Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ncgardengirl_gw

UPDATE: Birthday Bash 2009 begins

ncgardengirl
15 years ago

Happy Birthday month Deb. May it be filled with goodies for you.

Comments (150)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Yeah, I want a tree with more fluff too. I purchased one a few years ago but it is one of the table top 4ft trees and it is in the building at my moms. THAT is where I store all my new things. I have purchased new kitchenware and housewares over the years in hopes I will be able to put ALL new items in my OWN home, well, it ain't happened yet.
    Mama told me I was going to have to STOP buying because SHE was running out of building room...lol.
    I DO have a lot of new things there though, and most everything else I own is there too. No point in keeping it if I don't need it now.
    Even my new Christmas things she had bought me over the last few years I just say 'thanks, stick it in the building'. So last year she bought me a sweatshirt, she said, you can't stick that in the building you need it. Well, guess what? I found it the other day still packed up and it STILL had the new tag on it...oh she would SOOOOO smack me if she knew I have yet to wear it....hehe.
    But it is NEW and I don't want to mess it up, that is my logic!

But at any rate, I didn't even put up a tree last year so this is a BIG improvement. I did get it put up today, kind of glad too, it has lifted my spirit a little more.
    Also put a few things on the entrance door, I have some garland I am going to string along the front porch. I couldn't do it today we had terrible winds, it would have been impossible to do it.
    Now I am thinking about going and getting some of those oversized ornaments to also put on the front porch, outside-is the only place I would want those.

Oh man, Bunny, I LOVE taco salad,,,yummy, yummy, yummy!!!

Yes, that first ornament and the hummingbird are just the coolest. I would love to see what all else she does. I am so thinking about taking a glass on stained glass, it is so beautiful and most everyone likes it too. Therefore, it would be nice projects to make for Christmas gifts and so much more from the heart. Still waiting on the pics of the things Mariann was sewing on too!

It is so dog gone cold here, I have on my beddy shoes and me feets is still cold! 'Bout ready to go hug up to the heater.... thinking I need my gloves on me fingers as well!

BRRRR, Fran

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I am STILL freezing, it is just too cold outside. I HATE cold weather...brrrr.

Deb, keep a look out for your box, I am hoping it will make it tomorrow but I am thinking it will be more like Tuesday. BUT I AM HOPING TOMORROW :)! I hope you like what I sent, it is kind of sort of something you asked for, sort of in a way and I hope you understand what I mean when you open it ;)!

SO how is everyone's weekend?

I still haven't put my garland up on the porch it is just too cold!

Anywho, guess I better go get the evening meal prepared....yeah, cooking is so much fun, NOT! I HATE IT...been doing it way too many years...I want a cook!

:) Fran

• diene
    15 years ago

hello mariann,
    i have done some stained glass and mosaic work. your daughter's first piece is stunning but i would bet it is more for a window hanging than a tree ornament. with all that intricate work it must weigh a few pounds.
    good luck to her at the kiosk. i have found that most people do not appreciate the work involved and balk at costs. hopefully, i am wrong.
    diene

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Mariann, I've heard people say that some of their IBS attacks can be VERY painfull, I'm glad you are feeling better, and hope you continue to improve. Your DD's work is beautiful! I have always thought of doing stained glass, but never did it. I am wanting to make some homemade soaps, I've got a lot of the ingedients to do it, I just haven't yet, I want to do lye soap and am a little nervous about it.

Deb, so glad to see you around a little more, I'm sure you do have your hands full! I hope you get some rest and take care of yourself.

Kym, why can't you use color in candles? Is it an allergy? I've never heard that about anyone.

Diene, so glad your surgery went well, I'm sure it is pretty sore right now, did they take the graft from you? That must smart too! And yes, you will have to share the story! But, I can wait till you are more up to typing : )

Nik, that is odd on the tracking #, AND, I am having the same trouble and my package was sent on the 4th also! The PO didn't even scan it in saying they got it! It is with a private trade I did and I printed the label online, the only thing it says is
    "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 3, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."
    I emailed them and got this -
    "The latest scan information indicates we were electronically notified by the shipper on November 3, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date.

Please note that complete tracking information is only available for Express Mail® items. Services that confirm delivery are designed to be a low cost alternative to full tracking. Electronic Delivery Confirmation may, but is not required to, provide the date and time when it was picked up or accepted for shipment."
    SO... a DC# really does not TRACK a package! GRRRR
    I have to send them all the info, who it is from and to where and when it was mailed! I'm worried the woman I am trading with is not going to believe I even SENT it! *sigh*

Gotta run,
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

See this is why I don't think 'tracking/DC #'s" are worth the extra cost. In essence they do not DO anything, let's say I ship something to Mariann, I get a DC#, post it and then it is delivered. But NOT to Mariann, it was to her next door neighbor by mistake because the carrier was a sub and let's just say this neightbor (NOT REALLY TALKING ABOUT HER NEIGHTBOR, just an example!!!) is not an HONEST one ok? Well, the DC# is going to SHOW it WAS delivered, even though it WAS not to Mariann.
    They person who sent it BECAUSE the TRUST the PO, DC#, and the PO carriers believes Mariann really DID get it and is trying to say she didn't when in FACT she DIDN'T although there is a DC# showing it was delievered, but it DOES NOT TELL YOU WHERE IT REALLY WAS DELIEVERED TO! Only that it was delievered, the person who sent it is going to be upset, Mariann would be upset because she now is out a package AND her sender believes she has the package and is just trying to say she doesn't...WHY? Because the DC# said it WAS delievered to Mariann!
    Even when you send it signature required you REALLY do not know who received it, because it can be signed for by anyone. They do not check ID's when they deliever these things. You just have to hope that if for some reason your neighbor gets your package they WILL give it to you.
    Yes, I did share an address with a neighbor, the difference was we were supposed to be 2464A and he was supposed to be 2464B BUT the PO did not actually recognize the fact that there WAS an A and B, sometimes we got his mail and sometimes he got ours.
    Our mail carrier if they had something for him and it needed to be signed for and he wasn't home would pull on up into our yard blow the horn and ask us to sign for it!
    THEN it became OUR responsibility to give it to him, we could have refused but never seen the sense in being mean to the mail carrier so we always took it and then placed it in his screen, BUT we could have been untrust worthy and kept something all we would have had to have done was sign his name and then it would have shown delievered and signed for!
    People put WAY to much trust in the PO system is all I am saying....
    We also had a situation with our carrier putting our mail in the WRONG box on a completely differnt road then ours.
    We were 2464 well so was this other person, BUT they were on Sylvan DR, the carrier only looked at the numbers NOT the actual road, one time I got this ladies SS check. It was on a Friday, I KNEW if I put it back in the mail box she wouldn't get it until the following Monday so instead of putting it back in the box I drove it over there myself.
    Explained to her that I had gotten it in my box by mistake, she said OH, YOU are 2464 blah, blah rd, I said yes, she said oh, well I have a stack of your mail in here too, let me go get it.
    She came back outside with a LOT of my mail, although mine was JUNK mail and mine didn't matter. I was totally floored that the carrier would mess up so much that he put someone's SS check in my box. I mean THIS is someone's bill or medicine money!
    See, now you understand why I don't put a lot of stock in the Postal system.
    HOWEVER, all this being said, the system works GREAT when it works right and I LOVE being able to participate in trading and receiving 'gifts' so I will trust as much as I can that what I mail off WILL get to it's correct destination...
    OH, and about the carrier that screwed up the SS check delievery, I and SHE complained and the PO he worked out of didn't even care! They just say well, if you get something for the wrong box just mark it and put it back in the mail, we wil correct it! and I thought OH GEEZE!

