Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hazelnutbunny

UPDATE: MnF *Defrosted Turkeys* Continuing dessert!!

hazelnutbunny
14 years ago

Okay, we're just waiting for Scarlett & Dan to make their choices!

**I have added Dan to our list of swappers, since he is no longer contagious. (well, I hope not, anyway!)

Melissa/hazelnutbunny

Becky/proudgm~~Sugar Cookies

Heidi/hdiperna~~Pecan Pie

Linda/lindaruzicka~~Pumpkin Pie

Kathy/catrionaa~~Chocolate Fudge

Christan/georgia_teacher~~Peach Cobbler

Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie

Iris/rane_grow~~Banana Puddin'

Laura/lilangel181~~Tunnel of Fudge cake

Carol/veeja11~~Divinity

Vina/flowergirl34~~Fruit Cake

Kamil/kamiljablo~~Apple Pie

Annie/canyonwind~~Peanut Brittle

Scarlett/scarlettseraph

Dan/dan_the_mailman

That leaves these choices~~

Dessert menu:

Truffles

Fruit Salad

Angel Food Cake

Comments (147)

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Yooouuu Hoooo, Annie! You should thank the 'kids' for being fairly good for their shots today, your box is flying! DC#0309 1140 0001 2295 8557. I found out that Rufus is a whopping 15.6 pounds, compared to Zoe's dainty 8.4, and otherwise both are healthy. Its diet time for him, though!!

Rufus (Orange) and Zoe (Grey) in May.

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Laura your confirmation # is 0308 2690 0001 9960 4775
    Becky

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

I love donuts. I craved jelly donuts with my oldest...I hesitate to admit it, but I once ate six in one sitting when I was about seven months pregnant with him. :O I am going to concur that we must spare the fried deliciousness. There are plenty of other things to fling...Annie, where is that liver and onions?

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow, Laura! Your Rufus weighs more than my 10 month old daughter! LOL! That's a big kitty! :D

Glad to see more boxes flying! Yay!

Melissa/hazelnutbunny~~Angel Food Cake **CHRISTAN** (SENT)color>
    Becky/proudgm~~Sugar Cookies **LAURA** (SENT)color>
    Heidi/hdiperna~~Pecan Pie **IRIS** (SENT)color>
    Linda/lindaruzicka~~Pumpkin Pie **JOAN**
    Kathy/catrionaa~~Chocolate Fudge **VINA** (SENT)color>
    Christan/georgia_teacher~~Peach Cobbler **DAN**
    Joan/ejmoore510~~Sweet Tater Pie **MELISSA**
    Iris/rane_grow~~Banana Puddin' **BECKY**
    Laura/lilangel181~~Tunnel of Fudge cake **ANNIE** (SENT)color>
    Carol/veeja11~~Divinity **HEIDI**
    Vina/flowergirl34~~Fruit Cake **KATHY** (REC'D)color>
    Kamil/kamiljablo~~Apple Pie **LINDA**
    Annie/canyonwind~~Peanut Brittle **CAROL**
    Scarlett/scarlettseraph~~Fruit Salad **KAMIL**
    Dan/dan_the_mailman~~Truffles **SCARLETT**

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

No jelly donuts for me.......not my cup of tea!

As far as the liver n onions n bacon.....I would not dare throw that around....it is to darn tasty..............and besides there is not any left. It all went in to my Bohemian belly! So good!

Headed out for some bar hopping...Cheers!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

BIG HUGE PPPPHHHHHHEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!
    Kathy,
    I have been so nervous about you getting a big wine stinky,wet box full of mush. Whenever I ship glass I get so nervous its going to get broken...being drop kicked off a truck or something?

I am so glad you are enjoying it. I have a pair of those clippers and for being so light they work awesome! And I'm glad you like the cookbook! I love to try new recipes. And I must admit that since I have been "round robining" it, whenever I find something I like I usually buy 2 or more of things...just for a box later on! I think my favorite part is the packing up and sending the boxes.

EEEWWWWW! Liver and onions...I don't know how I missed that post earlier...YES! Lets throw that...sorry, Annie, but that gives me the heebeegeebee's.

