Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

new: mnf's november: what i am thankful for swap.

flowergirl34
12 years ago

Welcome to MNF (Make New Friends) November's What I Am Thankful For Swap.

The leaves have turned, there's a crisp breeze in the air...it is FALL! Time to reflect on family, friends, and gardens, and what we are most thankful for.

Here's how to sign up for this swap.

~~Post here you are signing up.

~~Then email me a sentence about what you are most thankful for this year. It can be short and sweet or long and poinent. Do not post your sentence here.

~~We will be using these sentences to pick who sends to who.

What to include in your Swap Packet.

1. A Thanksgiving or Fall Themed card. I know hand turkeys are always a big crowd pleaser :)

2. Seeds: No less than 5 packs please. Please send an amount in seeds that you yourself would like to receive. If it is a rare seed and you only have 4 or 5 of those seeds to share, please do. Your recipient would probably be thrilled just to give them a try. Remember, what you would like to receive...

3. 1 Surprise Item...It can be anything! Just a little extra something to make your MNF's partner thankful for being a part of this swap. Could be recipes (for someone who loves to cook), could be something sweet, or maybe something for the garden????? It's up to you!

Sign ups are open till November 11 (please have your sentence emailed to me by then as well.)

Posting sentences November 12, along with picking order (drawn by my Taylor, who loves her job!:0) )

Please send by November 19, with Del. Confirmation. Since this is a smaller swap with cards, seeds and something special you can mail with either a flat rate envie (bubble's are nice) OR a Small Flat Rate Box. Please post your del. confirmation number when you mail.

I would like everyone to have sent and received before Thanksgiving.

This is the Make New Friends Swap. Everyone is welcome!! Newbies, veterans...ANYONE WHO WANTS TO MAKE A NEW FRIEND!

I'll be posting a game this weekend :)

Now you know you wanna join!

Thanks so much!

vina

Comments (129)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Happy Sunday! So sorry I completely missed yesterday. A "quick" shopping trip turned into all day, and dinner! It was a terrific day, unfortunately I didn't get what I had originally went out for, lol! I guess we've all had trips like that.

So to make up for yesterday here are Saturday's Bingo Words: PILGRIMS and HEARTH

And later this evening I'll have the kiddo's draw for today.

THANKSGIVING BINGO WORDS DRAWN:
    GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    RUSSELL STOVER CHOCOLATE TURKEYS
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH

That sounds like a wonderful box. I'm going to have to lookup some of Dan's seeds. They sound like some things that I should be adding to my wish list, lol! :)

THANK YOU'S SENT AND RECEIVED :D
    Shirley (sjc48) send to Annie (canyonwind)
    Annie (canyonwind) sends to Shirley (sjc48)***SENT***
    Margo (smitties) sends to Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008)***SENT***
    Dan (dan_the_mailman) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)
    Melissa (hazelnutbunny) sends to Dan (dan_the_mailman)***SENT***REC'D***
    Rose (rosemctier) send to Margo (smitties)
    Heidi (xiangirl) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)***SENT***
    Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) sends to Heidi (xiangirl)
    tl.graham sends to Michelle (mchill320)
    Michelle (mchill320) sends to tl.graham
    Vina (flowergirl34) sends to Rose (rosemctier)***SENT***

Talk to you later today...
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

You're very welcome, Dan! :) Every time you look at those bunny butts & bawdy pink boas, I hope you think of me. LoL!
    Hugs & Squishes!

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Vina, your package is sealed and ready to go out in the mail tomorrow. I had to make something for it, and it's all ready to go. I hope you enjoy it! I know I sure had fun putting it together!
    Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Only 3 more words needed! I'm getting excited!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good Evening!

Wow! Dan only 3 more words to go! Anyone else this close?

