Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

New: OBF - December - Sing the Bloomin Christmas Carol

sandlapper_rose
12 years ago

Our Bloomin Friends is memberhsip group of regular participants having the option to join a swap here each month. Membership is required in order to participate. If you want more information about becoming a member, contact Shirley or Carol.

Here are our garden ladies all decked out for the holidays. Are you ready for Christmas? Oh, my, it's only November... but Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we are all beginning to think of the man with the red suit and the white hair and all that has to be done between now and then!

I want to post this so you can start to sign up if you wish. Signs ups should be completed by Dec. 5th and all packages should be mailed out by Dec. 12th in the hopes they may arrive in time for Christmas! You know how mailing gets this time of the year.

So what is this about "Sing the Bloomin Christmas Carol?"

Each person who signs up will secretly select a Christmas carol upon which to base her package. Don't tell! The way we will find out the carol you chose is that you will include a note in the box that you send and after the recipient receives the package, she can post to the group about what the carol was and the items included. You will send itens that relate to the carol in some way. For example, if I selected Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, I could send things that are red, something with a reindeer design on it, etc. Remember the world of gardening - some seeds that produce red flowers would fit in nicely, too. I suggest that the contents of the package you send should not cost more than $12 and less is fine if you are inclined to make handmade items or find a great bargain on something. This is a time when everyone wants to do so much and the cash starts to run a little thin as we know. As one of the items you send you can certainly bake cookies or make candy or make an ornament if you like! You can also send seeds from your garden - think about how much they cost in the store. We really would like you to join in. Once you sign up, you can shop ahead of time for this one - just think of your Christmas carol and get started!

Between Thanksgiving and when I assign swap partners on Dec. 6th, we will play a game or two relating to Christmas carols and maybe I can post some trivia or other entertainment.

I am signing up for this one - who else? Happy Holidays and don't forget to leave some cookies for Santa.

Jeanne

Comments (89)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I drew names and here is our list of who sends to whom for this swap:

Jeanne sends to Mary Ellen (mellen)
    Mary Ellen sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)
    Faye sends to Jen (jlee160)
    Annie sends to Faye (nottougly)
    Melissa sends to Carol (veeja11)
    Michelle sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)
    Jen sends to Annie (canyonwind)
    Shirley sends to Michelle (micyrey)
    Carol sends to Shirley (brittneysgran)

If you don't have the other person's address please ask them to send it to you by e-mail.

Have fun with this and remember, you can still guess for the 12 Days of Christmas game. The last day to take a guess is Fri., Dec. 9th.

Let me know if there are any questions and remember to come back here to post when you mail and when you receive. It will be fun to see what carol was chosen and what items are sent! Thanks for joining in.

Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Yay! I get to send to my Big Sis! :) Terrific!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Faye,

Just sent you an email via GW confirming your address. I am sure this is correct but just in case it is not, let me know!

Thanks!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    12 years ago

Hey everyone! Thought I'd pop in and wish you all an early
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!

I see we are signing up for next year already too...

Jan.
    Feb. hazelnutbunny
    Mar.
    Apr.
    May mellen
    June brittneysgran
    July
    Aug.
    Sept.
    Oct. flowergirl34
    Nov.
    Dec.

Always did love October :0)

Talk to you soon!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Ok, one more shot...and then I surrender to Mellen & Shirley. Lol!

1 geranium
    2 christmas cactus
    3 rose
    4 poinsettia
    5 holly
    6 mistletoe
    7 bell flower
    8 daylily
    9 amaranthus
    10 coral bells
    11 snowdrops
    12 chrysanthemum

• veeja11
    12 years ago

been a long time since I sent to you please send me your addy Shirley. Thankyou jeanne for doing the signup sheet I will glady do my regular christmas in july. hugs to all my bloomin friends

• mellen
    12 years ago

COOL! I send to Jeanne, our WONderful hostess! I WILL get this one out sooner that last month. :)
    Love you all,
    ME

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    I will host a swap in april, if that is ok.
    miss bunny you have 6 childeren Right?
    how many boys and how many girls?
    shirly let me know if you need my address, bunny I have yours.

michelle

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Michelle~ I have 7 and #8 will be here in March. The family just keeps getting bigger! :)
    Bunny kinda fits, dontcha think? LoL!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Oh, and there are 3 boys and 4 girls. The new baby is also supposed to be a girl.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Melisaa,
    On your most recent guess, you have two of the flowers on my list but none in the right place. I guess this has been a very hard game!