Have a great day everyone!
    vina

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Dan, very cute pictures of your kitties! I have that same printer and its a big hit with Zoe. Also, Im amazed that folding table didnt collapse under the weight of the two of them, how big are they?

*Tosses the liver but saves the bacon and onions for a snack*
    ~Laura

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I hope everyone is having a terrific Wednesday!
    It's cold, cloudy & BLAH here....so I decided it'd be the perfect time to bake a Hershey's chocolate syrup cake! Yummy! :O) That's in the oven right now....and when it comes out, I'll whip up the frosting.....brew a pot of decaf coffee (ugh..decaf...) and settle down with a good book. Something I haven't done in quiet a while, what with helping all the kiddos with their homeschool stuff. BUT, that's all done for today (YAY!), so I can relax a bit this afternoon.
    I hope.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Hi all
    Hope everyone had a good start to their Thursday morning. I am drinking tea to help my sore throat. I WANT MY COFFEE!!

Some boxes should be arriving today...I can't wait to hear what's inside!

Later
    *flinging used tea bags across the room*

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Hi All!
    I just, just now received my box from Kathy.
    The first question is...where did you get the box? I think this is the box I sent out in the Fall Swap I was in...it still has my handwriting and stickers on it. Too funny!

Opening.....
    A lovely card for Thanksgiving on top.
    Inside 2 beautiful post cards of San Antonio...the river walk looks gorgeous!! (Side note, that is such a fabulous idea to put post cards in your box of area photos from where you live):0)

There are ALOT! of baggies in the box all named...

Keep Me Warm Bag: 1 Pair of Hot pink fuzzy socks...with***hold your breathe***the cutest turtles on them! I LOVE TURTLES!!

Compliments of the State Tree of Texas Bag: Texas Star Pecan Halves **yummy!**

MMMMMMMMMMMM Bag: **as I'm munching on one***Chocolate Turtles **double yummy!***

Seeds from My Garden To Yours Bag:
    4 O'clocks Hot Pink
    Purple Fountain Grass
    Ruella Pink
    HOT Chili Piquin
    Rock Rose
    Ornamental Pepper

I Saw This On Your Wish List Bag:
    Cherubs Smile Bearded Iris ****Holy Cow!! Do I LOVE this box!**

Just for Laughs or the Junior Gardner Bag:
    Turtle Flashlight...complete with batteries :0)...My daughter will be snatching this up as soon as she gets out of school! Thank you so much!

Something To Soothe Those Tired Hands After A Busy Day In the Garden Bag:
    Burt's Bees Almond Milk Hand Creme

For the Garden Kitties Bag** Nice pics of Apple and Kiwi on the bag**:0):
    9 Lives Cat Toy

For Those Cold Winter Nights Bag:
    Swiss Miss Dark Chocolate Sensation Hot Cocoa***yummy to the 10th power**

Bubblewrap Wrap:
    Mainstays Pumkin Spice Candle...Holy Moly does that smell good!

NO...we are not done yet....
    A Beautiful Fall Hand Towel
    Adorable Shelf Sitter Scarecrow W/ a Turtle on his Hat
    Red and Green Fabric Turtle...I'm going to put a magnet on the back for the fridge...he is too cute!
    GROW ANIMALS Sea Turtle...my daughter will love.
    Recipe Cards
    Fall Shopping List Pad
    Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate and Rasberry Candy Bar...which I will have to hide from the Choco hounds in this house!

And last but certainly not least.........
    2 different kinds of bags too.....

STUFF MY TURKEY!

Kathy you have out done yourself and I can't thank you enough for your kindness and generousness with your box!

Everything is so wonderful and it must have taken you so long to individually wrap everything and label it.

Thank you again!!
    vina

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, ya'll. I need some dessert recipes! I have to take dessert over to my in-laws for Turkey day....and I don't like pumpkin pie (plus they'll probably already have some of the store-bought variety)...I love pecan pie, but they'll have that, too.
    So what do they want me to bring? I have no idea. :P
    But, I do know that there are going to be lots of kiddos there (at least 12, possibly more) so something that is kid friendly would be good.
    I'm all out of ideas....I'm tired of making the same stuff over and over again. I've made chocolate cheesecake, surprise bar cookies, different varieties of fudge & truffles, chocolate walnut pie, chocolate pecan pie, pumpkin bread, banana bread......
    I've been doing this for 12 years now, so I"m running short on ideas!

