Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mellen_gw

update: obf november: giving thanks

mellen
15 years ago

Hello! This is the Update Thread for the OBF November-Giving Thanks card exchange.

If you would like to join our group, please direct your e-mails to Carol-veeja11 or Shirley-brittneysgran. We would love to have you!

Here is our list of who you send to:

Amy sends to

Theresa who sends to

April who sends to

Jenell who sends to

Shirley who sends to

Sue G. who sends to

Remy who sends to

Melissa who sends to

Maryanne who sends to

Jeanne who sends to

Carol who sends to

Margaret who sends to

Mary Ellen who sends to

Amy.

Here is the list of updates:

Amy

Theresa

April

Jenell

Shirley

Sue G.

Remy

Melissa

Maryanne

Jeanne

Carol

Margaret

Mary Ellen

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!

Mary Ellen

Comments (52)

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Thanks to April, I got the pic! Couldn't have dont it without her e-mail.

Here is the list of updates:

Amy
    Theresa
    April
    Jenell
    Shirley
    Sue G.
    Remy
    Melissa-Sent
    Maryanne
    Jeanne
    Carol
    Margaret
    Mary Ellen

I forgot to check the box so that the posts from here come to my computer. What a ditz! I got so excited that the pic posted when I "previewed" it.
    Mary Ellen

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-Just a short note & will fill you in when I have more time. Have had my computer down for 2 days ( almost got withdrawal pains from not being able to use) & couldn't post. Mary Ellen, I sent you an email through GW & haven't received your reply for address & ?'s asked. Please let me know if you didn't receive it. Later & Blessings, Margaret

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

We have several people wanting to join the Xmas swap. Was there any joining rules changed yet? Three have done trades in other RRs. PLMK what everyone is thinking.

later...April

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi April,
    I just remembered Carol's not on the other thread. I'm sending everyone an email. If anyone doesn't get it let me know!
    Thanks,
    Remy

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I do not have a working computer at home for now. It needs to go to the shop to be fixed, I hope. So, I will be handling this month from here at school for now. If you send a message on this site, I will get to it as soon as I can at school. If you need to e-mail me, you may continue to do so at my home address. Just remember that I will not be able to get to it until I get to school and have time to get on here.

Margaret, I am sending you my address using the GW address here. I hope that it gets through.

Amy, I have "lost" your address since it is on my broken computer at home. Will you please send it again?

Sunshine and cooolllldddd here today.
    Mary Ellen

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Thanks, Mellen. I emailed you & you too Remy as I didn't receive an email from you. It is sunshine & brisk here today in southeast Iowa. Just a beautiful November day. Hope to get a lot done this week as my granddaughter, husband & 2 great grand babies are coming this Saturday from Memphis, Tn for Thanksgiving. One of those babies I have not seen yet as she was born August 12 & the other one was a year old the 29th of July. Almost like twins, huh? I can hardly wait to hug & hold them. I now have 5 great grandbabies & what blessings, they are! The other 3 live close to me & want to have their Christmas's ready for all. I get each new pj's & holiday outfits for part of their gifts, have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree & they decorate it for me & DH. So much fun & great memories! If I learn to post pictures here, I will do that. Blessings to each of you. Margaret

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Hi All,
    I got a bit of bulb planting and a few other things done today. I am so far behind! There was just too much rain before. Hopefully it is clear on Wednesday, and I can get a bunch more in.
    I forgot that I mailed the card on Saturday. I told you all I could be on time this month : )

Mellen,
    Sorry to hear about the computer. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Margaret,
    5 great-grandbabies! Wow you are blessed. I can't imagine how excited you are to see the new one. I remember how happy my grandmother would get when any great grandchildren would visit, very wonderful memories.
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

Hello everyone.

MaryEllen, glad you started a new thread. I had problems getting the other one to open.

I received my card from Melissa today. Handmade bunny-turkey. My grandbaby loves it, thinks it's her "bunny". Thanks Melissa.

