Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nettasaura

UPDATE: 'Seed-Hot-Cocktails' Swap.....The're Going Home!!!

nettasaura
17 years ago

Alrighty! I surprised even myself by getting done this quickly! The packages will be mailed this afternoon (around 4pm pacific, have to wait for DH to get home from work)and I will post here after I get back from the PO. All I have left to do is seal and label them! Below is a list of all of our players and their corresponding delivery confirmation numbers. Please post here when you receive your package!

zabecc - Elizabeth - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 6841

micyrey - Michelle - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 6858

daisydo - Joyce - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 6865

etravia - Maggie - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 6889

sandy_s - Sandy - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1693

moonphase - Annette - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1686

gybns - Gene - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1679

simplylisa - Lisa - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1662

andrea81 - Andrea - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1655

rosebud_2050 - Shirley - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1648

lizinnh - Liz - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 6896

mallowmallow - Pam - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1624

michiganalice - Alice - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1631

oknish - Ordella - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 6872

threeshyacres - Jodi - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1709

limequilla - Suzy - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0368 1716

rudybacon - Kathy - DC#: 0306 0320 0004 0367 7276

This swap was a lot of fun! It was kind of like Christmas every time I would open one of your packages because I wasn't quite sure what I was going to get. I have included with your "Hot Cocktails" a handmade card and a small handmade gift to show my appreciation for your participation in this swap. I will post below the master list of what everybody (with a few exceptions per their request) will be getting in their "Hot Cocktails" package. A few things were very chaffy (zinnias, for example) to the point of being to much to even try to clean or I would have been sitting here three months from now, still trying to clean out the chaff. So they got measured chaff and all.

Single Mixes:

Amaranth - 1/2 tsp

Calendula - 1 tsp

Celosia - 1/16 tsp (roughly 80-100 seeds)

Cleome - 1/4 tsp

Columbine - 1/4 tsp

Cornflower - 1/4 tsp

Cosmos - 1/2 tbsp

Datura - 1/2 tsp

Echinacea - 1/8 tsp

Four O'Clocks - 1 tsp

Gaillardia - 1/2 tbsp

Gomphrena - 1/2 tsp

Hibiscus - 1/4 tsp

Hollyhock - 1 tbsp

Larkspur - 1/8 tsp

Linaria - 1/8 tsp

Marigold - 1 1/2 tbsp

Money Plant - 1/4 tsp

Morning Glory - 1 tsp

Poppy - 1/4 tsp

Rudbeckia - 1/4 tsp

Sedum - 1/4 tsp

Shasta Daisy - 1/4 tsp

Sunflower - 2 tbsp

Sweet William - 1/4 tsp

Yucca - 1/4 tsp

Zinnia - 1 tbsp

Mega Mixes: (all labeled with mix contents)

Annual Mix - 1/2 tbsp

Bulbs from Seed Mix - 1 tsp

Cottage Cutting Garden Mix - 3/4 tsp

Perennial Mix - 1 tbsp

Tree & Shrub Mix - 1/8 tsp

Vines Mix - 1/2 tsp

Thanks to everybody for playing! I hope that maybe in six months you all might be up for another round of "Hot Cocktails"!!!!

Your Hostess,

Netta

Comments (27)

• etravia
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Netta - Thank you for being such a great host! In six months we will be up to our eyes in beautiful WS plants too! This was so much fun & I would love to do it again!
    Maggie/Etravia.

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok...so everybody is packed up and labeled....Etravia and Lizinnh have new recycled envies because theirs took a beating in the mail....I am crossing my fingers and hoping that we have enough postage, might be cutting it close, but the last time I weighed a package on my home scale it weighed half an ounce heavier than the PO scale...just waiting for DH to get home from work now.....in the meantime working on the gifts for my other Round Robin so I can get it out the door.........

• limequilla
    17 years ago

So cool! Netta, you always do such a nice job on things. I wish I were half as creative and a quarter as organized as you are!

Yes! Count me in next time and I'll be sure to save all the mixed seeds that come through to donate to the cause. I am so excited about these and it makes absolutely no sense. I have a lot of beautiful, named seeds and a lot of commercial packages I bought, and yet these are probably the ones that will get sown because I want to see what it looks like!

Suzy

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Little birdies are flying home!!! Postage went over just a tad on a few of the packages, but nothin I couldn't handle...I watched her scan every DC label into the computer....everybody please post here and let me know when you have recieved your packages!!!!Thanks for playing!!!
    Netta

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hi
    thanks for all the work, I can't wait to get more WS seeds, I have never WS before and sowed them too early and they started sprouting, so I had to bring them in and put them in the greenhouse(the laundry room in the basement)
    I'm saving more bottles so I can try again.
    thanks again michelle

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok...double checked this morning and every single package made it into the system...if you would like to keep track of yours here is the website for:

USPS Track & Confirm

Thanks & Enjoy,
    Netta

• andrea81
    17 years ago

I got mine in the mail today!!!!!!!

Everything looks fantastic! Netta you did a wonderful job! Thank you for the handmade bonus ;)

Andrea

• etravia
    17 years ago

There here! There here! Thank you for such a great job & for the nice gift! I can't wait to plant. Now I need more containers! So much variety, so much fun!
    Maggie/Etravia

• limequilla
    17 years ago

Mine came today, too!