Ok, finished rambling now...

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Nik & Vic~ That's horrible about your packages! It isn't so much the incompetence of the system as it is the entire situation, I think. We all know how much time & effort (not to mention $$) goes into packaging a box for a trade, whether an RR or a private one. So when your package goes missing....it's a combination of frustration, disappointment, and... well, honestly wanting to wring someone's neck. :O)
    And it's not like Ebay, where you can just refund someone's money.

I have only had a few packages that arrived smashed beyond recognition, and oddly enough....those arrived on time! I have had one that arrived 2 weeks AFTER the lady sent it. Priority. So that's frustrating as well, for everyone involved.

I think FEDEX is just as bad as the USPS. I know I will VERY often receive packages for my neighbor, and they don't make me sign or even answer the door.....they'll just drop them off in the carport. And it's not until I realize..."Hey, what's that box there??" And read the name on it, what they've done. It's taken me days to find something they've just thrown in there.
    And it's a darn good thing we are good friends with our neighbors, else they'd be worried when Fedex makes that mistake. They've had some very expensive things left in our carport, and I really shudder to think if the Fedex guy had left them at anyone else's house.
    You're very right, Fran....you can never know if your neighbor's are honest...or will keep something of yours. "Finders, keepers" and all that. :O)

ANYWAY! I hope ya'lls boxes turn up. Really, I do...that just STINKS. STINKS. STINKS!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am very hopeful the missing boxes WILL find their way and I am MORE hopeful everything is fine or at least salvageable I fear they won't be though..ERRR!!!
    It is the whole situation, in my case if I had a box missing I have lovingly put together for the intended person and it was lost I would be so upset!
    Along with the it's a combination of frustration, disappointment, and wanting to wring someone's neck and the money issue too IF you made purchases for the person, it is also that all can not be replaced, along with the disappointment, the joy you had putting the box together is NOW crushed because of the disaapointment ...so therefore there is MORE frustration! A shame really, it turns into a vicious cycle UNTIL the box is found IF ever. Which in the case of it not the wonderment of WHERE it went is there for a LONG time!

It is sad when we received crushed boxes too, I understand that accidents DO happen on the road in transit BUT I think they should be more careful about throwing them around the mail rooms too! If it SAYS FRAGILE then they should handle with care, since we PAID them to do it in the first place! But we have to use these services to feed our addictions to GW so what are we going to do? hehe

How is everyone today???

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Hey everyone, I have had a real lousy weekend...to make a very looong story short, as I am a little too upset to tell it again...my husband lost his wallet this weekend...well, right AFTER he took out our Christmas money...we have had a lousy last three Christmas', and I was soo happy we actually had some money for the kids this season...HA ! not anymore....why cant people be honest ??

Soooo....we had to freeze all of our money...so I will be having to wait till Wed before I can mail to Deb. I apologize for the delay, I was wanting to mail today.

I will post again when I mail out..and I hope all is well with everyone.

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

DEB Happy Birthday MONTH DAY!!!

Hope it is a good day for you....

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OH Kym, I am so sorry that happened! I have lost my wallet with my just cashed paycheck in it before so I truly do know how sicken this is.
    I only wish someone would be honest enough to return it WITH the money still in it. I know that will not happen in these days and times. I feel for you honey, really I do.
    I am truly sorry this happened. If there was something I could do to help I surely would.

Fran

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Oh, Kym! How awful! Did ya'll find the wallet, or is it still lost? If you've found it, but it was empty....Grrrrr....I am SO upset for you! But if it's still missing, we can all say a prayer that it'll be found...with EVERYTHING still inside.
    Gosh, Kym....I wish there was something I could do to lift your spirits a bit.
    How about a hug? It's not much, and you'll have to reach REALLY far....
    I wish I could do more.

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEB!color>size>

I hope you enjoy your cake!!! :O)
    And keep in mind.......

{{gwi:1307436}}

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Melissa,
    Package him up and send him to me! LOL!

I've been doing bills for the last two hours. I'm amazed how much junk mail accumilates in two weeks and how bills can fall behind so quickly! I was totally caught up two weeks ago!

This birthday swap has been so much fun so far! ;)

I've got a yummy chicken casserole in the oven already, and the house is clean! I did 10 loads of laundry yesterday, things are finally settling down. We had a light coating of snow yesterday, the ground is totally solid, frozen. It's so chilly! The dogs run outside for two seconds and shoot back in. Winter is here!

Be back later,
    Deb

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yuck Deb, don't say the "S" word, I am NOT ready for that or winter either!
    Yummy, chicken casserole, I want some...but I am too lazy to make it...lol. Although it WOULD be really good!! I will have to think about that for a little bit before I go cook...I was thinking Italian Chicken, but the casserole would be so much easier...hehe

Bills are no fun, today was your chosen Bday day and you should have done something FUN...lol. Not bills, they are just too depressing...

