Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
NEW: Sponsor a Newbie

Posted by wilmoth z-5-6-7va. (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 15:53

I want to start a new Round Robin called Sponsor a Newbie...I will be sponsoring a newbie. This RR will not be posting out till February...what I am looking for is some one to sponsor a newbie.. so i will let 25 newbies 6-12 months or less on GW get in on this if they have a sponsor...If someone has a newbie in mind please let me know if you would like to sponser them...The RR for this will allow newbies to post wants till the end of January and Im sure we can help them out ...Seeds are due to me by Febuary 15th ..to be mailed out the end of Febuary...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: Sponsor a Newbie

• Posted by kliddle 5 in the front 7b in (My Page) on
    Thu, Nov 8, 07 at 16:52

i am a newbie, would like to participate.

o

I am confused, but that is nothing new. :)

I would love to sponsor a newbie. Can I, huh, can I huh huh?

Susan in NC

o

I am a newbie, just joining a month or two ago and would love to be included in this forum and have someone sponsor me. Please let me knowthanks
kathy

o

I am a newbie and don't have much of anything. I would like to be a part of this.

ferguson303@hotmail.com

o

I don't have anyone in mind to sponsor, would like to be matched to someone.

Thanks,
Susan

o

Hello I will try and see........We will need sponsors for any newbies.........Sponsors will donate 10 or more seed packs for their chosen newbie.I thought this might be a good way to meet some of the new members.Let me know if you would/could sponsor someone as I have a limit of 25 newbies in this..If I cannot get sponsors ........I cannot run this newbie round robin.....We have 3 newbies here and crazypalmlady is a newbie ..... I will be curlers and flipflops sponsor to her surprise... so gw members help me out here ok...Newbies will be responsible for sasbe return postage........if we get enough sponsors....We have alot of good people here. I dont think we will have a problem getting sponsors for all 25......so we will need 23 sponsors and 20 more new newbies

o

thanks susan you can pick any newbie posted here thanks sooooo much..........donna

o

Hi, Donna, I'm a newbie and would love to participate in this RR.

Thanks,
Gladys

o

Donna
I would like to sponsor 2 newbies. I would like to sponsor your mother and also I will take Gladys. Let me know if this is ok.

o

Donna,
I think it would be better to just send the seeds directly to the newbie, this way it is less postsge and also less work for you. What do you think? I have found this to be a better way.

o

Hi a newbie here. This is really nice of all of you to do this. I am trying to gather seed for my garden next year. Thanks for helping us all out like this. Barb

o

Hi Donna,
I can sponser a couple of newbies also..

o

I'm a newbie. I'm available if anyone is looking for a newbie to sponsor.

Thanks to everyone!

o

I am new to Garden Web. Can I please join this Round Robin?
Thanks.
Brendasue99

o

Donna,
If Brendasue99 is looking to be sponsored, I will take her.

Brendasue, we are the same zone!

Thanks,
Susan in NC

o

chrystallake2007 can you pick up katmatney im working my way down the list ok thanks.donna.......now all the newbies can post wants here my mom is looking for perennials and cannas anything odd or strange looking...

o

crystal yes take mom and gladys because i need to pair katmatney with a flowergardenlady thanks...donna

o

flowergardenlady can you pick up kliddle and katmatney please let me know...Newbies please post a wants list.All newbies will need to send a sasbe to their sponsor..sponsors can let you know the postage rates. Remember this runs till February but if your sponsor mails your seeds out i will still run this RR for other newbies till the end of February thanks to all you newbies..and thanks sssooooo much to you sponsors...donna

o

Hi, I can sponsor one newbie, will take kliddle or katmatney just let me know which one.
Nancy

o

crystal, thanks for volunteering to be my sponsor :)! These are my dream wants:
Ageratum-Floss Flower
Armeria maritima-Sea Pink
Calla Lily
Corncockle-Agrostemma githago
Cup and Saucer Vine-Cobaea scandens
Cypress Vine
English Daisy
Gerbera Daisy
Glory of the Snow-Chionodoxa luciliae
Impatiens walleriana
Love in a Mist-any color but white
Lilac
Monarda
Oriental Poppies
Periwinkle
Primrose-Artic Mixed
Pyrethrum-Robinson's Mix
Scabosia
Trumpet vine-orange
Viola Johnny-Jump-Up
Viscaria oculata-Catchfly Angel/Rose of Heaven

