Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;

And mamma in her 'kerchief, and I in my cap,

Had just settled down for a long winter's nap,

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow

Gave the lustre of mid-day to objects below,

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear,

But a miniature sleigh, and eight tiny reindeer,

With a little old driver, so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment it must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,

And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name;

"Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on Cupid! on, Donder and Blitzen!

To the top of the porch! to the top of the wall!

Now dash away! dash away! dash away all!"

As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,

When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky,

So up to the house-top the coursers they flew,

With the sleigh full of toys, and St. Nicholas too.

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof

The prancing and pawing of each little hoof.

As I drew in my hand, and was turning around,

Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound.

He was dressed all in fur, from his head to his foot,

And his clothes were all tarnished with ashes and soot;

A bundle of toys he had flung on his back,

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

His eyes -- how they twinkled! his dimples how merry!

His cheeks were like roses, his nose like a cherry!

His droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,

And the beard of his chin was as white as the snow;

The stump of a pipe he held tight in his teeth,

And the smoke it encircled his head like a wreath;

He had a broad face and a little round belly,

That shook, when he laughed like a bowlful of jelly.

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf,

And I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself;

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,

Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread;

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work,

And filled all the stockings; then turned with a jerk,

And laying his finger aside of his nose,

And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose;

He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle,

And away they all flew like the down of a thistle.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Merry Christmas My Angels~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Happy Birthday Ladies!!!!!

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Deanie!
Happy Birthday, tooooooooooooooo, youuuuuuuuuuuu!
December 12th!

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Debby!
December 17th

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Nancy!
New Years Eve Baby!!!!!!!!!

Hope all three of you have a blessed and joyful birthday with fulfilled wishes, lots of cake and ice-cream and a wonderful year ahead!
Love to you all

Tina

o
RE: December Hortiholics Anonymous ~ Secret Santa~

Thank You For The Birthday Wish Tina Dear!!

Looks like we have a few December Birthdays!Great Month to be born don't ya think Deanie and Debby?Happy Birthday To You Both!! December is prettymuch one big party all through the month : )

Oh Tina,I have always loved "The Night Before Christmas" I remember as kids we would lay in bed on cold winter nights and read aloud to eachother.Of course we would always get silly and throw in all sorts of crazy things when we would be getting tired.LOL That brings back such fond memories!

Merry Christmas and Hugs To All!!
Nancy

o

Tina thanks for the lovely into. to the holidays.
Happy birthday Deanie, Debbie and Nancy.
I've been cataloging seeds for two days. When I think I'm finished more arrive. I think I mentioned I was doing some winter sowing for the first time. It's suggested that Dec. is a good month to start. Yeah, sure.... It's been hovering in the 60's here. If it continues I'll be starting those seeds in the spring. HA HA!!
I'm doing quite a bit of sewing for Christmas. Have all the patterns and fabric. Now I just need the time to do it all.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Thanks for the Birthday wishes.To Deb and Nancy, may this be the best Birthday you ever had. We have three birthdays and our anniversary all in December. DH is very good about surprises, he is out of town on business and he made me swear not to open any packages that arrived at the house. This is killing me, no matter how much I shake the boxes I can't figure out whats inside. Maybe I can give some of the boxes to the puppys to play with?....maybe not, they would just tear up whatever is inside. Bad idea....Bad Deanie!!!!
Tina, one of the traditions at my house is to read The night before Christmas on Christmas eve. The funny thing is no matter how old the kids are, everyone sits down and you can almost see the sugarplums dancing in their heads. LOL....I hope my kids continue the tradition with their kids..... whenever that happens.
Sorry for rambling on here, this is a drug enduced post..... can you tell? I have been fighting a sinus infection again. I better get going, so I can make my 9a.m. appointment.
Mucho Hugs to all of you!
Deanie

o

Happy Birthday Deanie, Deb and Nancy! It is actually my DHs birthday today! And he woke to about a inch of ice, yuck! We haven't had winter weather like this in years, thank goodness we invested in that 4 runner, when we first got married we drove muscle cars then we switched to Mustangs, not good vehicles to have on the road, I know. I worked factory jobs when we first got married and they don't close for anything, put a El Camino in the ditch one time, then another time when I was pregnant with my first boy I had just gotten my first standard Mustang, didn't realize it needed to be in a low gear on icy hills, met the ditch on that one too, actually managed to spin in the ditch, lost both fog lamps and one exhaust pipe was on the tire, funny cause as I was being towed out of it hubby pulls up in HIS Mustang, the tow guy looked at us and just shook his head. I do not like driving in any weather even rain now, suppose to go get a job in January, another factory that pays well is taking apps right now, want to go, but worry about the winter driving!

the kids school was cancelled today, so I think today will make a good day to trim the tree, it has been in the stand since Monday, but it is so pretty sitting there just like it is, we got a white pine this year and I really like it. That is one of our Christmas traditions, we go out to the Christmas tree farm and cut our own tree down, I like it better then going to a lot.
well enough rambling, happy holidays everyone!!!!!!!!!

o

Hi Angels -

Good to see you all here!
Love all the pics on the other thread.
Bogartbaby - your black and white pup looks like a twin to one of my pups that we call cowbaby, LoL.

It is COLD here today. Tuesday we broke records with 68 degrees. Wednesday the temps was in the low 20's and as of right now, the windchill is like 1 degree.
I do believe I am getting bronchitis back, again. 3rd times a charm, right! Fortunatly, I've had it enough (that isn't fortunate is it???) that all I have to do is call the doctor and he'll call the pharmacy to have a prescription waiting for me.
We've got one of our trees up. Two more to go. We usually do the two (both are sentimental) but we have decided to buy another one this year. We turned out porch into a foyer, and have put two columns up, and I would like to have the tall skinny trees on either side to frame it out.
Our big tree will either go in the octagon/sunroom or diningroom. I haven't decided yet.
Sure wish we would have gotten some of the outside decor up when it was warm.

OK, enough babbling :-)

We have a new gal to welcome in
Micyrey - Michelle

Julie will post the pretty welcomes (shes our welcome wagon, smiles)

So glad to have you Michelle.

We have 2 Michelles now! The more the merrier :-)

Have a wonderful evening ladies!

Hugs, Tina

o

Welcome Michelle
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mariann

o

Hi Michelle, welcome on board!

Deanie

o

Michelle,
Welcome!

Deanie and Nancy,
Happy EARLY Birthday, LOL! Let's celebrate ALL month long!

