Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nettasaura

UPDATE: Victorian Christmas Craft Swap

nettasaura
17 years ago

Signups are now closed. With the help of my four year old, I have "drawn" the players names to see who will be sending to who. We ended up with an even number of players and will be doing one on one partners.

The order will be as follows:

ELSIE_MS will be partnered with CARMELITA1

JUSPEACHY will be partnered with NETTASAURA

NUMBER_1_ANGEL will be partnered with DEBBIEDO7

LAURELIN will be partnered with GALIUM (laurel, you will have to contact mariann first)

I have set the date to start crafting for Novemer 10th....that gives everybody five days to gather materials, ideas, and time to communicate with their partners. Please look to the old thread for this swap for your partner's color schemes and themes, but don't post there anymore. If you happen to be like me, you will probably have questions to ask your partner so you can make sure that they will be pleased with what they receive. Then after November 10th you can get to work on your projects.

When December 10th finally gets here, it will be time to send out your package. You need to use Delivery Confirmation especially as we will be in the heart of Christmas Shipping Season. And make sure your postal worker scans the DC label...if they don't scan it, you paid for nothing. You can choose to use a flat rate priority box if your items happen to be heavy at all...the box costs a flat rate of $8.10...personally I will use one no matter what. Since we will have an entire month between crafting and send out, it will be nice if everyone checks in about once a week by posting here on this thread.

When you send your package, post your DC# to the forum post (by that time I will have started a 2nd UPDATE thread), that way you have proof that you sent your box out. Let us know when you get your box from the player who is crafting from you...and pictures of your gifts are always great! If you have any more questions, let me know!

Netta

Comments (102)

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Elsie...my fingers are crossed.

EVERYONE: Since the mail out day falls on a Sunday...the last day for mailing will be Monday the 11th. And remember ladies....we wanna see what you get! (If you have a camera)

Netta

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Netta--I do not have a camera--heck--I'm using the office computer right now--so if Deb has one maybe she can take a pic' before she sends it--can you Deb?? PLEASE??? I am so excited to SEE what I'm getting-woo hoo-can hardly wait!!!!
    I'm as bad as the kids--can I blame it on my second childhood??
    Jeanette

• galium
    17 years ago

Laurel your tree is spectacular. I wish my digital camera took decent pictures. Your box is all packed and I'll be mailing it tomorrow. I'll post the DC#.
    The cat I rescued named Sidney. She was adopted last week and went to a loving family.
    {{gwi:1308854}}

Mariann

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Hooray for Sidney! A loving home for Christmas, who could ask for more?

I'll be mailing yours out Thursday. Stay tuned for the DC#.

Laurel

• elsie_ms
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes and prayers.
    the Dr. said everything looked good. If you ever have to get them done go ahead they aren't as bad as you think.
    Take Care
    Elsie

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey Jo...finished #5 & #6 yesterday....starting on #7, and since it's the most delicate and complicated I will probably end up hitting the Monday mailing date!

Netta

Remember ladies...if you are able, we wanna see pics of your gifts!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Mariann,

I was able to get your package sent out today. The DC# is
    0304 3490 0002 4674 8950.

Merry Christmas!!

Laurel

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Number_1_Angel
    I will be happy to take a picture or pictures for you......
    but I won't post until you get the package. hahaha nope no cheating.
    At least you get to open before Christmas.
    I'm just as excited to get mine.
    I am finished with #5 working on 6 & 7.
    At the rate I'm going I may not get #8 done in time ... although we'll see

Debbie

• galium
    17 years ago

Laurel your box is on it's way
    DC# 0306 1070 0005 1198 6197

Mariann

• elsie_ms
    17 years ago

Carmen, I should have your exchange in the mail tomorrow. Will post the tracker# as as I can.
    Elsie

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    I worked hard on the projects today & can you believe that I finished up #7 so I am now on #8 & still finishing #6. I can't see your package getting in the mail until monday. LOL I found a box that should be just about big enough to fit all your goodies into.

