Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
UPDATE: 5th Annual Rare-Unusual-Named Variety Seed Exchange

Posted by julie_mn z4 MN Henn (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 24, 08 at 6:59

This exchange is now closed for signing up for this year- You can look for this exchange just about the same time next year.
For those of you signed on- please use this update forum for new and chats and so forth ;*)

Thanks- Julie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: 5th Annual Rare-Unusual-Named Variety Seed Exchange

My package is on the way. Thanks again!

Jeanne

o

I mailed my seeds today. Thanks for organizing the swap Julie.

Maria

o

Dear Julie,

Sent the hubby off to the post office today with my "loot" for the swap - he says he is adding shipping clerk to his job description!

Thanks so much for all the work you put into this swap. Five years running is a huge effort and we all appreciate it.

Nancy

o

My seeds are on the way.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

Louise

o

Hi there-
I received more seeds yesterday from Nuthatch_MO - SueCIrish - and Janine! I think this will be one busy week here!

Julie

o

Hi Julie!
I'm sending my seeds today. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Monica

o

My seeds went out today. Sorry to be so slow! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Becky

o

So Julie--did I mess up and send twice? AGGGGHHHHH!! If so, just distribute equitably...I'm too stressed at this point...sorry--Susan

o

Julie,
I mailed my seeds out today.
Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

o

Hey there ShadySide/Susan-
Naw- I only have one package from you- (so far)!!
Suecirish is another player signed up in this exchange- I received her seeds yesterday 11/24- I got your seeds 11/22.
So far we are all good!
If I have not received seeds- or otherwise heard from folks by the end of the weekend I will send out e-mails to find out if life has gotten in the way of this swap for a few folks- but so far it seems like everyone who has signed on is still participating. I will keep you posted!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday-
With gratitude-
Julie

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 25, 08 at 21:41

Hi!

I will be mailing my seeds out tomorrow. Thanks for hosting Julie!

Rhonda

o

I still plan on mailing my seeds...I have them all ready just gotta get to the PO.

Kym

o

I am still in but barely! My seeds won't be going out until the 29th. Haven't had the time to finish them all. Thanks, Melinda

o

Hi there-

2 more envelopes today!
Nan6161 - and Mia_R - your seeds have arrived safely!

Please- don't worry about rushing through your holiday to send out seeds- Enjoy your families- enjoy your seed sifting- keep us posted how things are going. We don't want to get too far behind- but there sure is space for a little "wiggle" room!

o

Hi there-
4 more envelopes arrived yesterday=
ChellFlower, PoisionDartFrog, Esiuol, and Jeanne!! Your seeds have all arrived safely!
Looks like I will be having another busy weekend sorting and such!!
Julie

o

Hey Julie,

My package was mailed out yesterday. Thanks!

Lisa

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 29, 08 at 13:39

I did it!! I got the pkg. mailed. I included 45 assorted pkgs. of tomatoes and at least 45 flower/other seed pkgs. for general distribution. Plus the amount attached to names had to have been at least 50. Now I'm out of paper pkts. again, lol. It was worth the work. I always enjoy this swap. : )
Remy

o

Whew- only one envelope today! Mommyto2, your seeds have arrived safely!
We have sun and almost 40 degrees today- I guess I better enjoy the sun while I can!! Hmmm.... maybe there are a few seeds left to harvest.....

o

Hi again folks!
There were more seeds to harvest out in the yard!! I think I have gotten most of them collected now-
We have 3 more arrivals here today-
LindaLana, Lisa_627 and Ramazz! Your seeds have all arrived safely!
I did send out a note to some folks I have not heard from for a bit- and as suspected- Life has re-arranged the focus for some who have signed up. Most will be sending in seeds- hopefully this week.
NatureNut_OH has excused herself from this year's exchange. She does have a few thoughtful selections already sent in to her in her folder here that I would like to send on to her. I have her address from last year. There are plenty of unassigned seeds to go around- no one will be shorted- If there are no objections- I will send them on when I send out all of the seeds. Send me a note privately if you want your selection to NatureNut to go elsewhere.
I have had to expand my files into another laundry basket- 1 for each persons folders- and another to hold the unassigned expanding file! This is looking good folks!

