Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Adopt-A-Newbie!!!

Posted by WebKat5 z5-6 MO (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 30, 05 at 14:49

OK....

If you are a Garden Web Newbie (within the past month or so) and have virtually NO seeds to trade with, post here and announce yourself as a newbie. Send me an e-mail with a "wish list" so that I can gather all of you together and send you my address.
You might even post some wishes here, so we might be able to focus on some specifics.
I will do my best to accomodate wish lists....but many might be seeds you can use for trading....just list them as received from a trade.

Veterans....who has lots of seeds left over??? All kinds...you know who you are!! Let's get into the Christmas spirit and share what we have to give these eager young Newbies a place to call "home". :o)
Post here that you will participate and then E-mail me for my addy!
Any types of seeds are wanted, for as we all know, that is how we got started!

Deadline for posting here is December 15th and the Deadline for receiving all envelopes (whether contributions from vets or SASBE's from the newbies) will be December 31st. This will leave some time for winter sowing, if they want to do that.
I will e-mail the newbies individually when your seeds are on their way!

Have I left anything out?? If so, please tell me, as this will be my first attempt at a Round Robin (and of a different kind)!!!

Let's have fun and give, give, give!!! :o)

WebKat5

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Adopt-A-Newbie!!!

I'd be happy to join in the fun!

o

I still have seeds left over that would be good for a newbie such as cleome, dill, cilantro, columbine. I can also throw in some more difficult things. I have some trades from a swap that I will not use. Can I put them in also? I will be glad to share, I hate to let them go to waste. My husband would be happy with my cleaning up the little packets all over the floor.

Send me your address..

Thanks for organizing this..

Ellen Meyer

o

hi i'm a newbie but not brand new and have lots of calendula, balloon flower and hollyhock i gathered before i even knew about this group. now i'm addicted and love it! let me know if you can use them. sandy

o

These are the names of the Newbies I have pulled over from the post on the seed exchange...I have asked them to post their "letters to santa" here (in addition to the seeds they have already requested from me).

kudzu9
midlandsgardner
debbiedo7
landshaper (mostly interested in tree seeds)
joansudec

Thanks guys!!!
This will be warm fuzzy!!
And like Ellen said, we all hate to see the seeds go to waste if someone needs them!

o
Should mention a note about postage...

Newbies,
I am making an assumption that the postage will not be more than 60 cents for each of your SASBE's, but if it happens to go over that, I will cover it.....

HO, HO, HO!!

o

I am a newbie!!!!!
I would love any of these if you accept me.

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor
Sweet Broom - Yellow /any color
Thankz
Kaitlin

o

This is my second year to WS. I have lots of seeds and would be glad to share them. Send me your addy. Margaret

o

Kat: I would love to join in your wonderful 'holiday spirit' round robin. I have lots of seed I too do not want to go to waste. Several years ago I had numerous generous gardeners here share with me and I love it when I can "Pay It Forward", (great movie by the way). Thanks for taking the time and energy to organize this. We all will be blessed.

o

Hi I am Debbie and a newbie. (sounds like a AA meeting haha)
My want list for now is

passion flower
hosta's
daylillies
blue double clematis
Double lavender and double white Angel trumpets
Columbine "Grandmother's garden"

Or anything that has a long blooming time

WAITING FOR SANTA ;O)

o

im a noobie how do i join?

o

hi all,
my name is pete and i'm from uniontown, in southwest pennsylvania. i just started GW and would be happy to share seeds from my small collection. i would like to try a wide variety of trees and shrubs that will grow in zone 5/6.thanks WebKat5 for setting this up.
Merry Christmas everyone

o

Pete (landshaper), I think we will consider you a newbie for this.

Here is Pete's wish list (pulled from his trade list):

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Tulip Tree (Yellow Poplar)
Magnolia Tree

This is a great start everyone!!!! Wow!!

To All Newbies:

I will e-mail all of you together to send my addy where you will send the SASBE envelope....so.....look for an e-mail on the 16th of December since this post will close then.

I am going to make a list and check it twice for your wishes!! :o)

It would also be nice if you could bookmark the URL for this post and when you do receive your seeds, you could let all of us know and thank everyone who contributed to this event.....

On with the giving!!!

o

I'm new to Seed Exchanging and Winter Sowing and have been hanging out here for two weeks trying to soak up as much as I can. I'm in Zone 8b (greater Seattle area) and just moved to a new, larger yard earlier this year. I have started to landscape, pretty much from scratch. We have several rock walls, with good southern and eastern exposure, so hardy flowering vines, like Passiflora incarnata, would be welcome. My wife likes showy flowers and hostas, and we've made some progress in preparing beds and partially planting them. In addition, my neighbor has a big chunk of sunny, vacant lot, and she's agreed to let me use as large a space as I can handle for a community veggie garden, so I'm interested in any heirloom vegetable seeds, particularly tomatoes. Lastly, I'm a bamboo nut, and would welcome getting any kind of real bamboo seeds (including tropical species that I would grow indoors). So Santa, that's my list...

o

I have lots of seeds to share and love playing Santa.

dem_pa

o

Hi, WebKat--

Well, I've already adopted a newbie (sorta) in NC, and I've also contributed (and will BE contributing in the future) to garden_witch's seed bank, but I still have plenty of seeds and would be happy to send some along to you...

Best regards,
Cheryl

o

• Posted by danaoh SWOhio zone 6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 11:06

This is my first year for wsing, I have nothing to trade. Have received seeds already from the very generous gwers, but, can you ever have enough? I need things for shade as well as sun. Can't wait to start. But how do you stand the wait after you have put your milk cartons out - does spring take even longer to get here when you ws?

I live in Middletown OHio, between Dayton and Cincinnati.

o

Cheryl (the_loam_ranger) just suggested a great idea!

If all of the Newbies can get their wish lists together, I will compile them into one long list and then e-mail these lists to the veterans. I will have the newbie names with the lists, so if the veterans want to specify who they go to, they can.

This will give them something to use when deciding some specific items to contribute.

Sooooo.....Newbies, if you haven't already, be sure to post your wish list!

It has only been one day and we already have 6 newbie recipients and 10 contributers (including me)!!

Looks like I am going to have my work cut out for me!! :o)

o

WebKat
Email me your address. I have a few seeds left.
Ron

o

I can adopt!
Nice of you to do this!

Trudi

o

I can adopt too. What fun!

o

I can send out a newbie pack. Just tell me what to do! Glad you are organizing this. Thanks.

o

I am a newbie(just two weeks)I love this web site. I have already learned so much. Please include me. Thanks for the generous offer.

o

I am a newbie, but I don't really need any seeds, because the Cottage Garden forum hooked me up very generously during our seed swap. HOWEVER, I would like to let Pete know that if he wants some catalpa seeds or KY Coffee tree seeds, I'd be happy to send some, either through the newbie swap, or individually.

Broodyjen

o

What a wonderful idea and so nice of you. I would love to join in but since I just finished a SASBE offer I don't have much variety left. I do have lots of joe pye weed, Echinaceas and cleome left.

I would love to adopt DanaOH because I graduated from Middletown High School in 1952.
Hard to believe 53 yrs ago huh?

Please email me your address and I'll get the seeds that I have out to you right away.

Raney

o

My wish list is as follows:
Datura
Japanese mg
Cleome
Cosmo
Chrysanthemum leucanthemum
rudibeckia
Hollyhocks
daylillies
I would appreciate any thing I receive. Thanks for the opportunity.

o

Veterans:

If you would like to designate a portion of your seeds to a specific Newbie (as Raney10 wants to do), please just include a note with your seeds and separate those from the rest of what you send.

I am hoping that we are going to have enough to send many, many packs (and a nice assortment) to each newbie....looks like we are well on our way!!

o

I have lots of left over seeds. Collecting seeds in the fall is addicting. I go way overboard.

I still have your address from our trade last month so I will put together a package.

Sandy

o

• Posted by SusanC Z9/Sunset 17 (My Page) on
    Thu, Dec 1, 05 at 20:32

Hi WebKat I would like to send along a nice Secret Santa package for PetalPusher; Just let me know where to send!

P.S. I am going on vacation on December 10th, so I'd like to get this out to you by Monday.

P.S.S. Thanks for giving us all the opportunity to do something generous this holiday season!

o

Hi I am new.

I would like flowers that grow in dappled sun to shade. I am in zone 7. I like white flowers alot :-) thank you for anything. I think that hostas would probaby grow well in my garden.

thank you,
Annette

o

Attention Canadian Newbies!!!

I have received this message from Buddyfly!!!

'If there are any Canadian Newbies out there wanting to be adopted that Buddyfly aka Marly in Ontario would be happy to look after their needs.'

I am happy to see that someone is looking out for you!!

WebKat5

o
We have a Canadian Newbie!

Buddyfly, we have a Canadian Newbie who would love some seeds!!

Her member name is zone_envy and here is her wish list:

"Since I am just starting out, I think I would single-handedly cause the internet to self destruct if I actually posted all my "wants" here, lol.
I love to grow all kinds of flowers, shrubs, vines, trees and veggies.
I especially like plants that have big, showy flowers and/or a wonderful fragrance.
Off the top of my head, some choices would be:
Armeria
Aubretia
Clarkia
Clematis
Datura
Delphiniums
Euonymus - Burning Bush
Godetia
Gilia campanularia
Hollyhock
Hydrangea
Larkspur, especially king size scarlet
Laurentia - Blue Star
Lavatera
Lavender Lady
Lobelia
Malva
Morning Glory
Mock Orange
Monopsis
Nemesia
Nemophilia
Osteospermum
Painted tongue - royal chocolate
Pimpernel intense blue
Poached Egg plant
Sidalcea malviflora (checker mallow)
Silver Tansy Jackpot
Sweet Pea
Thunbergia - Black-eyed Susan Vine
Tidy tips
Verbascum
or anything hardy in zone 3/4.
Happy trading everyone.
Thanks for looking at my list!"

o

Hello,
May I please join? I`m a newbie and new at gardening. I am starting a new herb and veggie garden, and would appreciate any seeds.

o

UPDATE!!