I can't wait to see what everyone else gets too!!
    Debbie

• galium
    17 years ago

I just received my gifts from Laurel. I apologize for not posting a pic. my digital camera doesn't take decent pictures. I tried about 30 times. I'll have to use my 35mm tomorrow.
    Anyway, Laurel you are so talented. I'm not even going to try and describe them because I couldn't do them justice.
    I'll post again tomorrow with pictures.
    Thank you so much Laurel,
    Mariann

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

I ran across this page today, lol wouldn't ya know it. I had to really work hard at getting ideas .... this would of made things a little easier.
    Oh well it's naow saved as a favorite for a later date.
    http://www.victorian-gifts.com/catalogrequest/ordercatalog.html

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carmen emailed me that she sent out her package to Elsie!

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Mariann,

Your package arrived today, with everything in perfect condition (amazing, considering how fragile-looking some of the gifts are). Such lovely gifts, I really like everything. I'll post pictures on Sunday night or Monday - today is our family cookie-baking day, and tomorrow my husband's parents are visiting for the day. (The mailman came while I was up to my wrists in cookie dough, making sugar cookie cutouts with my four year old daughter, and I had to wait quite a while to get to open my package. It was sure worth the wait!)

After I got my tree up and decorated, and took a picture to share, I realized that I had a dominant color theme after all - red and gold. So what did you send? Red and gold! That could not possibly have worked out better.

Thank you, Mariann!

Laurel

• elsie_ms
    17 years ago

Oh, I just remembered that I don't have the # yet. Sent the package by a relative. How they are home tomorrow. Anyway it should get there on time. Tell Carmen I will be on the look out. Thanks
    Elsie

• galium
    17 years ago

These pictures don't do justice to the gifts Laurel sent. They came out a little fuzzy. But here goes.
    {{gwi:1308855}}
    These are all the crafts. A lacy basket with tea and a little Victorian bear. Love that bear. The rest are all hand painted. An angel (purple dress), a rounded ornament beautifully painted, a little "Tea-N-Crumpet" building (wonderful detail).

{{gwi:1308856}}
    {{gwi:1308857}}

I apologize profusely for the pics. They even made me dizzy.
    Regardless, Laurel thank you so much. You really are very talented.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jo's last gift is giving me a headache....word to the wise....don't use aerosol products on something if the can happens to be five years old LOL....anyway, I had to repaint the project and then use a brush on varnish last night. But now I am having to wait till later today because after four coats of colored nail polish, a cloudy coat of old spray varnish, a fifth coat of polish to cover up the old varnish and a coat of brush on varnish, I am having to wait and let the paint job cure completely or her present will have fingerprints embedded in my pretty paint job....so here I am impatiently waiting and checking periodically with a fingernail applied to the very bottom of the project....when there are no more indentations, I can tackle the inside! In the meantime, I'll be working on crafts for my other Round Robin!

Netta

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Netta,
    I agree, TOSS those old cans of stuff out! I did the same thing, I used a can of gold glitter spray from two years ago and the darn thing sputtered out a lump of slush! I'm so glad it went on a plastic leaf (that I could just cut off) or it would of ruined something fabric.

Deb

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

WOW,
    beautiful gifts. Love that little bear, too cute.

NETTA!!!
    "Can you believe it???"
    My box is packed and ready to go out first thing in the morning. I finished #'s 12,13,14 and 15 today, and put the last finishing touches on #4.
    I had to put 2 large priority boxes together to fit everything in.One item is slightly squished, but it won't hurt it any. Just tweak it and it will be perfect.
    I will post the # Tues. morning. I work all day tomorrow,I will drop it off at the PO on my way(9:30AM), and I won't be home till after 10PM.

Netta,
    You really have my curiosity piqued'. Really looking forward to this box. I have to say, I had a blast making all the items for yours. Once I got started, the ideas just kept coming. I finally had to call a halt, cause I literally ran out of room in the box. You will see what I mean when you get it.(grinZ)

Well, off to bake cookies.
    Have a great day everyone,
    Jo

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah well....I had to migrate up to an apple box (20x12x13).....my ambition runeth over! A few of your items were quite large....and then, don't laugh, but the box was a little bigger than what I had so I just had to make other things fill it up, plus a few personal gifts.