Julie

o

Hello again-
We have 2 more arrivals- Remy and George- your seeds have arrived safely!
I have also heard from SandLapperRose who has also excused herself from this swap. I propose that we send on the selections sent in for her as well- If you want to do otherwise with your selections sent to her- Please let me know- as above. There are plenty of seeds to cover these- No one will be shorted their seeds due.
I have yet to hear from 2 other players- I will continue to try to reach them as other folks seeds are still arriving.
Thanks-

Julie

o

Julie

As you know, I will be bringing my seeds over shortly.

See you soon!
Sandy

o

Hi Julie,

Now I don't mean this to be rushing you in ANY way so please don't take it as that =) But when should we start expecting packages back? I know it will be awhile since you are so inundated right now! But I am just sooo excited that I can hardly wait!! The anticipation is killing me! =P

Sorry if you've already answered that earlier in a thread and I missed it!

Lori

o

Hey there-
I have another arrival today! R Brady- your seeds have arrived safely!
By last count, we still have 8 more envelopes still heading this way- that is not counting the 4 signed up from the local crew, my garden buddies (Thank you guys!), who come over to help sort.
Yep Lori- I am really excited too!! I love to pack up the seeds and send them back home knowing how much they are looked forward to- It is such a great present we give each other and ourselves when we sign up!!
But- knowing that this swap has always taken place over and through the holidays- I have learned to allow myself- and you all when needed- a little time for seeds to arrive and for me and my garden buds time to sort well- and still find time to work full time and do all- ah well, most all of the other holiday stuff too. I had posted, way back in the beginning, that I planned to send after the holidays. I do hope you can wait it out just a little longer.... I bet it will be worth it!!
Last year I was able to get the envelopes all out before the holidays- and I will try to again- but there is just no way to tell yet when I might get close to finished when I can't really start the BIG sorting yet till all the seeds arrive. That's when the fun really begins!!

Julie

o

Julie,

Thanks for the update! If it's after the holidays, that just gives me something more to look forward to after the fun of Christmas is over and gray January sets in... I am in the midst of a Secret Santa swap at the moment, so I'm busy with that right now anyways. I'm just excited to see how this one turns out, it's my first year trading, and round robin trading is fun for the surprise of it!

Lori

o

Julie, I got my seeds off to you this week. Hope they are "special" enough -- they are special to me and hope someone will start them!

I don't think I included enough postage in the envelope and forgot the extra for the confirmation so I'll be sending you letter - last week was crazy at work and at home!

Thanks for hosting this.

Sue g.

o

Julie, my seeds will be in the mail in the morning..I am sorry for the delay..got a bit hung up in the swap I am holding...I dont have a list inside as I dont have a printer..but all else is there.

thanks

Kym

o

I sent my seeds this am. I sent priority and got dc#. If you need it I will email it to you! My Dad took it for me and it's in the car. But they should be there in a day or so. Thanks,Melinda

o

Hi there!
I have received a few more envelopes- ATravers- EJMoore- SGuanzon- ThreeShyAcres, your seeds have arrived safely!
Thanks Sue for catching the postage and for sending in the extra for the conformation on the return envelope.
We have 2 more envelopes on the way- and 2 people left to hear more from- I will send another e-mail out tonight to them.
I think I will be having the first sorting round this weekend - This is when the fun really begins!! You all have sent in some very wonderful seeds! There should be some very pleasant surprises returned to you all!

Julie

o

I am going to Julie's this weekend to help sort seeds. I have found some seeds that some of you have on your want lists. Please let me know if you want to request anything on my trade list.

Bobbie

o

Darn, I forgot about the confirmation amount. I sent 7 stamps in there so you can keep the extras for the difference. Do you want us to mail you the amount now, I can do that! Melinda

o

Thu, Dec 11, 08 at 19:21

Julie,
Melinda's post reminded me, I put extra postage in the envelope to (hopefully) cover the cost of a DC. If you run short, don't worry about it!
Remy

o

Hey there-
I Love FARAC- Your seeds have arrived safely! I also received a note+ from SandLapperRose!
I am expecting only one more envelope to arrive from flowers4ever- I hope it arrives today!!
I am getting the place ready for FULL TILT sorting come tomorrow morning! Getting the leaves for the table out- snackables- a warm meal and bevs - and plenty of books for references!
I do wish you all could come over to help sort! It is a big task- but it is really FUN to see all the seeds- and the packets- and how much thought and care is put into every envelope sent and received!
Thanks for the thoughts about the extra postage- but I will make do with what has been sent. Just like with the seeds- some folks send an extra large surplus- I have been both short and over in the past- I have sent the overage on to other hostess in other swaps- It will work out just fine the way it is. ;*)

Julie

o

Wow Julie, I wish I could be there! It sounds like tons of fun =) I wish I knew more local gardeners who liked getting together and looking at seeds... lol!

