Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmqchdygg

UPDATE: Pick-a-Seed has Split!

mmqchdygg
17 years ago

The Pick a Seed Robin will be Split!

Here's the scoop:

Robin splits at Lisa627. NO CHANGES TO ANY PLAYERS BEFORE LISA. You will receive the current Robin as-is, and send it according to the instructions you received in your snail-mail.

Lisa, I will send you some additional instructions, a second DC for Ginger, and we'll be good to go.

Red Robin continues on current path, stopping at Kimberly.

Kimberly, your DC will be changed to reflect returning the Robin to me.

The Blue Robin will be sent directly to Ginger, and continue to the end: Me.

Barbie, you will be put at the beginning of Round 2 (call it the end of Round 1 if you want), as well as in your usual spot within the Round, so you will NOT be missing a Round.

Round 2 will also be a split Robin. I will make every effort to equal out the two Robins with number of seeds and/or seed varieties. In cases where there aren't duplicates to put in each Robin, I'll just go by style & color and/or annual, perennial, veggie/herb. I'll make a new map for Round 2.

Here's a new map for the "Pick-Split"

{{gwi:1303618}}

Red Robin:

1. Daff_knee2000- Daphne
  2. Columbusgardener- Debbie C
  3. Skyblue52- Susan
  4. Msprettyky- Brenda J
  5. Simply_lisa- Lisa L
  6. Flowergardenlady- Jeanene
  7. Tinatn- Tina
  8. Daisydo- Joyce
  9. Mimib1- Brenda S
  10. Giverny4me- Susan
  11. Moonphase- Annette
  12. Lil_green_thumb- Kimberly

End: Mmqchdygg- Tina

Blue Robin:

1. Ggwrn- Ginger
  2. Antiquegardenfairy- Sandra
  3. Schmily- Ann
  4. Kayemell- Kristen

34b.Gardeningdummbie- EJ
  5. Dem_pa- Donald
  6. Jeanie74- Jeanie
  7. Gardenscout- Lauri
  8. Wendeyzee- Wendey
  9. Zabecc- Elizabeth
  10. Amy B
  11. Mmqchdygg- Tina
  12. Strmywthr3- Barbi (begins Round 2. I do not have the lists ready for R2 yet with new/deleted players. Later.)

Any questions? You know where to find me!

Comments (150)

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Marianne-
    refresh the page; your bookmark might not pick up the pic change.

• laperouse
    17 years ago

Tina,

Even when I log in from scratch it doesn't change. Not that it really matters much to me because I'm almost there (YEAHHHH).

We're doing our darndest on the blue robin to get it back to you fast, fast, fast!!!

Marianne

• gardenscout
    17 years ago

Yayyyyy! The blue robin is picking up speed! I love a good race, so count me in to do my part. I can pass the batton in one day as soon as I get it. I'll have my seeds sitting by the door with their bags packed, waiting for their trip.

Blue Robin rulz! We can beat the Red Robin withoug breaking a sweat!

Go Blue!

Lauri

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

FYI- the picture in both the previous post, and this new post will be the same because I updated the picture on photobucket. I didn't create a new picture, so yeah, in that regard, they will be the same, if that's what you mean.

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, LIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

The rest of the group is waiting on you...please respond.
    Email going to your old & new addy's again now.

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LISA- I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU BY THE END OF THE DAY TODAY REGARDING THE STATUS OF THE RED ROBIN OR YOU WILL BE DROPPED FROM ROUND 2.
    Based on the information you have been provided, which included a snail mail, all posts here regarding where the Robin is and when it was expected to arrive, an email to your AOL address from my own addy- NOT from GW- to remind you that the Robin had been delivered at your house (sent to your AOL addy because you did not inform me that you had a new email address), and also an email on Tuesday & Wednesday looking for you (to both your old & new email addresses)...you have had ample opportunity to both know when the Robin was arriving, and to inform the group of its whereabouts and/or status.
    Please respond; the group is waiting on you.
    Thank you.

• flowergardenlady
    17 years ago

Just checking in...i haven't recieved the Robin yet...:(
    But will let you know when i do..
    Jeanene

• dem_pa
    17 years ago

I received the Blue Robin at noon. I choose 25 packs of seeds and put 25+ back in. I just got back from the Post Office mailing it to Marianne. Delivery Confirmation Number# 0304 1560 0002 1532 7258

Thanks Tina for hosting.

Don (dem_pa)

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

Tina, I received my "snail mail" and want to thank you very much for the useful goodies AND your great organization. Any news on our RED Robin? My seeds are packed and anxious to travel!