Anyway....I just need to finish this last project and the box will be ready to go by the time DH gets home early tomorrow afternoon. The shipping "container" for this item is already occupying space within the treasure trove of things I have put together for you. I can only hope that you will be satisfied with what you are getting.

DEBBYA....YOU WILL MAINTAIN YOUR SILENCE UPON PAIN OF DEATH!!! LOL...anyway she has had sneaky peaks of all of Jo's gifts except for the last. Please keep the silence until Jo has recieved her box. Will post DC# tomorrow after I get back from the PO.

Hugs and Anticipation!
    Netta

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Here's a picture of the lovely crafts Mariann sent me:

{{gwi:1308858}}

The wreath is LOVELY, and is probably my favorite of the crafts. The candle smells like roses, and I will really enjoy burning it - old-fashioned roses are one of my favorite fragrances. (I grow the massive-rose-monster-with-thorns 'Othello' just because of its fragrance; heaven knows it's NOT a "polite" garden plant.) The ornaments are a perfect addition to my tree: red, gold, and glass. And the photo album is really pretty, and useful - when I opened the box, my son said, "Hey, Mom, you needed one of those!"

Thank you again, Mariann - this was a really great exchange.

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hey Jo,
    Feel free to snail mail me a Joann's 50% off coupon, and I'll sing like a bird!

Hehe.. Joking Netta! ;) I've never seen Joann's coupons anywhere!

Deb

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb...you should sign up for their mailing list and you will get one (or more) every week with their sales ads!

Here's the link to signup for the mailing list!
    JoAnn Fabrics Mailing List

• galium
    17 years ago

I receive coupons from Jo Ann's, Rag Shop and Michaels. The Michaels coupons are hard to come by. It depends on where you live.
    Deb I'll try and forward a Jo Ann's coupon to you.
    Mariann

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jo...your package will be in the mail this afternoon! It's all packed, wrapped and ready to go! DC# 0306 1070 0003 6007 6018

Let me know when you get it!

Jo was mailing hers this morning....so we are still waiting to hear from Debbie and Jeanette about mailing out their packages!

Netta

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jo...it's on it's way!

UPDATE: About the magazines...I still have not found the Victorian Decorating, but while at Walmart the other day found a "premiere" issue from Country Decorating Ideas Presents..."Romantic Living"....since is the same mag that puts out the other two special issues, it is entirely possible that they have discontinued the Victorian ones in favor of this new style which has a broader range. I did not purchase it because after leafing through it, I can get the same type of info through Romantic Homes and that happens to be almost half the price! Sad that it is becoming so difficult to find literature on Victorian style. :(

Netta

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Jeanette's package will be in the mail tomorrow.
    Confirmation code is 0103 8555 7498 5079 8758.

Debbie

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Morning all,

Netta,
    It's on it's way. Mailed yesterday morning.
    DC# 0305 0830 0001 3833 7240

Deb,
    I have some 40% coupons.(grinZ) Do use the link to sign up online, AND go to your local JoAnn's and sign up in the store. (if they don't have sign up sheets, LMK and send me your addy, and I will sign you up.) Cause you will get both an online coupon and the flyer in the mail, with a coupon(s). There will be one on the back of your flyer, next to your address. But, always be sure to check inside your flyer too. For special sales they sometimes put some inside as well. And, be sure to have them scan the barcode above your address on the back of your flyer. THAT is what KEEPS you on the mailing list. Miss having that done too many times and the computer will delete your name out of the system.

Have a great day everyone,
    Jo

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Its wrapped and ready to go--will post conf # later:)
    Jeanette

• galium
    17 years ago

Deb did you get the coupon I emailed you for Jo Ann's??
    Mariann

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Mariann,
    Thank you SO MUCH for sending the Jo Ann's coupon!

