Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: Everything 2012 New Years Fresh Seed Swap

godsgarden9
12 years ago

I first want to thank all that participated in the Back to School/ Fresh Fall Seed Swap, I should be finishing up on the seed packets and hopefully getting them out this week. This is a great opportunity for you to get alot of new seeds for planting in 2012. Here are the details for the swap.....

THESE ARE THE GUIDELINES, SO PLEASE SIGN UP TODAY, AND START GETTING YOUR SEEDS TOGETHER FOR THE SWAP. THEY CAN BE EITHER HOME GROWN OR COMMERCIAL SEEDS, ANYONE CAN PARTICIPATE, NO MINIMUM NUMBER OF SEED PACKETS SENT IN.

1) YOU CAN SEND IN AS MANY SEEDS AS YOU WOULD LIKE. IF THE SEEDS ARE LARGE AT LEAST 12, IF SEEDS ARE MEDIUM SIZED AT LEAST 25, IF SEEDS ARE SMALL AT LEAST 50, AND IF TINY AT LEAST 100 SEEDS PER PACKET.

2) YOU CAN SEND IN ANY KIND OF SEEDS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE, FLOWERS, VEGETABLES, GRASSSES, TREES, ETC. AND WILL GET A MIXTURE BACK UNLESS YOU SPECIFY, ONLY FLOWERS, OR ONLY VEGETABLES OR SUCH LIKE.

3) SEND IN ALL OF YOUR SEEDS IN A BUBBLE ENVELOPE TO PROTECT THE SEEDS DURING TRANSIT, YOU CAN EITHER SEND IN ANOTHER BUBBLE ENVELOPE OR SEND IN A RETURN ADDRESS LABEL AND ENOUGH POSTAGE TO RETURN THE SEEDS BACK TO YOU, IF YOU DONT PUT THE STAMPS ON THE ENVELOPE , I CAN SEND YOUR SEEDS BACK TO YOU WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.

4)PEOPLE LOVE VARIETY SO PLEASE DO NOT SEND MORE THAN 10 PACKETS OF THE SAME VARIETY OF SAME VARIETY OF SEED UNLESS THEY ARE SPECIALTY NAMED OR RARE VARIETIES, THEN YOU CAN SEND UP TO 20 PACKETS OF THE SAME VARIETY.

5) I WILL TRY TO REWARD THOSE THAT SEND IN THE MORE EXOTIC AND RARER VARIETY OF SEEDS, AND EVERYONE SHOULD RECEIVE SOME EXTRA SEEDS. IF YOU WANT TO INCLUDE EXTRA SEEDS FOR NEWBIES, INDICATE THIS WITH HOW MANY FOR THE NEWBIES SO I CAN DISTRIBUTE THEM ACCORDINGLY.

6) PLEASE MAKE A COMPLETE LIST OF THE SEEDS THAT YOU ARE SENDING IN TO ME, OTHERWISE YOU MAY GET SOME OF THE SAME SEEDS IN RETURN. WHEN POSSIBLE WE TRY TO SEND A GREATER ASSORTMENT BACK TO YOU.

7) REMEMBER, THIS IS ALOT OF FUN, WITH ALOT OF REWARD.. A NICE GIFT COMING IN FEBRUARY. ALL OF US PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWAP HAVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE OUR SEEDS WITH OTHERS, AND AT THE SAME TIME IN RETURN RECEIVE ALOT OF EXCITING SEEDS TO TRY IN OUR OWN GARDENS.

8) THE SEEDS ARE DUE BY THE END OF JANUARY, 2012, AND THEN THE SEEDS WILL BE COMPILED AND SENT BACK TO YOU IN FEBRUARY.

IF YOU DONT RECEIVE A EMAIL WITH WHERE TO MAIL THE SEEDS TO, PLEASE EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT godsgarden9@yahoo.com THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION.. GO FOR IT..

Comments (89)

• jlee160
    12 years ago

seeds going out in mail today:)

• scottrell
    12 years ago

Hi Willy,
    I would love to be in this swap again!
    Please send me your address, I can get my package in by by the end of the week.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, some of the seed packages are coming in, and still have plenty of time to sign up and get your seeds in, you have until the end of January so if you havent signed up yet, or need the mailing address, you can email me, thank you.. Willy your host.

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Please send me your address

• lorilynngardens
    12 years ago

I have a blonde question...

Would somebody please email me with WILLY'S LAST NAME so that I can address my package? I have the address, but not the last name. I am ready to head to the post office with my seeds.

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

lorilynngardens ~ I emailed you via GW. Hope you get it!

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I still need his address- can someone send it to me please:)

• lorilynngardens
    12 years ago

Thank you sassybutterfly!

My box is labeled and ready to go.

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

I know I am running late, but please sign me up for the swap. I will get the envy out later this week.

Thanks!

Ellie

• jlee160
    12 years ago

still in need of addy- have not heard from Willy....

