Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Merry Christmas My Angels~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments (100)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Nancy,
    My fingers were crossed that the clay pot wouldn't break! I over bubble wrapped it, so hopefully it arrived in one piece! If it didn't, please let me know. I'll make you another one. I know you love birds, so went with a bird themed lamp. They make such cute night lights, accent lamps. You can pick up the shades at any Michaels, Jo Ann's. I love switching shades for different seasons/rooms.

Deb

• micke
    17 years ago

My box arrived today!!! My secret pal sent me a cute little snowman box with double chocolate fudge cookies in it(yum) Also in my box was a awesome christmas candle, a fabric santa bag with a bar of Gardeners scrub, 3 rosewater scented sachets, a cute little frog necklace, a cd for my kids "tales of wisdom & wonder" (my kids thank you!) and then I got the cutest little jar filled with seeds, thank you for sending the article as well, that is a good idea!
    the ornament didn't make it:( I took out the biggest piece, and could tell it was beautiful, those mail people make me mad! there was a corner of the box that was totally ripped open, someone must of been playng football with that box, darn them...
    I love everything you sent me, thank you so very, very much!
    I loved the card as well and have the same sentiments as you about our wonderful little group:))
    Merry Christmas!!!!!!
    michelle

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi my Angels -

Sounds like some great boxes are being delivered. Santa is a busy one isn't he (or his helpers anyone :-))

I posted this on another thread, so I am just copying and pasting it hear (to lazy to type it again)

I have a favor to ask of you all. I want to grow herbs/spices this coming season specifically for cooking.
    Can you all suggest which wonderful herbs you grow.
    I know I want to grow fennel, star anise (spelling?) a variety of thymes and sages. Have several mints. Can you suggest the best way to prepare them for storage?

Also, does anyone (Maryanne) have any great Italian recipes? Also looking for recepies with lots of heat that include beef and chicken. Pastries and pastas also. Oh, and sauces! All kind of sauces!
    Bread recipes (made all by scratch/hand, don't have a bread machine).
    Ah heck, throw me some great desserts too :-).

I've decided to do alot of crafting and cooking this year. Cooking in the cold month, and crafting when it gets too hot to garden. I've found some really neat ideas for crafting Christmas decorations for next year. I haven't done as much crafting as I've wanted to in the last 6 years and I miss it. Hopefully my house will be finished by late Spring and I can turn my concentration over to other things.

Does anyone have any good holiday recipes they're making up?
    I've only done a few, fudge, divinity, chex mix, choc. covered prezzies, and a few cookies.
    I think next year, I am going to attemp my first gingerbread house. Do any of you make them?

Well, I better get this posted before my computer gets an attitude and shuts down on me.

Sending love and hugs to you all -
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ROTFLMBO - Maryanne, is this any indication of your current status? smiles! I have a bottle of sparkling wine just waiting for New Years Eve.
    I drink once in blue moon anymore, so one glass will have me looking all *purdy" alright! :-)

Michelle - Hows mom doing? How are you doing? Hangover? LoL
    Little birdie told me hee hee.

Julie - Hope you are having a great weekend and that your little getaway will be restful and enjoyable!

Kristen - I miss your wonderful posts!

bogartbaby - Hope you are doing great and the Christmas preps don't have you burried!

Sue - Thank you for the wonderful gift. You are a gem!

Mariann - What types of books do you tend to read? Does anyone now of any good gardening stories?

Micrey - Come post and say hi so all the girls can get to know you. :-)

Erica - How are you feeling? Hope you are mending well!

Nancy - Loved the elfyourself. Too cute! Where are you!???

Deb - Your pal should have made you put one of those gifts under the tree until Christmas morning (with an evil laught muahhhahhahahahaha) smiles!

Oh, I realized that I never posted pals for Novmeber, so here they are:

I sent to Julie
    Julie sent to Maryanne
    Maryanne sent to Deb
    Deb sent to Mariann
    Mariann sent to Michelle
    Michelle sent to Nancy
    Nancy sent to Deanie
    Deanie sent to Sue
    Sue sent to Erica
    Erica sent to Kristen
    Kristen sent to me!

Sorry for lagging behind on getting that posted.

Also, I want to apologize for not geting the seed RR out and going.
    Please forgive me?
    I was thinking that I could get it going in January after the Christmas rush and New Years celebrations.
    Does this sound good to everyone?