Hugs,
    Deb

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

JO!!!

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0003 6007 6018

Your item was delivered at 1:22 PM on December 13, 2006 in ********, NY *****.

GO GET IT!!!! Can't wait to hear what you think!

Netta

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

DH walked in with Jo's box!

{{gwi:1308859}}

She worked very hard and made me several different ornaments for several of the trees that I have...I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! There is a beautiful swag, sculpey dinosaur ornament (boys are loving it!), snowflake ornament, bird & nest ornament, sculpey teapot ornament (adorable), sculpey butterfly medallion ornament, music scrolls ornament, gold mesh music ball ornament, sculpey high button shoes ornament (too cute), parasol ornament, crochet box in aqua ornament (my favorite!), gingerbread man ornament, sculpey "chimney sweep" (awesome anecdote), pretty bow, poinsettia pick, lace hat ornament, crochet fan ornament, and tasty acorn cookies that are already gone because DH and the boys jumped on them the second they came out of the box!

Jo...thank you so much for the awesome presents and taking the time to tailor them just for me. Everything made it ok and nothing was broken. I am so happy right now, I feel like Christmas just rained on my house!!! LOL

Just hope that the gifts I made for you measure up.

Netta

• elsie_ms
    17 years ago

Carmen hope I am not to late here's the
    tracker #03010120000431859450

• carmelita1
    17 years ago

Netta & the rest of the gals on this exchange...I would like to apologize for not posting regular updates on my end of the swap. I just now found that card where I have all my sites and passwords listed so that why I am able to post here. When I reregistered on this site I could not for the life of me remember any of my sign up info!

When we had to go out of town to Philadelphia for several days it was to see my step daughter who is undergoing chemo and just had several blood transfusions and a stem cell transplant. This has been weighing heavily on my mind although she is really doing well for all the procedures she has undergone. Other than feeling tired and losing a lot of her hair, she was in good spirits and now has to stay indoor and away from germy people, her immune system is nonexistent at the moment.

Even though I have managed to get my package off to Elsie, I was rushing and didn't get to take pictures of anything. On top of that, now both the digital and regular camera are on the fritz so I cannot take pictures of the beautiful things Elsie made for me!

So, I will tell you what all I received. Everything she made was done in hunter green and burgundy except for the red felt stocking which was decorated with gold ribbon and flowers and the wired NOEL hanger (letters done as little pillows) again in red felt and gold trim. She really put a lot of time and work in her crafts.

I got a set of wooden painted candle sticks and matching bell decorated with burgundy poinsettia's and also a burgundy crocheted angel (yarn) that I have hanging on the wall. She also included a little golden ornament with cut out Christmas trees.

Elsie, thank you so very much for all the pretties.
    Also, sorry to hear that you have been going thru your medical procedures/tests. I know that all will be well with the results. Hope you will be able to get my package redelivered so they won't be mailing it back to me!!!

Thank goodness I was able to find this post and read up on everything that everyone else has been doing.

Netta, thank you for being our swap hostess/coordinator! Could you please email me your snail mail address?

Hugs and Merry Christmas to all you gals.

Carmen

• juspeachy
    17 years ago

Wow,

Ok.
    I finally made it here to post and thank my wonderful swap partner NETTA.

Girl,
    You OUTDID yourself. I LOVE everything. So beautiful. Especially the egg. Everyone has been marveling over it.

