Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: 2013 Everything Goes New Years Fresh Seed Swap

godsgarden9
11 years ago

Welcome to the 2013 New Years Fresh Seed Swap Details for Swap

1) Everyone is welcome to participate if you have 5 packets to send in or if you have 300 packets to send in you are all welcome to participate, its a lot of fun.

2) You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until January 8. If you still need a little more time, this is fine.

3) Please send a return mailing label and enough postage to return your new fresh seeds back to you� or if you want to just insert a new envelope with postage this is fine.

4) Seed packet amounts, these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, small 50+, Medium 25+, Large 10+. Please make a list of what you send in, this will assist me so you will receive all different ones in return.

5) You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless, you have plenty and want to donate some to newbies.

6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.

7) Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com, if you post on garden web and it doesn�t leave your email address.

8) This is to be fun, and you should receive a lot of new varieties that you don�t have, and it is mostly dependent on you , if you send lots of the more common varieties you will get similar in return.. So sign up today, and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

9) You can list your preferences, flowers, vegetables, mixed, or such, thanks

1. If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

Mail to 1012 Monroe Street Gretna, LA. 70053 ************************

Comments (105)

• zzackey
    11 years ago

I love getting seeds in the mail!! I sent mine to you yesterday!

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

How many seed packets do people usually send in to these swaps on average? This is my first one :)

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Bump,...!

• clay_lady
    11 years ago

I would love to join the swap. I was so busy at the time of the last swap ( I work retail) so I have more time now. Please include my grandsons -- Dirt Bro's

• vajeff
    11 years ago

I'd like to join! Sending you an email with the requested information, Willy.

Jeff

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Bump...!

• lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA
    11 years ago

Mailed my seeds yesterday. 65 packs and some packs for newbies too!

Thanks, Willy.
    Alicia

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Bump...!

• daisyb
    11 years ago

My seeds were mailed out to you yesterday Willie. Thanks for hosting this swap.

Daisy

• imabirdnut
    11 years ago

Willy, my seeds were mailed today!
    DC # 0312 1430 0001 9471 3591
    I sent a $1 so you could send seeds back to me with a DC also!
    I had mailed a package to another trade last week & the mail person said it would be the same for Priority as First Class so I sent enough stamps for whatever you need! The envelope for this swap (was about the same as last week) cost less than $3 to mail!!! CRAZY!!!
    Since you backed up the "send to you" date...what is your approximate projected return date??? Just curious??? ;o)
    Thanks again for hosting!!!
    Lila

11 years ago

bump

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Mailed out my bubbly today Willy...the confirmation/tracking # is 0311 3260 0000 7255 1374...i included money for postage and tracking # in the bubbly...thanks for hosting this Willy :)

I don't have net at the moment so I may only be checking back every other day or 2 or 3 but glad I got the bubbly mailed out to you before the deadline...

Hope all are having a good week, Dianne

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Bump...!

• lysa39
    11 years ago

When is this swap ending?? Can i still join????
    Thanks Lisa

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I want to thank all of those participating in the swap.. My goal is to have the seeds sent out by the end of the month. There may be a few that have not gotten there seeds in yet or still want to participate... for those please have the seeds in by the end of the month... I will try to have the seed packages on the way returned to most of those that have already sent their seed packages in by then, thank you again for your participation, and have a great 2013 growing season. Willy your host.

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I want to thank all of those participating in the swap.. My goal is to have the seeds sent out by the end of the month. There may be a few that have not gotten there seeds in yet or still want to participate... for those please have the seeds in by the end of the month... I will try to have the seed packages on the way returned to most of those that have already sent their seed packages in by then, thank you again for your participation, and have a great 2013 growing season. Willy your host.

• lysa39
    11 years ago

I just emailed you about joining and forgot to let you iam a newbie again because i lost almost everything in a swap just a few weeks ago. So how do i go about getting newbie seeds also. Sorry for all the questions.
    thanks Lisa

• lysa39
    11 years ago

I just emailed you about joining and forgot to let you iam a newbie again because i lost almost everything in a swap just a few weeks ago. So how do i go about getting newbie seeds also. Sorry for all the questions.
    thanks Lisa

• Keary
    11 years ago

sounds exciting i'm new and just started getting seeds last year so i dont have anything real rare or anything yet. but i hope what i do have will help someone else and get something new to plant also. Yea!
    Thanks, Keary

11 years ago

So looking forward to getting my seeds and starting things indoors again! Spring won't come soon enough. :)

Thanks, again, Willy!

Alicia

• zzackey
    11 years ago

lysa39, you can post on the regular seed exchange that you are a newbie. You still need to have some seeds to trade. You can buy a few packs of unusual seeds and hopefully get some trades. When I was a newbie on there several people sent me free seeds no trade, just because I was new! Sorry to hear you had a trade go bad.

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

@ lysa39.. you can try the Newbie Seed Project on the Seed Exchange. She may still have packets available, worth a try.

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, most of the packages should be in the mail tommorrow, tan you for your participation.. have a wonderful growing Season... Willy your host.

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

Very exciting!

