Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dirt_under_my_nails

update: christmas stocking swap # three

Each player sends me

~ A stocking - at least 12" long I want to be able to

stuff them, you can make them or buy them

(make it one you would be happy to receive!)

~ seeds to swap ~ you will get back the same amount

(or more) that you send, no more than

2 packs of each on mixed seeds(unknown

variety, ie zinnias mix) and 3 on

named cultivars(zinnias:canary yellow)

It's helpful if you GW name & year is on the seed packet

~small gifts ~to be sorted among the players stockings,

try to stay away from the very fragile it

takes up alot of room in someones stocking

to use bubble wrap. Also remember jar

candles are very heavy, but votives are

nice. Hand made/store bought ornaments, pens, note pads, small calenders,seed baggies,plant markers,CANDY....you get the idea!!

Just try to keep everything a size that

will fit in a stocking. Don't feel you need to

stuff a huge box just, some(SMALL) nice gifts to

share.

Please DO NOT send any plants!! Bulbs for indoor winter blooming would be GREAT ie.. paper whites or amaryllis.

~Please send no less than 9$,IF you want delivery confirmation please let me know and send extra $ for it!

~ All boxes need to be in the mail by Nov 21!I will sort seeds and pack all stocking. Hopefully getting them out before Thanksgiving!!They should arrive at YOUR home the 1st week of Dec. THIS DEPENDS ON WHEN THE LAST OF THE STOCKINGS ARRIVE!!!

~Please,PLEASE, please put your full name, address and GW name in your box!

Stockings in route to GA so far:

*Bunny-arrived

*Scarlett

*Michelle-arrived

*Toni-mailed

*Robin-mailed

*Jodi B-mailed

*Sue

*Maryann

*Linda-arrived

*Joyce-mailed

*Kamiljablo

*Chere-arrived

*Rhonda

*La Donna~arrived

*Dan-arrived

*Kat-arrived

*Megan-arrived

*Joan-arrived

*Crystal-arrived

*Kathy-arrived

later...April

Comments (138)

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

I never got OUT of the cups....! And it's Dan's fault anyway...he pushed me in!

How about 826?

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No one is right yet! A few close guesses though.....

Maryanne~ I'm hoping your box arrives today!!!

Dan~Quit pushing people!!! I might have to repack your stocking if you don't BEHAVE!!!

later...April

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kamil~ Your stocking arrived!!!

Maryann~ I really was hoping your's would have been here today too. Will wait till my mail is delivered on Friday before I mail out. Crossing my fingers that it makes it!!!

Stockings in route to GA so far:
    *Bunny-arrived
    *Scarlett-MIA!!
    *Michelle-arrived
    *Toni-arrived
    *Robin-arrived
    *Jodi B-arrived
    *Sue-arrived
    *Maryann-mailed
    *Linda-arrived
    *Joyce-arrived
    *Kamiljablo-arrived
    *Chere-arrived
    *Rhonda-arrived
    *La Donna~arrived
    *Dan-arrived
    *Kat-arrived
    *Megan-arrived
    *Joan-arrived
    *Crystal-arrived
    *Kathy-arrived

later...April

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

behave??? me??? what did I do???

• crisann
    14 years ago

my guess is 1101

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

982 and 884

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Kathy

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago
  • dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

later....April

• crisann
    14 years ago

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

My next guess is 903.

Crystal

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

How about 880?

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

hmmm, I'm gonna guess 1012 and 982 this time.

should we be guessing higher, or lower, than 1000?

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It is higher than 1000. And you have until 1:00 p.m on Friday to guess. The closest gets the prize!

later...April

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I guess 1376.

Rhonda

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

over 1000 eh? okay, then today's guesses will be 1035 and 1123.

Good Luck Everyone!

Peace.
    -Dan

• monkey665
    14 years ago

Good morning all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. Thought I would guess today. How about 2395 or 1416? Started putting my christmas stuff up with the kids. I just love the holidays. My second favorite time of year. My #1 favorite is of course the warm weather with mother nature blooming.

Linda

• crisann
    14 years ago

Good morning~

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

My guesses are 1005 and 1050.

Crystal

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Maryann~your stocking made it!!!

