Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Petal Pushin' Some Christmas Cheer

Posted by pixiesluvplants 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 07 at 1:24

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OK I DO HAVE TO APOLOGIZE ABOUT THE SIZE OF THE LOGO, (couldn't get it to size right)

Some GW Rules... You MUST be 18 to participate in this exchange. Please read both the Special Instructions for the Exchanges and the more general Forum Instructions. IF are not a member of Petal Pushers please contact Sassy for a questionnaire. New Members are always welcome and strongly encouraged to join.

OK NOW FOR THE GOOD RULES!!!.............

Since this is the Busiest and probably the most EXPENSIVE SEASON of the year this DECEMBER SWAP will NOT be a box swap. Yes I said "IT WILL NOT NOT NOT BE A BOX SWAP!!!"

Its going to be a Christmas Card Swap.

RULES ARE......... Each pal will send their partner a Christmas Card. (Homemade, Store Bought, It doesn't matter). CATCH IS..... Each pal will tape a penny (yes a penny) to the card and either on a a note or on the card itself, then write a Garden Blessing for the coming year so your partner will have a Penny and a Blessing. The recipient (sp) will then plant the penny in our flower pots, gardens or where ever. This way we will all have our Pal's Blessing for our Gardens all year long. You have no idea how far a penny and a blessing will go.

You may also wish to send ONE pack of your favorite seeds with the card for your pal to plant the penny and Blessing with. Just as long as there is a penny and a Garden Blessing.

Signups will be until the 2nd of Dec.
Partners will be posted on the 3rd of Dec.
Cards should just go out in time for your parthers to receive them by Christmas

Have fun and Happy Holidays.

Seek Codes
MySpace  Graphics
MySpace Graphics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Petal Pushin' Some Christmas Cheer

HO HO HO! Pixie what a fantastic idea! I love it! I would love to sign on for this one! I could use many blessings for my garden this new year and would love to send some on to my gardening friends!

Tracy

o

you got it Ducky! whooohooo First Sign up deserves a prize!!!! Coming to ya right away!

o

Pixie-What a great idea. I'm in. I wasn't going to participate this month due to our tight budget.

My DD's husband works on Black Friday. She wants me to stay over, tomorrow night, get up at 4am, go for breakfast and take her out amongst the throngs on Friday. Picture this....Hoards of people and my DD on crutches. Then there is me who doesn't do well in crowds of people trying to mow me down with their carts. At least WalMart has those electric carts for people who have difficulty walking. I am praying that her DH will be given the day off at the last moment.
Mariann

o

What a great idea for this month! I too wasn't going to be able to participate and now I can! Whooo hoo!
Mariann,
I just have to say what a wonderful supportive mother you are- I only hope that I can be as you are sommeday for my girls.
-Monica

o

I am not a member, but I wanted to say this is a truly lovely idea for a swap at this season! With every one's wallets and patience pushed to the limit with the holidays.

Have fun ladies, and happy turkey day to you all.

Frances

o

Frances you're welcome to participate! If you'd like to just email Pixie your name and address.

Pixie I'm in! Wonderful idea you have. Taking a little stress off all of us.

Have a good one,
Sassy

o

glitter-graphics.com
OH BOY! I get a prize! THANK YOU! You are the sweetest Christmas Pixie I ever met! Pixie this was a fantastic idea dolly! You are such a smarty!

Mariann, I can't imagine braving the crowds on Friday with her on the crutches. I cringed just thinking about it!

Frances, please join us! We would love to have you!!!

o

Well thank you Sassy and Tracy, I will join this sound like fun!

:)

o

WELCOME MARIANNE AND MONICA AND SASSY!!! I am glad ya'll are joining.

Special WELCOME to Frances, this is a great Season to meet new people.

I am soo happy ya'll like this idea. I really am excited about it. Christmas Season is hectic enough without added stress so hopefully this will put lots of smiles and "Cheer" in friends Hearts.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Frances! I am so glad that you are joining us! Hooray!

Pixie, this was a very smart idea. I love spreading Christmas Cheer! I hope some of the oldies but goodies pop in here and let us know what is happening in their world!

o

Frances

o

This sounds like a great swap, Pixie!
I'll jump right in here too. :O)
I've been so worried about our tight budget...but this swap will be fun. Thanks for hosting!! :O)

o

WHOOOHOOO Bunny!! Glad your in ma Hunny Bunny! Still in our Prayers Sweetheart!

Also want to WELCOME ROFLOL, (Terri) she is also participating this month!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Budget shmudget.... I'm going to splurge on the best penny money can buy. ;-)

Thanks for letting me join, pixie and sassy. I'm almost all tapped out of seeds (my "haves" list can attest to that) but I've become a "big swap" addict, so I appreciate the ... hmmmmm.... the conservation of resources (yeahhhh, yeah!... that's the ticket!)... I appreciate the *conservation of natural and financial resources* this swap encourages. :-D

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to everybody. I'll be the one with her face in the cranberry/orange relish dish. ;-)

Terri (rofLoL)

o
Smiles

lol Welcome again Terri, glad to have ya here!

Hint on one thing though....... COME UP FOR AIR while diving in the Cranberry/Orange relish ok? We'd hate to hear of ya in pain from nostral cranberryitis (cranberries jammed in your nostrils)

o

Oh great our Nutbunny is participating! Big hugs Sweetie!

Terri, we're so very glad to have you! Welcome (I'd post a cute pic but short on time:)) Don't worry about seeds, as Pixie said thats optional, not sure if I'll send any myself. We'll see. But please everyone feel free, we can always send a card even when we're busy for Christmas! Just try to make it a thoughtful one with love & care for your new or old friend:)

Back to the kitchen for me, have my ham on, old hen....waiting till tommorrow for pastry, a broccoli casserole already in fridge, mac & cheese waiting too, going to get that banana puddin' out of my way. Talk later girls!

Hugs to all,
Sassy

o

OK Let me CLARIFY the rules here,

"You may also wish to send ONE pack of your favorite seeds with the card for your pal to plant the penny and Blessing with. Just as long as there is a penny and a Garden Blessing. "

NO seeds need to be sent so I don't want ya'll to think that they do, thats is just an option given BUT.... IF you choose to send a packet of seeds to plant with the Blessing and Penny, then just send ONE packet of seeds.

This way no one will be hmm Trixie lang here (trixie and Pixie are the same) no one will be shafted.

The main thing is the Blessing and the Penny.

After partners get posted I will tell the story of the Penny and the Blessing.

Can't wait til the 4th of Dec. cause I have a hmmm game??? wink wink wink. (well I have several games for this month, prizes may be tidliewinks but still it will be fun)

o

Ok! Got it! I can send ONE pack of seeds if I want to! Perfect! One Penny! One Garden Blessing! One Christmas Card! So no one will get Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketED!

Sorry, couldn't help it! LOL!
Happy Thanksgiving!

o

Hi All,
WOW What a blessing already:) I was on my way to the old thread to say HTD to all, when I seen this one & decided to just get it over with, I was not going to be in for December, as money is VERY tight right now, but after reading the conditions, I AM SOOO IN:) What a wonderful idea.

HTD---HAPPY TURKEY DAY All, Hope you all had a wonderful day.
Pixie, Thank you so much for doing the swap this way, so now I can be in...Happy, Happy.:)Anita

o

Anita I'm so glad you can join this month! And Frances welcome, believe me we'll have fun, you can't help it with this group!

Hope everyone had a great day, it was for me and my family and I thought about all my girlfriends here on GW, wishing you had some of my good cookin'! lol Like you didn't have your own.

Sassy

o

I enjoyed a lovely day in the country with my in-laws, The fall colour is still with us. We spotted several Turkey vultures (shudder) on the drive to my MIL yesterday morning and after some early showers the day turned lovely and we spent the afternoon on the porch watching the birds and the leaves falling.

