0 71

G 49

N 35

B 6

I 25

O 66

B 9

I 21

Sorta drab & overcast here.I'm about ready for a 2nd pot of coffee this morning!

Melinda~will be sending out your prize from the first game today.

Remy~ thanks for the updated Info sheets!!

List of boxes sent/received

~Bunny

~Margo

~Shirley

~Laura

~Vina- sent

~Remy

~Treasa

~Annie

~Dottie

~Carol

~Christan

~Melinda

~Me

On a more serious note.....my grandfather is in the ICU right now. Having some issues with his sugar & heart. All prayers are welcomed!!!!

later...April

Comments (150)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Melinda~You're one lucky lady!!!Please post your bingo letters. I think Annie was inquiring as to who in my family was in charge of picking the letters when she mentioned bingo.

later...April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

OOO way to go Melinda! I had 4 different ways to make Bingo with one number, and 4 more ways with two numbers... Maybe we can play for second place if Annie didnt already call it?

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

Ok, here are my numbers---All down the B column
    1, 10, 9, 14, and 4. Melinda

• smitties
    14 years ago

Ok, so I am not really the airhead I look to be. I didn't go back far enough to check to see if Remy posted about about her box. I really need to slow down and take my time with things. LOL

The posts about mammograms reminds me I am due to have one. I have to make my appointment. My mother is a breast cancer survivor and it was really a stroke of luck that it was found. She had a lumpectomy and radiation and is clear to this day.

I received my box from hazelnutbunny today. What a great harvest.

H omemade marmalade - Going to try this on toast tomorrow
    A cup for tea w/a girl on it and it says Garden girl. Cute
    R elaxing gardening magazine-can't wait to check this out
    V ariety of herb teas. Will try one tonight
    E xtra goodies - see below
    S weet cinnamon pumpkin candle - smells great
    T in to hold my teas

The extra goodies were Burt's bees lip balm and lotion. Pearberry body cream (daughters have already used it), petunia and zinnia seeds.

Melissa, thank you for the great box. I will think of you every time I enjoy my tea and marmalade.

The temp hit 70 again today. You couldn't ask for any better weather in this part of Ohio. I harvested some seeds and checked my small pond to make sure the two fish were there. They are alive and well. I need to get a small heater before the freezing weather hits.

I hope everyone else is enjoying such great weather.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Laura~ please post your letters too!

Margo~ the lip balm & tea will come in handy once your weather turns colder. I remember using tons when I lived in MI!

HARVEST boxes:
    ~Bunny-sent/received
    ~Margo-sent/received
    ~Shirley-sent
    ~Laura
    ~Vina- sent/received
    ~Remy-received
    ~Treasa-sent
    ~Annie
    ~Dottie-sent
    ~Carol-received
    ~Christan
    ~Melinda-sent
    ~Me-received

later...April

• smitties
    14 years ago

Congrats Melinda!!!

April, curiosity has the best of me. Where in Michigan did you live? I am a former Michigander.

My daughter and I rented a movie and I am sitting here enjoying my pumpkin spice tea in my new mug. Delicious.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Margo~ I lived in Ypsilanti & Redford. Worked in Ann Arbor @ Debut Farms as a stable hand. Too cold for me!!!

later..April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Congrats, Melinda, on your bingo win!

Margo~ I'm glad you enjoyed your box! It was fun choosing everything for you. :O)

I am shocked at how many of you have a personal connection with breast cancer! It seems like it's a silent thing women go through...I don't hear many talking about it much. I know that this is the first time I've personally known anyone to go through it. My MIL had a lump removed a few years back, but it wasn't cancer- thank goodness!
    I think that why they are wanting my friend's sister to go through the chemo is because her mom had breast cancer, and it was very aggressive as well. I'm not filled in on the intimate details there, I just know enough that they (DR'S) are worried that it IS in her lymph nodes. I think that the family hasn't thought about that much...they're still holding out hope that it ISN'T.

Anyway, thank you for all the support & encouraging words. I'm passing everything on to Diane (my friend), and will give her that website Remy mentioned.

On a bright note....today is absolutely gorgeous here! It's cloudy...a bit damp....but oh, so nice outside! It's cool, but still warm...just enough of a breeze to be refreshing (it's a warm breeze!). Great for being outside. Which I won't be...LOL...but at least I know it's there, right? :O)

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just got this in an e-mail, thought I'd post it so you ladies can pass it on to someone who might need it:

Cleaning for a Reason
    If you know any woman currently undergoing Chemo, please pass
    the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE
    housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment.

