief and only use the products I sell. That is another reason that I only like to be involved in swaps that have plants and not other stuff. I hate dusting so knickknacks are not fun for me and I will not use any other skin care products. I did take a big box of some of the well meaning gifts from previous swaps to the women's shelter here but I felt guilty giving them stuff I would not use so I would prefer not to do it again. I will just hang around and visit. If there is anyone that needs help putting together a fun box, I can offer products. I do not want to violate one of the basic rules of GW by trying to sell anything so I will stop there.
Welcome back Klick, hope you had a blast.
I went to my favorite junk store yesterday and I bought a Zultan who actually lights up and tells fortunes as well as a coffin that opens and a holographic skeleton comes out. I have not put that together yet but the Zultan is great. I will try to take a picture of him and post it.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I bought thirty more spring bulbs. I really do need treatment. Have a wonderful night. diene

o

Oh my goodness Diene! Is the Zultan like the one in the movie BIG? I loved that movie, careful what you wish for, you might just get it. More bulbs? uh oh. I think we might need to have you committed! Is there a clinical treatment for holticultural addiction? Agriculturers Anonymous?

Don't feel too bad, I ordered and planted my 6 new clematis, all of my bulbs, still have to sort through all my wonderful seeds too. Not to mention I know of a certain small elf-like person around here who seems to be suffering from similar afflictions. I won't name names of course but she is plant crazy!

Hmmm, I think bunny hunting season is over now. But it is Turkey Season, I bet if we stuck some turkey tails on that fluffy bunny she might just pass for a gobbler.

o

Diene, you junk shop finds sound wonderful! I hope you are able to post a photo.

My system has been a bit slow and I have uncovered a nasty trojan horse. I think I am going to reformat my hard drive today and then set up a network with my long lost son's (ha!) pc, so it may be a day or two before I have time to get back online. Everyone take care!

o

Hello All;
Yes it is Zultan although I am not sure if that was the name of the genie in Big but the concept is the same. I have no idea what this might have cost new but I think it was well worth the $20 I paid. My camera batteries need to be recharged and I am soo busy that I have not had the chance to do that.
Aside from the bulbs still in the bags, I received an e-mail from that Gardening site we ordered from and my daylilies are on their way. Help!!!
Have a wonderful day. Out the door now. diene

o

Alright troops, we need to all march over to diene's house to get her beds ready for all of those daylilies and tulips that she needs to get in the ground!!! Grab your shovels, picks and hoe's! Get those batteries charged, Diene! We all want to make a wish to Zultan!

It has been pouring all night and all morning so far today. I am grounded to the inside jobs, yick! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tracy

o

can I be in bunny if I promise to be good and only shoot at bunnies with turkey gobbles. carol

o

well we have FALL here early!!! Its been cold, got down to 57 last night and its in the low 70's but very sunny outside now. Supposed to be back in the 80's come friday. This is very strange weather that we are having. We did get some rain from the front that passed through yesterday and I hear that the drought stricken eastern states are getting much needed rain from this front.

Welcome back Klick! We missed you!

Diene sounds like you made out like a bandit!

Good luck with your system Poison, I hate that part of computers!

hmmm a Bunny with Turkey feathers hmmm just doesn't sound right Ducky.... just not as cuddly.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I think you might be right! She looks more like a pilgrim to me!

o

o

Pixie dear... I tried to email you the other day, and the message was immediately bounced back. Have you had any issues with your email account?

o

OHHH Klick I had troubles with my email all weekend, I am sorry. Its fixed now though. I hate this server at times.

Sorry Sweetie.
Pixie

o

Got room for another turkey?Count me in!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

ew ew i want in!! gobble gobble!! but by the 15th? hmmmm.... that will take some serious stuff!! LOL i'm gonna have to seriously beg the hubby!! LOL but i just happen to hav some stuff!! LOL hmmm now he chocolate won't last!! talla will find it and eat it!! LOL but i do make some stuff for your skin! way awesome! talk about pampering!! LOL

o

More Hens! Yay! Or should I say Jennys?? Cuz I KNOW we aren't old enough to be considered hens, are we, ladies?? :O)

So far.. for this fabulous JENNY party I have:

Pixie
Tracy
Fishy
Dirt
Becki
Kalena
Klick
Carol
Letha

We're off to a GREAT start with a FANTASTIC FLOCK of Jennys!!

o

whoooohoooo this jenny is so relaxed after a very nice long melon scented hot bath that she could lay an Easter Egg!!!

You've got a cluck party going on Hunny Bunny thats forsure!!!! Gonna be lots of fun!

o

See! There is the Ducky Angel Pixie laying her Easter Eggs!

Woohoo! Quite a gaggle we have clucking along in here! Can't wait!!!!

o
Splash!

Well, HOWDY, Medo!!! Jump right on in!!! :O)

o

boy i kinda plan to! LOL i was looking at these business cards that are "free" can you say what ever?? mom always said nohing aint never free!! now, look at that phrase and tell me how many times things cancel out? LOL man i have to get to sleep! but i'm so anxious for the swap!! i already have some stuff!! LOL somebody will be swept off their feet!! LOL goodnight all you beautifull woman!!

o

Me do do do , Me da da da, Me do do do, Lol! I got that song in my head now! Yay Michele! Welcome aboard the Turkey Express!

o
Sugar Scrub!

Time to EXFOLIATE!!!

You can make your own sugar scrub right at home! I do this once a week, it's so simple! Here's how:

Simply take 2-3 TBS of granulated sugar and stir in about 1-2 TBS of honey. More if you like it thin, less if you like it thick. If you have oily skin, you can also add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice. For acne & other problem areas, add cinnamon. You can use this scrub anywhere you want to, but be extra gentle if you use it on your face. (I have super sensitive skin, use this on my face about once a week. The honey really helps acne break outs!)

You can also substitute brown sugar for the granulated sugar. This makes a finer scrub. For extra tough areas, like feet & elbows, you can use an extra fine ground coffee.

You can also add Sweet Almond oil or Grapeseed oil for really dry skin. Essential oils are nice, too. But be SURE they are essential oils, not fragrance oils (like for candles & potporri). Those will irritate your skin.

Be sure to follow up with lotion! This will help soothe any irritation you might have after exfoliating. :O)

o

Morning Ladies!Was wondering how many have skin issues? I'm pretty lucky in the fact I can use anything.Only thing is I can't stand lavender or lilac scents. I think there are a few here besides Diene, that can only use certain skin products. Maybe we should post what we can or can't use? I dunno,but I don't want to send something my buddy can't use. Later...April/dirt_under_my_nails

o

That's a good question, April. I will jump in here - as far as body stuff, I can use just about anything. But hand lotion - might as well not send me that. If you could see my hands right now you would understand why. I get severe eczema on my hands. They itch so bad, and get really scaly and gross. Then, they split at the knuckles, so I have 2 fingers right now with bandaids wrapped around them. Hand lotion unfortunately only irritates it, except for Neutrogena Norweigen Hand Cream that is. Anything else just stings like crazy and turns my hands even redder. But, as far as my body, I can't think of anything I can't use. : )

Melissa - thanks for the exfoliating scrub recipe! I usually use St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but unfortunately don't do it as often as I should. I appreciate the reminder. I especially love exfoliating my face! My skin feels so smooth after that. That is just about the only thing I do halfway regularly. I don't usually use moisturizer (not unless my skin is looking dry in spots or I get a free sample of something good - like Hope in a Jar - gotta love that stuff!) I also RARELY wear makeup - only when we are going out or for a holiday or something, so I rarely even use a cleanser on my face - water is usually good enough. I typically have had pretty good skin on my face, so I am so thankful for that. My only problem is these darn dark hairs on my upper lip! I found out my sisters have the same problem. We were all going to get our upper lips waxed before my sisters wedding, but then we thought about the fact that we might have bad reactions, and didn't want to go to her wedding with a red streak under our noses! But one of these days... Have any of you had that done? I've bleached, but that doesn't last very long, and actually makes the skin there lighter as well. I know waxing won't last long either, I think, but it would be nice for a little while! Actually, it's not that bad - don't be thinking I have this dark mustache or anything - just some darker hairs there that drive me nuts!