Here is the compiled list of Newbies/wishlists thus far....I will be e-mailing this list to all veterans closer to the deadline (December 15th).
Thought I would post this so we can start setting certain items aside...

•••••
landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other trees and shrubs

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Double Lavender and Double White Angel Trumpets
Columbine 'Grandmother's Garden'
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata
Amaranth 'Intense Purple'

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas
Heirloom veggies (especially tomatoes)
Bamboo seeds (including tropical indoor types)

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Items for shade and for sun
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies
I would appreciate any thing I receive.

faerieannette - Zone 7

Flowers that will grow in dappled sun and shade.
White flowers
Hostas

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

•••••

I don't think I have left anything/anyone out, have tried to sort through every post and e-mail for wishes...
If I have left something/someone out at this time, please let me know!!!

Thanks to you all!!! Keep it going! (although I am getting a little scared of what is to come...good thing I am planning some time off the first week of January!!) ;o)

WebKat5

o

Kathy,
I'll send some extras and help out. Lord knows I don't need all these seeds!! I still got your addy, I'll get them in the mail today or tomorrow. Have a great day gal.

Nancy

o

I can contribute seeds to the newbies. Let me know where to send the seeds and when to send them! What a wonderful Christmas idea!

o

I heard my name =)

I have a little something for everyone, just let me know where to send!

I am so glad to see another "trade" like this. A little over a year ago (maybe it was two?) I hosted an 'adopt-a-newbie' swap. I had something like 50 or so participants if memory serves (it seldom does, so it may have been more!) I have to say, Kat, your method is so much simpler. I was matching pple up instead of pooling the trade, a much smarter (more smart?) idea!

*~Garden Witch~*

Here is a link that might be useful: Katzengarten Seeds

o

I have lots of extra seed. Would love to adopt a newbie.
Philip

o

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a newbie too. I can't believe how generous all of you all are - and I really appreciate it.

I'm starting a new perennial garden in the sun and wish for:
Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

And any others that like sun.

Thank you so much. And Kathy, thank you for thinking of this and organizing it all.
Mary Evelyn

o

I'm new! Help me! :)
I have one bed that is in full sun right next to the sidewalk and gets brutal treatment(passing kids, super sandy soil, no protection from wind) , and one pampered, wind sheltered bed right next to the house that gets some partial shade and holds on to water better. I live in Wyoming, so it gets very very dry- but i can mitigate that in the shade bed.

Right now i have california poppies, lambs ear, gaura, various sedums, one type of purple penstemon, columbines, sea campion, snapdragons and cosmos. Anything else would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much for your generosity!

Keira

o

I'd love to help! I was wondering how I'd get rid of all my extra seeds. There really is no way to plant everything you collect!
Martha

o

I'm new at this. I am excited about trying wintersowing this year. My previous attempts at growing plants from seeds indoors have failed miserably. I hope this method will have some success. I live on the north side of a hill, surrounded with tall pine trees, so I don't get a whole lot of sunshine here.

This is my wish list. If you can provide any of these seeds, that would be wonderful.
Baby-blue-eyes Nemophila Menziesii
Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Foam Flower (Tiarella cordifolia)
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

Thank you.

o

I am new to saving seeds-started this year but have met some very generous people. Am willing to share, I have veggie seed as well as flower seed. Be glad to help out. Dale Florence SC

o

Whew!!!

Oh, boy, are the reindeer going to be tuckered!!!

And this is only the 3rd day!!

There won't be a single "hungry" Newbie on Garden Web this holiday season!!

Wow! What spirit!!

So far, the count is 12 newbies and approximately 25 generous veterans!!

WebKat5

o

I would be more than happy to send some seeds to help out some newbies as well! The great folks here at gw helped me so much a couple of years ago when I was brand new, and I would love the chance to do the same for another newbie.

I have lots of veggie/herb seeds WebKat5, and I would really like to adopt Plantas and help her get her new veggie garden started. So I will separate some edibles just for her.

Just send me an addy and I will get these right out!

o
•••Attention Newbies!!! •••

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
ATTENTION ALL NEWBIES!!!
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Don't forget to send me an e-mail with your member name so that I can send you my addy!! Many of your e-mail addresses are hidden... :o)

Thanks!!
WebKat5

o

I'm a newbie. Would love any seeds that can be wintersown for Z5. I love callendula's delphinium, larkspur and columbine to name a few, but would love to try new flowers. Any would be welcome and much appreciated.

o

First-many thanks for doing this, such a wonderful way to celebrate the season!

I would love to participate in this, and although I am not new to garden web (having lurked for some time now), I am new to growing from seed and wintersowing-can't wait to try it! I'd like to try some seeds that would grow in my (rather shady) yard. The seeds I am particularly interested in are:
> liriopee particularly variegated ones but happy for any
> tradescantia (widow's tears/spiderwort)
> lobelia
> monarda
> columbine
> primrose
> polemonium
> huechera
> agastache
> salvia
> impatiens
and rose campion

Many thanks-looking forward to the winter now!

o

Newbie here! Thank you all so much for doing this and particularly you WebKat5! I can't wait until next year so I can be on the giving end!
Here is my ultimate wish list!
Anything blue, purple, white or silver
Anything fragrant
Browallia
Cerinthe 'Major Blue Kiwi'
Cobaea 'Alba' - Cup & Saucer Vine
Cobaea 'Catherdral Bells' - Cup & Saucer Vine
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Cosmos - pinks, purples & whites
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Datura 'Evening Frangrace'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Eryngium Gigantum - Sea Holly
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Hollyhocks - preferrably old fashioned single ones
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Wave Petunia - any purples
Vines

Thank you all again!
Ei

o

I have some seeds I can donate to the newbies--what a nice idea! I didn't feel like I had enough on my own to do an offer, but going in with other folks will work just fine.
Please send me your address.

o

I too have seeds to share - what a 'community' we make. The newbies will be grinning in their own gardens during the new year and I will think of all our seeds sprouting under a warm blue sky and giving them such joy. Happy Holidays - and thanks WebKat5 for your generous spirit.

o

Hi, I just joined GW and would love to be adopted. My husband just lost his job of many years and I was worried that we could not plant our new vegetable garden in the spring. We eat just about anything and I have a passion for preserving heirloom varieties of flowers and vegetables. I am willing to pass on any excess seeds to someone else who can use them.

Thanks so much for your generosity.
Joy

o

What a wonderful idea, I love WSers, thanks WebKat5! I would love to be adopted and have seeds of any hardy perennials that flourish in zone 5 or even colder zones. I hope this becomes an annual tradition--I'll be happy to share seeds next year.

Here are some I'd love to have
globe thistle
sea holly
artemisia
lavender cotton
any euphorbias, especially cushion spurge
'Winter Red' winterberry
nandina
cimifuga, esp. dark leaved ones like 'Brunette'
rose campion
Maltese cross
'Husker Red' penstemon
rodgersia
sea kale/colewort/Crambe cordifolia
miscanthus
variegated grasses, esp. Japanese blood grass and prairie cord grass
sambucus, esp. Sutherland Gold and Black Beauty
bloody dock

Thanks so much for your generosity and kindness!
Janice

o

WebKat,
I love your idea of posting newbie's wishes all together. I printed off the first set (Fri., 12/7). Keep them coming. I'd like to try to match newbies to my seeds and put them in individual plastic bags so you have less to sort. I'm sure other vets have the same idea. It still will be a big job for you, and I so appreciate your doing this. I get rid of seeds I can't use and others get some of their wishes (just like you all have helped me over the last year).

o

I've got lots of seeds I'd be happy to contribute!

o

I'm a newbie and I'd love to join in!

my wish list:
bee balm (any)
russian sage
dill
cosmos - esp orange
siberian wallflower (orange)
pear tomatoes (red or yellow)

I'm also looking for new varieties of winter squash to try.
I've tried butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash and would like to try others.

any other herbs/veggies that anyone would be willing to share.

thanks!
Barbi

o

What a great way of doing this! I have some extras that I could put in. Just let me know where to send them.
Thanks, Dian

o
Latest Compiled Wishlists

Here is the latest compilation of newbie wishlists.....

landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other trees and shrubs

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies

faerieannette - Zone 7

White flowers
Hostas

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

sciencelady - Zone 6

Liriopee particularly variegated ones but happy for any
Tradescantia (widow's tears/spiderwort)
Lobelia
Monarda
Columbine
Primrose
Polemonium
Huechera
Agastache
Salvia
Impatiens
Rose Campion

midlandsgardner - Zone 7

Perennials for sun including:
Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

dryad58 - Zone Wyoming

Anything OTHER than:
california poppies, lambs ear, gaura, various sedums,
one type of purple penstemon, columbines,
sea campion, snapdragons and cosmo

wrichard - Zone 5 NH

Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

woodsygal - Zone 5a

Any seeds that can be wintersown for Z5
Callendula's
Delphinium
Larkspur
Columbine
Would love to try new flowers

evilei - Zone 6

Anything fragrant
Browallia
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Vines

wvjoy72 - Zone 5

Any heirloom varieties
of flowers or vegetables.
Passion for preserving the heirlooms.

newbieroselover - Zone 5

Globe thistle
Sea holly
Artemisia
Lavender Cotton
any Euphorbias, especially Cushion Spurge
'Winter Red' Winterberry
Nandina
Cimifuga, esp. dark leaved ones like 'Brunette'
Rose Campion
Maltese Cross
'Husker Red' Penstemon
Rodgersia
Sea Kale/Colewort/Crambe cordifolia
Miscanthus
Variegated grasses, esp. Japanese Blood Grass and Prairie Cord Grass
Sambucus, esp. Sutherland Gold and Black Beauty
Bloody Dock

strmywthr3 - Zone 5

Bee Balm (any)
Russian Sage
Dill
Cosmos - esp orange
Siberian Wallflower (orange)
Pear Tomatoes (red or yellow)

New varieties of winter squash
other than:
Butternut
Acorn
Spaghetti

Any other Herbs/Veggies

o

Hi! I'm in Placerville, California (Sierra foothills) and would appreciate any flower and herb seeds. Thanks so much!

o

Hi WebKat!
so nice of you to do this :))

I have lots of seeds to share:
single holly hocks
Joe Pye Weed
Monarda
cleome
nigella
amaranths
and on and on...
If you will send me your address, I will get a bunch out to you..I will try to mark 'newbie names' on some of them too..