All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service.
    http://www.cleaningforareason.org

Please pass this information on to bless a woman going through Breast Cancer treatment. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. ItÂs our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along.

Beautiful day here!!

later...April

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Melinda....You Won BINGO..........I was not even close!!! Congrats!!!! And guess what??? Your "HARVEST" box arrived yesterday..........I just opened it up! Here we go!

A lovely note....

H...Hand Towels(2)...lovely Fall colors...

A...Amaryllis...Red Lion Growing kit...of course, my favorite color!

R...Reed Diffuser..."Mulled Cider"......lovely scent!

V...Variety of Vegetable seeds..........lots of bush beans, tomatoes, peppers and spinach...happy Annie!

E...Envelopes with Paper....

S...Sempre Avanti Daffodils...I love daffodils!!!

T...Tote and Tulips...darling tote with flowers...the tulips are in the fridge chilling!

Melinda, I love everything you sent and you pack much better than I. HARVEST for Annie...outstanding!

Thank you so very much!

Annie

• smitties
    14 years ago

April, you made me chuckle when you talk about the cold. I am not a lover of the colder temps but couldn't imagine living in a climate where there is never any snow. I think I will feel differently in about 10 years. LOL I will admit I don't go out much when the temps get down real low.

I lived in St. Clair Shores which is north of Detroit. My biggest problem with that area is the traffic. I much prefer small town now that I live here.

I just read an article in our paper yesterday about a mother here in town with 3 small children 2, 4, and 6 who was recently diagnosed with an agressive stage 4 cancer. I will try to find someone to let her know about the service you mentioned.

Thanks Margo

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Happy Sunday everyone, such neat boxes comming in!

Treasa, Im still waiting for that order to arrive to finish off your box, but if it doesnt come in soon Im working on a backup for that letter. Hopefully either way my goal is to be sending out by the end of next week at the latest.

April, you want my almost BINGO numbers? Here goes!
    B-10, I-29, N-44, (needed G-53), O-70...
    B-9, I-22, N-38, (needed G54), O-69...
    All down the B column- 10, 9, 1, (needed 3), 4...
    All down the N column- 44, 38, turkey, (needed 37), 39...
    And 4 sets that needed 2 numbers, also!

That cleaning for a reason sounds like a wonderful cause! I have a friend of the family (I used to babysit her kids when I was in High School) who had breast cancer so prevalent in her family that she opted to do a preemptive double mastectomy. As far as I know she has never had breast cancer, although she didnt have it before and was not guaranteed to get it. She still said it was the best thing she could have done. Definitely not a choice for everyone, but something to think about!

Love to all you wonderful women
    ~Laura

• Melinda Hagen
    14 years ago

I am so glad you liked the box Annie! I had fun doing it!
    I am like you Melissa! Wasn't aware so many here have been affected by breast cancer! It is definitely not always a death sentence, but for me and my family it has been a long nightmare! 13 members have passed with breast cancer or cancer secondary to breast cancer. Remy, congrats!! You are almost a 5 year survivor!! I have been around awhile here and had no idea!
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! It is very nice here and I have more tulips and daffs planted. Still a ways to go! Always seem to get too many, but love the spring when they bloom!
    Have a great day everyone! Hugs, Melinda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Afternoon All!

Kiddos had a great time @ the park.Stopped off at the Dollar Tree & they ALL 3 picked recorders.Imagine the serenade I'm enjoying now!!LOL!!!

Annie~ I love Amaryllis. Need to get a couple soon,so that they might be blooming by Christmas or New Years.

Laura~I thought you said bingo,or I wouldn't have made you post your letters. LOL!!!

Margo~ I was raised in Alabama, got married & moved to MI.First time I heard weather report that said snow, I told hubby we had to go shopping NOW!!He wanted to know why? I said because it's going to snow & we need to stock up before everything closed down.He just started laughing.Said NOTHING closes just because it snows.I couldn't believe it. In Bama, when it snowed, the world came to a stop!! I'm glad I'm back to where it snows MAYBE once a year!!! I use to get a sick feeling every time I had to drive in that crap...

later..April

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Sorry I have been MIA for the last couple of days. Hubby, my middle son and I are doing a community theatre production, and we opened Thursday night. We had rehearsal Monday-Wednesday and shows every day since. We have a day off tomorrow, so I am going to pack up Laura's box and send it out Tuesday.

