Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
galium_gw

Update: 2006 Vegetable, Herb and Fruit Seed RR

galium
17 years ago

2006 Vegetable, Herb and Fruit Seed RR Is In Flight

The Envelope containing 30 packets of Burpee seeds is in flight. All packets have a minimum of 15 and usually more seeds. The Envelope will also include a copy of this post, addressed self-stick mailing labels and blank labels to cover the last postage stamp. There is also a list of players numbered 1-15 and this is the order in which the Envelope will be mailed.

When you receive the Envelope please post. Take out as many packets as you wish and then replace with your packets. This ensures that there are always 30 packets in the Envelope. No more than 2 duplicates please. You may include bonus seeds if you wish.

Cross your name off the list and send the Envelope to the next person. It is important that you include a Tracking/Confirmation # with your postage. Leave my return address on the Envelope so that it will come back to me if lost. Post the Tracking/Conformation # and the name of the person you are sending it to.

The Envelope will be circling the USA and we need to keep track of it.

The following is a list of players and the order in which they will receive the Envelope.

Wendey-wendezee

Elizabeth-zabecc

Maryanne-earthylydelights

Lisa-lisa627

Jenifer-jselwa

Deb-debyya

Nancy-cedarnest

Carol-prairiewinds

Carol-veeja11

Lelan-zztopsoil

Mildred-millybug

Brenda-mimib1

Jules-klickitat

Beth-beth b kodiak

Mariann-galium

I can't wait to see what varieties of seeds I get back. Thank all of you for participating in my first RR.

Mariann

Comments (86)

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Nancy...
    Mariann

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

nice to see that this one is really moving smoothly and quickly!

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We are doing great. Almost half way through already.

• prairiewinds
    17 years ago

Package arrived yesterday. Reviewed it this morning and it's back in the mail today. I'd get you the confirmation number but it's -11 outside and I just can't brave that nasty weather again to get out to my truck. Thanks again Mariann! There was a wonderful selection.

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carol (prairiewinds) did you manage to get the robin in the mail? 11 degrees burrr... I'd be under the covers. LOL

Mariann

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

NOTE

If anyone notices numerous pkts. of the same type of seed please try not to add any more. Whenever possible add something different from what is already there. I don't need 15 pkts. of Basil. The original RR contained 30 pkts. of seeds that were all different.

Thanks,
    Mariann

• klickitat
    17 years ago

When you say duplicate seeds, are we talking about (for example) multiple varieties of basil or many packs of the same type of basil? I certainly don't mind having a unique choice of plants to dig through.

I'm down at the bottom of the list and hope there will be something to choose from. I have a nice selection of seeds to offer, but what I put in will certainly depend upon what is left to take out.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Sounds like this was mailed last Thursday. Carol have you seen the birdie yet?
    I want to order some tomatoe seeds and am trying to hold off until I see what is in this RR.
    Hopeing to catch a worm or two ;o)

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I've emailed Carol (prairewinds) but haven't received a response. I am hoping she just forgot to post the DC#. I will email her again tomorrow.
    Mariann

• veeja11
    17 years ago

she arrived late yesterday, will fly today, fat birdie. you can't take seeds from a cherry or apple and plant them and get a tree, for whoever put them in. squash seeds cross easily so it is hard to guarantee variety unless they are commercial seeds just a little info. hugs carol

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hey Carol. I grew up in a farmhouse that had ONE cherry tree when I was little. By the time I moved away there was a whole line of them along the fence.Seems the birds sat there to eat them and planted them for us. They were plain old sour cherries but made mighty nice pies.
    Hybrids will probably NOT do that and besides it takes YEARS. Not many of us are that patient anymore.
    Glad to see this birdie moving I'm getting anxious.

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Glad the robin reached you Carol (veeha11).

Note For Reference:
    You can depend on Hybrid and Variety seeds to breed true to their name if they are Commercial. Open Pollinated seeds are less dependable especially cucurbits, ie. squash, melons, cucumbers, etc. The exception here are Heirloom seeds which are open pollinated and are usually passed down through generations.

Thanks,
    Mariann

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Okay what I meant to say is hybrids won't come true to seed,heirlooms or wild ones generally will. It would be nice if you could buy an apple at the store, save the seeds and get a red delicious tree. Robin is on it's way to ZZ confirmation # 03061070000251407754. Thankyou Marianne for a fun robin. I was just tring to let the person who put in apple and black cherry seeds that she probably won't get trees of these varieties from these. thankyou hugs

• zztopsoil
    17 years ago

"Thanks Carol"...The Robin Arrived Today.
    Going through it Tonight and See What I Might Need.
    I Will Have it on it's Way to Mildred in Texas on Monday.
    I Will Post the Delivery Confirmation Number on Monday After I Mail the Package.
    "Thanks Everyone".. :0)

• millybug
    17 years ago

Hey Lelan,
    Will be watching for it.
    I am really excited !!!
    Will let you know when it gets here
    & get it back out ASAP.
    Mildred

• zztopsoil
    17 years ago

OK Mildred and Everyone.
    The Delivery Confirmation Number is:
    0304 1560 0000 9082 9052
    The Robin is Going into the University Mail Here Today
    I Added 30 Seed Packets...24 of them Being Varieties of Heirloom Tomatoes...All Different Sizes and Colors.