Your poor doggies I understand, my chihuahua IF it snows will go to the door, look around outside from the INSIDE of the door and turn around and come back in. IF it is an emergency, she will hop out on 3 feet do her business with one foot held up and hop back inside...SILLY, CRAZY little thing! I do NOT understand the purpose of keeping one foot off the ground, but I assume SHE has some kind of logic...LOL!!!

Where is EVERYONE again???

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Hi all!
    About the missing box I sent to Deb, I called the usps customer service and after a series of automated messages and numerous redirected paths, I FINALLY spoke with a real person. He said that the package had 3 more days to make it before they would actually go look for it. I guess that is Thursday. If you haven't received it by then, I will start the search full force. I'm not letting up! I want THAT box!!!!
    Snow, bills, and good food. Sounds like a day to stay inside and get some things done. Wow! 10 loads of laundry. Mine is backed up about that much right now.
    Kym, I'm sorry that your husband's wallet is gone. (pausing to say a prayer). I prayed for the safe return of your wallet and its contents and for a very Merry Christmas!
    Vic, I hate to hear that you are going through the same thing with your package. At first, I sent everything UPS instead of using the post office. But then I had a case where it was a po box and UPS doesn't ship to PO boxes. UPS helped me once in a case where the person actually gave me the wrong zip code. When UPS put it into their computer, they caught it and we fixed it. I think I'm going to use them from now on (except for people who use PO boxes). The cost was not that much more (if any) and at least I could track it every step of the way.
    I'm off my soapbox.
    Diene, I hope your finger is feeling better. I can't even look at a garage anymore without thinking of you!
    Happy designated birthday Deb. I hope you find some time for yourself.
    Nik

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Mariann,
    Your Daughter's stained glass ornaments are beautiful! I make stained glass too! I haven't for a few years, but want to start up again. I love making suncatchers, table lamps. I have all the supplies in the attic and am making my Husband pull them out for me this weekend. I love doing crafts, and miss it. I sort of gave them up to spend more time with Mom. We were going shopping constantly, and going out to eat at least twice a week. My Mom always laughed at how much money I could spend. ;) It was basically on home things, so I always was able to say we needed it all! ;) Decorating and shopping became my hobby. Wow, I just realized how much money I'm going to save by doing stained glass (by keeping busy). Does your Daughter use a grinder? I know some do, and some don't. I learned with the grinder, so still do use it. It helps the pieces fit really well.

Two boxes arrived yesterday! One from Melissa and one from Fran!

Go get a fresh cup of tea or coffee, I'll be typing for a while! :)

Melissa's box~
    2 Fruit & Yogurt treat packages (My birds are going to love this!)
    1 Trail mix package (another yummy goodie my birds will LOVE)
    2 copper tin hooks (Bird shaped) perfect for all our keys!
    Garden tool (flat to break up soil)
    Yummy candle carrot cake!
    Camomile patio candle (I love candles)
    Cute pen! I'm addicted to pens!
    Box of white tea with lemon, love this!
    Pretty mauve fingernail polish from Avon, my PERFECT color!
    Hand gel antibacterial (perfect size for my purse)
    pink berry lipgloss
    Seeds- Bellis Red tips
    Convolvulus ensign
    gaillardia
    digitalis purpurea
    Mini scrapbook kit
    Banana muffin wax melt Old Virginia candle co. SMELLS SO GOOD!

Melissa,
    Thank you so much for such a nice box! I loved everything!

Fran's box~
    16 month '09 calendar (flowers, very pretty)
    Jolly ranchers candy bag- yum!
    Lipton herbal lemon tea (love this)
    Holiday spice candle, pretty clear glass votive (smells good)
    2 candles, spiced pumpkin, cranberry citrus, smells so good too, with a clear glass votive!
    Garden flag (I love changing mine all the time)
    Tea gift set (yellow) reminds me of a beehive (cup & sugar container, tea bag!)
    Taro bulb

Seeds- Black krim tomato, Cherokee purple!
    Glass blue ceramic pot (perfect for violets) ;)

plant starts-
    Colocasia Fontenesii
    Split leaf philo
    Philo brasil
    Elephant ear Illustris

Thank you so much, Fran! I loved EVERYTHING you sent! I have the candles lit already! My house smells so good! I'm planting the plants today, I gave them a good overnight soak.

Giant hugs for both boxes, actually all boxes so far! This really is so much fun!

Deb

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Now see why I said it was something you sort of 'ask for'? The herbal lemon tea to help you 'relax' one time you posted you needed something relaxing. What is more perfect the Herbal tea? (besides a box of Calgon, and I just don't think I could have stuffed anything else in there...LOL)

I am glad you are pleased. NOW if we can just get Nik's box there...ERRRRR!

I want to learn how to make stained glass too! It is so pretty...I am going to beg SO to let me take a class or two next year maybe...

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

vic_zn5/Vic(MT)(working on it? hehe)
    ncgardengirl/Fran (SENT/Received)
    flwers4ever/Kym (R.I.)(waiting)
    nikkineels/nikki---(Sent/missingERRRR)
    diene/diene---(Sent/received)
    galium/Mariann----(Sent/received)
    wynative/Marie (WY)(Will be sending soon?)
    hazelnutbunny/Melissa (sent/received)

Ok, We have done well, I think. Just a few more boxes to go this month. I hope Deb is enjoying her month. I have enjoyed hearing about what everyone has sent...and so far I think everyone has done super...We are off to a super start...
    Thanks everyone, you are all making this fun and easy!

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Everyone really has done an outstanding job at "Packing the perfect box for me" THANK YOU ALL so much!

Ahh tea, I haven't had much time to drink any, actually I just pass out in bed without ANYTHING extra! And have a hard time waking up when the alarm goes off! I do plan on taking it more easy though. Life's too short to not enjoy it! Did I mention I'm reorganizing my kitchen next week? Hmm, where's that tea? LOL!

Deb

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

thanks everyone for letting me vent..havent felt too chatty...but the money is gone...wallet was found empty. I KNOW Christmas isnt about money and gifts...just the last few have been bad for my kids..and they are getting older.

Anywho...I am working on Deb box..and as soon as I can get back into my bank account...it will be mailed. I cant wait to hear what she thinks of my fav thing in the box..I love it soo much I almost got one too...LOL

Bunny thanks for the hug, I sure needed it..and Fran thanks so much for the email..and to you ALL for listening and caring.

Ill check in again soon...SOOO, what will you be doing for Thanksgiving ??? What are your Traditions ??