It's soooo cold! We are under a winter storm warning (14" of snow expected) I'm near the lake (about 15-20 min), so we always get more lake effect snow than anyone else. I'm not sure what my poor dogs are going to think or do! Melvin had patella luxation and had an expensive knee operation, so I carry him outside when it's snowy. With all that snow, I'll be digging out a small path for them to go in. 11* by Sunday, the dogs will be wearing clothes for the next few days. I have such cute outfits for them! I'll have to take a pic. My computer is still not working, I'm using Hubby's laptop, He doesn't have the picture program on it. I haven't had any time to go shopping for a new hard drive. My baby bird is adorable, another pic I promise soon! His name is chubby. He's a ball of green feather fluff!

Deb

o

Michelle-

Here's a picture of my dog that I put on puppywar.com. She's not doing so well, in the voting I mean...

Here is a link that might be useful: poor sheena

o

hello
thank you for the warm welcome, I have not been in a monthy swap before, if you have any advice pass it on I don't want anyone disapointed.
sorry to keep this short it has been a long day and I'm sleepy.
talk to you all later
michelle

o

happy birthday deanie, debby and nancy and a warm welcome to michelle.

maryanne

o

Welcome Michelle!

o

I posted a little quiz on the picture thread.
Deanie your Amaryllis is spectacular.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Welcome Michelle : )

Julie,Sheena is adorable : )

Deb,I can't wait too see the pic of your ball of green feather fluff! He's got to be a cutie : )

Deanie I Love your Amaryllis : )

Mariann I dare anyone to come up with the correct answer to your Quiz on the picture thread.LOL I am still scratching my head : )

Hugs,Nancy

o

I posted the answer in the picture thread. Julie got it right. It's a Magnolia x soulangeana (Saucer Magnolia). Good going Julie. How did you know? The picture doesn't do justice to the pink color. Has anyone played with Silly Puddy? That's the color pink.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Mariann, Yuk. If I would see something like that in my yard I would pick it up with a stick and dispose of it. They look like dead baby birds that have fallen out of the nest somewhere. I have never seen seeds like that before, boy you learn something new every day! Thanks for posting that pic.

Tina, I buy new bulbs every year and when they finish blooming I plant them in my garden. The ones I have planted outside start blooming around the end of may here. That way I don't have to worry about storing them, I would probably kill them if I tried. LOL

o

Ladies your comments about those seed pods are priceless. Deanie I laughed so hard there were tears in my eyes. My hubby thinks I'm nuts laughing at the computer monitor.
Mariann

o

I was actually gonna say saucer magnolia! When you said deciduous with large flowers I googled magnolia seed pod and found this...

Here is a link that might be useful: wrinkled old man tree, LOL

o

OMG Julie, where did you find that pic??? LOL....I don't even want to say what that looks like.LOL..... is there a XXX rated seed site that I don't know about???? I just showed the picture to my DH, he is still shaking his head. Thanks for the laugh!

o

my dec. package went out yesterday--03052710000099550840
just in case i have another germ fest.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting.lol
have a wonderful week lady's... erica
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

hello
do you want me to start swaping this month, I would like to get it in the mail soon, mail will be so slow this month.
I also have 11 stockings to send out for my stocking swap, so I want to save a few gifts for this swap if you want me to trade this time.
thanks michelle

o

Hello Angels -

Wanted to post to let you know that I haven't forgotten you. Been answering e-mails, and posted on one other thread, but mostly have spent my time on the couch. Feeling yucky.
Wanted to send each of you a (((hug))).

Good night Angels -
Tina

o

hello
Tina I shopped my box today,
DC# 0408 5010 4110 2401 8377
let me know when it arives
michelle

o

Hi my Angels -

I wanted to let you know that this will be the last time I post until next Monday or Tuesday. We hit the road veryyyyyyyy early Friday morning to meet Susie and maybe earthly to drop off puppies and meet some GW friends!

We went shopping after my doctors appointment today and I picked up some really nice gifts for my pals for Christmas. I just love the stuff they put out at this time of year. It was really hard to choose things are there are so many!

I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts. I love the pics. We need to psot more, it fell of onto page two!

I'll post pics when we get back of everything!

Love and hugs to you all -
Tina

o

Erica thank you so much for the box of gifts. I know you haven't been well so this means so much to me. Just to let everyone know Erica sent me:
Soy Candles-honeysuckle, harvest, sweet Cinnamon pumpkin and a candle without a label that smells heavenly. Also I received potpourri and wildflower scent bath and shower gel.
Thanks
Hugs
Mariann

o

Mariann, i'm so glad you like your candles, sorry not to be more orginal or creative. i just love making them and i'm running out of people to give them too. so they have just become my trade mark on gw..lol right debbya. lol i have sent her some this past summer.. have a great week..erica

well off to bed. i have been moved to 2nd shift at the factory so i'm working 3-12 right now---yuck. i have to get me daughter off to school and head to the doc's in the morning before i go to work. i have been sick for 4 months now and i'm not getting much better so off to the doc's again........

o

Oh Erica - I do hope you start feeling better, getting well.
I had a Dr.'s appointment yesterday and I have an upper resp. infection and was very dehydrated. Being dehydrated has made me feel just awful. I have been drinking water like it's going out of style. Very dry mouth....yuck!

Well, we have decided to take a small get away to Chicago for the weekend. The kids was looking so forward to going to drop the puppies off. Susie is sick, bless her heart. I do hope she receives a complete healing. This has been such a trying year for her.
Theresa's husbands company had a small emergency, and they aren't for sure if they can make it up, and I think earthly has been abducted.............where are you woman!???????????????
So, we canceled the puppy drop off, and are just going to take a weekend fun trip! We are going to go to the Sears Tower and the John Hancock Tower. We plan to eat at the Hard Rock Cafe, and have booked a small suite with an indoor pool. Kids are exstatic for that one! Nothing fancy, just comfortable.

Getting the last of our things together tonight and put into the van.

Where is everyone btw? I miss you all so much!
Leave me lots of posts to come home to read! :-)

I'll post last months partners on the other thread when we get back.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.
Hugs to all my Angels!!!
Tina

o

Have a wonderful getaway Tina.Sounds like it will be fun.It is just so nice to get away once in awhile with the family isn't it?I remember when our kids were young we would just take off for Kansas City or wherever For No Reason and we would have a ball.Oh how I miss those times!Take care of yourself and get over that infection.

