Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: Secret Santa Seed Swap 2009 Second thread

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 25 wishes , here on the SS thread..( also make sure your

want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 27th.

3. All seeds need to be mailed out From Dec 1 to the 5th ( so santa has time to get to all his other commitments for the season)

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail before DEC 5th !!

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever

Santa Claus

100 Snow Lane

North Pole 00000

( I Will not track down people for their screen name this year...I dealt with 5,000 emails last Season, help me out please !! )

5. SEEDS will be mailed from Dec 1 to the 5th. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 1st ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES, AND PRIZES !!!!!!!!!! SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's all enjoy the season together !! HO! HO! HO!

Last year NO ONE got less then 5 cards mailed to them..we had 146 Elves, and 1987 cards mailed !

***PLEASE note, I changed my email account info for this swap..to better help me keep track of info !! flwrs4ever@yahoo.com ( old email is still active )

PLEASE NOTE ** You must be a member in good standing**

and, If you are a NEW member...JUST a wish list is needed to join !

** To those already sending me a list of WHOM your mailing to...If you plan to add on, PLEASE keep track of your info and send it to me like this.

Who I reported already..

santa

elves

mrs claus

Who I am adding...

Comet

Vixen

***PLEASE read ALL notes BEFORE posting questions, thanks !

Comments (150)

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

My cards are all ready to go, just need to apply the labels and stamps!

I am very excited, this was so lovely last year! really made me feel the holiday spirit!

Have a great evening everyone!

Frances

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

My cards are flying, like little reindeer! LOL!!! Or, should I say..... Ho! Ho! Ho!

• riley17
    14 years ago

Oh my goodness December first came up really fast! I'm just starting to go through the lists (wow theres alot lol) but I definitely plan on sending as many cards as I can! I LOVE Christmas!
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Holly

• agnella
    14 years ago

Ahhhh! It's time to mail cards??!!??...drat my perfectionist genes coupled with procrastination. I'm working on my cards and they will get done soon even though, I've never once acheived perfection. BUT, I will not let you down Santa! Some special gardenwebbers out there will get their cards. Neither superglued fingers, nor glitter catastrophes, nor crayon meltdowns will stop these seeds.
    Am I making anyone nervous that they might be getting a card from me??? :D

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    14 years ago

I have a pile of cards and a bubble envy ready to go but I think that I'll wait a few days to mail...it will make mailboxing last longer :)

I hope to be able to send a few cards every week after my initial batch has gone out.

Lisa

• daffodillady
    14 years ago

Well, I finally trimmed down my list and emailed it to Kym, and have most of my seeds sorted and labeled. I rounded up enough BEs, so next I will work on my cards and address labels.But I think I better get some sleep and start in again later today. My DH just came by and asked "'Do you have any ideal what time it is?" As a matter of fact, I did not realize that it had gotten so late (or early). Gggrrr...its 342 am...LOL!!

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Good morning everyone ! I have a quick question before I go to work ... is it okay to send the seeds wrapped inside a piece of bubble wrap inside the card in a regular envelope ? Hope all you elves have a merry day ;-)

~Iris

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Iris, if you do, make sure you note on the front of the envelope that it needs to be hand-stamped, and that it contains seeds. This way, it won't be sent through the sorting machines and ripped open. There's a lot more mail going through the postal system right now, which means more accidents will happen. We do our best, but... sometimes things happen.
    Hope this helps.

Peace.
    -Dan

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Good Morning to ALL the Elves !! Thanks for all your hard work !! Let the MAILBOXING begin !

I spent 12 hours yesterday recording who sent to whom..and still 20 emails this morning to go thru !! I will have a list as soon as I can for those that can help do " fill in" cards !!

So much appreciation for you sending to Morgans family ! It has brighten my days to see their name on the lists...THANKS a BUNCH !

******** PLEASE, feel free to send more...BUT, PLEASE let me know WHO ur sending to !! Any card sent thru this swap should be recorded.

Ok, next post...begins the games ...HAVE FUN !!

( Dan, thanks for the great advice as always ! )

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

FIRST GAME !!!! FOR THIS GAME, PLEASE MAKE UR GUESSES ON THE FORUM..ONE GUESS PER PERSON..( NO CHANGES) ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS

1. TOTAL NUMBER OF CARDS SENT IN THE ENTIRE SWAP

2. HIGHEST NUMBER OF CARDS RECEIVED BY ONE "GOOD SWAPPER"

3. HIGHEST NUMBER SENT BY ONE ELF ( I WILL NOT SAY WHO, THIS IS JUST FOR FUN..NOT ABOUT SENDING THE MOST)

4. WHO WILL RECEIVE THE FIRST CARD

5. WHO IS GONNA RUN THE FASTEST TO THE MAILBOX EVERYDAY ? LOL

SO, ANSWER LIKE THIS...