I am trying to catch up with all the posts now. :O I do Facebook. If you want to add me, send me a GW email. My FB profile is set to private because so many of my students are on, and I am not really comfortable sharing every detail of my life with them at this point. It is truly amazing how many people have been affected by breast cancer. Hoping for good results.

I will try to be better about keeping up with posts this week. Only three more performances. Thank goodness. The guy with the most lines in the show thinks that babbling random approximations of his lines is good enough. It's a nightmare because we never know what he is going to say from show to show.

On a happier note, the Dawgs AND the Jags actually won this weekend. Awesome! Hope everyone has a great week!!!

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning all...Happy Monday!

Congrats on the BINGO!

April, I received your email. Thanks! Maybe that would explain why one year I spent about $60 on tulip bulbs they came up the following spring and have never been seen again since! I thought something ate them...oh well!

I think I'm going to give those species tulips a try...now I just have to see who has some! :0) Thanks for the info!!

Great boxes are rolling in all over the place!

Talk to you all soon!

Have a great day!
    vina

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hope everyone has a great day!The older I get the more I hate Mondays.

later.....April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

It's Monday, it's raining, it's cold...and supposed to get colder! They're calling for sleet/snow mixed with the rain later today & tomorrow. ICK!

On the other hand, we finally had to start a fire in our woodstove last night. There's just something about the first fire that smells & feels so good! It was so romantic, hubby and I just sat & stared at it for a good 5 minutes before the baby started fussing. LOL Oh well....she'll be done teething SOMETIME, right? And then I'll finally get some sleep? Can you believe she's only got 1 tooth? And she's nearly 11 months old! My oldest had only 4 teeth by the time he was 2 years old, and that was a horrible 2 years, lemme tell ya. The poor boy went through heck getting those teeth, and was always so miserable.
    *sigh*
    I was REALLY hoping to never have to go through that again. Especially with another one on the way. Phooey. LOL!

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Christan,

I sent your box out late yesterday afternoon.

DC# 0413 1797 9250 7607 1663.....sent from zip 92688

Annie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shirley~ Your package went out today.
    Confirmation # 0308 0660 0001 3360 6112

later...April

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

I got my box from Treasa today! Thanks, Treasa! All the plants you sent are new to me, except lemon thyme (and one can't ever have too much thyme!) I've looked them up and they are all so gorgeous! Thanks so much!

H oya, houseplant
    A ngel statuette
    R ock Cress (Arabis)
    V anilla, a whole huge bottle!
    E damame beans ('envy')
    S oap - homemade oatmeal
    T hyme, lemon

And, a bonus plant of salvia apiana.

I'm going to the basement to plant everybody right now!
    Dottie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

PLEASE let me know if I've missed any boxes. My brain is not functioning today!!!

HARVEST boxes:
    ~Bunny-sent/received
    ~Margo-sent/received
    ~Shirley-sent
    ~Laura
    ~Vina- sent/received
    ~Remy-received
    ~Treasa-sent
    ~Annie-sent/received
    ~Dottie-sent/received
    ~Carol-received
    ~Christan
    ~Melinda-sent
    ~Me-sent/received

later...April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Treasa, the last of your box arrived tonight, so I should be shipping out tomorrow morning. Ill post the DC# after class.

Annie, on the MNF board were trying to figure out whose hosting December and think its you... Confirm or Deny? :) Maybe pop in there just in case.

Happy Monday (as Mondays go)
    ~Laura

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Ok... so I printed at home DC#9405 5036 9930 0042 5584 21 to be sent off tomorrow. Enjoy!

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

I have no idea who is hosting December MNF...Tiz not me!

Have a great night!

Annie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hoping the rest of the boxes will be mailed & reach their final destination by the weekend!!!

Jeanne~ Whenever you're ready to post Dec's swap, go ahead!!!

HARVEST boxes:
    ~Bunny-sent/received
    ~Margo-sent/received
    ~Shirley-sent
    ~Laura-sent
    ~Vina- sent/received
    ~Remy-sent/received
    ~Treasa-sent
    ~Annie-sent/received
    ~Dottie-sent/received
    ~Carol-received
    ~Christan
    ~Melinda-sent
    ~Me-sent/received

later...April

p.s.
    Did I miss any boxes?