Here are 2 more words that may help :)

The Bingo words for Sunday are: DINNER and GOBBLE~GOBBLE

GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH
    DINNER
    GOBBLE~GOBBLE

Can't wait to get my Thanksgiving! Time to start watching out for the mailman :D

Have a great night everyone!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

It happened today! wHAM! Right smack dab in the middle of the bills was a package from Heidi! :)
    Yay!
    She sent TONS of seeds:
    blanket flower, 4 o'clocks, balsam, nasturtium, sunflowers, hyssop, coreopsis, zinnia, marigold, cosmos....all terrific choices for planting with my kiddos this spring!
    She also sent a bottle of apple cinnamon aromatherapy oil, which is GREAT because one thing I've been craving is cinnamon! I think I'm driving my family nuts, because it's the only scent that I can tolerate right now.
    All that was wrapped up inside a very sweet card!

Your choices were perfect, Heidi! Thank you so much for a GREAT package! :)

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Speaking of mailmen Vina, yours truly put your package in the mail stream today... and your dc# is 03111660000034801242. I'm hoping it gets there on Wednesday because it has something in it you can use Thursday while you're fixing dinner. We'll see!
    Dan

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Tuesday!

Once again I need to apologize for my absence yesterday. Everything is getting very busy for Thanksgiving and then I realized I needed to make 50 cookies for my daughters Thanksgiving party at school today! I was up late last night, but, they went in with her this morning to school. Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip...now that says Thanksgiving! :) I put them all in turkey goody bags. They came out cute.

Okay so here's the Bingo Words for Monday: TOGETHERNESS and FUZZY SWEATERS

GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH
    DINNER
    GOBBLE~GOBBLE
    TOGETHERNESS
    FUZZY SWEATERS

I want to give everyone a chance to check their bingo lists and see if they are close. Then I'll have Taylor draw 2 this evening for Tuesday.

Shirley (sjc48) send to Annie (canyonwind)
    Annie (canyonwind) sends to Shirley (sjc48)***SENT***
    Dan (dan_the_mailman) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)***SENT***
    Heidi (xiangirl) sends to Melissa (hazelnutbunny)***SENT***REC'D***
    Vina (flowergirl34) sends to Rose (rosemctier)***SENT***

Bunny, that sounds like a terrific little Thanksgiving pick me up. Love it!

Dan, can't wait. I'm going to need all the help I can get on Thursday. Added one more for dinner. And promised my daughter I'd make meatloaf and mac n' cheese...she hates turkey, lol! I'm already tired!

I hope everyone has been in contact with their senders and receivers. I know this time of year gets very busy. Please post here if you haven't heard from anyone.

Talk to you later!
    vina

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    Annie, your package went out yesterday! DC# is 03111660000187626563!
    AND when I got home from the post office, your package, along with Jeanne's from the FOTESS group, was waiting for me!
    Annie, thank you so much for the great package. The card was beautiful, I love the hand lotion (from Victoria's Secret!), and, as I am the original "List" person, I really appreciated the magnetic friggie list pad!
    Annie also sent, AT LEAST, 12 packs of seeds, which I will come back on and tell you all about, as soon as I get my computer hooked up again! I'm on my way to pick it up, along with the new printer!
    Wish me luck, I can hardly wait to get caught up on the swap sites!
    Shirley!

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

vina, i pulled a muscle in my back and have been totally useless and doped up on muscle relaxers and vicodin for almost a week. never take your neck for granted! looking straight ahead all the time is not easy and kinda boring LOL anyway, i didn't get my package packed up and mailed up to margo yet-- i'm so sorry! i will try and get it in the mail by tomorrow but it is so crazy here i don;t know if it will happen or not margo im soooo sorry! i will make it up to you i promise! i did get my package from vina and had moi open it for me-- what a great package :) DAYLILY seeds! my favorite!! and some awesome cardsx i can use for the seedy santa swap, which is so cool, and a cute apple friend pillow that i think i will use as a pin cushion :) hilarious card too! thank you so much!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Only 3 more bingo words!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good evening everyone!

Wow! The boxes have been flying, lol!

Rose, so sorry about your neck! Hope you have a terrific Thanksgiving!! :) So glad you liked your package!

Shirley, Congrat! on the new computer. And I just love Victoria's Secret hand lotion. It is wonderful!

Bunny's closing in on you Dan! It's still anyones game!!

