Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Secret Santa 2011 Games, Thanks, Recipes and more #2

Posted by flwrs4ever 10 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 25, 11 at 9:48

PLEASE come here and post your THANKS for the cards. Share your favorite recipes, or jokes. I will be posting some GAMES..so check back often !!

Thanks to EVERYONE for signing up and sharing in the HOLIDAY SPIRIT with our gardening friends.

Please remember to go to the 'rate and review' area to give extra thanks to those that mailed to you !

Happy Mailboxing !!

~Santa Kym

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Secret Santa 2011 Games, Thanks, Recipes and more #2

These are always a big hit. They make a nice addition to cookie trays. Easy too!

Mini Cherry Cheesecakes

2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 vanilla wafers
1 (21-ounce) can Cherry Pie filling, or other pie filling

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a paper cupcake liner in each cup of a muffin pan.
Beat cream cheese with a handheld electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beating well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Place a vanilla wafer, flat side down, in each muffin cup. Spoon cream cheese mixture over wafers. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow tarts to cool completely. Serve with cherry filling on top, or pie filling of your choice.

o

I recieved my first card today from apoppyfield thank you very much Ann.

Paula

o

YUM mini cheesecakes sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing barefootgardener12.

Cards already?

o

Kym ~ I would LOVE to see your oreo balls recipe again, pls! :)

barefootgardner~ I never realized those were SO easy!! I am definitely adding these on to my baking list this year! Thanks!!

~Wendy

o

Thank you Ann (apoppyfield)!! I can't wait to plant some seeds come spring!

o

Me too ..received first card , from anyone, thank you Ann ( Apoppyfield) , for a nice card also.

Merry Christmas to you and all.

Kym...I've baked only simple sugar cookies and "Snowballs" with my kids ...imagine you have the recipes. Except sometimes we'd make sugar cookies like strawberries...get a strawberry cutter, cut few leaves, place dough on top of strawberry dough ,barelly touching, bake then decorated with red and green colors.

o

Was excited to see my first card arrive yesterday.

Apoppyfield is really a holiday helper as she sent me some cleome, marigold, and pepper seeds. A big thank you to her for getting the holiday fun off to a good start.

Margo

o

What I meant - nice cards also= nice seeds also, cleome, cosmos and mustard spinach, thanks again Ann...a record for us, EARLIEST CHRISTMAS CARD EVER. :)
Sugar cookies, meant Cut out cookies. Heart shape can be substituted for the strawberry cutter.
Had been rushing with my dd here- she got me my earliest Christmas gift.
Good weekend to all.

o

I got home from Thanksgiving on the farm to find a card from apoppyfield! What a pleasant and fun surprise. Thanks Ann.

o

I made these yesterday. I got the recipe from the "Amish Cook" in the Sunday paper. Easy and delicious.

Gingerbread Cookies

2 cups flour
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp.cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup molasses
3 tablespoons hot water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Blend well. Chill dough at least one hour before handling. Roll out dough on floured surface 1/8 inch thick. Use ginerbread cookie cutter. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes two to three dozen cookies.

Don

o

I received my first card today, also from Ann! Woo-Hoo!!! Marigolds, cosmos, and 2! types of basil! Loving it!
Dan

o

Received from Ann. Thank you Ann!

o

Its so fun to hear whos received cards...especially when they tell what seeds were enclosed.
Thank you for sharing :)

o

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

I have not been here much, so busy lately.

I am packing up my cards today. My mail date is coming. I wish I could send more cards. I am short on seeds from wish lists though.

I look forward to this swap every year! I love getting christmas cards with seeds in them.

I hope everyone is having a nice week!
Karen

o

I received my first card from Raymond. Thanks Raymond for the poppies, cosmos, marigolds, and mustard spinach. I'll go and plant these asap. I look forward to seeing them grow. Your card also reminded me to hurry and get my seeds together. Merry Christmas.

o

So good to already see people getting cards ! Wow! I am also loving all the recipes! Wanted a good gingerbread cookie one and will definitely be trying that one! Have everything so just waiting for a day the grandsons can help!
Been working on my seeds. I have to only do some this year. Not alot of seeds and not alot of postage money! I do hate that part! But think I can make some people happy!
Enjoying seeing what all everyone gets!
Hope everyone has a good day! Melinda

o

ooh... I need to try that cheesecake recipe... been craving cheese cake but didn't really want to make a whole big cheesecake for just the 2 of us. Thanks for sharing!

o

Hi all,, oh am writing down all those fabulous recipe's too,, thanks all,,my cards are ready,,,just waiting for my deal line to come,,yippie,,Thie really makes my holiday for me,,so glad to be in gardenweb,, you all are wonderful,,let our holidays begin,,Lisa

o

Oreo balls?! Those sounds magical. Please share! :D

o

Great recipes!!!! Melinda (Ilovefarac), I need to make your rolls...love to try new roll recipes. And Kym, I would love your Oreo Ball recipe as well. And dem_pa, Gingerbread Cookies...these sound devine!!

Seeds and cards are flying! So much spirit in the air!!

Annie

o

hello Kym
when are you going to send out the santa's helper list?
I will pick some out of that list to send too.
michelle

o

I am enjoying the recipes also, any one else have some to share ? I promise to post the Oreo Ball recipe..once I get finished with the emails :)

Michelle, I will begin sending out the Santa Helper list next week.

christmas banner Pictures, Images and Photos

REMINDER...YOU MUST EMAIL ME A LIST OF SCREEN NAMES YOU ARE MAILING TO NO LATER THEN MIDNIGHT DECEMBER 1ST !!

o
bingo cards

3S Christmas BINGO Card Pictures, Images and Photos

Its BINGO time !!

How to play:

1.Pick 25 words, to make up your "card"

2.Send me a list in an EMAIL with the word "BINGO" in the subject line. Include your 25 words WITH your screen name.

DO NOT add any messages to this email, as I will not read them, once I receive this email it will go right into a folder..to check once we have a winner !

3. Keep a copy of your list on your computer to Mark Off your words, once you have ALL your words marked, you have BINGO ! Be the first to POST Bingo on the swap and you are the WINNER !!!!

4. Check the swap thread, I will randomly post Bingo words..it is your responsibilty to to keep track !

(I will always use the BINGO card photo when posting words)

**You have till Sunday Night Dec 4th at midnight to send me your bingo words, we will begin playing on MONDAY !

Here is your BINGO WORD LIST:

A Christmas Carol
Angel
Bells
Bethlehem
blitzen
candles
candy canes
camel
carol
celebrate
Christmas
Christmas tree
chestnut
chimney
cookies
comet
cupid
dasher
donkey
donner
ebenezer scrooge
eggnog
elves
frosty the snowman
fruitcake
greeting cards
gifts
gift tags
gift boxes
holiday
holly
icicle
ivy
jingle bells
jolly
joy
lights
love
mistletoe
Mrs Seedy Claus
Noel
North Pole
ornaments
Prancer
peace
presents
pie
pine
poinsettia
Rudolph
Reindeer
twinkle
Santa
season
Scrooge
sled
sleigh
sleigh bells
snow
snowflake
spirit
star
stable
stand
stocking
tinsel
tradition
togetherness
toys
Vixen
Winter
wrapping paper
wreath
yule log
stable
santa
reindeer
pointsettia
presents
prancer
joy
jingle bells
icicle
holiday
gift boxes
elves
donner
dasher
chimney
christmas tree

o

Thanks to apoppyfield for the hot banana peppers and cleome!

o

Here is another family holiday favorite:

Pumpkin Bars
Bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Icing:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.

o

I am getting excited. I actually have my Swap cards done but the ones for my family not done. I guess you can tell which cards I enjoy sending out the most.