• sandlapper_rose
    14 years ago

Thanks, April. I will post it sometime after Thursday. I have been working for about a year now to get a famous quilter here from CA and this is the week that she is here so I was at the airport when her flight arrived last evening and there is a lecture this evening and then a two-day workshop on Wednesday and Thursday. Our guild tries to do this once a year, we vote on the person who is then called our "dream teacher." Anyway, if I post now, it might be gibberish. LOL
    So watch for it in a few days.
    Jeanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jeanne~enjoy your "dream teacher"! I'm not much a quilter.I can knit & cross stitch. I have one quilt top I started 8 years ago thats @ the bottom of my craft box. Drives my mom insane as she IS a quilter. Every time I mention a new project I'm working on, she asks if I've finished that quilt yet? LOL!!!

Shirley~ I checked DC#. Your box is in NC!! You should get it today.

Later...April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Afternoon All!
    Not sure how many of you grow tomatoes....but Campbell's is giving away free seeds. All you have to do is vote for the barn you think should be restored & enter in code off the bottom of a can of their soup!!!

later...April

Here is a link that might be useful: Free Campbell's Seeds

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

First, Laura, I sent your box today. DC is 0309 1830 0001 6654 6860. I hope you enjoy it!

Second, HOLY COW!!! What a terrific box, Annie.

H-Hurry up and plant (Baja dayliliy, Frequent Flyer and Her Royal Highness reblooming irises. I LOVE irises!!!) I don't think I have ever seen rhizomes so BIG. These suckers are HUGE (also an "H.")
    A- AM java, a lovely bag of organic whole bean hazlenut coffee.
    R- Red (red fuzzy gloves and a red dish towel)
    V- Victoria's Secret body butter
    E- Eat and enjoy (various candies and snacks. I have already been into those!)
    S- Serve with cocktails (some really cute cocktail napkins)
    T- Thinking ahead to Christmas (a cute pair of snowman earrings, since I never get to see the real thing down here)

Thanks again, Annie. I love it all.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HARVEST boxes:
    ~Bunny-sent/received
    ~Margo-sent/received
    ~Shirley-sent
    ~Laura-sent
    ~Vina- sent/received
    ~Remy-sent/received
    ~Treasa-sent
    ~Annie-sent/received
    ~Dottie-sent/received
    ~Carol-received
    ~Christan-sent/received
    ~Melinda-sent
    ~Me-sent/received

later...April

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Hi Everybody, So with Thanksgiving Day only a week away, who is cooking a bird and who is going somewhere else to eat one? How do you cook yours, or where are you going?

Dottie

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dottie~ as of right now we are staying home.If it doesn't rain,I'm smoking my bird.Smoked turkey,rolls,corn,green beans,potatoes/gravy & cranberry sauce, maybe mac n cheese, & of course sage dressinglater...April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

My boyfriend and I are going to my parents house in Tennessee. I have no idea what well be eating since theyve never hosted before... and I hope the airports on turkey-morning wont be overly insane!

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

We are eating at home, a quiet affair with just hubby, the boys and me, but we haven't even talked about what to have yet. :O

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I will be at home. My husband fries our Turkey. It has been rainy the last two years, but he is a dedicated fryer :o)
    Everyone who is traveling please have a safe trip.

Heidi

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Good morning all!
    Well since my daughter came down with the horrible stomach bug going around...not the piggy flu...thank goodness! We had her tested...................

I am suppose to be cooking and having 12 people over. I am crossing my fingers she'll feel better by this weekend and I can disinfect the whole house. I have been running like a maniac since Tuesday morning. Lysol in one hand and disinfectant wipes in another.LOL! It always happens, plan something far ahead and life steps in the way! :0)

If all goes well we are having:
    turkey
    ham
    rolls
    gravy
    smashed taters (from our garden)
    cranberry stuffing
    green beans (from our garden)
    corn (yup! from our garden)
    sweet potatoes
    cranberry relish (my grandmothers recipe)
    acorn squash (no, not from my garden...alas my squash were pitiful this year! :( )

pumpkin pie (my favorite!)
    dutch apple pie
    coconut cream pie (DH's favorite)

Cross your fingers and say a little prayer for me that I don't get that bug!

