Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flowergirl34_gw

2012 Make New Friends (MNF's) Schedule in Need of Hosts

flowergirl34
12 years ago

Hey everyone!

November is here and before we know it Christmas too. I figured we better start getting our ducks in a row for next year.

This is to set up a tentative schedule for the Make New Friends Trade Group. Everyone and anyone is welcome to take a spot at hosting. Just pleas try to commit to your month you choose.

You don't have to have a theme for your month before you pick one. You can come up with something later. And if you want to sign up for more than one that's okay too.

January:

February: flowergirl34

March:

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October:

November:

December:

If you've never hosted before and thought it would be fun to try...then we are for you!! There is always someone here to help. And we're just a nice bunch of folks :)

Also, thank you to everyone who will take a month!!!! :D

THANKS!

vina

Comments (27)

• poisondartfrog
    12 years ago

October for me, please.
    I can't believe Halloween is over already.
    Alana

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

I'll bite! Here's an update...

This is to set up a tentative schedule for the Make New Friends Trade Group. Everyone and anyone is welcome to take a spot at hosting. Just pleas try to commit to your month you choose.

You don't have to have a theme for your month before you pick one. You can come up with something later. And if you want to sign up for more than one that's okay too.

January:

March: dan_the_mailman / March Madness

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

October: poisondartfrog

November:

December:

If you've never hosted before and thought it would be fun to try...then we are for you!! There is always someone here to help. And we're just a nice bunch of folks :)

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

I'll take January! I will have just finished up the Winter Sowing Swap by the mid to end of December. So I can roll right into January just fine.

So here's the latest update:

January: Sassybutterfly_2008 / Wendy "Let us sow.. Let us sow... Let us sow..."

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

December:

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you to everyone who's signed up.

I agree Alana! I can't believe Halloween is over already! I seem to be in some kind of hyperdrive lately...with no off-ramp.

I received a couple of emails from people wanting to take months. I emailed you back stating you only need to sign up here. :D Thanks so much for your emails though, and signing up to be a 'new friend'.

Your all wonderful!

Happy Sunday!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

I'll take December! :)

April:

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

December: hazelnutbunny~ The Chocolate Swap

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

HI. I'd like April, please.

April: tl.graham

May:

June:

July:

August:

September:

November:

• elliesfun
    12 years ago

Please put me down for September - Autumn's Favorites

Thank you.

Ellie

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

May:

June:

July:

August:

September: Ellie farmergirl2009 ~~ Autumn's Favorites

November:

Only 5 more months to go :D

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

***bump***:D

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

I'll take November also!

May:

June:

July:

August:

November: tl.graham

Only 4 more months to go :D

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm taking August too :)

May:

June:

July:

August: flowergirl34

Woo hoo!!! Only 3 more to go...

vina

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

i'll take may :) and i'm still doing dec this year, right?

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sounds good Rose and THANKS!! :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

May: rosemctier

June:

July:

And then there were two :0)...

• rosemctier
    12 years ago

i'll be backup for july if no one else takes it

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Rose, July is yours :) Thanks so much!

And I guess I'll take June. It was so sad being the last one and all :)

June: flowergirl34

July: rosemctier

So there you have it!

Thank you everyone who took a month! :) Very much appreciated!!

Have a terrific holiday season!
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

flowergirl34/Vina,

Do you want me to take one of the hosting months since you're signed up for 3 - Feb, June & August? I'm new to swapping & this group as well, but have a willing heart to learn.

I realize it's not suppose to be very complicated, so just want to know what it entails, so if I do it -- make sure I can fulfill expectations.

Is MNF a partner swap usually or what have you decided?
    What month do you swap seeds? Plants? Bulbs?
    What type of games?
    How long to allow for sign ups & how often to post things about them?

Corrine

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Someone can take March if they'd like, I won't be able to host that month.
    -Dan

March:

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Corrine ~ I'll be happy to act as co-host for your first hosting job if you'd like. Just email me and let me know. :) You could take March now as it looks like it's open or wait on Vina's reply.

~Wendy

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi everyone!

Corrine, thank you so much for wanting to host! I'm sure you'll do a great job! And Wendy is a terrific co-hoster to help you with any questions. You can take March if you'd like, since Dan can't do it.

The schedule that we make is tentative. And usually changes 3 or 4 times by the end of the year, so you may have more than one opportunity to host this year :0)

March:

Happy New Year! and THANKS AGAIN TO ALL THE HOSTERS! :)
    vina

• oliveoyl3
    12 years ago

Wendy,

Sounds terrific to work together for March & you can tell me what I should do. I follow directions well.

I'll email you later.

Corrine

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Thanks for co-hosting March you two. I'd forgotten all about volunteering to host that month, and over-extended myself. I'm taking next week off from work to get some of it all finished up.

-Dan (just trying to keep my head above water...)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    12 years ago

just bumping this up so it doesn't get lost :)

March: Corrine1/sassyb co-hosting :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

bumpity bump bump :)

• flowergirl34
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey all!
    Rose emailed me that she can't take July. Does anyone want to host?

THANKS!
    vina

March: Corrine1/sassyb co-hosting :)

July:

• sjc48
    11 years ago

Vina, I'll take it, will post the swap sometime today!
    Shirley!

• tansy_mi_zn5
    11 years ago

how does this work?