I forgot some things on my wish list.... I was so excited to post I did it too quickly. I guess I have to buy some alyssum this year. :)

I wish I had some good recipe to share. I am losing weight and trying not to think of these yummy foods.

o

This is something we used to make at least 2x a month when my kids were young and they helped tear up the bread & mix together. The house smells wonderful after baking these & you don't feel guilty eating them because they're low fat. A great snack mid afternoon when you need more energy!

Can substitute fluid milk for the cold water for extra rich muffins. Optional to omit the dry milk then.

Bread Pudding Muffins
Serve as breakfast, snack or dinner dessert

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups cold water
1/3 cup + 1 1/2 Tablespoons Instant Non-Fat Dry Milk Powder
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, if desired
4 cups 1/2" day old bread cubes - about 6 slices
Note: Use any bread that is not savory (herbs, garlic, or cheese in it) Use cinnamon swirl, muffins, white bread, challah, french bread, wheat bread, scones, cinnamon rolls, etc.
1 Tablespoon margarine or butter, melted

Directions
1. Combine cold water & powdered milk in a medium bowl; mix well.
2. Add eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt; mix well again.
3. Add bread and mix until well moistened.
4. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 350*. Line 12 medium sized muffin cups with paper liners or spray/grease muffin tins
6. Spoon bread mixture evenly into prepared cups (can fill all the way to the top as it won't raise & spill over); drizzle evenly with margarine.
7. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until snacks are puffed and golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Note: Muffins will fall slightly upon cooling.

When cool, store in sealed container in the refrigerator because of the eggs & milk. Eat cold or reheat in toaster oven. My husband prefers them cold, but I like them warm.

o

I mailed a stack of cards today....Happy Mailboxing to all!

Lisa/ishare

o

Received a card with cleome seeds, pink and white, with a cute little card. It was from Cindy, alwaysagarden. Thank you Cindy. Cleome flowers are dearest to my heart because they are the first seeds I ever harvested for trading. That was when I first joined GW in 2001 and knew nothing about harvesting. I look forwarded to growing cleome again. Margo

o

Meant to post earlier:
ilovefarac-the rolls were a hit at thanksgiving. I used half the dough for rolls & the remaining half to make sticky buns. They were pretty good!
dem_pa--I don't know what I did wrong, but I had to add more flour to the gingerbread dough. Even after an hour in the fridge, I still couldn't roll it out. (probably didn't count my 1/2 cup measures properly...i've been kind of scatterbrained lately) They baked up just fine, though, and the flavor is really delicious.
Looking forward to trying out some more of these recipes.

I'll be mailing out my cards tomorrow. Hope you all enjoy them!
Janine

o

Pecan Squares - Pecan Pie Squares - Pecan Bars

Crust Base (see recipe below)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup*
2/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 cup (8 ounces) coarsely-chopped pecans

* Molasses may be substituted if you desire.

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Position rack in the center of the oven. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, letting the foil extend up the sides and over the edges. Either butter the aluminum foil or spray with non-stick spray.

Prepare the Crust Base. Press the crumbs onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Partially bake for approximately 12 to 17 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the top feels firm. Remove from oven and set aside to slightly cool.

While the Crust Base is cooking, prepare the Pecan Filling. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Stir until the butter melts and the brown sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer, and let simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the cream and pecans.

Pour the hot Pecan Filling over the partially baked Crust Base, spreading evenly and to the edges with a spatula. Baked approximately 22 to 25 minutes or until the filling is set when you give the pan a gentle shake. Remove from the oven to a wire cooling rack. Let set until cool and firm, approximately 1 1/2 hours.

Using the ends of the aluminum foil liner, carefully lift the Pecan Squares (in its liner) from the baking pan to a cutting board. Run a knife around the edges to loosen from the aluminum foil. Using a large, sharp knife, cut into 25 small squares.

Pecan Squares may be stored at room temperature, in an air-tight container, for up to 3 to 5 days.

Makes 25 squares.

Crust Base:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sift before measuring
1/3 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces

Using your food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt. Add the cold butter pieces and pulse until the mixture forms pea-sized, coarse crumbs. NOTE: Don't over mix as you want a crumble texture for a tender base.

o

I received bachelor button seeds in the mail today from Cindy. Thank you! I did a cheer for the family (and they rolled their eyes) and I did another cheer! What fun!

o

I got my first card today, yay!

A big thank you to Cindy -- alwaysagarden -- for the Autumn Beauty Sunflowers. These are a first for me.

o

Thanks alwaysagarden - Cindy for the profusion zinnias. Those are some of my favorites. This is my first card. Can hardly wait for my turn to mail.
Debby

o

Received my first card today. Thanks so much alwaysagarden, Cindy! Looking forward to spring already!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

My cards all went out today!

Thanks again,
PerkyBarb AKA Barbara

o

I also got my first Christmas card today!
Thank you so much Cindy for the wonderful cosmos mix!
I can't wait to grow them come spring!
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! Melinda

o

Thank you alwaysagarden for the bright orange cosmos!

o

I received a beautiful card and zinnia seeds from alwaysagarden.

Thanks, Cindy! You made my day very special.

Margaret

o

I got my first card today and jumped for joy!

It was from Randi (lily55rjw) and she spoiled me ROTTEN!

I got:

Yarrow 'Summer Wine'
Dill 'Long Island'
Astilbe 'Visions in Red'
Milkweed 'Cinderella'
American Basket Flower
Liatris - Purple
Daylily 'Cranberry Baby'
Milkweed - White Swamp

Thank you SO MUCH Randi! You gave a generous amount of each seed and I couldn't ask for anything more. I am SO. EXCITED. to get these sown next spring! You really brightened my day. Thank you again and again!

o

Thank you Cindy! I got larkspur, which I totally want but had run out of room for on my wish list. LOVE LOVE LOVE ;)
Thank you
Kathy - katkni

o

B-I-N-G-O PRIZE

I will give away one of my ANGELS to the winner.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Would anyone like me to collect the recipes, and make them into a google document ?

I cant wait to try all the recipes ! Thanks for sharing.

It is wonderful to hear all the excitement of the first cards (even if we had some Naughty elves mail early lol)

Have a wonderful weekend ! We will be decorating for Christmas tomorrow. Have you decorated ? Is your shopping done ?

o

Would love the recipes on google doc to refer back to because I remember only, "I thought I saw a chocolate brownie recipe using pumpkin somewhere..." then I can't find it.

Shopping nearly complete.

Decorating hasn't even started. Going to Lights of Christmas at another Christian camp this weekend with the staff from our camp to see lights, community theatre, petting zoo & more. Hubby is staying home because he's ill with pneumonia, so that's why no decorating is done.