I would appreciate any of these seeds if ya have them.
Thanks again!
Gladys

o

Hi,
I want to thank everyone on this web site. I'm a newbie and everyone has been so kind. I feel like I know alot of you and we have never met. I hope next year I can help other newbie's out.
Here are my wants.
I like to plant a tropical garden every year. I know I live in Ohio, but I take out my palms in the fall. Any southern gardener out there want to sponsor me?
I like anything tropical
palms
cannas and bird of paradise
bananas and tropical foliage plants
any bright color annuals
I also plant alot of containers
Thanks
Linda

o

Yes Donna, Just let me know who I have, when the naming has been finished so I can print off everyones lists.
P.S. Nuthatc_mo is my sister Nancy everyone. LOL

Thanks
Melanie

o

Sure I will sponser Kliddle and Katmatney..

o

nuthatch can you please take crazypalmlady she needs a sponsor thanks..donna chrystallake you have ladygladys and momma....ok ...so we still have FERGUSON303...ROSEPEDAL.....AMELIAPEPPERLADY.......needing sponsors.... oh not to worry you will have one....donna...Thanks to allthe sponsors and welcome aboard Newbies.....Donna

o

Kliddle and Katmatney please post some of your wants for me..

Thank you..:)

o

Donna,

I will sponsor ferguson303 if that is okay since she/he is closest to my zone.
Will we be mailing to you or directly to the newbie??

Ginger

o

I've been here less than 6 months and I'd love to get in on this one.

Thanks
Goozy
Michelle in central OK.

o

Hi, Donna. I can sponsor 2 newbies. Goozylucy is the same zone as me and I will take either rosepedal or amelia_pepper_lady unless someone else has already taken them.

Becky
ramazz

o

Great going Becky, good to see you here also.

o

Ramazz please take Goozylucy and Amelia Pepper Lady that will leave Rosepedal who will be the one that I sponsor so as of right now all the newbies have a sponsor all newbies please post your wants....All newbies are responsible for sasbe and postage to your sponsor when he/she is ready to mail seeds he/she can let you know here thanks everyone...Donna

o

Susandonb

thank you so much for being my sponsor. I love any kind of plant that will draw butterflies, hummingbirds.
Any kind of perennials, we just moved and need them. lol.
Our yard use to grow tobacco, now dirt. lol.
but we are working..... HARD!!!!

brenda

o

Rosepedal please post me a list of wants...What types of gardening ideas do you have in mind....Thanks ..Donna

o

Hi Donna,
Thank you for being my sponsor. I live in the woods 3/4 is shaded but I do have a little sun area. I like Petunias, impatience, Heirloom tomatoes, Large pumpkins, Daisys, Hostas, anything deer resistance LOL. We just put up a hfgh anything I can start in there this spring. Oh yea I almost forgot looking for variegated morning glory this is my most wanted of all hehehe......Thank you for all the hard work and look forward to getting to know all of you. Barb

o

ferguson303, I sent you an email requesting you wish list.

Ginger

o

Hi. I am a newbie - especially at seeds. Summer '07 is my first season gardening, and I have "met" so very many kind and generous people! I've planted lots of perennials, a small shade garden, lots of roses and daylilies. I've propagated roses through cuttings - and now a few other things, too! I've planted some fall bulbs. I've even collected seed from a few of my plants. Just about the only thing I haven't tried is starting things from seed! So, if someone would be kind enough to sponsor me, I'd love to participate in this RR trade. I am not real picky about my wants. Just so long as it's not something difficult to start from seed. Other than that, anything goes!