Remy, your gardens are beautiful and most certainly worth the trip. I have to agree with you, I would love to hop in an RV and just go here, there and everywhere inbetween, the ultimate road trip. But I don't want to do the driving :-)

I pulled my back out last week and haven't been able to finish my cleaning up outside and getting the rest of my plants in the ground (or anything else). Not the end of the world, because it rained for days straight. The last couple of days have been beautiful, but now I have an abscessed tooth and my mouth/face has elephantitis. Can't get anything done to the tooth until all the swelling goes away and I have 7 or so days on antibiotics and pain meds as needed. Whoever put the pin in the voodoo doll "uncle"....enough already LOL

We are getting some very cold weather now with talk of snow that is moving in from ohio. I really need a good full day or two outside to finish. Most of my plants were in pots last year that I dug out of the ground because I thought I was moving and I lost so many. Since I didn't move and I was extremely garden lazy all summer, I need to get it done.

My dogs are in heat and totally enjoying each other constantly. They are both females It's really disgusting.

April, glad to hear more new blood wishes to join. What is the current member list anyway?

Talk to you soon!
    Be well all.

Maryanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Margaret, thank you for your wonderful e-mail! You live in SE Iowa??? Are you from Burlington, by chance?

We are having a shortened day of school today. There is a funeral today of a long-time elementary teacher who had to quit a couple of years ago because of ALS. Very sad day for many.

Does anyone have Amy's home address? I lost it on my crashed computer. Please send to my home address as I can still get daily e-mails here from school.

Gotta go! Here is where we stand today:

Amy
    Theresa
    April
    Jenell
    Shirley
    Sue G.
    Remy-Sent
    Melissa-Sent
    Maryanne-Received
    Jeanne
    Carol
    Margaret
    Mary Ellen

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

{{gwi:1310033}}

Forgot to post that I sent out my card out Friday.

later...April

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Mary Ellen,
    sorry to hear about your computer. I would be lost if mine crashed!! I'm not sure if I have your home email address. Is it the address you have on garden web? If not, I don't have it. Could you email me on the yahoo email address I have listed on garden web? Then I can reply to your email with my address. Sounds complicated. :-)

It's getting colder here too and we've had a few snow flurries here and there. Nothing has stuck yet though. I can't believe Thanksgiving is already next week!!

I forgot to post that I sent my card out too. I sent a card to Theresa on Thursday. Hopefully she's gotten it by now.

Amy

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is where we stand:

Amy-Sent
    Theresa
    April-Sent
    Jenell
    Shirley
    Sue G.
    Remy-Sent
    Melissa-Sent
    Maryanne-Received
    Jeanne
    Carol
    Margaret
    Mary Ellen

Amy, sending you my e-mail address.
    Thanks,
    Mary Ellen

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

My card has been mailed to Carol. Brrr... it is getting cold here, too. I think we will have a killing frost tonight - they are saying it will be down into the 20's.
    Stay warm.
    Jeanne

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

I received my card from Remy today.
    Thank you, Remy! It is a very pretty card! And I enjoyed getting something OTHER than bills in the mail today! :O)

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Maryanne,
    It snowed and stuck for the first time overnight: (
    The card sounds cute. I can see why the grandbaby would like it.
    "Whoever put the pin in the voodoo doll "uncle" LOL! Though I'm sorry to hear about your back and tooth. Hopefully nothing else goes wrong. Stay away from sharp objects for awhile, lol.
    I think traveling around to visit everyone's gardens would be fun. It would be better with a chauffeur of course.

Mellen,
    How sad. I can't imagine anything worse than a disease like that.

Melissa,
    I'm glad it came at a good time : )

Jeanne,
    Wow I can't believe you are getting as cold as here! Try and stay warm.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• veeja11
    15 years ago

Mellen, I know how you feel my computer died also, trying to boot it up enough to get the info off it. I bought a new acer boy is it tiny windows vista is a bit confusing, my internet provider dosen't support vista so I lost e-mail also. just thankfull its all electronic not painful like Maryann's. I officially crush any voo doo dolls, so you are safe,love ya all carol

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

C-c-c-cold here this morning. About to start up the fireplace, but that means I have to go OUTSIDE to get some wood.Maybe I'll just put my robe on top of everything & stay in!