Gotta go out and pick all our peppers today. It might freeze tonight, so whatever still looks good is getting picked today. I honestly haven't looked at them since the frost yesterday morning, so they might all be shriveled up already. I guess I'll find out in a little while!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Becki

o

good thing april!! i was thinkingf that last night, cuz i buy alot of avon when its on sale!! which i have alot of...just happend to have money when it was on sale.
ok becki try this, has worked wonders for us and mom and another person, but dont laugh. i was thinking about moms getting old and her thyroid and her skin problem, well the kids and all, they have eczema, but not really bad.well i use olive oil- make sure its olive, at walmart i get palmers cocoa butter, the hard stuff. i mix it together in the mixer till its fluffy, (do it a lttle at a time!! trust me!!) leavve it on your hands and wrap them at night, wt it does is heals and exfoliates, don't know how but you nevr feel it exfoiliate. the dead skin just comes off in little beads!!t first i gave talla ANOTHER shower cuz i thought the other one wasn't good enough, then i put it on her again, same thing, then i got a clue!! LOL my mom stays oily for 3 days, i'm lie your not supposed to make it oily!! LOL but it sure does feel awesome! ven when ya shower your still soft!! i use this after gardening cuz sometimes i like to garden barehanded. LOL except towards the back of the house theres something in the soil that makes me break out!! errr!!! LOL hope that helps ya!!

o
math for the kids!!!

LOL becki ya got me on another whole thing!!
i was gonna say good morning!!
and i found some sites that i can substitute in talla's math, cuz the stuff the have in there is like uhhh duh!! so i've been pulling stuff off there. using the little figures like ppumkins and stuff. she's catching on when she wants too!! LOL
talk at ya later!! hope ya all gave a great day!! i get to see my dad and susie today!!

o

hazelnutbunny... thanks for that wonderful scrub recipe! I could use something like that for my face and feet.

Ok, my box to debbya is ready to go. I've come down with a cold, but will drag my lifeless body to the post office at some point today.

Hope you all have a great day!

o

Oh no Klick, feel better dollie! These colds have been pretty vicious this year. Watch out.

Love the scrub recipe miss bunny! I will have to give it a try!

Becki, I have the same trouble as you. I do so much cooking and washing, constantly washing my hands. They split and crack in the winter really bad. I use Mostly Neutrogena products because of the stinging issue as well. Fragrance free as I am allergic to heavy perfumes. Make my lungs feel terrible, like they fill up with fluid. So, no perfumey stuff for me please! Light really mild fragrance is fine, natural scents like vanilla, cocoa butter, and cinnamon is perfectly fine, just not the flowery stuff.

Medo, I will have to give that cocoa butter/olive oil recipe a shot too! I need all the help I can get in the dry winter months! Yick! Just call me lizard lady until April or May!

o

LOL crazy woman!! LOL i know how ya feel!! oprah said it one day! if ya take your figer nail and scrape it across your legs you look like chalk, thank GOD i'm white!!! LOL i just don't get into all that taking care of myself like i should, just once in a great while, that's being realistic. LOL but i love this one almond honey stuff i seen. ahhhh!! LOL

o
The Return of Lizard Lady

I was terrible about taking care of my skin until a few years ago. I got so sick of that tight dry itchy skin on my legs! Enough to make me want to jump out of my own skin. Found Dove Body Wash for sensitive skin deep moisturizing and it worked so nice! So got rid of the bar soaps completely. Then I started to need a little extra help and now I use the Neutrogena Body Moisturizer. That helps immensely. I am always open to new and improved methods of keeping the scaleys away! I hate the itchies! My skin seems to get used to products after so long and I will do anything to keep from getting the shimmy shimmy heebie jeebies! :o)

o

Thanks for the idea, Medo! That sounds good. I'll have to give it a try. My doctor actually gave me a really strong steroid cream for my hands, which helps some. But, here is what the pharmacist told me:

1 - Never use it for more than 2 weeks straight - not good for you

2- Always wash your hands after applying it - umm - that'll wash the stuff right off, as I'm applying it to my hands, so...

3- Hmmm - that makes it tricky - I guess just be careful not to touch anything for quite a while after you apply it.

So, sometimes before I go to bed, if I think of it, I'll put some on. But, I don't notice a huge difference when I use it anyway, so it's not really worth the trouble.

Count Lily and me in with the colds. We are suffering together. It hits me all of a sudden sometimes where I just feel lifeless like you, klick. Get winded just walking up the stairs. Right now it's not too bad, though, so that's good!

Oh, Tracy - I have to wear rubber gloves almost all the time! Washing dishes or cleaning, it's a must! Cooking, often as well. I usually use the long bright yellow ones, but I got a box of thin latex ones too, so I can wear them when peeling or cutting vegies and stuff like that, when it's important that I can really feel what I'm doing and not have empty glove at the end of my fingers. If I happen to wash a few dishes without my gloves - it's gonna be painful later on!

Mmm - almond honey - that sounds good. I'm so bad - I love the expensive stuff. Can't afford it, but love it! I have gotten a couple of Sephora gift certificates one way or another, and I've ordered REALLY cheap stuff that is totally on sale, and then I get so excited to get their free samples! It's pretty sad. I'll order like a lip balm or gloss, or something really cheap, so the GC will cover that and the shipping, and then I get so excited to choose my three samples! It's horrible! And then I usually order when I can get a DELUXE sample as well! So, I got some Pumpkin Pie Philophy 3-in-1 stuff, like 2 years ago - just a small bottle - and I still have it! I use it just once in a great while, VERY SPARINGLY! Not that I like the pumpkin pie scent on my body all that much anyway, but it's just the idea that I have this expensive stuff on! Horrible! Oh, Estee Lauder last year sent me this email, where shipping was free on $20 or $30 or something, plus you got a deluxe sample set. So, I bought this nice little mirrored compact that was on sale with all kinds of lip glosses in it - like 5 or 6 of them. Then, I got this sample set, plus a deluxe sample of another lip gloss, plus 3 little samples. Used most of them as Chrismas gifts, and saved a good portion for mayself as well. Gotta love those things! Oh, and I had a coupon for a free small bottle of perfume at Victoria's Secret, with any purchase. So, I went in there and bought a 3-pack of body butters (yep, I LOVE body butters), and got my free perfume. I gave one of those body butters to each of my sisters, and kept one for myself. I absolutely LOVE using that stuff! I can't remember the fragrance, but it is WONDERFUL!!! Ugh - I'm rambling again! Gotta go out and push Lily on the swing. Talk later!
Becki

o

that's what mom said this is like, body butter, never heard of it. but i'm not much on that. unless its for my kids!! oh becki, ya know how they say that food'll stick to your guts? well thisll stick to your skin!! its good!!
so that's what makes ya itch?? i noticesome places i go to i itch more than others, is that cuz their more drier??
boy all i know is sometimes i feel like tiny invisible bugs are crawling alllll over me!! errrrr!!! i sometimes wantgrant to check my head to see if i have lice, but i know i don't, i'm not filthy. i just don't use alot of lotions. LOL becki, spray with water and tea tree oil daily, i have and we don't have near the cold problems we have befor!! thank goodness!! grants allergies are making his asthma act up which i thought he was getting bronchitus again. i'm nt happy, so i dusted everything down and put the bedding in the dryer for 20 mn and he was much better.

this is their school id's LOL they wouldnt take regular one's. LOL i guess you can get discounts. and if a cop trys to say their truant or some bs. geez. LOL

o
on waxing...