And now for the Tuesday Bingo words: MEMORIES and FAMILY

GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH
    DINNER
    GOBBLE~GOBBLE
    TOGETHERNESS
    FUZZY SWEATERS
    MEMORIES
    FAMILY

Shirley (sjc48) send to Annie (canyonwind)***SENT***
    Annie (canyonwind) sends to Shirley (sjc48)***SENT***REC'D***
    Dan (dan_the_mailman) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)***SENT***
    Vina (flowergirl34) sends to Rose (rosemctier)***SENT***REC'D***

2 more days till Turkey DAY!!
    And 3 till Black Friday...anyone else embracing the madness??? :D

Have a great night!
    vina

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone! I'm back up and running! The new printer is going to take some "figgering", but other than that, I'm good to go!
    I wanted to let you know what seeds Annie sent-I was amazed!
    Aster Crego
    Sunflower Shortstuff
    Calendula Pink Surprise
    Nicotainia Perfume
    Salvia Blue Angel
    Tithonia Red
    Mammoth Dill
    A Poppy mix
    Zinnia Persian Carpet
    Morning Glory Pearly Gates
    Penstemon Tenuis
    This is really funny, I sent Annie: some dill, asters, calendula and I think, some tithonia! Great minds or what!?
    Annie also sent me some re-blooming iris bulbs - And I have a question: Should I plant these now (my ground isn't frozen yet), or should I wait until Spring? How do I keep them over the winter? Vina-HELP!!!!
    Many thanks again, Annie, this was a great package!
    Off to explore the new printer!
    Shirley!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Day Before Thanksgiving! Everyone getting there turkeys in a row, lol! :)

Shirley, that thankful thanksgiving sounds awesome!!! You can keep those iris in paper bags in a cool, dark place till spring :)...I keep mine in the basement.

I got my thankful Thanksgiving today from Dan! In my package was:

~BEAUTIFUL!! Pot Holders Dan did you make these? I'm using them tomorrow and they are already on the table!!! Thank you!!!
    ~A just for me package including Apple Cider, chocolates (they are already gone!).
    ~Super cute Turkey card! LOVE IT!
    ~Veggie Seeds... pumpkins, gourds, carrots...a super head start in next years garden.

Thank you Dan!! So thoughtful of you!!

Bingo words for Wednesday: CORNUCOPIA and WARM COLORS

GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH
    DINNER
    GOBBLE~GOBBLE
    TOGETHERNESS
    FUZZY SWEATERS
    MEMORIES
    FAMILY
    CORNUCOPIA
    WARM COLORS

Dan (dan_the_mailman) sends to Vina (flowergirl34)***SENT***REC'D***

Have a super night all!
    vina

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

Sent out the package to Michelle. Confirmation # 9405 5036 9930 0296 3676 33
    Hope you enjoy Michelle.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Just need one more word! :) Not holding my breath, though....I figure Dan will beat me. LoL!

We're hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year, so I've been baking all day to get ready. Still tons more to do, but at least all the pies are ready. So far, I've got 2 each of the standard pumpkin, apple-peach, double chocolate berry cheesecake, black walnut and a really HUGE banana pudding. Which I'm sure hubby will tackle all by himself. :P
    Got a 22 lb turkey to get in the oven tomorrow, plus all the fixin's. Gonna have a house full- probably close to 30 people. I'm already worn out!

Y'all have a GREAT turkey day!!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving Eve,

To all, a very Happy Thanksgiving...eat well, be safe and be happy!

The kitchen is calling my name...must run!

Annie

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Vina, I'm glad your package arrived and that you liked it. And yes, those potholders were stitched together by me at my sewing machine. Linda Ruzicka had all of us over in the seeds-n-stitches group making potholders this month, and I decided to make a bunch for gifts instead of just stopping at two. As for the seeds, I first took a look at your exchange page, and, along with seeing that you've got a SERIOUS iris fixation (lol!), you had so many seeds you either wanted or already had, I gave up and simply decided to share with you what I'm going to be growing next year. We'll have to update one another on those gourd seeds, they sound like be ginormous!

