Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: 2013 Everything Goes New Years Fresh Seed Swap

Posted by godsgarden9 z9LA (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 10:11

Welcome to the 2013 New Years Fresh Seed Swap Details for Swap
1) Everyone is welcome to participate if you have 5 packets to send in or if you have 300 packets to send in you are all welcome to participate, its a lot of fun.
2) You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until January 8. If you still need a little more time, this is fine.
3) Please send a return mailing label and enough postage to return your new fresh seeds back to you� or if you want to just insert a new envelope with postage this is fine.
4) Seed packet amounts, these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, small 50+, Medium 25+, Large 10+. Please make a list of what you send in, this will assist me so you will receive all different ones in return.
5) You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless, you have plenty and want to donate some to newbies.
6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.
7) Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com, if you post on garden web and it doesn�t leave your email address.

8) This is to be fun, and you should receive a lot of new varieties that you don�t have, and it is mostly dependent on you , if you send lots of the more common varieties you will get similar in return.. So sign up today, and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

9) You can list your preferences, flowers, vegetables, mixed, or such, thanks

10) If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address godsgarden9@yahoo.com.
Mail to 1012 Monroe Street Gretna, LA. 70053 ************************

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: 2013 Everything Goes New Years Fresh Seed Swap

Count me in on this one. Missed the last one due to nonorganization on my part..lol.

o

I would like to join! Thanks!

o

I would like to join! Thanks!

o

yeah I'm in

o

Yes :)

o

Add me to the list. Thanks.

Don

o

I'm a newbie and would love to sign up please. Thank you for hosting godsgarden!

o

hello
i would like to play
thanks for hosting
michelle

o

I would like to play. Thanks!

o

Count me in.

o

Hello everyone,
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are getting there houses cleaned. I had to work half a day on Thanksgiving and have only had one day off since then. Amazon is busy this time of year!!!! I will clean house after Christmas maybe. I managed to get tomorrow off so I will catch up with everything tomorrow.
Melissa your box is in the mail. Confirmation #9405 5036 9930 0216 6901 86

Good night and everyone have a great Friday.
Faye!

o

Oops I am so sorry. I am so tired I did not realize what I was doing. I am so sorry for posting on the wrong one.
Please forgive me.
Faye!

o

I'll join hope we can get some more players!

o

Count me in. I'll start sorting from this year's seeds this week end.

KimKa

o

I would like to join if I'm not too late. I've got lots of seeds I'd like to share.

Daisy

o

I would like to join if I'm not too late. I've got lots of seeds I'd like to share.

Daisy

o

Thank you so much for hosting again this year. I'm in!

o

I would love to join this Swap!

o

I would love to join this Swap!

o

I would love to join if ok. I'm a newbie and don't have many uncommon seeds, but the seeds I have I can make it up in volume. Gone a little overboard in this beginning. :)
Thanks,
Lea

o

Mailed out my seeds today!

o

Hi Willy, I would like to join too. I mailed my seeds to you today.

o

I would like to join & will send seeds out between Christmas & New Years to you....if that's OK?
I have a lot of natives to share as well as fresh seeds harvested this year!
Thanks for hosting,
Lila

o

Could you please email me your address so I can mail my seeds next week? My GW email is not working, I sent IT an email but so far no go. If you send it to my other address tcmcaking@mac.com that would be great!!

Thanks,
Connie King

o

@chefconnie
Hi Connie, Willy's address is at the top of this page. :)

o

@alwaysgarden....thanks so much...silly me!

o

I am new to these swaps, I missed that godsgarden9 had put the mailing address above so I asked her to email me her address. I got an email from someone else saying to send my seeds to them. It's not the same address or GW username as posted above. It doesn't seem correct to me. I have emailed part of the email to godsgarden9 but haven't heard anything back from her yet. This doesn't seem right does it? Has this ever happened to anyone else? It's fine if it's someone helping her but I don't have a lot of seeds to spare and if I lost my set I am sending to this swap I wouldn't be able to gather enough to resend.

o

I missed the address on top also. Hopefully he will get back to you
chefconnie. Sounds like someone is trying to scam you out of your
seeds.

Linda

o

I mailed my seeds today to the address at the top of this post. I used delivery confirmation so all should be good.

o

I mailed my seeds this morning.

Don

o

Okay,...you know I'm in for ths! :)

o

I would love to join -- will send my seeds tomorrow!!
Thank you

o

sent you a email!!
Thanks,
Crisann

o

I'm in!! missed out on most swaps this year and trying to get back into swapping.

