Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
debbya_gw

new: garden decorating rr/'secret santa'/dec.

Debra Andruska
16 years ago

Our December Garden Decorating Swap "Secret Santa" is here! I'll take sign-ups for approximately a week and send by email your Secret Swap Pal info. Remember, this is a SECRET swap, so please send me your name/address and I'll forward it to your swap Pal. You won't know who your receiving from until the swap is over and all boxes are received. I'll post the swap list at the end of the swap.

All boxes must be mailed out promptly (no later than the 17th) so your Pal has time to enjoy Christmas decorations.

Let the fun begin!

Deb

Comments (42)

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Where are all our Garden Decorating Swappers? ;)

Deb

• snyder
    16 years ago

I'm still in. I sent you an e-mail with my addy. Ann

• laurelin
    16 years ago

I'm in, and sent you a note. Hope it didn't bounce!

Laurel

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ann and Laurel,
    Your info made it through! Welcome to the swap!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Bump!

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

;)
    I will join in, hadn't planned to do any swaps this month, but I find I need a little holiday cheer. Deb do you still have my address?

Frances

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Frances,
    I can't find your address, please re-send it.

Diene your info came through too!

Frances and Diene,
    Welcome to the swap!

Deb

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

it's on the way

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I received your info Frances! Wow, that was fast! ;)

Deb

• diene
    16 years ago

Hey I thought this was supposed to be a secret swap!! I am in!!! diene

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diene,
    It is a secret swap. ;) You'll only know who your sending to. I'm not posting swap Pal's on the thread.
    In order to keep the "secret" going use a neighbor/relatives name/address on the box. Or make a special name up. We won't find out who sent the box until everyone received a box and posted all box contents.

Hopefully more will join in tonight or tomorrow!

Come on Garden Decorating Friends, join in! The swap is open to Everyone!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Giving this one last bump. I'll take signups throughout the day.

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm going to extend this for one more day! Signups through Sunday! I'll post swap Pal's on Monday.

Hopefully, a few more will join in this month's Garden Decorating swap! Secret Santa!

Deb

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Can't believe I almost missed this....If its not too late...Sign me up please Deb : )
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Nancy,
    Thanks for joining!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

December's ~SECRET SANTA~ swap list!

Ahhha! You thought I was going to post it here, didn't you! I did, but luckily deleted it! ;)
    That's what happens when you have a million things to do and am trying to do it all at once!

I'll email each of you, please let me know if you don't get my email with your Swap Pal's address.

Hugs,
    Deb

• snyder
    16 years ago

My box was sent today. conf# 0306 1070 0002 9248 6220

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Mine was sent on its way today too : ) #01038555749251198508

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    Mine was sent today but I am not posting the DC. That would give it away I think. I sent it to Deb. Now I just have to wait for my partner to get it.
    diene

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Thank you to my Secret Santa! Here's what was in the box of wonderful goodies that arrived yesterday:

- a crochet-top kitchen towel with a rooster on it
    - some delicious homemade peanut brittle (it WAS delicious - it didn't last long) in a little decorated tin pail
    - a small fleece tote bag with a dove and "Peace On Earth" on it (my little daughter has it now, for her stuffed animals)
    - Gardener's hand soap (oh yeah, I need that!)
    - suet cake for my wild bird friends
    - Christmas gift tags
    - a gold-colored basket filled with a mini teddy bear (my daughter has it now, and she named it Cinnamon) and some cinnamon-scented votives (home-crafted) and a candy-striped ornament
    - SEEDS (3 kinds of dinner-plate hibiscus, and white marigolds - fantastic!)
    - a Taste of Home magazine (MMMmmmm!)
    - "The New Gardener" book (nice!)

THANK you for the delightful box - my little girl and I had lots of fun opening it and exploring all the goodies. All of us enjoyed the peanut brittle (now I'm thinking I'll have to try making some this week).

Merry Christmas!

Laurel

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Ho Ho Ho ! ! !

Been a bit under the weather, so I didn't post sooner. I hope my Secret Santa will forgive me!

I recieved my lovely package on Saturday (didn't open it till yesterday) Just in time to trim the tree!