Thanks,
Amanda :)

o

Ginger has became my sponsor and I wish to thank you for doing so. She has asked in an email what I would like - I am open to anything and would truly appreciate whatever is offer. I live in Texas, believe it is zone 8a and not sure what will do well here with the hot dry summers.

I do have some wants but I don't expect these, I have seen pictures of there and they are truly wonderful. Maybe one day:

Moonflower Vine
Rose of Sharon
Phlox
Allium
Amaryllis
Ferns

o

Goozylucy and Amelia_Pepper_Lady, I sent e-mails to both of you. Please contact me by e-mail so I can send you my address and you can tell me a little about your gardens. Take a look at my list and give me some general ideas about what you like. If you didn't get my e-mail, you can get my address from my gardenweb page.

Becky
ramazz

o

I would love to participate if you are still accepting newbies. I planted my first garden this spring (with lots of help from people on GW) and have totally got the fever!

I am especially covetous of interesting heirloom vegetables and culinary herbs.

Thanks for all the support this summer!

o

Chrystallake................... Moms wish list is for balloon flower ....... anemone..... lupine........ hellebore......... clematis............. daylily............. foxglove...... and Alstroemeria...she looked all these up in a book ...Im not sure they all come from seeds....She is very glad to have you as her sponsor . .she may post more as she looks thru this book hope thats o.k....I think we got her into seeds Chrystallake........Donna

o

Donna
Have her go through my list of seeds and then look up the seeds in the book, this way she gets a better idea of what I can offer to her.

o

Hi Donna! I fnally made it over and I guess I should put my self up for 'sponsorship',anybody want me?...lol...Thanks ~ Angie :)

o

Hi Donna. I will sponsor redsnowflake if she/he is available. If not I will take any newbie. Just let me know.

Jackie

o

I am a newbie and would love a sponsor. Thank you!
Jennifer

o

Jackie good then you take red snowflake ..and thanks..... so much for sponsoring.Now welcome kterlep,,,,agirlsgirl,,,,,,,,jwink246,,,,,glad to have you .These 3 people still need a sponsor ....not to worry time is on our side...............donna

o

Kliddle and Katmatney, I sent you both emails for some of your wants.

o

Jackie - Thank you so much for sponsoring me! I've sent you an email with my wants. Thanks again!!!

And Donna - thank you for hosting such a wonderful trade!

Amanda :)

o

I'll sponsor Angie....agilsgirl if that's OK? From PA also. Angie are you near Pittsburgh. Was that Phipps on your garden web page? Anything in particular that you are looking for?
Monica

o

Hooray! I have a sponsor! Thanks Monica! :) I am about 15 minutes from Pittsburgh, actually about 2 minutes from Kennywood!Where are you?
Yes, that is Phipps on my page,I had the pleasure of going to the Chihuly exhibit this past Saturday.
I would have to say the one thing I really want is a White Beauty Berry,I really love anything that has any sort of berry,unusal color or shape,if that is of any help.I really appreciate you sponsoring me Monica,just let me know what I have to do! Thanks again!~Angie

o

Angie I don't do shrubs or trees so alas no Beauty Berry. I sent you an e-mail though. Can any other veteran help with that request?
Thanks!
Monica

o

Hi Monica! I didnt receive your email! :O Please resend and hopefully I will get it! No worry on the Beauty Berry eventually one will come my way! "If you believe, they will come"...lol!Thanks again!~Angie

o

I will sponsor kterlip. I have lots of herb seeds and a few heirloom veggies.
Mariann

o

Angie
I may have a few shrub seeds, for her.