I have all my seeds in baggies and haven't even started to package them up in a presentable manner. I want to make this a fun and easy robin. I don't want you all to have to work to pick and choose seeds and package them yourselves when the box arrives.
    Plus I have a ton of seeds from trades with plenty left over to share.
    Speaking of which, I have two envies out there that has been in flight for over a month. I don't think they are going to arrive. I already resend a repacement package, but I haven't heard if that one arrived or not and it's been a few weeks if I am recalling that right.
    How is the mail running for everyone else?
    I sent a package out last Tuesday for another swap and it is still floating somewhere. I have DC#, but it isn't updating at all..........argh!

Take time to rest and enjoy this time of year and enjoy your families and friends.
    I love you all -
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am thinking about doing a birthday rr. I wanted to let you all know first so if you want in, you have first dibbs.
    What'cha think?

Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm not absent minded am I????? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Now, where was I? Oh yea!
    I wanted to do an update of who has received so far:

Deb
    Nancy
    Sue
    Mariann
    Maryanne
    Micrey
    Michelle
    Tina (that's me!) LoL

Still waiting for the elves to visit is:

Erica
    Deanie
    Kristen

Get those prezzies out elves! Christmas is a commin'!

Hugs Angels -
    Tina

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb - I hope your day is filled with lots of love and happiness.

Happy Birthday from all your HA friends

• galium
    17 years ago

We finally got our little tree up today. It looks pretty.
    My back is killing me. I've been sewing Christmas presents for my daughter and her fianc'. Had to lay down with a heating pad on my back. I have a bathrobe and a table runner yet to make. This is not fun anymore
    I still have 10 baby trees to plant from the National Arbor Day Foundation. I dug the bed up yesterday. Luckily it's still relatively warm. Over 50 degrees today.

Happy Birthday Deb.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Sorry I haven't been on lately.Been preparing for our 1st early Christmas Celebrations.We had 3 to attend over the weekend.Was great seeing everyone but I am sooo full and uncomfortable tonight.LOL I am so tired I feel like I could sleep a week straight but I also feeled all wired up if that makes any sense? So I bet sleep won't come easy.

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Deb!!

Mariann hope your back feels better soon.There is nothing more painful and aggravating. (Hug)

Well I better at least try and go to bed and get some sleep.Maybe I will try a warm bath first.I will check back in tomorrow.
    Good Night Everyone!
    Hugs,Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

My uncle passed away early this morning, so I won't be able to write for a while as I will be busy helping my mother. Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all.
    michelle

• galium
    17 years ago

Michelle I'm so sorry to hear of your uncle's passing.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Michelle,You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hug,Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Michelle - I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Love and prayers sweetie.

Hugs,
    Tina

• Michelle Reynolds
    17 years ago

hello
    sorry to hear about your uncle michelle, we lost my grandpa a year ago, my mom in feb, and my grandma in may. this has been a very trying year for me, and my youngest just turned one. my poor husband has been strained trying to keep up with my mood swings latly.

I hope you all have a great christmas and wonderfull new year, and I look foward to trading with you all this next year.
    micyrey( I'll go by this name since there are so many michelles)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

oh micke, my heart goes out to you. i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. i know it's been a little rough on you lately, but my heart believes you are truly a strong woman. keep the faith.

dang micrey, God's blessings on you. i thought i had a rough year.

kristen, i was reading through some old horti posts in order to get a better feel for some of you that aren't so familiar to me and i must say, i ran across your picture of your green pottery. what a lovely collection. how long have you been collecting and what made you go with just the one color? i'll have to keep my eye out. do you only collect mccoy, or as long as it is the color? i have quite a bit of mccoy and roseville and so much other, but not one piece of that green. i had to stop in my tracks and think about it after seeing that picture.

seems this group has gone through a few hostesses and many players - some of those older names i don't even recognize.

deb, how was your birthday, do anything special?

have a good night everyone
    maryanne

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Micke, so sorry to hear about your uncle passing. You and your family will be in my prayers. Someone sent me this poem last year after we lost a nephew on Christmas Eve. I would like to share with all of you who have lost a loved one.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deanie,
    Thanks for posting "My First Christmas in Heaven"...
    I lost my Dad to colon cancer. He was only 57.

Deb

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Deanie -- Thank you for sharing "My First Christmas in Heaven"...it's so comforting and beautiful.