Barbi

o

- Bump -

o

My seeds are now officially in the mail! - Happy New Year everyone! Gonna celebrate here with a couple brewskies and some pizza. :)

o

would like to join-could mail my seeds in on the 3rd.

o

Cheers & Happy New Year!! 3 hrs & 10 mins to go here!

o

I'm packing seeds now. Missed the fall swap and sure don't want to miss this one.

o

Would love to join this. I'll mail tomorrow

o

Here's a great site for some kewl FREE downloadable stationery (.doc format):
http://www.freeprintablestationery.net/

o

Finished packing seeds, will send out tomorrow. Happy New Year Willy!

o

Would love to join, will send my seeds asap.

Tracy

o

I'd like to join too, I'll get busy gathering up my seeds. thanks very much.

o

Please count me in!!

o

Is it too late for me to be in??

Alicia

o

@ lady_alicia

Alicia, at top Willy says you have till Jan. 8th, so yes you have time. :)

o

Do I send you the list or just update my GW exchange page?

o

I want to join too! I can probably mail them today. :) Thanks!

o

Bump,...!

o

Yes, this is Willy your host. I want to extend an opportunity for those that want to join to sign up and get there seeds in soon, you have an additional week until the 15th to get your seeds in, if you still need a couple of days, that will be fine, so the more the better the swap, so you can still join in the fun today.

o

I've just sent 37 packets, some rare and heirloom :)
Tracking #: 9400109699937408259631

o

Seeds are in the mail to you.... HAPPY GARDENING. Bev~~~

o

Thanks for the extension Willy...I didn't realize how time is creeping up on me...and thanks for hosting this swap...looking forward to it :)

o

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm getting excited to get some seeds in the mail -- can't wait!!! Thanks for hosting such a great swap!! :)

o

I love getting seeds in the mail!! I sent mine to you yesterday!

o

How many seed packets do people usually send in to these swaps on average? This is my first one :)

o

Bump,...!

o

I would love to join the swap. I was so busy at the time of the last swap ( I work retail) so I have more time now. Please include my grandsons -- Dirt Bro's

o

I'd like to join! Sending you an email with the requested information, Willy.

Jeff

o

Bump...!

o

Mailed my seeds yesterday. 65 packs and some packs for newbies too!

Thanks, Willy.
Alicia

o

Bump...!

o

My seeds were mailed out to you yesterday Willie. Thanks for hosting this swap.

Daisy

o

Willy, my seeds were mailed today!
DC # 0312 1430 0001 9471 3591
I sent a $1 so you could send seeds back to me with a DC also!
I had mailed a package to another trade last week & the mail person said it would be the same for Priority as First Class so I sent enough stamps for whatever you need! The envelope for this swap (was about the same as last week) cost less than $3 to mail!!! CRAZY!!!
Since you backed up the "send to you" date...what is your approximate projected return date??? Just curious??? ;o)
Thanks again for hosting!!!
Lila

o

bump

o

Mailed out my bubbly today Willy...the confirmation/tracking # is 0311 3260 0000 7255 1374...i included money for postage and tracking # in the bubbly...thanks for hosting this Willy :)

I don't have net at the moment so I may only be checking back every other day or 2 or 3 but glad I got the bubbly mailed out to you before the deadline...

Hope all are having a good week, Dianne

o

Bump...!

o

When is this swap ending?? Can i still join????
Thanks Lisa

o

I want to thank all of those participating in the swap.. My goal is to have the seeds sent out by the end of the month. There may be a few that have not gotten there seeds in yet or still want to participate... for those please have the seeds in by the end of the month... I will try to have the seed packages on the way returned to most of those that have already sent their seed packages in by then, thank you again for your participation, and have a great 2013 growing season. Willy your host.

o

I want to thank all of those participating in the swap.. My goal is to have the seeds sent out by the end of the month. There may be a few that have not gotten there seeds in yet or still want to participate... for those please have the seeds in by the end of the month... I will try to have the seed packages on the way returned to most of those that have already sent their seed packages in by then, thank you again for your participation, and have a great 2013 growing season. Willy your host.

o

I just emailed you about joining and forgot to let you iam a newbie again because i lost almost everything in a swap just a few weeks ago. So how do i go about getting newbie seeds also. Sorry for all the questions.
thanks Lisa

o

I just emailed you about joining and forgot to let you iam a newbie again because i lost almost everything in a swap just a few weeks ago. So how do i go about getting newbie seeds also. Sorry for all the questions.
thanks Lisa

o

• Posted by Keary 6, Ohio (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 19, 13 at 1:38

sounds exciting i'm new and just started getting seeds last year so i dont have anything real rare or anything yet. but i hope what i do have will help someone else and get something new to plant also. Yea!
Thanks, Keary

o

So looking forward to getting my seeds and starting things indoors again! Spring won't come soon enough. :)

Thanks, again, Willy!