Here is who has signed up to be hostess for some of the months next year. Thanks for the great response... now to get someone on board for January so we can have a swap next month!

Jan.
    Feb. hazelnutbunny
    Mar.
    Apr. micyrey
    May mellen
    June brittneysgran
    July veeja11
    Aug.
    Sept.
    Oct. flowergirl34
    Nov.
    Dec.

Mary Ellen, I have your package boxed up and hope to mail it today. I hope you like what I am sending. Jen, your prize for winning the first game will also be sent out. Thanks to those who have been participating in the games. Still time to take a guess on the flower one...

Jeanne

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Thanks!

Annie-can you send me your addy please:)

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

hello
    melissa, I mailed your package and have something (I think) for everyone.
    Merry Christmas
    michelle

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Jen,

Just sent you my address via GW. If you do not receive, post here or email me and I will resend.

Thanks much!

Annie

• veeja11
    12 years ago

Shirley , I need your address badly, tried e-mailin you but didn't work send me your address asap please
    hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are the answers to my 12 Days of Christmas song:

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - poinsettias.
    On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    daffodils,
    On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    tulips.
    On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - peonies.
    On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    sunflowers.
    On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    hydrangeas,
    On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - irises.
    On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    pansies.
    On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    camellias.
    On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    magnolias.
    On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me -
    lilies
    On the. twelveth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me - roses.

Shirley and Mary Ellen both matched my list with roses being the answer to the 12th day so I will send a prize to each of you. It will go out next week. Thanks for playing and glad you each had a guess that matched my list!

We went shopping for our tree this morning so time to work on decorating - it will be a long and busy day! We took our puppy with us and everyone really liked her. We try to get her out and exposed to new things whenever we can. The Christmas tree farm took several pictures of her so I expect them to post one on their web site.

Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I received a box from Michelle today!
    The song she chose was "Let it snow".
    She included handmade scarves for everyone (wow! how did you KNOW I needed one & was going to go shopping for one next weekend?!), a great book- Lasagna Gardening, which is TERRIFIC, because our yard is an old creek bed, which means...rocks, rocks & more ROCKS! So veggie gardening is really difficult for us...can't wait to try this method!
    And she also included a bunch of different seeds, about a dozen packs! Many are for caterpillars or butterflies, and that is perfect, because my daughters love to hatch the caterpillars! :)
    Thank you for a wonderful box, Michelle! I love everything!

Carol~ your box is packed & will be heading your way on Monday!color>

• veeja11
    12 years ago

Thankyou for your address Shirley your box was mailed today hope you like it. hugs carol

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just a little updating:

Jeanne sends to Mary Ellen (mellen) - SENT
    Mary Ellen sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)
    Melissa sends to Carol (veeja11)
    Michelle sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny) - RECEIVED
    Jen sends to Annie (canyonwind)
    Carol sends to Shirley (brittneysgran) - SENT

We went to shop for our Christmas tree yesterday. I love the fresh smell of pine in the house! More decorating to do so it's time to get off the computer.