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Linda in Louisville

o

Hi WebKat,
I will send you a bubble envelope of many varieties of seeds for the newbies and you can decide who gets what. You will have your hands full with all the sorting and deciding. The mail carrier will wonder what you are up to. This is a nice Christmas present to welcome the newbies. Thanks for being so generous. Blessings to you.
Tina

o

I just discovered the forum in September, so I'm a newbie. I don't need any more seeds, thanks to the generosity of folks on the forum. But, I have been collecting seeds from my yard and and from here and there. Please note that my seeds are NOT from winter sown plants and they are open pollinated. I'd be happy to share:
• datura (moonflower, white, lemony scent)
• Rose of Sharon (white blossom with pale lilac-pink accents)
• crape myrtle (burgundy, pink, white)
• plain green hosta
• mystery shrub -- covered with clusters of red berries -- I think it's deciduous holly or crabapple but don't know for sure
• wild dogwood

On some seeds (hosta, datura, crape myrtle I have a lot of seeds. On others such as dogwood, I have only a few. So, depending on the seed, I won't be able to always follow the rule of 24 seeds or 1/4 teaspoonful. But, what I have are yours to distribute to other newbies. Just let me know where to send them.

Thanks,
Barbara in Virginia

o

I am simply in awe of the turnout we have generated!

I have to say, it appears as though GardenWebbers are some of the most generous people on the planet!!

We still have room for some additional newbies and have 10 days remaining until the deadline.

3 Cheers for the Veterans!!!!
•••••

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!
Hip, Hip Hooray!!
Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!!!!

o

Hi, I'm a newbie and would love to recieve some seeds from the generous people here....
My wish list:
thunbergia vine (susie, sunrise, or white)
moon vine
hostas
astilbe
hellebore
statice
german statice
russian sage
lavender
gomphrena
baby's breath
strawberries (are they appropriate for wsing?)
Thanks so much.....garden mama

o

Hi, WebKat. This is a wonderful thing you are doing! I am a neebie to GW. I have many seeds but only in very small quantities so I have been unable to trade. I have a very large family so I never have enough money to buy many different varieties. We also moved this year before my garden went into seed. My wishlist:
Lavenders- any
Heirloom veggies, esp. tomatoes
Poppies- Breadseed and pink ones
Basil- African Blue and Red Rubin
Columbine
Wisteria
Mint- Chocolate, Orange, Pineapple, Lavender, etc...
Pineapple Sage
Thyme- Lemon
Toadflax
Sweet Pea- heirloom
Campanula
Nicotiana
Mignonette
Datura
Foxglove
Hollyhock- single heirloom
Cup & Saucer Vine
But I will greatly appreciate and be happy with anything!

o

Hi. A Newbie here that would love to get even a small amount of any of the following:

Gentiana septemfida--Alpine Summer Gentian
Ipomoea quamoclit--Cypress Vine
Kitaibelia vitifolia--Cedar Cup
Malva sylvestris Zebrina--Striped Malva
Nemophila menziesii--Penny Black
Perilla frutescens nankinensis--Aka Shiso
Trollius europaeus--Globeflower
Viola x williamsii--Red Flame Angel Viola
Ixiolirion tartaricum—Tartar Lily
Heuchera 'Helen Dillon'—Coral Bells
Heuchera 'Vesuvius'—Coral Bells

Ohh, and any kinds of ornamental kale. These are so pretty.

I hope I got the names right, as most of these were found on seed websites that I had not yet placed orders on...my DH might have a fit if I buy too many seeds at once, LOL. But really, I would enjoy anything that might do well in my zone and climate (dry, hot, dry, hot, dry, dry, dry). The less I have to water the better.

TIA, Sam

o
Oops!

Oops! I wasn't paying attention and I put neebie instead of newbie. LOL

o

Well, after conversing with my P.O., they are opting to hold all of the packages addressed to me. This will be much better for my mailbox and the seeds!! We are having some pretty extreme cold here (single digits) and it wouldn't take much for the seeds to freeze. Sooooo......yea!!

We still have room for more Newbies and other Veterans who would like to purge those extras!!

This is awesome!!! Can't wait to beging "filling the stockings"!

WebKat5

o

WebKat5,

I'm happy to contribute a big assortment of seeds. Address?

Laura

o

Hi Webkat =)

I have 50+ packets set aside for your newbies =) I will add to this stash over the next week and send by next Monday!

Shannon aka Garden Witch

o

Sheesh....I was once blonde and you can tell because I posted the following on the other post....

Ok...my name is Lisa, and I am a newbie....I've been buying more seeds than I ought...but I'd like some rudebekia "goldsturm", and some columbines...partricularly canadiensis which got left back in CT. Thanks!

I have lots of sun. Lots and lots of sun...Just a little shade...

o

I am a newbie and would love to join this fabulous swap. Thank you WebKat for putting this together.

My wish list:

Anything that will do well in zone 8
any kind of vine
any kind of mint
datura
brugmansia
sea holly
thunbergia
coleus
Painted tongue - royal chocolate
Anything chocolate (I'm putting in a chocolate garden). Either chocolate in the name or the color reminds of chocolate of it smells like chocolate.
Anything anyone would like to share.

Thanks again, Brenda

o

• • • • •
OK...I have e-mailed and sent my address to all Newbies and Veterans (who have signed up).

If for some reason, you have not received an e-mail from me and have signed up here, please let me know!!
• • • • •

Thanks!

WebKat5

o

Hey Kathy,
You already know how good I am at keeping things straight,
LOL:>) I'm going to send you as many seeds as I can and let you figure out the right person to send them to!!!
PaddleHike got her pkg, said the B. lindleyana was "sad".
I hope we can give all these newbies a good start on a future full of beautiful flowers!
Sharon

o

hi Im a newbi would love to join in too.Love to grow food and flowers anything that would grow in zone 5.Would love anything ! thanks and happy holidays!!Angela

o

I might be as new as a newbie comes. I have lurked since September, and finally registered this past weekend. My daughers co-worker finally convinced me this is a place for me and that I will love it. Yep, this is the first posting I have participated in and just the beginning of what I see as a wonderful experience.

Webcat and all GW'rs, if possible I would love to partake in the seed exchange for newbies. I declare myself a Newbie!! I don't have a wants list established on GW site but I (as you suggested) will list some of my wants. However, anyway I look at it, I would love to try anything, since this will also be my first year to try Winter Sowing!!

Wants -
Perennials -
-Red Baneberry, Snakeberry
-Anemone 'Alba'
-Anemone 'Tomentaosa' (grapeleaf)
-Armeria - Common Thrift
-Eryrgium - Rattlesnake Master
-Eryrgium - Amethyst Sea Holly
-Caltha - Marsh Marigold
-Helenium Lollipop
-Phlomis Russeliana - Jerulalem Sage
-Pholx - Tall garden variety
-Primula - Drumstick Primrose
-Tridescantia - Spiderwort
-anything, whatever is shared will be GRAND!!
- Annuals -
-Lunaria
-Nasturiums
-Lobelia
-Primula
-Coleus
-Nemesia
-anything, whatever is shared will be MUCH Appreciated!!

I apoogize for having such a huge list. As a newbie I am very much appreciative to everyone's efforts in this generous offer and any of the treasured seeds that are sent my way will be welcomed whole heartly. I plan to share with mom (71). She won't use computer so she can't join in on this fun herself, but she will be joining in on the fun with me!!

Webcat - I will send you an email with my mailing address and please forward me yours and I will get you a SASBE. Let me know how many stamps too, to toss in the SASBE.