Hairs need to be at least 1/8th>1/4 inch long for the wax to "grab" them, so letting that grow on your face may not be ideal. (not like you can wear jeans for a week over your face for the "grow out"). any redness is gone after a day or so, so they'll tell you to get waxed ~ 3 days before the wedding, any strays can be removed with tweasers. Oh yes it does hurt, for about 30 seconds.

o
turn it up some!!! LOL

we're listening to honkytonkbadonkadonk!! did they make a sexier man??? LOL so then is everyone gonna email bunny their can't haves, that' away theres no ya no, bad mistakes, and then she can pass them on when she matches the partners up. its just my opinion but thats a good idea for us who don't get to read all the posts and remember who's who, and bla bla. i might send tracy some perfumy stuff and she'd have to give it all to her little princess. LOL and ..... poor tracy!! LOL or becki.... LOL

o

• Posted by emxry Virginia (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 24, 07 at 14:39

I would like to participate! Count me in please!
Thanks!
Catherine

o

Hello Catherine! Welcome to our crazy little group! We hope you have a good time playing with us here! Tell us a little about yourself. We can all follow up with a little bit about us to help you get to know us too!

Medo! I love Talla's expression! She has the sweetest face and those big brown eyes! Oh man! So precious! Tabor looks pretty mischievous! lol! Gonna go rope some doggies after you're done takin my picture, Ma! lol!

I have done the wax thing only on those irritating stray whiskers here and there. Never did the leg wax or the dreaded bikini zone! Yikes! I could handle 30 seconds of ouch for a nice smooth feel. OOOOH no shaving! Bliss.

o

:) My neighbor got that WHOLE bikini area done, and thought it was so good! She told me I should, I was like, h*** no! Can we talk about OUCH? And then as it grows back? Ewww!

I actually tried to do my upper lip a few times with one of those sally hansen home things - didn't work worth a darn.

Medo - adorable kiddos!!!!!!!! And no, not to many men sexier than good ole' Trace! Are you keepin' prefect rhythm?

Welcome, Catherine! I look forward to getting to know you!

Becki

o

Bunny, I sent you an email. Please let me know if you do not receive it.
Alana

o

Thanksgiving Humor:

What did the turkey say before it was roasted?
Boy! I'm stuffed!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

LOL that's good!! hey cathrine!! welcome!! (at your own risk!!) ahh crud did i actrually type that?? LOL awww ya that 's right we are doing the nice thing!! LOL

o

(here's your drumroll, Tracy)

HaHaHa!! :O)

Welcome to Catherine! Glad to have ya!!

Everyone is welcome to send me their likes & don't likes. I can send them out with your addresses when I assign partners.
WHICH reminds me. Ladies, I need addresses for:

Letha
Catherine
Karen

If you would be so kind as to send those along, I would appreciate it ever so much! It will make things go so much smoother in the long run! :O)
I have everyone else's from previous swaps, so I think we're good to go there. Unless you've moved since July. :O)

o
much better!!!

that sounds good to me!! LOL
man life is good!! LOL i've got a great hubby! great kids! i got to see my dad and susie!! its been great!! LOL but tomarrow back to cleaning and working!! ugh!!! and sending out my trades!! i drove my truck today, it was better than the first day. so i think i'm slowly getting used to it!! he's gonna help me go over it with all the fluids and all.

o
Taking my bow!

Thank you, Thank you very much! You all have been a great crowd tonight, please don't forget to tip the wait staff!

Gobble!

o
This is California

Much like sparta, little here makes sence. Since summer is 9 months long, bikini waxes are pretty common, and well, yeah it hurts, but I think required by law now. Laser hair removial hurts less, and is perminant, so I've swapped over to that (feels like a rubber band snap).

o

Hey Nut, you want another Nut? lol I need to know and I'm sure I just missed it....the sending date, I'm feeling better but not not up for shopping yet:( I'll be in if I can.

Sassy

o

Hello all!Becki & Tracy,We see alot of people with hand dermatitis(cracking-peeling hands)where I work.The steroid cream is usually prescribed twice a day for two then weekends only.The reason is steroid cream can cause thinning of the skin.Water is not your friend.Wash with water as little as possible.When washing use a cleanser that is very mild like Cetaphil and your water temp should never be hot.Hot water is drying to your skin.It washes away the necessary oils your body naturally makes.There are others but Cetaphil brand is my favorite.Cetaphil also makes a good cream to use on hands and body too.You can use it between applications of the steroid cream.When you have to have your hands in water wear rubber gloves with a thin cotton glove underneath.We suggest the dermal cotton gloves like from the pharmacy dept.That will absorbe any perspiration from your hands that could cause more irritation.At night you can use vaseline on your hands and wear the dermal cotton gloves so you don't mess up your sheets.They don't recommend using the steroid cream under the gloves because when you occlude steroid cream it becomes stronger.Also for dry skin in general avoid hot showers.It will dry out your skin.And when you step out of the shower pat dry and apply a good thick cream to your damp skin.Moisturizers work better on damp skin.We will begin to see alot of people with winter eczema when everybody turns on the heaters.Dry heat and hot showers make dry itchy skin.

o
oops!

I'm sorry I meant to say twice a day for two weeks then weekends only.

o

Okay my turn.Why did the turkey join the band?..........Cause he had the drumsticks(hehehe) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Sassy! You want in this Jenny party?? :O)

Signups are until Oct 31, Sending date is November 15th. I may scoot that out until the 20th, if everyone would like a bit more time. I just want to make sure that everyone can enjoy their goodies before the big rush sets in! (or at least, can enjoy them after all the big sale shopping on the 23rd!! :O)

o
Bunny & sassy

o

woooohoooo i'm for the 20th!! LOL

o
is this????

is them top long things new growth for leaves on my sago?? or..... anyone know?? i tried looking it up but i think i don't know how to word it right.

o
Sassy kitty

Well, Sassy WANTS you to believe it's like this...

But it's probably more like:

Don't let her fool ya!!! :O)

o

WHOOOHOOO ...WELCOME Catherine, nice to meet ya. We love making new friends and this is a really ummm hmmm crazy? silly? fun? all of the above? group of friends we have here. We laugh and play and cut up alot.

Fishy did I understand you right??? Bikini waxes are required by law??? That would suck. How are you faring with the fires in CA? I hope your not around that area. I talked to a friend of mine from here that now lives in CA but she is North of the fires thank goodness but her 23 yr old daughter is 30 minutes away from them.

Medo, beautiful kiddos ya have there! I like that lil impish look on Tabors face lol all boy ya can tell. Talla is just a lil princess.

Sassy girl glad your going to be in this swap, whooohoo its gonna be fun!

Melissa I think I saw that kitty going through the culvert in the driveway here so you are safe sweetie. I also wrote down the exfoliating recipe Thanks!

Beckiluv I WANT to learn to can like you!!!

Ducky well hmmm your just Ducky sweetie.

Letha, you are now MNF's designated nurse!!!

I know I missed someone but Imma sorry.... I hate posting and not saying Hi to everyone.

I don't have any allergies to anything topical. I don't really care for the really perfumey smells though, rather like the clean smells and melons and citrus smells for me. I love the spice smells for my house but with all boys its not a good thing to have it perfumey. Dry skin I think I am like everyone else, wintertime kills ma skin, I am a big believer in olive oil slathers though lol (better than baby oil) mostly its my legs and arms that get dry cause they are usually exposed to the weather. Low humidity days here really dry me out. I also use the dermal cotton gloves and they make sleep socks also and I also use those (helps my feet stay warm too). The only thing I have a real problem with is my lips, they get very dry and crack when it gets dry here or when I travel North (to Okla). I don't like the carmex YUCK or medicated balms like that. I do keep a tube of Abreva in my purse at all times, it not only is good for fever blisters but is great for cracked lips.

Ok I have rattled a book hmmm thinking now I am sounding alot oh nm.

