Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemctier

NEW: mnf kiss ornament exchange

rosemctier
12 years ago

First off, i should apologize-- i meant to post this earlier, and quite frankly haven't checked to see if anyone else posted one lol-- i had a very bad back and neck sprain and was doped up beyond belief, and then i broke my toe, and spent more days sleeping like mad. anyway, my life has already gotten ahead of me, so i am proposing a Keep It Sweet and Simple, KISS, ornament swap-- you would send an ornament, a minimum of 3 packs of seeds, a card, and a surprise of some sort. easy peasy. I'd like to play some bingo too-- I'll post a word list later. we need to do a quick turn around because the post office is not very speedy these days, and i think all packages should be mailed by Dec 19th PRIORITY mail to ensure christmas delivery. I'll take sign ups until Dec 7, that gives you a week to decide if you'd like to participate, and i'll start bingo word drawings on the 8th.

Comments (69)

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

tl, michelle, wendy, do you guys want to play bingo? i have lists from margo, faye, and don. i'll start drawing on friday instead of tomorrow to start drawing, and will extend sign ups til then too to see if we catch any stragglers.

do you guys want this to be a secret-til-you get it swap? add to the suspense?

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Rose...I am a straggler and I want to get in on this months swap...LOL! I will get my bingo words off to you.

Thanks much!

Annie

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Rose...just emailed my bingo words!

Annie

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yay Annie! thanks everyone for joining!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

gonna bump this up one more time to see if i can catch any lurkers. . .come out, come out, where ever you are!! still time to sign up and send in bingo words. i'll consider signups and bingo submissions closed when i check back on saturday :) i'll draw the first bingo words when i get back from dropping my daughter off at whatever event she is waking me up early on a saturday for LOL

• smitties
    12 years ago

Time is running out and some of you are going to miss out on the fun of hanging an ornament on your tree that reminds you of the great fun you have here as well as the wonderful friends you make throughout the year.

Remember this is one to keep sweet and simple so postage shouldn't be too much and you can even make an ornament to keep costs down.

Stop lurking and join in, you know you want to. Have a great weekend. Margo

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

okay, it's time for BINGO! sorry i'm so late, i got distracted by shiny things at target :) here's three to get the ball rolling :)

1. Little Cindy Lou Who
    2. Snow
    3. Cranberry Garlands

good luck everyone!!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bingo!

Ornaments
    Candles

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Rose...I hope your posting who we are sending to today. I am out of here at 4am tomorrow and hitting the PO...if it does not go out tomorrow, I have no idea when it will go out....probably in January...LOL!!!!

Happy Sunday to all!

Annie

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

annie, where are you going? hopefully on a nice long vacation!

Partners:
    Canyonwind sends to Dem_pa
    Dem_pa sends to mchill320
    mchill320 sends to tl_graham
    tl_graham sends to sassybutterfly_2008
    sassybutterfly_2008 sends to Smitties
    Smitties sends to nottougly
    Nottougly sends to Rosemctier
    Rosemctier sends to canyonwind

annie, I have Don's address, so i'm emailing it to you. everyone else, send your addresses to your partners asap, or send them to me and i will forward them on :)

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

Oh, Michelle.. I hope you aren't upset you got me! Starting to feel like I'm stalking you. lol. =)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Just contacted Faye to make sure the address I have is correct. Margo

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

BINGO!!
    Fireplace
    Twinkle Lights

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Don...dem_pa,

I sent your "KISS" out yesterday (Monday).

DC # 0306 0320 0003 2778 8225

Happy day to all!

Annie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Smitties ~ I think I'll just send you out a box every month..lol!

Rose, did you not ever receive my bingo words? I never saw if you did or didn't...

tl.graham ~ emailing you my addr right now! :)

Thanks!
    Wendy

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

mchill320 your box was mailed today.

DC0310 2010 0001 9078 0381

Don

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

My box to Margo is packed up and will be flying tomorrow a.m. Will post the DC# then.

Thanks!
    ~Wendy

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

wendy, did you email it? i don't see it, but if you can forward me what you originally sent i'll still take it. i have lists from smitties, dem_pa, canyonwind, tlgraham, and nottoughly. did anyone else send me a list?

ya'll are so organized. me, not so much LOL. hopefully my package will go out tomorrow. i can't believe the 15th has crept up so quickly!

today's words:
    Chestnuts
    Gingerbread House

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

how many words do you need to win bingo?

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

I already have 5 words, but do not know how bingo works, I have never played it.

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

I guess Santa flew from CA to PA really fast. I received a beautiful card, a bag of M&M peanut candy, a bag of Hersheys Kisses, Burt's Bees lip balm, and I'm in seed Heaven with 18 packs of seeds. A noid of a reblooming iris. I can plant this today.

The ornament is a wire angel. I bought two of these from Kym earlier and gave them away as gifts. Now I have my own. Thanks so much for everything. I love it all.

Kym's site for the angel pins or ornaments. Great gift boxes, too.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2688227090657.153186.1405847919&type=1&l=aea6fcde4a

Don

• dem_pa
    12 years ago

I guess I should mention I received my package from Canyonwind. Thanks again.