o
RE: NEW: Have these shrub seeds

Monica
Sorry, I have some purple smoke bush, maybe Japonica, maybe something else but no beauty berry. Let me know
Melanie

o

Hey Melane! :) I was the one looking for the BeautyBerry,it's ok I know one will come my way eventually,thanks for wanting to share! You guys are great and I have a wonderful sponsor! Monica lives within minutes of me and she winter sows,she is a perfect match!I cant wait to sponsor my own newbie next year! Thanks Donna!~Angie:)

o

So far we have 14 newbies and 13 sponsors ....jwink246 still needs a sponsor...we have plenty of time so dont stress the small things in life......HUGS to all ....Sponsors when you are ready to send the seeds to your newbie please let your newbies know where to send sasbe and how much postage you will require to send these out......All newbies the more wants you post the more things you may recieve it makes choosing, when a sponsor is making up your package, easier so post some if you think of them so your sponsor will get an idea of what you like........I would like to say a special THANK YOU to all the sponsors.......Donna

o

ooooh I didnt list any shrubs. I looked up the purple smoke bush. Awesome shrub. Sweet autumn clamatis or any for that matter would be neat. There are so many plants and shrubs to list. LOL. Barb

o

Hi- I just joined today-not sure what I'm supposed to do after this post? (keep checking this post section or ?)
Also, please note my user name, I've gotten keen on what MY deer like and don't like:)

o

I am a newbie and would love to be sponsered by some one that could give me advise for starting my beds this summer. I have had some very great SASBE's and am so excited about getting to do my yard this spring. (also a vegie garden) I plan to WS like crazy after the holidays, and am so hopeful that by next year I can have something to share with all you great people. I feel so lucky to have found GW and all you"Garden Angels" Thanks, Janet1_2007

o

Angie
I am in the process of exchanging for beauty berry right now, I will let you know.
Melanie

o

Melanie,I swear you are a saint!:)Thank you!~Angie
p.s.Thank you to everyone who is sponsoring a newbie,you are sharing more than seeds!:)

o

Angie

I have to admit..that after looking it up I also wanted some for myself..hehe...but I will share...
Melanie

o

Well, I've been following this thread for a while now, and I've finally decided to jump in. I wasn't sure if I would have enough seeds to share, since I am in three or four really big swaps. But I figure I can save back a few seed packets for a newbie. I also have a huge seed stash, some of them are from 2005, if anyone wants to give them a shot, they're welcome to them.

How bout I sponsor janet1_2007? I looked at her want list and I have a lot of the seeds on her list. I also winter sow, and we're in a similar zone, (I'm technically in zone 6, but right on the border of 5). And I make lasagna beds, I'm in the process of making a really huge one right now.

I'm not much of a designer, I don't know what looks good with what, I don't know about foliage contrasts, etc., I'm more of an experimental mad scientist type when it comes to my gardening.

How bout it, Janet?

Alison/dawiff

o

Jwink 246 and shootthatdeer still need a sponsor thanks to dawiff for sponsoring janet1........ dawiff.... about those extra seeds.... you could join in on jumpstart on spring or we would love to have them to share.....We could always try them....shootthatdeer just keep checking this thread till you get a sponsor and please list your wants and jwink246 post somemore wants if someone sees they have alot of your wants it makes it easier to get a sponsor.............still we have plenty of time...Rosepedal I have some of your seeds ready for mailing out I dont have any shrub seeds could you post some more wants so I see if I have any of them for you...........jwink we have plenty of time.....love to all ...donna.

o

Otay,

Grasses
mouse plant
any clematis
Zinnias
veges yummy
catus seeds
goatsbeard
big pumpkins too neat
oh yea I want to plant a huge sunflower plot any sunflower seeds for the birds.
hosta seeds
datura
blanketflower
shade seeds
Cant think of anymore right now. I am easy to please. Just happy to get something to plant. I am looking forward to the sunflower patch. Thanks donna

o

Alison, this sounds great to me.I am new to WS, and basically new to flower seed sowing and saving seed. I've always loved flowers, but due to family responsibilities and a 12 hour a day job with an hour each way comute, until my retirement most of my flowers were either gifts or something I seen at Lowes and just couldn't resist. I am so excited about finally having the time to really do something I have only dreamed about for most of my life.I am really looking forward to this. Thanks for being my sponsor. Janet