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Sago

YES Medo
those are new fronds on your sago palm

o
Sago 2

is your sago new? it looks like the other fronds were cut to a certain size and the new fronds are the size the older fronds should be.

o

I can do that, I think. Let me have a few days, I'm really feeling better all the time, but if this sets back in on me, I'm in trouble. And I sure don't won't to disappoint
anyone.

o
thanks!!

fronds are leaves right? i want the silver one! it looks sooo cool. hubby bought me that the other day!! and for my anniversary present, manicure, pedicure, massage. whew! what am i gonna do?? LOL

o
Big Sagos

Yes Fronds are the leaves, they aren't all uncurled yet the individual leaves on each frond will end up the size of the older ones.

They look great in the ground when they are that size and yours seem to be growing great! They will get very big and have babies (pups) that come off the mother plant.

o

Your in a climate that they will do great in. Look up Sago Palms and how to grow them. They are very easy, I have several

o
cool!!!

i just got that particular one the other day! i have one other i've had for about a month. and one more i've had all summer, it came with no fronds. and hasn't grown any either. but it had grown roots. so thats good. i assume some year it will grow fronds. LOL i'm anxious to get the long ones, well they kinda look like a spider plant but grows on trees. i saw it in california. almost brought them home. LOL

o

Will do, Sassy! :O) Take it easy & get better so you can swap with us turkeys!! :O)

I'm alot like you, Pixie. I'm not big on floral stuff, but I LOVE the food type smells. I'm a plain vanilla type girl! LOL I am addicted to bath products, which is about the only girly type thing I do. The only makeup I wear, though, is lipgloss. I have a lip gloss fedish, I do believe. :O) At last count, I had 9 in my purse!! LOL I pick up a new one each week. You should see my bathroom cabinets. No, no, wait...You probably shouldn't open them. The lip stuff will come tumbling out at you. LOL

I might have a problem. :O)

o
Lip Gloss

OK now for Bunnys partner here is the deal.... DON'T send Lip Gloss lol just kidding but hey she may have it already ! But then on the other hand she just may not have it.

I am imagining opening the medicine cabinet above Bunnys sink and being pummeled by LIP GLOSS til I am beneath a mountain of tubes! lol

o
Bunny

Bunny you are one that doesn't need any makeup, you have a beautiful face and look soo young so don't mess it up with makeup. Lip Gloss is ok though :)

o
Turkey Game time!!

Time for our first game!
Well, actually...more of a quiz. :O)

In celebration of Thanksgiving, and in tribute to our Native American cultures! :O)

1) What year was the first Thanksgiving?
2) What are the Cherokee words for "turkey" & "thanksgiving"?
3) Which tribe of Native Americans were present at the first Thanksgiving?
4) Name 2 foul that were eaten at the first Thanksgiving.
5) How long did the pilgrim's celebration last?

Bonus!! Which band of Cherokee do I belong to??

EXTRA Bonus!! What is my Cherokee name?? *hint: It's sweet.

The winner of the contest will be the one with the most correct answers by 7pm (central time) THURSDAY -tomorrow- night.
The winner will receive a 1 ounce tub of 100% pure SHEA BUTTER body creme!! YAY! In HER choice of scent!!
:O) If you answer either of the bonus questions correctly, you get an EXTRA SURPRISE! Double YAY!! :O) :O)

Just as a teaser...Here are the scents I have available for the Shea butter:

Honey Almond
Lavender Rain
Melon Madness
Cookie Dough
Pomegranate
Cherry Spice

Good Luck!!!

o

Ruh Roh, this test looks hard. I think I am going to call upon my ancestors to help me. Crud, that won't help, they're all irish. Sheesh! Can't catch a break around here!

o
Makeover *Turkey Edition*

Who says Bunny's can't be smart, too?? :O)

o

Waxes aren't required by law, but they can ticket you for visable pubic hair, for "indeciency" reasons.

Actually I'm ringed by fires, we were last year too.. every year the same thing happens....

The Santa Ana winds start blowing, a certain MORON news channel has thier idiot weather man mention that "fire chiefs are concerned about the possiability of arson", like clockwork 2-3 hours later some drunken fools start setting fires, that burn down 1/2 the hillsides..... moron news channel says they "predicted it" (uhhh yeah, and why don't i mention cookies in the pantry in front of my 3 year old, leave the room, and say i predicted he'd find and eat them?) It's mostly the houses that are built IN the mountains that get damaged, if you compare the national park/regonal park map with where the blazes are they're all right along those areas, here we're smack in the middle of town and 10 miles from the nearest wild brush area, so pretty safe, and not much brush as ours burned last year. took a case of toothbrushes and crest down to the evac center at my college today, and kept the kids inside.

o

ok here goes my shot at the quiz...

1. 1621 (but the first year Thanksgiving was recognized as a National Holiday was 1863 by Abe Lincoln)

2. Kalagisa (turkey) and Ulihelisdi or Unalihelisdiyouwado (Thanksgiving)

3.The Wampanoag Tribe

4. Swan and Geese

5. three days (they hunted for five

I would say you belong to the Chickamauga Cherokee Nation band (western band)

my guess for your Cherokee name is two names lol, here goes

uganasta tsisdu (sweet rabbit)
or
uganasta (agnst) ayugidv (sweet hazelnut)

Pixie

o
work work work

ok finished working and going to bed, ya'll have a great night and good dreams. Hopefully I didn't mess up on this print cause ma head is achin but just signed off on it and emailed it over whoohoo done.

niters all and have a safe morning.

o

Oh, Letha, thank you so much for all that information! I have known for a long time that water was bad for my hands, but didn't realize I should wear cotton gloves under the rubber ones! Wow, g/f, you just helped me a bunch! Thank you, sweetie! Can't wait to try all those things!

Fishy, I sure hope everything stays okay for you! That has got to be scary. You say yours burned last year - just your brush, right, or did your house as well or school suffer damage? How frightening!

OMG, Pixie! Where did you find all those answers? You are way too cool! I guess I'd better get to work!

o

Here's my shot.....
1.The first national Thanksgiving was declared in 1777 by the Continental Congress, and others were declared from time to time until 1815.
2.turkey gv-na zn guh nah
turkey gv z guh
turkey ka-la-gv-na Kwzn kaw la guh nah
turkey ka-la-gi-sa KwfA kaw la gee saw
Thanksgiving u-li-he-li-s-di ooh lee hay lee sss dee
Thanksgiving u-na-li-he-li-s-di-yo-u wa-do
3. Wampanoag
4.swan,geese,& duck. Thinking swan & geese were the same though
5.3 days
bonus 1.Chickamauga
bonus 2. yu-gi-dv =hazelnut
tsi-s-du = rabbit so that makes you :
yu-gi-dv tsi-s-du
later...April/dirt

o

Letha, I am loving all of your advice. I have only gotten bad enough for Rx creams once and that was 2 years ago. Had Elidel Cream and it helped for a while. I have gotten in the habit after doing some heavy cleaning or gardening to wash my hands and then to slather on some neutrogena.

I know that my store carries cetaphil creams but have never noticed a cleanser. I will need to look for that. I wash my hands quite a bit because of diaper changes and food handling. The added issue here is that we have well water. It is softened by salt. Yick. So that doesn't help much. I will try turning down the temp in the shower but that is the only way I can loosen up these stiff joints some days is to steam them out.

Bunny, I was looking up Cherokee information last night and whew! I am over my head! LOL! Remind me not to search when I am tired.

April and Pixie those look like good answers! I will bow to your super brainy powers!

Fishy, Stay safe, take no chances! I have a friend who is nearby and works in a hospital in San Diego. She said Saturday that the hospital had smoke inside and that she couldn't see across the parking lot when she went outside because of the smoke. Her sister's family has been evacuated so far, but her home is safe for now. It is very scary watching those winds blowing burning embers down the streets on the news.