Talk to you soon....back to the trenches I go :0)
    vina

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Wow, those menus make me want to get out there and make it all today!

April, pumpkin turtle pie sounds gorgeous! I've never smoked a turkey . . . I guess you need a smoker?

Heidi, the whole fryer thing is very cutting edge! I don't think I would trust my DH to not burn down the house! I do hear that they are awesome done that way, though. My sister has done them fried and loves it.

Laura, I heard on the news last night that there are way more people driving to T. day dinners this year and very few flying - by past years' standards. Hope that's the case for your flight. What airline do you use?

Christan, sounds like you will go at this with less stress and hysteria this year. Those have been some of my favorite holidays. Enjoy!

Vina, what a menu! You probably have started to cook already! If your daughter's had the bug for a few days, you are probably past her contagion stage (I hope!). Every day that you aren't stricken, is closer to goal! Good luck. Get lots of sleep.

I will be cooking, too. We always cook our turkey on the Weber charcoal grill, rain, snow or shine. Have for 15 years. Fool proof and leaves the ovens free for other creations. I'll just have my family and my sister's. Would be 16 people, but my oldest son and family alternates going to his inlaws' in Delaware and this is their year, and my nephew has to work (he's a professional photographer and has to shoot a football game out of town). My neice's two kids will be with their father this year, so we will be only 8.

Actually, our bigger celebration will be the Sunday after TG, as it's my youngest son's birthday and everybody will be here for that. We have a tradition that the birthday child chooses the menu and I make it. He'll be 19. We still do it, even for the older ones who are married.

DH is out of town today and I'm being a slug, sitting here in my pjs with coffee at almost noon! Gotta get goin'.

Dottie

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

We were planning to go to hubby's parents for Thanksgiving, but hubby's uncle is in ICU in the hospital. He's been very sick for a month, but refused to go to the DR. (MEN!!) When he finally did, they admitted him immediately. They found a large mass in his colon, and his liver is enlarged. They are removing the mass, and checking for more. It's being tested for cancer...we're all praying it's not. ANYWAY, hubby's parents will probably go stay with him. We'd visit if we could, but he's in a different state, and we don't have a vehicle that can make it that far. Any prayers ya'll could say for him would be appreciated.

So, we'll be cooking at home, most likely. Hubby always smokes the turkey & some venison (must be a southern thing, April!). I'll whip up the sides...desserts.. (grandma makes the dressing, though...)
    The absolute MUST is chocolate pecan pie. Pecan pie is my favorite, but I only get it once a year. :(
    My kids want a pumpkin cheesecake, so we'll probably make that, too. The littlest ones are making chocolate covered pretzels (the 3 & 6 yr old girls). Then, there'll also be brownies with tons of chocolate chunks & caramel.
    If you couldn't tell, we concentrate more on the desserts than anything! LOL

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Dottie, I don't blame you one bit. During the summer, I spend quite a few days moving slowly and staying in my pj's way late. It really is neat to hear everyone's traditions. Last year we had my two brothers and their families and my mom, but this year they are doing things with other parts of their families. I don't mind quiet. I feel less guilty when I pass out later in a turkey coma! :P

• brittneysgran
    14 years ago

I actually had Thanksgiving Sunday night since we will be leaving for Orlando, Fl this Saturday and staying 7 days. I had 18 guests and we all cooked so that helped.
    Menu:
    Turkey
    Mashed Potatoes
    Green Beans
    Cole Slaw
    Creamed Corn
    Broccoli Casserole
    Deviled Eggs
    Macaroni & Cheese
    Yeast Rolls
    Cornbread
    Sweet Tea
    Banana Pudding
    Sweet Potato Pies
    Cookies
    I always eat to much at these dinners.

APRIL-----what an awesome box you sent:
    Harvest of Memories Iris
    Amaryllis Minerva
    Raspberry Banana Cheesecake Daylily
    Variety Of Brugmansia Cuttings (Dr. Seuss, Wretched Mess, Jamaican Yellow, Flamenco, Taylor Dawn)
    Edible Treat (Werther's Original Caramel Chocolate)
    Scented Cranberry Candle
    Tuberose Bulbs

April-I love the brugs...YEAH....and the Amaryllis Minerva..can't wait to see it bloom. I so look forward to getting an Amaryllis to bloom in the Winter months and now I have a new one. I have had good luck with planting them outside in the Spring and they live through the Winter. Looked up the daylily and it is gorgeous. The cranberry candle smells wonderful. I plan to plant the daylily, Iris and Tuberose bulbs tomorrow. Thanks for the candy....can't have too many sweets.