Now that I'm more familiar with the round robins, and seeing hosts make comments like "no more than 200 packs of seeds, please" (OH MY GOSH), I am thinking my 30 or so is pretty weak! Oh well, hopefully next year I can do more!

Lori

o

Well, I was one of the lucky ones that spent the day (Sat) with Julie and a few other MN gardeners sorting seeds, stuffing return envies, going to computer to look a seed up, checking refernce books, enjoying good conversation, and scrumptious food!

Thanks Julie for opening up your house for an entire day of fun. Still some sorting and stuffing to do, but it's close!

Sandy

o

Hey there-

WHEW!! What a great day yesterday was!!
MNWSGAL, TAMMYMN, SANDY'SGARDEN and LEFTWOOD came over as they were able and stayed as long as they could- and sorted- sorted sorted!! We put a HUGE dent in the folders!! Almost everyone's folder is full to overflowing!! YEAH!!!! Thank you so much for helping to find so many wonderful treasures in that big pile of seeds!! I do hope your heads are no longer swimming with seed names and zones and who wanted what- and "OH- here is (what ever seed it was)- Now- who wanted that???"

A big thank you goes to all you folks who sent in those treasures for each other! You really choose well!

I will be tweaking these folders a bit while I wait for flwrs4ever's envelope to arrive- I will make final sort after that and toss in the additions of surplus, you know, the packets everyone tends to send in- a few years back it was spilanthes!!!- every one received some that year!! It is funny how "The Most Sent in Type of Seed" changes every year!

Lori, do not feel pressured in any way to try to send in MORE seeds- just to send in more! 30 thoughtful selections is really worth It's weight in gold- for the sorters and especially for those you are choosing for! As many hosts have said, is is very difficult to find 200+ different seeds to send back to some one- let alone 200+ seeds they may actually want!! As your gardens grow- so will your seed harvest- and your seed addiction! You will be surprised how soon it will be when you are sending in many more seeds than you actually want back and then sending the surplus on to Bakemom for the newbie project- and Trudi for WinterSowing and to anyone else that will have them!

I met my dear GW garden friends at GW posted local swaps. We would chat in the MN forum, and every spring and fall we have a MN GardenWeb plant swap at a members garden. We bring plants and food and garden related stuff and more food and pictures, and more food and make a day of it! It is great fun! I would suggest that if your state- or even a neighboring state has a forum- try drumming up interest in a plant swap for this spring! You might be amazed at how well it will be received and just how far people will travel to be able to share their way too many wintersown seedlings and divided established plants for others equally loved and shared treasures! You might even have to start up a local WinterBlues seed swap for those "seedy" characters to get together in the long cold winter to swap seeds and share wintersowing tips and tricks!

I guess I had better try to get the dining room back in some semblance of order- there are baggies, scratch papers, seed folders and envelopes everywhere! ;-)

Till later-

Julie

o

I had a great day with Julie, Tammy, Sandy, and Rick and all your seeds. Thanks to you all for sending in such wonderful seeds. A special thank you to those sending specific seeds for my gardens. When I went through those there was lots of "oohs, and ahhs, and great, just what I wanted!" I think Julie delights in hearing those comments as when we got right down to work she kept prodding us to "look in your file". The first file I did was a large one and every now and then Julie would say, "Have you looked in your file yet?" She could hardly wait for me to finish that first file.

Julie is right that after the challenge and excitement of filling several large requests it is a relief to have a packet that needs only 20-30 more seeds from the general pile and knowing that a particular seed for that person is in the general pile. So all sizes are appreciated and workable.

I went with lots of seeds to share and the intention of bringing home only a few but as we were sorting through the piles someone would say, "Oh you've got to try this one." or 'This one would be great in your garden." Now who can resist those comments. LOL, certainly not I.

Thanks, Julie, for hosting and letting me share in the sorting and all the good food and conversation.

