Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: Secret Santa: Seed Swap (6th year)

flwrs4ever
10 years ago

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 30 wishes ON SECOND THREAD Marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS"
( also make sure your regular want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

++++++ ONE LIST PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE TIME WITH YOUR LIST +++++++

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 29th

3. pack your seeds and cards as you go, plan on having them ready by December 8th

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail by Dec 8th ( BUT DONT Mail, you will get a mail date )

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)
Flwrs4ever ( your screen name)
Santa Claus ( your full name)
100 Snow Lane
North Pole 00000
I, __________, have read ALL the rules and understand how the swap works. I will follow all the deadlines, thank others, and promise to ENJOY this swap :D
( put your name here )
please let me know if you are a NEWBIE. Newbie for this swap is defined as someone with NO SEEDS to share.

5. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail, is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs OR large size seeds. Remember to mail the best way you can! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 5th ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put your return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade!! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES....some people may receive multiples of the same seed, but the best part is...it may be a different color, or variety...ALSO,they can use them to trade later !

10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!! ( must be a member in GOOD standing)

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them (Thanks to alot of great gardening Elves )

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !
Simplified :
1. Post your Wish list on the thread marked " Secret Santa Swap WISH LISTS" ( NOT this thread, thanks ! and NO chatter on the list thread )
2. Send me your mailing info as PER DIRECTIONS
3. decide how many people you are willing to send to..check their wish lists. pack up seeds
4. put together a Christmas Card with seeds inside.
5. Address envelopes after you receive the address list.
6. Mail cards on DATE SENT to you by Santa
ONE LIST POSTED PER PERSON, SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND POST YOUR WISH LIST ON SECOND THREAD, AND UPDATE YOUR PROFILE WISH LIST SO SANTA CAN PEEK THERE TOO !!

Comments (150)

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Primrose, I sent you an email yesterday and a follow up one this morning...please let me know if you didn't get them.

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

Flwrs - no I have not gotten any emails from you. Yesterday, I put your yahoo email into my email's address book so it would recognize any emails coming from you, but I can see no luck.

I will be emailing a suggestion to you via GW right now.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Primrose, could you please try emailing me directly..I think the problem is all your emails come thru GW. It's my screen name at yahoo .

• primrose1x3
    10 years ago

Flwrs4ever, I tried to email you directly, instead of through gw, but my computer won't let me do it. I strongly suspect I'm having issues with IE and my email through it, because I can only email via earthlink through my IE browser.

• heavenlyfarm
    10 years ago

I'm gonna email you directly :) I hate hassles like these! I think its GW too cuz I even subscribe to get replies from this thread and a few others and I never receive some or it gets delayed.
    ~Michael

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Santa Kym...just emailed you my send to list!! Post here if you do not receive and I will resend.

Thanks!

Annie

• cardinalwv
    10 years ago

Kym, Sorry but I only sent you my list of who I am mailing seeds to this morning and I haven't received the list of address either. I have been having computer problems since Windows 8 is new to me on my new computer. Thanks and I hope there isn't a problem.

• sjc48
    10 years ago

Kym, sorry I'm late with this, but I got my list and just emailed the list of whom I'm sending to.
    Shirley!

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Emailed the list of who I will be sending to. Thanks!

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi everyone !

Santa just spent about four hours counting ...and going thru emails. I have two more lists to record, after a short needed break :)

Tomorrow I will post a list of who I am still in need of a list from...you have till Dec 8 th at 10 pm to send me your mailing lists.

* yes! you can mail more if you so choose??just please let me know your add-ons !
    * when mailing your lists, just send screen names and remember to let me know YOUR screen name.

Please note : if you have seeds for loveless, I have her address and will add it to list tomorrow ! (I can't make changes without laptop and it's at college with my assistant K )

Thanks to each of you for being so generous ! Before the mailing begins..I just want to take a minute and explain...this swap was set up in the spirit of GIVING ...everyone will receive different amounts of cards. I do my very best with lots of help..to make everyone happy. I use five cards as the minimum..but last year most people received ten or more. The card mailing is staggered, so to keep the fun of mail boxing last the whole month....so PLEASE don't get upset if others are getting before you ! I also usually give those sending a large list the later send dates if possible, so they have plenty of time.

I hope everyone is having fun with the seeds and cards ! Anyone up for a game ?

• erika_ct
    10 years ago

Hi - Sorry, I sent my list last night. I didn't realize we were supposed to post here to let you know.

erika_ct

• flowergirl34
    10 years ago

Hi! Just thought I'd check in :)

Getting all my ducks...err...seeds in a row :) Would love a game.