Hope everyone has a marvelous Thursday!
Tracy

Gobble Gobble!

o
My GUESSES on the quiz

1) 1621
2) (okay I can't find a good translator, so here is my best - unlLlsdY4 (Thanksgiving) and Kwzn (turkey) - yep, I know I just lost there! : )
3) Wampanoag
4) Duck and Partridge
5) The feast was 3 days

Umm - the Arkansas Band of Western Cherokee Nation, and your name is Adsila (Blossom)

o

I posted several posts back but forgot to say that I would like to play. PLEASE...

glitter-graphics.com

o

Correct, the brush on the hills surroundong town burned (I'm directly below the town of idlwyild where 4 fire fighters died in an arson blaze last year) so in our hills nothing much to burn, as it went up last year. We had ash snows and the sky is smoke covered today, other then some inhailer use for the kids with asthma, we're ok. We have evac plans in place, and enough carseats and busses where we can get everyone out in under 3 mins (yep fire drills once a month, and we're fast). The infant rooms have thier own emergency access, so that they're not trying to move 3 babies each 50 yards (with a sling tossed on, and 2 babies in the football hold it's not too hard, you just gotta be focued, I make everone pratice this who works here (yes even food staff and janitors). Once a year the firemen come with full gear to talk to the kids about fire safety (vital, as in gear they can be scary to a kid who is already confused). We have 2 evac places, 1 is my house next door (in case like, the pipes burst, and they just need a safer building) and 2 my grandparent's ranch (2 acres of horses to pet makes for some happy kiddies) which is 30 mins away. I've also used 3. chucky cheeses, which if you walk in with cash or a large enough visa card you can rent-out on the spot (did that when the power went out to the north half of town last month).

For diaper changes, try some cheap disposiable gloves, slide them on change diaper, toss out diaper, dispose gloves.

o

Howdy ladies.Hope everyone is having a grreat day!Okay here are my answers to the Quiz.(keeping my fingers crossed)1.1621 after the Plymouth settlers 1st harvest.2.Turkey-ka-la-gv-na or ka-la-gi-sa(I found both for this)Thanksgiving- U-na-li-he-li-s-di-yo-u wa-do 3.wampanoag 4.ducks & geese 5.three days 6.Confederated Western Cherokee band 7.Melissa means honeybee -wa-du-li-si

o
Hello!

Howdy ladies.Hope everyone is having a grreat day!Okay here are my answers to the Quiz.(keeping my fingers crossed)1.1621 after the Plymouth settlers 1st harvest.2.Turkey-ka-la-gv-na or ka-la-gi-sa(I found both for this)Thanksgiving- U-na-li-he-li-s-di-yo-u wa-do 3.wampanoag 4.ducks & geese 5.three days 6.Confederated Western Cherokee band 7.Melissa means honeybee -wa-du-li-si

o
Turkey feathers!

Turkey feathers!(It said it rejected the 1st message).I went shopping today...found some great goodies.This will be a fun swap.I love to pamper myself.Just wish I had more time to do it.I did get to get a haircut & my hair highlighted yesterday.Thats a major accomplishment for me.I hope the suggestions help ya'll with your hands.Hi Wynative,welcome, glad you joined us turkies.Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Welcome to WYNATIVE!! Yay, Another turkey to play with us!! :O)

Wow, you girls are SMART!!! LOL I totally expected to stump you guys. :O) I'll have to try harder next time, huh??
Okay. Here are the answers I have:

1) What year was the first Thanksgiving? 1621
2) What are the Cherokee words for "turkey" & "thanksgiving"? TURKEY-ZN,Z,KWZN,KWFA (english-guh nah, guh, kawlaguhnah,kawlageesaw) THANKSGIVING- unlLlsdY4 (forgive me, no Cherokee font on this computer!) english-oohnahleehayleessdeeyohdoe
3) Which tribe of Native Americans were present at the first Thanksgiving? WAMPANOAG
4) Name 2 foul that were eaten at the first Thanksgiving. TURKEY,GEESE,DUCK,CRANE,SWAN,PARTIDGE,DOVE
5) How long did the pilgrim's celebration last? 3 DAYS

Bonus!! Which band of Cherokee do I belong to?? KEETOOWAH BAND

EXTRA Bonus!! What is my Cherokee name?? *hint: It's sweet.
honeybee - \j>R -ENGLISH- WAH DEW LAY SEE

Okie Dokie!! Soooo....As you can see, the first person with the most answers correct...Is...

AND...For being the only one to get the EXTRA BONUS question correct...The runner up gets a special treat, too!
The runner up is......

Ladies, please email me for your choices!! :O)

Thank you to everyone that played!! Ya'll are AWESOME, as always!! :O)

I'll post another game next week, so stay tuned!! :O)
And I promise, it will be easier next time!

o

Does your tribe hunt bunnies ? people have mentioned you are pretty, where is a pic of you posted / can't wait for my partners name. my shop is having a craft sale this weekend, so since I work I can shop for my partner and find something cute, my boss makes some really cute things. glad to be a part of this happy group. hugs carol

o

Woo HOO! Miss Pixie and Miss Letha! Congratulations! Wow! Smarty Pants, the two of you! Great game Melissa! I promise to play next time.

Well, I am sobbing in my coffee this evening. My Hubby took Ted down to Florida to go visit the college he wants to attend next year. Sniff! My little boy just isn't so little anymore. They flew out this afternoon and landed nice and safe. All settled in and looking to have a nice time in 82 degree weather! Shaking my head, How did I end up being the one staying home? Not sure how that happened!

Letha I am so happy for any helpful advice on the skin treatment. Truly appreciate the help from a professional! I bet you look fantastic after getting the hair done! Hot Stuff! I keep meaning to call and set an appointment up for myself but every time I have a minute, I look at the clock and they are closed for the day or it happens to be Monday when they are not open at all! Sheesh!

o

Nope, no bunny huntin in this tribe! LOL My family hasn't eaten rabbit since...well, the story is icky, so you've been warned...but in '79, mom was frying rabbit to make some stew, and dad was out cutting wood for the fire. The chainsaw hit a knott, and kicked back, cutting off the end of dad's foot. So, he comes in the house, takes off what is left of his boot...RIGHT IN FRONT OF MOM. He's all "hmm, guess I"ll have to go to the ER tonight." Meanwhile, she pukes and then faints. Brave woman, my mom. LOL

So...we haven't had rabbit stew since then. :O) Which is fine by me, b'c bunnies are too cute to eat, anyway. Cuddle, yes. Kill...nope. :O)

o

Congrats Pixie and Letha!! I, too, hope to be able to participate in your next game, Hazelnutbunny. I just didn't have time today. :( I would have LOVED the shea butter!! I emailed you my address today, just wondering if you received it?

Have a good night everyone!

o
Hunting season

And that there is the story of the bloody stump! Yick! Poor mom, poor kids! Oh and most especially POOR DAD! OUCH! Never had rabbit for dinner a day in my life, planning on keeping it that way too! lol! Way too cute and fluffy to eat.

I had a weird experience driving on the highway yesterday. I was zooming along in my lane when a bronco starts pulling past on the next lane over. As he starts to pull ahead I notice a pair of eyes looking over at me from the rear bumper. Did a double take and sure enough there is a deer tied on to this fold down platform on the back of the truck. The body is all wrapped up nice and tight but the head is sticking out and just looking over at me. Not something you ever see around here! Shook my head and thought Is it deer season already?

o
Deer Tracy!

Oh, that's too funny, Tracy! We just finished watching "Open Season" last weekend!! LOL Your story made me think of the poor deer tied to the hood of that hunter's truck!! :O)

o
Kalena

I received your info today, Karen! Thanks bunches for sending it!! :O)

o
Bagging humans again, Eh?