Thanks again to all
Dot - dotties_place

This will be the best Xmas-New Years present ever!!!

o

Updated Wishlist compilation:

landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other trees and shrubs

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies

faerieannette - Zone 7

White flowers
Hostas

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

sciencelady - Zone 6

Lobelia
Monarda
Columbine
Primrose
Polemonium
Huechera
Agastache
Salvia
Impatiens
Rose Campion

midlandsgardner - Zone 7

Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

dryad58 - Zone Wyoming

Anything OTHER than:

wrichard - Zone 5 NH

Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

woodsygal - Zone 5a

Callendula's
Delphinium
Larkspur
Columbine

evilei - Zone 6

Anything fragrant
Browallia
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Vines

wvjoy72 - Zone 5

Any heirloom varieties

newbieroselover - Zone 5

Globe thistle
Sea holly
Artemisia
Lavender Cotton
'Winter Red' Winterberry
Nandina
Rose Campion
Maltese Cross
'Husker Red' Penstemon
Rodgersia
Miscanthus
Bloody Dock

strmywthr3 - Zone 5

Bee Balm (any)
Russian Sage
Dill
Cosmos - esp orange

New varieties of Winter Squash
other than:
Butternut
Acorn
Spaghetti

Any other Herbs/Veggies

margobears - Zone 9

Any flowers and herbs.

gardenmama_KS - Zone 5

Thunbergia vine (susie, sunrise, or white)
Moon vine
Hostas
Astilbe
Hellebore
Statice
German Statice
Russian Sage
Lavender
Gomphrena
Baby's Breath
Strawberries

vcukittykat - Zone 8b

Lavenders - any
Columbine
Wisteria
Pineapple Sage
Thyme- Lemon
Toadflax
Sweet Pea- heirloom
Campanula
Nicotiana
Mignonette
Datura
Foxglove
Cup & Saucer Vine
Would "greatly appreciate and be happy with anything!"

psymbiosis - Zone 7

Even a small amount of any of the following:
Any kinds of Ornamental Kale.

michigoose - Zone 5

Gets lots of sun
Rudbekia 'Goldsturm'
Columbines...particularly canadiensis

barefoot_in_Texas - Zone 8

Any kind of vine
Any kind of mint
Datura
Brugmansia
Sea Holly
Thunbergia
Coleus
Painted Tongue (Salpiglossis) - Royal Chocolate
Anything chocolate (I'm putting in a chocolate garden).
Either chocolate in the name or the color reminds of chocolate of it smells like chocolate.

ladybug_05 - Zone 5

Anything for Zone 5
Any food
Any flowers
Would love anything!

Dotties_Place - Zone 4

Perennials
Red Baneberry, Snakeberry
Anemone 'Alba'
Anemone 'Tomentaosa' (grapeleaf)
Armeria - Common Thrift
Eryrgium - Rattlesnake Master
Eryrgium - Amethyst Sea Holly
Caltha - Marsh Marigold
Helenium Lollipop
Phlomis Russeliana - Jerulalem Sage
Pholx - Tall garden variety
Primula - Drumstick Primrose
Tridescantia - Spiderwort
Anything, whatever is shared will be GRAND!!

Annuals
Lunaria
Nasturiums
Lobelia
Primula
Coleus
Nemesia
Anything, whatever is shared will be MUCH Appreciated!!
Will treasure seeds and share with Mom!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yup, I am staying organized!! 9 days remain until the newbie deadline!!!
Everyone should have received an e-mail with instructions, if not, let me know.

WebKat5

o

WebKat5,
You and all the other veterans are sooo awesome!!! My wish list is not long or particular - anything any shade of purple; drought, heat tolerant.
Thanks for all of the work you are doing to help us get started!
Have a good one!
Ann

o

I've got an envie going out to you today WebKat. Hope you newbies enjoy all your new seeds, and that they grow great for you next year!

~ZoeGurl2001

o

Well, I am officially snowed in today!!!

Sooooo....I thought I would use some of my free time today to set up some individual folders (with wish list attached) for each newbie and then start sorting the seeds that have already arrived.

Wow! I still can't believe how wonderful and generous all of the veteran seed traders are!! My chin is on the floor!

o

Hi all,
I'm a newbie. I've never WS'd anything and am almost afraid to! I would love to learn from all of you the secrets behind WSing successfully. As for seeds, I'm looking for just a few:

- Campanula
- Heliopsis
- English delphinums
- Salvia (clary)
- Sundrops (tall variety, sorry, I forget the name!)
- Butterfly weed
- Columbine (any yellow variety)
- Larkspur
- Poppies (any kind)

Thank you so much for your kindness and generosity.

Evelyn

o

Hi! A new garden friend I made (DirtySC8) :) directed me to here! I currently have been making some seed trades the last few months but have never attempted to grow any yet...DirtySC8 has shown me some wonderful advice for winter-sowing and I am very interested in doing this. This will be my first for any seeds. I would love very much to be included in receiving any seeds that would be good to winter-sow for my very cold zone 5 area. Just a few different varieties would be nice since I do not have alot of yard space to use. Thanks so much!

o

I did some resarch and has soem recomendatiosn by other gardeners. I have some names of things that I would like...

Polemonium
Rodgersia nepalensis
Nepeta
Incarvillea 'Snowtop'
Heuchera
Hesperis
Francoa
White Poppies

thanks!

Annette

o

Hi All,
I have been lurking forever in the orchid section but am really new to seeds. I just bought a house with a big yard and would love to fill it to the brim with flowers and herbs! I have sunny, semi-shady, and shady spots to put seeds in, I love fragrant flowers and vines (no morning glories or ivies please! They grow like weeds in my soil and choke out everything else!) I am so excited about this round robin as it would have cost me hundreds to buy seeds to plant in my barren garden! Thank you so much to everyone who gave seeds, I hope to reciprocate once I have seeds collected! Here are some plants I absolutely love although anything is welcome at this point in time:
Daturas
Marigolds
Poppies
Lilies
Irises (don't quite know if these come in seeds)
Herbs of any kind
Gazinias
Gerber daisies
Hollyhocks
Gladiolas
Calendula
Hostas
Sweet peas
Cone Flowers
Love in a mist
Nasturtiums
Anyway, you get the idea, I LOVE LOVE LOVE flowers! Thanks again and happy holidays!

o

•••••ANNOUNCEMENTS•••••

First:

Everyone should have received an e-mail from me with my address and instructions.
If you have not, for some reason, please, please, please e-mail me or leave a message here.

Second:

I am confirming the following arrivals:
Veteran packs received: Ronald, diggindirt_Z5, docmom

Thanks so much, you guys are awesome!!

Newbie SASBE received: kudzu9
I am going to begin stuffing your envelope!!

I will update here from time to time and then when the Newbie envelopes are ready to be "loaded onto Santa's sleigh" (the post holiday shift ;o) ), I will send a mass e-mail to all of you!!

HO, HO, HO!!!!!

WebKat5

We are all going to get through this, yes we are!! LOL!

o

Hi I am a newbie here at GW and to gardening. We recently lost all ours palnts, bushes, and trees to Hurricane Rita.We would greatly appreciate any items to help facelift our yard. Zone 8b-9a. Please count me in.

o

I'm a newbie that would love to participate. I'm hoping by spring that our new house will be finish so I'm going to have LOTS of room for new plants. :D Hopefully by this time next year I can become a donor since now I know to gather seeds.

My wish list
hosta
astilbe
heuchera
blue fescue or other ornamental grass
coleus
dusty miller (will this WS?)
basil
creeping thyme
wave petunias
salvia
moon flowers
black eyed susans or coneflowers

Thanks so much for doing this! Just the thought of being able to WS has been keeping me going lately.

o

WebKat5...I havn't received an e-mail with an address...could you please try again? Thanks!

o

•••••ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT•••••

First:

I have attached the latest updated compilation of Newbie Wish Lists...see below.

Second:

Veteran packs received: Ronald, diggindirt_Z5, docmom, phyleux

Newbie SASBE received: kudzu9, IBelieve
I am going to begin stuffing your envelopes!!

And again, I will update here from time to time and then when the Newbie envelopes are ready to be "loaded onto Santa's sleigh" (the post holiday shift ;o) ), I will send a mass e-mail to all of you!!

HO, HO, HO!!!!!

WebKat5

Newbie Wish List Compilation:

landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other trees and shrubs

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies

faerieannette - Zone 7

White flowers
Hostas
Polemonium
Rodgersia nepalensis
Nepeta
Incarvillea 'Snowtop'
Heuchera
Hesperis
Francoa
White Poppies

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

sciencelady - Zone 6

Lobelia
Monarda
Columbine
Primrose
Polemonium
Huechera
Agastache
Salvia
Impatiens
Rose Campion

midlandsgardner - Zone 7

Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

dryad58 - Zone Wyoming

Anything OTHER than:

wrichard - Zone 5 NH

Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

woodsygal - Zone 5a

Callendula's
Delphinium
Larkspur
Columbine

evilei - Zone 6

Anything fragrant
Browallia
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Vines

wvjoy72 - Zone 5

Any heirloom varieties

newbieroselover - Zone 5

Globe thistle
Sea holly
Artemisia
Lavender Cotton
'Winter Red' Winterberry
Nandina
Rose Campion
Maltese Cross
'Husker Red' Penstemon
Rodgersia
Miscanthus
Bloody Dock

strmywthr3 - Zone 5

Bee Balm (any)
Russian Sage
Dill
Cosmos - esp orange

other than:
Butternut
Acorn
Spaghetti

Any other Herbs/Veggies

margobears - Zone 9

Any flowers and herbs.

gardenmama_KS - Zone 5

Moon vine
Hostas
Astilbe
Hellebore
Statice
German Statice
Russian Sage
Lavender
Gomphrena
Baby's Breath
Strawberries

vcukittykat - Zone 8b

Lavenders - any
Columbine
Wisteria
Pineapple Sage
Thyme- Lemon
Toadflax
Sweet Pea- heirloom
Campanula
Nicotiana
Mignonette
Datura
Foxglove
Cup & Saucer Vine

psymbiosis - Zone 7

michigoose - Zone 5

Gets lots of sun
Rudbekia 'Goldsturm'

Any kind of vine
Any kind of mint
Datura
Brugmansia
Sea Holly
Thunbergia
Coleus
Either chocolate in the name or the color reminds of chocolate of it smells like chocolate.

ladybug_05 - Zone 5

Anything for Zone 5
Any food
Any flowers
Would love anything!