I recieved
    2 of the cutest bears in sweaters to hang on the tree.
    A pretty hand made felt heart.
    A candle and candle ring with Santas and Chritmas trees
    A Christmans Kitchen Towel
    Ice follies Daffodil bulbs (these were huge, ran outside and planted them right away) really looking forward to these!

Thank you Santa! Merry Christmas Everyone!

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello All;
    I did not pay enough attention to the rules and so my secret santa will know it was me if she does not already. I am sorry I missed that part of the rules but if my pal could keep the secret until the swap is over I would appreciate it. Sorry. Thanks pal. diene

• cedarnest
    16 years ago

Santa dropped by today and all I can say is I must have been a Really Good Girl this year! Thanks so much Santa for the wonderful box of gifts.They are all very special to me.1st was a ceramic wall pocket with a christmas stocking inside.In the stocking I found hand and foot cream and an adorable nutcracker ornament.Also I received a package of canna rhizomes and dahlia tubers.Can't wait to see the blooms these give me.I love the precious santas workshop ornament as well as the windchime and stained glass tulip garden stake.They are all so neat and will get much use.Also..Santa somehow knew it was my birthday month and added a gorgeous picture frame in the gifts along with a wonderfulcard.Thanks Santa..for your thoughtfulness.I truly love everything you sent me although I really don't think I was that good of a girl this year....Happy Holidays To You!!..and Merry Christmas Everyone!!
    Nancy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diene,
    It's ok! Your not alone, several of us did the same thing. ;)

What a fun swap! Who care's if it's secret or not!

Deb

• diene
    16 years ago

Well Hello Everyone;
    I received a wonderful box today, some really great things. Christmas kitchen towels which I almost bought for myself. A beautiful tree skirt for a miniature tree which will be great because my Mom had hip surgery yesterday and will probably still be in rehab on Christmas. I have a little tree so the skirt will make it really nice.
    A holiday tin with candy, tea and coffee. I brought the candy to Mom and she was thrilled so the box has already made two people happy.
    Three beautiful christmas decorations, scented tea candles, bath and body works liquid soap in a pump dispenser, a nice card with my favorite birds on it (cardinals). There was also a package of daylily seeds which now puts a bit of pressure on me since I have never tried to start lilies from seed. But I need to learn sometime.
    Thanks Santa!! diene

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone, I put a box of goodies into the MailMan's hand today.... DC is on the way.

Who has snow? wish it was me, my Iris Bulbs are sprouting in this unseasonable weather!

• laurelin
    16 years ago

LOL, ask me in 24 hours! We're in the path of that storm from the midwest tomorrow (6-10" of snow forecast), and then under the gun again for the nor'easter Saturday into Sunday.

Stay safe, everyone!

Laurel

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Laurel;
    Keep me updated on your weather as mine is usually a day or two behind what you get. Sometimes it does not make it this far north but goes out to sea south of us but Nor'easters are a favorite here. Ever see the perfect storm? That was from my part of the world.
    Hope everyone is safe and warm. Have a great day.
    diene

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

My Secret Santa box came! Woooo hooo!
    I must of been really good this year! ;)

My Secret Santa sent~
    Pomagranate Lime lotion, gel, scrub/scrubbie!
    Red Holiday Cactus cuttings (that look great, our weather has been freezing!)
    Sugar & Spice cookies, plus recipe! Yum!
    Discovery Iris bulbs
    Pink fuzzy gloves (my Daughter grabbed them already, LOL)
    2 ornaments/tuba!

Thank you so much Secret Santa, I love everything you sent!

Deb

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I forgot to mention that my Secret Santa also sent Park seeds/ Canna-Tropical Rose seeds! I LOVE canna, and will winter sow these soon!

Deb

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hi Diene, we got 8-9" of wet snow yesterday. Looks like more will be here tomorrow night, and a lot colder to start off with, but they can't seem to decide how much snow vs. sleet/freezing rain we could see by the time it's all done. Time will tell, stay safe up there!