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have not heard from Lisa at ALL >:(

• laperouse
    17 years ago

The Blue Robin has landed at my doorstep - wow what a selection of seeds! Unfortunately, it is too late for me to get it out today, but it will fly on Monday morning to Jeanie.

Hope the Red Robin shows up soon.

Marianne

• gardenscout
    17 years ago

I am really sorry to hear about the status of the Red Robin. I think I jinxed it with my post about loving a good contest and hoping for a good race between the Blue and the Red.

If the red one never turns up, we could send the blue one to the red people instead of having our round two.

I got my snail mail, and it is just so impressive to be involved in this, my first, robin.

• flowergardenlady
    17 years ago

Hello Everyone,
    I also recieved my snail mail and Tina thanks for the useful things you included. I am very impressed of how well you have handled this Round Robin. I am next to recieve the Red Robin but no sign of it yet :( but i'm hoping it will show up anyday now. I will keep everyone posted of when I recieve it.
    Jeanene

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ALL: THE RED ROBIN SEEMS TO HAVE RESURFACED!
    WHILE I STILL HAVE HEARD NOTHING FROM LISA, I JUST CHECKED THE DC THAT SHE WAS ISSUED, AND IT HAS BEEN LOGGED AS OF FRIDAY THE 12TH.
    JEANENE, PLEASE BE ON THE LOOKOUT, AS IT SHOULD SHOW UP VERY SOON IF SENT PRIORITY!

This is good news!

• laperouse
    17 years ago

The Blue Robin is in flight and should be landing at Jeanie's house soon. Conf. no. is: 03043490000117902092.

So glad to hear that the Red Robin has surfaced (almost).

Marianne

• flowergardenlady
    17 years ago

Hey Everyone,
    I recieved the Red Robin this morning!!!! YEAAAHHHH!!! I took out 20 seed packs and put 22 back in. There are alot of goodies to choose from in the Robin. I mailed it back out this afternoon I wanted it back in flight as soon a possible. It is on it's way to Daisydo...
    Thanks Tina for hosting the robin
    Can't wait for Round 2
    Confirmation #0304 3490 0001 1790 1972

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's wonderful! Hooray for the Red Team!!!!

• gardenscout
    17 years ago

Well now I am rooting for the underdog Red Robin, even though I am on the Blue team. Such great news that both are moving along so well now.

This has turned out to be even more fun that I expected. (I may need to look into getting a life.)

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok, everyone...we need a fresh Update:

The Blue Robin is sitting in Whitestone, NY waiting to be delivered to Jeanie's House.
    The Red Robin is currently in flight to Joyce's place.
    I completely forgot to add Amy into the end of the Robin (she's been here since the onset, but I never added her to the calendars)...so it looks like the little racey-poo that we've got going is going to be closer than we thought...HMMMMMMMM????????????!!! LOL!!! Funfunfun!!!

What else...oh, new map below, and all the ones up there are updated to reflect the changes...

The following people watch for your Snail Mails going out today:
    Susan- Giverny4me
    Annette- moonphase
    Kimberly- lil_green_thumb
    Wendey- wendeyzee
    Elizabeth- zabecc
    Amy (not registered at GW)

Looks like we will be looking at a 1st week of February start to Round 2...I need to go find my hostesses...

Thank you everyone for your patience & continued support of this (very long) Robin!!!
    -Tina

{{gwi:1308769}}

• jeanie74
    17 years ago

The Blue Robin was delivered this afternoon, I have went through it and will get it to the PO tomorrow. I hope the hubby comes home before seven because then I can zoom to the PO today, but doubtful that will happen. Will definitely get it out tomorrow. I will post the conf. number when it has been mailed. Thanks so much for hosting Tina!

Jeanie

• daisydo
    17 years ago

Mail hasn't arrived today, but I'm searching the sky for the robin to land! I'll get it out ASAP. We are finally getting winter weather here, and the seeds will be just in time for WSing. Thanks for such an organized robin!
    Joyce

• daisydo
    17 years ago

Update: The robin landed today and I had a ball sorting through and picking seed packets that I have been wanting to try my hand at growing. There was a nice assortment and I appreciated the veggie and herb packets. I have already added to it and it is on it's way to Brenda. The confirmation # is 0304 3490 0001 1790 2351.
    Thank you, Tina, for your hard work in making this a success.
    Daisy

• jeanie74
    17 years ago

The Blue robin has left New York and is winging it's way to Lauri in RI Confirmation # 0304 3490 001 1790 2344

Enjoy!
    Jeanie

• gardenscout
    17 years ago

Great news -- I'll be on the lookout for it, and I'll pass it on right away.