Melissa, I'm only needing one more word too! How about that? And you really shouldn't've mentioned that cheesecake without giving us the recipe. So redeem yourself and give it us, y'hear? Tsk, tsk, tsk.

EVERYONE HAVE THEMSELVES A FANTASTIC THANKSGIVING!!!

Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Well...wouldn't that be funny if the word we need is the same? LoL!
    Ok, Dan....I'll post that recipe. It's super simple & everyone LOVES it.

Double-chocolate berry cheesecake

2 cups berries (fresh or frozen, your choice of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or mixed....thaw & drain, if frozen)
    1/2 tsp granulated sugar
    3 (8)ounce packages cream cheese, softened
    14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
    4 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces, melted & cooled
    1/3 cup white chocolate pieces- finely chopped, optional
    1/2 cup chocolate pieces (white, dark, or milk chocolate, your choice)- for topping

2 store-bought graham cracker or oreo crusts
    OR
    1 homemade crust in 9" springform pan

~~ Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups berries & the granulated sugar. Set aside.
    In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese & condensed milk until combined. Add eggs & vanilla. Beat just until combined. Divide batter in half. Stir melted chocolate into half of the batter. Pour into crust(s). Sprinkle optional white chocolate on top. Stir berry-sugar mixture into remaining batter. Spoon berry batter over the chocolate batter.
    Place pans on shallow baking pan. Bake until center is nearly set when gently shaken, 50-60 minutes for springform pan and 25-35 minutes for store bought crusts.

Melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate pieces. Drizzle over top of slightly cooled cheesecake(s). Top with remaining berries.

FOR HOMEMADE CRUST:
    1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham crackers or oreo cookies
    1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
    1/3 cup butter, melted

Combine crackers & powdered sugar. Stir in melted butter. Press into bottom of 9" springform pan.color>

The berries on the top work best if you use fresh. If you use frozen ones, you may want to skip that & simply add the entire 2 cups to the batter.
    A shortbread crust is delicious, too! I've made this with all 3 types of crusts, and everyone loved each one. The store bought crusts really save a lot of time, which is great for the holidays. :)

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

sounds scrumptious! I'm copying the recipe...

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Day AFTER Turkey Day...or...BLACK FRIDAY, lol! :)

I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday, and survived today, if you went out shopping. I was out at about 5 am this morning. I just couldn't get out shopping yesterday, after feeding everyone, I was bushed!

Found a lot of nice deals. And I have to say, I found people just nicer this year. I wasn't in the big whirl of the have to have items. But, everyone I came across was very nice.

Wow! Wouldn't it be funny if you both needed the same word!

Since there are only 2 words left to be drawn, I am only having Taylor draw one...its anyones game...

Okay, here it is... for the whole enchilada...

The Bingo word for THANKSGIVING is: PUMPKIN PIE

GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH
    DINNER
    GOBBLE~GOBBLE
    TOGETHERNESS
    FUZZY SWEATERS
    MEMORIES
    FAMILY
    CORNUCOPIA
    WARM COLORS
    PUMPKIN PIE

I will be laughing if neither of you had that word :)...

tl.graham sends to Michelle (mchill320)***SENT***

Dan, the potholders were a big hit. My MIL and a friend of my mom's asked me where I got them :) I told them they have to join the Garden Web, lol!

Melissa, once I lose the weight I gained from yesterday, I am totally making that yummy pie!!

Have a great night!!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Well Melissa, was that the one you needed? It wasn't for me, darn it all...lol! I had fun playing though!
    Vina, that is just too cool! Thanks for letting me know! Tell your MIL and the other lady that they're limited edition, no longer being produced, and that there are only 10 in existence! Lol, that'll make'em jealous, eh? Too funny!
    Dan

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Well, I have been waiting for the magic winning word since Tues...and it still has not been called....LOL! So either Bunny has Pumpkin Pie and speaks up to win or Dan, Bunny and I...and maybe someone else have the remaining word. That is why BINGO is so much fun! Good Luck!