1. 1 MILLION

2. 1,000

3. 500

4. PERSON WITH THE EARLIEST MAIL DELIVERY...LOL

5. SPEEDY GONZALES ...LOL

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Good morning all

1. 1253
    2. 29
    3. 57
    4. Dan (my sister said he is a mail man so he will get his mail faster)
    5. Myself :o)

Happy Mailboxing
    Heidi

• ruthz
    14 years ago

Good Morning Santa & Elves

1. 1527
    2. 96
    3. 48
    4. gmom2-6boys
    5. Ten_steps_ahead (The name says it all)

Now we wait for the landing.

Merry Christmas

• yotetrapper
    14 years ago

ishareflowers
    jas il

• crisann
    14 years ago

HI

Here are my guesses for the first game!

1. 1426
    2. 26
    3. 30
    4. ishareflowers
    5. hotwheeltim :)

Have a great day!
    Crisann

• booberry85
    14 years ago

I know people sent out a crazy amount of cards last year!
    Here's my guesses:

1. 1879
    2. 52
    3. 81
    4. Dan the Mailman
    5. Hdiperna (because she told us so!)

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Love games.........

1. 1655

2. 68

3. 50

4. Little Ladybug...Morgan's family

5. YOTETRAPPER

Merry Christmas!!!

Annie

• Frances Coffill
    14 years ago

1. 1958
    2. 46
    3. 66
    4. Morgan's Family
    5. Everyone run faster to the mailbox (at the holidays we can all use a little more exercise)

• graanieb
    14 years ago

I ought to ask my daughters and grandson, they'd come up with answers, like on thanksgiving, laughed to tears, was the best part of the day.
    Going to look for crystal bowl, probably will find more cards then, be back with answers,

Bea

• agnella
    14 years ago

1. 1385
    2. 19
    3. 47
    4. Morgan's family
    5. me, I have lived on a diet of cookies & pie for 5 days so I'm adding extra umph to every moment.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I am ready to start mailing cards...but I hope to do more this weekend. I hope there is no penalty for elves that are short on time but long on ambition.

Here are my answers:
    1. 1430
    2. 23
    3. 75
    4. pseudacris_crucifer, because I like that name
    5. hotwheel_tim

• Michelle Reynolds
    14 years ago

hello
    my cards are ready to go...we will do timmy's today after he gets home from school.

1. 1522 total sent
    2. 45
    3. 32
    4. dan (I think he will get special treatment)LOL
    5. not me I can't out run timmy(what I wouldent give for a little bell on the mail box so I don't have to keep running out to check

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Didn't play last year but I'll take a shot at this
    4.dan
    5.tim

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi every one,
    These are my answers for the game.
    Lets see now,hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm????????????????????

OK,

1. 2,730
    4.Dan
    5.hotwheels-tim,love the name,he's gotta be fast

Happy mailboxing every one.
    cAROL

• pseudacris_crucifer
    14 years ago

1. 1,111
    2. 32
    3. 23
    4. Agnella, to be alphabetical
    5. Poisondartfrog, because Dendrobatids are so "fast-acting"

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Hi merry Elves,
    It's December! Starting to look and feel more like Christmas, raining all day and getting colder, for us that means below 45 deg tonight.
    Found cards so am getting ready to start!

Answers:

1. 878
    2. 28
    3. 25
    4. Morgan's family, along with Kym
    4. ret--she can make it in sec, laugh,surely won't be me, will be happy whenever I get it.

14 years ago

Okay, here are my guesses :

1. 1,677

2. 87

3. 95

4. Doris (because she is a good sport about being held hostage by crazy elves ;-))

5. me ( cause I need the exercise ) LOL

Thanks for the advice Dan, now I am worrying that maybe I should do my envies differently ... sigh ... I don't want anyones seeds to get crushed ;-(

• dirtdaddy
    14 years ago

Christmas cards were mailed this afternoon!
    Can we still mail after 12/5?
    Anyway! Here's my answers!
    Dan the Mailman
    Riley 17
    Happy Holidays!

• aphroditelaughs
    14 years ago

1. 2,001
    2. 35
    3. 103
    4. Morgan
    5. Dan the Mailman

• riley17
    14 years ago

1. 2,433
    2. 120
    3. 249
    4. Kym ;)
    5. I second Ten_Steps_Ahead

dirtdaddy thanks for the vote of confidence! It wont be me though ;) I cant run. lol! unless I drive my car....haha
    :))))
    Holly

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

"throwing myself through the door and skidding to a stop!!".. AGGGHHHH!!! Kym, I'm sorry that I'm so late! I'll send you an email with my info and then within two days who I'm sending to..