Erica hope you get well soon.It must be such a bummer for you! You are in my prayers.

Hope everyone has a Super Weekend!
Hugs,Nancy

o

galium--i forgot to ask you if you got the $10 bath and body works coupon? i hope it did not get lost in the packaging.. erica

o

erica, please get well soon, I have no idea what exactly is going on with you, you aren't exactly the chatterbox you know!! if you need someone to write to feel free to e-mail me I am a good listner:)
tina, how lovely! isn't it nice to get away sometimes?
this year is just flying on by!
my mother is having her last back operation monday, so I will be running back and forth again for another month (keep telling myself, winter time is the beast time to get to mess with the horses) still working on my box too, having a hard time finding exactly what I am looking for.
Merry Christmas to all in case I don't get a chance to tell you all, you are a wonderful group of ladies and I am lucky to say I am a part of your group:)

o

Erica,
I read your post and then routed through the box you sent. Yea, I found the coupon. The only scent I use is Lemon and Verbena from Bath and Body. It's more expensive than some of the others but it doesn't bother my allergies.
I too am concerned about your health. If it's a pulmonary illness I might be able to clarify some concerns for you. I was a Respiratory Therapist for many years. On going illness is daunting and depressing.
micke I'm sending good wishes to your mom.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

mariann, that is my all time favorite scent. i havae discarded all others for that product. it's wonderful. gee, look at our commonalities!

erica, well wishes being sent your way.

tina, here i am. don't you or rick read your emails? silly goose. i couldn't find the paper i wrote your number down on, so i couldn't call. hope you had a good time. we'll work it out for later on down the road, if that works for you guys. i couldn't take that drive on my own, too long, too far - gotta wait until someone has time off to do it with me. the only one that could now, i could never take that long a journey with, you'd be reading about me in the papers !!!!

i'm almost done with my box, hope to get it out this week.

have a great sunday everyone.

maryanne

o

Hi All -- I have been living in airports for the past week, but now I am home and HAPPY! There was a lovely box waiting for me -- oh, boy! Goodies from Erica! Beautiful hand-crafted Soy Candles, potpourri and a cute spinner! You are a peach. Thanks so much, and I hope you are feeling better, and will be well for the holidays.

o

Hi My Angels -

I wanted to let you all know that we are back safe and sound. I will post pics this week sometime. I think I may have gotten some really cool scenes from the top of the Sears Tower.

I was sooooooooo happy! so see all of the posts! I did the happy dance :-)

I am so tired, so I will try and catch up more tomorrow.
I love you all.
Good night Angels -
Tina

o
Santa arrived at my house this morning!

I must have been a very good girl this year because I received the most wonderful and exquisite gift package this morning.

Before I start listing off all of the absolutely wonderful gifts in this beautiful holiday gift bag, I have to say that my partner went above and beyond, and really thought about me! when choosing these gifts. The special touches put to each present is just beautiful. Each and every gift is either elegantly wrapped, or nicely tucked into another smaller holiday gift bag with tissue folded perfectly to peek from the top. Each gift wrapped present has a beautiful ribbon tied in a bow. The wrapping itself is gorgeous. It smells heavenly. Everything was so well packed that even tho' the bottom of the box was open! when it arrived, nothing was harmed.

I also want to mention that my pal is anonymous this month. My DH did all that work :-) to make sure that I had a secret pal as well! I almost want to do a process of elemination to see who my wonderful pal is, but I won't! I'll be a good girl.

OK, let me see if I can remember everything (since I wrapped everything back up so Rick could see it when he gets home!)

The first thing is a Night Blooming Cereus 2! cuttings. They arrived in excellent condition. This plant has been in my pals family for three generations, and she shared it with me! I will do my best to give them a loving home and watch them grow, and someday bloom! I LOVE this plant!

One present that didn't get wrapped back up is a beautiful Christmas ornament that is hanging right at the top of my tree for all to see. I had to hang it immediately. It is a clear glass ball with gold glitter and roses inside. It hangs from a beautiful red ribbon. It just glistens on the tree.

This package was themed around a day of relaxation. Included for this is a lavender votive and holder and it smells sooooooooo good. Body milk with lavender and another ingredient that I can't recall at the moment, but it smells so peaceful. Some shower gel that smells of lavender, also heavenly. Lotion with of course, nothing other that lavender! A car freshener scented of lavender.
Oh! a beautiful hand made bracelet of sterling silver and glass beads. Absolutely stunning!
Two CD's "Time James The Promise" and Moonlight Classics. I can not wait to listen to these! Thank you for taking the time to do these for me secret pal. I was so surprised so see them!
Ferrero Rocher Fine Hazelnut Chocolates! My absolute favorite. Thank you
2 adorable pot plant stakes
A package of Natures Sketchbook gardening stickers!

I so hope that I didn't forget anything. I love everything. What makes it so special is that it came from the heart. It is quite obvious, the thought and care that went into this package.

I am truly touched. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Hugs,
Tina

o
also wanted to post that.....

Right before we left for Chicago, I received micreys package. Her and I traded this month since it's her first swap with us. She sent a handmade stocking filled with candy, seeds, soaps (which I absolutely love!) a halmark Christmas ornament, Avon SSS lotion, gardenia hand cream, blank sticky labels and a very nice hand nozzle with various settings for my garden hose.
I love the stocking! Oh, and two littel jingle bells.
Thank you micrey for such a speedy and crafty package. The soaps will be used daily! Just love'em!
Your package will go out sometime this week!

Hugs to all,
Tina

o
Where is everyone?

Well, yesterday around 2pm, I started vomiting, yuck!
So, needless to point out (but I will, LoL), I did not feel up to doing much of anything. Both Rick and I were sick when we left for Chicago. Rick with a sinus infection, me - dehidrated and bronchial (sp?) infection 101 fever. But we made the best of it, and the trip was actually very enjoyable. We had alot of fun.
I'll post more about it when I can post pics.

I want to thank my secret pal once more, for the great package.
Tonight, I took a long hot bath. I used my new shower gel, had my new candle lit and listened to some very beautiful and peaceful music. First I listened to Tim James (or is it Janis? I'll have to do some research) and then to the Moonlight Romance CD. One of my favorite songs, number 3, is on this one!
That was the most relaxing bath I have had in a very long time. Thank you so much. You just don't know how badly I really needed that.
No wine, however, smiles, but instead some bottled water :-)
This was one very special package. I just love everything!
I will be using the hand moistureizer and body lotion as soon as I get off of here. I just love the scents of everything. I should sleep like a baby tonight.

micrey - I sent your package out today. You should get it very soon. Hope you enjoy!