Jeanne

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Thank you Jeanne for the pretty napkins:)

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Big Sis Carol~ Your box is flying your way. DC# 9405503699300323645840

Hope you enjoy everything Lili & I picked out for you! Lili made something just for you (I helped her with the glue gun, but she put all the pieces on...you'll see what I mean!!) and she included a few presents for your fur babies, too. :)

• mellen
    12 years ago

Jeanne, your box DID arrive. Hubby was here to get it. I was at my mom's from Thursday til late last evening baking cookies with one of my sisters. I will open it shortly. I just wanted to make sure you knew it was here. Yours will go out today.
    ME

• jlee160
    12 years ago

anne- your package went out today:) email sent with dc number:)

• mellen
    12 years ago

Oh my goodness, Jeanne. I am just smiling from ear to ear after opening your song box. The song is 'Up on the Rooftop.' She sent cupcake holders with reindeer and Santa on them that are just the cutest I have ever seen. I make turtles every year for our family Christmas. I will be using these to hold a turtle for each place setting. Also, some beautiful napkins with amaryllis, greenery, and Noel printed on them. 2 stockings and inside each is a Russel Stover marshmallow snowman and raspberry cream--LOVE raspberry, especially. Jeanne, I hope you don't mind, but I will use the stockings for our new granddaughter's stocking stuffers this year. :D A book by Fern Michaels called 'Christmas at Timberwoods.' Looks great, and YES, I LOVE to read. I read almost at least 1/2 the day away every day. Plus, BEAUTIFUL binoculars decoration that has a gorgeous cardinal on one of the lenses. The gold strap has the words 'Happiness is a Garden' on it. My mom is a cardinal collector. She will be so envious when she sees this. I will be texting her a pic of it.

I am so thrilled with the thoughtfulness that you put into this. And again, thank you for hosting!

BTW, I mailed YOUR box today. DC# is in the other room. Will post if needed.
    Thanks,
    ME

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    I'm so glad you liked the package. Hopefully there was no damage to the bird and binoculars. I used bubble wrap, but I always worry about the mail especially when it gets busy like it does at this time of the year! I'll let you know when my package from you arrives.

Updated list:
    Jeanne sends to Mary Ellen (mellen) - RECEIVED
    Mary Ellen sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)- SENT
    Melissa sends to Carol (veeja11) - SENT
    Jen sends to Annie (canyonwind) - SENT
    Carol sends to Shirley (brittneysgran) - SENT

I think I caught all the postings...

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Faye,

Your Bloomin Carol package was sent yesterday (Monday).

DC# 0306 0320 0003 2778 8232

Happy Tuesday!

Annie

• jlee160
    12 years ago

So, is everyone ready for Christmas??? I am slowly getting there. I am making a few handmade things thsi year- so it is taking me longer than mormal. I also work this christmas- so I am extremely bummed about that:( Only a few more things to wrap though:)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The last two game prizes were mailed out yesterday so you should receive them soon. Thanks for playing the games and thanks to all who swapped this month. I really had fun with this theme.

As for the Christmas question, I don't think I have ever been ready until at least Christmas Eve... LOL. I mailed the last two packages that needed to be shipped out of town today so that was a relief. I always include some handmade items on my gift list - made 4 yesterday and will be completing one today. Next is wrap the remaining gifts, clean house, make a few types of Christmas cookies, and whatever. One year was I completing a quilted wall hanging so it could hang over the mantle for Christmas morning and I think I finished it at something like 11:45 p.m. So, yes, all of you who are still hard at work like Santa's elves, I totally understand.

Jeanne

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Jen,

Your package arrived yesterday but I am out of town until tomorrow or Sunday. My husband brought it in off the front porch last night...it is safe.

Thanks so much...looking forward to it!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I received my package from Mary Ellen today and it is a wonderful package! The carol she chose was Joy to the World and everything related to Joy. She even included a pot holder and an oven mit that say "Joy to the World." There is also a mug that says "Sip More Joy" and packets of hot cocoa that sound delicious - one is even Peanut Butter Cocoa and I sure never heard of that before, but it sounds wonderful. She sent some homemade candy (a kind I really love and was just thinking about the other day - I call it Rocky Road, but have no idea if that is the actual name.) She sent treats for both my cat and dog and they said "Yum!" There was also a set of coasters that say "Give a little joy" and an ornament with the word "Joy" on it. Even the card she sent says "Gifts of Joy."
    Mary Ellen, you did a tremendous job getting things that relate to the carol. Thanks so much for everything. The package made my day a whole lot brigher and yes, it was filled with joy!
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Whew....I feel like the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland....I'm late...I'm late. So busy here but I'm sure everyone is this time of year.