o

Donna
I can take another newbie.
Melanie

o

Shootthatdeer, I will be sponsoring you also. Please take a look at my list and see what you can find.
Melanie

o

j wink 246 I will be your sponsor please post a list for me..rosepedal please send a sase to me with your gardenweb name enclosed and a note sponsor a newbie add 3 stamps for return postage to donnawilmoth...3237 westview farm road ..saxe virginia.. 23967 I have your seeds ready to send out........... Well so far we have sponsors for all the new members.. God is good.........Donna

o

I'd love to participate if somone would sponsor me. I have a small greenhouse (16x20) where I have been growing vegetables in the winter. This year I have branched out to herbs and flowers.

My wish list is flowers that I can cut for my wife. I'd like to keep her in flowers all year long.

I'm also interested in different herbs. I have all the standards. I'm workiong on learning how to see save these.

Thanks for the fun

o

Thanks Donna!
Here's my list, but I am open to anything for Butterflies and Hummingbirds!

Pawpaw (Flatwoods or Flag)
Bronze Fennel
Butterfly Pea
Milkweed(A. verticallata, A. Viridiflora, A. viridis, A. amplexicaulis)
Sedum (I have AUtumn Joy)
Aster (Starlight, Hulk, Moonshine)
Morello Cherry Lupine
Toothache plant
Amaranthus paniculatus "Autumn Palette"
Kniphofia "red hot poker"
Sweet Pea "old glory"
Viola
Dwarf Snapdragon
dwarf Columbine
American Beauty Berry
Nicotiana "Tinkerbell"
Jacob's Ladder
SpiceBush
Salvia
Veronica (blue carpet or mixed colors"
Zinnia "Envy"
dwarf Firebush (Hamelia macarantha")
Turtlehead
plantain
Russian Sage
Golden Dewdrop

Thanks again!

o
RE: NEW: Shootthatdeer

I need a wish list from you.

o

Jwink I see only a few of your wants that I have.. I may have to pair you with a better sponsor ....we will see....Novelist how very sweet and thoughtful.. I hope we can pair you up to a very special sponsor...Please post some of your and your wifes likes and wants for us....anything special she likes?

o

Hi Donna,
Thank you for being my sponsor. I sent out my sasbe today. Everyone wishing you a happy healthy yummy holiday. Barb

o

I don't want to be greedy, you all have been so generous and kind. Me too?

o

It's ok, Donna,

I am in no rush and again am open to anything that will attract Butterflies and Hummingbirds.

Thanks,
Jennifer

o

Hi Donna,

I have 7 or 8 things from jwink's want list. If this is more than what you have, I'll be happy to be her sponsor. Just let me know.

Ginger

o

Nuthath/Nancy

I got my seeds today. WOW I'm going to have the best looking garden in OHIO. I also sent you a e-mail.
Thanks so much
Linda

o

My wish list:

I love herbs. I have basil/thyme/oregano/chives/rosemary Sage/mint/cilantro.

As for flowers, my wife loves cut flowers. I'd just like to make colorful boquets. I've never done flowers, so anything works. Thanks for letting me play.

o

I am a brand new newby.... Is it too late to get in this??? Kelly

o
finishing

Guess I should finish. I am a brand new newby.. I just discovered gardening (other than veggies) I joined you all 1 week ago, I hope its not too late to do this.
I love butterfly and hummingbird plants and medicinal herbs are very interesting

o

Jwink 246 since we do different gardening ...I think I better pair you up with ggrwn ......ggrwn has agreed to be your sponsor....a special thank you for that ggrwn...Welcome daffodillady and kelboindy..please post your wants lists so we can look for a sponsor for you ....WE need sponsors for novolist......daffodillady......and kelboindy now to bring us up to date...........REMEMBER.......... the newbie is responsible for getting in touch with his/her sponsor and the newbie will need to mail their sponsor a self addressed bubble envelope with return postage for their seeds....Thanks donna..