Vina, you actually went out shopping. I am so glad people were nice. I must say, I am again disappointed, not surprised, but disappointed in man kind (not you Vina...LOL) RE: today Black Friday...A lady was pepper spraying others (several people) to get an XBOX. My goodness, she got away, yes she escaped with the XBOX in hand after going nuts with her pepper spray. I am quite sure the police will get her...but...this is sad. To many bad happenings on the news last night and today RE: Southern Californians and Black Friday.

Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving. Happy weekend to all! Tiz vino time! Tata!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Nope! Not the word I needed either, Dan! LoL!!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Hope everyone had a lovely thanksgiving!!

Vina ~ my pkg to Heidi went out and s/be marked as *SENT* as well. :)

~Wendy

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone!
    Hey, I have 8 words-the most I've ever had, in ANY bingo game!
    Going shopping now - YUCK!
    Shirley!

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

I received my package today from Michelle! I am so excited. She sent some starbucks coffee individual packets (which my daughter confiscated and refuses to return) rain lily and spider lily bulbs, sachet with lavender, plant tags, and seeds for poblano pepper, white acorn squash, lemon cucumber, ground cherry, carnival squash, mixed MG, kobasha squash. Awesome! Thanks Michelle. Hope you get your package today and like it!!

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Evening All!

WOW! No one has that word!! This is the strangest and longest Bingo I have ever done, lol!

Since there is only 1 word left...I call...

The BINGO WORD FOR THE DAY: TURKEY

1st one to post here with BINGO!! gets BINGO!! :)

GOURDS
    STUFFING
    HARVEST
    MASHED TATERS
    GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
    SPICES
    LEAVES
    WARM FUZZY FEELING
    PUMPKIN
    INDIAN CORN
    FRIENDSHIP
    PILGRIMS
    HEARTH
    DINNER
    GOBBLE~GOBBLE
    TOGETHERNESS
    FUZZY SWEATERS
    MEMORIES
    FAMILY
    CORNUCOPIA
    WARM COLORS
    PUMPKIN PIE
    TURKEY

Thanks Wendy, Got it. :)

Annie, I was surprised by how pleasant my shopping day was. I even went to one store looking for one of the door buster toys only to find them sold out. The manager gave me a comperable (and I think better) toy as a replacement for the same price. When I got home I found out it was a combo pack!! So I got 2 BETTER Toys for the price of 1 cheapy...so happy!! This was a smaller store, not a big box chain. I will be shopping there more often for sure.

Shirley, Congrats on the 8. Hope you have a fruitful shopping day! :)

Wow! Tl, that sounds like a terrific thankful package! :)

Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) sends to Heidi (xiangirl)***SENT***
    tl.graham sends to Michelle (mchill320)***SENT***
    Michelle (mchill320) sends to tl.graham ***SENT***REC'D***

HAVE A SUPER NIGHT!!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Pumpkin
    Family
    Turkey
    Warm Colors
    Leaves
    Green Bean Casserole
    Harvest
    Stuffing
    Pilgrims
    Friendship

And (can I have a drumroll please?) that means BINGO!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Vina, that has got to be THE MOST FUN I've ever had playing bingo! I love it when it gets down to the wire, don't you? Lol!

Thank you for doing such a great job hosting this swap!!!
    -Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

Congrats, Dan! Who knew that one little word would be so important?! LoL!

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

well, any linguist or grammarian would know...lol

for example, look at what kind of difference can happen just because of a comma...

let's eat grandpa
    let's eat, grandpa

somebody better run! rofl

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I like eating Dan.
    I like eating, Dan.

Oh...I see what you mean! :P

• mchill320
    12 years ago

I got my package yesterday.
    It had:
    2 beautiful bracelets, one had matching earrings
    5 yummy suckers (couldn't resist, neither could my mom)
    some really good recipes that i can't wait to try
    seeds: dill, eggplant, sweet corn, crookneck squash, pickle cucumber, spinach, lettuce, acorn squash,turnip greens, carrots, iris and marigolds.

thanks so much tawnee for a great package.

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Shirley.......

I just went outside to pick up two days worth of mail....
    Your package was carefully placed in my mailbox...thank goodness.

I received......