Don

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

first person to get their 10 words wins :) in the event of a tie, they both win lol

wow don that got there fast! oh, thank you for the card btw!

words for today!
    Santa Claus
    The Grinch

• smitties
    12 years ago

My package went out to Faye to day.

DC 03103490000032686870

Hope she enjoys it.

Smitties

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

sent out Wendy/Sassybutterfly's package today. Confirmation #
    9405 5036 9930 0332 0594 61

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

annie, your package is on its way and your tracking info should be in your email soon :)

bingo words o' the day:
    It�s A Wonderful Life
    Rudolph

anyone getting close?

am thinking up a celebratory "yay the semester is over" game for after the weekend. stay tuned :)

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

i will post updates on bingo and packages tomorrow. t was a long day! hope everyone is well and having tons of holday fun already!

bingo:
    A Christmas Story
    Elves

happy weekend!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Rose, I am home and your KISS is here!

Rose sent a great card with lots of seeds.....
    Gaillardia mix
    Double Calendula
    Yellow Hibiscus
    Hyssop Golden Jubilee
    Sedum Xenox
    Sweet Peas mixed bush type
    Pleurisy Root Buttrerfly Weed

*a beautiful and I mean beautiful wind chime. I have it hanging from my chandileer in the dining room as the weather outside is not Southern California lovely at this time. I am afraid the winds might blow it to another part of the canyon....like in The Wizard of Oz.

*my ornament....wow....hand made by Rose....a gourd ornament. My name is on the bottom of it and Rose has signed her initials with the year. I am amazed by this. I hear people talk about all the cool things they do with gourds. This is incredible to me....so unique. I keep meaning to grow gourds....I will grow gourds now!!!!

Rose, thanks so much for a wonderful KISS of a swap!
    I just love what you sent me....THANKS SO MUCH!!

Annie

• smitties
    12 years ago

Received my box from Wendy today. She sent the cutest bird ornament. He is a little blue bird made of knit and has a red scarf on. He is flying on my Christmas tree right now. :) So cute and I will think of Wendy each year I place him on the tree.

She also included a pink organza bag with dove chocolates and peppermint sticks that are hiding from the rest of the family,

and five zippies of seeds. Gaillardia, three types of coreopsis, and rudbeckia. All will find a prominent place in my gardens.

Thank you Wendy and Merry Christmas.

Margo

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bingo:
    Cinnamon Spice
    Tinsel

Someone must be close by now!

Canyonwind sends to Dem_pa SENT/RECEIVED
    Dem_pa sends to mchill320 SENT
    mchill320 sends to tl_graham ?
    tl_graham sends to sassybutterfly_2008 SENT
    sassybutterfly_2008 sends to Smitties SENT/RECEIVED
    Smitties sends to nottougly SENT
    Nottougly sends to Rosemctier ?
    Rosemctier sends to canyonwind SENT/RECEIVED

gotta love when boxes start to fly!

• nottougly
    12 years ago

Rosemctier your box went out in todays mail. The confirmation number is 9405 5036 9930 0338 4216 82.
    I am truly sorry for the delay in mailing it. But Amazon has me working 60 hours a week and then this week I had a close family member pass away. But you will get it before Christmas and I hope you enjoy it.

I also received my mnf kiss ornament from Margo - smitties. Again I am sorry for the delay in thanking you. It is hard for these bones to walk for 12 hours a night.

Margo sent me a Solar Snowman Ornament and 2 hand painted Santa Claus cinnamon stick ornaments. Which smell great.
    She also included Avon hand cream, a beautiful Christmas card, Candy Cane ink pen and a variety of seeds which included blanketflower yellow and Fan Fare, Painted Daisy, Bronze Fennel and Hot Papaya Coneflower tucked inside a very pretty sturdy Christmas box.

I loved everything.

Thank you Margo I really appreciate everything that you sent to me.

God Bless you,
    Your gardening friend,
    Faye!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

I thought I better check my BINGO words...glad I did! I am getting close....one word to go!!

And as usual, lovely boxes by the MNF'ers.

Happy day to all!

Annie

• sassybutterfly_2008
    12 years ago

Tawnee ~ I got my package on Saturday!! Thank you!!!

I'll post pics tomorrow of all the goodies, she MADE me some jewelry along w/ her daughter. GREAT job by the way!!

I'll be back to post the pics tomorrow :)

Thank you!!!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

bingo:
    Candy Canes
    Stockings

• smitties
    12 years ago

Happy Monday, I need three more words so doubt I am in the running with Annie only needing one more.

Rose, could you post all the words that have been chosen so far just to make sure I have all the ones I have on my list checked off. Thanks

Hope everyone has a good week. This has been another successful swap with Rose at the helm. Thanks Rose.

Is there any Barry Manilow fans in this mix? I have been one for years and years. He is touring again and I snagged tickets to see him in Detroit.