Seriously that is something I have never seen around here before! lol! I just was a little stunned. Thought, oh boy, Emma better not notice that! She was already having a bad day yesterday. That would have sent her over the edge!

o

Oh, dear Tracy, I have what has to be one of the most disgusting deer season stories I have heard! Yours is bad, but this one is way gross! So, warning GROSS STORY AHEAD!!! I was driving with my kiddos on the highway we take into town nearly every day, when I noticed something hanging from the electric pole by the river. Upon closer looking, I realized that it was the skinned body of a deer. I nearly vomited, and fortunately my kids didn't notice it. When I got home, I called the sherrif's office, because I wanted that thing DOWN! There was nothing they could do about it (seems like a theme they have), and told me to call the DNR. I did so, and finally got a call back from our areas field officer. I explained once again what was there, and told him that I have kids with me all the time, and hasn't anyone else complained about this. No, this was the first he has heard of it. Aparrantly I'm the only one who looks around as she's driving, or just the only one who has the balls to complain. Anyway, a few days later, it was gone. But, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO THAT???? Icky!! Not bringing back good memories! Sorry if I just made anyone vomit, but I figured we already had one gross, gory story, so why not add another? It is almost Halloween, right?

Congratulations, Pixie and Letha!

o
Where the buck stops

Yes, in the spirit of Halloween! LOL! Rofl! shhh, gonna wake emma! lol! That is completely disgusting! Oh man! Skinned and everything! Gross!

Something similar happened in a neighboring suburb of ours. Someone hung a deer off of the tree in their front yard. It was on a very busy street directly across from an elementary school! The cross walk for the kids was nearly directly in front of this deer. Luckily it wasn't skinned yet! Thankful of that at least! People were outraged and called the police, they couldn't do anything about it. I guess there really aren't any laws on the books regarding the common sense of where to hang a deer. It did make the news and the morons did finally take it down because of the uproar.

o
Poor Rudolph

Now who could shoot something as cute as this? Hmmm?

o

Wow. Gonna sound really bad here...but those 2 stories don't even phase me. Not a bit. I grew up with dead things hanging in my neigbor's yards all the time. Coons, deer, squirrels, possums, hogs...You name it, it was hung, skinned & gutted right there in the yard.
Of course, my nearest neighbor was 1/4 mile down the road, and I lived out in the woods. The town I lived in has an entire population of 299. I believe that's including livestock.
My entire extended family is into hunting BIG time.

May explain why I don't like to eat meat, come to think of it. :O)

Thank GOODNESS that my hubby hates it as much as I do, though. My kids don't even like it, except for William..he goes Turkey hunting, but he can't stand to hunt for anything else. I guess turkeys are ugly enough that it doesn't bother him?? Either that..or they just taste really good. :O)

o
Jenny List

Okay, here is the list of Jennys that I have so far. Let me know if I miss anyone. Also, if there is a * by your name, this means that I need your mailing address, please!

Pixie
Tracy
Fishy
Dirt
Becki
Kalena
Klick
Carol
Letha
Medontdo
Emxry*
Sassy (maybe)
Wynative

Is that everyone? Remember, we are taking signups until the 31st (Wednesday!). I will post our partners on Nov 1st (Thursday).

o

See, that is the big issue right there. City folk never get to see that. Even if it is the way of the world most of us have never seen an animal right after it was brought down, much less as it is being dressed to end up on someone's table. Some of us are a little delicate natured that way. Our kids don't really have a good understanding that a drumstick used to belong on a live bird. We looooove our meat though! LOL!

Even with my Uncle's farm, they raise chickens, collect the eggs, but have them taken away to be processed. None of it happens on their farm at all. One day you have 30 chickens and a few days later the freezers are packed with roasters and split fryers, drumsticks, boneless skinless chicken breast, etc!

o

Yep, Tracy! That's the way it is here too. We have the chickens, but take them somewhere to be processed. Once I watched for just a few minutes, and got grossed out and couldn't look back. Those big bloody scissors were HORRIBLE!! Disgusting! Now, I am not above shooting an animal if it needs to be done, or just is driving me nuts :o , but the PROCESSING - no way!! My hubby keeps saying when the guy that processes our chickens passes (which might not be long), he is hoping to buy his whole set-up, so we can do the processing ourselves and make money doing it for others. I've made it pretty clear that there is no way I will participate! He says he and his friend will do it. No thanks - don't even care to have it happen in my vacinity! Ick!

o
Chicken carving

I had actually considered getting some chickens, but the butchering made me pause (I can dissesct things fine on my own, but doing 25 in a day would be too much for me), there's people that do the icky part... why on earth didn't that occour to me? (stop laughing, I grew up in the city, remember?) Where does one find a chicken killer/dresser?

o

Fishy - as far as chickens, pretty much just word of mouth. Some lockers do it, but not most around here. Do they even have lockers out there? If not, that would be a place where you bring cows/hogs/deer, etc... to be killed and processed. Our neighbor does his own deer, but that just icks me out! Not that we hunt anyway. Ooo - gotta go - I hear Lily walking around upstairs! Nighters!

Becki

o

ok, actully I have no idea what you mean by "lockers", I don't think it's legal to hunt deer here ever.

o

That's okay, hun! Around here there is one in a lot of your smaller towns - it's just a slaughterhouse (not sure I want to use that word), where anyone can bring a live or already dead animal, drop it off, and come back and pick up nice little white packages of meat. You drop off a cow today, in about a week or so, you go back and get boxes full of ground beef, T-bones, roasts, sirloins, ribeyes, etc... You typically have to set up an appointment for your animal, as they stay pretty busy. They also sell meat of their own, from their own animals, I guess, 'cause if we are running low on, say, brats, and we're having a party, we can go buy some from them too.

Never, huh? 'Round here there are two seasons that I am aware of - shotgun season (I think, or rifle or something) and bow and arrow season. Okay, so I'm not a hunter, and I really don't know if that's what it is, but I think so. Deer tend to get a bit overpopulated around here, so it's one way to control the population I guess. You probably also don't think it's normal to drive down the road and see 2 or 3 deer lying by the side of the road on any given day, as they like to run across the road in front of you. Not fun. But, they are beautiful creatures!

Ugh - I am so stupid! Firstly, I let time get away from me last night - Dave is on a delivery, and the library ordered a jam book for me, so I stayed up way too late reading that and being on the computer! Then, I accidentally set my alarm an hour early, but didn't realize it until I had already brushed my teeth and all that stuff, but I tried to go back to sleep, but it didn't work. So, I'm up early! I'm on bunny hours today, I guess - about 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I don't know how you do it, Melissa! Oh, well. I can do it. Just not very often! : )

o

Becki, I saw those times and thought, Wow she must have stayed up all night! Word of mouth really is the only way I know of to find a processor for your animals. Hang out in a rural community long enough and you will eventually here of some place. It's apple & pumpkin season everywhere and many of those places have animals too. I'd stop by some some farm that has produce for sale and ask, even if the owners don't raise them I guarantee they know someone who does.

Or you could just dress them yourself!

o
Rainbow Moon

I was amazed at how bright the moon was last night, it was so bright that it seemed like someone was shining a streetlight in my backyard. I went outside to enjoy it and was surprised by what I saw. I grabbed my camera and took a picture of the rainbow around the moon. I have never seen anything like it. The picture isn't the greatest, hard to take a picture of a night sky but I really wanted to share it!

o

ok, guess what my hubby won yesterday?? 2 garth brooks tickets!! ahhhh man!! to see him in concert would be sooo cool!! LOL :'))

o

OOhhh! Michele! You lucky girl!!! I've never seen him in concert (except on DVD), but I'll bet it's great!!! I love his new song - "More Than A Memory" I think it's called. It is so much different than his older stuff. I love it! And I love his old stuff! "The River" has always been one of my favorites! : ) A Garth tape was what got me and Dylan's dad together so many years ago. I wanted one, and he had one, so he dubbed it, and had me stop at his rugby game to pick it up and watch him. My first boyfriend - oh the memories! Girl, I hope you have SO MUCH FUN!!! When is the concert?? I'm assuming he's taking you, right? I guess I shouldn't assume that. Sorry, if he's not!