Anyway I received Carol's awesome box and her Christmas Carol Song was Frosty the Snowman. Carol sent a whole box full of snowman related gifts.

Snowmen Christmas socks, Kitchen towels, Pot holders.
    Frosty white- grow a guardian angel (hope to grow this today)
    Snow white Amaryllis Christmas Story. (Carol I love Amaryllis and buy all I can find when they clearance them after Christmas).
    Peppermint bark snowmen, snowmen peeps, snowmen chocolate.
    What a fantastic box Carol. Thank you so much for making this swap so much fun.

Thank you Jeanne for hosting such a fun swap as well. I also received your game prize and loved the napkins.

I will be mailing Michelle's swap package today. I made a few items and had to finish them.

Shirley

• veeja11
    12 years ago

I rexeived an awesome box from bunny, mailman left note yesterday to pick it up today. her theme was blue christmas, my fav item a handmade gingerbread ornament made by lili, love it.my tree is all ornaments given to me my family or friends. also in box Martha stewart living holliday edition, cute suet feeder with little blue roof and 2 suet cakes, blue visor hat with matching gloves, a blue dog bone and doggie toy
    Tiyli and tisha say thankyou, but zippy the turtle is sad.
    blue bell ornaments, holliday picture frame, blue address book, blue glitter body bath blue sanitary hand gel, hope I didn't miss anything such a full box I might have if so sorry, love it all thankyou lil sis you are the best, give Lili a big hug for me

• mellen
    12 years ago

Jeanne, glad you liked what I sent. It was great fun! Everyone is sending such nice themed boxes. Even ELVIS!!!
    ME

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Happy Saturday...

I am home now and can post my wonderful bloomin carol contents from Jen (jlee160)....

Jens chose "White Christmas"....specifically "I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas"......

Jen sent me....
    *a very Christmassssyyyy card
    *Tulips "Purple Dream"
    *Tulips "Dream World"
    *Chionadoxa "Giganta White"
    and............
    *Beautiful hand made Christmas cards/envelopes....5 of them...each one is unique. These are simply beautiful.

Jen, thank you so very much! I may not live in a "White Christmas" part of the world, but "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas"...............

I must add I love the movie and the song "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby....watched it the other night. And no doubt will watch it a few more times in the next few weeks.

Love all the boxes. Jeanne, thanks for hosting a very fun swap.

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You're right, ME - the boxes that are being sent are wonderful. Time to update our list:

Mary Ellen sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)- RECEIVED
    Annie sends to Faye (nottougly)- SENT
    Melissa sends to Carol (veeja11) - RECEIVED
    Jen sends to Annie (canyonwind) - RECEIVED
    Carol sends to Shirley (brittneysgran) - RECEIVED

It looks like there are 2 more packages to be sent - or at least 2 that have not be reported mailed and 1 is on its way. One week of mail delivery left to go! The post office seems to be doing great this year though - things that I have mailed have been moving along quickly.

Thanks for being such wonderful Santas to your partner.
    I'll keep watching to make sure the other packages get on their way and are received.

We are still waiting for someone to volunteer to be a hostess for January.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

More nice boxes reported...

Michelle - I did make it to the post office and your delivery confirmation # is 9505 5000 0308 1351 0003 26

Shirley

• nottougly
    12 years ago

Jen (jlee160) your box went out in todays mail. The confirmation number is 9405 5036 9930 0338 4216 99.
    I am truly sorry for the delay in mailing it. But Amazon has me working 60 hours a week and then this week I had a close family member pass away. But you will get it before Christmas and I hope you enjoy it.

I also received my Christmas Carol Box from Annie, canyonwind. Again I am sorry for the delay in the thank yous. It is hard for these bones to walk for 12 hours a night.

Annie sent me a carol I had never heard before. "A Grown Up Christmas List" and I fell in love with it. It was a great choice.