Dotties_Place - Zone 4

Perennials
-Anemone 'Alba'
-Armeria - Common Thrift
-Caltha - Marsh Marigold
-Helenium Lollipop
-Anything, whatever is shared will be GRAND!!

Annuals
-Lunaria
-Nasturiums
-Lobelia
-Primula
-Coleus
-Nemesia

gibsona - Zone 7 - TX

Anything any shade of purple
Anything drought or heat tolerant

bellarosa - Zone 4-5

Campanula
Heliopsis
English Delphinums
Salvia (Clary)
Sundrops (tall Oenothera)
Butterfly Weed
Columbine (any yellow variety)
Larkspur
Poppies (any kind)

breeze03 - Zone 5a

Those for winter sowing
Perennials
Heavy blooming annuals
Loves Red and White flowers
Heavy fragrance
Peppers
Vines

flowerpixie - Zone 8

Daturas
Marigolds
Poppies
Lilies
Herbs of any kind
Gazinias
Gerber daisies
Hollyhocks
Gladiolas
Calendula
Hostas
Sweet peas
Cone Flowers
Love in a mist
Nasturtiums

schmily - Zone 6

Hosta
Astilbe
Heuchera
Blue fescue or other Ornamental Grass
Coleus
Dusty Miller (will this WS?)
Basil
Creeping Thyme
Wave Petunias
Salvia
Moon Flowers
Black Eyed Susans or Coneflowers

luvdragonflies - Zone 8b-9a

I still need your e-mail address!! Thanks, WebKat5

Lost all plants, etc...to Hurricane Rita
Needs:
Plants
Bushes
Trees

o

Hi..I would like to join also. I am a fairly new newbie. The vines and plants I did have are gone with Hurricane Katrina. This sounds like fun. :-) I would appreciate anything anyone would like to share with me. I live in south Mississippi zone 8.

These are a few things that I like but really would like any thing.

Passion Flower vine
air potato vine (mine got flattened by trees)
Cypress vine
any vine
banana seeds
bamboo seeds
ormamental grasses
castor bean red or green
clematis vine (any color)
sea holly
lily of the nile
angel trumpets
datura
candle stick bush
black eyed susan vine (thunbergia)
yarrow any colors
echinacea (coneflower)
globe amaranth
nasturtium
love-in-a-mist if it will grow in zone 8
zinnias

I don't expect to receive all of these but just thought I would give an idea of some of the things I like. I would love any and all that was shared with me.

Thank you!!
Deb

o

Webcat (Kathy)

You are doing a wonderful gift to many with this newbie give away! I was new last year to seed collecting and sowing, and was helped by many (you inclueded) with seeds to get me started and helped again this year by many GW'rs when I lost a lot of my garden to a hail storm. My sister just sent up another collection of seeds from her co-workers in Kansas and I would love to send them in. I see things on some newbies list that they would fit their wish! Please send me your mailing info.

Many bloooms to everyone!!
Sandy (sandysgardens)

o

Hi I would also like to join, I am also not new to gw but new to trying to grow stuff from seeds =) I dont really have to many particular things I want. Thanks so much for doing this.

Kristin

Any Herbs
Any Veggies
any flowers
any plants really
pumpkins
Sunflowers
passion flower
strawberries or any berries
lavender
mint (any)
basil (any)
any fruit

o
RE: NEW: Adopt-A-Newbie!!! updated seed want list

Hi everyone,
I just bought a large quantity of small planters,perfect size for starting flowers.Any flower seeds would be greatly appreciated,along with instructions for harvesting seeds to pass around next year.I promise to plant all seeds sent.
Thank you,
Pete

o

•••••UPDATED ANNOUNCEMENT•••••
Deadline for posting in 4 days!!

First:

I have attached the latest updated compilation of Newbie Wish Lists...see below.

Also, I am going to be "off-line" for the next two days, until late Monday evening.
I will be cramming for a final and you probably won't hear from me. :o)

Second:

Veteran packs received: Ronald, diggindirt_Z5, docmom, phyleux

Newbie SASBE received: kudzu9, IBelieve, danaoh, midlandsgardener
I am stuffing your envelopes!!

And to repeat, I will update here from time to time and then when the Newbie envelopes are ready to be "loaded onto Santa's sleigh" (the post holiday shift ;o) ), I will send a mass e-mail to all of you!!

HO, HO, HO!!!!!

WebKat5

Newbie Wish List Compilation:

landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other Trees and Shrubs
Any Flower Seeds

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies

faerieannette - Zone 7

White flowers
Hostas
Polemonium
Rodgersia nepalensis
Nepeta
Incarvillea 'Snowtop'
Heuchera
Hesperis
Francoa
White Poppies

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

sciencelady - Zone 6

Lobelia
Monarda
Columbine
Primrose
Polemonium
Huechera
Agastache
Salvia
Impatiens
Rose Campion

midlandsgardner - Zone 7

Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

dryad58 - Zone Wyoming

Anything OTHER than:

wrichard - Zone 5 NH

Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

woodsygal - Zone 5a

Callendula's
Delphinium
Larkspur
Columbine

evilei - Zone 6

Anything fragrant
Browallia
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Vines

wvjoy72 - Zone 5

Any heirloom varieties

newbieroselover - Zone 5

Globe thistle
Sea holly
Artemisia
Lavender Cotton
'Winter Red' Winterberry
Nandina
Rose Campion
Maltese Cross
'Husker Red' Penstemon
Rodgersia
Miscanthus
Bloody Dock

strmywthr3 - Zone 5

Bee Balm (any)
Russian Sage
Dill
Cosmos - esp orange

other than:
Butternut
Acorn
Spaghetti

Any other Herbs/Veggies

margobears - Zone 9

Any flowers and herbs.

gardenmama_KS - Zone 5

Moon vine
Hostas
Astilbe
Hellebore
Statice
German Statice
Russian Sage
Lavender
Gomphrena
Baby's Breath
Strawberries

vcukittykat - Zone 8b

Lavenders - any
Columbine
Wisteria
Pineapple Sage
Thyme- Lemon
Toadflax
Sweet Pea- heirloom
Campanula
Nicotiana
Mignonette
Datura
Foxglove
Cup & Saucer Vine

psymbiosis - Zone 7

michigoose - Zone 5

Gets lots of sun
Rudbekia 'Goldsturm'

Any kind of vine
Any kind of mint
Datura
Brugmansia
Sea Holly
Thunbergia
Coleus

ladybug_05 - Zone 5

Anything for Zone 5
Any food
Any flowers
Would love anything!

Dotties_Place - Zone 4

Perennials
-Anemone 'Alba'
-Armeria - Common Thrift
-Caltha - Marsh Marigold
-Helenium Lollipop

Annuals
-Lunaria
-Nasturiums
-Lobelia
-Primula
-Coleus
-Nemesia

gibsona - Zone 7 - TX

bellarosa - Zone 4-5

Campanula
Heliopsis
English Delphinums
Salvia (Clary)
Butterfly Weed
Larkspur
Poppies (any kind)

breeze03 - Zone 5a

Those for winter sowing
Perennials
Heavy blooming annuals
Heavy fragrance
Peppers
Vines

flowerpixie - Zone 8

Daturas
Marigolds
Poppies
Lilies
Herbs of any kind
Gazinias
Gerber daisies
Hollyhocks
Gladiolas
Calendula
Hostas
Sweet peas
Cone Flowers
Love in a mist
Nasturtiums

schmily - Zone 6

Hosta
Astilbe
Heuchera
Coleus
Basil
Creeping Thyme
Wave Petunias
Salvia
Moon Flowers

I still need her e-mail address...not sure if she is confirming participation......

Needs:
Plants
Bushes
Trees

bean_pod - Zone 8

Passion Flower Vine
Air Potato Vine (mine got flattened by trees)
Cypress Vine
Any Vine
Banana seeds
Bamboo seeds
Ormamental Grasses
Castor Bean Red or Green
Clematis Vine (any color)
Sea Holly
Lily of the Nile
Angel Trumpets
Datura
Candle Stick Bush
Black Eyed Susan Vine (Thunbergia)
Yarrow any colors
Echinacea (Coneflower)
Globe Amaranth
Nasturtium
Love-in-a-Mist if it will grow in zone 8
Zinnias

Kryta - Zone 5

Any Herbs
Any Veggies
Any Flowers
Any Plants really
Pumpkins
Sunflowers
Passion Flower
Strawberries or any Berries
Lavender
Mint (any)
Basil (any)
Any Fruit

For all of you, if you still have not received my mailing information/instructions, please post here. I have been having a little trouble with some e-mail addresses being full or messages getting returned. Thanks!!

o
RE: I'm just waiting to send my seeds...

until the newbie sign-up date has passed...

I want to be able to pass along seeds to as many fledgling gardeners as I can!!