Spent all my free time caring for him, cooking, cleaning to make sure no one else here gets ill. Be sure to take care of yourself so you don't get sick. This bug was a bad one as he came down with a cold on Sat. AM & right away felt crummy with fever. Tuesday fainted 2x in the morning, high fever, & zoomed him to the doctor for treatments. After 4 hours of testing, IV fluids, etc. we came back home. He's better, but in no way ready to travel or walk around outside! He barely walks around in the house without coughing & getting really tired.

I think we'll be ready to decorate without hubby if he's still not well enough next week; though he's the leader of the pack usually with the outside decor.

The shopping is going to be finished up by me & I don't mind as it's fun when you have money to spend. Kohl's cash to spend by Monday. He, he. You can't buy plants at Kohl's & I'm not buying for myself anyway.

o

banner Pictures, Images and Photos

WHO I NEED TO HEAR FROM

PLEASE email ASAP ...If your a NEWBIE ( only had 2, then just send a message with your screen name and NEWBIE..otherwise I MUST get a list from you )

If I dont hear from you by Sunday..I will make a list of, "do not allow" for the swap next year.

To those that HAVE emailed THANKS A BUNCH !!

If I missed you by accident..please just send me an email, I DO make mistakes. I also have 2 emails with NO screen name.

riley17
tlgraham
mchill320
pseudacris_crucifer
browneyedsusan
habitat-gardener
graanieb
aphroditelaughs
kellyk49
ceelegra
flowergirl77
daveedgeguitar
farmsteward
dwouster
cryptid
yotetrapper
rick-in-va
pinusresinosa
misirie

The deadline was DEC 1st and this holds up the rest of the swap...since I cant send out info to those that have offered to help behind the scenes. PLEASE, I need to hear from you ASAP !! THANKS:)

I am overwhelmed by the generosity of everyone, and am REALLY looking forward to next week, when the excitment really starts kicking in. I appreciate each of you for taking time during your Holiday Season to GIVE to others.

I hope you will display your cards, and enjoy them during the season. We would love to see photos !!

I will do a google doc this weekend for the recipes, anyone else have some to share ?

o

Kym, I sent my list to you on Nov. 29 and just now sent it again. Let me know if you still didn't get it.

o

JUST A REMINDER...JUST A REMINDER...JUST A REMINDER

When you're sending out your envelopes, remember this. If it is rigid, or more than a quarter-inch thick, it's going to be considered a PARCEL by the post office, and needs more postage than (1) first-class stamp. It'll cost about $1.20 or so.
Yesterday I received an envelope and had to pay almost a buck to finish paying the postage on it. I enjoyed the card, but having to pay for a christmas card with 2 packets of seeds in it kind of took a little of the fun out of it, and who wants to do that?
When in doubt, add one or two more stamps, okay?

And now, we return you to your regularly scheduled program...

o

Thanks, Dan.
I really hope none of my cards arrive that way! My post office assures me I used the correct postage, but those in other cities may not agree (for some strange reason!). My po says if you're sending a regular sized christmas card and it's rigid, it's considered a parcel no matter what the weight, but if it's pliable, over 1/4" & under 3/4" thick and not over 1 oz you only need to add 20 cents. If by chance any of mine arrive with postage due, please let me know: I'll reimburse you and let my PO know about it.
That said, hope you all have a nice weekend!
Janine

o

*add 20 cents to the regular 44 cent first class letter postage

o

I resent my list to you as wasn't on the one above. I also noticed I hadn't put my screen name on it. So I resent the list. PLMK if you don't get it. Thanks Melinda

o

Ooooh, getting more exciting!! Kym, you're an angel for wanting to give your angel as a prize and make a file doc from the recipes, sure will be posting more soon, love going thru everyone's recipes and getting new ideas, thanks all.
I thought I emailed you my info, have I missed including something?
emailing you now,
Merry Christmas all from Graanieb

o
recipes

christmas cookies Pictures, Images and Photos

RECIPE GOGGLE DOC

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15AtmD-ekFm-Fq1kLg_C0KYVL_0YuoNli4TqjlNYwnmk/edit
Save the link, then you can go back anytime. PLEASE let me know if I missed a recipe..

I will add the Oreo Balls when I get a minute this weekend !

Here is a link that might be useful: recipes

o

RE: the postage.........
Ditto Janine...I sent some cards/seeds out yesterday and my PO reassured me that my postage was correct as well. However, I do know PO's in other towns around here that do charge the $1.20. If anyone is owed money after receiving from my end, PLEASE let me know...email me and I will take care of it.

And if you have not mailed your send list to KYM...please do. Kym is Santa (aka the boss) and we as elves need to help her out...LOL!

And don't forget to send email your BINGO words to KYM. Love that BINGO!

Happy Saturday!!

Annie

o

Hi all,
I received my first card today and it is just wonderful. It really perked my day up. It was from Amy, amoeba-meba with magnus coneflower seeds tucked inside. Thank you so very much. I love the seeds and I really love the card.
Thanks so much,
Faye!

o

I got three cards. One yesterday and two today. I am so excited.

alwaysagarden - sent me "Red velvet sunflower" and a beautiful snowman card. Thank you so much.

Karendee - sent me a cute santa card with Jalapeno from American seed company and chocolate mini bell peppers. Love it and can't wait to grow them. Thanks a lot.

CLC70 (Connie) - sent me a nice christmas tree card with 10 packs of seeds wow!. These are:
nasturtium glorious gleam hybrid
Shasta daisy dwarf
Petunia two types
Dianthus barbatus mix
Carex caryophyllea
Salvia blue
Hosta two types
Marigold tall yellow
Thank you so much and can't wait to grow them.

o

Whoo hoo! First card of the season and it is from Karendee. Some black-eyed susans. These are my wife's favorite flower and are sure to be enjoyed by all of us, but especially her.

Thanks!

o

Janine, that's what makes working for the p.o. so interesting, all the government inconsistencies...lol! Even now, when we're simply trying to get all the Christmas cards and parcels to the proper household, upper management is handing down new rules and regulations which will just hamper us all the more. It'd be pretty easy to turn into a "scrooge", but getting involved in this swap really does help. Seeing all the giving, listening to how happy everyone gets from receiving seeds to plant in the Spring, and simply being online with everyone creates a bit of an oasis for me. Tonight I came home tired and stressed from a long 6-day work week, but reading the new posts here while listening to some Les Miserables has me beginning to feel renewed. Not that I'd want to go out of the house or anything, but I AM beginning to feel relaxed...lol! And just think! NO ALCOHOL IS INVOLVED... LOL!

HUGAS!!!

Stella the Innocent

o

I received a card from Karendee as well and it contained Northern Sea oats which I had at my old house so will be happy to see these blowing in the breeze again next year. Thank you

o

Yippie 2 wonderful cards
Thank you to cindy-alwaysagarden for the cosmos (love um)
Thank you to connie-clc70--crazy daisy-cosmos-3 wonderful kinds of columbines--smoke bush too,,,
You gals rock
Merry Christmas,,,big hugs
Lisa

o

Another card and seeds received today, from Amy, amoeba-meba. Thanks so much Amy for the Star of Yelta Morning Glory seeds. The Christmas Card is precious.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Barbara/PerkyBarb

o

Received my first card and seeds from Amy, amoeba-meba today. Yayy, I got magnus coneflowers from Amy, and a very cute card. I think these are my first coneflowers with a variety name. Thanks Amy, Connie (clc70).

o

posted once - don't see it now so sorry if this is a repeat...