Lauri (GardenScout)

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Tina-
    I got your letter in the mail today. Thank you for your kindness, I will definitely put the baggies and post-its to great use. Quick question though, in my letter it says to send it to Amy next... but up above it says to send it back home to you. Just confused about where it's supposed to fly to after I send it, thanks!
    -Elizabeth

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Up above where? Am I looking at the wrong thing? What did I screw up now??? Sorry, E!!!! Your snail mail info is correct.

• gardenscout
    17 years ago

The Blue Robin is now on my kitchen table. I abandoned all ongoing Saturday projects to browse the goodness. It feels like Christmas.

I feel lucky that I will have all day Sunday to continue my persual and reload it with some more, but be assured that on Monday it will be at the Post Office and on its way to Wendey in Massachusetts.

Thanks to each of you for sharing your gardens,
    Lauri

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Tina got my snail mail and instructions today, DH was looking over my shoulder he thinks we have a secret society going on lol.../Susan

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Yaaaaaaay....... I'm next, hooray I cant wait :-D
    Wendey

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

The Red Robin arrived today!!! How great is it to be able to sort through a fat package of seeds on a miserable rainy day after a Sunday of disappointing Football. The Saints will be back next year!!!! Okay, back to business!!! I took out the following: Red Bee Balm, Red/Orange tall Marigolds, Moon Vine, Gold Sunflower, Moulan Rouge Sunflower, Teddy Bear Sunflower, Indian Blanket Sunflower, Autumn Beauty Sunflower, Four O'clocks, Lemon Thyme, Fried Egg Plant, Lambs Ear, Okra, Prickley Caterpillar, Mexican Hats, Antique Quince, & Campanula.

I put in the following: 2 packages each Begonia Semperflorens, Amaryllis (Peppermint color and Salmon color), Purple Straw Flowers, Lantana, Sweet Basil, Gerbera Daisy, Crepe Myrtle, Paper Whites, Ornamental Egg Plant, Yellow Gladiola, Liriope, and Hyacinth Bean. About 6 or 8 packages more than I took out. The Robin was chocked full of a wonderful selection and I can't wait to get some of these planted. I will post a confirmation when I take it to the post office and ship it off to Susan in Florida. Happy Gardening! Brenda (MimiB1)

• gardenscout
    17 years ago

Blue Robin is heading southeast toward the Cape Cod Canal. Head's up, Wendey, I mailed it this afternoon from Franklin, MA, Priority Mail. I betcha it could be there tomorrow or no later than Wednesday. Have fun with it. I had a blast.

DC # 0304 3490 0001 1790 2122

(Those seeds are going to get some serious cold strat on the mail truck tonight -- burrrrr.)

• zabecc
    17 years ago

thanks tina, no worries, just wanted to make sure I sent it to the right place :)

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, now I know what you were looking at...the old map...I had forgotten to add Amy to the map, so I confused you. Sorry...should have told you I was using this when I made the previous maps:

{{gwi:1308770}}

• MimiB1
    17 years ago

The RED Robin is winging it's way to Susan in Florida. Confirmation number 0304 3490 0001 1790 1941. Thank you Tina for such a well run round. I look forward to more. Brenda

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Yea! MimiB/Brenda! Can't wait. Condolences on the Saints. Plenty of displaced Lousianans here in P'cola...Growing up Bears fans we are experts on disappointments! We love N.O. and the Saints, developed a liking for the Colts, and 'course QB Peyton Manning is a LA boy.... this will be my husbands 'perfect storm' of a super bowl. My daughter is working on a orange/blue theme for the first half and a blue white for second half/party. lol.

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Hi ya all, just wanted to peek in here to say the robin has landed, uuuhhhh but no snail mail yet, I havent even had time to look through and add back in, so we'll see what tomorrow brings!
    Gardenscout, Yep were cold and temps are goin down, brrrrrrr is right :-D
    Wendey

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Hi, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the post office today, I promise to get it out tomorrow. This was a really fun robin, lots O' goodies :-D
    I took out 12 pkts and put back in 18, all different varieties from the ones that were in there and most have my name on them!
    I'll post the DC# tomorrow, Elizabeth your next up there in the freezing north :-D
    Wendey

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Yay, it'll bring some cheery warmth (with wind chill it's below zero today) :(
    -Elizabeth

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Elizabeth, the DC# 03061070000511857848. I posted it around noonish hopefully it will be there tomorrow :-D
    Bundle up girl, its gonna get colder!!