Michelle -- Please know that you are in all our prayers as you mourn for your uncle.

Maryanne -- Thanks for your interest in my pottery collection. I collect vases of all kinds, only that particular seafoam green color. It can be McCoy, Weller, cheapo-crapola or anything at all. It's so fun to go flea-marketing with a purpose in mind.

Oh, and Deb, a very belated, but very sincere Happy Birthday!

• kayemell
    17 years ago

Oh gracious me -- my DH just brought in my wonderful December box from my Secret Pal and we had the best time opening it and oohing and ahhing over all the goodies! It was pretty amusing because he asked me about 15 times, "Now, who sent all this to you again?" LOL! He just doesn't understand the concept of a group of fun, creative, loving women who have never met each other exchanging gifts!

So let me share the amazing and generous gifts my amazing and generous pal sent me: First of all, she is one smart pal, because she packed some kitty and doggie treats for my four-legged kids. Judging from the flurry of hysterically wagging tails, these goodies were much appreciated!

The goodies in the box seemed unending! They were all beautifully wrapped in metallic gold paper. First, I unwrapped two darling porcelain snowmen ornaments; then, a lovely snowflake candle on a silver candle dish; next, a greatly-needed supply of cute Christmas gift tags; then, a huge bag of daffodil bulbs (already chilling in the fridge in preparation for late winter forcing); and finally -- oh my goodness -- a gigantic box of Baci (my very favorite hazlenut chocolate candy -- yes, I am Italian) and some Toblerone -- another all-time favorite.

Pal, how can I ever thank you? Your generosity and creativity are so very much appreciated! You made my day! I wish I could give you a big sloppy smooch and hug! So just please know that there is one very grateful Hortiholic tonight.

Love to you, and love to all!

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone.Well Our Mad Christmas Dash Starts Already Tomorrow and Will Run Pretty Much Non Stop Thru Christmas so...I Wanted To Make Sure I Got On Here To Post Before Tomorrow.

I absolutely Love being a member of Hortiholics Anon.Thanks for letting me join.I consider all of you very special friends of mine and *Hope You All Have A Very Merry Blessed Christmas* Stay Safe In Your Travels and I Will Be Back After Christmas To Hear What Santa Brought You All! Hope my brother don't give me coal again this year.He thinks thats sooo funny.I need to keep reminding him I'm not 7 anymore.Bless his heart though.I know hes just a teaser,I wouldn't want him any other way.
    Love You All! : ) Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

thank you every one for the condolences. Funeral was today, it was just gravesite, but it is so hard when you have 6 brothers and sisters and half of them are not speaking and my Uncles step daughter openly sobbing when she has not taken the time to visit him in the past year and they live in the same town, I have a lot of anger issues over the way he was treated his last few years (she threw a screaming fit at him when she found out the farm was to be sold because he needed to be in town because of health issues)
    What a family! my mother and I promised each other this was to be the last time we had to be forced to be around those people.
    whew! Now I can finally slow down and take a breath.
    has anyone heard from efrosty here lately? is she doing okay?
    well gotta get some late night house cleaning done!
    michelle

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Michelle - I know how disfunctional familiea are and I truly feel for you. Just glad that it is over with now and you can rest and start to greive.
    Sending you hugs

Deanie - Thank you for sharing the poem. Someone sent me that last year. It is such a comforting sentiment.

Hope that Christmas is wonderful for each of you.

Erica where are you dear? Have you received your box yet?
    Deanie - Have you received your box yet?

Hugs my Angels
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i am so friggin sad.

Label/Receipt Number: 0304 1560 0007 4633 1588

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

booooooo hoooooooooooo

sorry pal
    maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I've never seen that message before! What in the heck is misrouted?!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

my box went astray. apparently on the wrong truck or something. similar to airlines loosing luggage. i mailed 5 packages on monday, not one is where it is supposed to be or delivered and i have confirmation on every one. i'm hoping tomorrow brings better news.

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Hello everyone! Our picture thread was burried on the second page, so I posted a few pics to bring it back up!
    Tina, I did not receive anything yet but will post as soon as I do. It will probably show up here any day now.
    Mucho Christmas smoooochies and hugs to you all!!!!
    Fa la la la la ...... I better stop sipping on the eggnog! Starting to feel realllly gooood!!!!
    Talk to you soon.
    Deanie

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LoL at Deanie! So good to see you posting!
    Hugs and smoochies back at'cha sweets!

