Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

Petal Pushers Cooking Across America Cookbook

tracyvine
15 years ago

Hello all you Petal Pushers and anyone of our GW members who would like to participate in helping to create our very first Petal Pushers Cooking Across America Cookbook.

Our group has decided to compile and print a cookbook of all our shared recipes for us to share. Sassy and I have been gathering all the recipes and are beginning to organize them by category. We would love it if everyone would keep sharing their recipes with us here on this thread. All are welcome and encouraged to contribute.

We have found a publishing site that allows us to do our own editing and will print the cookbook at a low cost to all who would like to have a copy. We are doing our absolute best to keep the costs at a minimum and will only be charging for the actual printing and mailing of the cookbook for all who order one. Feel free to ask any questions and we will do our best to answer.

Anyone who is interested in having a copy of the book please post a message here. Even those who already expressed an interest in having one. It will help immensely if we can consolidate orders onto this one particular thread and there will be less chance of us missing someone who wants a copy.

At this time we are finished accepting recipes for the cookbook. We are still taking orders for cookbooks so please post here if you would like to receive a book. The book's price hasn't been set yet as we are waiting to see what the final cost plus shipping will be. It will not be too expensive and will make wonderful gifts for family and friends.

This has been a very fun effort and I feel very honored to have gotten to know so many wonderful cooks from across this wonderful country of ours.

Book orders so far:

Karen 4

Joan

Mariann 3

Jeanne 2

Trina

Sassy 4

Tracy 3

Vic 10

Fran 2

Nikki

Bea 1

Wendy 4

Margaret 4

Melinda 4/5

Shirley 2

Annie 3

Dianne 1

Pat 1

Debbya 1

Emily 2

Total: 55/56

Please post or email me one picture of your favorite flower from your garden along with the name of the plant. Also post or email me a picture of your favorite location from your home state. We will be incorporating your pictures into the cookbook with a caption detailing the information about the location and the favorite bloom from your garden.

Thank you all for making this possible. What a great group we have here. Sassy and I are so fortunate to know all of you.

Tracy

Comments (38)

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Tracy,
    At some point I bumped my order up from 2 to 3 so please adjust it. One for each daughter and one for myself.
    Thanks,
    Jeanne

• diene
    15 years ago

i would like one too. diene

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I will be needing 5 for sure. And could you please send me your addy Tracy. I don't know how to post pics or email them so will mail my two pics to you if that is ok?
    Thanks, Melinda

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Melinda, I will send you an email in a little bit with my address.

Jeanne, thank you for catching that. I think it was from the email and I forgot to update it here on the boards. I added it on now.

Diene, thank you so much for ordering a book! I hope you like it!

Book orders so far:

Karen 4
    Joan
    Mariann 3
    Jeanne 3
    Trina
    Sassy 4
    Tracy 3
    Vic 10
    Fran 2
    Nikki
    Bea 1
    Wendy 4
    Margaret 4
    Melinda 5
    Shirley 2
    Annie 3
    Dianne 1
    Pat 1
    Debbya 1
    Emily 2
    Diene 1

Total: 58

• colcol
    15 years ago

Please add my order to the list:
    Coleen - 3

I will send picture when I figure out how to download & email it. Thanks

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Sheesh, I worked and worked to post a message only to have my computer shut down on me.

Ducky, please put a number 3 beside my name. I don't have DIL's yet but can get the books for wishful thinking eh?

Heres a couple of pictures, take your pick.

Beautiful unknown DL from my DL bed

I LOVE Petunias!

One of my FAVORITE Places to be is on my Front Porch with Fox.

Another Favorite place is at the beach and Texas has several beautiful beaches.

My most Special Bloom is this one, a present from a bird.

One of mine and Fox's favorite places to hang out in the Fall is beside my pond with floating candles in the pond. Very relaxing.

Smugs,
    Trina )Pixie(

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi Trina,

I live in Texas too. I love your pictures. Your unknown daylily is georgous!!!

• raggedyann161420
    15 years ago

First and foremost I want to express my sympathy to Shirley and Deb;I am so sorry for your loss.

Trina, so glad to see you posting!

This has to be my most favorite flower of all!

"SHELBY'S SONG

I'm glad to be home and will post more later.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

This is our Historic Court House in Cleveland Co.

My Angel Wing Lotus single bloom
    Double Bloom

Tracy I couldn't decide which pic I like best. I am going to let you pic the one you think is best.

:) Fran

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Fran,

Your lotus is beautiful. It almost doesn't look like it is real. I have never had any. Are they easy to grow?

Dianne

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hi Dianne,
    Yes, they are very easy to grow. The bloom is exquisite, I was so proud of it when it bloomed. I made my mom come over and look at it...lol. They are big and beautiful. I was so happy when it bloomed for me.
    I almost killed it though so I haven't seen it bloom since, but maybe it will be big enough again next year it will bloom again.
    Thank for the compliment!!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Tracy ~ Just a quick hello to all, and I'll get my pics to you by Wed eve (I hope!) Waiting on internet to be set up at the 'new' house.

Hugs everyone,
    Wendy

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Fran, I love that Lotus!