Recieved my 1st card today from amoeba-meba (Amy) today!! Thank you so much for the magnus conefloer seeds!

To DAn The Mailman - I hope the envelope I mailed to you came with the right amount of postage on it. If not, please elt me know. i mailed out on the 30th due to a family emergency so you should have it by now as I am only 1 town away from you. I let my 2 year old son (3 years on January 5th!!) put on the stamps and mail out the envelopes so if I owe you postage money - PLEASE lmk! I will reimburse you!

I hope everyone is enjoying there holidays!

Randi Jo

o

Received my very first card today!! Lisa, (ishareflowers) sent me four packages of seeds!! The writing on the seed packets became smeared, probably when closing the card?...so I'm not sure what the seeds are, lol It sort of looks like salvia, but can't be certain. However, they are sure to be beautiful in my garden next year! Thank you SO much!!!

o

Rudolf, I'm so sorry..I won't lick an envelope, it's so gross to me. I use a wettish sponge, that has never happened before. I can tell you that at least two of the four packets are salvias,one is artemis and the other is framboise. I can't remember what else i sent. I will look through my notes ans see if I saved the iece of aer that I wrote down your wants that I had.

Lisa

o

This is the first time I will be trying bingo with all of you and I am not sure how it works. Please explain

o

flwrs4ever, there are some recipes on the first thread, toward the end that might be good to include:
Christmas Pretzel Reindeer Recipe
stuffed celery
Mini Pumpkin Muffins
Curry Rice
etc

Thanks for putting them in an easy to view spot for all of us :)

o

Kym, sent you another email, talked to you last week but see my name is still on the no address list.

I got my first card today! From amoeba-meba, a very nice card with a beautiful seed packet complete with pics of the flowers, instructions, and Christmas images! Thanks for the pinwheel zinnias Amy!

o

Thank you isharefowers/Lisa for the Calendula Apricot Twist, Calendula Orange Dwarf and a cute snowman made out of seeded paper, complete with growing instructions. Very cute! Lisa do you know what the seeds are in the snowman seed paper? The instructions refer to a tree. Thank you again! I love surprises!

o

I sent an email through GW, please let me know if you did not get it.

o

Barefoot,

I Picked up the snowman seeded tags because they were cute! They are actually gift tags for xmas Packages. I guess you will just have to plant it to find out...lol

Lisa

o

my cards are all ready to send out in the morning... yippeeee!!!
there are a few thicker ones, and I believe I've enough postage on them. if not, please let me and I'll send you the difference.

HAVE A PLEASANT SUNDAY EVERYONE!
-Dan

o

MANDARIN ORANGE MOUSSE

1 sm box sugar-free orange jell-o
1 sm box sugar free -fat free jell-o white chocolate pudding-no milk
1 can ( 1 cup drained) mandarin orange slices ( or use fresh mandarin, I will)
1 8-oz tub fat free Cool Whip

Mix jell-o with 1 cup boiling water; dissolve completely.
Add 1 cup cold water and let it stand 5 min.
Beat in pudding and mix until well combined.
Fold in drained fruit and Cool Whip. Chill and serve.

Makes 4 1-cup servings. 139 cal each.

o
Holiday cake recipe

Divine Pear Cake

If we show up without this cake at Thanksgiving or Christmas, there is always a fuss! So, we have to make two of them each time. The recipe is easily doubled!
Now, for this recipe you can use store bought pears. However, I prefer to go out to the pear trees and rake back the leaves and find old pears I missed or ones that fell off after I gathered the "last" of them up. These make the best cake ever. If you have to use store bought, I recommend putting them in the fridge and leaving them there about a week or two till they are good and brown and a little mushy.

4 cups peeled, cored and chopped pears
2 cups white sugar
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
4 egg whites
2/3 cup canola oil
1 cup chopped pecans
Cinnamon and sugar to your liking.
Jar of good caramel (or make some homemade...which is what I do..it's too easy not to)

Combine the pears and the sugar and let stand for one hour.
Preheat oven to 325. Spray a large bundt pan with non stick spray. Generously sprinkle sugar and cinnamon into your pan. This will give it a nice crunchy crust.
Slightly beat the egg whites and combine them with the oil, chopped pecans and pear mixture.
Stir the flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in the pear mixture. Pour batter into the pan.
Bake at 325 for about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Remove from pan onto cake plate. Drizzle entire jar (or your preference) onto the top of the cake.

o

I received my poppy seeds from alwaysagarden. Thanks for the nice Christmas mail treat.

o

Good evening everyone !

THANKS to those that sent me emails this weekend..I will start sending around the "SPECIAL Elf" list tomorrow. I do want to say..even with having 150 Elves/Santas the first year...this year is the most EVEN I have seen the receiving list ! Everyone was very generous..and It just warm my heart :)

BINGO words MUST be emailed to me tonite !

**Someone asked how it works. Once you pick ur words and send them to me..on Monday I will begin to post a few words each day. You mark them off your "card" ( or list) when you have ALL ur words you have BINGO.

I beleive I have ALL the recipes on the google DOC now..thanks for all the wonderful recipes to try !

o

is there a pre made list of words to use for bingo? i feel so dopey for not knowing this

o

I figured it out! Sorry

o

ohhh that pear cake sounds delicious!! *putting it on my TO DO list...lol

Emailing my bingo words now!

~Wendy

o

I emailed my bingo words...
just one question...
is Dancer missing?

o

ishareflowers...you don't have to be sorry! I love any seeds I receive! I'll know what they are once they start blooming! I forgot to mention to you that I LOVED the card, also! I am a big fan of snow globes, and the one on the front with the snowman.. when you shake it, it's like a real snowstorm! Thanks again!

o

I am so very excited! I received Christmas cards from Annie (Canyonwind),Cris (barefoot gardener), Angela (knuffle bunny farmer), and Janine (jaynine). Thank you all very much for the beautiful cards. You were all so very generous! I'm putting th cards up, I never receive Christmas cards so this is awesome!

o

I received 2 cards so far.

Thank you very much to karendee for the blue balloon flower seeds.

I also got Astra blue dwarf balloon flower seeds and a Kleenex sample pack from amoeba-meba. I can always use tissues. Thanks!

I'll grow them both and see what happens. I am pretty excited about the dwarf ones. Very cool. Thanks again!

o

***HAPPY DANCE!****

I got my first card :0)

Thank you so much alwaysagarden (Cindy)!!!!
Bachelor Buttons are always a wonderful surprise!:)

Merry Christmas!!
vina

o
Correction to Thank You

Sorry about thanking for the tissues. My wife just informed me at work that the tissues were a free sample that Kleenex sent, not from amoeba-meba. Oops. Still pretty cool that we now have some free tissues.

o

GARDENDAD 2K10

Thank you for a much needed laugh today!!!

o

Wow, Santa arrived at my house today!! Thanks so very much to these wonderful elves!
Karendee-purple agastache
Alana-zinnia gigantea primrose
Lisa-mixed poppies, lychnis angel's blush, calendula pink
surprise, lavender haze agastache, lynchis peggy,
salmon maltese cross, and black beauty dahlia, and a
very cute snowman seed tape
Janine-chocolate vine seeds!, zinnia old mexico, and blue
cockade scabiosa
Daveedgeguitar- oriental poppies

I can't thank you all enough! This has been a bad year for me and I am so thrilled to have so many things from my wish list! You all are wonderful! And such beautiful cards also!! Thanks again from the bottom of my heart!1
Hugs to all! Melinda

o
�� Thank you ��

Yay!!! More Christmas cards arrived today!!! Perfect timing too! They came at the perfect time to cheer me up. THANK YOU!!!