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

brownies?..cupcakes?...easy and kid friendly!

Great box kathy!!

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

What a great box!! I just bought the cherubs smile bearded iris this fall. What a great addition to the garden.

Desserts~ I agree with brownies. Chocolate chip cookies are always a hit. I have a recipe that you add vanilla pudding. Put your kids to work spooning the batter onto the tray :o) Pumpkin cookies with brown sugar icing, chocolate brownies with peanut butter topping, Rice Crispy Squares...If you don't like these let me know and I will come up with more

Heidi

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great box, Vina & Kathy!! Like I said, you can never go wrong with CHOCOLATE! :D

Desserts~ I guess I just try to make everything too complicated! LOL (hubby is always telling me that, but I never listen!) I just like to be different, and the thought of simple "kid" goodies never crossed my mind. DUH. But I do like the rice krispie treat idea. Of course, that's assuming I can actually make a batch and not eat it before it leaves the house! :o)

Melissa/hazelnutbunny~~Angel Food Cake **CHRISTAN** (SENT)color>
    Kathy/catrionaa~~Chocolate Fudge **VINA** (REC'D)color>

Has anyone heard from Kamil or Scarlett lately?? Neither have checked in for quite a while......

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

My aunt makes a VERY yummy dessert that I dont have the exact recipe to, but it involves a layer of icecream bars on the bottom, yummy icecream spread in the middle (like Heath or mint choco-chip), a layer of crushed candy bars or nuts, and some whipped cream on top. just keep it in the freezer untill its time to serve it and, at least in my family, theres nothing left to take home later! Actually... I wish shed make that all the time and not just special occasions!

Hope that helps,
    ~Laura

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

I got a package. I got a package!!! Let's see...

I got a precious mug with a "Gardeing Girl" on it, a copy of Martha Stewart Living and Garden Design magazines (something to read while I wait downstairs to go onstage), a package of "Beauty in Pink" breast cancer awareness tulips (pretty!), a gardening tote, a HUGE assortment of herbal/spice teas, floral sticky notes, a tiny spade and packet of chive seeds, some yummy-smelly Sparkling Peach B&B lotion and some Burt's Bees lip balm. There is also a lovely "recipe" card that is a Recipe for Life for Women with a passage from Psalms. Thank you so much, Melissa! I love it all.

Christan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Glad it got there, Christian! I hope you enjoy everything! :O)

Melissa/hazelnutbunny~~Angel Food Cake **CHRISTAN** (REC'D)color>

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I still haven't heard anything from Scarlett after I e-mailed her for her address. Maybe she's still having internet trouble???

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Hi everyone !! Hope you are all staying drier than we are here in Maryland ... geez I'm thinking someone needs to build another ark ...

Becky, I have your box just about ready to mail ;-) this has been a lot of fun ! I will post your DC as soon as I get it to the PO ... hopefully on Saturday !

~Iris

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I have heard from Miss Joan but i haven't heard from Kamil....hmmmmmmmmmm.....

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

It's gonna be late next week before I mail Bunny's surprises out. Going to an estate sale this weekend AND the MONTHLY FLEA MARKET is this weekend! Thinking I might hit it for some more goodies. :) Take your time with me Linda. The anticipation is 1/2 the fun and I'm in no hurry.

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Laura...I just found your box on the front porch. I am headed out the door to the vet with my Germans....I will be home later this afternoon....and then I will open it! I wanted you to know it arrived!

Happy Friday!

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, if we don't hear from either Kamil or Scarlett by next week, we will put our backup plan into place. I have one...just was hoping I wouldn't have to use it! :O)

On another note....
    I will probably not be around much for the next few days. My best friend's sister was diagnosed with breast cancer last week, and it's very aggressive. They've scheduled a double mastectomy for next week, plus chemo as soon as possible after that.
    She'll find out next week if it's in her lymph nodes....we're all praying that it hasn't gotten that far yet.
    My best friend is having a fund raiser tonight, and one on Sunday. She also sells Avon, and all her proceeds from that are going directly to her sister's medical bills. Her sister doesn't have insurance, and can't work, so they are in very bad shape.