Best to all,
Cheryl

o

Webcat...
I would like to join. I am a newbie to wintersowing. I have some seeds but the only thing I have enough of to share is black hollyhocks.
My wish list:
poppies- breadseed, any
lirope- varigated
daylilies
heliotrope-Marine or any
clematis-any
Shade plants
agastache
Alliums
callendulas
popcorn
small yellow tomatoes(the size of cherry tomatoes)
Any of these would be ok.
Thanks Pauletta

o

im kind of a newbie
vegetables
moon flower vine
passion flower
cup n saucer vine
yucca
vines just not invasive
i need something for the side that flowers,it never sees sun
also flowers for a semi shaded area
ornamental kale
hubbard squash
really big pumpkin just a few
any seeds would be great and anything that is different
thank you all for sharing i will be sharing next year also and to all a merry christmas
shelly

o

Hi Kat, I think we have traded before. Not exactly a newbie, avid gardener, and once worked in a specialty greenhouse in New Orleans where we grew 90% from seed, lots of open pollinated and heirloom. Totally wiped out by Katrina. Closed on a house here in North Georgia yesterday (hubbies dream), leave for N.O. sometime next week to rip out mouldy plaster! Need everyhing and everything that might grow in zone 7a. Email me the address to send my SASE. This will be a godsend, Hope to have small greenhouse up by January. New email is kientz1000@earthlink

o

hello trying gardening for the first time would love some seeds for me and my mom she loves flowers.so hear is are list red egg plant,black ,purple ,white tomatoes,bowl gourds,tomatiols,angel trumpets,datura ,nicotina,daisys-blue,moon flowers,morning glorys any,mellons,broom corm,large pumpken,fox glove,russian sage,castor beans red or pink.sweet corn,popcorn,indain corn.thanks!!!

o

Hello everyone, I am a newbie as several of my posts earlier this fall indicated. I have gathered and purchased a moderate amount of seed for year one, so not looking for all of your wonderfull and gracious offers of additional seeds. My success/failure rate will certainly help determine how to adjust my seed gathering next year. But certainly speaking for all the newbies, this WS community is oh so generous and most of all FUN. It's getting so close to sowing time and I just can't wait. Good Luck to all and HAPPY SOWLIDAYS :).

o

I am not really new to Gradenweb but new to winter sowing, does that count. I dont normally start things from seed but want some Arborvitae 'Green Giant' trees and the are so expensive I decided to try it. And then of course I found the winter sowing forum and was hooked from there...lol
I would like to have any kind of Hardy Hibiscus seed, and some ground cover seeds for a bare bank in my front yard.
Pat

o

Newbie here. I just picked up some seeds on ebay so I will be able to make a contribution to the group. I am looking for flowers that attract hummingbirds for mom. Dill and parsley for mom. Wave petunia in lavender,purple,burgandy,salmon,or peach for me. Regarding the bubble envelopes, are 6"x9" OK? This site is da bomb!

o

Hey, Webkat.

How new do you have to be? I started in August and recently got burned on a large trade so my collection for next spring was almost used up. Do you think I could get in on this RR? If not it's ok...there will be others that are tempting.

I just had a member who was very genrous with her seeds so I have some extras I could contribute to the pot also. As you may remember from our previous trades I'm not picky with my choices but any black flowers or black foliage seeds would be highly prized by me right now.

LMK.

MBT

o

It's my first year winter sowing, but I think I have some extras to contribute. Everyone has been so generous with me in my first season of trading that I would like to pay it forward!

Please send me the addy to send the seeds in, we've traded before webkat, and I'm happy to help out.

Jenny

o

Hi Webkat, I'm not new to gardening but new to gw. I am new to growing from seed and would love to be included in this. This is so great what you all are doing, I'm not picky and would be happy with just about anything that grows in Zone 7. I especially like

hosta
datura
brugmansia
any heirloom seeds
vegetables
english daisies
shasta daisies
would appreciate anything

o

Whew....Look at all the Newbies!!! This is great!!!
Welcome everyone!!

I will post the last compilation at around midnight on the deadline for posting (Dec. 15th)....

Here is the latest compilation of Newbie Wish Lists:

landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other Trees and Shrubs
Any Flower Seeds

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies

faerieannette - Zone 7

White flowers
Hostas
Polemonium
Rodgersia nepalensis
Nepeta
Incarvillea 'Snowtop'
Heuchera
Hesperis
Francoa
White Poppies

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

sciencelady - Zone 6

Lobelia
Monarda
Columbine
Primrose
Polemonium
Huechera
Agastache
Salvia
Impatiens
Rose Campion

midlandsgardner - Zone 7

Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

dryad58 - Zone Wyoming

Anything OTHER than:

wrichard - Zone 5 NH

Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

woodsygal - Zone 5a

Callendula's
Delphinium
Larkspur
Columbine

evilei - Zone 6

Anything fragrant
Browallia
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Vines

wvjoy72 - Zone 5

Any heirloom varieties

newbieroselover - Zone 5

Globe thistle
Sea holly
Artemisia
Lavender Cotton
'Winter Red' Winterberry
Nandina
Rose Campion
Maltese Cross
'Husker Red' Penstemon
Rodgersia
Miscanthus
Bloody Dock

strmywthr3 - Zone 5

Bee Balm (any)
Russian Sage
Dill
Cosmos - esp orange

other than:
Butternut
Acorn
Spaghetti

Any other Herbs/Veggies

margobears - Zone 9

Any flowers and herbs.

gardenmama_KS - Zone 5

Moon vine
Hostas
Astilbe
Hellebore
Statice
German Statice
Russian Sage
Lavender
Gomphrena
Baby's Breath
Strawberries

vcukittykat - Zone 8b

Lavenders - any
Columbine
Wisteria
Pineapple Sage
Thyme- Lemon
Toadflax
Sweet Pea- heirloom
Campanula
Nicotiana
Mignonette
Datura
Foxglove
Cup & Saucer Vine

psymbiosis - Zone 7

michigoose - Zone 5

Gets lots of sun
Rudbekia 'Goldsturm'

Any kind of vine
Any kind of mint
Datura
Brugmansia
Sea Holly
Thunbergia
Coleus

ladybug_05 - Zone 5

Anything for Zone 5
Any food
Any flowers
Would love anything!

Dotties_Place - Zone 4

Perennials
-Anemone 'Alba'
-Armeria - Common Thrift
-Caltha - Marsh Marigold
-Helenium Lollipop

Annuals
-Lunaria
-Nasturiums
-Lobelia
-Primula
-Coleus
-Nemesia

gibsona - Zone 7 - TX

bellarosa - Zone 4-5

Campanula
Heliopsis
English Delphinums
Salvia (Clary)
Butterfly Weed
Larkspur
Poppies (any kind)

breeze03 - Zone 5a

Those for winter sowing
Perennials
Heavy blooming annuals
Heavy fragrance
Peppers
Vines

flowerpixie - Zone 8

Daturas
Marigolds
Poppies
Lilies
Herbs of any kind
Gazinias
Gerber daisies
Hollyhocks
Gladiolas
Calendula
Hostas
Sweet peas
Cone Flowers
Love in a mist
Nasturtiums

schmily - Zone 6

Hosta
Astilbe
Heuchera
Coleus
Basil
Creeping Thyme
Wave Petunias
Salvia
Moon Flowers

Still no response to the two e-mails I have sent via GW....don't think she is participating.....

Needs:
Plants
Bushes
Trees

bean_pod - Zone 8

Passion Flower Vine
Cypress Vine
Any Vine
Banana seeds
Bamboo seeds
Ormamental Grasses
Castor Bean Red or Green
Sea Holly
Lily of the Nile
Angel Trumpets
Datura
Candle Stick Bush
Yarrow any colors
Echinacea (Coneflower)
Globe Amaranth
Nasturtium
Zinnias

Kryta - Zone 5

Any Herbs
Any Veggies
Any Flowers
Any Plants really
Pumpkins
Sunflowers
Passion Flower
Lavender
Mint (any)
Basil (any)
Any Fruit

JoyceKy1 - Zone 6

Poppies - Breadseed, any
Lirope- Varigated
Daylilies
Heliotrope-Marine or any
Clematis - any
Shade Plants
Agastache
Alliums
Callendulas
Popcorn
Cherry Tomatoes - Yellow

lil_greenthumb - Zone 5

Vegetables
Moon Flower Vine
Passion Flower
Cup n Saucer Vine
Yucca
Vines (non-invasive)
Flowers for total shade?
Flowers for a semi-shaded area
Ornamental Kale
Hubbard Squash
really big Pumpkin just a few

good2grow - Zone 7a

Wiped out by Katrina
Moved North
Would appreciate anything
and everything!

patblair - Zone 6

Any Hardy Hibiscus
Any Ground Cover seeds

garden _ worm40 - Zone 5

Flowers
Red Eggplant
Black, Purple, White Tomatoes
Bowl gourds
Tomatillos
Angel Trumpets
Datura
Nicotina
Daisys-blue
Moon Flowers
Morning Glorys any
Mellons
Broom Corn
Large Pumpken
Fox Glove
Russian Sage
Castor Beans red or pink
Sweet Corn
Popcorn
Indian Corn

quicksilver - Zone 5

Flowers that attract hummingbirds for Mom
Dill and Parsley for Mom
Wave Petunia in lavender,purple,
burgandy,salmon,or peach

MrBrownThumb - Zone 5

I'm not picky with my choices.
Any black flowers or black foliage seeds
would be highly prized!

bamarose1 - Zone 7

hosta
datura
brugmansia
any heirloom seeds
vegetables
english daisies
shasta daisies
would appreciate anything

•••••••••••••••••••••

Whew!!

WebKat5

o

I'd like to add my name if I might...I'm new to sharing seed,and would like a few,if someone can share some.I can't figure out how to make a list of what I have to offer,as the journal seems to get me nowhere...so I'll just post...sorry,I just don't know how to do it properly.
I have...hollyhocks,and giant marigolds....
I'd like...lavender,dill,rosemary,and anything that might thrive in my almost totally sunny yard. I do veggie gardens also,thank you very much. Happy Holidays to all!!

o

•••••Oh Boy! Yet ANOTHER ANNOUNCEMENT•••••

Yeaaaaa!! My final has been taken and my class is now over!!

Just talked to the P.O. and they said they have a couple BAGS
of packages waiting there for me!! Aaaaak!!