Wasn't the moon beautiful last night, Tracy? We call it the harvest moon, and it is one of our favorites! You took a great picture! Last year, it was so bright out, and it was quite pleasant as well, so our kids were running around outside playing at like 11:00 at night. They were hoping to do the same this year, but it was pretty cold out last night. They were bummed. They didn't stay out very long.

o
i'm sooooooo crazy!!!!! LOL

tonight is hunting moon,
i gave my ticket to tabor. i think it would be a great father son thing!! ahhh i still can't believe i done that.

o

That looks like a witch's moon to me, and I ought to know.

Becki, You got a compliment on your little seed envelopes today: the ones that you sent me in Vela's White Elephant swap. I got an email from a trader about how cute the little seed envelopes I sent were. I had to think a moment because the ones I make are not that great, and then I remembered that I used your little envelopes for those seeds.

I hope everyone is well and has beautiful weather as I do right now-perfect for gathering a few more seeds.

Alana

o

Beautiful Picture Tracy! Its called a Moondog. If you look it up online there are great explanations of it. The moisture around the moon cause prisms, very beautiful picture you have. (also a harvest moon since farmers like seeing it before harvest time) There is also a sundog, very beautiful also.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, ttfn
Pixie

o
What a relief!

OMG girls! I am SO EXCITED right now. I have been kind of dragging my feet on this whole baking thing, espcially the jam selling. I have seen so many warnings about not being able to sell home canned goods, and I really wasn't wanting to go any further without checking. But, I was also scared to check, because I was so afraid I would find out I couldn't do it. But... I finally did some checking today, and actually talked to a man at the dept. of inspctions and appeals - the food guys, and was told that jams and jellies are the ONLY hermetically canned items that can be sold. Woo Hoo! He said the only rule is that it has to be labeled with name and adress of processor, ingredients and volume. Perfect - that is exactly what I've been doing (except for address, which I will add.) I am SO relieved! And selling baked goods is fine too (as long as nothing is added - like a custard or cream), and I don't even have to have a license to sell it retail to the public. IF I were to sell wholesale to say a resaurant or bakery, then I would need a license. But, that's not really something I'm seeing right now. So, it's a go! The only other thing I should really check into now is insurance. I THINK that as long as I am making it at home, anything would be covered by my homeowners policy, but I really should check into that. But, at this point, I think I'll just take a wait and see on that. No need to pay more for our insurance if this doesn't work out. I will see how much business I'm doing before I talk to the insurance guy. I know at farmer's market they were content with a copy of the homeowners policy. Anyway, things are looking good. I really want to do thing at least halfway legit. I'm getting there, at least!

Medo - that is so nice of you to give that to your son! So sorry I went on and on about how fun it will be! But, I'm sure it will be a great thing for the two of them to do together! Does your hubby have a cowboy hat too? I know Tabor does! I would love to see a pic of them in their concert going clothes! I've even donned a cowboy hat for a country concert or two (yep, I have my own Stetson - is that scary or what?) Hubby and I have matching ones that I got from Marlboro once when I had a BUNCH of Marlboro Miles someone had given me!

o

that's ok!! how were you to know that i'm such a nice mommy??? LOL i think i'm gonna find something fun for talla and i, maybe girls night out, like, painting our toe nails and fingernails. and pizza. and soda. movies. sleeping in the livingroom. and just being silly!! oh and we can't forget the cappunino's!! LOL so rich!! mmmmm.... and cutting the pizza into princess sqaures i will tell them how to cut it. heck we just may make it our selves!! LOL

o
Hmmm.... I'd like 3 cows and 27 chickens please

Well I found some in San Diego, after googling "meat locker CA" and scanning 14 pages. Seems it's far more common in the midwest, as I found a bunch of former meat lockers on town history links. Ok now for another (maybe) silly question.... how much room does a "repackaged" cow take up? Last spring hubby bought me a 15 cuft freezer for my 29th birthday (it's what I asked for). I'm thinking about ordering a cow now...
So far what I've found is places that do red meat, but none that do chicken. There is a feed/seed place in town, so they may know someone though. Poor hubby, i've already got him picking up farm share boxes, now I'm going to send him for cows.

o
Fun!

Oh, Medo - that sounds like so much fun! I hope you have a wonderful evening with her! Love those girls nights!

o
Fishy

Girl - I have so many freezers, I will have to think about that one for a minute! Yes, we have 2 chests, 1 upright, plus 3 fridges that of course have freezers, plus our big walk-in freezer! (Yes, we spend a lot on electricity!)Okay, just looked, our chest in the basement is 14.8, and I'm pretty sure we can get a whole cow in there, processed. I'm not positive, but I know it would be close!

o
deer

Nope, there's a fine of a few hundred dollars if you hit a deer here. We do see alot of jackrabbits on the roadside in mid spring (when the juviniles dodge across the road), may be different up toward ORE, but down here, they're all on state lands (cleveland nat'l forrest, etc).

o

Basements and attics are also things we don't have out here.

o

sometime we want to buy a whole cow. maybe a goat too. ya know, to have different flavor! i'm tired of the same ol stuff. and some buffalo. but i do like my chicken. when we have left over chicken i put it thru the shredder. then i can use it for what ever. that dirty rice at aldi's is good.do ya'll have one/?? it's a discount grocery store??

o
A FINE for hitting a deer?????

Wow! Boy would our state be racking in the money! I don't believe there is any fine here for doing so. And a lot of people will then take the deer and get it processed - yick! Actually, we found out last year when I had my accident, hitting a deer is the only kind of accident in Iowa that is "no fault". Mine was because of the ice, and that was very well cited in the accident report, but it was still my "fault" according to the insurance company. They said the only kind of accident that won't count against you is if you hit a deer. Now, if you are about to hit a deer, and you hit something else, or cause an accident, then it is your fault. It's only not your fault if you keep driving ahead and just hit the dang deer.

o
Goat!

Oh, Michele - I wish I could send you some goat!! Ugh - I refuse to eat that! Now if I were REALLY hungry...

We used have Aldis around here, but I think they all closed - the close ones did at least. I never really shopped there anyway, I'm not sure why. I'm more of a Hy-Vee gal, or Walmart now that they have groceries. BUT - I won't buy produce at Walmart - too many bad experiences with that! The best place here to buy meat and produce is Fareway - do you have them there? I'm guessing you might have Hy-Vees, as you aren't THAT far from us. But, I don't know about Fareway. And maybe you have neither one! But, they are the only grocery stores in the 3 towns that I would shop in around here.

o
my lazy relatives!!!! errrrrrrrrrrr*********

no, but walmart, we do, i do like to shop at sams club!! LOL i'm so irritated. they votedon the per capita going up, which normally would be a good thing, but it takes away from the housing, so its not in this case!! i just want to shake all them lazy indians and tell them well, if you got off your lazy a** and worked you wouldn't need the per cap to go up, and they take away from the housing and stuff like that, but eventually they will start taking away from stuff on the reservation and their children. then what?? just because they are so lazy?? don't get me wrong, i like money, but i would rather have my house remodeld!! LOL

o
house cleaning

ok i know that was rude and i'm sorry!! but i had to vent to someone, i'm native american as well. potowatami sp? can never spell it right!! LOL i just love ya'll!! :'))
ok i'm gonna miss grant sooo much!! he works all day today, and then this evening he works at a game for the school district. then later he works for the police dept. so i won;t see him till after 1am. boo hoo!! but it does give me time to get my act together and clean this house!! LOL

o

Now that is what I am doing with all of my free time that I have since the guys are out of town. Cleaning, catching up on paperwork, paying bills and most importantly, sorting and tossing all the junk that they would normally give me a hard time about! Evil Laughter!

You all like my moon? Aw, thanks! I thought it might be a Moon Dog after what Pixie had been telling me about Sun Dogs! Thought that rainbow over top of it was just too cool. Thought Alana might like it as well! Witchy Moon!

o

its just too beautifull tracy!! sorry i didn't comment on it!! duh michele, gee ya'll almost had me spelling it with 2 ll's LOL thank GOD its friday!!!! LOL
hmmm... i think i heard that just purely evil laughter here!!! LOL
oops make that correction, LOL
hubby is working on the both porches, giving me a green house on one and closing the other one in for storage for the time being. this weekend. YAY!! and tomarrow taking a test for washburn police. then he will only have to work two jobs instead of 3 and he'd be full time cop!! awesome!!

o

I saw a deer get hit not too long ago. First time ever seeing an animal die. Hopefully it will be the last.Image still im my head.YUCKY!!

