* Spring Fling Salad Swap - Host: Tl.graham/Tawnee

APRIL

* Cukes, Melons & Summer Squash - Host: Pawneepapa/Daryl

* Honoring our Heritage Heirloom Swap (HHH) - Host: Farmergirl2009/Ellie

MAY - OCTOBER = Planting and harvesting break

NOVEMBER

* Pumpkins, Winter Squash & Gourds - Host: Wendeyzee/Wendey

* Beans, Beans, Beans Swap - Host: Mchill320/Michelle

DECEMBER = Holiday Break, Planning for the next year.

Looking forward to a year of lots of seed swapping, and making new gardening friends!

Bonnie

Comments (32)

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

I am so excited about hosting. Supposed to get some snow here tonight. I'll be dreaming of spring!

• NancyPlants
    12 years ago

I've been reading the 'planning' thread with anticipation.
    Looking forward to participating in some of these swaps :)

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Bonnie great job and thanks for your work on the Incredible Edibles!

A big thank you to everyone hosting, see you in the swaps :-)

Wendey

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Thank you for organizing this & posting ahead of time. I'm thinking about joining, but waiting because I'm such a newbie with so much to learn.

I'm participating in my 1st seed swap, the Secret Santa Swap here on this forum and will decide if I'm ready.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Corrine, the Incredible Edibles does not require you to become a member of the group. You just join any, or all of the swaps that interest you. We would love to have you, so if you see one that you'd like to participate in, just post on the sign up thread for that swap that you'd like to join.

Bonnie

• apoppyfield
    12 years ago

I am interested in participating in some of these swaps. Where are the rules posted?

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The rules for each swap are posted on the sign up thread for that swap. Currently, we have two swaps posted that are still accepting sign ups.

The first one:
    Incredible Edibles 4th Annual Seed Clean Out Swap

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Incredible Edibles Seed Clean Out Swap

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

... and the second one:

Incredible Edibles Divide & Conquer Swap

Just follow the link to check it out : )

Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Incredible Edibles Divide & Conquer Swap

• sunnyk
    12 years ago

Any idea when the 'Totally Tomato' sign ups will start?? I missed this swap last year and there is no way I am going to miss it again this year!!!! LOL!!!

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well, it's scheduled for February, but I'm sure Deb will post a sign up thread in a couple of weeks.

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The sign up thread for the Totally Tomatoes Swap is now posted. Hope you'll join Deb. I got lots of great varieties in that swap last year!

I realized today that I don't have a list of subs for Incredible Edibles this year. Anyone that's willing to host a swap, if for some reason the scheduled host is no longer available, please email me with the swaps you'd be interested in being a substitute for.

Thanks again everyone for your support. Couldn't keep this group going without you!

Bonnie

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Hi all
    I am wondering if someone would take on my hosting job for 'pumpkins winter squash & gourds for nov. I cannot do it after all, so sorry.
    I have some extra seeds for this so if that someone will email me I will happily send them along.

Sorry for this inconvenience,
    wendey

• julia42
    12 years ago

Hi,

I keep thinking I'd really enjoy hosting a swap, so I wouldn't mind taking over the fall pumpkins, squash and gourds swap. I've never hosted before, though, and I've only started participating in swaps this spring. However, I think I could do a really good job - I love to research and learn about different varieties of vegetables and I'm also very organized. It sounds like fun!

Let me know if you guys want me to host!

Thanks,
    Julia

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Hi Julia thank you for volunteering for this swap, I've never done one either so no experience needed lol. I'm sure you'll do a great job!
    I'll email Bonnie she runs the Incredible Edibles and let her know, she'll probably email you.
    I have some seeds to add to this I can send the when the time comes.
    Thanks again
    Wendey

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

This weekend I will post the Heirloom vegetable seed swap. It is snowing AGAIN today. I thought spring was coming. Guess I am wrong.

Ellie

• julia42
    12 years ago

Cool! I'll look forward to it!

Julia

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Julia, I sent 2 messages to Bonnie and no response so we are just going to say that you are the new pumpkins host, she advised me to post the swap around the end of Oct. and give several weeks for everyone to get their seeds in, the swap is yours for the rules. I do have seeds for you to add and will send them when you post in Oct.
    Thank you so much for volunteering.
    Wendey

• julia42
    12 years ago

Sounds good Wendy! I love pumpkins and squash - looking forward to October!

-Julia

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm here, I'm here!!! Sorry about being slow to respond, but my kids are on spring break this week, and we have been very busy.

Thank you Julia for volunteering to take over the pumpkin swap. I'm about to head out again at the moment, but I will email you some information over the weekend.

Bonnie

• wendeyzee
    12 years ago

Thanks Bonnie ;-)

wendey

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Julia, I sent you an email. Just checking to see if you got it. Let me know if I need to resend it.

Thanks,
    Bonnie

• julia42
    12 years ago

Hi Bonnie,

Yes, I received it! Thanks for the tips, and I'm looking forward to hosting! I've just been busy this week with both Easter and birthday planning - sorry I hadn't responded yet!

Thanks,
    Julia

• sunnyk
    11 years ago

So exciting...Autumn is here again and it's time to start thinking about our Pumpkin/ Squash and Bean swaps!

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

How do you join these swaps and when is the next one coming around?...thanks, Dianne

• sunnyk
    11 years ago

Dianne, you can join when the swap is posted, as this group is always happy to have new members :-D . And I believe the next 2 swaps will be posted sometime next month.

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

And the next 2 swaps...does it go by the schedule?...will we be swapping pumkins, squash, gourds and then swapping beans?...if I know in advance I'll try to keep some of my seeds of those things available or pick up some when i see them :)

• sunnyk
    11 years ago

Yup, those are the next 2 swaps...and usually they are really fun ones! :-D

• MoonFire
    11 years ago

Cool :) I'll be watchin this thread then!

• elliesfun
    11 years ago

Can hardly wait for the bean swap. I was able to attend the National Heirloom Expo in California last month and it was awsome. I bought 9 new dry beans varieties for planting next year. I am ready to go again next year. The speakers were also awsome.

Ellie

• julia42
    11 years ago

Just thought I'd post on this thread in case anybody gets notifications of new messages - I have the Pumpkins, Squash, and Gourds Swap up. Hope some of you will join us!

Here is a link that might be useful: I.E. Pumpkins, Squash, and Gourds Swap

• hementia8
    11 years ago

Is anyone planning on doing the bean swap
    If so I would like to join
    Charlie

• highalttransplant
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Charlie,

I have sent the host a reminder email. I'll let you know something as soon as I hear back from them.

Thanks for the reminder!

Bonnie