Thank you to PerkyBarb for the card, purple coneflowers, and toad lillies!!!

Thank you to Jaynine for the card, Sweet Williams, Yellow Toad Lillies, and White Nicotiana!!!

And Thank you to Katkni for the card, Anise Hyssop, Teddy Bear Sunflower, White Coneflower, Calendula, and the Snapdragons!!!

Again, thank you all so much and Merry Christmas!!!

�� Randi Jo ��

o
Rate & Reviews

Just wanted to say I wrote on the R & R forums for all those I recieved seeds 7 cards from so far. If i missed anything, PLMK. I did have to start a thread for Amy as she didn't have one yet but so far, everyone else did! Once again, THANK YOU all SO much!!!

Randi Jo

o

I received very neat seeds from jaynine--geranium maximowiczii, ipomoea Heian Akathuki, and nicotiana Darkness--and from daveedgeguitar--iris ensata and hibiscus Lemon Slice. That's a gorgeous JMG, jaynine, and I was beginning to suspect that particular nicotiana was no longer available. And Japanese iris and hibiscus are two of my favorite flowers, Dave. Many thanks! You both made my Monday!

o

I received my first cards today.

I received from aggiebee: NY asters,perfecta lilac scabiosa, cauliflower graffiti, and calendula officianalis. Thanks.

I received from jaynine: Castor bean "Pretty Purple",Delphinium "Astolat", and Sweet Scabiosa "Blue Cockade".

And from amoeba-meba: Balloon flower "Astra Blue", Zinnia "pinwheel Mix", and Magnus Coneflower.

I also received a beautiful Christmas card from each of them.

Don

o

I received my first cards today also! Completely made my day!! Thank you to both daveedgeguitar and jaynine!! Love the cards and the seeds.
Daveedgeguitar sent me yellow brandywine tomato seeds and burpless wonder cucumber seeds.
Jaynine sent me grape tomato seeds, 'Legend' tomato seeds and 'Spacemaster' cucumber seeds.
I am super excited to try them all!! Thank you sooo much!!!

o

I received my first cards today! So exciting!!

Daveedgeguitar sent Morning Glory 'Heavenly Blue' and 'Scarlett O'Hara', and Canterbury Bells Cup-and-Saucer mix (so cute and old-fashioned looking!).
Jaynine sent Heuchera Sanguinea 'Firefly' (my those are tiny seeds!), Morning Glory 'Scarlett O'Hara' and Tovara Virginiana 'Variegata' Painters Palette.
Poisondartfrog sent Ipomoea Nil 'Blizzard on the Beach' (so unusual!)

The cards were beautiful and I can't wait to share the seeds with my neighbors this winter as we make our first foray into winter sowing in January.

Amy

o
R & R Forum?

Randi Jo -

What is the R & R Forum? Where do I find it?

Thanks
Amy

o

I got another card, thanks Amy ( amoeba-meba) for the really nice card and the Magnus Coneflower and the Pinwheel Mix Zinnia's, both are favorites of mine.
Debby

o

YEAH

I got my first cards today.

Thank You

graphics18.com : Thank You : Forward this Picture

Daveedgeguitar sent me herbs
Jaynine sent me some more herbs

Thanks both of you!!

o
amy

Amy, The R & R forums can be found when you click on the exchange forums. I posted the link below!

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate & Review

o

Woopie!!!! I received my first card today from Jaynine with Geranium yoshinoi 'Confetti', Princess Victoria Louise Poppy and Rudbeckia Prairie Glow. I can't wait to see them grow. Thanks Jaynine!!!

o

I got a nice surprise today...two cards were in the mailbox.

Jaynine sent me nigella persian red,oenthera campylocalyx and forget me not rose. I am very happy to have these added to my garden!

ameeba-meba sent me a generous amount of zinnia pinwheel mix, I can't wait for spring.

I'm watching my childhood friend slip away with brain cancer and your cards actually put a smile on my face this afternoon!

Thanks to both of you for thinking of me this holiday season.

Lisa

o

Got 2 more cards today!

From PerkyBarb, a nice wreath card and datura moonflower seeds. Thanks!!! Will def. have to sow these next spring!

From jaynine, a Christmas Tree card along with Moonflower vine seeds(HOORAY! I couldn't get mine to set seed in time before the frost so I didn't have any to save!), some Hops (had no idea the seeds looked like that! Do you happen to know the variety?) and Some Penny Black Seeds. I have never ever heard of Penny Black and I am super excited about them. I Googled them and they are GORGEOUS! I love black flowers!

Thank you both so much for the seeds. They will all be planted next spring! I'm very grateful!

o

Thank you to jaynine for the following seeds:

- Scabiosa atropurpurea, Sweet Scabious "Blue Cockade"
- Hibiscus Moscheutos, Rose Mallow
- Primula Veris, Cowslip "Sunset Shades"

I do not have any of those varieties and they seem very interesting. Can't wait to see them bloom!

I really liked the card and that the outside was stamped with a Christmas pig. We've been meaning to get a Christmas pig for an outdoor decoration this year. ha ha. Thank you for being so very generous.

o

1st secret santa swap card arrived today from jaynine (Janine) with tiny ziplocks taped inside under a piece of foam packing overlap. The seeds sent were all pinkish flowers (my favorite color) Snapdragon 'Ruby', Calendula officinalis 'Pink Surprise', & Heuchera sanguinea 'Firefly'.

Thank you, Janine for thinking ahead & taping the packets to the card because the end of the envelope was split open in transit and they wouldn't have arrived safely otherwise.

I'm happy to have received them safely and plan to winter sow them.

o

I received two beautiful cards today. It was dark and gloomy and these put a spark in my day.

perkybarb sent me white columbine and purple morning glory seeds.

jaynine sent me Rainmaster petunia, nicotiana sylvestris and evening scented stock seeds.

Thank you so much Janine and Barb!

o

I sent off a card last week, and got a card from Jaynine. Thank you Jaynine, for the orache, soapwort and hops! I'm excited!

CC

o

Finally, my first card from none other than Janine (Jaynine). A Christmas tree card with:
Thai pattern Green Eggplant
Christmas Lima's (love the reference to the holiday with these seeds!!)
Banana Melon

Thank you so much!

o

Oh my goodness, this is even more fun than I thought it would be (and I knew it would be fun)! It was dark and rainy but when I got home tonight I had four lovely cards.

Pseudacris-crucifer sent a great handmade card with a pop-up christmas tree plus cardinal flower seeds, golden alexander seeds and Nootka Rose garlic bulbils.

PerkyBarb sent yellow columbine seeds and a card with a beautiful winter wreath.

ishareflowers sent a cheery snowman card with a clever little card inside to hold seeds of columbine calimero, dianthus firewitch, and sweet william holburn glory.

jaynine sent a christmas tree card with seeds for sweet pea 'incense mix', california poppy 'jelly beans' and sweet william holburn glory.