• WolfSpiritWalk
    12 years ago

Hi everyone I am new to the site and I have a few seeds to offer. How do I set up my list of what I have to offer?

• jlee160
    12 years ago

my envie was accidently mailed to Dayrl of the edible swap- and is being re-routed to willy.

• beverlysc
    12 years ago

Seeds are in the mail Willy...

• imabirdnut
    12 years ago

Sent you an email, Willy!
    Seeds went out this morning!
    Thanks!
    Lila aka 'imabirdnut'

• clay_lady
    12 years ago

I mailed the seeds a few days ago

• debby_1
    12 years ago

Mine went in the mail today. Thanks Willy.

Debby

• lorilynngardens
    12 years ago

According to USPS site, the seeds finally arrived. I am relieved because I have had so much trouble with the post office lately.

I hope that the seeds arrived intact and that I included enough return postage.

• jlee160
    12 years ago

Willy- how is the seed sorting going? I hope you received seeds, and separate postage that was sent

• moonphase
    12 years ago

I sent my seeds a couple of weeks ago.I hope they arrived.I haven't read anything about who's arrived,etc...guess it's a wait and see thing?
    moonphase

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Willy, please post the progress of the seed sorting. Like the others, I'd like to know when to expect the seeds as WS season is getting short here in CA. Thank you.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Bump...

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is Willy your host,
    I am working on sorting the seeds for everyone, and my goal is to start sending the packages out the first part of march, so most of you should be receiving them before too long, thank you for your patience, it takes me longer during this time of the year as my schedule is very busy this time of the year so I have to spread out going through all the seeds, and Like to return them to all of you about the same time, thank you.

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Thanks for the update, Willy. Happy sorting!!

• moonphase
    12 years ago

Willy,Have our seeds been sent out yet?I have not heard any thing and was just wondering how you were coming along.Thanks and would appreciate an update.
    moonphase

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Yes, an update would be great. Thanks :)

• Christine00
    12 years ago

Yes update please.......

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Update: Some of the smaller packages are going out this weekend, and starting with the smaller packages and working up to get the larger ones out also soon, thank you.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Thanks for the update!

• Christine00
    12 years ago

Thanks for the update!

• beverlysc
    12 years ago

Was just checking in on here. Was wondering about the seeds too. Got spaces ready for the new ones and I hate looking at bare dirt...lol. Patiently waiting. Glad to
    hear that they will be arriving soon. Thanks Willy... Happy gardening.

• debby_1
    12 years ago

Anybody receive seeds yet?
    Debby

• Michelle Reynolds
    12 years ago

nothing here.
    still waiting
    michelle

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Natives are getting restless. What should be a fun activity is becoming frustrating. Even if it isn't perfect, Willy, we need to wrap this up. No 'scuses, Lucy.

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

We need an update. Gardens are ready to plant.

Don

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Hoping everything is okay Willy. I didn't think it would be this long and still no seeds.

Cindy

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Willy send me a message that all the packages have been sent out and we should all be receiving them shortly. Thanks again for hosting, Willy. Hope everything is going okay with you.

Ann

• beverlysc
    12 years ago

UPDATE would be good about now Willy. I think we all have the need for seeds...

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

I just received my seeds in the mail. Thanks to all who shared their seeds. Have a great weekend.

Don

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    12 years ago

Received my seeds today! Thanks to everyone in the swap for sharing their seed and to Willie for hosting.

• jlee160
    12 years ago

I got my seeds today- thank you everyone!!

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

I also received my seeds. Thank you all for sending seeds to this swap. Thanks Willy for doing it.

Ellie

• daisyb
    12 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday. Thanks Willy for your hard work in getting them back out to us. I loved the selection I received and the extras were nice too! Thanks also to everyone that shared your seeds with me.

• Christine00
    12 years ago

I recieved my seeds today! Thanks willy & everyone! Very nice selection

• debby_1
    12 years ago

Got mine today. Thank you.

• cryptid
    12 years ago

Yeah, yeah, yeaaahhhh...! Hooray, hooray, my seeds, they came today! And a whole big bunch of `em, too,...WOW! Our obviously distracted postal carrier deposited them in the wrong box, but I got `em anyway. - Thank you so much, Willy, and all of the rest of you, for hosting and participating! This has been a really great RR! - Now,...I'm heading over to Rate & Review!

• alwaysagarden
    12 years ago

Got my seeds yesterday! Great selection, thanks so much for another great swap Willy and to all the wonderful gardeners. Have a wonderful Spring everyone!

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

Got mine today and several edibles from my wish list. Thanks again to everyone who contributed and to Willy for hosting.

• Pash
    12 years ago

Wow, thanks Willie for all your work. I am blown away by the selection. I had forgotten about this swap, so the package came as a very pleasant surprise.

Thanks again!

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

I got my seeds today, thanks for hosting Willy.

Wendey

• Belinda Sisemore
    12 years ago

can I still get in??