Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
thegardengeek

NEW: The 4th Annual Greedy Geek Seed Swap

thegardengeek
10 years ago

It's that time again!! Start collecting your seeds, get off your tail...because this round robin is in the mail!!

Trade the seeds you have left over or seeds you have collected from your garden for seeds you don't have so you can plant them in next years planting!

Jump on in and let us know you are joining us!! Anything will do! Type "In", "Yes" or even "HECK YEA!!" just so we know to expect your envie! Then send me an e-mails o I can get you our address! Feel free to join The Garden Geeks on facebook as all updates of envies in and out will be posted under this seed event on that page.

We want to make this as easy as we can so new traders can get their feet wet! Don't be shy!! Come join us!!

Here is how to do it. Package your seeds up, you can use anything from those small plastic envies to home made ones made from junk mail. Be sure to label them well so we know what it is, then stuff them in a bubble envelope, drop in return address label and return postage, seal the envelope up, and send it to me. When I get your seeds, I will replace each pack with one sent in by someone else, take the address and stamps you sent and place them back on the same envelope. Seal it up and mail it back to you :). It's that simple!

To make this as easy as I can there are very few rules!
No seeds from before 2012.
No packs of "wild flower" seeds.
No more then 10 packs of one kind of seed
All packs must be labeled with what it is.
DO NOT send money for postage, just postage please.
(for those from other countries, there is a way for you to join as well-visit us on facebook and read the details to find out more!)
Finally, HAVE FUN!!

Normally, the very large bubble envies take 5 or 6 stamps to return stuffed with seeds, medium 3-4, and the smallest take 2-3 stamps when fully stuffed.

This is a chance for new traders to see what Round Robin's are all about!! The exchange is one pack of your seeds for one pack of someone else's. People just wanting to share seeds are more then welcome to do so, I will pass extras on to others.

This will be a large seed swap - going across several sites so please get your seeds in as soon after the opening date that you can!

e-mail me so I can send you my address!

Swap runs from Oct 28th to Dec 6th 2013. Any seeds that come in after that date will be returned unopened.

*you can drop in a SHORT note of a few items you don't want and maybe a few wishes. (NO PROMISES but I will do my best with what comes in :)
**Remember, larger envies will take longer to fill. We do our best to be fair but be warned, if you are expecting commercial seeds only you will be disappointed.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Greedy Geek events page

Comments (28)

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

I'm in, sent email :)

• skyblue52
    10 years ago

Lets get this party started :] Susan aka skyblue52

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

Count me in. Sounds like fun!
    Jean/recipesaver2

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Definitely would like to join -- Sent an email :)

• missyga64
    10 years ago

I would love to join. Thanks. . .email sent via GW

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

Ok, I think I can do this lol.

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

would love to join!

• em247
    10 years ago

I'm in! Sending GW e-mail.

• gr8heather
    10 years ago

I'd like to join!

This post was edited by gr8heather on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 13:54

• fearadyn
    10 years ago

Whoot! Oh heck yea! I have seeds packed and ready to go!

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

Mailed my package today :)

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I have sent my address to all that have sent me an e-mail. If you didn't hear from me yet-please e-mail me so I can get you in! We already have envies pouring in the door!

• lorabell_gw
    10 years ago

Would love to join.
    Lorabell

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

Mailed my package today.
    Jean/recipesaver2

• vajeff
    10 years ago

If it's not too late, sign me up. Seeds are packaged and ready to go.

• Panhandle_Seed_Swap
    10 years ago

I'm in! Thank you!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Mailed my package yesterday. thanks!

• recipesaver2
    10 years ago

My seeds arrived today and what a wonderful package of seeds I received. I am thrilled with everything. Have to spend more time sorting but am happy with all I received.
    Thank you Robbi for all your hard work and thanks to all you traders that shared your seeds.
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
    Jean
    recipesaver2 on GW

• ForeverRecycleReuse
    10 years ago

My package of seeds arrived today as well. Lots of varieties received and many that I need to research. Thank you!!!

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Received my seeds today! As always, a great selection of new stuff for me to try :) Thank you & Happy Holidays

• coolvol
    10 years ago

My email has been sent. I have a nice selection of cucurbit seeds and some dwarf marigold seeds I want to share.

• aquadragonfly
    10 years ago

I'm gonna have to drop this swap, sorry. I have been busy and I am not going to make the deadline.

Just wanted to let you know....

• yeli0507
    10 years ago

Anyone has a few seeds for a newbie?

• jlee160
    10 years ago

u should get my seeds tomorrow

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Rec'd my package yesterday...what a wonderful selection you sent! Very happy! Thank you so much-now off to the FUN!

• thegardengeek
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is just a reminder that this exchange is over and it ended on the 6th. I went out of town the evening of the 6th and told my son any envies that come in the door after this date should be mailed out return to sender. He has reported to me that many are still coming in, including a few that arrived today with a post mark date of the 6th. I am sorry but all packages that come in will be sent back unopened.
    For those that did get their seeds in on time, all envies have been mailed out (with the exception of one that is from across the pond) and I am enjoying reading that you are happy with your seeds! As always, you have all made it fun and everyone did a great job! Thanks so much...will see you again in the spring!

• jlee160
    10 years ago

I received my seeds yesterday- Thank you for the great assortment! I am having a blast going through them:)

• skyblue52
    10 years ago

Thank for a great swap. Ican't wait to decide on next years garden.