Tina, thanks for hosting a great robin, I enjoyed it very much, its to bad I wont be sowing anything until late spring.
    I do love seeds!!!
    Wendey

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Red Team reporting in!
    Well as I was busy WINTERSOWING this afternoon, my DH came in and handed me a large envelope filled with seeds! Great timing. /:)

I am in middle of sorting thru, already had my seeds pulled for this so will have in mail Friday 1/26to Annette/moonphase, will report back with conf. number...Thanks Tina!
    Susan/giverny4me

• zabecc
    17 years ago

Blue robin wasn't in today's mail, but I'm sure it will be in tomorrows!
    -Elizabeth

• wendeyzee
    17 years ago

Tina, I got the snail mail today, thanks for the goodies :-D
    I really enjoyed this robin, thanks again!!
    Wendey

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

I have a confirmation #0304 3490 0001 1790 2061 for Annette, Red Team Robin is on its way to Georgia.
    Thanks for hostessing Tina! I took out 32 packs and put in 50+. Most from my gardens. I got some seeds I was looking for particularly fennel. Thanks everyone, Susan/giverny4me

• zabecc
    17 years ago

YAY!!! I got the Blue Robin yesterday (unfortunately not in time to send it back out though). So I had tons of fun going through it and found lots of goodies to winter sow (especially lots of annuals!) I will put it all back together today and send it out to Amy Moday morning, I'll post the confirmation number Monday afternoon. Thanks again Tina for a wonderful swap, and thanks for the great seed options everyone!!!

Here's what I took out: (22 packets)
    Morning Glory "Milk Way", Morning Glory "Star of Yelta", Johnny Jump-ups, Celosia "Flamingo Feather", Cactus Zinnia, Lilliput Zinnia, California Giants Zinnia, Chicory, Lemon Catnip, Pansy giant blue, Pansy Trimardeau Mix, Marigold "Safari", Impatiens, green Hosta, Wisteria floribunda, Scabiosa ochroleuca, Poppy mix, Cucumber "Garden Sweet", Tomato "Elfin Cherry", Tomato "Sweet Baby Girl Hybrid", Tomato "Porterhouse Hybrid", Dianthus "Summer Sundae".

Here is what I added: (34 packets)
    Peony Poppy salmon, Peony Poppy red, Peony Poppy pink, Peony Poppy lavender, purple cross Poppy, Iris "Yellow Flag", Echinacea Rubinstern, Echinacea "Rocky Top", Gaillardia "Dazzler", Eupatorium "Gateway", Primrose "Sierra Sundrop", Ligularia "Desdemona", Ligularia "The Rocket", Scabiosa "Summer Sundae", Scabiosa "Ebony & Ivory", Scabiosa "Imperial Mix", Tithonia "Sundance", Heliopsis "Summer Sun", Millet "Limelight Spray", Crape Myrtle "Candycane", Verbascum "Album", Portulaca "Pink Sundial", Celosia "Glowing Spears", Helenium "Mardi Gras", Malva "Pirouette", Malva "Zebrina", Tiarella "Wherryi", Columbine "Dragonfly Hybrid Mix", Columbine purple bonnet, Columbine "Irish Elegance", Cleome "Rose Queen", Cleome "Violet Queen", Cleome "Cherry Queen", Cleome "Purple Queen".

• zabecc
    17 years ago

The Blue Robin is on it's way to the last participant for round 1, Amy!
    Confirmation# 03043490000117902368

• moonphase
    17 years ago

The race is on!!!The red robin landed today in Ga. and is already back out flying to our last participant also.It is on the way to Kimberly/ LIL GREEN THUMB in SC Confirmation #03043490000117902313.
    Thank you Tina for hosting.
    moonphase

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, the Red Robin should be landing today at Kimberly's place, and The Blue Robin has been delivered to Amy, so we're right on schedule! That worked out perfectly!!!

When both Robins arrive back home, I'll put up the new lists so everyone knows which 'team' they're on...unless you want a sneek peek now...

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

it arrived! Will have it out to you tomorrow. Did I say I wanted on next round? I do!!
    thanks
    Kimberly

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

I'm happy to see that the robin's running so smoothly!
    I'm really looking forward to round #2!

• mmqchdygg
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The Blue Robin will be at the PO tomorrow morning, as well from what I'm told.

I will reitterate my thanks to all the participants on this Robin!
    To the gals on the 'front line' before the split: thank you so much for the hostess goodies! They will be put to good use, and are very much appreciated.

You've been a great group, and I can't wait to see the 'final products' when they arrive home in the next few days.
    Have fun with Round 2 everyone! It'll likely be 'off the tarmack' by mid-next week!