Happy Thursday!
    vina

• missyga64
    10 years ago

games are fun ! I'm in !

• katkni
    10 years ago

Yeah we need a game. I've just about run out of cards and need something to do until my mailing day comes!

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

Just resent you my list since I didn't hear a response back. Can't wait to get started!!

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

Duplicate post

This post was edited by detroitgirl77 on Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 13:32

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Game time sounds fun! I too didn't receive a list of addresses email. Sent email letting you know.

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Double post Sorry :)

This post was edited by socalgardengal on Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 14:55

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Wow, just got my first Christmas card this year.
    Perfect day for it, as we're iced in today with the winter storm.
    Hope everyone in storm's way is safe.

Micyrey (Michelle) sent a beautiful embossed red card with
    Goats Beard & Corn Poppy seeds.
    They sound lovely.
    Thank you for sharing, Michelle.
    Hello & Merry Christmas to everyone.

This post was edited by ruthz on Fri, Dec 6, 13 at 15:25

• dirtdaddy
    10 years ago

Kym, sending my mailing list to u after this post!
    What a great bunch of wish lists this year!
    SEEDS, GAMES, CARDS! wooooooooooooooo dd.

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

Kym,
    I have emailed my list of people to whom I will send seeds. Please let me know if you have received it.
    Thanks,
    Susan

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

I have not received the address list either
    Susan

• browneyedsusan_gw
    10 years ago

I have not received the address list either
    Susan

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

If you haven't received the address list by now, PLEASE send me a DIRECT email..the problem lies with people messaging me thru GW, I am trying and trying to send emails and they wont go thru if you have sent me an email thru GW. I am receiving them, just cannot respond.

( email is my screen name at yahoo)

I will post a game, or two :)

list of who I have recd a sending list from, will be posted in a few minutes, I want to record those that have sent yesterday.

NOTE: katkni and loveless address were added to the address list, so please double check the link...also if you printed it that first night, please check for corrections !

We always have a helpful hubby every year, and it surely makes it a tradition...LOL

thanks again to all the Elves, you all are very generous..and I cannot wait to hear all the excitement of mailboxing :)

Sorry for the email trouble...be back in a few !

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is who I am waiting to hear from, if you already sent me a list, kindly send me an email and let me know...I keep ALL emails incase I DO make a mistake. Thanks

Who I need a mailing list from...no worries you have till Sunday !

aquadragonfly ( I know )
    Audrey
    britsgran
    gmom2-6boys
    ilovefarac
    jas_il
    katbird
    klorentz
    lexigurl
    mchill320
    plant-one-on-me
    rane_grow

only 12 lists to go, and I know you still have time, so no rush ! Just wanted everyone to know I have received, and counted their lists !!

Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! a game making I will go....

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Christmas B-I-N-G-O

Choose 25 words, make a list of them ..keep a copy and send me an email of them with the subject " Christmas Bingo" so I can put them into a folder to keep to check the winner.

I am going to try and do this quickly this year...so check in for words different times during the day.

Email me your word list before Monday Night at 10 pm ( Dec 9) No late cards accepted !

Advent
    Angel
    Baking
    Bells
    Blessings
    Camels
    Candy Canes
    Carols
    Christmas Cookies
    Chimney
    Coal
    Ebenezer Scrooge
    Eggnog
    Exchange
    Faith
    Fireplace
    Frosty
    Fruitcake
    Garland
    Gifts
    Gingerbread
    Grinch
    Goodwill
    Greetings
    Holly
    Hope
    Hymns
    Icicles
    Ivy
    Jack Frost
    Jack in the box
    Jingle Bells
    Jolly
    Joyful
    Kris Kringle
    Kisses
    Lights
    Love
    Manger
    Mistletoe
    Nativity
    North Pole
    Nutcrackers
    Noel
    Ornaments
    Peace
    Poinsettia
    Reindeer
    Ribbon
    Rooftop
    Sack
    Santa Claus
    Season
    Sending
    Silver Bells
    Sled
    Sleigh bells
    Stocking Stuffer
    Tree
    Walnut
    Wrapping

once you get ALL your 25 words "marked " on your list, post BINGO !

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Just emailed my bingo words to you.

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

sent my bingo words:)

• dirtdaddy
    10 years ago

Bingo words sent!
    Checking wish lists! dd

• jas_il
    10 years ago

Kym, I sent my list whom I am mailing seeds long back on Nov 16th. I sent it again today. I sent bingo words too.

I got my first card today.