Everyone Have a Great Summer Garden!
    Enjoy!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

dang, 24 different tomatoes???? baaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaa (i'm crying) i should have been following the TOPSOIL!

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm really looking forward to getting this robin back. I may have to extend my garden though. You ladies are doing a great job.

Thanks,
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

24 different tomatoes! Wow zztopsoil, nice selection!

• zztopsoil
    17 years ago

I've Got to Change the Delivery Confirmation Number.
    It is Now... 0103 8555 7499 5588 2260
    The University Post Office Computer Would Not Accept the Other One.
    Sorry for the Mix-Up.

Oh and Mariann...
    Not All of Us are Ladies ;0)

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Color me red then......

Mariann

• klickitat
    17 years ago
  • beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Whoooo tomatoes, I can hardly wait.I'm thinking if I could only have one thing in the garden It would have to be a tomato or tomatoes.
    Only three more people and then it comes to ME!!! Yeahooo!
    Not very ladylike hun? But then my poor mother kept telling me that almost all her life. LOL

• millybug
    17 years ago

I am checking at the PO daily for Robin.
    Those tomatoes sound great !!!
    Have not tried Heirloom's. So will this year.
    Waiting Very Impatiently.
    Mildred

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

WhoooooooHooooo! I can't wait for it to get to me! After the post from Lelan, I went to the local feed & seed store and picked up more of their discarded "starter" plant trays so I can try some of those tomatoes. Looking forward to the Robin's arrival! (Looking forward to Spring too!)Brenda

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm excited about getting this robin back. Hope there are some heirlooms left. I think we all have spring fever.....

I'm going to Florida on Feb. 3rd for 2 weeks. I know you are all jealous. Depending on where this robin is Beth will keep an eye on things. I'll try and find a computer while I'm down there. Beth suggested a library. I know there is one near where I am staying hope they have Internet Access.

I've really enjoyed hosting this RR. As far as I'm concerned it has gone very well. I have made several notation posts I hope everyone has read them. All of you have made this a real pleasure.

Mariann

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Beth... good to know that you would like to grow tomatoes. I have a few that will go in the box and in your direction plus a bunch more. Looking forward to getting the box myself.

• millybug
    17 years ago

The Robin landed in my box Fri the 26th.
    There is a lot of "Good Stuff" in there.
    I will get it back into the mail on Mon.
    Brenda get ready -- it's flying your way!
    Mildred

• millybug
    17 years ago

Robin is in flight again.
    Con # is: 03041560000706250973.
    It has a nice verity -- I took a coule of your
    tomatoes, Lelan, & am really ancious to try them.
    I put in some extra wild lennon tree seed.
    It is such a pretty little tree & the lemmons
    are so good & so pretty on the tree.
    Wish every one could have one!
    Mildred

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

Wonderful Milly! I will be on the lookout! My seeds are all packed and ready to take a trip and my starter trays are ready for those who will be staying with me. Spring can't get here quick enough! Brenda

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

The Chubby Robin landed today. What a terrific assortment! I took out a few of Lelan's tomatoes, some Onion, Endive, Parsley, Fennel, Papaya, Mildred's Wild Lemon, and Gourd seeds. I put in the following: Jalapeno, Banana, & Cayenne Pepper, Egg Plant, Sweet, & Purple Basil, Watermelon, Dill, Carrots, Radishes, Cauliflower, and some climbing Spinach. I put 2 packs of most. There are still lots of tomatoes and lots of other great seeds to choose from. I will put Robin back into flight tomorrow to "Klickatat" (Jules) and will give you the confirmation number as soon as I get back from the post office. Marianne, thank you so much for hosting this RR and keeping us organized. Let me know when you host another. Brenda

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Brenda
    This robin is getting closer to me. I guess I'll have to put in another veggie garden. I couldn't have asked for a nicer group to participate in my first RR.

As I said Beth is going to keep an eye on things here in case I can't find a computer in Florida. Of course there are only 2 players left before the robin returns to me. What a nice homecoming that will be.

Just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to all who have taken part. You've made this a fun and rewarding experience.