Well our plans for Turkey day have changed. My cousin from Alabama called & invited us over. Her daughters & me and the siblings were really close growng up. So I'm excited to go & see them and their kiddos.Glad I hadn't bought the turkey yet. Now I get to make just desserts!
    This well be the first time in 3 years to have a holiday with family.Feeling sorta weepy....Starting to really hate being so far from everyone!

Dec's swap is up for those who missed it. Please let me know if you playing/passing!Want to get the names out before Thanksgiving.Or do you guys think that's too soon?

Have a great(WARM) day everyone!
    later...April

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Ladies-It's a bright, beautiful day here but quite chilly. We haven't had snow yet & had many lovely days this fall. Yes, Mellen, I live just about 10 miles from Burlington although I am in Burlington almost every day at least once! Are you familiar with this town? Your card will be going out very shortly as I have it, just not addressed yet. So slow sometimes. I can't believe the new carpet is being laid today (again). I can't remember if I posted here about the time we have been having getting it installed. It was first laid on Oct. 1st & had a manufacture defect & have been waiting since then to get it done. So many things have happened it is funny, not passing inspection at the factory, not enough to fulfill our order so I had to get a different one. And I thought Mohawk was good carpet! With that the dealer insisted they send us a much better grade of carpet to replace the 1st. It's a good thing I have a sense of humor or it's hard to tell what I would have done. Being torn up this long has not been a picnic but I didn't have to be concerned about cleaning good & when I get this done, I will have my Spring cleaning done, too! Sorry to have rambled on so long! I am glad April you get to spend your holiday with family & pray all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Our Pastor spoke on Sunday that it is getting to be almost a forgotten holiday with so much emphasis put on Halloween & Christmas. Also many people now referring to it as Turkey Day. So many things we have to be thankful for & you ladies are on my list of blessings. Who would I relate all my happenings of my carpet to if not for you ladies? Blessings, Margaret

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is our current update:

Amy-Sent
    Theresa
    April-Sent
    Jenell
    Shirley
    Sue G.
    Remy-Sent
    Melissa-Sent/Received
    Maryanne-Received
    Jeanne-Sent
    Carol
    Margaret
    Mary Ellen-Sent

Well, hubby took our computer in to be fixed, but it is not fixable. Soooo, we are getting a new one. I think it was ready to picked be up yesterday, but neither of us could get there in time before they closed. Our "family" laptop also went kaputt!!! It was an easy fix, though. Some kind of gadget that you plug into the outside of the computer. At least that only cost $25. It's at the same place as the other computer.

April, I would love to get my Christmas partner before Thanksgiving. "Maybe" I can get my box out then early. I am having total knee replacement on Dec. 2 so will be out of commission for awhile. At least, I will have a computer to while away the time. Plus, I LOVE to read.

Gotta go! Kids coming shortly.
    Also, let me know if I forgot you above. :) Remember Thanksgiving is 1 WEEK from today.
    Mary Ellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

April,
    That's great that you are having a real family get together! Plus you don't have too cook as much, yea : )
    I don't have to cook at all this year. My MIL made reservations at a restaurant so we are going out. I think it is odd, but it is what she wanted. I'll make Gary bake an apple pie anyway, lol.

Margaret,
    Wow, that's a long time to have carpeting woes. I was doing some "spring" (The weather has to get bad before I clean, lol)cleaning yesterday. I was washing curtain, walls, etc., lots of weird stuff that you don't clean often.
    Interesting observation by your pastor. Out this way so many people travel here to come "home," it is still thought of as a huge family gathering holiday. This is a strange area, people leave for jobs and could be gone for years, but always consider it their true home and are fiercely loyal to the area.