I will be helping out with whatever I can do for her. I'm delivering Avon orders & dropping catalogs in new areas for her. Hopefully, between that and her website, she'll get enough orders to help out at least a bit.

Hugs to all & BEHAVE YOUR SELVES!!! :D

• ejmoore510
    14 years ago

Hey Bunny!
    I order Avon online sporadically. Is it possible for me to order from her, or do I have to use a local rep? If I can, I'd be happy to help out as much as I can.

Joan

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Bunny, best to your friends sister, Im sending her all the strength and good wishes I can!

I got a wonderful box from Ms Becky today. Included:

6 Tulips each "Merry Go Round" and "Happy Generation"
    a beautiful hardcover journal
    Mini birdhouse
    Scented votive "Mulled Cider" Smells so yummy!!
    daisy or sunflower shaped Welcome Sign- perfect for spring
    lots and lots of seeds
    Winter gear knit set- a hat, scarf and 2 pair of gloves
    a BIG thing of coconut milk hand lotion
    A fall decor pumpkin
    Tea in apple cider, cocoa spice and pumpkin spice flavors
    and last but not least... some of her favorite easy candy recipes!

I love it all Becky, thank you so much! *HUGS*

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Laura,

I just opened my box with a glass of my favorite vino....oh how wonderful...fun, fun, fun!

*A writing journal with the initial "A", of course!
    *Two Fall kitchen towels...one has a bushel of apples..cute!
    *A darling ceramic pumpkin decoration...tiz on the mantle
    *A bar of wonderful smelling handmade soap from a local gardener in Laura's area
    *Two flower kitchen magnets
    *Envelope of Pumpkin fragrance...very nice
    *Two pkgs. jumbo mixed Glad Bulbs
    *Candy....happy husband...LOL!
    *A very cool book "PLANTS OF PLENTY"
    *And Lots of Seeds

Laura, thank you so much....a fantastic Fall box!!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    14 years ago

Wow!! More fantastic boxes!
    Happy Saturday everyone!

vina

14 years ago

Hi everybody !! I received my AWESOME box from Heidi today !! WOW !! such great goodies inside !! Thank you so much Heidi !! Its like Christmas came early !! I love everything !!

Here is what was inside :

dark chocolate brownie mix - yummy !
    a warm apple crisp votive candle ; smells so good !
    apple cinnamon crisp mix - yummy !
    cherry oatmeal crunch mix - yummy !
    a TURKEY windsock - so cute !
    a handcrafted lighthouse luminary ( hope I spelled that right - its so cute ! )
    caffeine free tea ;-)
    word find book
    Backyard birds and bird feeding book
    LOTS of milky way fun size bars
    a jar of homemade pumpkin butter - yummy !
    tylenol
    hand sanitizer
    band aids ( hope I won't need them lol )
    a birdseed/suet encrusted pinecone treat for the birds !
    sunflower seeds ( I love sunflowers )
    bayberry scented tapers
    calendar/planner book
    3 handwritten cookie recipes
    several handmade notecards - sooo cute !
    a MY GARDEN photo album
    and last but not least ... many cute little handwritten notes from Heidi , some are poems and I loved reading them as I opened all the goodies !!
    Handwritten notes and letters are still the best in this electronic age !

Again , thank you so much for everything Heidi !

~Iris

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Iris~ I just got back into town and was glad to see that you got your box. I hope that the light house fits into your collection. That was the first time I made anything like that. Please feel free to share the jokes and poems as needed. I know I got a good giggle out of them!!

Heidi

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just checking in while I have a spare minute. Glad to see more boxes have arrived...they all sound GREAT! :O)

Joan~ Yes, she does have a website. I will send you the link in an email in just a bit. Let me know if you don't get it. Thank you SO much for helping her out! *hug*

Becky/proudgm~~Sugar Cookies **LAURA** (REC'D)color>
    Heidi/hdiperna~~Pecan Pie **IRIS** (REC'D)color>
    Laura/lilangel181~~Tunnel of Fudge cake **ANNIE** (REC'D)color>

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Good Morning,

Carol, I will be sending your box off tonight. I will post the DC# tonight or in the morning.