Guess I better get my hiney over there!!
I will update the arrivals here when I can go through them all and log them in....

One other thing....
some of the vets have offered to allow me to keep some of the seeds.
While this is a wonderful gesture,
and one I most sincerely appreciate :o)....
I currently have over 500 different types and need more seeds
like I need another hole in my head!! LOL!
I will continue to trade with those searching for specific items that I have,
but in need of seeds, I am not....it's all for the Newbies!!
Yipee!!!! Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!

WebKat5

o

HI all :o0

I sure can't be called a newbie either to GW nor gardening in general. I am however back to square one. My home was in St.Bernard Parish, what you can think of as a burb of New Orleans. Yep when I say starting over I mean all over. I am happy to say that while I did lose my home and all within both my wife and I are well. We are also most lucky in that the house that I had been building (with my own two hands I always add ;o)in Ms. came through with out any harm. The house is just a shell, I was to start with the electric last Oct., so its a bit rough now but all is starting to come together. We just got into a FEMA trailer this past weekend and that has gotten us out of the cold, we now have a bed (no more air matress and can take a shower!

I tell ya all this so you understand that while I am not a newbie any help with seed would be greatly welcome. I am mainly in need of any vegetable seed you can share to help feed the family this spring. I'm breaking raw land so won't have a ready space till then.

Thank you!

Mike

o

•••••You guessed it, another ANNOUNCEMENT•••••
Deadline for posting is tomorrow the 15th at midnight (central standard time)!!

First:

Veterans, you are so awesome!!! :o)

Second:

Veteran packs received:
Ronald
diggindirt_Z5
docmom
phyleux
dem_pa
Elvis
eln2002meyer
gardenjen_CA
Raney10
garden_witch
ZoeGurl2001
dian_OR
TrowelGal
lgkovalcik

Newbie SASBE received:
kudzu9
IBelieve
danaoh
midlandsgardener
debbiedo7
plantas
sciencelady
evilei
strmywthr3

And to repeat, I will post one final newbie wish list compilation at the deadline (Dec. 15) and then when the Newbie envelopes are ready to be "loaded onto Santa's sleigh" (the post holiday shift ;o) ), I will send a mass e-mail to all of you!!

HO, HO, HO!!!!!

WebKat5

o
You might be wondering.....

So, some of you might be wondering, "How in the world is she keeping it all straight??"
Well, just in case you ever want to do this some day...I will tell you! :o)

First, I have some time on my hands around the holiday season because I am on a break from college and, quite frankly, even though I am still working, I just couldn't think of any better way to spend all of my "extra time", wink, wink! Also, the P.O. is working with me a little by holding the envelopes for a couple days....they wouldn't fit in my mailbox and this way we are insured there won't be any unnecessary freezing incidents!!

Second, I have different "mailboxes" set up on e-mail program. One for Newbies, one for Vets, one for vet packs received, one for newbie SASBE's received, and finally one for "Done-mailed". As the status changes for each participant, the e-mails get moved around.

Third, I have wish lists typed up, printed out and attached to the newbie's SASBE envelopes.

Fourth, as the veteran packs come in, and I know this part seems tedious, I log in each seed by type and quantity. Instead of wading through all of the seed packs when trying to fulfil wish lists, I can just refer to my list and jot the Newbie name down by each seed. Then I will just line up the envelopes, spread the seed packs in front of me, have my list handy for reference, and then pick up a seed pack and toss it in the proper envelope....and on from there. Now of course, this is how smoothly it is going in my mind and have not tested this method (LOL), but it seems to be the easiest route. I certainly appreciate the vets designating a portion, if not all, of their seeds....that is going to help immensely!!

Fifth, I am using "form letter" e-mails to a certain extent for directions, etc... I have the Newbies in a group list in my address book and the veterans have their own group list in my address book. This also insures privacy for all involved. Gotta think of everything!!

Well, there it is....in a nutshell.....my plan. Now, I certainly hope everyone will follow through as one side does depend on the other....

Everyone should end up with that "warm & fuzzy feeling" (as veteran garden_witch wants in return :o) ) this holiday season!!!

Keep 'em coming!!!

WebKat5

o

WebKat,
Newbie here. I would love to participate! Searched trade lists and this is what I came up with for my wish list, however I'll be happy with anything other than the river rock and few weeds currently thriving in my front yard. I guess that was the previous owners idea of xeriscaping. Anyway, here goes:

Datura (Metel or?)
Canna (any, have orange)
Trumpet Vine
Lilium (any)
Monarda Didyma
Pyrus Communis, Keifer
Butterfly weed
Ratibida Columnifera, Mexican Hats
Liatris (any)
Malva Sylvestris, Braveheart
Papaver (reds, yellows, pinks, purple)
Cardinal Climber
Verbascum (any)
Red Hot Poker
Lychnis, Angel's Blush
Echinacea (any)

Big task you've taken on, and during finals! You're brave. I'ld like to help and send extra stamps with my sasbe.
Thanks, Krissy

o

I was reading over the requests---I have already mailed Mike a large packet of different veggie seeds. But I am sure he can use more. Dale

o

• • • ATTENTION NEWBIES!! • • •

For all of the Newbies whose e-mail addresses were hidden, I have attempted to e-mail you via Garden Web.
The majority have e-mailed me (thanks!)....and if you have heard from me, then disregard this... :o)

However, if you have not received instructions from me, I need you to respond (send me an e-mail) with your e-mail address to confirm your participation. I have no other way of getting ahold of you....

So....if you have been wondering why you haven't received SASBE instructions, it is because I can't send them if I don't have your e-mail address. :o) I would really hate to see you miss out on this just because you didn't e-mail me..... :o(

DEADLINE IS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT (CST)!!!

Thanks!!

WebKat5

o

Hi, I have a lot of extra seeds I'd love to find new homes for. Let me know where to send them. Thanks!

--Jean

o

I would love to take part in this. I won't post a wish list for fear of missing out on something that would be really cool! I would be happy with anything you have to spare for zone 5 both shade and sun.
Thanks so much for taking the time to share

o

•••••TIME'S UP!!•••••

Well, we have officially reached the deadline for this event.....
Please remember that all envelopes (seeds or SASBE's) need to reach me on or before the 31st of December....I plan to spend that weekend stuffing envelopes and 'fine-toothing-combing' the wish lists.

A big THANK YOU to all of the veterans (on behalf of the Newbies) and I will update here as necessary.

Here is the final Newbie Wish List compilation:

landshaper - Zone 6

American Holly
White Oak
Blue Spruce
Douglas Fir
White Pine
Concolor
Magnolia Tree
Other Trees and Shrubs
Any Flower Seeds

IBelieve - Zone 9

Caryopteris clandonensis
Day lilies
Lilies
Amaryllis
Butterfly Bush Bicolor

debbiedo7 - Zone 8

Passion Flower
Hosta's
Daylillies
Blue Double Clematis
Yarrow
Tall Scabiosa
Love-In-A-Mist
Passiflora Incarnata

kudzu9 - Zone 8b

Passiflora incarnata
Hardy flowering vines
Showy flowers
Hostas

danaoh - Zone 6

Just about anything...
Lavender

petalpusher_tx - Zone 8

Datura
Japanese Morning Glories
Cleome
Cosmos
Rudbeckia
Hollyhocks
Daylilies

faerieannette - Zone 7

White flowers
Hostas
Polemonium
Rodgersia nepalensis
Nepeta
Incarvillea 'Snowtop'
Heuchera
Hesperis
Francoa
White Poppies

plantas - Zone 9

Herbs
Veggies

sciencelady - Zone 6

Lobelia
Monarda
Columbine
Primrose
Polemonium
Huechera
Agastache
Salvia
Impatiens
Rose Campion

midlandsgardner - Zone 7

Any Bee Balm
Coreopsis
Gooseneck Loosestrife
Any Campanula
Snakeweed
Lambs ear
Any salvia
Heliopsis
Russian sage
Shasta Daisy

dryad58 - Zone Wyoming

Anything OTHER than:

wrichard - Zone 5 NH

Browallia, Brush violet
Lobelia, Edging
Wax Begonia
Alkanet
Barrenwort
Bugbane
Canadian Wild Ginger
Grapeleaf Anemone
Labrador Violet
Sweet Alyssum
Torenia Wishbone flower
Falst Blue indigo
Lady's mantle
Leopard's Bane
Wild Columbine
Yellow Foxglove
Cupid's Heart
Delphinium
Allwood Pinks
Catmint
Hollyhock
Morning Glory

woodsygal - Zone 5a

Callendula's
Delphinium
Larkspur
Columbine

evilei - Zone 6

Anything fragrant
Browallia
Coleus 'Limelight'
Coleus 'Palisandra'
Datura 'Equadorian Pink'
Dichondra 'Silver Falls'
Heliotrope 'Marine'
Heliotrope - any really
Herbs
Nigella 'African Bride'
Salvia - blue ones
Vines

wvjoy72 - Zone 5

Any heirloom varieties

newbieroselover - Zone 5

Globe thistle
Sea holly
Artemisia
Lavender Cotton
'Winter Red' Winterberry
Nandina
Rose Campion
Maltese Cross
'Husker Red' Penstemon
Rodgersia
Miscanthus
Bloody Dock

strmywthr3 - Zone 5

Bee Balm (any)
Russian Sage
Dill
Cosmos - esp orange

other than:
Butternut
Acorn
Spaghetti

Any other Herbs/Veggies

margobears - Zone 9

Any flowers and herbs.

gardenmama_KS - Zone 5

Moon vine
Hostas
Astilbe
Hellebore
Statice
German Statice
Russian Sage
Lavender
Gomphrena
Baby's Breath
Strawberries

vcukittykat - Zone 8b

Lavenders - any
Columbine
Wisteria
Pineapple Sage
Thyme- Lemon
Toadflax
Sweet Pea- heirloom
Campanula
Nicotiana
Mignonette
Datura
Foxglove
Cup & Saucer Vine

psymbiosis - Zone 7

michigoose - Zone 5

Gets lots of sun
Rudbekia 'Goldsturm'

Any kind of vine
Any kind of mint
Datura
Brugmansia
Sea Holly
Thunbergia
Coleus

ladybug_05 - Zone 5

Anything for Zone 5
Any food
Any flowers
Would love anything!