Thank you all so much for taking time out of your busy lives to share your seeds and some holiday spirit. I can't wait to try these and when I plant the seeds I'll be remembering your wonderful generosity.

Margie

o

Have 2 cards today, brightened my day, thank you very much Janine ( Jaynine) for the card and seeds -my wants-zinnia peppermint stick,parsley and impatients xtreme lilac- something how we have just about every color except lilac and wanted it. Like the way you taped thin enough pad over taped down seeds, in case they are stamped wont get crushed may be, but will do so this year and use just 1 stamp, kernel by kernel= cornbread, stone by stone= palace. :)
And thank you Barbara -Perky Barb for Red Hibiscus, another want. Another good idea taping bubble wrap over seed pkts, am not going to use folded bubble wrap across the whole envelope again.
Love the cards and wishes, blessings and all the best to all.
Bea

rainy day, was busy making sugar free orange marmalade and orange parfait, both with jello, will post recipes once I edit them, someone will like some...smile

o

I just received my first card. Thanks for the dark pink adenium seeds, Jaynine; I am going to have a forest of Desert Roses next year!

--Jordan

o

I got my first card today from Lisa/ishareflowers with:
Geraniums Max Frei, Johnson's Blue, Confetti & Espresso, pink flowering Japanese Anemone and Dianthus Eastern Star. Thanks so much for these & the snowman card & seed paper tag...you brightened up my day!
redthreaddiy~I'm sorry, I don't know the hops variety.
I'm really enjoying reading everyone's posts.

o

Got my first batch of cards today!

Thanks barefootgardener12 for the Swiss Chard and Habanero seeds!

Thanks jaynine for the kale, fennel, and cilantro seeds!

I have a little confession to make: I haven't send out my seeds yet. I've been real busy with finals (I teach a community college). I'll probably send them out later this week, like on Wednesday or Thursday, after I'm done giving my students their finals and getting them all graded and getting my final grades turned in. They WILL get there before Xmas!

o

I received 2 cards today!

Thanks perkybarb for the pink hollyhocks, white coneflowers, purple coneflowers and white swan coneflowers!

Thanks to jaynine for Rainmaster petunias, Bull's Blood beets and homemade pickles cukes!

Got my seeds all packed, just needing to stick em into cards and write out the addresses. I love this swap.

o
bingo words day 1

ANGELS
CANDLES
GIFT BOXES

o

I received 5 cards today! I'm wondering if someone was stockpiling them or if you all called each other to mail on the same day! ha
Jaynine, what a VERY BUSY elf you have been! Thank you to:
Davidedgeguitar Gaillardia Purple coneflower
Jaynine Red Swallowwort (pink) Evening Primrose Tina James Magic Castor Oil Bean purple
Amoeba-meba Purple Coneflower Magnus (I love your GW name!)
Aggiebee Cosmos bright lights med Rudbeckia "Henry Eilers" Scabiosa Perfecta Lilac Veronica
Pseudacris-crucifer cute fold out xmas card Tall Yellow Coneflower Red Milkweed NE Aster

I apologize if I mixed up any seed-sender and the seed they sent. I was in seventh heaven! Bring on the Egg Nog! Heidi

o

I received three cards today from:
Daveedgeguitar-Lilliput Zinnias, Coreopsis golden wave, Red Columbines
Aggiebee -Purple aster, Echinops bannaticus
Karendee- Agastache purple.
Wow! Thank you ever so much!
Susan.

o

I got my first card today! Many thanks to Jaynine for Christmas lima beans, basil, and kale!

o

More cards today for me too!
Thank you to Jaynine for the rue and flower seeds. The lime green nicotiana are what I have really been wishing and hoping for the most of all. I googled the orange sweet pea and WOW what a color.

And thank you to daveedgeguitar for the zinnia and marigolds. These are two of my favorite annuals, because we always planted those with my grandma. And zucchini! Can you believe I didn't have any zucchini this year??

Kathy

o

I finally got all of my cards ready to send and will be sending tomorrow. I think the people who I'm sending to will be delightfully surprised. I can't wait to hear when they get them!

o

Seed collecting is a SERIOUS DISEASE !! I am reading the lists going " OHHHHH, AHHHHH, that sounds great! " Someone PLEASE HELP ME !!

This is the only time of year I actually LOOK for the mailman~ Isnt "MAILBOXING" F-U-N !?!?

I received some really pretty cards from:
Perkybarb
ameoba-meba
dem_pa
dave
jaynine

THANKS BUNCHES !! I save ALL my Christmas Cards. This year the kids got a kick out of seeing the ones they received from friend in Elementery school and seeing the messages inside.

BTW...OREO BALL recipe has been added to the recipe list !

o

Received my first card today from 'Karendee', she sent me some purple agastache which is #1 on my grow list for next season! Thanks so much!!

~Wendy

o

Wow! got 4 more cards today and very excited.

jaynine - sent me a pretty Christmas Tree card along with
Rudbekia "cherry brandy" Phlox drummondii 'coral reef' and
Sweet peas "elegance chiffon mix" Thank you so much can't
wait to grow them.

PerkyBarb - sent me a beautiful Christmas wreath card with
Black pearl pepper and Hosta mixed seeds. Thanks a lot

daveedgeguitar - sent me a beautiful snowman card with
Zinnia 'cut & come again', Marigold 'best mix', Sugar Hosta
and Jalapeno Pepper. Thank you so much can't wait to grow
them.

ishareflowers - sent me nice snowman card with Zinnia 'red
spider', Salvia coccinea, pompom zinnia, and Salvia blue
angel. Thanks a lot for these & seed paper tags.

o

Got home to find a pile of Christmas cards filled with much needed seeds. A big Christmas greeting and thanks to

barefootgardener12
ishare
jaynine
perky Barb
clc70

I am practically falling asleep at the computer so don't have the energy to list the seeds but everyone did a great job of sharing and filling my gardens.

Thanks all, smitties

o

i got two cards today and now it really feels like the holidays have begun! perkybarb sent me some purple ipomoea nil, which i am very excited about, and primrose, one of my absolute favorites! jaynine sent me some bronze lettuce, canary bird vine-- which i tried this year and failed,so yay for second tries lol-- and corkscrew vine, which has been on my very most wanted want list for a long time :) thank you both for making the holidays shine :) wheeeeeee! i love this swap. i've been looking forward to it all year lol

o
RE: re: UPDATE: Secret Santa 2011 Games, Thanks, Recipes and mor

so, i have no mantle at the new house upon which to display my cards. i am wondering what kind of cool creative ways everyone displays their cards? looking for inspiration :)

o

I went to my mail box and it was full of cards it was so exciting it made my week! Here is what I received and from whom!
Beautifully packaged morning glory (my favorites) star of yelta and balloon flower from AMOEBA-MEBA I love the growing instructions!

Alyssum,marigold, helichrysum and gypsophila with a beautiful card from PASH

Zinnia and a beautiful solstice card from POISON DART FROG

Tomato (beefsteak), calendula (radio), and cosmos (cranberries) and a beautiful card from JAYNINE

Tomato (jersey giant), tomato (granny Cantrell), polka dot cornflower, lunaria, gaillardia (oranges & lemons), baby's breath, eyeball plant, rose and novels blue!!! From CANYONWIND (ANNIE) if I got GW name wrong I apologize!