Has anyone else received their package yet?

Hope all is well and everyone is staying warm, and that Sue is staying cool :-)

I miss you all.

Good night angels ~
Tina

o

I mailed my package out today, USPS #0306 1070 0001 7512 4911. The secret part didn't work out! I usually have several packages to mail at once so usually can sneak in a package without a return address for our special swaps. Well not today.. the post office person noticed no return address, and handed me a pen. She calls me by my first name all the time, so I had to write my address down.

I blew the secret part...waaaaa! LOL!

Deb

o

Erica, my hubby used the coupon for Bath and Body. Guess what I'm getting for Christmas. Actually it was a bribe so that I would go clothes shopping with him. He knows how much I detest shopping with him. He can never make up his mind it drives me crazy.

Maryanne, it's amazing that you use Lemon and Verbena from B&B. I love it. You don't live that far from me. We should get together next summer.

Tina, I always have a book or a movie available to relax with. Especially this time of the year.

Kristen you sure do get around. I hope you have time to sight see during your travels.

Hugs,
Mariann

o

Debby -- to keep secret you put as the return address, the address of the person you are sending too.

:)

o

Ok I have a Christmas present For You All.I think this will work if you just copy the link and paste in your address bar.I hope it works.What a Hoot!!

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=f47c528f1c605790f24ae03G06121408

Merry Christmas!! Nancy

o

I am always afraid to put the return address as the address I am sending too in case I goof up on the address, would rather have it come back to me then be permanetly lost, no one should look at the return address! that is cheating LOL!!!!!
Here is another confirmation# 0306 1070 0004 2901 7204

is everybody ready for Christmas? we only have father in law left to buy for, he is the most difficult person to buy for, we are out of ideas:( guess we better get some fast! the lady that works in my post office got a Corvette for Christmas from her DH, my that is some Christmas present! I would be good for gifts for the rest of my life if I got something like that (yes the ugly green monster is raising it's head) I want a brand new Mustang instead though (shh.. My 91 Mustang doesn't need to know about that)
well you all have a great evening:)
michelle

o

I received the greatest box from my Pal today. Inside was the cutest stuffed penguin with skis - I just love him. He's sitting on the stereo next to Santa and Reindeer and Sleigh. and a wonderful smelling Winter forest potpurri and winter pine candle - my house is go to smell so Christmassy! Some garden gloves and ground arabica coffee and a magnetic list pad (can always use these!) Some hickory farms cheddar spread and the biggest gift of all was this wonderful hanging basket with soil and liner and seeds and everything. Will be perfect on my patio. Thanks for a great box, Pal!

o

My box arrived!
I received a yummy gift basket (3 layers) all in oval adorable Snowman 'hat type' boxes. Box one- Striped Fruit Bon Bons, Box two- Strawberry Cream Cookies, Box three-Frosted Oatmeal Cookies, all wrapped up with a big blue bow!

Also, a tin of chocolate pretzels, white confection candy, trail mix.

Thank you so much, Pal! I really love and will enjoy EVERYTHING that you sent!

Deb

o

My box arrived from my "not so secret pal Deb" LOL Oh I just Love it..Love it...Love It!!! The moon and stars soaps smell wonderful and.... The lamp is Gorgeous.Love the little bird in the nest and the ivy and picket fence at the base.And the watering can with the birds nest in the ivy is soo cute too.Those plants look to real! They actually had me fooled when I 1st opened the box.I thought"Now how in the heck didn't those plants freeze this time of year?" LOL Thanks Deb everything is "Just Beautiful!! Happy Holidays!! Nancy

o

Ugh! I was just in the middle of this HUGE post here nad my *^&%&%$@#%@^% computer just up and shut off on me.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

SO, I am just going to make this short and sweet for right now.

I wanted to update on who has received and who is still awaitng Santas arrival.

Received:
hummingbirddaisy
debbya
cedarnest
squanzon
galium

still awaiting-
earthlydelights
bogartbaby
KayEmell
efrosty
micrey
micke

I was soooo in the typing mood, and now I am just aggravated!
I need a new pc. This one is 3 days older than dirt!

I hope all of my angels have a wonderful weekend.
Love and hugs to you all -
Tina

o

my pal must know what a good girl i've been this year, since i was treated ever so kindly and generously. what a massive box that showed up today, everything wrapped so festively.

first, i got an amaryllis. i thank you so much for this. i always look at them but never buy one for myself. this is just perfect. the dirt disc is soaking now and i'll plant it up once it's ready. there is a nice assortment of seeds ~~which included peony poppies~~ one of my all-time favorites. (one of these days i'll have to tell my sad, sad story about my experience with peony poppies)

there was a pair of winter gloves, which are perfect and just in time for winter driving; a neat set of travel size creams/lotions/gel from crabtree and evelyn and several christmas ornaments. a wonderful book called garden gifts which gives the neatest ideas of things to do/make from everything from the garden -- i love it! what a welcome addition to my "library".

there is the cutest chrismtas hanging gingerbread cookie tile -- it is so adorable; an ornament trinket box; a set of autumn cookie cutters; two candles in crocks with lids (i have never seen candles like this before); a really pretty organza bag and houseplant food spikes.

as if all this wasn't enough, there is a christmas mug and bowl; a pair of garden gloves; santa crispy candies; the most beautiful iris wall plaque ~~ which i absolutely LOVE!!!! and then there was a large bag of assorted cookie cutters of all shapes and sizes.

thank you ever so much for such a generous box of assorted goodies. i'm so honored to have received this jammed-packed box, it was like christmas, the presents just kept coming and coming. i'm so grateful, thank you from my heart.

maryanne

o

hello
I got my box today, it had a great snowman dec. and cookies. a santa clause tin, some candies, and christmas oven mitts ( I just starting my holiday baking so this is always handy) that was a totaly unforgivable pun.
thanks for the great gifts
merry christmas
michelle

o

I received ANOTHER BOX! I must of been sooo good this year! LOL!
My Super Secret Santa sent, a really HUGE box with all beautifully wrapped presents!

Poinsettia kitchen towel set-oven mitt, 2 potholders, towel.
So festive, perfect for my kitchen!
The cutest--"Friendship Cookie" set..tin snowflake, yummy cookie mix, potholder.
Plus a green pine candle (burning right now, and smells so good), a 'message plant' in a can (how neat), and a ROOSTER gift set! This set is GORGEOUS! Two rooster mugs, teapot, 2 boxes of tea- Lemon, Green. Also a set of rooster salt & pepper shakers! I adore roosters!