***a very lovely card

***lots of seeds....Calendula, Tithonia, New England Aster, Zinnia Swizzle Yellow Scarlet, Dill, Balloon Flower, Common Sneezeweed, Coral Nymph Salvia, Decorative Sneezeweed, Lavender Poppy, Malva Zebrina, Red Texas Hummingbird

***handmade notecards (8) with envelopes. I absoloutley LOVE these! Each one is unique, inside and outside.....butterflies, flowers, tulips...even a kitty.
    And these were bundled together with pretty ribbon.

Shirley, what a wonderful package....

Many THANKS!!!!!!

BINGO...the last word did it...that never happens...LOL! Congrats Dan!

Vina, I loved your "what I am thankful for" swap. Great fun and very special words of thanks from each participant.

Beautiful day outside...85 plus degrees today!
    Happy week to all!

Annie

• sjc48
    12 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    Annie, I'm glad you liked the cards - that's the way I used to make notecards, before I got the camera, computer and printer! Discovered them when I was cleaning out my old projects under the fouton. I remember the first year I did them, I had cards drying ALL over my house!
    Dan, congrats on the Bingo win. I never win at Bingo, and I never win a game when you are playing also - what am I doing wrong!?
    Margo, what's the weather like, to the south? It is relatively warm here, in the 60s yesterday.
    Hope everyone is recovering from the feasting, and gearing up for Santa's Big Day!
    And yes, many thanks to Vina for a great swap! I loved reading the thankfulness phrases!
    Shirley!

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I wanted to send a very warm thank you to Margo for a lovely package! I'd mistakenly put it in w/ the pkgs that were for the winter sowing exchange..lol. So I just opened it today :P

Margo ~ you could not have picked better colors for my bracelets!! I LOVE the black/turquoise combo!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter already nabbed the pink'ish toned one..lol

She made those bracelets by hand, by the way! :)

She also sent the following seeds:
    Coneflower 'Green Envy'
    Coneflower 'Coconut Lime'
    Coneflower 'Hot Papaya'
    Coneflower 'Primadonna'
    Sunflower 'Irish Eyes'
    Calendula 'Apricot Twist'
    Blanketflower 'Razzle Dazzle'

LOVE the seeds you sent!! I don't care if they come true or not, it will still be fun to see what they end up producing! Might be the next greatest variety of coneflowers! lol

Thanks so much for the thoughtful gifts.

And thank YOU, Vina, for hosting such a nice swap!

*hugs*~~
    ~Wendy

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Monday!!
    I must admit I'm glad to be getting back into the normal swing of things. This long weekend has me tuckered right out.

Dan, C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ~ ! ! ~ ! ! on your BINGO!!! Please send me your addy and I'll get your supa prize sent out to you :)

That was by far the most interesting game of Bingo I have ever been a part of...LOVED IT!!!

The packages are still flyin' and they all sound just wonderful!! So many different thoughtful little things sent. Just makes me smile :0)

Shirley (sjc48) send to Annie (canyonwind)***SENT***REC'D***
    Margo (smitties) sends to Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008)***SENT***REC'D***
    Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) sends to Heidi (xiangirl)***SENT***
    tl.graham sends to Michelle (mchill320)***SENT***REC'D***

Only 1 more left to send and 2 more left to receive, and then this swap is history. Just like our poor little turkey from last Thursday :)

And I want to THANK all of you for making this such a fun and wonderful swap!! I just may do this again next year!

Have a great day!!
    vina

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    12 years ago

Wendy sent me the most wonderful package. Right on top was a mini scarecrow. My 11-year-old danced with the scarecrow through the kitchen while I screamed at each little packet of seeds. There was a lump in the bottom of the box. What could that be? Blueberry Jam! Marvelous! How creative and fun! Thank you Thank you Thank you. I'd never done this before. Now I know why you're all addicted...I mean excited.

Heidi
    P.S. Anybody with Sassy in their name is an instant friend!

• smitties
    12 years ago

Wendy, so glad you enjoyed your package. I love making bracelets for friends and family. I make them but never wear them as I don't care to wear bracelets on my wrists. Making jewelry is a destresser for me.