Alicia

o

lysa39, you can post on the regular seed exchange that you are a newbie. You still need to have some seeds to trade. You can buy a few packs of unusual seeds and hopefully get some trades. When I was a newbie on there several people sent me free seeds no trade, just because I was new! Sorry to hear you had a trade go bad.

o

@ lysa39.. you can try the Newbie Seed Project on the Seed Exchange. She may still have packets available, worth a try.

o

Yes, most of the packages should be in the mail tommorrow, tan you for your participation.. have a wonderful growing Season... Willy your host.

o

Very exciting!

o

I received my seeds today. Thanks to a great host and thanks to all of you who contribulated to my seed addiction.

Don

o

cant wait for mine to arrive!

o

cant wait for mine to arrive!

o

I just got mine today too, and I am very excited to try a lot of these! My favorites:
Doronicum Leopard's Bane
Leucanthemum Exhibition
Lantana
Pink Adenium
Purple poppy mallow
Hungarian Blue Poppy
Geum
Sundance red gaillardia

Oh... and lots more!
Thank you very much everyone, and especially godsgarden9 for hosting.

o

A great big THANK YOU to Willy & everyone who shared seeds!!! Got mine today. My 1st garden is going to be awesome!!! Time to go play in the dirt :)

o

I got a bubble envelope today with no return address. I don't know if it was from here or not. I was very disappointed. Some envelopes only contained about 3-5 seeds. Certainly not worth what all I sent!

o

@Zackey, that is weird, I felt all of the packages I recieved were very generous.

o

I got my package today and wow I am ecstatic lol...awesome job willy!!! Thanks super bunches for hosting this and all your time and thanks all who shared seeds for this event!!!

o

I got my package today and wow I am ecstatic lol...awesome job willy!!! Thanks super bunches for hosting this and all your time and thanks all who shared seeds for this event!!!

o

I received my package today. Thank you for hosting this fun swap, Willy!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their seeds. I'm excited about everything I received.

o

Hi Willy, received my seeds today, thank you so much. I'm sure I will be back to join your Back to School Seed Swap in the Fall.

Cindy

o

I receive the envelope of seeds today. But im very puzzled why some of my seeds are in there from last year's fresh seed swap? 5 packs are from me & I didn't put them in this year's swap....

o

I receive the envelope of seeds today. But im very puzzled why some of my seeds are in there from last year's fresh seed swap? 5 packs are from me & I didn't put them in this year's swap....

o

80% of the seeds I got won't grow in my zone. They are for up north. I realize that maybe most of the traders are from colder zones than me, but it didn't make it a fun trade for me. I went and felt all of the seed packs again and 4 had what I would call the right amount for the trade.

o

First I want to say, Thanks Willie for doing another great swap.
Then, to Christine, it is very possible that some seeds you sent to other swaps were "traded back in" by gardeners who could not use them. Last spring I gave away all my left over seeds. There is nothing to stop the recepients from trading off ones they did not want.
If all seeds had the senders name on them that helps. Very few of what I got in the mail today had member names on them. Some swaps I have gotten seeds that I could not find online but I was able to contact the traders and get some advice. That's nice!
Zachy, I hear you and sympathise BUT the host can only send back from among the seeds that were sent in. If folks are sending in old seeds and not putting their names on them then that is what is available. Also, the majority of members are , as you guessed from zone 8 and north from there.If you are looking for tropicals, try some of the regional forums. They may be a better fit.
It's discouraging but the level of swaps on this site has gone down over the last few years. I can't see what a host can do to change that. Anyone have any ideas?
Again, I want to thank Willie for years of hard work on doing some of the best swaps I have participated in.
BB

o

Well said, beth_b_kodiak.

I just started 18 containers and put them outside for winter sowing! I am very excited for my new flower garden this spring :)

o

I received my seeds today. They are awesome Thank you for a great swap

o

Received my seeds yesterday. Thanks Willy for such a nice assortment! Suz

o

Yip-yip-yeah, my big ol' envy full of seeds arrived yesterday!! Bit like a 2nd Christmas! Holy Katz,...what a wonderful, varied bounty! Willy, good sir, once again my hat's off to you and your hosting prowess! And of course, thank you everyone who participated! :)

o

WOW! My seeds arrived yesterday! Thanks Willy for a wonderful assortment of seeds. I appreciate you hosting this swap. Thank you also to everyone who shared their seeds.

o

Seeds came in thanks again Willy!

o

Seeds arrived. I guess I'll be planting for the next little bit. Thanks Willy for hosting this.

o

* 5 packs are from me & I didn't put them in this year's swap....*

Chris, I would assume that somebody who got them last year sent them back in

o

I got my seeds just fine, wonderful variety. Much gratitude for all the hard work.

o

I received my seeds yesterday!! Looks like I will have some new things to try growing -- can't wait! Thanks for hosting such a great swap!

o

Yes,I should've realized that's what happened. Just had me puzzled for a bit! Lol! Am happy with what else I got, though! Thanks,willy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here