Hugs and kisses to all of you.
    I'm so blessed to call you all friends.

Maryanne - We all know how loving of a trader you are, so no worries. Your pal will just get to celebrate Christmas a little longer than usual! Nothing bad about that!

Have a wonderful night Angels
    Tina

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

Maryanne, the package still has a whole week left before December is over. ;) Tina is right, it will just extend the celebration. I love the month of Dec. we celebrate almost all month long( Noooo..... we are not boozehounds)!
    It started with Dec.6th- St. Nikolaus day in Europe. DH brought home a big box of Godiva chocolates for Mama ( that would be me) the kids got candy and sweets in a Santa boot. Dec.12th my BD- DH bought Mama a SUV (he must be loosing it) I love him anyway! Our anniversary is on Sunday the 24th, then Christmas, then on the 29th. my son's BD, on the 30th. DH BD, and then new years eve!!!! Yepeee!!! it is just one big party.
    O.K., everything is starting to swim a little in front of me, I had two little cups of eggnog(spiked with rum) and than a glass of wine. I don't think that was a good combination, I realy need to learn how to drink!
    Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!!!!

• micke
    17 years ago

hmm.... I thought I was the only one that got tipsy and then decided to start to post everywhere:) It is kinda funny cause I am trying to concentrate so hard on the keys, now where did that g go too? hmm... hiccup... two little cups of eggnog, yeah right, that stuff is so good no way could I stop at 2. you can't taste the rum and at 80 proof it just kinda sneaks up and bites ya on the rear end!!!!!!

erica, come out come out where ever you are, getting concerned hope you are okay?

• efrosty1
    17 years ago

hello ladies, how have all oF you been? me? well so so. still coughing out my lungs. you would think at 28 i was smoking 3 packs of cig.'s a day the way i am coughing, BUT i quit years ago. still no one has a clue on how to get rid of it. i had ct scans done this week, and more meds that don't work. then i had family from fla. this past weekend. so i didn't even get to open my box until today. my hubby thought it was from my sister in fla. so he put it under the tree too open for xmas.

i received so many wonderful things
    2 4packs of hair holders--which i always need..
    xmas dish towel,oven mit,and apron-i just love snowmen lol
    tin full of candy, mug full of candy pink santa hats with lots of suckers in it--my daughter was very pleased to help me open my box..lol bear salt and pepper shakers, 2 hoilday bear figurines, kitty cat calendar. and my favorite 4 BOOKS...I LOVE TO READ..THANK YOU SO MUCH PAL. YOU BRIGHTEN MY DAY.

thank you all for your well wishes. i return back to day shift next week 5am-3pm. it's alot better then 3pm-1am that's for sure.so i hope to be able to get back on track with my replies and updates.

is anyone winter sowing this year? it's been so warm this winter i'm worried on how they will turn out..
    GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS..erica

• galium
    17 years ago

Maryanne, I had a package with the same message from USPS. It was missent to NC 2 times and was hung up there for 3 weeks. The package was actually going to MD. Finally it arrived to the person and all worked out well. I was sweating bullets though. Have no fear it will arrive to it's destination.

Erica, I'm winter sowing. Don't have much out yet. I'm waiting until it gets a little colder. It's 5AM here and already 50 degrees. What's that about??? Respiratory illness can linger. Hang in there...

Deb, thanks so much for the wonderful gifts you sent me in November. I loved everything.

I finally finished my sewing. Still have some wrapping to do. We received a box of cheeses and summer sausage from one of my sisters and her husband. (The dairy farmers) Can't wait to dive into that... Oh, I spent quality time with my daughter yesterday. We went to breakfast, shopping and to a movie. We saw 'Night at the Museum'. A funny feel good movie. It takes place at the Museum of Natural History in NYC. I've always enjoyed that museum. Any way we laughed all day and had a great time.
    Hugs everyone,
    Mariann