Even after 10 years it seems funny to celebrate ThanksGiving in November. Although my family always tried to get together at Thanksgiving, it was never the big family day that it is here. At Christmas we ALL got together no matter what (sometimes as many as 40 or 45 family and friends for Christmas dinner!).

Hope you all enjoyed your day.

Frances

o

Pixie -
I would like to "push" some Christmas Cheer! Sign me up please!
Jeanne

o

Oh well, Thanksgiving is over time to concentrate on Christmas. We had a great day.

My DD decided not to venture out today. I was really cringing at the thought of her possibly falling down. Unfortunately, I made a list of sale items I really wanted. Naturally, since I always get up early, I figured why not go shopping. I left the house at 5:15am and was home by 6:45am. I found everything I wanted for Christmas.
Linens N Things was completely empty but WalMart was packed. It was fun although I wished I'd had someone to go with.
Mariann

o

WOW MARIANN!!!! Thats awesome that you did things that QUICK!!!! Malls/stores everything here was just so jammed packed! They were even parking cars in the fields cause several malls parking lots were completely full!!!

THANK GOODNESS I was just watching it on the news and not involved in that mess lol.

Welcome Jeanne, glad your going to be with us this month!!1

I am soo happy that every had a great Thanksgiving! NOW its just a hop and skip away from Christmas!!!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Hello! I think I would also like to join in on this one! I could use some blessings! Sounds wonderful and won't hurt my budget with all the dr. bills! Thanks so much for hosting! Melinda

o

Welcome Melinda!!! Glad to have ya!

Its rainy and cold here. Our form of "snow" lol. Oh well can't make cute snowmen outta this kind, sad sad. I am bundled up in ma warm hoodie and longer shorts and my nice fluffy warm slippers. Guess soon its going to be time to break out the winter clothes brrrrr.

How many already have their Christmas tree up? I am going to put ours up and decorate tomorrow, I still have some re-arranging and cleaning to do. Yesterday I cleaned while watching my backyard neighbors have a gazeboo built! The guys working on it started around 9 am and finished the beautiful thing before dark! WOW! It really looks pretty too! I hinted to fox that it would really look good in our backyard lmao I won't repeat the response I got lmao. sheesh men!

Oh well ya'll have a great day!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Kids at home (16, 6, and 3) have been bugging me to put up decorations this weekend rather than my usual habit of procrastinating until the week before Christmas, but work (home-based medical transcription) has me rather occupied this weekend (trying to catch up a growing backlog of dictation, missed all the sales for the same reason) so hoping to do all the decorating during the week... I agree with the kids: I wait too long, and hubby then gets in a hurry to take down right after Christmas so it doesn't get enjoyed long enough. :-\ This time I vow to do better. :-D

Thanksgiving was pretty darn good. I did the grown-up mom thing for the first time ever this year (I'm 46, do you think it was about time??) and cooked my own turkey (okay, it was a turkey breast and it was one of those ones that was in a bag with all the seasonings already in it, just cut a couple of slits in the bag and bake in a pan - no giblets to forget - so it was a bit of a cheat but oh well) and all the other stuff with a little help from my older daughter, and it actually tasted pretty good! (I am *not* known for my cooking.)

Um, the cranberry-orange relish came out rather tart, but personally I like it and.... well, more for me. ;-) lol. And no nostril cranberryitis for me, I did nasal flare exercises beforehand so I wouldn't hurt myself. But thanks for the concern, pixie. ;-)

And for all the complaints I have about the postal service and their rate discrepancies, can't complain about how fast those seeds got there, can I? Now that's what I call zippity quick! :-)

Terri/rofLoL

o

WOW Terri thats great! I have just done the "grown up" thing once for Thanksgiving. Usually we are on the road going North. This is actually just the third Turkey day we have spent at home. First one was about 8 -9 years ago and I cooked and went all out. Second one we went to Furrs with Alan and Cole and had a blast (the T-Day before Cole left) and this one fox and I went to Golden Coral lol, he had the traditional Turkey dinner but I had YUMMY JUMBO shrimpers. I did eat some stuffing though. Happy to know ya didn't drown in the C/O relish!

Frances I am sure it was beautiful and that sounds soo relaxing, sitting on the porch. I would love to have changing seasons but guess thats what I get for living in the semi tropics. One day I think I am going to spend the entire fall/winter in Colorado or somewhere that changes and has real snow. (yeah right).
I ran outside to look at the thermometer cause I didn't believe weatherbug and OMGOODNESS it is 42 degrees here! Extremely weird for us this early! WHOOHOO means I am going to put some tulips in the ground on Monday and hopefully it won't get back up in the 80's (can't believe I just said that sheesh). I really think I am going to put them in this huge planter that I have instead of in the ground, it has much better drainage. I still have 4 sand plum trees to plant somewhere. Gonna have fresh plum jam next summer!

o

It really was lovely, I love to watch the leaves! They just seem to go on forever here too! In the north they seem to change and fall so quickly some years you hardly have time to enjoy them. But here in NC it is a slow process, we still have a couple of weeks worth unless we get a bad storm. Better get out there and keep up with the mulching, if they get too thick I'll have to rake! YUK! We have only had snow here three times since I moved here. I really miss snow at the holidays.

It sounds as though everyone enjoyed their Turkey Day! and those of you who braved 'Black Firday' are made of stronger stuff than I am.... I'll just stay home and shop online. Warmer and quieter, (and I can sip on a nice glass of wine while I'm at it) I am just not ready yet to be assaulted by Christmas at the mall!

o

Earlier I said: And for all the complaints I have about the postal service and their rate discrepancies, can't complain about how fast those seeds got there, can I? Now that's what I call zippity quick! :-)

Maybe the cranberries were spiked.... or maybe I'm having a Topamax moment and posted that message to the "wrong" swap. (blush) lol.

Frances, I had to laugh along with you at the turkey vultures... we have a lot of them here, but usually they hang around the more wooded areas. One very dismal gray-clouded day in October close to Halloween there were three winging their circles rather low in my suburban neighborhood... I hustled my little daughter into the house from the van parked outside, and then watched them for about 10 minutes, and then suddenly they all made a bee-line west and were gone. I don't mind them much most of the time, but *that* was creeeeeeeepy. I was waiting for Hobbits and trolls to come running up the street next.

;-)

o

Thank goodness that we heard from you Terri! I was getting worried that you might need the heimlich from snorting the Cranberry Orange relish! Whew! What a relief! Great job on your first Turkey! If I had my way that is all we would have is the breast! Definitely a breast woman here! No comments please! The hubby and one of the boys are into the dark meat. I say no thank you! lol!

Frances, I am with you. NO Black Friday for me. Uh UH! I spent years working retail and learned to hate malls and mega stores at this time of year. There is nothing more aggravating to me than mad shoppers hunting dowm gifts for their loved ones while pushing and shoving their way to the sales! Can't seem to find the Christmas Spirit in that.

Pixie, that gazebo would be more than welcome in my yard too. Tell Fox he is a big meanie! After all, how much work could a gazebo for our tiny pixie be? He could make it out of Lincoln Logs!

o

CAN A NEWBIE JOIN THIS JOLLY GROUP. I THINK YOU GROUP SOUNDS WONDERFUL AND DELIGHTFUL. I WOULD LIKE TO GET A PARTNER AND SEND A BRIGHT PENNY AND BRIGHT GARDEN CHEAR.
BUT I DO UNDERSTAND IF IT IS FOR A SMALL GROUP. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ASK. I HAVE BEEN WITH GW FOR ABOUT A MONTH OR SO AND HAVE JOINED A COUPLE OTHER ROUND ROBINS. I AM NEW TO GARDEN AND NEED ALL THE BLESSINGS I CAN GIVE MY OLD TOBACCO YARD.

BRENDA

o

Hi Brenday, You are more than welcome to participate, just email Sassy or myself your name and addresss and some of your likes and dislikes.