Well....the countdown begins. The GRANNY will be here within 24 hours and counting. (SOBBING!!!)I really need to get it in gear & finish up the cleaning ,but have lost all intrest. So I sitting here, eating some Russell Stover Mocha Ganache chocolate that was for my partner's box. I promise to replace it!Will not buy till the day before I ship though.LOL! Temptation would be too great!
I think I'll bust out the Nag Champa incense this weekend to get rid of some of the negitive aura(sp?).Might meet them at the door in my tiedye.LOL!

Brooke is walking!!!! FINALLY...She was the latest walker of the bunch.Taylor started around 9 months & Brett started around 11-12.Although ,of all the times to start walking, she picks the week I need her to stay in one spot.LOL! Well back to the cleaning....
Later..April/dirt

o

thank goodness my house is too small!! april i feel for you!! i'm so lucky that i'm sooooo unlucky in the kitchen, and that i can't clean worth a darned!! LOL so everyone knows! don't have it at medo's house!! LOL
isn't it always' that way with little ones!! LOL :'))
we just transplanted all our flowers and peppers and stuff. LOL our experiments. we'll see how they go. i know they will go good, talla has a hand in it!! she's got that green thumb!! LOL man, not me!! LOL :'))

o

This is the other reason that we have so many kids! Not any extra space for out of town visitors! No room at the inn! lol! Aw, Medo, no feeling bad sweetie! Just grins and giggles please! No duhs allowed!

Cleaning is one of my least favorite chores to do. The only time I can get into it is when the uber mess makers are going to be gone for a while and I get to enjoy the tidiness for an extended time. Cleaning for company is the worst, you always see something you missed after they get there. I always forget to put out the fresh towels. Don't know why, but that seems to always be the forgotten detail for me. Have to do those last or one of the kids will smear toothpaste on them or something!

April, light some lavender up and wave it around the house to chase away the bad joo joo. Chase the evil right out! Then go put all those child latches on every cabinet to give granny a run for her money on rearranging the kitchen. More Evil Laughter!

o

LOL no doubt!! if ya don't have them lavender dry sheets, get em and just have laundry to do. LOL smells so good and calming!! and them lavender oils on the lamps!
whew! are ya crazy??? i don't mind going to moms and HELPING cook and cleaning, LOL its not at my house!! and my toilette aint getting overflowed!! LOL ;")))

o

OH, use the tot-lock ones! they are invisable from the outside, and instead of keyholes, it's done with 2 STRONG magnets, I have fun watching people try to tear my doors off my cabinets....

o

THANK YOU!THANK YOU!I would love the Cookie Dough!Miss HoneyBunny I put Keetoowah band and then marked it out.My teachers always told me to go with my 1st answer.My family have always been big hunters..deer,rabbit,squirrel,turkey,and fishing too.I can't hunt though.I love animals to much.I'm a big softie.Well ladies it's Friday.Anybody got any big weekend plans?I just want to stay home this weekend.We have piddled away the last several weekends.I need to do some house cleaning myself.I just told my daughter I need to hire her to clean my house.Shes in school and looking for a job.Guess what ..I got azaleas blooming.Strange weather we got here in Arkansas.I got some more goodies for my partner today.I keep finding stuff I want though.Medo I'm jealous,I want a greenhouse too.I'm trying to talk the hubby into building one(fat chance).Congrats Dirt on Brooke.My grandbaby is trying to take a few steps.Shes almost there,but plops down.Oh Tracy,I like the pic.I was looking at the moon last night too.It was so bright here you could walk through the house with the lights off.

o

Fishy, I am giggling at the magnetic locks, those must be pretty funny to watch adults try to get into!

April! I am so sorry, I didn't congratulate you on your new walking baby! Congratulations! That is great news! Well, except for you needing her to sit still right now, lol!

Letha, Mmmmmm, cookie dough body butter, sounds really yummy. Careful now, those little men may try to take a bite out of you! No big plans for me this weekend. My girlfriend might be coming over to visit tomorrow night. Both of us are so busy anymore it is hard to find time to get together like we used to. Might take the kids to see B Movie on Sunday.

Medo, I have been wanting to have a greenhouse ever since I saw Ed's cousin's. He built one for his wife. He's an electrician and installed the mechanical windows that are hooked up to the thermostat. Installed a sprinkler system and tons of racks. It attaches to their family room by sliding glass doors and she can just step right in from the house. Her garden is amazing! She has the most gorgeous yard. They have giant pampas grass, elephant ears, a pond, arbors, gorgeous perennials. Absolutely beautiful. She is able to start her plants so early in the greenhouse and they are so big and healthy come spring. Lucky duck!

o

I want my greenhouse here too! My husband kept telling me this year that he was going to build one, but you know, life happens. Then he keeps telling me about this one on the other side of the state that drives past once in a while that he knows has been empty for years. He keeps saying one of these days he is going to stop and ask about it, but he hasn't been back that way since he said it :( Supposedly it is, like, full-sized! He said it is like that of a small nursery near here! I want it, I want it, I want it! I drop small hints every once in a while - like a while back he said I should grow my own kiwi fruit. I was like, yeah, that would be nice, but I can't here - we don't have the right weather. Then, a few minutes later I said, "But, you know..." And he's like, "Yeah, yeah, I know." Anyway, when the time is right, I know it will happen. I try to think that way.

Congratulations, April! So exciting!

o

i want a big one, but for now this will be cool!! we can do our homeschooling out there when we want to , make it a garden type room. it's gonna be on the west side. VERY generic!! but i'll be SOOOO happy!! :')) he's fitting me in between his jobs!! that's sooo cool!! my hope is to make a long kinda like window box to start plants in. then when they're ready i can take them out. not have to use them other things. they are a MAJOR pain at times!! LOL i'm a pusher, that's my biggest problem, i'll find a way to get what i want, so i'll take a little green house type thing on the front porch if that's all i can get for now. LOL he' say's i'm so easy to deal with sometimes. that's a small sometimes. LOL

o

Oh, I forgot about the B movie.I should take Avery to see it.He has only been to one movie(Ratatouille)& he loved it.Its the big man I worried about(hehehe).Okay now I'm green with greenhouse envy.I've thought about a really small one until I can convince my hubby I NEED one.May I'll shop the net for ideas.Well,I hope everyone has a good evening.I've got a date with my Harry Potter book.Nighty Nite!!Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

whoohooo I just read that I won! Guess it pays to read daily eh? Been digging today and then stuffed maself of Fox's spaghetti mmmm YUMMY!

I didn't even think to look up Melissa, brain nodes werent working overtime. I think I would like pomagrante (sp)

I'll be back in a few. Watching a movie with the Fox.

Pixie

o

I am bummed, I looked in the paper for show times on B Movie and they just have advanced ticket sales listed. I thought it was coming out today!??? Got my wires crossed on that I guess. Oh well. I guess we will rent something fun and have popcorn and stuff here instead. We'll see. Didn't tell them anything so they won't know.

I have at least 3 deserted nurseries around me. I wonder if anyone would notice pieces of framing and glass disappearing in the middle of the night? You guys are a bad influence. I would never have considered ever taking a pinch of a plant or swiping seed pods in a park before I met you people, and now here I am contemplating grand larceny! Sheesh! I have become a degenerate!

o

i did talk to the parks anad recreation people and they said if its on the ground its ok. thats here in ks though. if the seeds are on the ground their still good right??

o
Started the new post

Why Hello there Miss Pixie! I took the liberty of starting the new thread since we are so close to the end here and Melissa won't be back online until Sunday afternoon.

Tracy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here