• bogartbaby
    17 years ago

My surprise box arrived today!!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you to my wonderful, giving and thoughtful secret pal!!!! Everything was wrapped so beautiful, there was a blue little basket with snowman all over full of napkin rings. They will get used on a daily basis! A toasted coconut lotion, my DH fav.scent( I will rub that all over myself tomorrow night)Oh lala!!!!
    Two Christmas themed hand towels, they will be perfect in my guest bathroom. Mandarin theraphy body soak from the healing garden with the cutest little wooden scoop attached to it( I love fruity scents)
    A santa candy jar( I collect santas) full of surprise bulbs, I will plant them right after Christmas. A decorative basket with Christmas napkins( already sitting on my kitchen table), another bundle of holiday napkins tied with a red ribbon, a pack of pretty thank you cards, a instant flower garden seed mat(marigolds) I plant them around my tomatos to keep the bugs away.
    Then there was a pack of stationary paper with little snowflakes all around and snowed in houses on the bottom, almost to pretty to write on. Bogart also got a present from the secret santa, a big pack of cat grass that will make him one happy cat( he is always chewing on my flowers)
    And last was a Garden Planner Book, where you can mix and match the pages to help you plan the perfect beds and borders. This is realy neat, I have never seen anything like that before. Secret Pal, you must have seen my garden beds LOL, thank you sooooo much you have outdone yourself. Oh wait, I almost forgot the pretty christmas card with a angel on it and the yummy bread that I already ate. If you made it yourself, I would love to get my hands on that recipe it was simply delicious!!!
    Wishing you all the Joy of the season and many blessings for the New Year!!!!!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah!!!! All packages have arrived! Excellent job Angels! You've made Santa very proud :-)

So, does anyone want to guess who sent to them?

I am going to guess that my pal was Gallium.
    One of her favorite musicians is Tim Janis, and she loves to make jewelry. I received both in my gift package.
    I have to admit, I am going to ask Rick tonight.
    I took a peek over the partners list day before yesterday to see who was sending to Deanie and Erica, but tried not to scan over it too much, LoL.

Wishing Each of You a Very Merry Christmas.
    Love to you all
    Tina

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

R E L I E F!!!! guess there's no mistake who i sent to. i'm just so thankful the box got there. what a strange message - what a time for it to go astray.

deanie, i'm so glad you liked the box. when i read your questionnaire and you mentioned that you were new to gardening and needed a little help, that book seemed so appropriate. i love the way you can mix and match each page to determine levels and colors. sure hope you get lots of use from it.

mariann, i saw that movie last night with a dear friend i haven't seen in a while. i was almost ready to cancel because there is a lot left to do, but thought the heck with it. we had great conversation, a decent dinner and then quite a few laughs at that movie. i too enjoy that museum.

erica, glad to hear you are feeling better. totally sucks when it lasts forever and no one can put their finger on exactly what's what.

well, everyone have a wonderful christmas. i have one last gift to buy for my nephew and i think he's just going to get a gift card to a video game store. i thought yesterday of going out, but once i left the confines of my area to run an errand, it was too chaotic so i changed my mind. i had something for him, but i changed my mind. i really don't know how people do their shopping the last few days. i pick things up all year long and am done well before thanksgiving and never venture out on the black friday. on a rare occasion i have to pick something else up and if i do, it's long before the lunatics are out clearing off shelves and touching everything. God bless the retail personnel at this time of year.

may all your christmas dreams come true!
    maryanne

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

Every day is Christmas
    when you have the kind of mind,
    That stores up all the goodness
    and the sweetness it can find
    When you don't need an occasion,
    to spread a bit of cheer,
    But just keep on a-giving,
    of yourself throughout the year

Every day is Christmas,
    with a gaily wrapped surprise,
    When you've learned to see the friendship,
    in someone else's eyes.
    When you try a little harder,
    and complain a little less,
    Holding fast to all the fervor
    of the faith that you possess

Every day is Christmas,
    when you've found that you can be
    More concerned with words like "you"
    and less with "I" and "me".
    When it's fun to do a favor,
    and to lend a helping a hand,
    When being understood means less,
    than when you understand

Every day is Christmas,
    with a beauty deeply cast,
    When you find it doesn't matter,
    if you're first or if you're last
    When you can face your conscience,
    and be glad of what you are,
    Then every day is Christmas,
    with a stable and star.

unknown

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

• galium
    17 years ago

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I must have been a real good girl because I received so many presents. My hubby went above and beyond this year. So did my daughter and her fiancée.

Ladies, I have a daffodil popping up... It was close to 60 degrees here yesterday. Strange weather. I'm not doing anymore winter sowing just yet. I keep checking the seeds I've already started for signs of germination. So far nothing, hope it stays that way.