I have also made new gardening friends through our local swaps and enjoy talking about seeds and plants and gradens with friends who don't shake their heads, look away with a smile or think I'm obsessed. Of course, I AM obsessed, but so are all my swap friends and we love it and love sharing that obsession with each other.

Bobbie

o

Sun, Dec 14, 08 at 21:05

It sounds like you all had a great time! I wish I could be there too. We do have a local plant swap/party here in the spring, and it is lots of fun. We've been doing it for 5 years now. I also host the tomato party in the fall. People from GW and an unmentionable site come to that. It is great.
My husband Gary and I are still planning to go to Minnesota one of these years. Who knows maybe this year. He loves Garrison Keillor. If you like Prairie Home Companion, you might understand why Gary has referred to me as Irene Bunsen more than a few times, and when we met Garrison Keillor, he signed his book to me "To the Upstate NY Tomato Queen" lol. I of course want to go to the arboretum and/or whatever other garden related things I should see. So if we ever do go, maybe some of you all can meet me to go, because Gary would be a drag, lol.
Remy

o

Would love to meet you, Remy, and vist the arb which is one of my favorite MN places. Each Mother's Day DH & I go to the arb plant sale then walk around and later have our first picnic of the year atop one of the hills. Can be a bit cool and often windy. It's fun to watch colorful kites swirling through the air or see a family playing soccer or catch. Sometimes we eat quickly as snowflakes flutter around and upon us.

We snickered as we sorted through some of the tomato varieties you sent. I chose White Rabbit cause if i'm going to have a rabbit in my veg bed it'd better be one I can eat!

o

Bumping up!!

o

please....tell me you recd my seeds...been worried !!

Thanks to all that sent in seeds.

Tammy, I owe you some seeds...I will email you to get an address to mail them to, I saw them here after I sent the envie.

Kym

o

Hi there Kym-

Yes!!- your seeds were here when I got home yesterday! YEAH!!

I have been sorting and tweaking of seeds and return packets- I think I am half way there already! I will let you know when I get close to bringing them post office.

I do have some holiday preparations and celebrations that need to be attended to so it may be a few days yet before I get close to sending-

Julie

o

Hi there-
I wanted to let you know that I went to the post office today- I did get at least 1/3rd of the envelopes in the mail- and am hoping to get the rest stuffed and mailed early in the week!
I do have the conformation #s if anyone becomes concerned about their envelope- Please post as you receive them if you are able. It is always nice to hear when the envelope has arrived home.
Thank you all for providing such wonderful seeds to share with each other- Thanks also to those of you who took the time to search out special selections for others. Thanks also to those of you who were able to share much more than you had hoped would be returned to you- All of the many thoughtful ways to care and give and share expressed through this exchange really make it a wonderful experience for me- and I do hope for you as well!

Julie

o

That is wonderful! Thanks for the work put into this swap! Very much appreciated! Melinda

o

Julie, how do you do it? I could never get a swap done right before the holidays. Kudos to you!

o

I just wanted to let you know that I got my seeds today. Thank you to everyone for the wonderful assortment and thank you to our host and every one who helped for sorting and getting these wonderful seeds to me. And Julie thank you for the invite to other swap.

Kris

o

Hi Julie!!!

I got my seeds!!! *jumping up and down* Thanks so much for all of your hard work :o) you sent me a wonderful selection and several most wanted seeds!!

Thanks to all of you guys that sent specially for me :o) I truly appreciate it!!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Monica

o

Hi Julie I recd my seeds today thanks sooo much !! thanks to all the helpers too....I felt so bad not being able to print off a list, and you still sent me some things I really wanted !!

Great swap...now if we can just get thru Christmas so I can start to WS !!!

Thanks so much to everyone that sent in seeds...I so appreciate them.

Happy Holidays to you all,

Kym

o

Hello Julie,

The seeds arrived today. The mailman had to stuff the envie in our box it was filled to capacity. LOL Sending hugs and many thanks to you and your helpers for sending along many wonderful seeds. I have to google some of them as I'm not familiar with them. Thank you for all your hard work. And thanks to everyone who shared their seeds.

Hope everyone has a happy holiday season and wonderful new year.