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kym, don't you worry. You can cry on our shoulders any day! We understand, been there.
    Were his license and things like that still in the wallet? That is important too. Things will work out, have hope!

That is all we can have, Hope and Faith. Don't frett.

Umm, I have decided I am NOT having Thanksgiving. My children are not coming home and I don't see the point. I am just fixing box stuffing, a super fast gravy, rice and a turkey breast and that is it... I told SO HE was taking me out to dinner, BUT the money didn't come in for extras this month so I am still cooking SOMETHING dang it! ERRR....

Deb, life is too short. WE ALL need me time, time to sit back and enjoy what we have. Make the most of everything everyday. So many of us don't.
    At least you do light the candle you have, that is something nice for yourself!

Ok, I am STILL not ready for all this cold air....I don't like it...and I don't want it...lol.

Bunny girl where are you?

Mariann you must be working.

Vic too, ahh, we miss you!

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Here I am! :O)
    I'm just being lazy, and not posting as much as I usually do. There are some that would sigh a sigh of relief, I'm sure! LOL

I'm like you, Fran....I am NOT ready for this cold weather! ACK! My skin is itchy & dry, my toes are numb, all my plants are dead....and the leather seats in the suburban are COOOOOLLLDDDD!!! The passenger side has the seat warmer, but wouldn't ya know it...the DRIVER'S side quit working last winter! *..gripe, mumble, complain...* Not to mention, the thing is NOT wind proof. It's like driving a sieve, there is so much wind coming in, the heater is only so-so effective. The kiddos have blankets in the back to cover up in! LOL
    Makes going grocery shopping SOOOO much fun.
    NOT!color>

Seriously, I am just happy it RUNS. Last winter, it was broken down and we were without a vehicle. So I'm thankful for the sieve, and I'll be thankful for my cold buns when I"m driving the groceries home, instead of walking them home. :O)

Although.....I"d MUCH MUCH rather have a horse. Wow, I miss ours. Our donkey (Preacher) died last winter, and we had to sell our paint (Pacer). It's just not home without a couple of horses running around. I cannot honestly remember a time in my life that I HAVEN'T had horses. I feel like I'm missing an arm or something.
    It's so much more fun driving a horse & buggy than a suv. :O)

• wynative
    15 years ago

Hello!
    I have been MIA due to being laid off and not having access to a computer daily :( but my sister lets me use her's when I am not job hunting, cleaning house & getting stuff ready for the craft fair the 29th. I have 10 lap/crib size quilts ready & some little clay ornament's - keeping my fingers crossed that they will be irresistible and all sell! LOL I also made my youngest sister an applique tea pot lap quilt for her birthday - my first one & I think it turned out great despite not getting along with my sewing machine! FYI - if anyone wants to see pictures just ask (wink, wink)

Deb - I still haven't got your gift box out but plan to either Friday or Monday. This way you will have something to look forward to besides the end of month junk mail & bills. hehehe

Melissa - How are you and baby feeling? Wow, time has went by so quickly - can't wait to hear all of her details :) I am sure you are ready also & with all the extra help you will have, it will be lots of fun :)

Mariann - your daughter is very talented. My favorite is the hummingbird - great color's. Although I do like the snow flake one also.

Fran - You mentioned the Dec. Santa swap... Help me remember what we are to do again???? Ya, I know I am off kilter this month but I have a good excuse... STRESS!!

Kym - I hope you got your wallet issues worked out! That is the worst feeling - when my daughter was 2, I was taking her to the doctor at 4:30am for an out patient procedure. I stopped at a Mini Mart for a soda (using the change in my coat pocket, leaving my daughter sleeping in the car, RIGHT in front of the door to the MM. I had went to the bank the day before and got enough cash out to pay the hospital (no insurance and they didn't except personal checks). After she was taken in, I went to the office to pay and you guessed it, I didn't have my purse! I looked EVERYWHERE - someone had taken it out of my car at MM. It was over a year later when I was called by the DMV to say that someone in KS had found my CDL while cleaning up the side of the roads. I lost over $2000, all of my son & daughters baby pictures, shot records, SS cards.... The worst part is that it is so hard for women to get their SS cards replaced - my daughter still doesn't have enough ID to get her's replaced - you need 4 different forms. grrrr

The weather has been soooooo nice here lately! The high was 73 today :) I got all my tree's and bulbs watered. Then on my way to town I heard that the snow is to start tonight and last through at least Friday. My niece lives in SD and a couple weeks ago she received 3 1/2 feet over night! They had to climb out the living room window to dig it away from the door.... Crazy but I am thinking that is what will happen to us as the weather has been so weird lately.

Have a great evening!
    Marie

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Marie, you should have received your Secret Santa person you are sending too.
    All you have to do is put together items you would think this person will like based on her information and then include a nice Christmas ornament, either homemade or store purchased, your choice....
    Alright? We must have then sent I believe we all agreed on Dec. 15 and this is it!
    I want to see pics!!! I want to see if those little clay ornaments are like the ones I saw on another site. Someone here on GW had made veggie tags out of clay, was that you too?
    Those clay veggie tags were so cute, does anyone else remember seeing those if it wasn't Marie who made them??? If so, did you find out who and how they were made?
    Marie, I sure hope you can find a job...it sucks so much being jobless.
    Don't let yourself get overly stressed, I KNOW that isn't easy BUT it doesn't do any good to get stressed out either. It just makes your immune system get low!

I have been looking but I am selective about where I can work. Not in a C-store, I CAN NOT stand the cold to stay in the coolers to fill them back up.

Oh my goodness, 3.5 feet of snow....OH NO...I would FREEZE, absolutely freeze!...BRRRR, I get a chill up my spine just thinking about cold weather!

Bunny, glad everything is ok with you. I got more stamps today and I will be sending out your present. Tomorrow, I hope, I am sure I can get it in a envy I have. IF I can't I will have to wait until I can get something else to put it in...but it WILL get there ;)!

Deb, how are things with you today?

Nikki honey, how r u?

Kym, I hope you still feel up to checking in. Chin up dear, hang in there.

How is everyone else so far this week?