Mellen,
    KNEE REPLACEMENT! Holy cow! You're so young for that. Did you play football when you were younger, lol. This is a good time to do it though, and I pray everything goes well. And at least you will have a new computer. The computer sure helped me after my operations. I would of never become part of this great group if I hadn't been cooped up and had time to read this forum.
    Remy

• earthlydelights
    15 years ago

hi everyone. snow today. started out wet, but it's laying on the grass and cars and such. i guess not cold enough to stick to the streets and sidewalks. i just need one more week of decent weather to get back out and finish the yard.

my card will go in the mail tomorrow.
    i am looking forward to thanksgiving this year, as i do every year. my absolute favorite holiday. i always use it as others do new years when they make their resolutions. i use thanksgiving as a time to renew and reflect - accept what's been and change what needs it. i had hoped i would have had a "new daughter" by now, but my goodness, this process is taking forever. i have a child in mind, but she had some set backs and i'm waiting for her. no one else has moved me yet like this girl has. of course, that could change, but it hasn't yet.

our thanksgiving will be very different this year, just us 4 compared to the large crowds i have every year. (my christmas will be "easy-going" this year as well). remy, i mentioned to the kids let's go out and they thought i had 6 heads. i would probably still cook the meal the next day because it wouldn't seem right. the last time (and only time since being an adult) i went out of my own house for thanksgiving was in 1992. i vowed "never again".

the antibiotics i am taking for my tooth are working, thank God. as long as i can chew on thursday, i'll be happy.

i have an energy efficiency technician coming to my house tomorrow. he will look at ways to determine how to best use my utilities; seal up my house; do an overhaul on the heater; plug up and weatherize areas that need it, etc. i'm so excited about this and hopefully i'll be able to see a few dollars staying in my wallet as opposed to flying out the windows and doors after he's done.

margaret, i need new carpets, mine are 10 years old and look like they have been here for about 80. between dogs, kids, parties, and whatever else, they are awful. i have been looking at those pergo floors and am considering putting them in. looks real easy they snap into each other. my problem is how many square feet i need and not knowing that each time i am out and see these floor packages. i should do something soon as there is a store going out of business that has discounted them.

be well everyone and stay warm!
    maryanne

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Lovely Ladies-Yea! the carpet is in & the furniture back in place. I can hardly handle it. You can really tell this carpet is quite a bit heavier, too. Another bump in the road smoothed out. April-It's good that you can spend Thanksgiving with family. I think this holiday is what it is all about.Mellen-A knee replacement just before the holidays? I do pray it goes well for you with quick & complete healing. I am sending your card tomorrow & should be there in plenty of time since we are both in Iowa. Will have look up where you are located. I did do Mapquest on your address & it is almost 200 miles from Burlington. To all, there are some of us here who have burdens with loss of loved ones & illnesses in your families. I am praying we all have a most blessed holiday time in spite if the many things we are going thru. Blessings, Margaret

http://media.photobucket.com/image/hugs/zipcode933/hugs.gif

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Oops. Sorry I haven't posted. Yes, I received Amy's very thoughtful card. Thank you Amy. And I sent mine out to April yesterday.

I hope to find some time to garden next week. I'm off all week!!!! Yay!!!

It's been awfully cold here (for us). I hope all the northerners are staying warm!

Theresa

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is our current update:

Amy-Sent
    Theresa-Sent/Received
    April-Sent
    Jenell
    Shirley
    Sue G.
    Remy-Sent
    Melissa-Sent/Received
    Maryanne-Received
    Jeanne-Sent
    Carol
    Margaret
    Mary Ellen-Sent

Maryanne- toothaches are the pits! You will be so happy when you are done with what you have to do.

Remy-I'm too YOUNG to have my knee done? BLESS you!!! LOL Yes, I did play a lot of sports in my younger days-in high school/jr. hi and with the boys in the neighborhood when I was growing up. There were no girls my age to play with. Doing it over the holidays so I don't have to take as many sick days at school. I should be mobile by Christmas. I'm planning on it anyway. I have had shots in my knee over the last 7 years, but they no longer work as my knee is bone on bone now.

Margaret, I have a sister and hubby who live in Croton-down by Farmington. She is a nurse at the hospital in Fort Madison. I know that she shops in Burlington now and then. Your former Superintendent, Steve Swanson, used to be the Supt. there in Burlington for a few years. I don't know what people thought of him, but when he was here, we were good friends with him and his former wife. I just remembered that tidbit.

