Vina/flowergirl34~~Fruit Cake **KATHY** (REC'D)color>

Kamil/kamiljablo~~Apple Pie **LINDA**

Annie/canyonwind~~Peanut Brittle **CAROL** (SENT)color>

Scarlett/scarlettseraph~~Fruit Salad **KAMIL**

Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **SCARLETT**

Okay....topic for discussion:

8 days of chocolate swap for December!

Now...discuss amongst yourselves...

*personally, I think we should have a "8 days of chocolate and coffee/tea" swap* :D

Comments (85)

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh Joan~ You KNOW I don't mind a bit! You just take care of yourself! That's all that matters!

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Melissa and Dan, my apologies. I actually have the stuff ready to go, but I have a shipping issue. We only get paid once a month, usually on the last working day of the month, but in the past for Thanksgiving and Christmas they have paid us on the Friday we left for the holidays. I have been planning for forever to get paid today; unfortunately, they just told us a few days ago that they are holding our checks until the actual last working day of the month, which is the 30th. Hubby gets paid next Friday, so it will be a few more days before I can send. I am sorry, but it was something that I did not know to plan for when I signed up. I promise to make it worth waiting for, Dan.

Christan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

as long as the box is still growling when Dan gets it, Christan..."G"

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

does anyone have Joan's addy so I don't have to bother her, poor thing!..."handing Joan a big cup of hot tea and some crackers"

• veeja11
    14 years ago

I received a great box from Annie, daffodils, garden gloves 2 blue markers, shore breeze jar candle, baggie with nail file, chapstick, titania beauty care for hands and feet and avon foot care, big daylily clump, green tomato salsa, seeds tomato's radishes and squash and a pr of christmas flip flop earrings, here in the seattle we wear flip flops year around just with socks in the winter. I also mailed my box to Heidi finally today. thankyou so much for my box Annie, hope I didn't miss anything. thankyou hugs carol

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Since almost everyone has swapped I went ahead and posted for December... go sign up!! Linda, Im emailing you Joan's address. Let me know if you dont get it.
    ~Laura

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

thanks so much Laura!!

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

I'm up! My fever finally broke last night and I'm actually drinking coffee this morning! Hope all are well and enjoying their Saturday.

Joan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Joan, your box is mailed! Your confirmation number is...#0308 2690 0001 2317 2240...Glad you're feeling better!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Melissa/hazelnutbunny~~Angel Food Cake **CHRISTAN** (REC'D)color>
    Becky/proudgm~~Sugar Cookies **LAURA** (REC'D)color>
    Heidi/hdiperna~~Pecan Pie **IRIS** (REC'D)color>
    Linda/lindaruzicka~~Pumpkin Pie **JOAN** (SENT)color>
    Kathy/catrionaa~~Chocolate Fudge **VINA** (REC'D)color>
    Christan/georgia_teacher~~Peach Cobbler **DAN**
    Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie **MELISSA**
    Iris/rane_grow~~Banana Puddin' **BECKY** (REC'D)color>
    Laura/lilangel181~~Tunnel of Fudge cake **ANNIE** (REC'D)color>
    Carol/veeja11~~Divinity **HEIDI** (SENT)color>
    Annie/canyonwind~~Peanut Brittle **CAROL** (REC'D)color>
    Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **LINDA**

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Linda, I've got your box packed and ready to be shipped out in the morning...hehehe.

Oh, by the way, he may be a little dehydrated when he arrives, so have some eggnog ready, willya?

Peace.
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

could be scary...."getting out poking stick"

• veeja11
    14 years ago

Annie also sent german chocolate coffee and a dish towel, been awhile since I got one in a box and I love to receive them. thankyou miss Annie. had the coffee this morning it was great. thankyou for such a great box. hugs carol

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hi all
    I just received a great box from carol. Thank you so much. I am having a grumpy day and this is just what I needed to lighten my mood. Here is my box...

earring tree with 3 pairs of earrings
    notebook that is green with purple and white flowers
    2 pack journal notebooks
    Red picture frame with silver snowflake
    Pumpkin Spice wax disk set (going to get this burning ASAP)
    3x5 picture frame
    Liquor filled chocolate (going to eat these later)
    ok I lied I just ate one...mmmmm
    I got bath stuff...cranberry& pear shower gel, bar of green soap, Cranberry & pear bath fizz and Cranberry & pear bath salts. Last there is a ceramic bird house. It will look nice among my house plants. Oh and there were seeds...spiderwort, ornamental onion. Giant Sunflowers, Giant Poppy, and Zinnia, and 2 Packs of Daylilly seeds~ Hello Dolly x Purity and Creole Cavalier x exotic treasure.
    I can't wait to see the blooms.