Margo

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Good Morning...Good Afternoon,

Margo, I to have been a Barry fan for years and years. I saw him in concert in 1980 and 1983 and I think in 87 or 88....so long ago! Maybe he is coming to Orange County...better check on that. I would love to see him again. Have a wonderful time!! Sing...Sing...Sing...At the Copa...Copacabana..............great song!

Happy day to all!

Annie

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

sorry about not posting words yesterday-- had company all ay long and didn't have a chance to post. so these are sunday's words and i will post 2 more tonight after 11 if no one posts they got bingo!

Advent Calendar
    Holly

for out next contest, i think it would be fun to share your best "national lampoon's christmas vacation" holiday memory-- hey, we all have at least one! my cycnical 16 yr old will be the judge :)stories should be posted by new year's eve and moi will do the judging sometime after midnight. she knows none of this by the way LOL

Words that have been called already:

1. A Christmas Story
    2. Advent Calendar
    3. Candles
    4. Candy Canes
    5. Chestnuts
    6. Cinnamon Spice
    7. Cranberry Garlands
    8. Elves
    9. Fireplace

1. Gingerbread House
    2. Holly
    3. It�s A Wonderful Life
    4. Little Cindy Lou Who
    5. Ornaments
    6. Rudolph
    7. Santa Claus
    8. Snow
    9. The Grinch
    10. Twinkle Lights

i also got my box fromfaye and she went overboard :) the ornament is lovely, a cream themed santa in a sleigh, and i think winter wonderland was the overall theme. she sent some lovely seeds--summer poinsettia, amethyst in the snow bachelor buttons, polar bear zinnia, christmas peppers, snow on the mountain, alyssum, white balloon flower, and mixed iceplant. she also sent a cute teatowel with a gingerbread man on t, some candy canes, an angel ornament with a bell, and a double chocolate cookie :) it was a lovely box, thank you so much!

• smitties
    12 years ago

Rose, you also listed stockings and tinsel on the two posts back on the 18th.

That means I am only two away.

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

revised list, thanks Margo! words are not my friends right now!

. A Christmas Story
    2. Advent Calendar
    3. Candles
    4. Candy Canes
    5. Chestnuts
    6. Cinnamon Spice
    7. Cranberry Garlands
    8. Elves
    9. Fireplace

1. Gingerbread House
    2. Holly
    3. It�s A Wonderful Life
    4. Little Cindy Lou Who
    5. Ornaments
    6. Rudolph
    7. Santa Claus
    8. Stockngs
    9. Snow
    10. The Grinch
    11. Tinsel
    12. Twinkle Lights

amazing how it always comes down to the last few words!

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yeah i meant monday's words. what day is it again? well, here are today's words, whatever day it is LOL\

Manger
    Star

• tl.graham
    12 years ago

I received my package from Michelle today! She made a beautiful leaded glass ornament. I put it right in the front of my tree. It is BEAUTIFUL. She also included a skein of green and silver yarn, a cross stitch sampler kit, coffee from Starbucks, and seeds.
    She included Hyacinth bean vine, black hollyhock, emerald okra, lady in red salvia, gourd mix, and siberian iris.
    Thank you so much Michelle!!

• smitties
    12 years ago

Bingo! I do believe I just won!!!!!! Hopefully I copied my words down right when I sent them to Rose.

Will wait for final word before I do the happy dance.

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yes, Margo, you are our winner! congratulations! commence happy dancing :)

• smitties
    12 years ago

Worked a busy 8 hours at the shop today and despite the fact that I am tired, I am doing the happy dance. Woo hoo, I won. I have come one word close many times but this is my first win.

Margo

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

yay margo!! now i have to figure out what to send you that i haven't sent to you already LOL

hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Congrats Margo!!!!

Rose, which gourd did you grow for my ornament??? I need to get some of these seeds. Let me know when you get a chance!!

Merry Christmas weekend to all. Be safe and happy!

Annie

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

annie, it's a tennessee dancing (or spinning) gourd. i am going to have to break one open for seeds-- i only have a few left LOL do you want some?

• smitties
    12 years ago

Rose, no need to send anything. I enjoyed playing and winning was prize enough with my luck. LOL

Margo

• canyonwind
    12 years ago

Rose,

I would love some of your Spinning gourd seeds, only if you have enough. I am headed out of town in the morning...will be back Fri/Sat. I will send you a SASE next week. OK??????

Happy New Year!!

Annie

• rosemctier
    Original Author
    12 years ago

just wanted to check in an make sure everyone got their packages okay? with the holiday rush of insanity. . .er, excitement, it's so hard to keep track of everything. heris the list i have so far; updates would be appreciated.

Canyonwind sends to Dem_pa SENT/RECEIVED
    Dem_pa sends to mchill320 SENT
    mchill320 sends to tl_graham ?
    tl_graham sends to sassybutterfly_2008 SENT
    sassybutterfly_2008 sends to Smitties SENT/RECEIVED
    Smitties sends to nottougly SENT
    Nottougly sends to Rosemctier ?SENT/ RECEIVED
    Rosemctier sends to canyonwind SENT/RECEIVED

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!