I just can't thank you all enough my flower beds will be beautiful and my garden bountiful! Thank you for including me and taking time to send cards and seeds!

I am off to google how to plant and which ones I can winter sow! Sooo excited to be back in the garden!!
Many blessings to my GW friends!
Thank you Kym this has been wonderful!

o

rosemctier..one year the kids and I taped them on a wall in the shape of a tree.This year I will hang them around a door frame I beleive.

I have also seen people use a ribbon, run it across an area in ur room ( high enough so people can walk under..lol) and then u just hang them on the ribbon.

I REALLY hope everyone will share photos of their card displays !!

o

jaynine sent a beautiful card, Rose Forget Me Not, White Star Zinnia and Sparkling Wine Cosmos. I love them all!

Thanks, jaynine.

The seeds and cards that I receive this year are very special. Surgery and a nasty fall have limited my ability to do the holiday things that I love. Sharing seeds and cards and reading all of your posts always makes my day better.

o

"Woo hoooo!! Yeah baby!!" Received my first card today! :) - Thank you so much, jaynine, for the kewl Christmas tree card and seeds...Amish Paste tomato, Hyssop Mix and Horehound (great for loosening phlegm and mucus, releives coughs and sore throats, an immune booster, good source of vitamins A, B, C and E, essential fatty acids, iron, potassium and marrubin (an expectorant)!)

Horehound Cough Syrup

1/2 c fresh Horehound leaves (or 1/4 c of dried)
2 c water
3 c liquid honey

Boil Horehound leaves in stainless steel pot. Remove from heat and allow to steep for about 10 minutes. Strain, then add honey. Mix well and bottle. The amount of honey can be adjusted for taste and consistency.

Horehound Cough Drops

1 c fresh or dried Horehound
1 c water
2 c brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
Enough icing sugar to cover finished drops

Put the Horehound leaves in a stainless steel saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes then cool. Strain and squeeze out the herbs. Put the liquid back into the pan and add the brown sugar and honey. While continually stirring with a wooden spoon, bring the liquid back to simmer. Keep stirring and when the liquid falls from the spoon in a thread, test it by dropping it into a cup of cold water. If you have a candy thermometer, the temperature should reach at least 300 degrees F. When the mixture hardens enough to crack with your teeth, it's ready. If you overdo it and the mixture crystallizes, just add a little more water and a little more honey. When ready, pour the mixture into a lightly buttered baking dish. When cool enough, score the top to facilitate breaking the hardened mixture into squares or diagonals. Once broken up, shake icing sugar over the Horehound cough drops to keep them from sticking together. Store in a moisture-proof glass jar.

o

"Posted by rosemctier z5/6 waynesburg PA (My Page) on Mon, Dec 5, 11 at 22:14

so, i have no mantle at the new house upon which to display my cards. i am wondering what kind of cool creative ways everyone displays their cards? looking for inspiration :)"

Rose, last year, we paper-clipped our SSSS cards to a smallish fiber optic Christmas tree on our dining room table. Elsewise, in times past, we've strung ribbon or braided green-n-white string and clipped them to that. We love Christmas cards! Used to receive and send a lot,...but not anymore, alas, except for this wonderful GW SSSS! "Elly & I love GardenWeb!" :)

o

I got my cards today and I want to thank the generous people who sent out their cards to me.

Kanrendee - Thanks so much for the datura!

Amoeba-meba - I was really hoping for echinacea purpurea...thanks so much!

Jaynine - Thanks for all the things you sent me ... the lemon balm and walking onions especially!

Knufflebunnyfarmer - I can't thank you enough for the variety of seeds you sent me!

Merry Christmas everyone and thanks again!

o

Received a card today from Aggie aka Aggiebee with 3 envies of seeds, Nasturtium, Cardinal Climber and Veronica. Can't wait to start them. Very nice card and note also.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours Aggie.
Thanks so much,
Barbara

o

Today was exciting. Received my first cards.
Got 3 beautiful cards from,
daveedgeguitar - Coreopsis verticillata & Zinnia Giant mix

ishareflowers - Celosia argentia, Celosia argentia yellow, Celosia short red brain, Celosia Lt. Pink Candles, Celosia Hot Pink spicata & a cute little seed stocking w/ instructions

jaynine - Zinnia Benary's Giant Scarlet, Nigella Persian Red & cosmos Snowpuff.

Me and my hummingbirds and butterflies love all of them
Thanks to all for sharing and
Merry Christmas All

o

Received two more cards today! It was also rainy and dreary here, and of course, the promise of these seeds blooming next Spring brightened the day! Jaynine sent a beautiful card with a lovely Christmas tree on it, and inside were "America" Sweet Peas, (LOVE those), "Benary's Giant" Zinnias, (my husband also loves zinnias as much as I do!), and catnip!! My two cats, Noel and Tiger send you a special thanks for those!!! Thank you so much, jaynine!!
I also received a card from Amy, (amoeba-meba), with beautiful sparkly Santas on the front!! Inside were a very generous amount of "Star of Yelta" morning glories, and "Pinwheel" zinnias! I've never grown pinwheel zinnias, they look beautiful..can't wait to see them in my garden! Thank you both so much!!! This is my week to mail. I have half of my cards ready to go out tomorrow..the other half will go out on Wednesday!

o

Janine, thank you for the Roman Chamomile, Golden Oregano and Lovage. The card still smells like Lovage and it's making me hungry!

Thanks ishareflowers for the Spilanthese, I am so pumped to grow this provocative flower!

o

Rosemctier - I don't have a mantle either, and am planning to use ribbon on doors around the house as a display method. Check out the link for info!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ribbon Christmas Card Holder

o

I got mail......

I just opened up yesterdays mail...so lovely!

*Poisondartfrog (Alana) sent Happy Solstice wishes with Tomato Carbon seeds. Thank you!

*Janine sent Seasons Greetings with Asarina Scandens Creeping Gloxinia "Joan Lorraine", Nasturium "Whirlybird Mahogany" and Sweet Pea "Cupani's Original" seeds. Thank you!

*Ishareflowers (Lisa) sent me Winter Wishes with a very coooolllll snowman with Dianthus "Black Magic", Black Eyed Susan Vine, Dianthus "Sooty", Salvia "Blue Angel", Tweedia seeds and a Tweedia plant...yes, a Tweedia plant in wonderful condition!!! Thank you!

Thank you ladies for your generosity. Alana, Janine and Lisa, Merry Christmas to each of you!

Annie

o

SEEDS!

Thanks Pseudacris crucifer for the tree card, Boneset, Sunflower, Showy Goldenrod and cup plant all will look good in the garden.

Jaynine, thanks for the Salvia, Kale, and riesentraube tomatoe. Will try to grow all in 2012!

ishareflowers, thanks for the disco bloom sunflowers!

thanks for all the cards! dd

o

Yippie 4 more for me oh this is so much fun;;;;
Big thanks and lots of hugs to;;;
perky barb--purple & pink columbines--& cleome mix
love um
daveedgeguitar--red maple--cleomes--columbine love um

jaynine-- sooty--cleomes--cosmos love um

karendee--malva--holly hocks love um

Oh you all rock thank you so much,, love my cards
Lisa

o

Hi All,

I received my first three cards:

knufflebunnyfarmer: Spinach-Cherry Belle Radish
daveedgeguitar: Pepper-Radish-Basil
karendee: Blackberry Lilly

Thank you all very much I can't wait to start wintersowing.