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Bunny, The EXACT same thing happened to my heated seats on my suburban. I got it used but I wanted it just for those heated seats. The driver seat messed up last winter, too. My husband said, "Well the passenger seat still works." Such a man, how in the world am I supposed to warm my buns on the passenger seat?!?!?
    I'm not complaining though with all the crap going on with some folks right now.
    Deb, I'm still praying for you and your family. Tomorrow's the day that if your box still hasn't arrived, they will let me file a request for a search or something. Know that even if I can't find it, you will get a birthday box from me either way. I hope you are doing fine.
    AWE Kym, I was hoping the money would show up too. Still praying for a blessing for your kids this Christmas.
    Marie, I am SO Sorry to hear that you are among the long list of people I've heard of losing their jobs in the past few weeks. This economy stinks! I'd love to see those crafts! chanting...Pics! Pics!
    Hey Vic, did you ever find your missing package?
    Hope everyone is having a great week! Nik

• intelkid
    15 years ago

~-H*A*P*P*Y...B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y-~

Nov 4th was mine right on election day!

Take care everyone. :)

-David

• wynative
    15 years ago

Yippy! someone ask to see my quilts. I haven't taken pic's of the clay stuff yet but I will and post next time I am on here.

Blue Jean Teddy
    {{gwi:1307437}}

Light House - I love the backing on this one!
    {{gwi:1307438}}

Cubby Pony's - I do not like the store bought satin binding at all that I put on!! YUCKY!! Tonight I am taking it off and making some light blue cotton binding for it.
    {{gwi:1307439}}

Wild Animals -This is just a panel that I found in my stash and thought was cute - it has a grey fleece backing and light green satin binding.
    {{gwi:1307440}}

This is a lap quilt for my baby sisters Birthday in Dec. -I hand pieced and appliqued all the tea pots on. I think it turned out pretty good for my first attempt at applique and all the arguments that I had with my machine for not doing what I was thinking instead of where I was guiding it.....
    {{gwi:1307441}}

Fran - thanks I got my partner :)

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Marie~ Those are GORGEOUS! I love the teapot one. I haven't been able to make a quilt in about a year...I really miss sewing. I haven't ever gotten the courage to try applique...it always looks SO complicated.....but maybe sometime....when I actually HAVE time. :O)
    Yours are very pretty! I hope you have TONS of good luck with them. You deserve it!!

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh Marie,
    I like the lighthouse and the animals, but I am with Bunny on the teapot one, it is just too adorable! I absolutely love that one!
    Where did you find the pattern for those teapots???

We will be waiting on the ornaments!!! :)

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Marie,
    Your quilts are beautiful! Wow, I'm impressed!

Nik,
    No package yet. I checked the DC# it's still in Georgia. This makes you rethink about using priority. ;)

Better make this short, I'm really tired. I'm meeting with a lawyer tomorrow. One thing my Mom didn't do was put me or my Sister on the house title.

Deb

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey Girls!!!
    I would ask how everyone is but..... gosh, bad luck seems to be looming every where these days.

Deb,
    I will have your box on the way Monday! I went shopping last weekend and just didn't find anything I liked for you, my favorite store was closed so I didn't get to go there yet : (
    How are you doing? I hope things are calming down a bit for you.
    Sounds like some very nice boxes you've gotten!

Kym,
    That is terrible about the wallet! I know what you mean about Christmas not being about the gifts, but with little ones..... I'm so sorry about that, there just aren't many honest people in the world these days!

Marie!
    Nice to here from you! I'm sorry you got laid off, do you know how long it will be for? I know all too well what the stress level is when looking for a job these days! Have a beer, relax, and try to think happy thoughts! I hope you find something soon.
    Those quilts are adorable! I like the yellow trim on the one, maybe it just looks better on photo? I think it's cute! They all are!

Nik,
    Yes, it finally showed up! I haven't heard back from her as to the condition of it yet though.

Fran,
    How's your SO doing on the smoking?
    I'm glad you clarified the SS box, I thought it was just an ornament exchange! I guess I missed something along the way LOL

Mariann,
    How's your DD's kiosk going? Did they get the CC machine hooked up? I hope she is selling lots!

Diene,
    How is your finger? Now after Nik's comment, I look at my garage and think "what the h--- did she do???" LOL

Bunny,
    How's the baby? I know what you mean about blankets in the back seat! The van doesn't have the greatest of heat and the back is coooold, so Zack has a blanket too! LOL

Now that I found a job, Jamie's work is slowing down! He has about 1 or 2 weeks left and then I don't know what we are going to do *sigh*

Well, I'm going to go check a couple more threads before I've gotta get Zack ready for bed : )

Night!
    Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone,

Nikki, did you get a search party on that box yesterday? I am sorry it is lost. I know you are so disappointed. I am sure they will find it. Hopefully the live thing with be in a dormate state when they do. I have had them to do that once or twice, plants that is.

Vic, let us know when you ship...np. This way Deb has had something to look forward to and the celebration not over by the 17th!

Gosh, it didn't even get out of the 40's here today...BRRR, there was snow in the mountains and even a few flurries in Raleigh and on the coast.
    We are on the NC/SC state line so we usually don't get any here. Sometimes if it comes up from the south we will but if it comes over the mountains it misses us.
    Not that I am complaining..OH NO...I am glad we don't get that much, although this year we need more snow because of the drought the last few years. BUT I still don't have to like what we do get :)...

Vic, glad to see you dropped by dear, don't be a stranger...hehe. We MISS you!

• galium
    15 years ago

My apologies for being MIA-I really need to go back and read all the posts. I'm only part way thought.

The hummingbird stained glass ornament is mine...My DD made it for me for my birthday last year. It is strung with heavy duty fishing twine.

Things have been slow at my DD's kiosk. As a matter of fact the entire mall is slow. She finally got her Credit Card machine on Thursday. YEAH!!!

Deb-I remember you saying that you did Stained Glass work. My DD does use a grinder. She has been so busy that she taught her DH how to do the grinding. He's been a great help to her. You certainly are getting some great boxes!

Nikki-Sorry your box is lost!. I'm sure it will turn up. I mailed seeds for a swap a few years ago and it took 5 months to get there. Sometimes the boxes get miss routed too. My mailman knows me so I don't think he'd drop a box off at my neighbors.LOL

Marie-I love your quilts! Especially the one with the tea pots on it. You are very creative. I bought a quilting book years ago but never made one. Do you ever sell them?

Fran-It's been chilly here too. Down in the 20's at night and 40's during the day.