Ducky, I don't think ma babies would tolerate the Lincoln Log Gazebo. The kiddos would probably tear it up or chew it up or something or they would think it was for them sheesh have to share everything with them anymore! They aren't happy with me cause I kicked them outta my bed this evening cause they were rough housing while I was watching tv.

Well I don't want to show ya'll up but I ALREADY have my penny ready! lol just have to find the right card now!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I need to pick up some copper polish so I can shine mine up real pretty! I would hate to send someone a bad penny, everyone knows what a nuisance those are! You tell those pooches to quit chewing on stuff in your gardens or I'm gonna have to come down there and teach them some manners!

HI BRENDA! Welcome to the Petal Pushers! This group isn't too big or too small! Just right with you in it! Come on in and tell us your story! I promise we will all come back and tell you ours. I'll even start. I am an old lady of almost 36. I have 5 kids. 4 boys and 1 girl. My oldest is 17 and my youngest is nearly 3 (that would be my one and only girly). I love to garden, cook and bake like crazy! I love Christmas time. It really is my favorite time of year! We live in Ohio near Lake Erie and have a little over an acre of property that I am finally getting a handle on. I've been adding gardens and redoing some old neglected ones that fell into decline before we moved in 3 years ago.

So, who's next in telling their story? Don't leave me hanging out here all by myself!
glitter-graphics.com

o

lmao sheesh I had all about me written down and it flew off into cyberland somewhere sheesh

o
all about me

pimp myspace
myspace layouts
pimp myspace

Try this again! Didn't want to leave ya hanging there Tracy

I am Pixie or Trina or whatever else. (almost). I am the ancient pixie since the Ducky up there says she is almost old sheesh. I am 41 and have 3 boys, 12; 19 and 23, all grown and gone. I have two babies at home, ma lil boy, Rebels (2 years old) and my lil girl (when she is behaving) Mud who will turn a year old this Thursday! We live in Coastal Texas with my husband fox. I love to garden, read, write, paint, woodwork, and cook and bake (when I don't have to) I neglected my gardens bad bad for a couple years so am getting them all going again. I have learned alot from these ladies about lots of things. hmmm don't know what else to say. I think I typed more the first time don't know where it went. My favorite time of the year is anytime between March and when it gets cold! :)

Smiles,
Pixie

o

;)

Old ladies.... HA! I will turn 50 on my birthday! sheesh, where does the time go! I am new to this group, but I moved to NC from Canada in 1999. But lived in apartments till last October when we bought a house. Our children are long grown and flown and though we looked at condos in the end we bought a small city house. The small yard was a blank slate a year ago and I have been working hard all year to change that.

I am a semi-retired artist/photographer. I like to travel and read and garden.

I am growing cool new plants and flowers that I have never seen before! Its a real adventure. (My camillia is blooming right now) How cool is that! Flowers in the winter!

Nice to meet you all
Frances

o

Frances, congratulations on your first house! I love a fresh start, blank canvas in the house and the garden that is ready for your hand. I am not looking forward to my kids being grown and gone but I wouldn't mind a little of the quiet that comes with it! Uninterrupted bliss! Ah! 50 eh? I hear that is the new 30! Your camillia is blooming now? Fantastic! I was surprised to see that my proteus clematis had a bloom on it still even though we have snow on the ground. Crazy plants are all discombobulated! I remember looking at your photobook in the Decorating Forum earlier this fall, your photographs are stunning!

Pixie, thanks for pulling me up off the rope there! Whew! My arms were getting tired.

Tracy
glitter-graphics.com

o

Hi girls-I'm new, but I would love, love, love to join in this fun too! Can I please, can I?

o

Hi Flora, of course you may "join" ! Just send me or Sassy an email with your name and address and some of your likes and dislikes. We would love to get to know ya!

Smiles
Pixie

o
Smiles

That sounds sooo fun Frances getting to decorate and plant at a new house!

I think all the flowers are soo totally mixed up! I have 4 0'Clocks blooming and my Nasturnum and whatever that lil fern looking plant (its not a fern) with tons of white flowers is going like mad! But WOE is them... its been raining here for two days, a steady rain sometimes very hard so all my lil plants are getting very wet! I did bring all my lil seedlings inside due to the weird cold front we have going on now. They are in trays on my buffet under a flourescent lamp WOW those things do work great for seeds! Who says a buffet can't be garden functional too??? (ok so its in the dining room but I don't think the seedlings mind) It is supposed to be back in the low 80's on Tues - Thurs. then another cold front coming through that will drop us back to the 50's with MORE rain sheesh! Months here are mixed up too. This is more like January/February instead of November! If ya ask me I have had my fill of winter and am ready for SPRING!!!

Gotta tell ya'll what Mud did... crazy girl with a curiousity streak thats gonna hurt her! We have an extension cord going from the bathroom down the hall to plug into a fan that goes into an unused bedroom. Rebs and I were in my bedroom and I heard her squeal and take off running towards the living room where fox was. I yelled in there asking him what happened and he said that he thought her and rebs were roughhousing again. So I got up to investigate and noticed that the connection part of the extension cord was soaking wet! lil goofey had been chewing on it and gotten shocked! From then on she would walk wayyy around the thing and then sit in the door of my room and just look at it lmao! (I know its not funny but can't help but laugh)

Your very welcome Ducky, those big eyes were just callin for help while hanging on that mistletoe!

Pixie

o
First Game of the Swap

Ok, I couldn't wait til tomorrow so its close enough for me. Here is the first game of this swap whoohoo.

I will post the questions and then I will wait two days then post the answer and keep track of points. Points will be tallied up and winner posted on the 14th, prize will be mailed on the 17th.

This is the main game although there will be smaller games for right away prizes.

OK here are the questions for round #1

#1. What is the definition of Pixie???

#2. How did Tinkerbell begin? (hint: the beginning of all fairies quote)

#3. Who created Tinkerbell and when ?

BONUS QUESTION WORTH AN EXTRA POINT....

Who modeled for an animator to draw Tinkerbell?

Have fun and good luck!

o

1: A fairylike or elfin creature, especially one that is mischievous; a playful sprite.
Playfully mischievous

2: "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."

3: James M. Barrie BUT the most recognized Tinkerbell was created by Marc Davis the famous animator at Disney in 1953.

Bonus:
Margaret Kerry

o

WOW that was a quick answer (not saying if its right or wrong but it was quick!!!!

ya working late tonight???

o
Heya Miss Hunny Bunny

WOW that was a quick answer (not saying if its right or wrong but it was quick!!!!

ya working late tonight???

o
Working working working

Yep, as always! About to head home now, though. (yay!) I've put in my 9 hours! Whew! :O)

o
Operator one O one

lol you be safe on the way home hunny bunny. Hope ya liked ma ditzy twice post. I am thinking that one may have been operator troubles.

o

This swap is wonderful.I love Christmas and have looked forward to be able to finally particapate for Christmas.Could not do Halloween or Thanksgiving.Please sign me up..and yep,I am a petel pusher.I have been inactive since the group got up and started running again.I lost my husband in September,so guess you can understand the absence.I really need a blessing...and am excited .I have a wonderful favorite plant I have seeds for and would love to share it with someone here.Glad everyone had a great turkey day.I did also.I really wanted to go shopping on D day but had stayed up the night before finishing my baking..Fell asleep about 3 am friday and slept until the wally world sale was over.I really wanted a couple of those new skate boards for 2 of my grands,,geeesh..now may have to shell out that extra 28 dollars...one of my grandson ask for one and I told him santa would bring him one..sooo nanny has to get one.lol Reminds me of that movie jingle all the way and the turbo doll.Walmarts had alot and now,they don't have a single one to be had..except online at full price..yep,could use that blessing and this is such a wonderful idea you came up with...
moonphase

o

Welcome Moonphase got ya down! I am soo sorry for the loss of your Husband. I am very happy that you had a great T-Day. Skateboards never seem to go outta style do they? I am sorry ya missed the sale, maybe you can still find them at discounted prices! Order it online and have it sent to your Walmart then beg them to do the sale price maybe they will! I have heard that you could order online and have them ship it to your local walmart so maybe when it gets there you can negotiate down eh???