Maria

o

WOW!! The mail sure moves fast!!!!
It is great to hear that many of you have received your envelopes already!!
The rest went out in yesterday's mail- so they will shortly be arriving home to you!

o

Wonderful! Thanks again for the great job and quickness! It will be a great Christmas gift!!! Melinda

o

Hi,
received my seed package. Have not had time to go thru it yet. Thanks so much for all the hard work.
Nancy

o

Got my seeds this week! Yeah!!!!! Thanks so much for your time and trouble!

Happy Holidays!

Joan

o

My seeds came today! Thank you all so much! I barely participated in this swap because I was just finishing up with hosting the Theme Garden Seed Swap when this one began. However, I love the seeds that I received from Julie and the others.
Thank you for sharing with me and Merry Christmas!
Jeanne

o

I too am a receiver of great joy. Thanks to all you thought of me and Julie, you made it happen for us!
Thanks so much, Patty

o

Dear Julie,

Thank you so much for the incredible variety of seeds! Everyone was so thoughtful to include special seeds that I've been really wanting. This seed exchange continues to be the very, very best by far!

Again, thank you Julie and all the great traders for sending along such excellent offerings. Best wishes to everyone for wonderful holiday season and a very happy New Year.

Ann

o

My seeds came today, too. Thanks to you all! Happy Holidays.
janine

o

My seeds came yesterday...along with the envelope from the other seed exchange I was participating in...talk about being overwhelmed!! But in a good way. Thank you to Julie, all her helpers, and all of you who took the time to search others lists and fulfill wants. I'm thrilled. Thanks again--Susan

o

One word: WOW!
Julie(and Bobbie and other helpers,) thanks for all the work. I got home from visiting my family and found the envelope. What a great Christmas gift.
Again-- gardenweb people are definitely among the nicest people on the planet.
Many blessings to you all throughout out the new year!
Peace
George

o

Hi Julie! I received my seeds and I believe your swap still remains one of the best on GW! One of the nicest presents I received for Christmas was this envie of seeds...filled with so much thought and consideration for my want list! Thanks so much Julie for all of your hard work coordinating this swap and for taking time out of your busy schedule to bring so much joy to us all!

A special thanks also to MNWSGAL, TAMMYMN, SANDY'SGARDEN and LEFTWOOD for helping you sort (they deserve a pat on the back!) and also thanks so much to those who sent in seeds especially for me! Happy Holidays all....

Smiles - Lisa

o

This sounds like a great event! I read about this exchange when it was posted earlier and it sounded wonderful! I would love to hear a sampling of the seeds received. Most of the seeds I had were either unnamed or I was not sure if they were rare and/or unusual. As a result, I did not sign up. :) So this year I am watching and maybe next year I will be more prepared!

o

Hello Everyone!

Sorry to be so late, my seeds arrived before Christmas I haven't even had a chance to mor than take a quick look in the envelope! Thanks you to everyone Julie and helpers for your hard work getting this all done before the holidays! WOW!!!!

THanks you everyone who sent seeds specifically for me, I was grateful not to open a HUGE packet, it was perfect!

Thanks so much

Frances

o

My seeds arrived today! I can't wait to try everything! (I must admit, I am REALLY excited that Remy noticed the cut-short beans on my wish list and sent them in for me! Thanks Remy! Woohoo!) My garden is going to be so beautiful next year, thanks to everyone's generosity =)

I am so touched to see my name (well, gardenweb ID, lol!) on packets of seeds... it warms my heart that so many people thought of me specifically when they picked out their selections to send in. It really makes this such a great swap!

Thanks Julie for all your hard work!

Lori

o

Received my package today. What a delight! Thank you again everyone for your kindness and thoughtfulness! That is how are gardens built- with friendship and sharing...
Happy holidays!
Evonne, I received way too many seeds to list, but majority of the names could be found on my want list. People from this swap are really reading into what interests you most and send their seeds accordingly. My favorite kind of swap!

o

Fri, Dec 26, 08 at 17:47

Hi All,
Oh my what a pkg. I got delivered today!! Wow, I took a quick run through, and all I can say is I can't believe all the goodies. This swap always has the best seeds, but this year is even better than before, and I didn't think that was possible! Thank you everyone : )
I hope you all enjoy my seeds as much as I yours.

Lori,
You're welcome!