o

I just joined a couple of days ago
I would really love to have some plants/flowers to attract butterflies and hummingbirds.
Salvias
daturas
daisys
nicotania
moonflower
I like ground covers like thyme or pennyroyal
Im pretty easy to please.
I hope I match with someone

o

Thank you ggwrn! I will email you.
Jennifer

o

Wilmoth,
I will take on novelist. I am a greenhouse grower and also grow for fresh cuts so I should be a good match.
Alana

o

I'l adopt kelboindy -- same zone, similar climate, and I've got a good slant towards hummers and butterflies, and things from the list.

Kelboindy, email me by clicking on my name, then the send- me- an- email link, but don't use the form there. Just cut and paste my address into your regular email. I can't contact you, as you have your email set not to show to others here. (we'll get that corrected when I reply to your email.)

Welcome!
--Tina

o
Thank you to all the sponsors!

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Donna for hosting this and to all the sponsors who are kind enough to share their seeds with someone else. So...

Thanks!

o

Just found out last night that I am going out of
state for about 10 days-gives me time to work on
my wish list-teeheehee-and maybe bring back some
trades! Happy Thanskgiving to all !! daffodillady

o
RE: NEW: Shootthatdeer

I have no way to email you....PLEASE.... email me with a list of your wants. I also have to give you my addy for postage.

Melanie

o

Tina Thank you soooo much!!!!
I think I have my settings fixed. Kelly

o

I received my seeds today from Jackie (jackier123) and all I can say is WOW!!! She sent me more than I ever dreamed of! I'll be a busy little bee for quite a while now. Thank you so much Jackie.

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :)

o

Im a newbie here,I would love to join! Anyone need a newbie to sponsor?

o

Donna.
I would be happy to sponser several Newbies.

Tod

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed to Seed Gardens

o

Gladys
Your package is on the way. Enjoy
Melanie

Shootthatdeer,
I AM STILL WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU...

o

Oh, I forgot! My wishlist!
lily or daylily (any of both)
Roses (any also)
coreopsis (snowberry,and sweet dreams)
and azaleas (golden lights,and milennium)

Thanks to the sponsor I will get!

o

Sorry, I like coneflowers to,I forgot to update my want.

o

This leaves daffodillady and king of seeds needing sponsored...... Rosepedal your package will post out tomorrow........ hope you like the ones I picked for you and I enjoyed fixing it up for you..........thanks to KILNGOD for sponsoring and thanks to POISONDARTFROG for sponsoring too .......................Donna......If anyone likes vegetables Tod has agreed to sponsor 2 newbies a special thanks to him too...... HE MAY HAVE FLOWERS TOO?..... Tod your lantanas for your wife will post out tomorrow and thanks for the tomatoes..I RECIEVED THEM TODAY.....Donna

o

Thank you Donna. Feels like christmas early. We got our heat hooked up yesterday in the gh. I cant wait to start planting for the upcoming spring. Barb

o

Donna,I would love to have Tod as a sponsor! Most of my
wishlist seeds match what he has anyway.
Thanks again,
Lucas

o

Tod 65 Lucas has asked for a sponsor do you wish to be his sponsor...Rosepedal your seeds went out today.........That still leaves daffoidillady up for sponsorship......We will see her wish list when she returns from her trip ....A HUGE THANKS TO ALL SPONSORS............ AND A BIG.......... WELCOME.......... TO ALL NEWBIES........Donna

o

SUSANDONB

PLEASE EMAIL YOUR ADDRESS AGAIN, THE DUMMY HERE MISPLACED IT WHILE CLEANING UP MY OFFICE. I AM SORRY.