I am happy you will be able to join us for the Christmas swap, we always have blessings going around. Thank you also for the compliment and encouragement.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Hi, ladies! Trina - I would love to join this! Sorry I'm so late on this! This sounds like a fantastic idea! Thank you!

I need to catch up on all the posts, but just wanted to let you know I'm in!

Becki

o

Good Morning Pixie;
I would like to join this swap although I have not been part of the Petal Pushers, can I? I will send you my address.
I also researched your questions and here are my answers.
Pixies (also Piskies and Pigsies as they are sometimes known in Cornwall) are mythical creatures of folklore, considered to be particularly concentrated in the areas around Devon and Cornwall, suggesting some Celtic origin for the belief and name. In regional dialect, these mischievous little folk are sometimes referred to as piskies/piskeys or the little people.

Barrie wrote "When the first baby laughed for the first time, his laugh broke into a million pieces, and they all went skipping about. That was the beginning of fairies."

J.M. Barrie in 1906 for the story Peter Pan

Margaret Kerry was the model for Tinkerbell.

How are those answers? Hope all is well.
diene

o

Gotcha Becki sweetie! Diene you are very welcome here, just email me your name/address. I have ya down too girlie girl!

Hope everyone has a great day, its sunny here again finally!

Smiles,
Pixie

o
Welcome

I was just re-reading the posts and I owe a HUGE apology to Anita! I know in my mind I welcomed you cause I wrote you down on my list BUT... I never formerly wemcomed you.

Myspace Layouts
Myspace Layouts

Very happy to have you in this swap!!!

o

pixie-Please tell me that Mud is a cat or a dog........ My DD's cats get into everything especially Bella, her black cat. Bella unraveled most of my DD's cross stitch thread one night, not to mention what she does with the toilet paper.

moonphase-Welcome back! I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Had my 3 month check up today. Everything went well. Blood work and X-rays are all good. One of my meds. is still being lowered. It's one that lowers my immune system and keeps me house bound during the cold and flu season. I came home with a shopping bag full of samples. Boy, does that save me money.

I'm in the process of ironing a few patterns so I can start my Christmas sewing. I'm making my DD a lined jacket and my SIL a pair of draw string flannel pants.
Mariann

o

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Rebel and Mud

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket MUD

Mariann, Mud is a boxer, I tend to forget putting that in when I talk about my kiddos.
Wow sounds like your busy sewing! I hope the flu and cold bugs stay away from you completely!

o

Mariann, I am glad that your appointment went so well! Thank goodness for free samples of medicine! Gotta love a well stocked doctor's office! I hope the bugga boos stay away from you this year. I know our family has gotten hit pretty hard so far this year. It started very early in September. I can't ever remember so many sick days from school for my kids. It has been a banner year so far in that department.

I was just looking at the hand towel that Melissa had sewn for me from one of the earlier swaps and wished that I had a sewing machine to play around with. I would love throwing some jammies together for the kids. It would save me a bundle! We have a very old one in the garage that came with the house. I think I will pull it out and see if I can clean it up properly.

o

Just something funny to share...give everyone a smile for today.
A-hem.
I've been having a great deal of stress lately (putting it nice & succinct)...and when I get really stressed & bummed, I BAKE. (lucky for me, Thanksgiving was last week, eh?) Anyway, so today was really bad, so I thought..."I'll make a chocolate walnut pie!" So I did, but didn't have QUITE enough time for it to bake completely before I had to leave for work. SO, I brought it WITH me, thinking I'd finish it off in the oven here at work. So far, so good. EXCEPT that the oven here has a timer, that I don't know HOW to work...and I got very distracted, so my pie that was supposed to bake for 20 more minutes, ended up baking for 2 hours!! And, long story short...I just set fire to the station's new electric oven. Set off alarms & water everywhere.....

Hmmm. There goes my raise....ya think??? :O)
But on the bright side, I"m totally destressed now. LOL

o

Hello Tracy;
You can usually pick up a sewing machine really cheap these days at least around here. My "Golden Touch and Sew" which was the machine I learned on died of old age this year. It was always a tempermental machine and did not improve with age. I did have a 1930's Singer cabinet and machine but it had been in a house that burned and the wiring was toast (no pun intended). That worked great until the fire and for some reason they said they could not rewire it. Oh well, I have not made an article of clothing in probably fifteen years. I have made some curtains and I did make all the aprons for a friend's restaurant. Aprons are hard to find these days, at least in my part of the world. Hope everyone is having a great night. diene

o

That is one way to destress I guess Melissa. lol sorry but can't help but laugh cause that sounds right up my alley of things I would do!

I have a good sewing machine but haven't even opened the cabinet in ages, sheesh I have become an old fuddy duddy it seems! After I read Mariann's post I thought about opening my material box and seeing what I had stocked in there but thats about all I did was think about it. I go to the store between 7.5 and 8 in the morning but will just work for a few hours to help out. I think I will end up closing eventually which would mean I would go in around noon and close at 7. Not sure yet, I just know that I'll be there to help when needed and when I can.

We have been pretty lucky so far as far as colds and stuff, just back in the summertime did it hit us. (hope I didn't just curse myself) WHOOHOO the weather isn't supposed to change until next week so that means it will be in the high 70's low 80's here all week, I am soo happy means I can keep the heater turned off!

o

Diene, we have a store here called Tuesday Mornings that carries overstock sewing machines occasionally for around 60.00, I always eye them up and then chicken out because I know that old machine is sitting here waiting for me to pull it out and clean out the cobwebs. I think that I will pull the old girl out tomorrow and dust it off. If she fires up then I will stick with it and give it a thorough going over. If not then I will be heading to Tuesday Mornings.

A couple of years ago my MIL and I got together and made a new cover for my window seat. We went all out on cording and seaming it all up so it is nicely fitted. I even installed the zipper! She has been after me to get new heavier fabric for it to make a second one with her. It was a learning experience for me the first time around since I hadn't sewn since Girl Scouts! I felt super after we finished the seat cover. I need to find my courage and jump back into it again. I still don't know how she convinced me to make all those parts. She made it seem so easy with her standing there telling me what to do.

Bunny, Um er... Don't bake at work anymore! Did you say you made PIE? I am rolling my eyes at you! PIE? Like you didn't have enough on Thanksgiving and everyday since?! Craziness!

o

Uh.....yes.....Pie......

*sigh*

....I am so ashamed.....

and bloated.....

o

Just wanted to tell you I went to wally world in the next town south of me and they had the new skate boards.Hey these things are nothing like the things my kids had,these are super has only 2 wheels,like razor,or surf boards.Any way,they let me have them at the sale price..I am one glad granny tonight..lol
hazelnut,that is kinda funny..but not..kind of thing..I used to love to bake,,but now..well.
tracy,I too am making the grands some pajamas.I found some plaid flannel for $1 a yard so they are getting plaid pjs.I had to pay $13 for some at wally just because they are made of material with spider man on them..geesh..but I have a 4 yr. old grand that thinks he is spider man..lol
moonphase

o

HNB-So you set the oven on fire.....We had a similar incident on Thanksgiving. We had a 13 pound turkey that we received free from Shop Rite. My DH has a part time job moving cars from several local automotive dealerships in the area. They gave him a free 23 pound turkey which was partially thawed. Our 13 pounder was still frozen so we decided to cook the big one. Of course we had to go to the dollar store to pick up 2 large, disposable, baking pans. The turkey barely fit. During cooking some of the juices slopped over the sides and when my DH took it out he spilled even more. Needless to say our kitchen, dining room and living room were filled with smoke. My DH tried to clean up part of the oven because it was now leaking on to the floor. He used paper towels.....Yep and the oven was still on naturally the towels caught fire. I am such a control freak that I kept pushing him out of the way so he didn't burn the house down. Finally, I just let him and my SIL deal with the situation. I still can't use the oven.