Oops! I'm late for class.
    Bye, Mary Ellen

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi. All. The card is in the mail to you Mellen. Another beautiful day here & should be doing something productive but I'm thinking of taking a short nap instead! That sounds real good to me. Blessings to all & have a great weekend. Margaret

• veeja11
    15 years ago

I received a lovely thoughtful card from Jeanne. mine to Margaret will go out tomorrow. thankyou Jeanne for the lovely card. I have my new computer, although they told me the old one was dead. dh figured out how to get it running long enough to get the pictures out of it. Mellen walmart has a real nice acer computer for 526.00. boy is it small but I love it. earthly nice to see you posting. have a blessed thanksgiving everyone. hugs carol

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

My card to Sue was mailed Thursday. Sue hopefully you will get it today.

I received my card from Jenell. Thank you Jenell for the beautiful card. We do have much to be thankful for at Thanksgiving. God is good with his blessings.

It was 18 degrees here this morning. BRRRRRRR really cold and not warming up that much.

Mellen-Prayers for you as you have your knee surgery. I lost a volleyball player this past week who will be doing the same thing. Sometimes I think is it worth it? I love sports but do tape my ankles before each game now.

DH and I will be eating Thanksgiving with my family at my niece's home. She has a huge home and we love going there.
    When everyone brings a couple of dishes it makes it so nice and not that hard on anyone person.

Theresa-I can't believe you will be gardening next week. I was hoping to but not in this cold weather.

Remy-DH and I did some Fall cleaning this morning and have more to do. Hope to get the windows cleaned in the next hour. I have two boxes of stuff going into boxes for the next yard sale. Tired of dusting all this.

Shirley

• brittneysgran
    15 years ago

GREAT NEWS GREAT NEWS

Dianne Gulley drgulley=garden web name, has requested to join the OBF group. I recommend Dianne and can testify she has traded with me and sent her end of the trade. She is also a member of the Traveling Daylily group and a member in good standing. If no one has any objections I will be her big sister and answer any questions that arise. Hopefully she can join April's Christmas swap if she likes.

Shirley

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Welcome to the group Dianne!!!

It's been chilly here too. Having a(VERY)late cup of coffee while enjoying the fireplace. Will be up late tonight!!
    I need to go through all my stuff again & weed out the the unused items.Will donate it all as I'm too far off road for yard sales.

Don't forget tomorrow is last day for signup for Dec's swap!

later...April

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a current update:

Amy-Sent
    Theresa-Sent/Received
    April-Sent
    Jenell-Sent
    Shirley-Sent/Received
    Sue G.
    Remy-Sent
    Melissa-Sent/Received
    Maryanne-Received
    Jeanne-Sent
    Carol-Received
    Margaret-Sent
    Mary Ellen-Sent

WooHoo! I'm on our new computer, finally!!! Carol, we were able to get it from our local phone company/service provider for $125 less than yours. :PPP Our old one was pretty fast-DSL-but this one is even faster. Incredible. BUT, I LOST all of my information, etc. GRRRR...That's what I get for not backing up info, I guess. The phone company does offer back-up, though. Don't know if DH signed up for that.

I spent all day today inside doing school work, etc. Tomorrow we go to Ames and go to a Lorie Line concert with my parents. DH and I went 6 or 7 years ago. It was fanTAStic!!! Gets a person into the holiday spirit. Then I plan to spend overnight with my parents so I can get up and go from there for my pre-surgery appointments. I hope that this will enable me to be able to garden again like a normal person. AND do other things, too, again.

Had some snow flurries today but not enough to stick anywhere. Looking forward to seeing my sister and nephew from Texas this coming week. I wish they didn't live so far away.

That's about all from here. Have a blessed Sunday.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Welcome Dianne! Glad to have you with us.

Mellen, I missed that about the surgery. I hope it goes well for you and that you have a quick recovery.