Hugs,
    Mariann

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi My Angels ~

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas!
    We had a pretty nice laid back Christmas.
    Went to the in-laws for a simple meal at noon.
    The kids really enjoyed the day.
    My baby (Lain, along with daddys help) got me the 7 Magic Bullet. I just love it! Have already used it several times :-)

We have a new member: Dawiff!
    She's been a GWer for quite awhile.
    Welcome Alison!

Here was the line-up for Decembers Secret Santa

hummingbirddaisy sent to debbya
    debbya sent to cedarnest
    cedarnest sent to sguanzon
    sguanzon sent to earthly
    earthly sent to bogartbaby
    bogartbaby sent to KayEmell
    KayEmell sent to Micke
    Micke sent to efrosty
    efrosty sent to gallium
    gallium sent to hummingbirddaisy

hummingbirddaisy and micyrey also traded

Mariann - Thank you for such a wonderful box. You really touched my heart. I just love everything! You are a wonderful trade partner and friend. Big hugs to you. Thank you again. Your time and care really showed.

Sending much love to you all
    Tina

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Sending giant hugs to my December swap partner!
    Thank you Miss Hummingbirddaisy! ;)

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

sue, i too wish to thank you. that was just an incredible box and the amount of postage blew me away. (i can never help looking at that! LOL)

alison, hello. long time no see. nice to see you back in the exchanges. i still have a beautiful picture frame and garden picture sitting on my desk that you sent me in the birthday swap! so nice to see you again.

maryanne

• galium
    17 years ago

Tina, I enjoyed putting the box together for you.
    Hugs,
    Mariann

Hi
    Alison

Mariann

• micke
    17 years ago

thank you so much Kristen for my box, I really loved everything that was in it:)
    (lotsa hugs going your way:))
    welcome Alison, would do some neat little graphics, but too computer illeterate for that yet:)
    michelle

• sguanzon
    17 years ago

Thanks again Nancy - I really loved my box!

Sue G.

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

You are very welcome Sue.: )

Welcome Alison.It's nice to have you with us : )

I want to thank you again Deb for the Marvelous Box I received.I have gotten sooo many compliments on the lamp.It is gorgeous! : )

Happy New Year Everyone!
    Hugs,Nancy

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Deb - You are quite welcome sweetie :-)

I have sent out partners info for January and posted a ne thread. Please let me know if you don't receive my e-mail.

You all be safe and enjoy New Years Eve.
    Wishing you each lots of happiness, blooms and health for the New Year.

Lots of love to each of my Angels -
    Tina

• dawiff
    17 years ago

Thanks very much for the welcome! I am really excited and looking forward to being part of this little group in 2007.

Maryanne/earthly, I am so pleased that you remember me and still have some of the items I sent you in 2005. I was involved heavily in the Round Robin Exchange that year, and at the end of the year, I was just burned out! I needed to take the year off. But now I'm back and raring to go!

Actually, one reason why I joined is because, after the Christmas I just had, I needed a little pick-me-up. This was basically the year without a Christmas.

I got sick with the flu the week before Christmas, but we still decided to go down to visit my DS in Pennsylvania. BUT on Christmas morning at about 5:30 a.m., the cell phone awakened us with the news that my MIL had been found by the neighbors the night before collapsed on her kitchen floor. She'd had a stroke and was in the hospital. My DH is British, and so of course, MIL lives in England. So......we had to spend Christmas day driving home from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts, so that DH could pick up his passport and book a flight home to England. Christmas dinner was a McDonald's chicken sandwich and fries at a rest stop on I-95.

Anyway, DH is still there and I'm home alone. She's in her 80s, so the prognosis is for only a limited recovery.

Well, that's my sad story, sorry it's such a downer. You all have so much fun on this exchange board, I thought joining would be just the pick-me-up I need!

Alison

• hummingbirddaisy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday To You
    Happy Birthday DEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NANCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyy, Tooooooooooooooooo Youuuuuuuuuuuu :-)

Hugs and love Sweetie!

Alison ~ It is great to see you posting! Hoping that the New Year brings you much happiness and peace.

You all be safe and have a wonderful time tonight!

Hugs Angels -
    Tina

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Nancy!
    Also, everyone have a safe, healthy, HAPPY NEW YEAR!