Margarita10

o
apology

I just want to apologize to anyone that recieves cards from me that may say postage due. I have had 1 let me know that his came with postage due on it and I mailed him out the postage due today along with an apology letter. It was my mistake in the beginning by being in a huge rush to get them in the mail due to a family emergency. I'm sure we have all been there, done that where are heads are just not on straight. If anyone else gets a card from me and it comes as a postage due, please let me know and I will get the difference out in the mail asap. Once again, I apologize and next year, I promise to bring everything into the PO to have them weigh/measure the packages.

Sincerely sorry,
Randi Jo

o

I received a very nice holiday card from Alana/poisondartfrog today with Petunia 'Ultra Rose' enclosed. Thank you Alana~they are much appreciated!

o

I have received cards and seeds from:

Pash: Eggplant Black Beauty, Spinach Vancouver, Green Zebra Tomato and a beautiful variety of Bush Beans. I lost my glasses and I can't make out the name. Any help is appreciated Pash! lol They are almost too pretty to plant! Thank you!! Merry Christmas!

Pseudacris crucifer: Garlic Chives, Hard neck Garlic Bulbs 'Estonian Red', Black Krim Tomato. Also enclosed is a very cute pop up tree card. Thank you and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Jaynine: Cosmos 'Cosimo Dancing Dolls', Calendula 'Kablouna Lemon' and Night Phlox. Thank you Janine. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

dave edge guitar: Bush Beans and Cosmos Sensation Mix. Thanks dave! Merry Christmas.

knufflebunnyfarmer: Speckled Butter Beans, Spinach 'Bloomingdale'. Very generous amounts I might add. Thanks Angela. Merry Christmas to you!

Now that all these seeds are coming in, I am more than anxious to plant them!!! It's going to be a long winter! Sigh!

o

Wow, received two cards today.
A very pretty card from Lisa/Ishareflowers with flowering gale seeds which I can never find. Now I know who packages and sells them. Thanks so much Lisa, I just love these plants.
Also a very nice card from Daveedgeguitar with Straight8 cucumber seeds and pink Morning Glory seeds.
Thanks so much Dave.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both!
Barbara/PerkyBarb

o

I received a card from knufflebunnyfarmer...great selection of seeds! Cayenne peppers, Organic Brandywine Heirloom tomatoes, (our favorite)"Tiger Eyes" Marigolds, and Birdhouse Gourds!! I have always wanted to grow birdhouse gourds!! Now I can! Thank you so much!!!!

o

I got a blank card from Brian - who I looked up and saw that he was raisedbedgardener. The card is gorgeous - a glittered bird scene. I also got red/white amaryllis seeds, which I think got crushed in the mail, but I'm still going to try to germinate them! I have always wanted to try amaryllis seeds. They seeds look so cool! Thanks a ton Brian!

From knufflebunnyfarmer, I got purple hyacinth beans, which I am so grateful for, since mine didn't produce seed in time before winter weather struck. She also sent me Tall Vine Brandywine heirloom tomatoes, which is a variety that I haven't tried yet! I am super excited about them both - thank you so much!

As for my progress in sending cards, I have been working nonstop all day every day for about a week, putting together packets and matching packets to the right people. It's pure insanity, but I'm having fun :)

o

I got another card in the mail yesterday from ishareflowers. The card is very cool, it has a snowman with snow in the front that you can shake. It looks retro and really neat. She also sent me a bunch of seeds:

- Hibiscus 'Kopper King' (the blooms look beautiful)
- Pincushion Flower 'Butterfly Blue' (My butterfly blue died a couple years ago, so I am very grateful)
- Balloon Flower 'Hakone White' (never had this variety - can't wait to sow the seeds)
- Hibiscus 'Luna Rose' (such striking colors!)
- Penstemon 'Violet Dusk' (Never grew a penstemon and can't wait to see the blooms)

Wow how generous! Thanks a lot Lisa. The seeds are very much appreciated.

o

Three cards today, how great it is.
Dem-pa/Donald sent a very pretty card with morning glory seeds. Thanks so much.
jaynine sent a very cute card with Nasturtium, datura and Japanese morning glory seeds. Thanks Janine
Debby-1 sent a great card with Pink Thrift and Morning Glory seeds. Thanks Debby.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
Barbara/Perkybarb

o

I got another card today.
Ed / Salsacanner

Thank You

graphics18.com : Thank You : Forward this Picture

Thank you to Ed / Salsacanner
He sent me several herbs, Black eyed susan, tomatoes and peppers.

It was like he knew exactly what I wanted!

I love this swap so much!! It is the best part of the year for me!!

Karen

o

3 Cards today! Yippee!

Moonflowers with a gorgeous golden Christmas card from daveedgeguitar - I am so happy you sent these! I originally got the moonflowers I grew this year FROM you! They never set seed for me, so I am grateful that you sent more! Thanks!!!

Mexican Flame Vine with a fun snowman/reindeer card from rbrady - I have NEVER ever tried these, and I have been wanting to forever! I am SO. EXCITED! about these!!! Thanks a million!

From dem-pa, I got some Philadelphia White Box Radishes, Flamingo Feather Celosias, and Sugar Baby Watermelons! I have never grown the first 2 varieties and can always use more watermelon seeds! The radishes look really neat - and I will happily save seeds from them to share with others in the future. Those celosias look stunning. I have only grown mixes of celosias so I am just really psyched about the ones you sent. Thank you!!!

I am so excited about all the new seeds I have received. Every variety will be planted and loved. Thank you again so much for everything!

o

Just received my first two cards today , thanks so much fbrady-Rhonda , and liaynine - Janine . Hope you have a Bright and Merry Holiday season .

o

Received 3 cards today. Merry Christams to all.
I got large Cherry Tomatoes and Cilantro from Debbie (debbie_1)
Don (dem-pa) sent Catnip, Spider Flowers, Lincoln Peas, Vermont Appaloosa Bush Beans, Pa Dutch red lima bush beans, Painted Pony Bush Beans
Janine (jaynine) sent Tomato Riesentraube, Sweet Banana Peppers and Calypos Cilantro.
Thanks to all, I'm going to have a great garden next year.
Ed, SalsaCanner

o

Thanks to knufflebunnyfarmer for ambition shallots. Yum! Also big thanks to jaynine fir lithrops, nemophilla pennyblack and delphineum!

o

Looks like there's a new thread started for writing your Thank You's. Click the link to thank people on the new one!

Here is a link that might be useful: UPDATE: Secret Santa Thanks, games, recipes and more(#3)

o

Looks like I'll be the last one posting here.

Thank you to dem-pa for the following seeds:
- Hairy Beardtongue (Penstemon Hirsutus)
- Amaranth 'Pygmy Torch'
- Cupids Dart (Catananche caerulea)
- New England Aster
They all look so interesting and I can't wait to plant them. Thank you so much for your generosity as it is much appreciated!

Debby_1 sent hydrangea seeds and High Carotene tomatoes which I have never tried before. Looking forward to growing them both, thank you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here