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics - MySpace Layouts

Mariann

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

It sounds like an exciting assortment of seeds. I've been anxiously waiting to see what kind of tomatoes were there but it sounds like lots and lots of fun things are in the robbin. I can hardly wait and it's getting closer.
    Beth

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

Okay........I goofed........and I am very sorry.... Hopefully, there will be no problem...This morning I got a call from Darling Son who needed me to babysit ailing Darling Granddaughter.....Of course, I said 'sure'. Darling Hubby offered to take my package to the post office and again, I said 'sure'. Well, he mailed it to (klickitat) Jules but forgot to get a confirmation number. I am sooooo sorry. You get into the habit of doing things a certain way and forget to give very explicit instructions when you allow someone else to help!!! I will stay on pins and needles until it arrives. Everyone, keep your fingers crossed and keep positive thoughts. Jules PLEASE let me know as soon as it arrives....Brenda

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Brenda, if I had sent my DH out to mail something he'd do the same thing. He needs explicit instructions too. I'm sure the robin will arrive safe and sound.

Mariann

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Fat robin did not arrive today. :( However, I'm hoping tomorrow will be the day. Saturday will not be as good as I work weekends and it won't be refilled and mailed until Monday.

I'll be sure to post its arrival and departure. Can't wait for it to arrive!!!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Ok, everyone. I managed to finally put all my seeds into bags. I snagged 20 seed packets and add in 23 of my own. They're on their way to Beth today. DC# 03051720000098458277

Great swap, Mariann!!!

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Beth did you get the robin yet? I am at the library. Thought I'd check in.

Sounds like everything is going well.

Mariann

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi mariann, just dropping in on this one to see if it had come back to you yet and to check on all those tomato seeds, not to mention all the others, but i think we all got a little excited about the tomatoes that lelan put in the box!

are you back from your trip yet?

maryanne

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Hi Mariann The robin is here and ready to come home whenever you are headed back. Or, I can just send it if you have a neighbor picking up the mail.
    It looks like everyone was excited about the tomatoe seeds from Lelan as there were very few left when it got here. I thought Lelan was putting some in with my name on them but when it arrived, the only tomatoes were "Gumdrop" and "Brandywine".
    It is a nice fat little bird. I took three packs of seeds and added some herbs and a couple tomatoes.
    She is ready to fly home as soon as the coop is ready
    Thanks for a nice robin Mariann

• zztopsoil
    17 years ago

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...LADIEScolor> :^)size>

THIS IS NOT A GENERAL OFFERING TO EVERYONE.
    This is an Offering to ALL Participants in the Vegetable, Herb and Fruit Seed Round-Robin Only.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...
    May You Have 'Love Apples' in Your Mailboxes Soon.color> :^)size>

Lelan.

• zztopsoil
    17 years ago

See it Doesn't Pay to Try to Do HTML at 5:00am.
    Cupid Jumped Right on the Keyboard and Hit...
    the 'Submit Message' Button... :^)
    Then...I Went and Had a Couple Cups of Coffee.

I Guess My Valentine Surprise is Out of the Bag.
    LET US TRY THIS AGAIN

If You Would Like to Have Some Tomato Seeds...
    I Have a List of Varieties Available that I Will Offer to You All and...
    I Will Let You Choose 5(Five) Varieties Off the List.
    All You Have to Do is Send Me an E-Mail Asking to Receive the Tomato List.

If You Will Send Me Your List Back by E-Mail After You Choose and then Send Me a 39¢ Self Addressed Stamped Envelope...
    I Will Send You Your Tomato Seed Varieties that You Have Chosen Back by Return Mail.
    I Will Send My Address to You for Mailing After You Make Your Selections and Send Them Back to Me by E-Mail.

THIS IS NOT A GENERAL OFFERING TO EVERYONE.
    This is an Offering to ALL Participants in the Vegetable, Herb and Fruit Seed Round-Robin Only.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!color>size>

Lelan.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Lelan,
    Thank you so much for the offer! I'm sending you an email.

Deb

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Lelan, that is so generous and kind of you, I will definitely be sending you an email!!!
    -Elizabeth

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ALL!!!

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Thank you, Lelan! Email heading out to you.

Happy Valentine's Day, all! {{gwi:1307732}}

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Lelan I'll send you an envelope in tomorrow's mail. Need the address and thanks so much for the kind and generous offer
    Cupid jumped on the keyboard Hun? That's different but very interesting.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Leland that is so sweet and generous of you.I will send you an email. Thanks!
    Nancy

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Mariann,
    I have sent the Robbin on home. Hope you are having a wonderful trip and enjoy the package full of seeds when you do get back home.
    Beth

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm back.

Beth I'll probably get the robin later on this week.

Lelan that is a wonderful and generous offer you're making. I really appreciate it. Sent you an email.

Thanks again everyone. I'm looking forward to receiving the robin back home.

Mariann

PS-I had a great time........

• galium
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The fat robin landed on my door step today. There was a great selection of seeds. Most of them I don't have. Told my DH he would have to enlarge the veg. garden.

Thanks again everyone who participated.

Mariann