Along with it she sent me an angel that Kym makes. I love it and I have been wanting one. I need an angel to watch over me. Thank you Kym and Annie. Can I keep the angel hanging out after Christmas? It is just wonderful.

There was also a CD by Barbra Streisand-Christmas Memories. I am going to listen to it tomorrow night on the 30 minute drive to work. I like Barbra's music.

There was some body spray (Love Spell), memo cube, bag of chocolate Kisses, yum yum. A Christmas card and a long list of seeds.

There was white swan coneflowers, 2 sedum varieties, sunflowers, poppies, clematis, rudbeckias and Spinach.
    I loved everything.

Thank you Annie I really appreciate everything that you sent to me.

God Bless you,
    Your gardening friend,
    Faye!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

You are welcome, Big Sis! :) We had lots of fun putting your box together, especially Lili. She loves sending things almost as much as getting them.
    Lots of hugs & Merry Christmas to you!!

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I am glad you like the box Annie:) I love making cards:) I live in a "white christmas" part of the world- however this year, I am not so sure! we have only just had our second snow of the year, and it is not even enough to cover the grass! I can't hardly believe it.

Faye- don't worry about being late- thanks for the update:)

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Faye- I am so sorry to hear about your family member. Your family will be in my prayers.

• mellen
    12 years ago

Jeanne, thank you for the cocoa. I sounds yummy!

Faye, what do you do for Amazon?
    ME

• nottougly
    12 years ago

I drive an Order Picker most of the time to pick customers orders, lots of time I just walk back and forth on the shelfs picking product, I drive a reac hforklift to put product onto the rack and I pack. I do it all. Next I am going to shipping first in outbond then into incoming.
    Faye!

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Faye- thank you so much for the fantastic box!Faye sent some great seeds, candy canes, cute kitchen towel,a snowman that grows when you put him in water, a giant chocolate chip cookie, candycanes, cute stuffed snowman. Her song- was Frosty the snowman. Thank you!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Updating once again:

Mary Ellen sends to Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)- RECEIVED
    Faye sends to Jen (jlee160)- RECEIVED
    Annie sends to Faye (nottougly)- RECEIVED
    Melissa sends to Carol (veeja11) - RECEIVED
    Jen sends to Annie (canyonwind) - RECEIVED
    Shirley sends to Michelle (micyrey)- SENT
    Carol sends to Shirley (brittneysgran) - RECEIVED

Good job, everyone! We should have this swap all wrapped up for Christmas.

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

I checked the delivery confirmation # for Michelle's package and it stated it was delivered. Hopefully she will confirm soon.

Thanks Jeanne for an awesome swap.

We are still looking for someone to take January.

I hope Maryanne, Remy, Margaret and some others in our group are ok, haven't heard from them in awhile.

Jan.
    Feb. hazelnutbunny
    Mar.
    Apr. micyrey
    May mellen
    June brittneysgran
    July veeja11
    Aug.
    Sept.
    Oct. flowergirl34
    Nov.
    Dec.

Jeanne, Margaret, Margo, Jen, Faye, Annie, Remy & Maryanne....step up and take a month if you can. I know we have more members than this but can't think right now of everyone.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for checking that the package was delivered, Shirley.
    I'm sorry - no January hosting for me. I just did two months in a row - and they were fun, but I am ready for a break from it.
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I will take January, too. I don't know how much I'll be able to participate after the baby gets here, so I'll just have my fun now, while I'm able. :)

I'll post details for January in a bit.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for being the January hostess, Melissa. That works out great!

We have a member with a birthday tomorrow so let's all wish Shirley a Happy Birthday!

Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    12 years ago

Thanks for the Birthday Wishes Jeanne.

Thank you Melissa for taking January, good thinking about being busy after baby gets here.

Shirley

• nottougly
    12 years ago

Hi,
    I have been really busy working and taking care of the holidays. I am sorry I have not posted in awhile. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Happy New Year.
    I will take November as a hostess if that is OK.
    Faye!