• dem_pa
    11 years ago

I received my seeds today. Thanks to a great host and thanks to all of you who contribulated to my seed addiction.

Don

• borge99
    11 years ago

cant wait for mine to arrive!

• borge99
    11 years ago

cant wait for mine to arrive!

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

I just got mine today too, and I am very excited to try a lot of these! My favorites:
    Doronicum Leopard's Bane
    Leucanthemum Exhibition
    Lantana
    Pink Adenium
    Purple poppy mallow
    Hungarian Blue Poppy
    Geum
    Sundance red gaillardia

Oh... and lots more!
    Thank you very much everyone, and especially godsgarden9 for hosting.

• socalgardengal
    11 years ago

A great big THANK YOU to Willy & everyone who shared seeds!!! Got mine today. My 1st garden is going to be awesome!!! Time to go play in the dirt :)

• zzackey
    11 years ago

I got a bubble envelope today with no return address. I don't know if it was from here or not. I was very disappointed. Some envelopes only contained about 3-5 seeds. Certainly not worth what all I sent!

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

@Zackey, that is weird, I felt all of the packages I recieved were very generous.

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I got my package today and wow I am ecstatic lol...awesome job willy!!! Thanks super bunches for hosting this and all your time and thanks all who shared seeds for this event!!!

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

I got my package today and wow I am ecstatic lol...awesome job willy!!! Thanks super bunches for hosting this and all your time and thanks all who shared seeds for this event!!!

• vajeff
    11 years ago

I received my package today. Thank you for hosting this fun swap, Willy!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their seeds. I'm excited about everything I received.

• alwaysagarden
    11 years ago

Hi Willy, received my seeds today, thank you so much. I'm sure I will be back to join your Back to School Seed Swap in the Fall.

Cindy

• Christine00
    11 years ago

I receive the envelope of seeds today. But im very puzzled why some of my seeds are in there from last year's fresh seed swap? 5 packs are from me & I didn't put them in this year's swap....

• Christine00
    11 years ago

I receive the envelope of seeds today. But im very puzzled why some of my seeds are in there from last year's fresh seed swap? 5 packs are from me & I didn't put them in this year's swap....

• zzackey
    11 years ago

80% of the seeds I got won't grow in my zone. They are for up north. I realize that maybe most of the traders are from colder zones than me, but it didn't make it a fun trade for me. I went and felt all of the seed packs again and 4 had what I would call the right amount for the trade.

• beth_b_kodiak
    11 years ago

First I want to say, Thanks Willie for doing another great swap.
    Then, to Christine, it is very possible that some seeds you sent to other swaps were "traded back in" by gardeners who could not use them. Last spring I gave away all my left over seeds. There is nothing to stop the recepients from trading off ones they did not want.
    If all seeds had the senders name on them that helps. Very few of what I got in the mail today had member names on them. Some swaps I have gotten seeds that I could not find online but I was able to contact the traders and get some advice. That's nice!
    Zachy, I hear you and sympathise BUT the host can only send back from among the seeds that were sent in. If folks are sending in old seeds and not putting their names on them then that is what is available. Also, the majority of members are , as you guessed from zone 8 and north from there.If you are looking for tropicals, try some of the regional forums. They may be a better fit.
    It's discouraging but the level of swaps on this site has gone down over the last few years. I can't see what a host can do to change that. Anyone have any ideas?
    Again, I want to thank Willie for years of hard work on doing some of the best swaps I have participated in.
    BB

• gr8heather
    11 years ago

Well said, beth_b_kodiak.

I just started 18 containers and put them outside for winter sowing! I am very excited for my new flower garden this spring :)

• chefconnie
    11 years ago

I received my seeds today. They are awesome Thank you for a great swap

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    11 years ago

Received my seeds yesterday. Thanks Willy for such a nice assortment! Suz

• cryptid
    11 years ago

Yip-yip-yeah, my big ol' envy full of seeds arrived yesterday!! Bit like a 2nd Christmas! Holy Katz,...what a wonderful, varied bounty! Willy, good sir, once again my hat's off to you and your hosting prowess! And of course, thank you everyone who participated! :)

• daisyb
    11 years ago

WOW! My seeds arrived yesterday! Thanks Willy for a wonderful assortment of seeds. I appreciate you hosting this swap. Thank you also to everyone who shared their seeds.

• prairiewinds
    11 years ago

Seeds came in thanks again Willy!

• surfer102100
    11 years ago

Seeds arrived. I guess I'll be planting for the next little bit. Thanks Willy for hosting this.

• dorisl
    11 years ago

* 5 packs are from me & I didn't put them in this year's swap....*

Chris, I would assume that somebody who got them last year sent them back in

• grdngramma
    11 years ago

I got my seeds just fine, wonderful variety. Much gratitude for all the hard work.

• crisann
    11 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday!! Looks like I will have some new things to try growing -- can't wait! Thanks for hosting such a great swap!

• Christine00
    11 years ago

Yes,I should've realized that's what happened. Just had me puzzled for a bit! Lol! Am happy with what else I got, though! Thanks,willy!