Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: New 2011 New Years Day Fresh Seed Swap

godsgarden9
13 years ago

Welcome to the New 2011 New Years Day Fresh Seed Swap

***** This is open to anyone that would like to participate in a group swap, and can send a few or as many as you would like of seed packets, details are following:

1) Send in any kind of seeds you would like, specifics are below, as just a guideline to the amount of seeds per packet... If the seeds are tiny(100+) seeds per packet, if small(50+), if medium (25+), if large (10), use you own discretion, if in doubt, just add extra seeds per packet.

2) Include a list of what you sent and how many of each variety you sent, and if you have a preference in return, flowers, vegetable, ornamental grasses, trees and vines, mixed.

3) Please send no more than 10 of each variety unless you have some named rare varieties, and then you can send more of each variety.

4) Include enough postage and a return label to you, for us to return your new fresh seeds to you, or if you wish to

include a self addressed envelope inside, you may also do this.

5) If you do send rarer named varieties of seeds, I will try to send you the same if possible, but much will depend on what others send into the swap, but this is fun, and you will receive a nice surprise package early in the year. The seed packets are Due January 8th, 2011.

6) This is a great opportunity to get rid of extra seeds and receive lots of new varieties to try, so enjoy yourself and have fun, its an opportunity for you to share with others and also receive lots of new seeds for your time and effort.

7) If for some reason you dont hear back from me, please contact me at godsgarden9@yahoo.com. Willy your host and will try to send you the details for the swap, and where to send the seeds to.

8)If you are new to this, this is a great way to start up and get a good headstart. Whether you gather seeds or purchase some seeds bulk, this will give you a great opportunity for you to try new items at a fraction of the cost of buying them individually.. it just takes a little time, and its fun... so sign on today.. We look forward to hearing from you.. and for all those that just signed on to the Back to School Swap, you should receive your seed packets within the next couple of weeks.. many blessings.

Comments (84)

• scottrell
    13 years ago

Hello!
    My seeds are all packed up. I am on my way to the P.O. now.
    A giant thank you to Willy for hosting!
    Sharon

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Oh man my hubby is gonna kill me. Here I am agreeing to more seeds. Like I can ever ssay NO to SEEDS.

So count me in please. Thanks

Paula

• hohumhollow
    13 years ago

I have never done a seed swap before, so how does this work? Do we get back the same number of packets that we send in? Does a packet have to be a store bought sealed packet? Let me know I might be interested! Thanks!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Mine are packed up as well and will be on their way by this wkend!

Thanks Willy!
    ~Wendy

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi Ho Hum! I bet Willy is a little busy right now to answer you so I'll try to give it a shot.

The swap works by sending in seeds that you have. They don't have to be store bought. Just ones from your garden are perfect. They should be labeled with what they are and any pertinent info about them would be good. Also, put your GW name on your packets and the year you collected the seeds. That is always helpful.

The packets can be made of anything you wish. Some people (like me) use a bunch of different things to make baggies. Walmart sells the little plastic baggies in the craft department 100 for $1.00. They work good. But I have also used wrapping paper, regular paper, envelopes, notepads...you name it to make my own seed baggies.

You will receive the same amount of packets you send in, unless you send in "extras" for newbie gardeners. They will get dispersed to all newbies to get there gardens growing :)
    This is a super fun swap and soon you'll be just as addicted to them as the rest of us (you all know who you are :0) )

Just follow Willy's instructions at the top of the thread and you should be all set.

And lastly WELCOME to the swap!
    vina

• hohumhollow
    13 years ago

I'm in! This will be a great way to get some more seeds since I am a newbie! Thanks guys!

• ibartoo
    13 years ago

My seeds are on the way Willy. Thanks so much.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

If I can still join, I'm in.

• gee_oh_nyc
    13 years ago

I sent mine in today as well. Happy New Year everyone. And many thanks to you Willy.

• clay_lady
    13 years ago

can I still join in? clay_lady

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Mine will be getting in the mail on either Thursday or Friday. And I will let you know which one. Thanks for hosting this swap.

Paula

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

My seeds are on their way. Thanks for hosting, Willy. Happy New Year to everyone. Jen

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Willy, I've got seed to send too.
    bethb

• taterbug
    13 years ago

I would like to join in the fun. I'll get them in the mail by Friday. Thanks, taterbug

• jodie74
    13 years ago

Willie or someone else if they read this, can you PLEASE email me the address to send in my seeds? I'm sure he sent it to me but somehow it's not in my email file anymore. I want to package up my seeds this eve & get my seeds in the mail tomorrow.

THANK YOU!!!!
    Jodie

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

I just emailed you his address Jodie.

• pumkingal
    13 years ago

Hi Willy;;
    I am finally a home owner,, yippie my loan went threw,,,Now I can dig any where i choose to,,so very happy,, I am getting my seeds together now,, just have been so busy,, thanks Lisa

• snapdragon36
    13 years ago

Count me in. I will mail them out today thanks for hosting willy.
    Happy new years everyone.
    debbie

• clay_lady
    13 years ago

I have seeds ready, but need the address to send them. I'm headed to town tomorrow and can get them in the mail. clay_lady

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Ok my seeds went in todays mail whichs means that they will not go out fromt he post office til late tonight or early tomorrow. But they are on their way. Willy thank you so much for hosting this swap.