I woke up to a mess this morning. One of my hanging baskets was laying on the floor. It pulled the hook right out of the ceiling. Surprisingly, the ceramic pot looks OK but it landed on a large terrarium that my grandmother gave me. Which is now toast. It also knocked down part of my grow lights. The lights were laying on top of my orchids which luckily didn't burn, I hope.

I hope the rest of my day doesn't turn out the same.
Mariann

o

Moonphase, Great job on the deal at Wally World! I love the name of that place. I keep giggling everytime I hear it because I think of National Lampoon's Vacation Movie with Chevy Chase. What a good Gran you are! I love that you are making jammies for Spidey Junior and the other grands! I can just picture him webslinging his way through the house in his new jammies.

Mariann, I am sending you some good luck! I think maybe you may need two good luck pennies in your Christmas card. I am so sad for your terrarium, what a thing to wake up to! I hope the orchids are not injured.

Hoping everyone's day is a great one!
Tracy

o

LOL you must have seen him around your area.The boy can not walk.He has to have a web slung first to something..lol..let me tell you about his room.My daughter painted his furniture blue.Then they took a sheet of sheet rock and screwed it to the wall above his bed.They painted a whole scene of tall buildings,like new york city.She bought a couple of maybe 18in or more paper spider man cut outs and put them on blds.It is the most awesome thing I have ever seen.They are doing the same thing for the 7 yr old except he is getting a pirate of the carribean scene.they are cutting out a boat shape from plywood and will make his bed into a pirate ship..can't wait to see it.My DD and SIL are so creative....I will have to take a photo and post it,next time I visit...
moonphase

o

Moonphase,

That sounds like the most awesome boy's room I have ever heard of! Wow! I have a 4 year old that would go gaga over it! I am super impressed. I would love to see pictures. I love the Pirate's theme too! What great parents!

o

Hi, can I join in on the Christmas swap? I joined for the Seed Swap but other than that, I am a new member.

Becky
ramazz

o

Heya Everyone! I hope everyone is having a super day.

Moonphase I am sooo happy you found the skateboards and got them at the sale price!!! Your G-Boys are going to be sooo happy! WOW on the bedrooms too!

Mariann I am sooo sorry about your terrarium thats so sad, hopefully the orchids will be ok.

Becky (Ramazz) of course you may join in for this swap, we LOVE New Members, Old Members, Middle Members all kinds! JUST as long as they are still attached to their bodys!!!

Christmas Myspace Comments
Christmas Myspace Graphics

o

Ramazz, pay no attention to the crazy pixie! We even take disembodied members! LOL! Welcome! Welcome!!!

Tracy

o

Awww Come on You Ducky Devil, I was tryin not to scare anyone.... Halloween IS over remember!!!!

o

Okay, I DO have the attention span of a 2 year old...and am so easily distracted. Point in case: The boss just shook his head and laughed about the oven last night. Seems it didn't surprise him one bit. (not going to stick around to talk to the CFO, though...yikes.)

Today, I got distracted while shaving, and nicked that huge vein on my ankle. Blood gushing everywhere, and naturally, it's on my left ankle..the one I can't reach b'c of my bad hip!! Hubby just laughed, and said I must be the only woman in the world that nearly bleeds to death in the shower every day. (and just for the record...it's every other day, thank you very much!)
So I just asked him "Are you going to stand there and let me bleed, or are you going to apply pressure and save my life??" (always lean toward dramatic, too)
Maybe one of these days, I'll grow an attention span.

Hmmm. Now if I could only remember why I want one....

o

Pixie, see here is my case in point...Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Halloween may be over but some of us still cant' get all of our parts together! LOL!

Miss Bunny, I am so glad that your boss loves you like we do! LOL! I think maybe the boss was shaking her head at the loss of a perfectly good PIE! Tell that Hubby to stop laughing at you and kiss that boo boo better like a good man!

o
Christmas Tree Sabotage

Gotta have long arms!!!!

Here in the Houston Area a man got angry at a Christmas Tree Farm and he and two of his teenage sons and some friends snuck into the farm at night and chopped off the tops of all the Christmas Tree's.

Is that not horrible???? (the headless snowmen made me think about that, it was on the news a couple of days ago)

o
Somebody needs a spank

Now there is a good example for your sons! Sheesh! Can't see how a Dad would say "Come on boys! We're going to go vandalize the tree farm!" What a dolt! I hope that he gets a public spanking by the Judge.

o

I hope he would have to decorate all the tops of the trees and display them in his yard while selling them and giving the proceeds to the farm!

o

How Horrible!!!!

Awww...but those WOULD be some cute teeny-weeny Christmas trees!!

o
Happy lil Trees

Yes I bet they would be, hopefully the owner of the farm will salvage them and do something like that from them.

o
Players List so far

I am going to post the points tomorrow night for the game that I have started, so far on the game I just have two people that have answered any questions. Those that are insterested in playing the Big game here are the questions again.............

I will post the questions and then I will wait two days then post the answer and keep track of points. Points will be tallied up and winner posted on the 14th, prize will be mailed on the 17th.

This is the main game although there will be smaller games for right away prizes.

OK here are the questions for round #1

Have fun and good luck!

I will post points tomorrow night late to give everyone that missed it a chance.

ALSOOO. For the Pushin Cheer swap here are the players that I have signed up:

Tracy
Mariann
Monica
Sassy
Frances
Terri
Melissa
Anita
Jeanne
Melinda
Brenda
Flora26
Moonphase
Becki (beckilove)
Diene
Becky (ramazz)
Pixie

Please let me know if I have everyone or not.

Niters and good dreams,
Pixie

o

Hello Pixie:
If we already answered those questions we are done, right? No second chances? Of course I know my answers are correct because I am never wrong!!!
Hard to believe? Me too. I can barely type it with a straight face.
Hope everyone has a great day.
diene

o

GM All I Promised sasssyd I would stop in & say Hi once in awhile I do read whats going on in many of the forums that I see many of you on Just to keep you all in line :)

Hope you Have a great day I Have to settle a BIRD DOG FIGHT Over a ham bone :)

susie

o

Good Morning Susie! Uh OH! If you're watching us then who's watching you? LOL! OOOOH, never get between 2 dogs and a bone! Dangerous work there! Be careful!

Diene, no ma'am, you are never wrong! UH UH! Shaking my head vigorously! That is my job, chance of correctness is 30% with occasional bouts of uncertainty!

o

well I did research the quiz and came up with identical answers to the ones already posted.....
but I was always told that pixies were the spirits of mischeivous people who after death were given a second chance on earth to redeem themselves, but couldn't or wouldn't, preferring instead to stay on earth teasing and tormenting people with their pranks and tricks.

o

Diene thats too funny!

Susie so glad to see you pop in, love to hear from you.

I found the same answers also but Frances yours may just be true. lol

Have a good day girls.
Sassy

o

Sassy,

I sent you an email dearie, I hope it isn't ending up in your bulk folder because I switched my internet provider.

Tracy

o

Glitter Photos
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Photos*]

TRICKS AND PRANKS??? MEEEE??? NOOOOOO WAYYYY !!!!

o
Pond

Well its just sooo sunny outside today I went and got some edger rocks for a new bed that I decided to put in around my pond. (mainly to let the kiddos know that that is MY space too!). After I started putting them in the ground I decided that I needed more rock so fox can build the pond up (like he has wanted to for sooo long lol right) and add a waterfall thingie. So now I have MORE space for plants!! whoohooo! Im not going to tell fox about what I did until he asks about it and that won't be soon cause he hardly goes into the backyard unless its to the barn. I will take a picture of it when its finished. Well of my new beds at least, the rest won't be finished until I "sweet talk" fox into doing it. I already asked him for a new KitchenAid Mixer so don't want to press my luck. He told me that my Love Garden FRUSTRATES him cause I add new things all the time and he is scared to go in it and WAS thinking about getting me a bench for it but has no clue where he'd put it lol I can make room thats for sure! I have Winter Squash babies whoohoo and some tomato plants with buds on them so hopefully we will have some squash and tomato's in a couple of weeks. I have some peppers that are budding in the front and hopefully I will be able to transplant some cauliflower to outside sometime this week.