Thank you soooo much Santa! You really outdid yourself! One box would of been enough, but two?! What can I say!
I'm thrilled!

Big HUGE HUGS!

Deb

o

Nancy,
My fingers were crossed that the clay pot wouldn't break! I over bubble wrapped it, so hopefully it arrived in one piece! If it didn't, please let me know. I'll make you another one. I know you love birds, so went with a bird themed lamp. They make such cute night lights, accent lamps. You can pick up the shades at any Michaels, Jo Ann's. I love switching shades for different seasons/rooms.

Deb

o

My box arrived today!!! My secret pal sent me a cute little snowman box with double chocolate fudge cookies in it(yum) Also in my box was a awesome christmas candle, a fabric santa bag with a bar of Gardeners scrub, 3 rosewater scented sachets, a cute little frog necklace, a cd for my kids "tales of wisdom & wonder" (my kids thank you!) and then I got the cutest little jar filled with seeds, thank you for sending the article as well, that is a good idea!
the ornament didn't make it:( I took out the biggest piece, and could tell it was beautiful, those mail people make me mad! there was a corner of the box that was totally ripped open, someone must of been playng football with that box, darn them...
I love everything you sent me, thank you so very, very much!
I loved the card as well and have the same sentiments as you about our wonderful little group:))
Merry Christmas!!!!!!
michelle

o

Hi my Angels -

Sounds like some great boxes are being delivered. Santa is a busy one isn't he (or his helpers anyone :-))

I posted this on another thread, so I am just copying and pasting it hear (to lazy to type it again)

I have a favor to ask of you all. I want to grow herbs/spices this coming season specifically for cooking.
Can you all suggest which wonderful herbs you grow.
I know I want to grow fennel, star anise (spelling?) a variety of thymes and sages. Have several mints. Can you suggest the best way to prepare them for storage?

Also, does anyone (Maryanne) have any great Italian recipes? Also looking for recepies with lots of heat that include beef and chicken. Pastries and pastas also. Oh, and sauces! All kind of sauces!
Bread recipes (made all by scratch/hand, don't have a bread machine).
Ah heck, throw me some great desserts too :-).

I've decided to do alot of crafting and cooking this year. Cooking in the cold month, and crafting when it gets too hot to garden. I've found some really neat ideas for crafting Christmas decorations for next year. I haven't done as much crafting as I've wanted to in the last 6 years and I miss it. Hopefully my house will be finished by late Spring and I can turn my concentration over to other things.

Does anyone have any good holiday recipes they're making up?
I've only done a few, fudge, divinity, chex mix, choc. covered prezzies, and a few cookies.
I think next year, I am going to attemp my first gingerbread house. Do any of you make them?

Well, I better get this posted before my computer gets an attitude and shuts down on me.

Sending love and hugs to you all -
Tina

o

o

ROTFLMBO - Maryanne, is this any indication of your current status? smiles! I have a bottle of sparkling wine just waiting for New Years Eve.
I drink once in blue moon anymore, so one glass will have me looking all *purdy" alright! :-)

Michelle - Hows mom doing? How are you doing? Hangover? LoL
Little birdie told me hee hee.

Julie - Hope you are having a great weekend and that your little getaway will be restful and enjoyable!

Kristen - I miss your wonderful posts!

bogartbaby - Hope you are doing great and the Christmas preps don't have you burried!

Sue - Thank you for the wonderful gift. You are a gem!

Mariann - What types of books do you tend to read? Does anyone now of any good gardening stories?

Micrey - Come post and say hi so all the girls can get to know you. :-)

Erica - How are you feeling? Hope you are mending well!

Nancy - Loved the elfyourself. Too cute! Where are you!???

Deb - Your pal should have made you put one of those gifts under the tree until Christmas morning (with an evil laught muahhhahhahahahaha) smiles!

Oh, I realized that I never posted pals for Novmeber, so here they are:

I sent to Julie
Julie sent to Maryanne
Maryanne sent to Deb
Deb sent to Mariann
Mariann sent to Michelle
Michelle sent to Nancy
Nancy sent to Deanie
Deanie sent to Sue
Sue sent to Erica
Erica sent to Kristen
Kristen sent to me!

Sorry for lagging behind on getting that posted.

Also, I want to apologize for not geting the seed RR out and going.
Please forgive me?
I was thinking that I could get it going in January after the Christmas rush and New Years celebrations.
Does this sound good to everyone?

I have all my seeds in baggies and haven't even started to package them up in a presentable manner. I want to make this a fun and easy robin. I don't want you all to have to work to pick and choose seeds and package them yourselves when the box arrives.
Plus I have a ton of seeds from trades with plenty left over to share.
Speaking of which, I have two envies out there that has been in flight for over a month. I don't think they are going to arrive. I already resend a repacement package, but I haven't heard if that one arrived or not and it's been a few weeks if I am recalling that right.
How is the mail running for everyone else?
I sent a package out last Tuesday for another swap and it is still floating somewhere. I have DC#, but it isn't updating at all..........argh!

Take time to rest and enjoy this time of year and enjoy your families and friends.
I love you all -
Tina

o
Oh, also!

I am thinking about doing a birthday rr. I wanted to let you all know first so if you want in, you have first dibbs.
What'cha think?

Tina

o
And it's me yet again!

I'm not absent minded am I????? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Now, where was I? Oh yea!
I wanted to do an update of who has received so far:

Deb
Nancy
Sue
Mariann
Maryanne
Micrey
Michelle
Tina (that's me!) LoL

Still waiting for the elves to visit is:

Erica
Deanie
Kristen

Get those prezzies out elves! Christmas is a commin'!

Hugs Angels -
Tina

o
and one more time :-)

Deb - I hope your day is filled with lots of love and happiness.

Happy Birthday from all your HA friends

o

We finally got our little tree up today. It looks pretty.
My back is killing me. I've been sewing Christmas presents for my daughter and her fiance'. Had to lay down with a heating pad on my back. I have a bathrobe and a table runner yet to make. This is not fun anymorePhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I still have 10 baby trees to plant from the National Arbor Day Foundation. I dug the bed up yesterday. Luckily it's still relatively warm. Over 50 degrees today.

Happy Birthday Deb.