Love the surprises!!! (I almost posted a thank you for the items by name, until I remembered not everybody might have gotten theirs today!)

The seeds look like they will be so much fun! As I said a million times already -- This was such a great idea!

Please, please, peeps, post pictures of your seed hot cocktails next summer because I won't have room for everything I received. I'll have to pick and choose, but I still want to SEE everything!

Suzy

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Three down....fourteen to go.....

• michiganalice
    17 years ago

Got mine today and as usual everything was so impressive: seeds nicely labled, a card with details, a book marker, etc. Netta, you outdid youself. Thank for doing all this for us.
    Happy Holidays!
    ~michiganalice

• mallowmallow
    17 years ago

hi i got mine also and thanks so much netta for hosting this swap! when i opened my envelope and saw the contents my mouth came open and my eyes went big as i went thru all the nicely labeled packets stating what it was and what was in there and the wonderful card you made and the lovely bonus surprise..it was all done so efficiently and neatly that i am soo glad i joined this swap! now i am looking forward to sowing all those seeds! i sure will look forward to the next one you host! Thanks again soo much!!
    pam
    mallowmallow

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

five down....twelve to go....

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

According to USPS Track & Confirm the following packages have been delivered:

zabecc, daisydo, moonphase, gybns, simplylisa, rosebud_2050, lizinnh, threeshyacres, rudybacon

The following packages are still in the works somewhere:

micyrey, sandy_s, oknish

And the following players have confirmed receipt of their packages:

etravia, andrea81, limequilla, mallowmallow & michiganalice

Please let me know that you have indeed recieved your packages!!!
    Netta

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    I got my seeds today, and thanks so much
    this was a great swap, I only hope mine comes out so well.
    thanks too for the gift.
    thank you thank you thank you
    michelle

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your Welcome!

• lizinnh
    17 years ago

Netta,thank you so much for being the hostess of such a wonderful swap! Your personal touches were so thoughtful. I got home and received the package. It was my first thong delivery - ever. (Book thong for folks not part of the swap.) I am dying to plant these and see what colors bloom. Thank you! Thank you! I am sorry for the delay in posting. My internet went down due to the buy out of Adelphia from Comcast. As a young mother, everything goes to my children first and I seldom do or get things for myself. You made my day. Folks from this forum are one of the things I will be thankful for on Thanksgiving day! LizinNH

• daisydo
    17 years ago

Got my seeds yesterday!! I can't believe how many wonderful seeds were in there. You did a great job, and to remember us with a personal gift was above and beyond!
    I definitely received far more than I gave. Thank all of you that were so generous.

Thank you so much!!
    Daisydo

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

seven down...ten to go....

• zabecc
    17 years ago

netta-
    I got my seeds on Saturday!!! I was so super excited, and I can't wait to wintersow some of them!! You should definitely do this again next year, it was super fun, and you were able to send them out so quickly! Thanks also for the extra gift, you're so sweet and thoughtful :D
    -Elizabeth

• threeshyacres
    17 years ago

Hi Netta,

I also received my package, and was so pleased. Everything was very neat and organized, and the extra book marker gift was such a nice touch. I think we can all see what effort you put into this swap, and that means so much. Many thanks to you and all of the contributing gardeners!
    Happy Holidays,
    Jodi
    'ThreeShyAcres'
    : )

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ten down...seven to go...

• simplylisa
    17 years ago

Hello,

Got it. Haven't went through it. LOL Will come back and post again later.

Hugs,
    Lisa & Kayla

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

According to USPS Track & Confirm the following packages have been delivered:

moonphase, gybns, rosebud_2050, rudybacon, oknish

The following packages are still in the works somewhere:

sandy_s

And the following players have confirmed receipt of their packages:

etravia, andrea81, limequilla, mallowmallow, michiganalice, micyrey, zabecc, daisydo, simplylisa, lizinnh, threeshyacres

Please let me know that you have indeed recieved your packages!!!
    Netta

• oknish
    17 years ago

Hi: Netta: I received my package yesterday - and it sure was a VERY nice package. Thank you for all of the nice goodies. I really did not expect that many seeds, but you fulfilled my dreams by all of the different kinds.
    I will have to make another garden to put in all of the different seeds that I received. I want to wish you and everyone involved with this swap a Blessed Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas. I know I will be thinking of everyone involved next summer when I can sit and enjoy all of these seeds. God's Blessing to you for all of your work.
    OrDella

• nettasaura
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok So I have confirmations from everybody but:

gybns, rosebud_2050, rudybacon

I will be sending you each an email shortly so that we can let this fall off the board!

• rosebud_2050
    17 years ago

Hi everyone!
    I have been having trouble with my server ever since the tornadoes last week (I live in south alabama),so this is the first time I have been able to get online .I hope its fixed .I got the biggest pack of goodies this past Sat.I have been just dying to share,but couldnt get online...Thank you Netta for the great job you did packing and the great gift you made .I LOVED it...the best seed swap ever.Everyone Have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving and dont forget to thank all the troops and their familys for the sacrifices they are making for this Holiday ....ShirleySeason... Shirley