Diene lol no second guesses ;) lol too funny you have the right syndrome too eh???

Frances and Sassy Imma NICE Trixie Pixie lol but will allow your answers to count for the game all the same! lol I don't torment.... much

Oh well I hope everyone enjoys the day! Gonna go take some pictures.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Pixie! can't wait for pictures darlin! Woo Hoo! Tell fox to get the pro series! Does an amazing job with the heavy duty motor. Perfect for kneading all those doughs! YUM!

o

Well...I have to say, that, Diene....even if you WERE ever wrong (and that's a big IF EVER :O) ) there ain't a one of us that'd be gutsy enough to tell you so!! I think we're all afraid of getting spanked!! You're like a momma to us!! :O)

o
Points for Round 1

OK couldn't wait til later but here are the points for the Big game players that have answered the first round questions.

Melissa 4 points
Diene 4 points
Frances 4 (gonna give ya the pixie definition but that is kinda half right and half wrong lol hmmm I think, maybe)
Sassy 4 for you too

o
quick game

This is just a quick game to welcome all of ya'll that have signed up for this month so far. (this one is not for points in the Big Game)

JUST THREE QUESTIONS, FIRST ONE TO ANSWER THEM RIGHT WILL HAVE A PRESENT SENT TO THEM.

1. How many "White Christmases" has England had in the 20th century?

2. According to the records of the Meteorological Office in London, snow fell on Christmas Day in what TWO years?

3 What is the definition of a "White Christmas" IN ENGLAND?

Good Luck and have fun!

Smiles,
Pixie

o

1- seven
2- 1938 and 1976
3- The definition of a White Christmas in England is when one snowflake falls on the roof of the London Weather Center on Christmas

o

Pix we know you're good at trix! *wink*

Please don't give me points, Melissa & Diene had already guessed the correct ones before I was able to post. I just thought the answer Frances gave was a cute little bit of mischiveousness, did anyone get that (spelling)? lol

Ok, Spelling Bee in order. lol

Jezzzzz I ate too much, think I'll go lay down. You girls don't have too much fun while I'm gone.

Here's some cuties for you. Kenzie & Mommy

Again...Kenzie & Mommy

I have many beautiful girls in my life thanks to all of you:))))

Sassy

(Shes gonna be just like her Mom was........ still waiting on the hair to grow, lol)

o
New Game?

You posted another game already!

o

Sassy you still get points silly!!! Is that a toothers coming in that I see on Kenzies upper gum???? Sheesh they grow up sooo fast!!!

Yeppers another game posted, a quick one this time, not adding to the points though just a winner and shazammalamma a prize! lol

o
Pretty Babies!

Awww...I just love your pics, Sassy!! I swear, that baby gets more beautiful everytime I see her!!! :O) I LOVE those eyes!! She looks so....ORNERY!!! LOL

Here's my beautiful bald-headed baby! Adora is 19 months old, and STILL doesn't have even enough hair for one of those velcro bows!! I wonder if she'll EVER have hair?? Funny thing about it..we can dress her head-to-toe in HOT PINK, and she STILL gets called a cute little BOY!! I even had one lady say.."that ain't a girl, it's BALD!"
OMG, I'm going to start taping a bow to her head!! LOL

Awful picture quality, I know..but I've been playing with my camera phone, and this is one of the first ones I've been able to take! :O) This bunny is NOT technically inclined. Nope.

o

Sassers! Those girls of yours are just gorgeous! I would love to play with your Kenzie! She is too cute!

Melissa, I love Adora's big beautiful eyes! There is nothing but love in them! Smooch! Thank goodness for Christmas bows! LOL! Just peel and stick! hee hee! The hair will come, I promise!

o

OMG look at those BIGGG eyes on Adora!!!! and that lil nose omg girlie girl she is adorable!!!!! Hair will come like Tracy said and they do have peel and stick bows whooohoo. I use them on Mud but she doesn't like them but Rebs does!!!! He likes wearing costumes, Mud just eats them.

o

Christmas bows!!! OhMyGOODNESS!!! Why didn't I think of that??!! LOL She LOVES hats & stuff on her head (very weird baby, I know...she also has a shoe fetish, HAS to have shoes on ALL the time! And loves the shoe department of Walmart. She's gonna give Imelda MArcos (sp) a run for her money!!!) And she gets so upset when big sissy is wearing pretty barretts..and she can't!! So a Xmas bow would be....
Perfect!!!!

And did anyone else hear that crud about Walmart (and other stores) warning Santa's not to say "Ho Ho Ho" to or around women because it might be OFFENSIVE??? (well, honey..if the shoe fits........!!!)
Oh my gosh. How silly can you get??? For cryin out loud, just WHAT do you want Santa to say, anyway??

o
ho ho hooey!

HO HO HO Merry Christmas! Nope, can't seem to see the derogatory nature of that comment. After all what are the chances of Santa Claus bumping into some lady named Merry with the last name of Christmas outside of a Walmart? Oh and Walmart should stop selling garden hoe's immediately! I can't believe they would call me that! I am offended! HMMMMF!

o
Well.....

Well, you know what they say....

When you throw a stick into a pack of dogs, the one that yelps the loudest is probably the one you hit!!

So...Ho HO HO!!!!

o

sheesh I can't stopp laughin, Ducky this is all your fault and Yours tooo Hunny Bunny, just want to let ya'll know ma ribs achie bad.

Its sad that well I won't say it cause then I would really get in trouble but its just sad that everyone has to tiptoe around and watch what they say and bend holidays to meet things that the holidays don't even represent sheesh. SAD SAD SAD!!! And then comes the racial thing sheesh I think well nm I just better behave and mend ma ribs for now.

o
Whoopsie

Oh, Tracy...I forgot!! You KNOW stores don't allow saying "Merry Christmas" anymore!! It's "Happy Holidays"!

So I guess it's gotta be...

"Rake Rake Rake!! Happy Holidays, for goodness sake!!"

o

HEY! are you callin' me what I think you're callin' me?

You better watch out, You better not cry, you better not pout, I'm telling you why! Santa Claus is comin' to town! He sees you when you're sleeping, He knows when you're awake! He knows if you've been bad or good! So you better be good for goodness sake!

o
Christmas means Love

whats funny is all these countries that are supposedly so far behind the times and such are the countries that don't put up with the crap that is put up with here> This country was founded on a good solid formation, makes ya wonder what happened

ok going to stop getting political here lol sheesh.

just pixxes me off that someone may get offended if you say Merry Christmas in public. They even took the Salvation Army Santas away from the entrances of our walmart and target! How sad is that???

Christmas is Christmas for a reason, if others feel like putting other secular terms to it then fine just don't make those that know the reason we celebrate it stop. After all, and I can say this, hope it doesn't offend anyone. Maybe the 25th of December wasn't Jesus's real birthday, doesn't matter thats when we celebrate it and have for centuries. I for one can honestly say that Merry Christmas means something more than just words, the gifts we give aren't just for the sake of giving they are heart felt. Even long lived traditions for the U.S.A. are founded on century long traditions. So for all those saying its offensive then the only thing I have to tell them is I am sorry you feel that way because I think the best gift I could ever give I gave to Jesus, even though unwillingly but still don't ever tell me that Christmas if offensive.

ok I will stop now. sorry bout the outburst lol

o
Whoopsie. Again

Ummm....nnooo....that's not what I was saying, Tracy...
At least...I don't THINK so.....

Uh-Oh.

Distraction time.

psst...Pixie...did it work??

o

Hm? Sorry I fell asleep! LOL! Can't believe she called me a garden tool!

Medo emailed this to me the other day and I think it fits so well! I think the ACLU should read it!

o

Aww thanks Melissa, I am sorry about my "spout off" I was sleepy and cranky.