I did see a Gastroenterologist on Thursday. He wasn't to happy that the ER Dr. let me go home. Apparently I had a small bowel obstruction which eventually righted itself. It's because I've had 2 surgeries on my abdomen which can cause adhesions. He said it may never happen again or it can happen any time. So I have to go through a battery of nasty testing. Anyway, whenever I get a twinge in my abdomen I freak out!LOL

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    I'm posting my DD's web site-Hope I didn't do that already.
    Mariann

Here is a link that might be useful: The Craft

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

I just wanted to poke my head in, and say Hi, and to let Deb Know her box will be mailed on Monday...and I cant wait to see what she thinks..we finally got our bank account squared away, and still working on a few other things...

I just LOVE those quilts...SOooo pretty !! I have always wanted to learn how to make them..I did a sampler in school.

I hope everyone is doing better, havent seen Diene in a bit..

Thanks again for the support...and kind words...I am still a little upset, but I know I cant change what happened..life does keep going, and money isnt everything. Ive lived long enough with out it..LOL

Bunny, when is your due date ? If you dont mind me asking ? and I hope Hubby will come and let us know when the baby arrives..and I just cant wait to see a picture ! I hope you have an easy delivery..and all !

I promise to be more chatty once I get my seed swap done..Fran knows where I have been..lost in emails..LOL

Hugs to you all,

Kym

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

WOW Mariann - what a website (very professional). I wasn't picturing such a huge kiosk! I hope the sells pick up. I know it is a hard Christmas for everybody. I know we are cutting back this year.
    Kym, I know you've been busy with the other swap. Wow! It just keeps growing. I'm waiting for the deadline date to see if I can fill some more wishes.
    Advice needed: For the SS swap, I'm wrapping the seeds (just one trade each so I can send to lots of people). If I wrap the seeds in little bubble envy packages and then place in a regular sized Christmas card/envelope, how many stamps will each one require? I'd love to be able to get them all stamped and ready except for the addresses.
    Fran, I did finally get the search started for Deb's box today. I have a separate confirmation for that: CO40749348. I don't know if I'll be able to check online for updates on that or not but the po is supposed to call me by the end of workday Monday. I'm trying -- AGGHH!
    Deb, How's it going with your mom's house? I remember trying to clean out my grandfather's house. We were in such a fog that later I wished we had waited. Don't rush it if you can help it. You may remember something you wanted to find, when things calm down.
    Glad to hear you found a job Vic. That's no small accomplishment in this economy. Yahoo!
    Marie, those quilts are so pretty. I am talentless when it comes to sewing. Wierd thing is, my mom and grandmother both love(d) sewing. I guess I just didn't get that gene. Anyway, yours are awesome!
    Bunny, how are you feeling? Anymore nesting stories?
    Have a great weekend everybody! Nik

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Mariann~color> I just looked at your daughter's website! WOW! The lily is GORGEOUS!!! I love the colors on that one. It's beautiful! I can just imagine the sunlight pouring through it.....wow. :O) I hope business picks up for her. The slow sales certainly don't reflect on the quality of her work. She's VERY talented!!

Vic~ color>The same for you, I hope work picks up for your hubby! The job market really stinks right now. It seems like everyone I know is getting laid off or fired. My FIL lost his job of 15+ years, and FINALLY, after MUCH searching, found a job at a fast food resturant. He's tickled to death over it, and making the most of it. He says it'll be a fun change. Now, THAT'S the right attitude. :O)

Marie~color> I hope you find work soon, too. I am so sad for everyone that has gotten laid off during this time of year, especially. I just wish I had a magic wand. I'd make every thing better. :O)

Nik & Deb~color> They STILL haven't found that box??? Good grief. I'd be kicking some booty and taking some names by now. I mean, honestly....HOW do you lose a box?? Did it miss the truck when they threw it, and land in a dark corner somewhere? LOL
    *sigh*
    Seriously...I really feel sorry for ya'll about that. It's disappointing, DOG GONE IT. Grrr.

Kym~color> I'm glad to hear that you're getting everything settled down a bit. I hope things start looking up for you soon. I know it's not necessarily the $$ or the lack of gifts for Christmas....it's really about the lack of honest people in the world today. THAT'S what makes us all so upset, I think.
    Especially THIS time of year, you'd think it would make the good in people come through.
    But then, I suppose...with this economy, and with everyone out of a job...it would make it REALLY very difficult for someone to pass up what they see as "free money". Not condoning it, but I am saying I might see the temptation for some people. Especially if they have children to feed.
    Of course....there are just crooked, nasty, dishonest people in the world that wouldn't even think twice about taking things....
    (sorry, I'll quit rambling now...lol)

Okie Doke. Things are going OK here. But I'm not getting any rest lately. I've been up several nights this week with *false* contractions. Wow, do they HURT for false ones! I've always thought the false ones were worse than the real ones. Anyway, so I'm running on little to no sleep, and I REALLY hope that changes before I go into labor for real. I would like to be rested up a bit. Just a bit. I'll even settle for 4-6 hours of uninteruppted sleep. I don't need much! LOL

The due date is Nov 28th.color> So, just one week to go. But, knowing me....I'll carry well into December. I always go a week or 2 late.
    *sigh*

• wynative
    15 years ago

Thanks ladies for all the praise :) here are a few of the clay ornaments:

{{gwi:1307442}}

{{gwi:1307443}}

{{gwi:1307444}}
    The Kitty's and Puppies can be for People or Pets LOL

{{gwi:1307445}}

{{gwi:1307446}}
    These I will personalize when purchased

And I really think turned out cute! Pins for Breast Cancer awareness:
    {{gwi:1307447}}
    There is light pink around the 'cups' to look like lace but it doesn't show up here. The 'ribbon' is also pink.

Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Awww! The kitties! The kitties!! Those are ADORABLE!! :O) I love the little bras, too! How original! (my daughter is looking over my shoulder, and she just went nuts over the kitties & snowmen! Now she wants one like HER kitty!! LOL)

Wow, Marie! You are TALENTED!!! Those are so awesome! :O)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow Marie,
    I like the animals (puppies best) and breast cancer ones. Those are just too cute!
    I like them all but the others are adorable!
    I like the snowmen above the 'support' ones! How neat!
    Great job!
    Thanks again for sharing.
    Um, how did you come up with the teapot patterns for the quilt?

How is everyone's weekend so far?