Rain, rain, and more rain here. Snow expected tonight but not much.

Have a good evening all, Margo

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

margo, i'm again so so sorry! i got your box packed up today-- i hope you like it and it is worth the wait. i'm heading to the post office right after class tomorrow. your address is still the same, i hope?

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Thursday! 1st of December...24 more days till the BIG MAN COMES :)...my kids are already counting down, lol!

Dan, I still need your addy for your supa prize.

The awesome boxes are still flyin, but...

We are almost wrapped up... :)

Rose (rosemctier) send to Margo (smitties)***SENT***
    Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) sends to Heidi (xiangirl)***SENT***REC'D***

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

I thought I sent it to you last week, but I'm happy to send again Vina...lol. Let me know if it doesn't come through.
    Dan

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

lol, Heidi ~ I'm so happy you enjoyed your box. I tried to save money buy wrapping over the priority flat rate but it ended up being the same after all...lol.. (Dan ~ you didn't read that... :P)

Thanks for yet another wonderful swap!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• smitties
    12 years ago

Rose, indeed to address is the same. Not going anywhere for a long while. LOL

Margo

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Morning!

Dan, Got it! :) Supa is going out on Monday.

Chilly here today. But gorgeous! I hope everyone out West is staying safe with all the high winds and snow storms I'm seeing on the news. 150 mph winds, I can't even imagine!

Have a great day and stay safe!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Wendy, you are absofreakinglutely chuckalicious!!! Thanks for the giggles! I can just picture your expression when you found out you'd done all that wrapping and the price was the same.

Vina, I'm glad it came through! I'll be keeping my eyes peeled (figuratively, not literally. that would be a bit gross, don't you think?)

JUST THREE, COUNT'EM THREE, WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! AS A MAILMAN, I WILL BE SOOOOOOOOO GLAD WHEN IT'S OVER!!! BUT, AS A HOOMAN BEAN, I'M GOING TO DO MY BEST TO ENJOY THE NEXT 3 WEEKS.

HUGAS to you ALL!
    Dan

• smitties
    12 years ago

Received my great box from Rose today and what fun to open. She included a 4 o'clock tuber which is great because I couldn't grow any successfully last year so this will give me a head start. The cutest little painted gourd ornament that is hanging on our tree as I type this, nothing but that is on that tree because I am so far behind but it looks great. I love the ornaments I hang on the tree each year from my gardenweb friends. A decorative spray can for misting my plants, (much needed), seeds, hot cocoa mix, (again much needed as our temps have dropped), all fruit spread that will be out on the table tomorrow morning at breakfast and a huge jar of honey that I can't wait to start using.

Thank you so much for all the great things packed in my box Rose. It is all much appreciated.

I hope everyone is off to a great weekend. I spent an hour last night standing in the freezing cold after the maintenance guy hit a gas line while trying to dig next to our building to fix where we had water leak every time it rained. The store quickly filled up so we had to leave and it took almost an hour to get the company out to shut off the gas. The guy that hit the line thought it was no big deal and told other businesses that they didn't need to worry. The gas company was not happy with him. Since he was the one who caused the problem, he or his boss will be responsible. He made a real mess that escalated into big problems so this will cost someone thousands of dollar. Thus, the reason the gas company says "call before you dig".

Smitties

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Evening all!

Dan, hope you don't mind, but, your secret santa piggy backed in your prize package. :) Hope you enjoy!

Margo, that sounds like a terrific package to wrap up this swap!

Rose (rosemctier) send to Margo (smitties)***SENT***REC'D***
    Wendy (sassybutterfly_2008) sends to Heidi (xiangirl)***SENT***REC'D***

I just want to thank everyone again for such a super awesome swap!

And, I believe Porky Pig put it best... bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh, that's all folks! :D

Have a super night everyone!
    vina

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Vina, your package arrived today, and WOO-HOO!!!! Thank you! The kids have the mice scattered around the house already, the little lavender pillow is here with me at the computer, the card is hung, and the seeds are sleeping, dreaming of being planted when the time is right. You really know how to pack a prize package! Thanks again!
    Dan

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts