Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kilngod

WLOMWL 2011 Swap - Master List Only

kilngod
13 years ago

Hello WLOMWL Swappers,

Here is the link for the Master List of Wants just to get folks started. (Those lists that weren't updated as of yesterday are in grey font instead of black.) The final day for updating your list is Dec 10th. For those of you what had indicated you'd already updated, and are posted in normal font, please put any further updates at the TOP of your want list so I can add them easier.

I will do a formal revision of this list after the Dec 10 deadline.

I will do another "new additions from the tops of everyone's want list" between Christmas & New Years to address a few little bits that folks add as they're packing for others. (Bear in mind, some folks will have completed their seed packing by this time....some will go back and look & pack more. No guarantees.)

Member names on the list are hyperlinked, so that you can go right to their member page (for any have list hawking that you might do).

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE

THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR LINK UPDATES TO THE NEWEST LIST

(or formal announcements by Alana if she needs a condensed area for that)

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL 2011 Master List (1)

Comments (23)

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

**If you need to make adjustments to your current want list entries, like putting "or any other red type" next to true variety names and things like that (like I suggested in the other thread), please do that before the Dec 10th deadline.

If you've done that kind of update, just note:

"Overall list was updated with wider varieties (or colors or whatnot)"

...at the top. I'll update the whole list, and will put that note at the top of your section of the master list. (In other words, I will cut & paste the whole thing.) That way, folks can check back through for those kinds of additions.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    13 years ago

Tina,

I really really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but for some reason your list is not searchable via the FIND tool under edit in Firefox.

Is it searchable for you or anyone else? The Sample list I made in the other thread was searchable. Hmmmm....

13 years ago

I just went and copied the top portion to a new document, and though all the colors and various sized texts did not show up, it was searchable. I didn't know how to make the name clickable though to go to the member's HAVE list.

A suggestion...for those that have not updated yet (like me) maybe just not post a list at all for them but instead just a note...Not Updated Yet. Wouldn't that be better than having an obsolete list posted at all...I can see some things getting filled in error, maybe.

When I made the original sample doc, I just copied the list from the member's page. How did you do it? Copy it somewhere else first or something?

Sue

13 years ago

Well after I logged into Google I found it searched just fine...but

The NUMBERS are not right beyond the first 7 lists...the list then starts off with #1 again...so there are two #1 members, which might mess folks up bad if they are putting them aside by numbers.

Tina, you might want to make the list PRIVATE until you can get the numbers fixed...holler if you would like for me to help...I have free time this eve yet.

Sorry to be such a pita.

Sue

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, we figured out that googledocs doesn't seem to like very very large word docs, and kept hanging up on this file.

So, I've done a new version in the googledoc fomat directly. Please tese this one out and please

POST HERE

to let me know how it's working.

After we get the kinks worked out, then I'll make a new thread that is a no post zone for the updates only.

Thanks!!

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL BetterMasterList 2011

• patrob
    13 years ago

It's working great for me now! Thank you!

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    13 years ago

When I go to the better master list I get a box that says stop running this link,a script on this page is making internet explorer run very slowly. Anyone else have this problem?

• slo_garden
    13 years ago

I had the same problem. I couldn't get into the Better Master List at all (kept getting that error message). The original list worked fine for me, though.

• patrob
    13 years ago

I normally use Firefox and am accessing the master list with no problem. I tried IE and it's a mess, including the message you two reported. I fought with it and finally got the list, but it's too slow to be usable.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

I'm having the same thing happen...I can't use the list!

I did get a peek at it before that warning pops up and shuts me down,it will be great for those who can use it!

Lisa

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok -- this solution should be better, doesn't rely on a script, but feeds out of my website without any bells & whistles.

Give this one a shot.

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL PlainMasterList

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    13 years ago

Tina,

Thank you! The new version works for me too!

Lisa

13 years ago

Goodness Tina, you have certainly given the master list a lot of time and effort. THANK YOU!

Your WLOMWL PlainMasterList loaded in less than a minute...whoo-hoo! You mastered the master list. You go GF!

• sandysgardens
    13 years ago

The Master List works great. Loaded within 15 seconds and caused no kinks or problems.

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

(Bump)

I'll start the new thread when I do the update after Dec 10.

For now that link to the current master list is:

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL Master List w/clickable links

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

Tina ~ I'm sorry if this has been asked already or if I'm looking in the wrong place! Where can I find the latest updated Master List? I still see lots of blank lists so I just want to be 100% certain which one I'm looking at.

Thanks!
    ~Wendy

• poisondartfrog
    13 years ago

Wendy,
    Tina has not updated or posted lately. She may be one of those with continuing log-in problems.
    Hopefully we will hear from her soon and everything is alright with her.

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I haven't posted the update yet, and I am very sorry. I knew the studio sale at my school was overlapping our date here, and that it's right up against end-of-semester grading. And....it's been harder time-wise than anticipated. Sale is now over; 1st set of papers that needed finishing are done; now I'll be finishing the updating in between some hard-core finals week grading -- as my breaks today.

I will have this posted by tomorrow at noon, maybe even by late tonight.

• jodie74
    13 years ago

THANKS KILNGOD! It must be ALOT of work for you but it SURE MAKES IT EASY to fill seeds!

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!
    Jodie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    13 years ago

No worries Tina! We appreciate all that you've done! My list was updated recently. I put the msg to you at the top of the page.

Happy Holidays everyone!
    ~Wendy

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It's all set and updated, and a new "clean" thread posted with the link. It is the same link as before, and is also here below. (There was a little website glitch yesterday, but I've just fixed it.)

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL Master List 2011 - 12/16 updated

• angelady777 (Angela) - Zone 6
    13 years ago

Bump to the top so more of us can continue to use it.... Crunch time is on! ;-)

Tina, it's also cool the instructions you put on the top to remind everyone how to pack for the swap. Great idea! BTW, have you decided if this is the last update or not? I know how crazy it's been, so it's no big deal either way.

Blessings,
    Angela

• kilngod
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh, I am soooo out of time for updating.

****If you want to see peoples' last little updates, click on the screenname on the list and that will take you right to their want list. *****

It also seems that many folks are sending in already, so maybe they've been doing this already.... I may check when I'm packing up the seeds -- as part of the "get things into the baggies" process for Alana. Webpage loads while I stuff each person's bag, and then double check any last bits they've posted.