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Mariann, that is a great web site! She should set up a site and sell them online too!

Marie, same for you! Those are adorable, the cups on the breast cancer awareness ones look just my size! ROFL
    I love the 4 little snowmen, and the others too, you are really talented!

Kym, I'm glad to hear from you! I hope you are chearing up a bit, and like bunny said, maybe it was someone that was really desperate and had to feed their kids. That's about the best we could hope for. BTW, how old are your kids? I don't think I've seen that yet.

If anyone sees or hears of some good deals on the games for leap frog L-max please let me know, I just bought Zack an L-max on ebay, it's used and was a great price, but doesn't have any games with it. I guess I should have priced those first *sigh*

This will probably be the first year I don't go shopping on Black Friday! I've always went for years but we have got to cut corners. We are only getting gifts for Zack so that will make it easier, of course Zack and I have pretty much ONE conversation these days....
    Him "Mom, I want that!"
    Me "Ask Santa"
    LOL! It's just amazing how many new toys come out this time of year! I would like to smack those toy makers! LOL

Well, off to go check the other threads!

OH, Nik, if your envie is under 1 oz. it is 42, then it goes up for every oz, but you would have to check at usps.com for that, I can't remember the prices : )

Vic

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well, I just got Vic good. I found her on ebay and wouldn't tell her WHO I was and made her guess. By golly she got it right too, first try! Ain't SHE a smart cookie?
    Well played Ms. Vic! Now who's a smarty? HEHE

Vic you asked me how SO was doing on the smoking he has not had an actual cig. since Nov 12. BUT he is using the Nicorette gum. I hope he can really quit this time.
    This is the longest I have known him to go without one, and NOT breaking down and getting one.
    We also found out yesterday at a follow up visit to his reg. Doc. that he DID in fact have a mild heart attack.
    She said they where not SURE WHEN it happened but it shows up that it did.
    Well WE know for a FACT that is the day (Nov. 12) it happened because he had never experienced anything like the pain before and he also hurt in his chest for almost a week afterwards.
    He had just had some test a few months before to look to see what if anything build up was there and at that time there were so signs of a heart attack. So YES the 12th IS when it happened. I am just glad is wasn't severe and he made it home from where he was and we were able to get him to the hospital.
    So, yes I was sort of freaking after we heard the news and still am a little, I haven't been able to sit down an calmly talk to him about our future and what he needs to do now to take care of himself and make sure it doesn't happen again.
    However, when I think I can talk without breaking down we will be discussing some options, and what-if's in case there is a next time. WHICH I HOPE there isn't, but we do have to talk about it at any rate.

ANYWAY, Bunny, I still haven't gotten my act together... I promise I will. It maybe a little late, but I will get your 'prize' out to you. I feel like such a slacker! I'm sorry.

Kym has her hands full with all her Secret Santa swap stuff, but I can tell you her kids ages are girl 16 and boy 14! I have insight...hehe, actually I have her questionnaire...HEHE, that is cheating now ain't it?

Ok, ladies I will tell you. I will be posting a game in the next week or maybe 2. When I decide what the prize will be and then I will post something. I have to decide what the prize will be before hand and then I have to decide what I want the game to be! Something hard or something that can be found online!

Well, I am either going to turn in or go play a game, it depends on how heavy my eyelids get in the next 30 min. or so.

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ok SOOOOO WHERE THE HECK IS EVERYBODY AGAIN????

What is up people? How was your weekend?

This one has been too chilly to get out and do anything. Couldn't even go play with the doggies.

SO found a 1/2 frozen bird today. She had fallen in my rain barrel, managed to get out somehow and one side of her body was frozen. He picked her up and placed her on the dash of the truck where the sun was warmest. In a little bit she had thawed out and was able to fly again. He let her go and she flew off...
    Wasn't that tweet? HEHE, nope couldn't resist that one....haha!

:)Fran

• nikkineel
    15 years ago

Awe Fran, that bird story is so sweet:) It was warm enough here for me to put a few bulbs in the ground. I still have a brown paper bag about half full that need to go in the ground. I really overdid it this year with bulbs but what a beautiful spring it will be! My sister has an "incurable" autoimmune disease so she is on lots of meds. Once a month she gets a "drip" that replaces her immune cells somehow. Anyway, I always go and sit with her during her drip. Lately I've been bringing a bag or two of bulbs and planting them for her. It has become a tradition and labor of love. I'm as excited about her spring surprises as I am my own. I think I'm going to continue the fun with wintersowing - plant her some seeds each time and plants when they are ready to transplant.

Anywho, I emailed you Marie. Did you get it? I'd love to have some of those support ornaments. My sister in law is a breast cancer survivor - currently battling colon cancer for the second time. She's kicking butt and taking names!!!

I've been busy getting my package ready for our December swap. I've also been getting my little secret santa cards ready for Kym's ss seed swap. Wow - I have had more fun doing that one! I don't have a lot of seeds but I'm "sharing" some of my trades and commercial packs. Did I say I had the best time getting them together?!?!? Love it!

It sure has been quiet lately. I hope everyone is doing ok. Diene, how's your hand?

I'm off this week so you'll all probably be hearing from me:) Nik

• Debra Andruska
    15 years ago

Marie,
    I love doing crafts too! Nice job!
    I went to Michaels the other day and enjoyed looking around at all the new 'craft' things to try. I've done soaps, stained glass, gallery glass (fake, pourable plastic material that dries to look like glass, even has fake solder) suncatchers.
    I miss making porcelain dolls, but can't imagine even going into that again. I spent so many hours pouring porcelain, cleaning the greenware, kiln firing, scrubbing the rough porcelain, china painting several times (for each face) assembling bodies (after pouring, baking, srubbing each piece) adding eyes, wigs, lashes, sewing clothes!
    It kept me so busy, that I didn't even have much of a life! In between doll shows, and selling my creations/Dolls in Hallmark (a local store), plus selling on the side (custom orders), giving doll classes 4 times a week, selling supplies, nothing short of having two full time jobs. Sometimes I would just sit and stare at the calender and wonder how on earth I was going to accomplish it all! I had craft/doll shows lined up for every weekend, even when it wasn't a holiday. I would manage to find some craft, holiday, or mall show.

Oh well, better run and do more laundry! It's raining here lightly, and turning so chilly. Snow showers are expected today and tonight. It was snowing lightly when I took my Daughter to school this morning, BRRR!