*Bunny-arrived
    *Scarlett-MIA!!
    *Michelle-arrived
    *Toni-arrived
    *Robin-arrived
    *Jodi B-arrived
    *Sue-arrived
    *Maryann-arrived
    *Linda-arrived
    *Joyce-arrived
    *Kamiljablo-arrived
    *Chere-arrived
    *Rhonda-arrived
    *La Donna~arrived
    *Dan-arrived
    *Kat-arrived
    *Megan-arrived
    *Joan-arrived
    *Crystal-arrived
    *Kathy-arrived

La Donna was the closest guesser with 1,233.Actual number was 1,261!

later...April

• chitownladyd
    14 years ago

{{gwi:1309182}} I WON!?! I never win anything. Woweee!

La Donna ``````(taking a bow)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hope everyone had a great 4 day weekend!! It was a little crazy here. I did NOT get to mail on Friday!! I know BAD hostess.. Anyway only 7 stockings went out today. The printer & I are not seeing eye to eye right now.It BETTER be in a great mood later....or I will replace it.(hoping the printer hears my thoughts that involves a freaking sledge hammer!!)The rest should fly out in the AM!! Please let me know when your stocking arrives!!!

later...April

Stocking that have left GA
    Dan
    Robin
    Joan
    La Donna
    Toni
    Jodi
    Linda

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Yay! Here comes my stocking! Good thing too, I've been going barefoot on one foot ever since I sent it! ((GRIN))

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

Ok....HOW did DAN get first on the list??!

Has he been bribing Santa again? Perhaps giving him too much Rum Cake & Eggnog?

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bunny~ Brooke MADE me do it! (plus his label came in his box!)

A friend from the Brug Forum has her pup entered in a dog contest. More votes are welcomed!!!

later...April

Here is a link that might be useful: Vote for Fendi!!!!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

lol... nothing works better for the Man in Red than a bit of eggnog and rum cake! haven't you ever noticed his red nose? of course, he does share, I mean, after all, look at Rudolph!!!

• monkey665
    14 years ago

April,

Thank you so much. I am so excited and can't wait to get my package. You guys are great.

Linda

• threeshyacres
    14 years ago

Woohoo...I'm very excited to see my name on the first seven list!

Happy December,
    Jodi B.
    "ThreeShyAcres"
    : )

• chitownladyd
    14 years ago

YIPPEE!

Garden webbers rock!!! I got my stocking today, and boy oh boy was it stuffed. I had so many seeds that I have coveted and am so thrilled that I did this swap. Thank you to all those generous swappers out there in 'cyber land'.

A special (((April))) to our organizer! You are awesome!

La Donna

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Will today be the day? This has been so much fun, and my stocking hasn't even arrived yet! April, thank you for doing all of this, it's been great! (pretending I'm asleep so Santa won't skip me) ***whispering to myself "will it come today?"***

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Mine was delivered to the PO yesterday, but I don't get it til today...I'm so excited!!!

Hmmmm the GW's website isn't wrapping text. Is anyone else having to scrooolllllll way to the side to read it?? Strange...maybe it's my browser.

• threeshyacres
    14 years ago

Yay....thanks so much, April, and fellow gardeners...I received my suprise box yesterday on a day that hubby and I agreed was horrid....so this gift was a huge mood booster! So many cute things....I think the kids stole all of my candy already! And the seeds were really great! I will definitely participate next year as well.
    Happy Holidays and thanks to ALL!
    Sincerely,
    Jodi B.
    : )

• monkey665
    14 years ago

Hi all,

Just received my stocking and just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you. Its awesome. So many great things. The stocking is adorable. I definately will do this next year.

LInda

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've been offline for a day or 2! Every time it rains my internet connection seems to go away!!Sorry for the delay but..... as of today.....

Glad everyone(so far) is happy with what they got!!!

later...April

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

April,
    I received my stocking today!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!! It was just packed FULL of wonderful surprises and seeds! Pepper and I had a ball going through everything! Thanks so much for hosting this swap and thanks to everyone who shared some of their Christmas spirit!

Joan

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Want to know how to really enjoy the Christmas spirit? Listen to a bit of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra while fending off (then giving up) the cats while looking through your Christmas stocking! My roommate Joe and I opened up the box together after dinner tonight, and had an absolute blast eating candy, smelling candles, perusing through the seeds, and generally just having a ton of fun going through the whole thing!
    BIG THANKS to April for hosting this, and BIG THANKS to everyone for sharing!!! You all are a GREAT group of people!