Thats a good sign Tracy!

Melissa you won the mini game whooohooo prize will be on the way this afternoon. (I tend to run late on these things sometimes )

o

I have to share what happened to me over the last few days. I posted Monday evening that I had been to my Dr. and we lowered one of the medications that I take for Interstitial Lung Disease. Tuesday I started experiencing pain throughout my entire rib cage, under my arms, my shoulders and my back. Tuesday evening I started running a fever. I knew something was terribly wrong. I was able to get my temp. down with Tylenol and ibuprofen. I called my Dr. and he wanted me to get a blood test and go back up on my medication. The blood test showed increased inflammation from just the week before. When I have a flare-up of this disease it starts with muscle pain and fever then I can't breath. My Dr. and I were both shocked that it happened so quickly. I had hoped that I was in remission but it seems that I still have to rely on the drugs to keep me stable. Life is so fragile and precious. I am thankful for each and every day. It helps to be able to write about it.

Melissa- congrats. for winning the prize.

It's great to see all the names listed for the 'Blessing' swap.

Mariann

o

Mariann, how scary for you. That sounds absolutely terrible. I am praying for you. How are you feeling now? I hope that you are breathing better and that the pain has gone. You are right, it is great at how many are here for the Blessing Swap!

Melissa,
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Oh, Mariann! Bless your heart!!!! That's too scary!! Wow. Lots of hugs to you! Feel better soon, ya hear??

Dearest Tracy....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o
Hey, Wait!

Wait a sec...I won! Yay!! :O)
I'm so happy!!

o

Melissa your little Adora is so beautiful, god love her, she reminds me of what McKenzie will look like at that age.
Kenzie looks just like Julie did, and I sware it took Julie 2 years to get hair, not to worry, when she got it, boy did she.... thick and beautiful. And has been ever since. Just take lots of pics and video, everyone laughs at me becuase I sit here and video Kenzie every day, well, duh....... I thought that was my job:))) (LOL!) I do when I can.

They will be glad at some point.
Sasy

o

HNB, have you already tried the dab o' honey trick for putting bows on Adora's head? I hear it works, I never tried it because my Anna - another one with very little hair on the top of her head but some nice curly yellow fringe for the first 2 years - didn't *want* anything on her head; no bows, no headbands, no hats, no nothing. So we quit trying. And now at 16 she has the fullest thickest hair with a gorgeous wave to it since it's long - and which she now spends a good 35 minutes on each morning STRAIGHTENING "because I hate how curly my hair is, Mom!!!" How she can say this to her mother with the stick-straight, super-fine, "I ain't got no body" hair, I have no idea.

Yep, when she was little we got the comments about our cute little boy. Oh well. Our Abby, who is now 3, actually looked like that evil puppet Chucky from the movies for a while... I don't know what it was, but she really did. She doesn't any more. Yay.

o

ROFLOL, I am with you! Poker straight, used to perm the daylights out of my ultra fine hair! What I would have given for a serious head of full curly locks! Sigh! I swear I would never straighten my hair!

If it makes you feel any better two of my blondie boys were commonly mistaken for girls since they were so "pretty"! LOL! Shhhh, don't tell them I said that! They will get me!

o
ahem

Oh, I almost forgot Melissa...

gonna get my shovel!

o

Okay...you've forced me to use extreme measures, here, Tracy....

And with THAT...I'm going home for the weekend. Please don't have too much fun without me!
(and behave yourselves, girls!!!) :O)

o
Good Night

LOL! Melissa, you are such a tool! LOL! Have a great weekend! Get some rest! See ya Sunday!

Tracy

o

What beautiful little girls Sassy and Melissa!

My daughter was as bald as an egg for a year, when it did come in it was so fine, everyone thought she was a boy, (no matter what she was wearing) and she loved dresses, even though she was a real tomboy at play, she was always wearing a dress. By the time she was in kindergarten she had thick blond hair. Take lots of pictures, lots of video, they grow up fast!

My sister called me yesterday to say they are not coming to spend the holidays. I haven't seen them since last summer. I was reallly looking forward to seeing them (we haven't been able to spend the holidays together since 1999) I am trying to be understanding about it, but I am very disappointed...

Have a good weekend everyone, I am going to clean, clean, clean.... it will be good therapy! Time to put on my happy face! Put up the tree and try to recapture the holiday spirit.

o

fcoffill, I am sorry to hear your sister won't make it! My step brother and his wife won't be there for our holiday, and probably not my step sister and her family, but I can't say I'm disappointed about that. (Isn't that terrible?!) So far though, my sisters have always been there, so I can't imagine having them not there!

I too have the super straight hair! Mine isn't very fine, thank goodness, but it has no body. Well, okay, when it is a certain length, kind of between my ears and my shoulders, it does have a tendency to flip out, which as always driven me nuts. You have no idea how I would try to undo that flip in high school. Now, I just accept it as my hair, but boy did it irritate me back then! I permed it once, but it never looked the way I thought it should then either, so I never did that again. But, I have certainly used a LOT of different conditioners and creams, and mousses and all different things trying to give my hair some body!

o

Frances I am sorry your sister won't be able to make it for the holidays.

Terri, I greatly understand what its like to have stick straight super fine hair! Mine is so baby fine that even to get a perm I have to get an air perm because the regular perms would have to sit too long in my hair just to get a weak wave! Then with all of this humidity around here this baby hair doesn't even hold a curl from rollers or an iron sheesh, needless to say I have it up most of the time.

Alan was mistaken for a little girl all the time, he has the biggest bluest eyes and had tons of golden curls on the back of his head but just gold waves on the front. He cried and wanted his curls back everytime we would cut them off (haircuts). We have lots of ziplock baggies of his curls in his baby book! He was just such a pretty little boy lol.

Fox and I went out to eat last night, we started out to Fazio's (Italian) but ended up at Cassidores (mexican) lol. It was very good, seemed we ran into lots of people we knew, including Alan and his "Katie". We had a wonderful mean and very enjoyable evening, just sat there relaxing and talking and of course eavesdropping on the people seated at the table next to us. It was such a pretty evening that we chose to eat on the terrace.

I hope everyone has a great day!

o

Hello Pixie;
It is 25 degrees here and was snowing and raining last night. I can not imagine sitting on a patio eating this time of year. Oh well, we might have a white christmas and you won't.
diene

o

lol Diene, hopefully you will have a white Christmas (if thats what you wish for) and we will have a dry one. It was in the low 80's here today, tonights low is to be around 601-65. What is bad here right now is the FOG its horrible in the mornings, burns off around 11 am.

AS long as we have a dry sunny Christmas I really don't mind it being cold but here cold,dry and sunny are never used in the same sentence by the weatherpeople!

o

Ah, memories! Sitting on the terrace! Haven't been able to sit outdoors for weeks now! Even when the sun is out we have had strong, cold winds blowing constantly. Stings the cheeks! We will be having snow for the next 5 days. We have an Alberta Clipper coming down from Canada next week. Better make sure I have all of my ice scrapers in the cars and shovels at the ready. When Alberta comes knocking we get a good 8+ inches of snow! HO HO HO!

Frances, I am sad that your sister won't be able to visit you for the holidays. If Christmas can't come to you then I say hop in the car and go get Christmas. Is there a possibility that you can go to stay with them?

o

ya know I have watched the weather and can see that brrrr COLD front coming down from Canada, they say it won't hit us but for NEXT weekend its supposed to get cold here. Zip code is 77493 for those that have weatherbug. Sometimes its very hard to even think of it being Christmas time here (remember I am a military brat). But oh well how many friends do ya have that can wear shorts on Christmas or the days preceeding Christmas. Its no wonder that we don't put away summer clothes.

o

lots of people do where shorts here at Chrismas.... but I have always thought they are just showing off! lol

It was in the 50's yeasterday, I mowed the back lawn. (the grass hasn't really grown, I was just chopping leaves. I miss snow at the holidays... not big drifts to shovel out of the drive, just a nice clean white blanket and some fat flakes for atmosphere.