Thanks again Carol. This box is just what I needed today!!
    Heidi

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Linda, I just sent out your box. I have a dc#, but it's out in the car, so I'll post it later. I will warn you though that there are some cuttings from a night-blooming cereus in the box. Go ahead and do some research online about growing them before the box arrives. They are also called "Queen of the Night". Brandy gave me a plant a few weeks ago, and George (that's its name) is taking over the office, so I thought I'd share him with you. ((GRIN))

• sassybutterfly_2008
    14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've gone MIA. We had a recent death in the family (my uncle) from cancer and I had another uncle that just underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor. It was a success thank God, and he's home healing now. Then another close person to our family was given 1-3wks left to live and is now in hospice... so it has been a month of up and downs for us. But we plan to get together this week over Thanksgiving and give thanks to our health and prayers for those that need it.

Thanks to Laura for helping out with the December swap. I'm not sure how I got October and then December!

I hope everyone's doing great and is looking forward to a great Thanksgiving week. I will still be 'off' GW for a bit, but if anyone needs me feel free to email me.

Hugs to everyone!
    Wendy / sassyb...

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wendy~ Great to hear from you! So sorry to hear about everything going on...I understand how you feel in that department! I hope things go better for you soon. *hug*

Carol & Annie~ That coffee sounds YUMMY! I finally get to have coffee again...we're testing the theory that caffeine will help with my migraines. (I know..back & forth..back & forth...LOL!)

We are almost finished with this swap! Yay!
    Just waiting on 2 boxes, and we'll be good to go. :O)

Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie **MELISSA**
    Carol/veeja11~~Divinity **HEIDI** (REC'D)color>
    Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **LINDA** (SENT)color>

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

It feels like I've been gone a month! FINALLY, able to go to town today and do grocery shopping for my son coming home for Thanksgiving. Sad that my daughter, her hubby, and my little grandson won't be here but I know it's very important for him to see his only living great grandfather in St. Louis and I had them for Halloween. I'm praying for my family as well as all of my friends here on MNF who are traveling this week to have safe trips to & from! Yoo Hoo! Melissa, your box went out today and again I'm sorry for being late as well as..... when I started packing that box, it got mighty cramped! Some things may be a little squished and wrinkled, but I only had the one box and was determined to get it all in and out today. Hope the little ones like the "happies" I sent them too! It's not a lot, but there were a lot of prayers and love in there for all of you! :) I didn't touch ANYTHING while I was sick and running fever, and had not run a temp since Friday night, so packing it today should have been safe, I pray.
    Conf# 0309 0330 0000 9663 1658
    Found out today that one of my ELEMENTARY school buddies had a heart attack today and is in intensive care. He, like myself, is only 47. Yeah, I know, some of you think that's old, but believe me, give yourself a few years, and you'll realize that's truly NOT OLD!
    Anyway, myself & hubby may both be unemployed, but there's ALOT worse out there that could be happening! So, this Thanksgiving, I'm thankful that myself, all my family, and friends, including my GW friends are all HEALTHY & SAFE!

Joan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Joan, I'm sure it's FINE. You know, I was reading the other day about packages that *might* be contaminated with the flu & other bugs, and they suggested that you bag/box up any mail or packages you receive for 12 hours (quarantine them, I guess you could say!), and after THAT, open them up. Flu bugs don't survive longer than 12 hours, so it should be OK.
    The question actually came from a lady who was afraid her mailman had sneezed on her mail! (DAN!! How could you?!) LOL

Anyway, I"m glad you're feeling better! I hope that Thanksgiving is great for you.

Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie **MELISSA** (SENT)color>
    Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **LINDA** (SENT)color>

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

all I'm going to say is that it's a natural body function, and I'm leaving it at that!