Julie and Helpers,
Thanks again for doing a great job! I know we all appreciate the thought you put into sorting all those seed packets.
Looking forward to next year,
Remy

o

One of my favorite parts of this swap is reading the thread once everyone posts that they've received their seeds and are happy with them. Julie does one heck of a job with this swap and I am lucky to spend a day with her and others to sort and pack envies. Also, for it to be such a great swap it means everyone has done a great job on sending in special wants for others and great seeds for us sorters to pick through and give to others. Everyone in the swap deserves a pat on the back.

Sandy

o

My package arrived today...I'm so thrilled!!!! I got many seeds from my want list...
Thanks Julie for hosting this swap and to all of those who helped her sort/send seeds. ....and a special thank you to those that sent in the seeds I recieved, especially the begonia, coleus & papaya seeds.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas Day...and have a Happy New Year!!!!
Chell
Chell

o

It is good to hear so many have their seeds already- and are pleased with the contents!
There were many who hand picked seeds for folks and sent them labeled- that is a real delight to the receiver- and very easy on us sorters here! There were many sent in for the general exchange that were easy to find on want lists as well- and there are those that were quite abundant and we all shared some! We here in MN all try to find just what each person wants- and may like - and we do try to do our best with what there is for everyone!
It seems most folks who sign up for this exchange look to please each other as best as they are able! We all help make it a great exchange!
We had over 2600 seed packets mailed in- and I couldn't say how many we MN folks added- An easy guess would be 100 to 200+ each- That is a whole bunch of seeds!
The 2 least amount of seeds sent in by participants were 5 and 8 very lovely packets- and the 2 who sent the most were over 300 packets!! They did not want me to count them- and they wanted MUCH less returned! Several folks this year found they had more to offer than they wanted returned- my heartfelt thanks to you folks who are so kind as to offer your abundant treasures to so many here! Your generosity was especially appreciated by me this year as I was not able to start as many plants nor gather as much of my own seeds this year.
Evonne- Some of the seeds in this swap ranged from more common blooms like Amaranthus 'Love Lies Bleeding'- 'Pygmy'- 'Hot Biscuits'- and several more named varieties (this years particular favorite to send in) to named Gallardias (the second favorite it seems) to Rudbeckia 'Goldstrum' and Marigold 'Tiger Eye', dianthus- petunias- salvias- To Impatiens namchabarwensis, that was only recently found (2003) in a remote canyon in Tibet - To the most beautiful seed I have ever seen- from the Bird of Paradise plant- with their shiny round black spheres with a ruffle of orange velvet skirting- To Gomphocarpus physocarpus (Hairy Balls Plant)and fern spoor- To Burpee Vegetable seed packets- to lovingly grown and harvested heirloom tomatoes and other edibles- to Southern Magnolia Tree Seeds- to Beauty Berry and Caryopteris shrubs- to Hand picked hosta seeds- and Japanese Roof Iris and Named Daylily seeds- to carefully selected lily crosses- From Cactus to Alpine- Native- to Tropical- to European- to African- to Asian.... Commercial to hand picked. There really is a HUGE mix of seeds sent in every year! I am always amazed at what passes through my fingers every year- and a part of me wishes I could grow at least one of each of them just to see what they would look like...
Thank goodness I know better!!

Julie

o

I just want to thank each and everyone who helped contribute seeds and those for all the work in distributing! I rec'd my package today and am amazed at the wonderful selection I rec'd!! I was thrilled with each and everyone! Now off to wintersow some of them! Thanks again for such a great swap! Melinda

o

Thank you so much for the wonderful package of seeds I received. I couldn't have asked for more if I had shopped for them myself. And thanks to those who marked seeds for me, they were much appreciated. I look forward to this trade again next year.

Thanks for all your hard work Julie. You did great!

Sue G.

o

Looking forward to next year's RUNV.
Thank you, Julie!

o

I received my seeds today - how wonderful! Thanks Julie and all the helpers. These are all terrific seeds. I thank everyone who sent seeds specifically designated for me, and I think all did a great job with the seeds that were chosen for sharing. I will definitely participate again next year!
Sue

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 27, 08 at 20:50

My seeds arrived today! I can not believe how many wonderful seeds I received! Thank you Julie and helpers for all your hard work, and thank you to everyone who sent seeds in for me. I love them all!

Thanks again!