*Victorian kissing ball-just gorgeous
    *Christmas Bunny-paper mache' painted off white with Burgundy and gold flowers around it's neck-too pretty
    *Hand Crocheted Doily-in cream and burgundy-Netta this is unbelieveably gorgeous.
    *Set of tassel ornaments-hand painted poinsettias on them
    *Set 3 heart shape ornaments-tussie mussie style
    *Handpainted(by Netta)Victorian treasure box-has a snowy branch and cardinal-pic DOES not do it justice. It is gorgeous
    *Wonderful hand crocheted pale blue scarf. Sooooo pretty. I will think of you every time I wear it.
    *A fantasy novel-I am already on chapter 7
    *Doggie treats
    *kitty treats
    *birdy treats
    *fishy treats-everyone is VERRRRRRRYY HAPPY
    *rose scented bath set-smells wonderful
    *Sleigh centerpiece with flowers that match the kissing ball.It will sit in the center of my table on the crocheted doily
    *Christmas tin
    AND "inside" the tin, the most beautiful "faberge' style" egg. This took an incredible amount of time and patience. It is just the most beautiful thing. Working with real goose eggs is difficult, even though they are very sturdy. I have a whole basket of goose eggs from when we raised them. So, I know how much work you put into it.
    *and a wonderful note typed onto beautiful victorian design paper. So very pretty.

Netta,
    I just cannot thank you enough. Wish the pictures were better so you could all see what wonderful workmanship went into all these.

{{gwi:1308860}}

Hearts and tassels ornaments
    {{gwi:1308861}}

Faberge' style egg
    {{gwi:1308862}}

(you can just see the cardinal box behind the egg)

Thank you Netta for hosting this wonderful swap.

hugs,
    Jo

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Hi,
    Netta won't be online for a few days, possibly 4-5. Netta's area was hit by severe wind storms that knocked out the electricity.

Deb

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hey ladies....I'm back and fine! Got the power back on a little over an hour ago and just had to take a shower since I haven't had one in three days....feeling human now! Glad to see that things are going well here!
    Netta

Jo....I am so glad that the egg made it in one piece...I have never shipped one before and was extremely apprehensive. I am glad that you LOVE everything...and can't wait to see what you think of the book!

• elsie_ms
    17 years ago

Help!!!!!!!! My brain is not working tonight. Can't for the life of remember how to post images. I am the tell me step by step learner when it comes to things like this, will someone please email me the quickest and easiest way. So I can post the lovely Victorian items that I rec'd from Carmen. Thank You in advance.
    Elsie

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

Jeanette,
    Did you get your package?
    I show Your item was delivered at 2:41 PM on December 15, 2006
    Let me know & I'll post the pictures for you.
    My package from you hasn't arrived yet

Debbie

• elsie_ms
    17 years ago

My exchange items from Carmen

Here is a link that might be useful: Round Robin Victorian Christmas Exchange

• galium
    17 years ago

Netta, I just wanted to thank you for hosting this fun swap.

Mariann

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your welcome!

• number_1_angel
    17 years ago

Deb--I am so terribly sorry--I am having an awful time right now--might lose my job and my home--I asked my son in law to mail your pkg--he got home last night from a business trip and it is still in his back seat!!!! It will go out today-Thanks to all saying a prayer for me--I am taking a big chance being on this computer now--but felt I needed to let you know--my pkg from you did arrive and it is wonderful!!!Please post the pic for all to see--it was the only bright spot in my day--
    Jeanette

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

I'm sorry to hear about your job Jeanette. You will be in my prayers.
    I am waiting in anticipation for my package

here are the pictures that I took for you.
    hope I have the right codes
    [IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/debbiedo7/Victorian%20Craft%20Exchange/Crafts003.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/debbiedo7/Victorian%20Craft%20Exchange/Crafts002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k298/debbiedo7/Victorian%20Craft%20Exchange/Crafts001.jpg[/IMG]

• debbiedo7
    17 years ago

lol I'll try this code

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deb

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Here's a cute little song/video shared by Donn on the WS forum. Just click play and turn it up.

I've got several painted ornaments finished, and one teddy bear mostly done. I'd like to do at least two more bears, and another ornament or two before the robin flies my way.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Laurel

Here is a link that might be useful: Cute holiday song/video from Donn on WS forum

• laurelin
    17 years ago

Sorry ladies, I meant to post that to Netta's other Victorian craft swap (Victoriana + seeds), which flies soon. Oh, well, it's been a long day. Merry Christmas to all of you, and enjoy the music anyhow!

Laurel