Paula

• jodie74
    13 years ago

My seeds are on their way as well!

I second Paula, THANKS FOR HOSTING!
    Jodie

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

I need the address too. I'd like to get them into tomorrow's mail if possible.
    thanks
    bethb

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

Hello Willy,
    Did you receive my package of seeds yet? I hope they got to you okay. I have a horrible feeling the package popped open and the seed bags fell out. It was really stuffed. Thanks, Jen

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Hi there everyone!

Willy, I sent my pkg out on Saturday, priority mail with a DC#. (just in case!) I appreciate you hosting this swap. You always do an awesome job!

Thanks!
    Wendy / sassyb

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

Hello everyone,
    No postings in a while. How is the collecting and sorting going? Willie, hope things are working out well. Still wondering if my seeds arrived safely.
    Have a great day everyone, Jen

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hello everyone,
    This is Willy your host, hopefully everyone that wants to participate with this swap will be able to get their seeds in by this weekend, as I will try to have all the seed packets sent out by this weekend. Also for the first time, I am going to have one more swap, a Spring Spectacular Swap... so this will be one more opportunity for those that have or havent had a chance to participate in a seed swap for the Spring Growing season. Great to see many familiar friends and new ones, and also newbies, this is a great opportunity for you join in the fun... so hopefully everyone should receive their packets by next week sometime, again thank you for joining in the fun. May the Lord bless you and your families in 2011 and keep you safe.. your host.. Willy.

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Now I am getting anxious(is this even spelled right) for the mail to arrive. Looking forward to going thru all of the new to me seeds.

Paula

• nottougly
    13 years ago

Oh no. I missed the deadline. Somehow I missed the date to mail them by.
    My mom passed away a week ago and I am having a hard time adjusting to it.
    But my seeds will be in the mail no later than Saturday.
    I am really sorry for the delay.
    Faye!

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just to let everyone who has sent their seeds in, the packages are all out and you should be receiving them soon.. and if you havent had a chance to participate but would, just sign on the Spring Spectacular Fresh Seed Swap.. Happy growing season... Willy.

• mavis07
    13 years ago

Hi Willy

I received my envie today. Thanks for the great assortment and the extras!. Great Swap. I'm looking forward to the Spring swap!

Mavis07

• nuttnhunee
    13 years ago

I also received my seeds today, thank you everyone. I got a great selection and was pleasantly surprised with the wonderful variety. I can't wait to look them up to see what I got!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Received my package today. Thanks Willy!! :)

• jodie74
    13 years ago

I too got my FAT ENVIE! AWESOME SWAP! Gonna spend the evening looking up posies & winter sow'em this weekend!!
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jodie

• ramazz
    13 years ago

Received my seeds, too. Thanks for another great swap, Willy.

Becky

• gee_oh_nyc
    13 years ago

My seeds arrived today, Willy. A great picker-upper after dealing with the slush on the street all day... and so many beautiful reminders that Spring is coming!
    Thanks Willy.
    Thanks Everyone.
    George

• paulan70
    13 years ago

Yes I recieved my envie today as well thank you Willy now I will be spending the weekend looking some names. Thanks for the swap. There was a neat and wide range of seeds. Thank you again

Paula

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    13 years ago

My seeds came today. Thanks for doing such a great job sorting.

• dem_pa
    13 years ago

Received my seeds today. Thanks to Willy and all who shared their seeds.

Don

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Got my seeds today!
    Thanks Willy for hosting and for everyone who shared there gardens with me :)
    vina

• scottrell
    13 years ago

I received my envie too! I got some new for me seeds. I can't wait to plant them. Thanks Willy! Great job!

• fearadyn
    13 years ago

Recieved my package, many great veggies! Thank you so much Willie for hosting this swap~

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

I received mine yesterday. Thanks Willie and everyone.
    Alana

• nottougly
    13 years ago

I received my pack also. There are some great seeds in there.
    Thanks Willy.
    Faye!

• roper2008
    13 years ago

Received mine Thursday. Thanks for hosting again Willy.

• hohumhollow
    13 years ago

I got mine! Thanks so much for hosting. This was a blast! i can't wait for spring now.

• hostarookie
    13 years ago

I received mine too... thanks for hosting Willy!

• snapdragon36
    13 years ago

Receieved my seeds. Thanks Willy for a great swap and to everyone who shared their seeds.

• beth_b_kodiak
    13 years ago

Seeds were waiting when I got home.
    I great selection and a couple things that I have been really really wanting.
    Thanks to all who sent seeds and especially to Willy for doing such a great job, AGAIN.
    BB

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

Received my seeds on Saturday. Thanks Willy for hosting and to everyone who participated as I received a good selection of seeds that I had been wanting.

• ibartoo
    13 years ago

Willy, My seeds arrived yesterday. thank you so much.
    Ibartoo