I'll make it easy..

Wish List:
    Anything that will grow in zone 6 that is for hummingbird and butterflies..just LOVE both of those!!

• patti1957
    14 years ago

1. 2087
    2. 30
    3. 60
    4. Kamil
    5. Timmy

• ourhappyhome
    14 years ago

Okay. Here goes...

1. 864
    2. 17
    3. 36
    4. Morgans
    5. I vote for Speedy Gonzales too.

• klorentz
    14 years ago

Sorry for the off topic post(still thinking of answers). But wow what a turn out for this event.I am very pleased to be able to be part of it and hope to be around for many more.Your all a great bunch of folks and I plan on being a bigger part of these forums in the future.Here is hoping for a grand harvest in 2010 full of fun great veggies ,seeds to share and great friends.

Kevin

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am happy to report ...I am caught up with emails..for now..LOL I have a list ready of who I need help with, and will email it out tomorrow to those that have offered to help !!

THANKS sooo much to you all !!! PLEASE, send me reports when have ur lists ready, or if u mail anymore out !!

Kevin..the people on GW are the BEST ! and..u can talk about ANYTHING !! no subject is offtopic !

PLEASE try to make ur guesses before tomorrow when the first card is received !

( the last question was for fun, I am loving the answers ! )

• klorentz
    14 years ago

No prob Kym. Thing is bil car has a flat at the moment and we do not get home delivery and our post office is in another town :( we also live in rule Michigan. As soon as I get the first card I will post my thanks.As to that last question I do have an answer. One of my favorite comic book super hero's The Flash.And as for number 4 I think Morgans. I will work on the other ones for ya.Take care I know we will have fun.

Kevin

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

1. 1920

2. 35

3. 52

4. Morgan's family

5. Quilting_fox

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok, how many of u are watching for the mailperson today ???

HAPPY MAILBOXING !!

Santa is takin the morning off, but will send emails later to "extra helpers"...off to make some Christmas candy !

• grovespirit
    14 years ago

1. 1443

2. 51

3. 144

4. Family of Little Ladybug (Morgan)

5. Any athletic teenaged child of one of the Gardenwebber Moms in this swap.
    If Medo is in this swap, my vote is on her teenaged son. If Medo is not in, my vote is on any athletic teenaged child who has access to a Secret Santa seedswap mailbox. I remember how fast my brothers were when we were teens!! :)

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

I love games!! Hope I'm not too late.

1. 2020
    2. 60
    3. 50
    4. flwrs4ever!
    5. me!

• velsgarden
    14 years ago

4.Morgans family
    5.me!!!!!!!!!

• perennialfan273
    14 years ago

aww crap...I forgot to post my wish list. I've been so busy this week.

• poisondartfrog
    14 years ago

I am mailing mine a few at a time to make it last longer-I won't be through by Friday, but I will try to finish by Monday. Santa will never know the difference...

• carol57078
    14 years ago

My guess will be

appaloosa
    timmy

• crisann
    14 years ago

YIPPEE!
    Santas elves visited my mailbox today -- I was soooo surprised -- wasn't expecting any yet! I recieved two cards today from--

Carol57078
    and
    NLB52

Thank you both so much for the wonderful seeds!

Crystal

• lisa831
    14 years ago

1. 1500
    2. 50
    3. 72
    4.Morgan Family's
    5.Will be Flwrs4everfor e-mails lol and Everyone's run faster to the mailbox

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Yeah for crisann!!! What kind of seeds did you get??

I got a card today too..but if was from my mailman :o) Guess he is hoping for cookies again this year!!

Heidi

• crisann
    14 years ago

Heidi-- I was so excited I forgot to list the seeds :)
    I recieved some Hibiscus, mandevilla, datura(double yellow), datura (double purple), morning glory (black knight)and coneflowers.
    WOW, I can't wait til spring!

Crystal

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

I got a card today,yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
    From-Pseudaicrus-crucifer,
    She sent me some Red Milkweed,can't wait to start WSing.
    Thank you,My butterflies and humming birds will thank you also.:0)
    cAROL

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Congrats Crisann !!!!!!!!!! Congrats on getting the first cards of the swap !

Happy Mailboxing to you ALL !!

PLEASE go to the NEXT thread !!! This one is full...

14 years ago

Woo hoo !! I received 2 cards today !!

Thank you for the ox eyed daisy seeds Angela/Yotetrapper and thank you for the rudbeckia and sneezeweed lol Nancy/NLB52 !! Boy it sure is nice to find goodies in my mailbox after a long day at work !! this is awesome !! Merry Christmas !!

~Iris

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource