Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wilmoth_gw

NEW: Sponsor a Newbie

wilmoth
16 years ago

I want to start a new Round Robin called Sponsor a Newbie...I will be sponsoring a newbie. This RR will not be posting out till February...what I am looking for is some one to sponsor a newbie.. so i will let 25 newbies 6-12 months or less on GW get in on this if they have a sponsor...If someone has a newbie in mind please let me know if you would like to sponser them...The RR for this will allow newbies to post wants till the end of January and Im sure we can help them out ...Seeds are due to me by Febuary 15th ..to be mailed out the end of Febuary...

Comments (150)

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I would love to sponser someone if anyone needs a sponser. I have a variety of seeds. lillies being my favorite. just give me someone. I'll be kind. thankyou carol

• king_o_seeds
    16 years ago

Donna, I'll take veeja or tod it doesn't matter,whoever has the most time on their hands,I would pick to be my sponsor.
    Thanks,
    Lucas

• tod65
    16 years ago

Lucas.
    I would be more than happy to sponser you.
    Just send me your wish list.

Tod
    Seed to Seed Gardens

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed to Seed Gardens

• ladygladys
    16 years ago

Melanie, I received the seeds today! Thank you so much for the extras too! You are so generous!

Gladys

• flowergardenlady
    16 years ago

Kliddle and Katmatney your seeds went out in the mail today, so watch those mailboxes...seeds are coming your way!! I hope you enjoy them...:)

Jeanene

• veeja11
    16 years ago

I still need a newbie, sign up newbie I wanna help you

• rosepedal
    16 years ago

Donna you are wonderful. I cannot wait to start my redbud trees. I was jumping up and down. My fiance wsa giving me a strange look until I showed him what you sent us and he was jumping up and down. Thank you for the wonderful selection. All the hardwork you do for so many newbies is just great. Barb

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

veeja11 daffodillady still needs a sponsor shes out of town you can sponsor her she has to post her wants still ok she will be back after the 30th.Thanks rosepedal I hope you enjoy and will have many seeds to share next season stop by in our roundrobin swaps to help build you up some new things.........Hugs to all.......................Donna

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Okay Daffodillylady, you are mine, when you get back and let me know your wants. can't wait. carol's got a newbie !!!
    happy carol!!!

• cattjovi
    16 years ago

I'm a newbie and would love to join your list but here's the sad part. I can't figure out how to create my want list or have list. Love all salvia, penstemons, coneflowers.
    Arlene

• nuthatch_mo
    16 years ago

Arlene,
    go all the way to the bottom of the page to the green strip, click on member pages, then click on edit your trade list, type in your have and want list, click on submit and that is all there is to it.
    Nancy

• chrystallake_2007
    16 years ago

Donna
    since Shootthtdeer has not been back on, nor answered any of my posts, I can take another newbie, if there is one.

Gladys
    So glad you were happy with the assortment of seeds, Happy Gardening
    Melanie

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Ferguson303, your seeds are in the mail. Jwink246 I've got yours packed and ready. I'll let you know when I get your envelope and mail them out.

Donna, if you have anyone else sign up that needs a sponsor I'll be glad to sponsor another newbie.

Ginger

• lillyjane
    16 years ago

I am a newbie, well really a preemie lol '') I just signed up today & not at all sure how this works? I would like to learn if some one has the time to walk me through this '') it all is very interesting to me '') jan

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

that leaves cattjovi for sponsorship....I will sponsor lillyjane if I have some of her wants......Chrystallake can you pick up cattjovi??? ........................... So cattjovi and lillyjane please post some of your wants for all of us to see..A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THE ..... SPONSORS............ ...ALL OF YOU ARE REALLY DOING ALOT FOR THIS NEWBIES ROUNDROBIN.......... AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW ...........YOU ARE LOVED FOR IT.......Donna

• lillyjane
    16 years ago

Thanks sooo much for the sponsorship '') I can't wait till I get up & going good so I can sponser someone also :B so here is my wish list cone flowers marigolds petunias sage poppies sunflowers black eyed susans lantanas phlox tomatoes we love humming birds & butterflies so anything that attracts them will be great & also any suprise packets would just be awsome '') I know there is more on my list but this is all I can think of right now. Thanks sooo much '') jan

• nuthatch_mo
    16 years ago

Donna (wilmoth),
    If it won't cause much of a problem. I would like to sponsor lillyjane. I have alot of plants for hummingbirds and butterflies. So let me know.
    Nancy

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

NUTHATCH OK YOU CAN SPONSOR LILLYJANE......

• daffodillady
    16 years ago

I am home, and am so excited to hook up with you, veeja11. I have updated my trade page, but can not get it to come up on a search--what am I doing wrong? I love anything that attracts hummers and butterflies, as well as those on my list. I heard one time that the only difference between a weed and a flower is what a person thinks is pretty- therefore- there are not very many weeds in my world-lol!!

• bigmama4ever
    16 years ago

has amelia from z9 got one yet? if not ill do it send me an e ...norma

• ferguson303
    16 years ago

Ginger,

I received the seeds today - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I was overwhelmed with what you have sent and do truly appreciate this. I was not expecting this. I will have to do some research to learn about these. I can not wait until spring.

Thank you,
    Michael

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Michael,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that the seeds arrived safely. I hope that whatever you decide to plant does well for you.

Ginger

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ramazz has Ameliapepperlady but dont worry we will have more...... A BIG THANKS TO ALL SPONSORS.........I think crystallake has catjovi... but Im not sure so bigmama if you want to sponsor cattjovi?

• bigmama4ever
    16 years ago

absolutely, lookin for z9 send e one4everbigmama@yahoo.com

• kelboindy
    16 years ago

I got my seeds from Tina, How exciting!!! She was so generous and has helped me learn how to navigate this site better. What a wonderful person she is, and what a wonderful idea this was! Thank you Tina with all my heart, And thank you to all you 'oldies' for being so kind!!!

• lillyjane
    16 years ago

Oh Nancy! You really out did you self on the seeds! '') Soooo many different kinds! And those cute little envelopes! Thanks so much, You were so quick to respond also. It was just like Christmas when your packet came, it entertained me for hours just lookin up the kinds that I didn't know what they were, but you also hit home with the coneflowers & some other favorites. I have had them for about 3 days now & still sit & go through them in amazment! '') Thanks sooo much, Jan '') p.s. I can't wait till plantin time !

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Thank you, Kelboindy for being a lovely newbie -- it was a pleasure to help you! Enjoy!
    --Tina

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I SEE THAT ALL THE SPONSORS ARE STILL DOING A GREAT JOB. All the newbies when you share your thanks to your sponsor it is so nice for all of us to see....Just wanted to remind everyone Christmas is almost here so I want to wish everyone a merry one and speaking of sponsors and newbies if you donate to a child this Christmas season coats and shoes are always better than toys...I like to know they are warm and well .THANKS TO THIS FORUMS MEMBERS SPONSORS AND NEWBIES..........PICK UP A ANGEL TREE CHILD THIS CHRISTMAS AND SHARE THE LOVE.......DONNA

• katmatney
    16 years ago

Hello Donna
    I just wanted to give a great big thank you to Donna and Jeanene. Wow, what a great group of people. I am having such a great time as a newbies on this forum. Everyone is so generous and considerate. Thanks for your time and generosity to the NEWBIES. It is truly appreciated
    kathy

• king_o_seeds
    16 years ago

Good news! (at least for me)LOL. I got Tods seeds! I would like to thank everyone for giving us newbies something to start from. Thanks Tod for being my sponsor, and Donna for hosting this RR. Thanks again,
    Lucas

• kterlep
    16 years ago

I am so sorry, I got the package the week of Thanksgiving and then I couldn't remember where this thread was to post a thank you.

MY SEEDS ARE GREAT! WOOO THANK YOU M!

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Hi! I received my seeds today from Monica! She was soooooo generous and such a great person,Thanks so much Donna for doing this and thanks a bunch to you Monica for sending me such a wonderful package of seeds!:)Put me on the list next year to be a sponsor,I cant wait to bring this much joy to some one else!:) Happy Holidays!~Angie

• ferguson303
    16 years ago

Donna, picked up two Angels off the Angel tree at work. Think I got carried away with what I got, but it's all for a very good cause.

Can't wait until planting season, my yard will be the best looking one in the neighborhood!!!

• maricybele
    16 years ago

Hi I am a newbie,

I would love a sponsor who specializes in cool climate veggie/fruit, herb, edible flowers. Anyone who knows seed saving and winter sowing would be great. I am in Oregon Climate. I have so many questions and so far I love all my gw friends.

Thanks.

• ray.theiceman
    16 years ago

Hi. I am a newbie and would love to have a sponser. I am looking for veggies, ornamentals and any kind of flower that likes to come back on it's own. Thanks for looking and thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas everyone. Ray

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

jwink,

I got your envelope and mailed your seeds out yesterday.

Ginger

• kilngod
    16 years ago

I'll adopt ray.theiceman -- We're in the same zone and state, and although I don't have much in the veggie dept, I've got plenty of the others he's interested in.

Ray, I'm emailing this to you as well.

--Tina

• healing32eire
    16 years ago

Hello! You all sound like such lovely people, plus you're garden lovers, so this is a group I definitely would like to get to know! I'm a newbie to GW (3 months), transplanted from N. Ireland to east-southern Illinois, and would be ever-so-grateful if someone would sponsor me. I am a confessed plant-a-holic . My trade lists are pretty large, yet still incomplete. Specialties are roses (I'm a consulting rosarian & hybridizer, but that's only to feed my plant addictions;-), cannas, dahlias, oh heck PLANTS!
    Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to sponsor me!
    Red Willow (Rua Saileach in Irish - 'roo-ah sahl-icks') My trade lists are at healing32eire.

• cattjovi
    16 years ago

I'm confused after reading some of the post, was I suppose to send SASBE and postage to my sponsor?
    Arlene

• thelwig55
    16 years ago

I do not fully understand the process of the Round Robins, but would love to learn, I am new to gardening and growing, starting propagating with cuttings and a mist system, now got hooked on seed growing. I would like to have a sponsor this year and would love to sponsor next year.
    My obsessions this year are:
    Dahlias, seeds like the fact they can be different from the mother plant
    Day Lily seeds, no yellow or orange
    Black berry lily seeds
    Delphiniums
    mini sunflowers
    Giant Zinnias
    Rose hips
    Coleus, love bright colors
    foxgloves
    snap dragons
    dill
    gerber daisy
    hardy geraniums
    helleborus
    hardy hibiscus
    hardy lavender
    color cascade series, lobelia
    lupine
    pansies
    parsley
    penstemon barbatus
    petinia, I love the minis and the wave series
    rosemary
    salivia, red,white have purple
    statice
    veronica
    These are just ideas, love cut type flower, really love dahlias, roses and day lilies, want to try hybreeding this summer, have 8 acreas that I want to put in several new gardens. Thank to anyone willing to sponsor me!
    Let me know if I did this wrong,
    Tammy

• growbabiesgrow
    16 years ago

Hi I am a newbie,
    I would love a sponsor who specializes in cool climate veggie/fruit, herb, edible flowers. Anyone who knows seed saving and winter sowing would be great. I am in Oregon Climate. I have so many questions and so far I love all my gw friends. I have left my email. Thank you very much.

Thanks.
    growbaby is the same as maricybele, my other name isn't letting me post.

hassanz@pacifier.com

• reginaaginar
    16 years ago

Hi!
    I am very new to this forum. I joined here on 5th dec`07. My heart lies in growing veggies from seeds.I am more interested in heirlooms (though hybrids are great too ) mainly because it is possible to save seeds ;). I like flower gardening and plant propagation too - despite the fact that only a tiny fraction of the cuttings survive the encounter with my brown thumb :(
    I would be glad if somebody would be willing to sponsor me.

I am keeping my fingers crossed in anticipation!
    Regina

• veeja11
    16 years ago

Dafodillylady your seeds are packed and ready to go but I lost your addy please send it to veeja3@wmconnect.com
    thankyou, sorry I'm so slow, I am a florist and work is hot and heavy this time of year, thankyou carol

• mokey
    16 years ago

Hi all!
    i have watched this thread grow and grow and have finally decided to put my name in for a sponsor. as of late, i have gotten into tropicals, ferns, roses, coleus and brugs. i like bright colors and most large leaf plants. i am a 2nd season gardener trying to be patient in my wait for the growing season to start.

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello everyone..............Ferguson you will be blessed as will all the angel tree sponsors......I see all the SPONSORS have done a great job here....I have been unable to post like forever....Special thanks to Threas for the info on posting....Well I see we need a sponsor for growbaby..........healing32eire..................thelwig55...........reginaaginan..........and mokey........Catjovi.....Yes... you are to send a SASBE to your sponsor.............. NOTE...........Sponsors put alot of work into this.....Anyone recieving a sponsor....... will be responsible for sending proper postage and ..........SASBE..........to his/her sponsor...Thanks to everyone..........Donna

• daffodillady
    16 years ago

Donna,
    I can help Mokey with a few plants, if she is close enough that we can meet in person. It is too cold for mailing plants now, but I have assorted unnamed nubby brugs cuttings, red canna tubers, nubby confererate rose cuttings and dark red rose hips. Mokey will still need a sponsor for other things though.
    Beth

• kilngod
    16 years ago

I can adopt Mokey for seeds, have things that fit her wants. Mokey, I'm sending you email.

--Tina

• brendasue99
    16 years ago

SUSAN IN NC
    AND EVERYONE ELSE.

I AM REAL LATE DO THIS AND I REALLY APOLOGIZE. I HAVE BEEN REAL BUSY SINCE MY 87 YR MOM LIVES WITH US.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SEEDS AND THINKING OF US NEWBIES.
    I CAN'T WAIT TILL SPRING TO PLANT AND I HOPE I HAVE GOOD LUCK.

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH.

BRENDA

• wilmoth
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Regina ......I pick you to sponsor so please post me a wants list of some things that you are looking for..........Donna.............All other newbies looking for sponsors please share some things you would like to recieve or are looking for.......Thanks ....Donna.............................
    Regina... email me for my address............ donnawilmoth2000@yahoo.com

• saxophonegirll
    16 years ago

i am a newbee, lost everything i had last year to fire and flood..just starting an unheated greenhouse..im new to gardenweb, please let me know.
    saxophonegirll@yahoo.com