***looking innocent***

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Linda, I hope you've done your research on the night-blooming cereus! According to the postal system, it may arrive today! Here's the number which I keep forgetting!... 03083390000190900562

Peace.
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

actually Dan, I pulled up some great info on it. Has yours ever bloomed? It says it can take up to three years for the first bloom....AND I think I hear the mail truck down the road...should be here in about 20 mintues..."getting out poke stick"....

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

GROOOSSSS, Dan!
    So that's why my packages are all sticky when they get here?
    Ewwwww.....

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Awwww, Linda! I found my package yesterday morning. The mail lady had left it Monday and what with bringing groceries in, etc, I didn't even notice. It's simply wonderful! Trying to find some batteries for my camera and I'll be back to post later. :)

Joan

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

according to my research, they bloom once a year. George has some buds on him when Brandy gave him to me, and then he bloomed about a week later. even when he's not blooming, he's growing like crazy. I just can't figure out where the stems are, and where the leaves are on this plant, they seem to grow out of one another with no rhyme or reason. it's a cool looking plant though

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

okay, I seem to be one lucky girl this month...I received TWO boxes! Must of been good or something...

This is what was in Kamil's box:
    A peanut butter tastekake...it's totally gone, had it for breakfast
    a cute snowman ornament, bubble envelopes (I always need these), A pretty Fall T-towel, Betty Cocker chip cookie mix (hidden in my cupboard away from the brat), cranberry sauce (I didn't have any of this), stove top stuffing,brownie mix (I'm out!), 2 pear scented candles w/holders (yummy), Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Potpourri Spray (this smells awesome), Baskin & Robins' hard candy (crunching one now),ornament place card holders (these are really cute), mambo fruit chews (another thing to hide) 2 beaded pumpkins (sparkly!), mixed tulip bulbs (I can pop them in this weekend before the weather changes), herbal tea, a pretty friend bookmark and a 14" girl nutcracker that is absolutely adorable!

Great box Kamil! I really appreciate it, thank you so much! ((HUG))

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

Box #2

Now I always approach Dan's boxes carefully because you just never know..."L" I must admit I laughed the whole way through opening the box

First of all there was a set of turkey lifters, all I can say is that he must've been peering over my shoulder last year when I tried to take the turkey out with two forks (don't try it),
    There are starts of the Queen of Night plants, I'm anxious to see if I can grow this!
    a box of black cherry and plum scented candles (wonderful scent), punching balls with a note that said "tension relievers", hand sanitizer and apple hand soap with a "stay healthy" note on it, cashews "for when I'm going nuts" (they're gone already), stuffing with a note that said "my secret recipe", erasers shaped like Christmas ornaments that are too cute to use, treasure box with the following seeds in: cowpeas, blk dragon coleus, straight 8 cukes, palo verda tree, green envy zinna, dill, dragon tongue wax beans, a honeycomb turkey centerpiece in case I needed more turkey, rubber grip pens (I love these things, they never hurt my hands)

AND a velveeta cheese box...filled full of bite size chocolate bars! These are hidden in my desk drawer so I can eat them all by myself!

I really enjoyed this box Dan, it had me laughing! Thank you so much...((HUG))

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, Linda...! You TOTALLY fooled those 2 into thinking you'd been good this year, huh? :P

Thank you to Dan AND Kamil for making Linda's day special! You fellers are great! *squish*

CHRISTAN~ Did you get Dan's box mailed today? I saw you posted on the other thread that you intended to send it off today...just wondering! :o)

Linda/lindaruzicka~~Pumpkin Pie **JOAN** (REC'D)color>
    Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie **MELISSA** (SENT)color>
    Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **LINDA** (REC'D)color>

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Linda, I'm glad you liked your box! When I thought of putting those chocolates in the velveeta box I couldn't quit laughing! And, as for those turkey lifters, well, I remember you "talking" about your adventures with the forks last year... glad I could help!