Dotties_Place - Zone 4

Perennials
-Anemone 'Alba'
-Armeria - Common Thrift
-Caltha - Marsh Marigold
-Helenium Lollipop

Annuals
-Lunaria
-Nasturiums
-Lobelia
-Primula
-Coleus
-Nemesia

gibsona - Zone 7 - TX

bellarosa - Zone 4-5

Campanula
Heliopsis
English Delphinums
Salvia (Clary)
Butterfly Weed
Larkspur
Poppies (any kind)

breeze03 - Zone 5a

Those for winter sowing
Perennials
Heavy blooming annuals
Heavy fragrance
Peppers
Vines

flowerpixie - Zone 8

Daturas
Marigolds
Poppies
Lilies
Herbs of any kind
Gazinias
Gerber daisies
Hollyhocks
Gladiolas
Calendula
Hostas
Sweet peas
Cone Flowers
Love in a mist
Nasturtiums

schmily - Zone 6

Hosta
Astilbe
Heuchera
Coleus
Basil
Creeping Thyme
Wave Petunias
Salvia
Moon Flowers

bean_pod - Zone 8

Passion Flower Vine
Cypress Vine
Any Vine
Banana seeds
Bamboo seeds
Ormamental Grasses
Castor Bean Red or Green
Sea Holly
Lily of the Nile
Angel Trumpets
Datura
Candle Stick Bush
Yarrow any colors
Echinacea (Coneflower)
Globe Amaranth
Nasturtium
Zinnias

Kryta - Zone 5

Any Herbs
Any Veggies
Any Flowers
Any Plants really
Pumpkins
Sunflowers
Passion Flower
Lavender
Mint (any)
Basil (any)
Any Fruit

JoyceKy1 - Zone 6

Poppies - Breadseed, any
Lirope- Varigated
Daylilies
Heliotrope-Marine or any
Clematis - any
Shade Plants
Agastache
Alliums
Callendulas
Popcorn
Cherry Tomatoes - Yellow

lil_greenthumb - Zone 5

Vegetables
Moon Flower Vine
Passion Flower
Cup n Saucer Vine
Yucca
Vines (non-invasive)
Flowers for total shade?
Flowers for a semi-shaded area
Ornamental Kale
Hubbard Squash
really big Pumpkin just a few

good2grow - Zone 7a

Wiped out by Katrina
Moved North
Would appreciate anything
and everything!

patblair - Zone 6

Any Hardy Hibiscus
Any Ground Cover seeds

garden _ worm40 - Zone 5

Flowers
Red Eggplant
Black, Purple, White Tomatoes
Bowl gourds
Tomatillos
Angel Trumpets
Datura
Nicotina
Daisys-blue
Moon Flowers
Morning Glorys any
Mellons
Broom Corn
Large Pumpken
Fox Glove
Russian Sage
Castor Beans red or pink
Sweet Corn
Popcorn
Indian Corn

quicksilver - Zone 6b

Flowers that attract hummingbirds for Mom
Dill and Parsley for Mom
Wave Petunia in lavender,purple,
burgandy,salmon,or peach

MrBrownThumb - Zone 5

I'm not picky with my choices.
Any black flowers or black foliage seeds
would be highly prized!

bamarose1 - Zone 7

Hosta
Datura
Brugmansia
Any Heirloom seeds
Vegetables
English Daisies
Shasta Daisies
Would appreciate anything!

missourilark - Zone 5

Lavender
Dill
Rosemary
Anything for a totally sunny yard.
Veggies

bigeasyjock - Zone 8

Displaced by Katrina
Would greatly appreciate
ANY Vegetable seeds.

gikrissy - Zone 9-10

Datura (Metel or?)
Canna (any, have orange)
Trumpet Vine
Lilium (any)
Monarda Didyma
Pyrus Communis, Keifer
Butterfly weed
Ratibida Columnifera, Mexican Hats
Liatris (any)
Malva Sylvestris, Braveheart
Papaver (reds, yellows, pinks, purple)
Cardinal Climber
Verbascum (any)
Red Hot Poker
Lychnis, Angel's Blush
Echinacea (any)

riverats - Zone 5

Anything for Zone 5
Wants to be surprised!

Veteran packs received:
Ronald
diggindirt_Z5
docmom
phyleux
dem_pa
Elvis
eln2002meyer
gardenjen_CA
Raney10
garden_witch
ZoeGurl2001
dian_OR
TrowelGal
lgkovalcik

Simply awesome!!

Newbie SASBE received:
kudzu9
IBelieve
danaoh
midlandsgardener
debbiedo7
plantas
sciencelady
evilei
strmywthr3
newbieroselover
barefoot_in_Texas
petalpusher_tx
garden_worm40
ladybug_05

I will keep everyone posted and let you know what is going on from time to time!!

Keep those packages coming!! My P.O. is still on alert!

WebKat5

o
Update on Arrivals....

Veteran packs received:
Ronald
diggindirt_Z5
docmom
phyleux
dem_pa
Elvis
eln2002meyer
gardenjen_CA
Raney10
garden_witch
ZoeGurl2001
dian_OR
TrowelGal
lgkovalcik
ghoghunter
Margaret6a
Phoebe1969

Simply awesome!!

Newbie SASBE received:
kudzu9
IBelieve
danaoh
midlandsgardener
debbiedo7
plantas
sciencelady
evilei
strmywthr3
newbieroselover
barefoot_in_Texas
petalpusher_tx
garden_worm40
ladybug_05
landshaper
bean_pod
joyceky1
bigeasyjock

I will keep everyone posted and let you know what is going on from time to time!!

Woo-Hoo!!!

WebKat5

o

Updated arrivals:

Veteran packs received:

Ronald
diggindirt_Z5
docmom
phyleux
dem_pa
Elvis
eln2002meyer
gardenjen_CA
Raney10
garden_witch
ZoeGurl2001
dian_OR
TrowelGal
lgkovalcik
ghoghunter
Margaret6a
Phoebe1969
Sandy_s
BubbaLouise3
seedbandito
SandysGardens

Simply awesome!!

Newbie SASBE received:

kudzu9
IBelieve
danaoh
midlandsgardener
debbiedo7
plantas
sciencelady
evilei
strmywthr3
newbieroselover
barefoot_in_Texas
petalpusher_tx
garden_worm40
ladybug_05
landshaper
bean_pod
joyceky1
bigeasyjock
lil_greenthumb
wrichard
breeze03
missourilark
MrBrownThumb
Michigoose
schmily
good2grow
riverats
dots_place

I don't think I have forgotten to mention anyone....

If you have received a confirmation e-mail from me, then your package has arrived!

Woo-Hoo!!!

WebKat5

o

Updates have now been moved to the thread titled 'UPDATE: Adopt-A-Newbie!!'

WebKat5

Here is a link that might be useful: Update: Adopt-A-Newbie!!

o

Veterans,

You can still refer to this thread for the final Newbie Wish List compilation.

o

Santa is back!!

MrsGalihad will be Santa this year!!

Her main page is on the seed exchange:

Adopt-A-Newbie 2006 on the Seed Exchange forum

I brought these pages back so you can check out the great fun we had last year.

Thank you MrsGalihad!!

o

Is this still ongoing?? I need help getting started. PLMK thanks.

o

I was wondering the same thing?
I just started gardening. I dont know very much about flowers. I do have a veggie gardent that is doing quite well but would like to do more in the flower department.....
Thanks

o

OK, yes I am a Newbie.
Also new to outdoor flowers. I want to plant alot of summer flowers that will re-seed. I have 2 acres to work with now and am looking to do alot of different beds. I love all flowers but have no seeds to share. I want to do the natural looking beds rather than all things lined up. I like the monarda, bellflower, coneflower & black eyed susans. Does anyone have seeds? I promise, I will have seeds to share when I get this going.
Thanks
Cindy

o
CLOSED: (outdated thread) :Adopt-A-Newbie!!!

Cindy, this thread is out of date and inactive. There is a different adopt-a-newbie thread that is more current and active. Please re-post to it, thanks.

o
was:Adopt-a-newbie (now: sponsor a newbie).

The adopt-a-newbie thread has been updated. It is now called "sponsor a newbie." It was started by wilmoth (Donna.) If you're new, Welcome to Gardenweb! :)

Please post to the "sponsor a newbie" thread, not here. Thanks. :)

o

Hi are you still doing this. I am a newbie and would like to be adopted please. really new to gardening but willing to learn. So please adopt me

margie

o
re: new: adopt-a-newbie!!! help :)

Hi. I am VERY new (today) and I am new to gardening. We just bought our very first house this fall, and I can not wait to garden. What is easy for a new gardener?

I am in Maryland and I am willing to send a SASE.
My family loves tomatos, potatoes, strawberries, string beans, but I want to do others as well.
Any advice or seeds is greatly appreciated :)

o

This thread is old and has been closed a long time. Please don't post to it.
Check the Seed Exchange Forum for current new member offers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Exchange Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here