Hugs,
Mariann

o

Sorry I haven't been on lately.Been preparing for our 1st early Christmas Celebrations.We had 3 to attend over the weekend.Was great seeing everyone but I am sooo full and uncomfortable tonight.LOL I am so tired I feel like I could sleep a week straight but I also feeled all wired up if that makes any sense? So I bet sleep won't come easy.

Hope you had a Happy Birthday Deb!!

Mariann hope your back feels better soon.There is nothing more painful and aggravating. (Hug)

Well I better at least try and go to bed and get some sleep.Maybe I will try a warm bath first.I will check back in tomorrow.
Good Night Everyone!
Hugs,Nancy

o

My uncle passed away early this morning, so I won't be able to write for a while as I will be busy helping my mother. Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you all.
michelle

o

Michelle I'm so sorry to hear of your uncle's passing.
Hugs,
Mariann

o

Michelle,You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hug,Nancy

o

Oh Michelle - I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Love and prayers sweetie.

Hugs,
Tina

o

hello
sorry to hear about your uncle michelle, we lost my grandpa a year ago, my mom in feb, and my grandma in may. this has been a very trying year for me, and my youngest just turned one. my poor husband has been strained trying to keep up with my mood swings latly.

I hope you all have a great christmas and wonderfull new year, and I look foward to trading with you all this next year.
micyrey( I'll go by this name since there are so many michelles)

o

oh micke, my heart goes out to you. i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. i know it's been a little rough on you lately, but my heart believes you are truly a strong woman. keep the faith.

dang micrey, God's blessings on you. i thought i had a rough year.

kristen, i was reading through some old horti posts in order to get a better feel for some of you that aren't so familiar to me and i must say, i ran across your picture of your green pottery. what a lovely collection. how long have you been collecting and what made you go with just the one color? i'll have to keep my eye out. do you only collect mccoy, or as long as it is the color? i have quite a bit of mccoy and roseville and so much other, but not one piece of that green. i had to stop in my tracks and think about it after seeing that picture.

seems this group has gone through a few hostesses and many players - some of those older names i don't even recognize.

deb, how was your birthday, do anything special?

have a good night everyone
maryanne

o

Micke, so sorry to hear about your uncle passing. You and your family will be in my prayers. Someone sent me this poem last year after we lost a nephew on Christmas Eve. I would like to share with all of you who have lost a loved one.

o

Deanie,
Thanks for posting "My First Christmas in Heaven"...
I lost my Dad to colon cancer. He was only 57.

Deb

o
'My First Christmas in Heaven'

Deanie -- Thank you for sharing "My First Christmas in Heaven"...it's so comforting and beautiful.

Michelle -- Please know that you are in all our prayers as you mourn for your uncle.

Maryanne -- Thanks for your interest in my pottery collection. I collect vases of all kinds, only that particular seafoam green color. It can be McCoy, Weller, cheapo-crapola or anything at all. It's so fun to go flea-marketing with a purpose in mind.

Oh, and Deb, a very belated, but very sincere Happy Birthday!

o

Oh gracious me -- my DH just brought in my wonderful December box from my Secret Pal and we had the best time opening it and oohing and ahhing over all the goodies! It was pretty amusing because he asked me about 15 times, "Now, who sent all this to you again?" LOL! He just doesn't understand the concept of a group of fun, creative, loving women who have never met each other exchanging gifts!

So let me share the amazing and generous gifts my amazing and generous pal sent me: First of all, she is one smart pal, because she packed some kitty and doggie treats for my four-legged kids. Judging from the flurry of hysterically wagging tails, these goodies were much appreciated!

The goodies in the box seemed unending! They were all beautifully wrapped in metallic gold paper. First, I unwrapped two darling porcelain snowmen ornaments; then, a lovely snowflake candle on a silver candle dish; next, a greatly-needed supply of cute Christmas gift tags; then, a huge bag of daffodil bulbs (already chilling in the fridge in preparation for late winter forcing); and finally -- oh my goodness -- a gigantic box of Baci (my very favorite hazlenut chocolate candy -- yes, I am Italian) and some Toblerone -- another all-time favorite.

Pal, how can I ever thank you? Your generosity and creativity are so very much appreciated! You made my day! I wish I could give you a big sloppy smooch and hug! So just please know that there is one very grateful Hortiholic tonight.

Love to you, and love to all!

o

Hi Everyone.Well Our Mad Christmas Dash Starts Already Tomorrow and Will Run Pretty Much Non Stop Thru Christmas so...I Wanted To Make Sure I Got On Here To Post Before Tomorrow.

I absolutely Love being a member of Hortiholics Anon.Thanks for letting me join.I consider all of you very special friends of mine and *Hope You All Have A Very Merry Blessed Christmas* Stay Safe In Your Travels and I Will Be Back After Christmas To Hear What Santa Brought You All! Hope my brother don't give me coal again this year.He thinks thats sooo funny.I need to keep reminding him I'm not 7 anymore.Bless his heart though.I know hes just a teaser,I wouldn't want him any other way.
Love You All! : ) Nancy

o

thank you every one for the condolences. Funeral was today, it was just gravesite, but it is so hard when you have 6 brothers and sisters and half of them are not speaking and my Uncles step daughter openly sobbing when she has not taken the time to visit him in the past year and they live in the same town, I have a lot of anger issues over the way he was treated his last few years (she threw a screaming fit at him when she found out the farm was to be sold because he needed to be in town because of health issues)
What a family! my mother and I promised each other this was to be the last time we had to be forced to be around those people.
whew! Now I can finally slow down and take a breath.
has anyone heard from efrosty here lately? is she doing okay?
well gotta get some late night house cleaning done!
michelle

o

Michelle - I know how disfunctional familiea are and I truly feel for you. Just glad that it is over with now and you can rest and start to greive.
Sending you hugs

Deanie - Thank you for sharing the poem. Someone sent me that last year. It is such a comforting sentiment.

Hope that Christmas is wonderful for each of you.

Erica where are you dear? Have you received your box yet?
Deanie - Have you received your box yet?

Hugs my Angels
Tina

o

i am so friggin sad.

Label/Receipt Number: 0304 1560 0007 4633 1588

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

booooooo hoooooooooooo

sorry pal
maryanne

o

Maryanne,
I've never seen that message before! What in the heck is misrouted?!