Laurel

• snyder
    16 years ago

Well I received my secret santa box today. My what a great box. Helps when you are in with an ice an snow storm. This is what all I got, a nice card,garden gloves these will come in handy come spring,a picture frame, a christmas cross stitch key chain to make,a small candle in a holder that says families are as special part of Christmas,a magnetic note pad for my fridg, that has snow flakes on it and says let it snow,a tin of butter cookies, a box of hot coco mix with mini marshmallows guess I'll let my dear husband have some of it as he loves hot coco, the prettiest wind chime, it is like a sun catcher and has fish and a turtle on it, it is the cutiest,a pretty butterfly pot sitter, and a great book by better homes and gardens that has all kinds of crafts to make for christmas, receipes,holiday sweets, gift foods,jams and breads all sorta of good things. I'll be busy tonight looking at it.Thank you ,thank you secret santa, You were really good to me and I just love all of it it is all very nice and things I'm sure I'll use. Ann

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Laurel;
    We did not get the storm until yesterday and it snowed all day and into the night. Maybe we have a foot total, not sure because we already had some snow and we cleared the driveway twice. I do hope it hangs around for Christmas although they are talking about more on Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up. diene

• diene
    16 years ago

Happy Birthday Deb;
    Hope you are having a great day!!
    diene

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Diene,
    Thanks for the Birthday wishes! I hope your Birthday was wonderful too~ (we share the same Birthday!)

Deb

• diene
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas to all'
    I did not know what was happening here, are we done? We are going to have a white Christmas for sure in my part of the world. We have over 18 inches now and no warm weather in sight. We may even have more snow coming, I am not paying attention.
    Tonight I am going to see the symphony perform their annual Christmas event called "The Magic of Christmas". I have not been for a few years so the "magic" should be there. DH gave me the tickets for my birthday. It is a wonderful event but the price of the tickets take your breath away. Oh well, we do not go every year so I will stop worrying about that and just enjoy the show.
    I am looking at my front yard now and I still have not completed decorating for Christmas. We have had so much snow my nativity scene is buried and I have not been able to set up my electric reindeer. We have this big wooden sled and usually I put the reindeer in front and it resembles Santa's sleigh. At this point, it is just the sleigh sitting in the middle of the yard with snow in it.
    That may be the extent of my decorating for this year. Time will tell.
    Have a great day. We are supposed to see the sun today. It has already crested the ocean and I can see the reflection across the street. Yeah!!
    diene

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Happy Birthday Deb and Diene!

DIene, a white Christmas! Scenic and lovely to see, hope you do not have to drive anywhere in it though. Last one we had I spent in the ditch waiting for a tow truck.... ha ha ha..... in future I will be careful what I wish for!

Have a wonderful holiday ladies, may the season gift you with the warmest of memories to last thoughout the coming year and beyond!

Frances

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I hope Everyone had a wonderful Christmas!
    You waited long enough to find out who your "Secret Santa" is!

Debbya sent to Ann

Ann sent to Laurel

Laurel sent to Diene

Diene sent to Nancy

Nancy sent to Frances

Frances sent to Debbya

Thanks so much Everyone for making this swap run so smoothly!

Hugs,
    Deb

• Frances Coffill
    16 years ago

I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful midwinter holiday! Just stopped by to say thank you again to "Secret Santa" I am so looking forward to those Daffy's Nancy! Happy New Year everyone!!!!

• diene
    16 years ago

Hello Laurel;
    Thank you again for my wonderful box!! Can you give me any tips on the daylily seeds? I do not need to worry about putting them in a fridge to simulate winter just need to know how much winter they can take. Thanks diene

• laurelin
    16 years ago

Hi Diene,

You're welcome for the seeds! I winter sowed mine in February/March this past year, and had great germination. Some people are already starting theirs under lights indoors (there are a couple threads on starting them over on the daylily forum already), but I have cats and kids, so that just won't work for me, lol.

I keep my daylily seeds in the fridge until I sow them, but I don't think regular storage (cool/dark) will kill them. After all, you can buy daylily seed from places like T&M and Parks, and they don't tell their customers to refrigerate them until planting. I do know that if they're at all moist and warm, they'll rot quickly, but if they're totally dry, they're fine for a long time.

Good luck!

Laurel

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Thanks Laurel, that info helped me too:)

Deb, email me....I'm interested in the New Year swaps you're doing.

A little early but everyone have a wonderful 2008!

Sassy