Rhonda

o

My seeds arrived Wednesday I believe - my apologies for not speaking up sooner.. between the upcoming get-together plans and the tummy bug making its rounds here at the house I didn't get online but to check email. :P

But I am so grateful to all of you! You've come through once again to pare down my wish list with your bounty and your generosity. Thank you to all who shared your stash, whether any of it found its way to me or not; I appreciate the giving spirit. And thank you to all who found something for me, I am truly filled with joy at what I received and hope I can successfully grow it and pass it around next time! :]

Julie and elves, thank you so much for all your hard work. I'm glad you had a good time too.

Thanks again to everyone, and blessings to all in the New Year.

Terri :]

o

Mine arrived yesterday, I love it! Like everyone else has said, Julie and her helpers really did an excellent job, I'm honestly shocked at the percentage of seeds that I HAVE to sow! And a huge thanks to everyone for contributing such a wonderful selection of seeds.

This is the first time I've participated in this swap and I don't frequent this forum with much regularity so I'd sure appreciate an email when you start the next round.

Thank you SO much!
Jeanne

o

Dear Julie and "Seed Elves",

Well... SANTA has nothing on you guys!!!! I received sooo many seeds that I am excited about growing. Thank you so very much and have a happy and healthy new year!!!

Nancy

o

Hello Julie, MN sorters, and all gardeners!

I just received my bounty of seeds a few days back, probably just after Christmas...hurray! I am very pleased, as I always am, with the wonderful selection. Thanks so much!

Happy Holidays to everyone....

Sincerely,
Jodi B.

: )

o

Thank you to everyone for sending such wonderful seeds. I didn't receive them until now because our mail was on hold over the holidays. I really appreciate all the work you do on this swap, Julie. It is always my favorite Christmas present of the year.

Happy New Year,
Karin

o

Mine arrived today. What a lovely assortment of seeds. I am amazed by the range of types!
Thanks to Julie and friends, and to all the folks who sent in such beautiful selections!
Alana

o

I said THANK YOU to Julie and all those who helped to make this seed swap successful in another thread but I am leaving one here too just to show how grateful I am!
Happy New Year!
I am looking forward to the 2009 RUNV swap.
THANK YOU!

Dee

o

I just returned home after several days of traveling around to see family to a beautiful package of seeds - almost brought tears to my eyes, the thoughtful selections that were made for me. Some of the things included were plants I had wintersown previously, had in my yard, but didn't flower this year - so now I will be able to start them again in my new home.

Thank you so much Julie, Minnesota GW team, and all of you wonderful participants.

Happy New Year to all!

o

Dear Julie and Elves,

I received my wonderful seeds. Thanks so much for organizing this wonderful swap. Will start my winter sowing very soon.

Happy New Year to All!

Nancy
Peaches20

o

Good Morning All,
Happy New Year
I tried finding te original post for this and did not have any luck. This swap sounds interesting and I wondered if someone could explain the 'rules' to me. Hopefully this is something I could participate in next year.

thanks

o

Hey there ConnieSC-
I will post a link to this years original post-

Happy New Year!!!

Julie

Here is a link that might be useful: this years original post

o

Julie and everyone:

I have been out of town for a few days and my seeds were waiting when I got home. Thanks to everyone for the great selection of seeds and to Julie and friends for their hard work organizing, sorting and packing all of these seeds. Once again, I was surprised and pleased by all of the great stuff in my envelope.

Becky
ramazz

o

Happy New Year Everyone!!
Thank you all for the great seeds.

Julie, thanks again for hosting such a fun swap.

Happy Gardening!!

Louise

o

To those who received packets of veronica longifolia from Lindalana
it is the best name I could come up with after doing search of Chiltern catalog. Original seed was received in a mix and even that I consulted couple of people working in the horticultural business still no recognition with 100% certainty.
Plants themselves are very worthy to grow- 2-3 feet tall, with flowers similar to veronica/ veronicastrum, bloom very late summer early fall at same time with japanese anemones for good 4-5 weeks. Foliage has minty smell and deep tap root does not like transplant. Architectural, reseeds moderately, does not need support, strong stems, will take sun to part shade, plant it and forget it type of care.
If you figure out it is something else please let me know, that plant has been so uncommon I can not find any references ...

o

To those receiving dianthus 'Wee Willie' seeds from me,

I believe that the plant was mislabeled and these are dianthus 'Artic Fire' seeds. For years I have been calling them 'Wee Willie', glad to learn the correct name. Sorry for the mixup.

Bobbie

Here is a link that might be useful: Dianthus 'Wee Willie' (not)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here