Deb

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow Deb, I am impressed. That is a LOT to do for a hobby, good thing you enjoyed it! At least I HOPE you did, that is too much time and work to not have!!!

Hello all, how is everthing with everyone?

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

I would like to "first" thank the "SANTA" that came to my house today..I didnt post about my hubby wallet, for you to do that, I just soo needed to vent...but THANKS ! It is muchly appreciated !! (((HUGS)))))

Also, DEB....your box is on the way..and I truly hope you like everything...each item was picked out with a lot of thought..I truly beleive we will all be best buds come the end of the season...this is just SOO much fun !!

I hope each of you will think about Joining the Secret Santa swap..today is the last day to join..and I cant get over how generous everyone is... ( Fran, I hope it is ok to post that...)

Nikki...the postage is going to depend on how you package..take one ready to go to the PO, and have them tell you...they never give me the same answer..so I dont want to tell ya wrong.

Yes, my kids are 14 and 16...but they were cheated out of Christmas, or much of one, the last 3 years...so I was soo excited to know they would have a nice one this season. Again, I know it isnt about the money, but as a parent it is hard not to make each Holiday special.

I dont want to go into a long sob story...but fran said she didnt know, and I usually dont talk much about it...but I was in a car accident 3 years ago...and I am in bed all but about 2-3 hours total a day. Im NOT saying this to get sympathy...I am blessed to have what I do...I just wanted to explain why I feel so bad about the season..my kids have given up a lot the last 3 years.

OK, enough of that.....again, thanks to you SANTA..it was very kind !

I hope everyone is doing well...We are baking a PAul Deen pie today, looking forward to trying it...it is called

"apple butter pumkin pie"...and just sounds sooo good.

I use to do a ton of crafts...and I just love seeing what everyone is making ! Is the Broncos Ornament still available ? Id love to buy it if so...

Fran, the bird story was really "tweet"....I love to rescue animals, we had a baby squirrel for a year...he was just the cutest thing...

I wish you ALL a very Happy Thanksgiving...I am thankful for a lot...esp all the great friends I have made here.

Hugs

Kym

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sure Kym promote the Secret Santa ALL you want :)! I posted it in the Carolina Exchange Forum, I hope some joined due to that.

No, I didn't know about the accident and I do appreciate you talking about it. It helps us get to know each other by sharing about ourselves. Not looking at it as a "sympathy" thing either. I think it shows just how STRONG of a woman you are! It takes courage and guts to try to overcome. And I think YOU do it EVERYDAY, as much as possible!

Kym, no-one thought you were trying to get anything from posting about your hubby's wallet, it isn't about the money, no...it is about the kids and people helping people...and helping out people who 'TRULY' deserve help.
    Don't ever think a gift is a hand-out or sympathy. It is what it is. A gift.
    I am sure "Santa" whomever that was is just thankful to have the opportunity to help someone who does deserve helping!
    I would like to say thank you to whomever the 'Santa' was as well, what a good thing it was. May you heart be fullier and filled with much love and joy this Holiday Season!

See Kym, there are STILL good people out there, Hope and Faith. Those are what gets us by!

I would like to say to each and everyone of you, may your Holiday Season be Blessed and filled with lots of love and laughter, but most of all understanding. Remember to be greatful for what you have and the time you have had with loved ones those who are still with us and those who have past on, this is what truly matters.

Thanksgiving is just a few days away, may you all feel blessed, and NOT RUSHED or overwhelmed.

This is what the true spirit of the Holidays intell.

• wynative
    15 years ago

Vic - Him "Mom, I want that!" Me "Ask Santa" hehehe
    I know what you mean - even at 14 & 23 they still do that LOL

Deb - WOW! you were busy! A friend makes the 'rebirth' babies (I have several LOL) but she doesn't have children or a paying job. Boy I don't know how you could do it all, work and be a Mom. I am tired just thinking about it!

Nikki - Thanks so much!!

Melisa - The first kitty's I did were for my sister - she run's a kitten/cat rescue and has 17 right now with 9 of them being under 3 months old!! Good thing she has a 3 story/5 bedroom home - it is CRAZY there! The doggy ones are styled after our dogs, although the black & white one should have been chunkier.... My Border Collie weights in at a hefty 82 pounds!! Thank goodness we got in a new shipment of calves for her to train & work, cause she needs the exersize!

I talked to a friend in town this morning and there is a new western type feed store opening about 30 miles away. Good pay and benefits - so I am going over Friday to check it out. I wish I could figure out a way to just stay home - it has been so nice - I don't even get dressed until my daughter gets on the bus & the breakfast dishes are done these days LOL although I am still waking up a 5:00 but that is to be expected after having to get up at that time for so long...

If I don't make it back -
    HAPPY TURKEY EVERYONE!
    {{gwi:1307448}}
    Marie

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Well, Mama Fran caught me over on the chocolate swap thread, so I figured I'd better post over here, too....LOL :O)
    (can ya'll blame me though?? I mean...come on....we're talking aboutCHOCOLATE!color>)

Kym~ Glad to see you posting! I hope things are looking up for you & am thankful that Santa found your house so early! :O) There are alot of very generous & sweet people on GW. I know, because last Christmas, they helped my family out, too. We couldn't get the kids anything, and we were struggling to get by...plus my best friend/sister of 25+ years passed away, so I was feeling very down.
    Anyway....I sincerely hope that your family is able to fully enjoy the holiday season. :O) Hugs to you!!

We are sooooo busy this week!
    Hubby is swamped at work, due to the holiday & end of the month inventory. ACK! The kids are getting ready to take unit tests next week. We're headed to the inlaws (mine) for Thanksgiving, so at least I don't have to cook. Which actually depresses me, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook for Thanksgiving. Ah well. AS long as I don't pop while over there....I'd hate to be the entertainment for the holiday...I'd much rather everyone focus on the football games...LOL
    Anyway...
    Other than all those things....I guess everything is quiet here. :O)

• ncgardengirl
    Original Author
    15 years ago

And so closes this thread. I will post another to finish out Deb's last couple of boxes and the rest of the month and THEN we will start on the Christmas thread. How is that?

I hope everyone cathces up what is on this thread before and and WOOHOO, WE have ran another thread to 150!!!

We are such great talkers! HEHE

:)M Fran