Shirley

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bunny~hope everything turns out ok!!

My grandfather is STILL in the hospital.He gained 13lbs while in there(fluid on his lungs).He said it surely was NOT from the food they were serving him!I know he wants to be home by Thanksgiving. We gotta make a trip over there soon. It's a 3 hour drive, might go while kids are out of school next week.

Remy ~ any news on your Papa Joe?

Shirley~ you all packed up yet? Be safe while traveling.

Dottie~ yes, a smoker is MOST helpful when smoking a turkey! Unless....you can find some REALLY big rolling papers LOL!!!The Turtle Pie will be a new one for us. Just found the recipe in my Kraft e-mail

Don't forget to get your packages mailed out this week. We are already signing up for Dec Swap!!!

later..April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Shirley~ Your welcome!!! You must've posted while I was proof reading.LOL!!!

later...April

• luckyladyd
    14 years ago

Love hearing about everyones' plans for turkey day. April and Bunny, I hope things work out well for your family members who are ailing. Is anybody doing anything in the garden now? I have to dig some bulbs that won't be happy if it freezes. Raking leaves is a priority, too.

I just got home from taking a mortgage rep out to dinner. Have to tune in to Project Runway. I think tonight is the finale. Later,
    Dottie

• uptreasa
    14 years ago

My box arrived yesterday from Laura.

H Homemade jam
    A Amaryllis bulb, 'Belladonna'
    R Round, rubber coasters that Laura made from her photography
    V Vase
    E Extras (small photo frame, incense, calender, fall decoration, peacock ore, and tiny gemstone chips
    S Seeds, several packets (something funny about one of the packets is that it is one I sent somewhere in a round robin, and it came back to me, ha ha ha)
    T Thermometer (for our cold UP winter)

Thank you very much, Laura.
    We had a nice bazaar where I work (hospital). They have a "sunshine club" there.
    Thanksgiving blessings, everyone!! Treasa

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Looks like a few of us used Amaryllis for 'A'. Great minds think alike!!!

HARVEST boxes:
    ~Bunny-sent/received
    ~Margo-sent/received
    ~Shirley-sent/received
    ~Laura-sent
    ~Vina- sent/received
    ~Remy-sent/received
    ~Treasa-sent/received
    ~Annie-sent/received
    ~Dottie-sent/received
    ~Carol-received
    ~Christan-sent/received
    ~Melinda-sent
    ~Me-sent/received

later...April

P.S.
    MAIL OUT YOUR BOXES!!!! NOW!!!!! LOL!!

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

These H A R V E S T boxes are wonderful!

April, once again, great idea for this swap. THANKS!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

All of the Amaryllis's sound beautiful! I haven't had one in years. I keep meaning to get one, but never seem to get around to it. (I think I SAY that every year, too! :P ) Of course, I don't go shopping much, either, except for groceries..LOL..and that's not the sort of thing they carry at the grocery store! :o)

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

I received an amazing box from Christan today. Everything was sorted and individually wrapped by letter, and sprinkled with decorative leaves. It can really only be best described by the picture I had to take! That would be Rufus guarding everything.

H- hand covering (2 pair gloves) and Hersheys Kisses
    A- alliums and the book "American Short Stories"
    R- red ruler and really big post-its
    V- vanilla sugar scented lotion and hand soap
    E- Ellie Wiesel's "Night"... one of my favorite books!
    S- Swiss Miss cocoa (with a chocoholic lovers's mug), Sweetheart Cinnamon tea, and a Souvenir cup from where Christan works. Go Gators!
    T- themed garden decor

Such a GREAT box... *reaches through the internet and hugs*
    ~Laura

• veeja11
    14 years ago

carol is having a confusing month, robbed then oldest daughter comes to suprise her baby sister for her birthday, then boss has to close shop, dosen't pay me for 2 weeks last month and gives me a check dated dec 1st for check due 15th of this month. mind is racing so mailed a box to bunny today, one is clothes for lili so enjoy bunny but I have Melinda's name so Melinda in honor of being late I won't beat your farkle score this week. will get your box out next week, sorry I am senile. hugs carol