Pixie I would love to visit my sister, but DH can't get away from work at the Holidays (works in Retail) he's lucky to get a day off between Halloween and Christmas. Poor man is exhausted. I will survive. We will conference call... and look forward to next year!

My middle brother had blond curls (actually still does) as a baby, we used to dress him up and push him around the neighborhood in a pram. We all cried when dad took him to the barber for the first time....

Just didn't seem fair, bald little girls and boys with golden tresses...

o

Hi Ladies,

I will be posting partners on Monday. I have sent emails to those that I haven't heard responses from just to make sure they are still interested in this swap. If ya'll don't mind please put a lil note on here between now and Monday evening confirming that you are still interested. I am pretty sure of everyone but two but just to make sure, ya know.

Good dreams ma dear friends (ok so what does the Pix think about when she lays down to sleep????) (answer that and I'll send a special prize!)

Niters,
Pixie

o

Hi Pixie

I would guess (in spite of those michievous pixie ways) that she thinks of her children as she lays down to sleep.

Frances

o

Trina - I'm still in!

I'll guess you think about being outside surrounded by nature and feeling totally free or worries and sadness. Thinking about total peace is a wondeful way to fall asleep for me.

o

Good Morning! Frances, my hat is off to your hubby! I worked in retail through many Christmas Seasons and know how tired and worn out he must be every evening when he comes home. Thank goodness I am one of the civilians now! LOL! I try to make an effort to get the cashiers to smile a little after waiting on all of the hardcore shoppers. It is always nice when they chear up and give a Merry Christmas as I walk away.

Miss Pixie, I think that pixies count their blessing and say prayers for all of their wee little friends and kiddos, furry and the people kind.

o

I'm still in! Love reading about everyone! Galium-my heart goes out to you! Hope it can be controlled well with meds!
Have a great day everyone! Melinda

o

Tracy, I do believe it gets worse every year. Marketing people who work nice 9-5 jobs have great ideas for openning early and closing late (yes I do know the preasure they are under to increase sales) but they just don't seem to reallise how difficult it is to get people who want to work those hours! The hard working ones work harder and the others ones don't.

I cheer every cashier and sales person that can manage to smile in this season...

Happy Sunday!
frances

o

I'm still in. Somebody has been stealing about 4 hours from my day every day lately so I don't get on here so much right now, but I'm here and need this swap. :-)

o

'Tis the Season to be Decorating, Baking, Cooking, Shopping, Partying, Singing, & Wrapping! Falalalala lalalala!

Terri, I know just what you mean! LOL! I pop in here for a 5 minute break! I just finished decorating my front porch with evergreen roping and big red and gold puffy bows. Now I need to make something up for the lamp post. Falalalala lalalala!

Frances, I was a manager back in the day and had to be the bad guy to tell the workers what upper management decided to do to us during the holidays. Front line grinch is how they all saw me. Early openings with later and later closings. I can't imagine how the retailers are coping with these insane doors opening at 6am and closing at midnight or later.

o

Hello Pixie;
I'm in. Thanks diene

o

Hi Ladies, Thanks for letting me know that everyone is still in. Fox drew names already wink wink but I am going to wait a lil bit to post them.

For all that answered the pixie question last night a surprise will be awaiting you sometime this week. This pixie thinks about everything (ya know the saying "you think too much?" well that shoe fits me!)

I haven't felt very well today, YUCKY but not sick if ya know what I mean. I have been just laying around not doing anything at all.

I will be back on soon.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

I'm still in. Christmas time is so special.
Jeanne

o

Aw, Pix, I hope you are feeling a little better. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Pix, feel better girl, we'll be waiting:) Patiently......

LOL, this is me! Hurting here...but I'll be ok. I never got it through my head that me & ladders don't like each other:(

o

Sassy, Oh NO! You poor girl! I hope you didn't get hurt too badly! Ladders and I aren't friends either. I don't go higher than the 2nd rung! NUH UH! No how!

o

Eeeek! Ms. Sassy, are you OK???

o

We lost electricity until 4am last night with that nasty storm that blew in from the west. We had 50mph winds and rain, sleet, snow, lightning, thunder! The Works! I think someone ordered up a storm with everything on it! this morning we have a petty coating of ice and snow. It is still gently falling down on my freshly decorated front porch! What timing! The roping and bows looks so pretty with the snow sitting on top!

o

Oh, Tracy - I'm sorry to hear about that! Cold!!! Here I was worried about the power, and you are the one that lost it! At least it looks pretty, huh? Stay safe, sweetie!
Becki

o

hmmm....

Storm with the works!

I think that would be me..... sorry about that, but we're do for just about anything wet....

Glad to hear you survived! (It helps that snow makes the decorations look nice)

o

OK, this morning the snow was pretty, now the wind kicked back up and is turning the snow into little tiny frozen missiles. Frances, please order the storms to come with 50 degree temperatures! Please? Pretty Please?

Becki, it wasn't too bad last night. We were all snuggled up under blankets in the living room by the fire. That storm was pretty wicked. I can see exactly why you were so concerned about Dave driving home in all that. The winds were blowing my van around today when I drove Dan to school, I can't imagine driving a bigger truck through that. We have a few more days of this and then the Alberta Clipper is coming to visit!

o

Afternoon Ladies,

Sassy I hope you didn't hurt yourself bad sweetie!!!

Tracy YUCKIE on that storm sheesh! Here the weather was low 80's yesterday and WOW today the high is just to get to the mid 50's! (WAS NOT EXPECTING THIS!!!) It is very pretty and sunny outside though but sheesh kinda a tad on the cold side for me!

Double checked my list and have to redo it real quickly so going to post partners At 2.30 Central time.

Smiles,
confused Pixie

o
partner list

ok Im ready, sheesh I HATE MATH!!!! My confusion stemmed to not realizing that ya can't split 17 in half equally DUHHHH TRINA!!!

Here are the partners...

Tracy to Becky (Ramazz)
Mariann to Frances
Monica to Sassy
Sassy to Brenda
Frances to Beckiluv
Terri to Melissa
Melissa to Moonphase
Anita to Terri
Jeanne to Flora26 (Jenn)
Melinda to Monica
Moonphase to Melinda
Becki to Jeanne
Diene to Pixie
Brenda to Traci
Jenn to Diene
Pixie to Marianne & Anita

Please let me know if I have missed someone, I hope notttt.

Smiles and have fun
Pixie

o
The list

laughing out loud! Please don't cut me in half! Trina, you don't have to send to 2 people. You have a list of 17 people. Put 17 names in a hat and draw one and then that goes to the person at the top of the list and do the same thing running all the way through the list. It works out just fine.

o
scratch that first list

OK so today is Blonde Pixie day, Forget the above list, just ignore it completely. lol ok going to do this right this time.

Thanks Tracy sweetie lol.

BRB with the GOOD LIST

o
Good List of Partners

lol hey it worked!!! Ok let me explain, the first list that fox did confused me big time sorry about passing that confusion on.

THIS IS THE GOOD LIST

Traci to Jeanne
Marianne to Beckiluv
Monica to Terri
Frances to Traci
Sassy to Melinda
Melissa to Flora26 (Jenn)
Terri to Sassy
Anita to Mariann
Jeanne to Brenda
Melinda to Frances
Brenda to Becky (Ramazz)
Jenn to Anita
Moonphase to Melissa
Beckiluv to Diene
Diene to Pixie
Becky (Ramazz) to Monica
Pixie to Moonphase

OK PLEASE let me know if I left anyone off.

Smiles,
Pixie

o

Jeanne, I can't wait to send you some Christmas Blessings and good luck to your Gardens! Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o

Pix, feel better girl, we'll be waiting:) Patiently......

LOL, this is me! Hurting here...but I'll be ok. I never got it through my head that me & ladders don't like each other:(

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here