Peace.
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

well, the forks weren't realllly a good idea!.."L'

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Sorry. Here's the DC for Dan's box: 0309 2880 0000 8338 7029. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Christan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, Daddy always said "Good things are worth waiting for".....And he was right!
    I received a GREAT box from Joan today! She definitely made it worth waiting for. :O)

And just in time, too...because I have had a REALLY rotten day. This improved it tremendously!
    She sent:

~Hot chocolate & Hot cider mixes (I've never seen hot cider mixes before!)
    ~Marshmallow reindeer treats (the kids are eating these as I type...guess they didn't get enough leftover pie for breakfast! LOL!)
    ~Pomegranate scented candle- smells YUMMY!
    ~Pink hat & gloves (Oh, how I NEEDED these!!)
    ~Penguin straws- CUTE!
    ~Reindeer antler headbands (I'm wearing one now!)
    ~2 Kitchen towels with fall colors
    ~Brown sugar & fig lotion
    ~Variety box of herbal fruit tea (I'll have some later, before nap time!)
    ~A cranberry star Christmas ornament
    ~Plant stake "God bless our home"
    ~2 pair pink cozy socks (I LOVE these! How did you know I am ALWAYS cold?)
    ~Hershey's Kisses cherry cordial creme candies- YUMMMMY!
    ~Holiday candy rings (kids are debating over who gets the penguin!! LOL!)
    ~Lindt chocolate truffles! (hiding these AND the kisses from the kiddos....and hubby! LOL!)

Joan, THANK YOU so much for everything! I really enjoyed this box...the kids really enjoyed this box, too! Thank you for including them! I really appreciate that. :O)

Now....does anyone know how to knit? I need a scarf to go with the hat & gloves...! :D

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for letting us know, Christan!

Linda/lindaruzicka~~Pumpkin Pie **JOAN** (REC'D)color>
    Christan/georgia_teacher~~Peach Cobbler **DAN** (SENT)color>
    Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie **MELISSA** (REC'D)color>
    Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **LINDA** (REC'D)color>

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I crochet..I'll see what I can do.."S"

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Oh Man, if Linda is going to crochet you a scarf, you are gonna love it! Last year she sent me one to keep my neck warm while I was delivering the mail, and it was soft, it was beautiful, and it was WARM!!! People at the office asked me where it came from, and when I told them, they sure were jealous! Every time I put it on, it gave me warm fuzzies knowing Linda had made it just for me.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Joe and I got out into the BF shopping this evening, and it was still nuts, but fun. Here's to a 4-DAY weekend!!! Yahoo!!

Peace.
    -Dan

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Ok, I've TORN the house apart, and cannot find batteries! Argh!!!!!! I'm gonna try to make words convey how great my package from Linda was, but it's gonna be hard!
    Peanut butter Tasty Kakes (Never even seen them before, but boy,..mumbling thru crumbs.. they sure are good!)
    the prettiest leaf candleholder
    clear candle votive with the yummiest spice smelling candle
    cute little turkey shelfsitter
    Garden of Weedin sign
    Autumn Greetings sign - these are so cute!
    BEAUTIFUL handmade note cards with little flowers & jewels!
    GORGEOUS blue scarf - you MADE this Linda? If so, you truly are talented! - It's soft as a kitty's fur! Can't wait to wear!
    And seeds:
    Bush Blue Lake Beans
    Serrano Chili peppers
    brandywine tomatoes
    sugar baby watermelon
    black giant tomatoes
    georgia collards
    ornamental gourds
    red acre cabbage
    zucchino courgette - Tondo Di Toscona
    straight 8 cucumbers

It was all just wonderful Linda!!! Thank you soooooo very much for making my Thanksgiving so very special!!

Joan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

yep Joan, I made the scarf..if you don't like the tassles, you can unknot them and take them off. If you like them you may want to add an extra knot to them...forgot to tell you that!.."L" I'm happy you like everything. My ambition is to have every partner I have to wake up their taste buds to assorted tastekakes!.."L'

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oooh, Linda makes scarves?! I'll bet they ARE soft as kitten's fur, then! :O)
    *side note here* You know...I have NEVER in my life owned a scarf! Always thought one would be nice, but growing up in the sticks...it was always seen as a "city" kinda thing. LOL!

Wow, Dan...You ARE brave! I wouldn't even want to tackle the online crowds! LOL! I hope you found some good deals, I know there were plenty out there.

That sounds like a GREAT box, Joan & Linda, BTW! :D

I hope everyone has/had a great weekend!

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Linda, I have a friend in the Philly area, and she turned me on to Tastee Kakes last year. They are so yummy! My boys like the peanut butter Candy Kakes. I'm not picky. I like all the flavors I have tried. :P

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Christan, I'm with you. Those tastykakes are might tasty, all of them! After Linda got to talking so much about them last spring, I ordered a box of them to try out, and I've been wishing there was an outlet here in Michigan ever since.