Deb

o

my box went astray. apparently on the wrong truck or something. similar to airlines loosing luggage. i mailed 5 packages on monday, not one is where it is supposed to be or delivered and i have confirmation on every one. i'm hoping tomorrow brings better news.

o

Hello everyone! Our picture thread was burried on the second page, so I posted a few pics to bring it back up!
Tina, I did not receive anything yet but will post as soon as I do. It will probably show up here any day now.
Mucho Christmas smoooochies and hugs to you all!!!!
Fa la la la la ...... I better stop sipping on the eggnog! Starting to feel realllly gooood!!!!
Talk to you soon.
Deanie

o

LoL at Deanie! So good to see you posting!
Hugs and smoochies back at'cha sweets!

Hugs and kisses to all of you.
I'm so blessed to call you all friends.

Maryanne - We all know how loving of a trader you are, so no worries. Your pal will just get to celebrate Christmas a little longer than usual! Nothing bad about that!

Have a wonderful night Angels
Tina

o

Maryanne, the package still has a whole week left before December is over. ;) Tina is right, it will just extend the celebration. I love the month of Dec. we celebrate almost all month long( Noooo..... we are not boozehounds)!
It started with Dec.6th- St. Nikolaus day in Europe. DH brought home a big box of Godiva chocolates for Mama ( that would be me) the kids got candy and sweets in a Santa boot. Dec.12th my BD- DH bought Mama a SUV (he must be loosing it) I love him anyway! Our anniversary is on Sunday the 24th, then Christmas, then on the 29th. my son's BD, on the 30th. DH BD, and then new years eve!!!! Yepeee!!! it is just one big party.
O.K., everything is starting to swim a little in front of me, I had two little cups of eggnog(spiked with rum) and than a glass of wine. I don't think that was a good combination, I realy need to learn how to drink!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!!!!

o

hmm.... I thought I was the only one that got tipsy and then decided to start to post everywhere:) It is kinda funny cause I am trying to concentrate so hard on the keys, now where did that g go too? hmm... hiccup... two little cups of eggnog, yeah right, that stuff is so good no way could I stop at 2. you can't taste the rum and at 80 proof it just kinda sneaks up and bites ya on the rear end!!!!!!

erica, come out come out where ever you are, getting concerned hope you are okay?

o

hello ladies, how have all oF you been? me? well so so. still coughing out my lungs. you would think at 28 i was smoking 3 packs of cig.'s a day the way i am coughing, BUT i quit years ago. still no one has a clue on how to get rid of it. i had ct scans done this week, and more meds that don't work. then i had family from fla. this past weekend. so i didn't even get to open my box until today. my hubby thought it was from my sister in fla. so he put it under the tree too open for xmas.

i received so many wonderful things
2 4packs of hair holders--which i always need..
xmas dish towel,oven mit,and apron-i just love snowmen lol
tin full of candy, mug full of candy pink santa hats with lots of suckers in it--my daughter was very pleased to help me open my box..lol bear salt and pepper shakers, 2 hoilday bear figurines, kitty cat calendar. and my favorite 4 BOOKS...I LOVE TO READ..THANK YOU SO MUCH PAL. YOU BRIGHTEN MY DAY.

thank you all for your well wishes. i return back to day shift next week 5am-3pm. it's alot better then 3pm-1am that's for sure.so i hope to be able to get back on track with my replies and updates.

is anyone winter sowing this year? it's been so warm this winter i'm worried on how they will turn out..
GOD BLESS AND MERRY CHRISTMAS..erica

o

Maryanne, I had a package with the same message from USPS. It was missent to NC 2 times and was hung up there for 3 weeks. The package was actually going to MD. Finally it arrived to the person and all worked out well. I was sweating bullets though. Have no fear it will arrive to it's destination.

Erica, I'm winter sowing. Don't have much out yet. I'm waiting until it gets a little colder. It's 5AM here and already 50 degrees. What's that about??? Respiratory illness can linger. Hang in there...

Deb, thanks so much for the wonderful gifts you sent me in November. I loved everything.

I finally finished my sewing. Still have some wrapping to do. We received a box of cheeses and summer sausage from one of my sisters and her husband. (The dairy farmers) Can't wait to dive into that... Oh, I spent quality time with my daughter yesterday. We went to breakfast, shopping and to a movie. We saw 'Night at the Museum'. A funny feel good movie. It takes place at the Museum of Natural History in NYC. I've always enjoyed that museum. Any way we laughed all day and had a great time.
Hugs everyone,
Mariann

o

My surprise box arrived today!!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you to my wonderful, giving and thoughtful secret pal!!!! Everything was wrapped so beautiful, there was a blue little basket with snowman all over full of napkin rings. They will get used on a daily basis! A toasted coconut lotion, my DH fav.scent( I will rub that all over myself tomorrow night)Oh lala!!!!
Two Christmas themed hand towels, they will be perfect in my guest bathroom. Mandarin theraphy body soak from the healing garden with the cutest little wooden scoop attached to it( I love fruity scents)
A santa candy jar( I collect santas) full of surprise bulbs, I will plant them right after Christmas. A decorative basket with Christmas napkins( already sitting on my kitchen table), another bundle of holiday napkins tied with a red ribbon, a pack of pretty thank you cards, a instant flower garden seed mat(marigolds) I plant them around my tomatos to keep the bugs away.
Then there was a pack of stationary paper with little snowflakes all around and snowed in houses on the bottom, almost to pretty to write on. Bogart also got a present from the secret santa, a big pack of cat grass that will make him one happy cat( he is always chewing on my flowers)
And last was a Garden Planner Book, where you can mix and match the pages to help you plan the perfect beds and borders. This is realy neat, I have never seen anything like that before. Secret Pal, you must have seen my garden beds LOL, thank you sooooo much you have outdone yourself. Oh wait, I almost forgot the pretty christmas card with a angel on it and the yummy bread that I already ate. If you made it yourself, I would love to get my hands on that recipe it was simply delicious!!!
Wishing you all the Joy of the season and many blessings for the New Year!!!!!

o

Deb

o

Yeah!!!! All packages have arrived! Excellent job Angels! You've made Santa very proud :-)

So, does anyone want to guess who sent to them?

I am going to guess that my pal was Gallium.
One of her favorite musicians is Tim Janis, and she loves to make jewelry. I received both in my gift package.
I have to admit, I am going to ask Rick tonight.
I took a peek over the partners list day before yesterday to see who was sending to Deanie and Erica, but tried not to scan over it too much, LoL.