Wendy, nice to hear from you!

I am in debate about which pic to put in...

{{gwi:1308800}}

If you want to keep it to just plants and flowers, I think I like the Chicago Apache DL......

Gotta run girls, have a good night everyone!
    Vicky

• colcol
    15 years ago

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa98/colcolo/105_0585.jpg

Haven't figured out how to post a picture on the message part yet, but hope the link above works. Or any picture of Colorado Blue Columbine would probably be better than the one I took!
    Still working on favorite place picture.

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hi colcol,
    if you look under the links in photos in photobucket you will see links the one that says html codes is the one you want to copy and then paste it to your message, IF you can see it in your preview then you did it right and you can hit submit.

I was going to try to post it for you but it is very large and I can reduce the size here...

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Vic, that 1st pic is a MUST!! The best of the best of what our group reflects! I'll be glad when I can get a pic of Kenzie out in the garden. Julie borrowed my camera but I do have some Mexican Sage that is blooming beautifully and an iris that has a beautiful bud on it so hopefully I can get pics this weekend.

Fran that lotus is a beauty!

*Wavin'* at Wendy and Dianne!

Ok, callin' all Tracyvines! Shes gone downunder girls, we gotta go find her!

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Sassy,

You are too funny! I love that picture of the squirel doing the hoola. :)

Nice pictures Vicky. Makes me wish spring was already here.

Dianne

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Dianne LOL!!! I like that one too, I've had it for years.

Tracy, I would really love this pic/graphic in the cookbook. Its not my own but I just love it. If it needs to be larger, I think I have another one that is bigger, somewhere! My photobucket is rediculious!

I think for my 'other' one I want to find one from my other home, the area, I mean. I'm thinking on it:)

Theresa, Jenell & Susie (I think we've already added receipes from Sue) if you want to add any receipes please feel free if you have time, if not we understand:) But we do need it done very soon. We'd love to have them!

Sassy

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

All the pictures posted thus far are outstanding.
    This is one I took at the Botanical Gardens:

Amaryallis Blossom Peacock

Dahlia Blackberry Ripple

Shirley

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Pixie girl! I gotcha down for 3 books! Love those pictures sweetie!

Shirley, the Botanical Gardens are beautiful! What a gorgeous place to visit. What state are you in? I'd like to add that to the captions. I am pretty good at remembering these things most times but now it escapes me. :o(

Vic, I love the picture of Zack with your hibiscus bloom! He is so sweet. I want to take him home with me. :o)

Sassy, I am here. I got swamped last week with the catering job for Saturday, the client made a huge adjustment to the guest count so I had to do my shopping twice and double the cooking at the last minute. I was exhausted after the party was over. Whew, now I am back! I love that pic of the little boy!

Fran, your lotus is fantastic. Your pictures are stunning! I am going to have to try some of those next summer. I want to sigh just looking at it.

Wendy, I will wait for you sweetie! I promise!

Coleen, I marked you down for 3 books. If you like you can email me your picture. thetracyvine@cox.net

Ok, now if you don't see me posting too much don't get worried, I need to bury my head in the cookbook and get it done. I will check back as often as I can and will grab pictures to fit into slots between recipes after I get the type all formatted. I have a lot of work to do and not much time left to do it. Wish me luck!

Hugs to all!

Tracy

Book orders so far:

Karen 4
    Joan
    Mariann 3
    Jeanne 3
    Trina 3
    Sassy 4
    Tracy 3
    Vic 10
    Fran 2
    Nikki
    Bea 1
    Wendy 4
    Margaret 4
    Melinda 5
    Shirley 2
    Annie 3
    Dianne 1
    Pat 1
    Debbya 1
    Emily 2
    Diene 1
    Coleen 3

Total: 63

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Tracy, I just found out that Jamie's work will be coming to a halt in 1 to 2 weeks, so I've decided not to send a book to the girls back home : ( I've got to save for Christmas, and of course bills too. I updated the list for you, and like the other girls said, I am not worried about getting mine for Christmas either.
    Vic

Book orders so far:

Karen 4
    Joan
    Mariann 3
    Jeanne 3
    Trina 3
    Sassy 4
    Tracy 3
    Vic 5
    Fran 2
    Nikki
    Bea 1
    Wendy 4
    Margaret 4
    Melinda 5
    Shirley 2
    Annie 3
    Dianne 1
    Pat 1
    Debbya 1
    Emily 2
    Diene 1
    Coleen 3

Total: 57

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Just wanted to say thank you on the comments about by Angel Wings Lotus. It was very pretty. I was so proud of it.
    I wish I had a better camera when I took it so it would have shown up better, crisper.

But thank you all!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Vic, thanks for letting us know. I appreciate you doing the update! You're a peach. I hope Jamie's work picks up quick. I know how the cold months put a damper on the wallet. Our season is winding down here too. Hubby is spending more time at home. The weather is in the 20's, the snow is on the ground. Time for his vacation. :o)

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

If it's not too late, I'd like to get in on this and order a copy. If it's too late, I understand completely. In any case, I will post a picture. If nothing else, pictures are fun!