Theresa

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Just a brief note to welcome Dianne! I hope you enjoy being in our group.
    I got the last of my daffodil bulbs planted and planted some pansies on Friday. Luckily this weekend doesn't seem to be as cold as they had predicted. It's 38 degrees out there now. I still have outside plants in containers that I need to deal with - get them in the ground or into the garage - or at least make a decision if they need to get tossed at this point. I brought many of my pepper plants into the garage but I don't think they will make it. The leaves look pretty bad just from the cold air blowing in when we open the garage door.
    Carol, I'm glad you enjoyed the card. Glad to hear you have a new computer.
    Mellen, good luck with your surgery. Wow, you have a new computer, too. Starting to make me think I'd better do some CD backups on mine!!!
    Shirley, if you get finished with the fall cleaning up there, pay me a visit. I will gladly serve you lunch if you clean up my place. (Okay, just kidding...)
    Have a good week, everyone - and if you are traveling, have a safe trip.
    Jeanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good morning, all.

A SUPER WELCOME to Dianne-drgully. I love that gw name!

Remy, THANK YOU for what you sent me. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would e-mail you, but I no longer have yours or anyone's addresses. :(

Mary Ellen/Mellen

• drgulley
    15 years ago

Hi everyone,

A special thank you to Shirley for the nice comments and also to everyone else for the warm welcome to the group!

I am really looking forward to being part of the group.

Dianne

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

How weird, Maryanne, Carol, Mary Ellen, and I have had to get new computers recently. I hope the bad luck ends there!

Mellen,
    I'll email you so you you have it again. It was perfect, wasn't it? : ) It was serendipity! Don't get to use that word often ,lol.
    I have no clue what a Lorie Line concert is. Lol, I just googled. I see she is a singer.

Jeanne,
    Lucky you! I still have bulbs to plant. This freezing weather put a stop to my bulb planting. I need another warm spell before the year is up.

Shirley,
    Wow you were colder there than here!

Maryanne,
    I'm glad you are getting better. You remind me of the year my brother had his mouth wired shut on Thanksgiving. He broke it playing on the football team. He didn't want to go to our aunt's, but our mother guilted him into it. Well all the idiot relatives kept forgetting about his mouth and kept asking him if he wanted stuff. I of course, as any good sister would, delighted in his misfortune. By the time desserts were being eaten, and having been asked it he would like a piece of pie by most everyone, he was red in the face and making muffled yelling noises, grunting like an animal. Lol, to this day I'm still very amused thinking of this.
    You know I believe all things have a way of working out in the end. You will get the child you are meant to have. : )
    Remy

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Shirley thank you so much for the lovely card and Thanksgiving sentiment.

It's still pretty warm here but we may actually get down below 70 and maybe even a shower on Thanksgiving - that would be nice!

Remy, your card is in the mail, hope you get it by Wednesday.

Sue G.

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

My lovely card fromm Theresa arrived today. Thank you!

My computer keeps turning itself off. Keep you fingers crossed that it behaves! No extra $$ for a new one anytime soon!It's cold & ulgy here today.Took a really long nap,first time in forever. Kids just got off the bus,so I'm off to russle up some snacks.

later...April

• dieg01991
    15 years ago

Hello everyone,
    I received a lovely card from Mary Ellen this weekend. Sorry I didn't post sooner, it's been busy as usual! :-)

Mary Ellen, to answer your questions in your card, I am going to school for my Masters degree in Software Engineering (I think I already posted this on the x-mas forum, sorry for the repeat). I'm going to St. Thomas, which is a private University here in St. Paul. I won't go into the boring details of the classes I'm taking though! I don't want to put everyone to sleep. :-) I think that was it for your questions.