Wishing Each of You a Very Merry Christmas.
Love to you all
Tina

o

R E L I E F!!!! guess there's no mistake who i sent to. i'm just so thankful the box got there. what a strange message - what a time for it to go astray.

deanie, i'm so glad you liked the box. when i read your questionnaire and you mentioned that you were new to gardening and needed a little help, that book seemed so appropriate. i love the way you can mix and match each page to determine levels and colors. sure hope you get lots of use from it.

mariann, i saw that movie last night with a dear friend i haven't seen in a while. i was almost ready to cancel because there is a lot left to do, but thought the heck with it. we had great conversation, a decent dinner and then quite a few laughs at that movie. i too enjoy that museum.

erica, glad to hear you are feeling better. totally sucks when it lasts forever and no one can put their finger on exactly what's what.

well, everyone have a wonderful christmas. i have one last gift to buy for my nephew and i think he's just going to get a gift card to a video game store. i thought yesterday of going out, but once i left the confines of my area to run an errand, it was too chaotic so i changed my mind. i had something for him, but i changed my mind. i really don't know how people do their shopping the last few days. i pick things up all year long and am done well before thanksgiving and never venture out on the black friday. on a rare occasion i have to pick something else up and if i do, it's long before the lunatics are out clearing off shelves and touching everything. God bless the retail personnel at this time of year.

may all your christmas dreams come true!
maryanne

o

Every day is Christmas
when you have the kind of mind,
That stores up all the goodness
and the sweetness it can find
When you don't need an occasion,
to spread a bit of cheer,
But just keep on a-giving,
of yourself throughout the year

Every day is Christmas,
with a gaily wrapped surprise,
When you've learned to see the friendship,
in someone else's eyes.
When you try a little harder,
and complain a little less,
Holding fast to all the fervor
of the faith that you possess

Every day is Christmas,
when you've found that you can be
More concerned with words like "you"
and less with "I" and "me".
When it's fun to do a favor,
and to lend a helping a hand,
When being understood means less,
than when you understand

Every day is Christmas,
with a beauty deeply cast,
When you find it doesn't matter,
if you're first or if you're last
When you can face your conscience,
and be glad of what you are,
Then every day is Christmas,
with a stable and star.

unknown

o

o

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I must have been a real good girl because I received so many presents. My hubby went above and beyond this year. So did my daughter and her fiance.

Ladies, I have a daffodil popping up... It was close to 60 degrees here yesterday. Strange weather. I'm not doing anymore winter sowing just yet. I keep checking the seeds I've already started for signs of germination. So far nothing, hope it stays that way.

Hugs,
Mariann

o

Hi My Angels ~

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas!
We had a pretty nice laid back Christmas.
Went to the in-laws for a simple meal at noon.
The kids really enjoyed the day.
My baby (Lain, along with daddys help) got me the 7 Magic Bullet. I just love it! Have already used it several times :-)

We have a new member: Dawiff!
She's been a GWer for quite awhile.
Welcome Alison!

Here was the line-up for Decembers Secret Santa

hummingbirddaisy sent to debbya
debbya sent to cedarnest
cedarnest sent to sguanzon
sguanzon sent to earthly
earthly sent to bogartbaby
bogartbaby sent to KayEmell
KayEmell sent to Micke
Micke sent to efrosty
efrosty sent to gallium
gallium sent to hummingbirddaisy

hummingbirddaisy and micyrey also traded

Mariann - Thank you for such a wonderful box. You really touched my heart. I just love everything! You are a wonderful trade partner and friend. Big hugs to you. Thank you again. Your time and care really showed.

Sending much love to you all
Tina

o

Sending giant hugs to my December swap partner!
Thank you Miss Hummingbirddaisy! ;)

o

sue, i too wish to thank you. that was just an incredible box and the amount of postage blew me away. (i can never help looking at that! LOL)

alison, hello. long time no see. nice to see you back in the exchanges. i still have a beautiful picture frame and garden picture sitting on my desk that you sent me in the birthday swap! so nice to see you again.

maryanne

o

Tina, I enjoyed putting the box together for you.
Hugs,
Mariann

Hi
Alison

Mariann

o

thank you so much Kristen for my box, I really loved everything that was in it:)
(lotsa hugs going your way:))
welcome Alison, would do some neat little graphics, but too computer illeterate for that yet:)
michelle

o

Thanks again Nancy - I really loved my box!

Sue G.

o

You are very welcome Sue.: )

Welcome Alison.It's nice to have you with us : )

I want to thank you again Deb for the Marvelous Box I received.I have gotten sooo many compliments on the lamp.It is gorgeous! : )

Happy New Year Everyone!
Hugs,Nancy

o

Deb - You are quite welcome sweetie :-)

I have sent out partners info for January and posted a ne thread. Please let me know if you don't receive my e-mail.

You all be safe and enjoy New Years Eve.
Wishing you each lots of happiness, blooms and health for the New Year.

Lots of love to each of my Angels -
Tina

o

Thanks very much for the welcome! I am really excited and looking forward to being part of this little group in 2007.

Maryanne/earthly, I am so pleased that you remember me and still have some of the items I sent you in 2005. I was involved heavily in the Round Robin Exchange that year, and at the end of the year, I was just burned out! I needed to take the year off. But now I'm back and raring to go!

Actually, one reason why I joined is because, after the Christmas I just had, I needed a little pick-me-up. This was basically the year without a Christmas.

I got sick with the flu the week before Christmas, but we still decided to go down to visit my DS in Pennsylvania. BUT on Christmas morning at about 5:30 a.m., the cell phone awakened us with the news that my MIL had been found by the neighbors the night before collapsed on her kitchen floor. She'd had a stroke and was in the hospital. My DH is British, and so of course, MIL lives in England. So......we had to spend Christmas day driving home from Pennsylvania to Massachusetts, so that DH could pick up his passport and book a flight home to England. Christmas dinner was a McDonald's chicken sandwich and fries at a rest stop on I-95.

Anyway, DH is still there and I'm home alone. She's in her 80s, so the prognosis is for only a limited recovery.

Well, that's my sad story, sorry it's such a downer. You all have so much fun on this exchange board, I thought joining would be just the pick-me-up I need!

Alison

o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday DEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR NANCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyyy, Tooooooooooooooooo Youuuuuuuuuuuu :-)

Hugs and love Sweetie!

Alison ~ It is great to see you posting! Hoping that the New Year brings you much happiness and peace.

You all be safe and have a wonderful time tonight!

Hugs Angels -
Tina

o

Happy Birthday Nancy!
Also, everyone have a safe, healthy, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here