Annie

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

went to see my family in Altoona over the weekend..havne't seen them since June. It was really fun and now I'm back..."S"

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

Happy Sunday everyone.
    Not to get ahead of myself but who is hosting next month? I have a novel idea for a Hanukkah Swap... 8 items (for the 8 nights of presents) but nothing religious unless you KNOW thats what your recipient celebrates. I think it could be perfect since everyone is spending bukkoo bucks for the holidays the 8 items keeps trades fairly small, and (IMHO) Hanukkah is seriously under represented! Thoughts? Ive never hosted before but would be happy to if needed.

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Carol,

I sent out your box late yesterday afternoon.

DC# 0413 1797 9250 7607 1670...sent from zip 92688

Annie

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wonderful, Annie! Thanks for letting us know! :O)

Laura~ I have no idea who has next month's swap....Dan, Linda?? Do ya'll know?

Also...Dan & Linda~ Have ya'll heard from Scarlett & Kamil? The send date is rapidly approaching- Friday!- so if we don't hear from them by then, we'll move onwards, Ok? Dan, you know what to do! :D

Annie/canyonwind~~Peanut Brittle **CAROL** (SENT)color>

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

I haven't heard back from Kamil...Dan knows what to do?.."raising eyebrow"..THAT could be scary!!..."L"

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yeppers...Dan & I have been in cahoots for this one....

*ornery grin*

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I LIVE in cahoots!!! LOL!!! Actually, the zip code there is 96969, and I live on Main Street, as if I'm the only one in this group who lives thereabouts! hehehe

As for next month's swap, I have no idea who is supposed to be hosting it. All I know is, it ain't me!

Peace.
    -Dan

14 years ago

Hi everybody ! Hope your Monday was as good as Mondays can be LOL ... the alarm always seems to be extra obnoxious on Mondays ... anyways ...

I mailed off Becky's box today ;-) !! the DC is :

0308 3390 0001 1172 3461

~Iris

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hmmm...well, don't we usually have a CHOCOLATE swap in December??
    *hint..hint*

Iris/rane_grow~~Banana Puddin' **BECKY** (SENT)color>
    Annie/canyonwind~~Peanut Brittle **CAROL** (SENT)color>

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Who was it that took over the hosting for me during last year's chocolate swap? I really don't remember too much of what happened during last December here on the Garden Web. The one thing I do remember is all the love and support I received from you all after the accident. I will NEVER forget that!!!

Peace.
    -Dan

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

okay, from what i can figure out from the old thread...Wendy/sassybutterfly is supposed to be hosting December..."peering around for Wendy"...

• canyonwind
    14 years ago

Miss Linda, I seem to recall reading Wendy is doing the Chocolate swap in December!!! I believe she did it last December as well.

Annie

• proudgm_03
    14 years ago

Oh yeah, it's the chocolate swap! That's the one I live for each year. A box full of chocolate and other goodies. What could be better!

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Annie, I just did a search on last year's swap, and you're right, Wendy did take over the hosting for me. Reading those threads brought back a lot of memories, so I'm gonna keep this short and go to work where I can get my mind on other things. Anyway, has anyone thought to ask Wendy if she's still up for hosting the December swap?

Peace.
    -Dan

• hazelnutbunny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I haven't seen Wendy around since last month's swap. :O(
    I hope things are going well for her!

• dirt_under_my_nails
    14 years ago

Did Laura say EIGHT days of Chocolate swap? LOL!!!{{gwi:1310522}}

Sorry just peeking in on all you MNF. Haven't played over here in a while. Will keep an eye out for Dec's swap!!

later...April

• lilangel181
    14 years ago

LOL April!! I LOVE that!!

• georgia_teacher
    14 years ago

Dan, I will be sending your box out tomorrow. Again, my sincere apologies for the lateness. I will post the DC as soon as I get back from the post office.

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

Christan, no problem, and no apologies are necessary. Unexpected stuff happens, and we just try to deal with it the best way we can. Besides, it'll be fun tracking that package while enjoying my 4-day weekend! ((Grin))