Micyrey - sent me pretty Christmas card with tomato black cherry and Marigold snowball seeds. Love it. snowball marigold is one of my favorites. Thanks a lot

This post was edited by jas_il on Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 16:47

• roper2008
    10 years ago

I received a pretty blue card from Micyrey today also.
    She sent me Spurred snapdragon and yellow/orange
    cosmos. These will brighten up my garden. Thank
    you.

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Cards are decorated, filled with seeds, addressed, stamped and ready to mail. . . just waiting for my "day to mail" to arrive. . . next week cant get here soon enough.

Bingo time ! can't hardly wait to get started. . .

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

I haven't received the address list either. Just sent you a direct email about that. :)

• detroitgirl77
    10 years ago

Just emailed my bingo list as well. :)

• nottougly
    10 years ago

In received my first card today. Apretty blue one with black eyed susan and blanket flower seeds.
    Thank you very much. I love them.
    Faye!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

I LOVE reading what everyone has received! I love this swap!
    Tonight I went to our Christmas parade and had a great time. It poured rain today but it stopped just in time for the parade. But it sure is COLD and windy! 30 mile hour winds. Only in the low 50's , low 40's at night. I was addressing my envies today and saw where you all live and can't imagine living through the weather you all have to endure. Be safe and warm! Have a great Sunday! :)

• redthreaddiy
    10 years ago

Please re-send the addy list to me :) Never got it! Thank you!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

Hi Kym,

I didn't get an addy list either.

Lisa

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Yahoo. . I got my first card today.
    A lovely sleigh card from Panhandle_seed_swap with Beaver Dam pepper seeds. . . Thank you so much !
    Missy

• canyonwind
    10 years ago

Santa Kym, I emailed you my BINGO words this morning!

Thanks!

Annie

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received my first card. A beautiful red card with black-eyed Susan and coreopsis seeds from micyrey. Thanks so much.

Today was my mailing date. I went to the PO this morning.

• jhgarden9
    10 years ago

Sent my bingo words.

micyrey - I received a beautiful red card, with bachelor's button and green flower milkweed. So happy and are dreaming of a beautiful garden next year. Thank you!

• patrob
    10 years ago

Thank you, Michelle (micyrey) for the beautiful red embossed card and packets of bachelor's buttons and Long Island Cheese squash. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas too!

• nikkineel
    10 years ago

I received my first card today from Panhandle-seed-swap. Thanks so much for the pretty card and Serrano pepper seeds. Happy gardening and Merry Christmas to you!

• nottougly
    10 years ago

Happy Holidays everyone.
    I received a card today from panhandle_seed_swap.
    She included seeds for the Sunflower Sunspot with a beautiful Santa's Sheigh card.
    Thank you so much I love it.
    Faye!

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

MERRY CHRISTMAS! More cards went-out today. This Secret Santa Seed Swap really helped me get in the Christmas Spirit this year... thank you!

• SusieQsie_Fla
    10 years ago

I got an adorable packet of Sunspot Sunflower seeds, too! Such love that went into it ! Sheri, thank you so much.

And the card is beautiful, also.

Happy Christmas to you, Panhandle Seed Swap, I hope you're having this great Florida weather (84 today!)

Love
    Susie

• kchd
    10 years ago

I got my first card today from Panhandle Seed Swap! Very excited to find Arkansas Traveler heirloom tomato seeds inside a very cute card. Last year I grew 2 new varieties of heirloom tomatoes thanks to this swap. A big thank you to you, Sheri! I'll be growing Arkansas Traveler in 2014 :)

Katie

• klorentz
    10 years ago

Well folks I am home after a weekend in the Temple hospital. God blessed me with some great doctors and nurses . What I was transferred to Temple for is they thought there was a problem with my aorta lining being separated in one spot and Harker Hights could not handle such issues . But much to the doctors relief as well as mine this was not the case . The whole problem revolved around an alergic reaction which developed over time to my prescription to lisinopril which is a blood presure med. so be warned if you are prescribed this med you may after time develop an allergic reaction which involves swelling in the extremities which is inflamed and at times it itches . also can lower your blood pressure to near dangerous low levels. so be on guard if you your loved ones or your friends take this drug it can be dangerous.Some other good news I forgot to mention. Since I last saw my Doctor in Bryan earlier this year my heart function is up 9% and I have lost 15 pounds . A great victory thanks to the help and good care of my doctors and nurses And the good Lord looking after me. This is one reason I have not been very active on the forum this year. hope to change that dramatically. I have missed everyone. Merry Christmas.

Kevin

• Michelle Reynolds
    10 years ago

hello
    I got my first card yesterday
    from panhandle, giant sunflowers, I cant get too many sunflowers.
    thank you
    michelle