{{gwi:1272102}}

Theresa

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Theresa, you are not too late. Thank you for ordering a book. I love your rose. What kind is it? It's beautiful!

Book orders so far:

Karen 4
    Joan
    Mariann 3
    Jeanne 3
    Trina 3
    Sassy 4
    Tracy 3
    Vic 5
    Fran 2
    Nikki
    Bea 1
    Wendy 4
    Margaret 4
    Melinda 5
    Shirley 2
    Annie 3
    Dianne 1
    Pat 1
    Debbya 1
    Emily 2
    Diene 1
    Coleen 3
    Theresa 1

Total: 58

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Theresa
    that is a lovely rose! Very nice, nice pic too.

HEY EVERYONE!!!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Oh, goody. I'm not too late. The rose, I believe, is Eden.

Thanks!

Theresa

• diene
    15 years ago

hey tracy;
    checking on the status of this and suggesting you take money from people. i would hate to see you get stuck and i know no one would deliberately do that but things happen in life so give us a ballpark cost and ask people to send. if it is more we can then send the difference and if it is less you can include the difference when you ship the books. Doesn't that sound good?
    diene

• abitodd
    15 years ago

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to stop by and see if this forum was still around. I am so happy all of you kept it going. Looks like you are all having a great time.

I also wanted to apologize for disappearing off the face of the earth. Medical issues had to take the front seat and at the same time my poor OLD computer died. Have a borrowed one for now.

I have really missed all of you, Sorry I did not know how to get in touch with one of you to let you know what happened.

I will be getting rid of most of my plants and daylilies over the next year as I can no longer take care of the huge gardens I have. I am going to be drastically downsizing. If anyone is interested just email me and I will give you further details.

I sure have missed all of you. I already said that didn't I?

For those of you that are also on the Traveling Daylilies please pass the message on my downsizing on to them and let them know I have really missed them as well.

God Bless you all and hope you all had a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Deni

X's and O's to you all.

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

So glad to hear from you Deni! I have thought of you often and hoped that all was well! God Bless and take care of yourself! Melinda
    I'm still wanting 5 of the cookbooks. Do we know how much they are going for and when it might be done?
    Not like I'm in a hurry or anything!LOL.

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

Deni-Hello so glad to see your post. I always think of you when I see daylilies, irises, lilies and other plants from your garden blooming in my garden. Hope Bettie and Megan are doing well along with the rest of your family. Medical issues can sure take a front seat in our lives. I understand completely. Take care and hope to see you again on the forum.

Shirley

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

UPDATE!!!!

To everyone that has ordered cookbooks, I spoke with Tracy last night, she thought there had been a post put on here letting everyone know that the books will not be ready till after the Holidays. She has been way too busy to get it all done and is sorry for anyone that did not know this.

I just wanted to let you all know that there will still be one made, just not as soon as she had hoped to get it out : (

Thanks,
    Vicky

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Thanks for posting, Vicky. I've been in touch with Tracy. I don't blame her for not trying to do all that work on the cookbook while trying to get ready for Christmas. However, I have cancelled my order (3 books) because they were going to be Chrismtas presents. Thanks for all the recipe sharing. When I get a chance I will try some of the recipes that were posted.
    ...and Merry Christmas to everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Jeanne

• galium
    15 years ago
  • colcol
    15 years ago

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!
    I sure wouldn't mind purchasing 4 instead of 3 if there's going to be some extras. I'd LOVE to get a jump start on Christmas gifts for 09! :)
    I just have to make a note for myself where to find them come next Dec. And hope I remember where the note is!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Coleen,
    The order hasn't went in yet so yes, it should be no problem to order 4 : )

I'm sure as soon as Tracy can get her head above water again and take a breath she will be on with an update for us ; )

I believe this is the current list of who wants how many

Book orders so far:

Karen 4
    Joan
    Mariann 3
    Trina 3
    Sassy 4
    Tracy 3
    Vic 5
    Fran 2
    Nikki
    Bea 1
    Wendy 4
    Margaret 4
    Melinda 5
    Shirley 2
    Annie 3
    Dianne 1
    Pat 1
    Debbya 1
    Emily 2
    Diene 1
    Coleen 4
    Theresa 1

Total: 56

Thanks for being so patient everyone, and for those of you that emailed Tracy with changes for your order, I'm sure she has it. When I talked to her a little bit ago she did say she had gotten some emails but we didn't go into detail on them. I know she was trying to get back with people as soon as she could.

Vic

• beth_b_kodiak
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! I have been among the missing for months but all is well. Very well really. I'll post details later but saw this thread and wondered if I could order a book ( or perhaps books) at this late date.
    I do agree with Diene that you should get money up front so please let me know.
    hugs
    Beth B

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Beth! HELLO!! : )
    I was just thinking of you the other day when I was looking through one of the cook books I got from you. I finally found the long hunted for "potato chip cookie" recipe! Woo Hoo! I knew a lady years ago that made these and I loved them! She has since passed and I could never find a recipe! Thank You!

How many books would you like? The order has not went in yet. I will try to keep this up to date for Tracy.

Vic