Now, this is for all of you who knew me last year. Tomorrow, November 30th, is the 1st anniversary of the accident which took Paula away from me. It's been an extremely rough year, but you've all been a great help in getting me through it all. You've put up with a lot, encouraging me and providing some big shoulders to lean on the whole way. The Day started looming in my mind even more a little over a month ago, driving me to distraction and a lot of mood swings, as Linda can attest to. I was thinking that I'd be a complete basket-case by this time, but I'm doing okay. I've been listening to a lot of music today, wrapping Christmas gifts, making out cards for Kym's Secret Santa Seed Swap, and just generally quietly enjoying the day. Anyway, knowing all of you wonderful people and how much you care, I just wanted to let you know I'm okay. It's kind of funny, in an ironic sort of way, that the one song that's helped the most today is by Savage Garden. Savage Garden also did the song "Truly Madly Deeply", which was the theme song for Paula and myself. I guess it's kind of fitting that today I find myself turning to the same group, and their song "Crash and Burn". It says a lot about the friendships I've found here in the threads of the GW, and about the relationship I was lucky enough to have with Paula.

here are the lyrics...

"Crash And Burn"

When you feel all alone
    And the world has turned its back on you
    Give me a moment please to tame your wild wild heart
    I know you feel like the walls are closing in on you
    It's hard to find relief and people can be so cold
    When darkness is upon your door and you feel like you can't take anymore

Let me be the one you call
    If you jump I'll break your fall
    Lift you up and fly away with you into the night
    If you need to fall apart
    I can mend a broken heart
    If you need to crash then crash and burn
    You're not alone

When you feel all alone
    And a loyal friend is hard to find
    You're caught in a one way street
    With the monsters in your head
    When hopes and dreams are far away and
    You feel like you can't face the day

You're not alone

'Cause there has always been heartache and pain
    And when it's over you'll breathe again
    You'll breath again

When you feel all alone
    And the world has turned its back on you
    Give me a moment please
    To tame your wild wild heart

You're not alone

Everyone Have A Good Week
    Peace.
    -Dan

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Christan's box was in Grand Rapids last night, so I may get it today!!! Yippee!!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Dan~ We were there for you THEN, and you know we're here for you NOW....cuz we luv ya. :O)
    Even if you are too ornery for yer britches some times...!
    *squish*

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

britches? who wears britches??? (I love getting squished!)

My box from Christan arrived today, which really helped make this a happy day! When we were talking a bit ago, we talked a bit about my Halloween garden, and Christan sent seeds and bulbs for it, including black tulips, which are going to look great! I'm gonna have to get out the snow shovel to plant them (it's snowing now), but I think they'll be just fine. In the box there was also a great-looking deep red kitchen towel, 2 packages of peat pots, a Georgia Bulldogs ruler, a vampire-shaped chalice full of candy, and 4(!!!) gargoyles for the garden! They're gonna look great sitting on the book shelf until Spring, and then they'll scare the kids out of my garden once I put them outside. ((insert evil laugh... muhahahahahaha!!!))
    Christan, this box was fantastic, and it arrived just at the right time! THANK YOU!!!

And now, it's bedtime for Bonzo. I'm exhausted from all the mail we had to deliver today... (((yawn)))

G'nite Everyone!
    -Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Alrighty then! Great box, Dan! And great timing too! :O)

And THAT, folks, wraps up this month's swap!

Thank you ALL for playing!

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Dan, I had no idea about the date. I am so glad that it arrived yesterday then. Sorry about the Dawgs ruler, but everytime I send something to someone out of state, they must be made party to my obsession. :P I wasn't sure if "Superstition" and "Dangerous Mood" qualified as scary or not, but I saw you liked irises too, so I figured they'd find a home somewhere. Maybe you can winter sow the giant black hollyhocks for the spring.

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Wonderful box Dan and Christan.............

Thanks again Melissa for a very fun swap!!!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Thanks Melissa for a wonderful swap!
    vina

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for hosting, and thanks to Dan for being such an understanding swap partner.

• Kathy Bull
    14 years ago

This swap was a lot of fun. Looks like everyone received really nice boxes full of goodies. Many thanks to Melissa for hosting it and doing a wonderful job!

~Kathy