Take care and have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
    Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    15 years ago

Maryanne,
    Thank you for the Thanksgiving card. (Wow, a lot of thanking going on in that sentence!)
    Anyway, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. My husband cooks our turkey and dressing and does a great job of it - so it makes fairly easy for both of us. When I was growing up, we always went out to eat for Thanksgiving and Christmas so I had no clue how to cook a turkey. He likes to eat at home for the holidays and said he knew how to cook one so now he has the job permanently.
    Are the rest of you getting as many Christmas catalogs in your mail as I am? I already have two bags full. I am sure I have even started to get some duplicates by now. Anyway, nice to have a card in the mailbox along with the catalogs and junk mail.
    Jeanne

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good! Lots of updating to do here:
    Amy-Sent/Received
    Theresa-Sent/Received
    April-Sent/Received
    Jenell-Sent
    Shirley-Sent/Received
    Sue G.-Sent/Received
    Remy-Sent
    Melissa-Sent/Received
    Maryanne-Sent/Received
    Jeanne-Sent/Received
    Carol-Received
    Margaret-Sent
    Mary Ellen-Sent/Received

I hope that I have the above correct. Looks like we are just waiting for people to either receive their cards and/or report in.

Amy, Thanks for answering my questions. You have GOT to be very busy!

Margaret, thank you for the beautiful card and for what you wrote. You are such a special person.
    Talk to you all tomorrow.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• hazelnutbunny
    15 years ago

Jeanne~ I WISH I was getting Christmas catalogs! LOL I haven't gotten any yet.....and I'm wondering why? I would love to have something to look through when the baby gets here & I am *hopefully* resting in bed! :O)

It IS hard to believe Thanksgiving is only 2 days away! Wow, this year has FLOWN by! Seems like only yesterday we were celebrating the 4th of July! Goodness gracious.

I hope everyone has a fun & safe holiday! Break out the Tums and enjoy yourselves!! :O)

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Well our plans have changed AGAIN!!!! Brooke woke up with more than the usual amount of sleep in her eyes.Wasn't too concerned. While at Brett's Thanksgiving program more showed up.Not normal! Took her to the Dr. She has pinkeye!Very contagious(later....April

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

Mellen,
    Melissa did receive my card awhile ago.

April,
    So sorry to hear about Brooke and the pink eye : ( I can't imagine more last minute shoppers being out tomorrow after all that I've seen in the last few days!
    I guess my favorite Thanksgiving cartoon won't be appropriate for you, but for those spending it with lots of family, here it is...

Hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving,
    Remy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Remy~ I love that cartoon. If we were haveing dinner with HIS family that would be the PERFECT stuffing!LOL!!!

My turkey is on the smoker & I'm off to bed!Hope everyone has a great holiday. To those that are traveling,you're safe....I'm not driving anywhere! LOL!!! Please be careful!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!
    ~April~

• sguanzon
    15 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

It is pouring rain here for which we are most thankful!

Haven't had rain since August 31st.......

Sue G.

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wishing you all a blessed Thanksgiving! I am thankful for all of you.
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello, I am home now after spending Thanksgiving Day and today with my parents and my sis and nephew from TX. Had a WONderful time!

I think it looks as though everyone sent out their cards. I have not heard if everyone received them, but I am assuming so. If you did NOT receive your card, please let me know. I think I will call this card exchange now CLOSED! Thank you all for being such good friends. I am thankful for ALL of you.
    Blessings,
    Mary Ellen/Mellen

• remy_gw
    15 years ago

I received my card from Sue today. Thank you!
    I also had a happy Thanksgiving. It was loud with the nephews(six ages 3-11,) but we had fun.
    Remy

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Lovely Ladies-Yes, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving & I did receive my card from Carol. Thanks so much, Carol. I loved the picture on the front of it. I have really enjoyed this RR& thanks to you Mary Ellen for hosting. It has been delightful getting to know each of you better through the posts. Blessings to each of you,Margaret

• mellen
    Original Author
    15 years ago

A bit of updating to do here:
    Amy-Sent/Received
    Theresa-Sent/Received
    April-Sent/Received
    Jenell-Sent
    Shirley-Sent/Received
    Sue G.-Sent/Received
    Remy-Sent/Received
    Melissa-Sent/Received
    Maryanne-Sent/Received
    Jeanne-Sent/Received
    Carol-Sent/Received
    Margaret-Sent/Received
    Mary Ellen-Sent/Received

We are having quite the snow event here today. Probably
    3-4 incheson the ground. It is very pretty as long as we don't have to be out in it.

I'm hoping that Jenell received her card from April as I know that April sent it.
    Have a super week!
    Mary Ellen