Peace.
    -Dan

p.s. Oh yeah, add falling snow to how to get "in the holiday mood".
    ((grin))

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Received my AMAZING stocking today!!!!!!! HOLY COW what a batch of goodies!!! Thank you to everyone for sharing and Thank you April for hosting this fun swap :) It's been great!!!

Take care and Happy Holidays everyone :)

Toni

• robin1962_2008
    14 years ago

My stocking arrived today!!I think I`ll save it til Christmas to open it!!THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !!!

• dirtdiggin
    14 years ago

Oh I forgot to say THANK YOU so much for the Brugs cuttings!! Two are already rooted WOOOHOO! Can't wait to see them grow up lol.

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

WOW! My stocking came to day and man was that box packed! Thank you so much, everyone, and especially our wonderful hostess, April, for a fantastic job! My daughter couldn't wait to dig into the box and have at the candies! I loved the scrapbooking items and my daughter and I are going to make some gingerbread cookies tonight and use the mix and cookie cutters! There was a package of goodies for my dogs, too. Note pads and Christmas pencils (stolen by daughter) hot chocolate, and so much more! I couldn't believe there were so many seeds and a even a few bulbs, so I will definitely have to make a special bed for all of them. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, stay warm and enjoy the season!

~Kathy

• crisann
    14 years ago

YIPPEE -- received my stocking in the mail today!
    The neighbor girls must think I am crazy -- I was skipping and jumping on the way back from the mailbox -- HeeHee!
    There were so many wonderful things in my stocking -- Thank you all sooo much for all the great gifts and thanks April for all your time and work hosting this swap!

Here is a picture of all the great gifts I received!

This was such a wonderful swap --
    Thanks again to everyone!!

Crystal

• Joyce Knight
    14 years ago

April, I received my stocking today. I was so tired when I got home from Christmas shopping, and there on the front porch was my wonderful box full of goodies. I couldn't wait to get inside and tear open the box. Wow, I couldn't believe all of the great stuff packed inside. I love it all. And thank you so much for putting together such a great swap. Oh, and thank you so much for the brug cuttings. I can't wait to see them grow. Have a very Merry Christmas. Joyce

• katsgarden864
    14 years ago

I recieved my stocking today!! I was so excited! Thank you all so much!! I loved all the goodies and my dane's loved the tennis balls! You all are amazing! This has been a great swap! Thank you April for putting this all togeather and for the Brug cuttings!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

-Kat

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad more stockings have been delivered. Was hoping they would ALL be at their destinations by now.... Tomorrow should wrap it up.

Crystal~Thanks for posting photo of your stocking!!!

later...April

• hazelnutbunny
    14 years ago

I received my stocking yesterday! The kids & I have had so much fun going through the goodies.
    Thank you, April, for hosting this one! :O)

• sguanzon
    14 years ago

I got my stocking and it was stuffed with wonderful things, seeds, candies, ornaments, and a Merry Christmas stamp! Thanks so much for hosting. I enjoyed it very much!

Sue

• kamiljablo
    14 years ago

Hello!
    I recieved my stocking! It was packed full of great stuff! Thanks for hosting!

Kamil

• rbrady
    14 years ago

Hi everyone! I was so excited when I got home from work today! My stocking was waiting for me-loaded with tons of stuff! Thanks to all of you for sharing and to April for being such a great hostess. She did an awesome job!

Rhonda

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello everyone
    I got my stocking yeasterday
    thank you everyone that sent in goodies and stocking(I love the one I got back) the boys made off with most of the candy and some of the gifts LOL but the note pads and bulbs, towle, candles, and other goodies oh and of course the seeds were all great.
    thanks april for hosting this year, and maybe next.
    merry christmas everyone
    michelle

• dirt_under_my_nails
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've not updated the list but, is there anyone who has not received their stocking yet? I have confirmation # & look to see where it landed if so.

later.....April

• chere
    14 years ago

Hi April,

I got mine today although it might have been at the P.O. yesterday but we had snow and were afraid to go out. Thanks to everyone for all of the goodies. Thanks you April for all of your hard work getting these to us.

Happy Garden always,

Chere

• mwhit145
    14 years ago

I got my stocking last week! So much fun opening it up and seeing all the goodies and seeds. It was an early Christmas present!
    Megan

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

April, was Megans stocking the last one that needed to be delivered?

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR HOSTING THIS, IT WAS GREAT!!!

***heading off to the rate & review forum***

Peace.
    -Dan