BRENDA

o

I would love to sponser someone if anyone needs a sponser. I have a variety of seeds. lillies being my favorite. just give me someone. I'll be kind. thankyou carol

o

Donna, I'll take veeja or tod it doesn't matter,whoever has the most time on their hands,I would pick to be my sponsor.
Thanks,
Lucas

o

Lucas.
I would be more than happy to sponser you.
Just send me your wish list.

Tod
Seed to Seed Gardens

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed to Seed Gardens

o

Melanie, I received the seeds today! Thank you so much for the extras too! You are so generous!

Gladys

o

Kliddle and Katmatney your seeds went out in the mail today, so watch those mailboxes...seeds are coming your way!! I hope you enjoy them...:)

Jeanene

o

I still need a newbie, sign up newbie I wanna help you

o

Donna you are wonderful. I cannot wait to start my redbud trees. I was jumping up and down. My fiance wsa giving me a strange look until I showed him what you sent us and he was jumping up and down. Thank you for the wonderful selection. All the hardwork you do for so many newbies is just great. Barb

o

veeja11 daffodillady still needs a sponsor shes out of town you can sponsor her she has to post her wants still ok she will be back after the 30th.Thanks rosepedal I hope you enjoy and will have many seeds to share next season stop by in our roundrobin swaps to help build you up some new things.........Hugs to all.......................Donna

o

Okay Daffodillylady, you are mine, when you get back and let me know your wants. can't wait. carol's got a newbie !!!
happy carol!!!

o

I'm a newbie and would love to join your list but here's the sad part. I can't figure out how to create my want list or have list. Love all salvia, penstemons, coneflowers.
Arlene

o

Arlene,
go all the way to the bottom of the page to the green strip, click on member pages, then click on edit your trade list, type in your have and want list, click on submit and that is all there is to it.
Nancy

o

Donna
since Shootthtdeer has not been back on, nor answered any of my posts, I can take another newbie, if there is one.

Gladys
So glad you were happy with the assortment of seeds, Happy Gardening
Melanie

o

Ferguson303, your seeds are in the mail. Jwink246 I've got yours packed and ready. I'll let you know when I get your envelope and mail them out.

Donna, if you have anyone else sign up that needs a sponsor I'll be glad to sponsor another newbie.

Ginger

o

I am a newbie, well really a preemie lol '') I just signed up today & not at all sure how this works? I would like to learn if some one has the time to walk me through this '') it all is very interesting to me '') jan

o

that leaves cattjovi for sponsorship....I will sponsor lillyjane if I have some of her wants......Chrystallake can you pick up cattjovi??? ........................... So cattjovi and lillyjane please post some of your wants for all of us to see..A SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THE ..... SPONSORS............ ...ALL OF YOU ARE REALLY DOING ALOT FOR THIS NEWBIES ROUNDROBIN.......... AND I WANT YOU TO KNOW ...........YOU ARE LOVED FOR IT.......Donna

o

Thanks sooo much for the sponsorship '') I can't wait till I get up & going good so I can sponser someone also :B so here is my wish list cone flowers marigolds petunias sage poppies sunflowers black eyed susans lantanas phlox tomatoes we love humming birds & butterflies so anything that attracts them will be great & also any suprise packets would just be awsome '') I know there is more on my list but this is all I can think of right now. Thanks sooo much '') jan

o

Donna (wilmoth),
If it won't cause much of a problem. I would like to sponsor lillyjane. I have alot of plants for hummingbirds and butterflies. So let me know.
Nancy

o

NUTHATCH OK YOU CAN SPONSOR LILLYJANE......

o

I am home, and am so excited to hook up with you, veeja11. I have updated my trade page, but can not get it to come up on a search--what am I doing wrong? I love anything that attracts hummers and butterflies, as well as those on my list. I heard one time that the only difference between a weed and a flower is what a person thinks is pretty- therefore- there are not very many weeds in my world-lol!!

o

has amelia from z9 got one yet? if not ill do it send me an e ...norma

o

Ginger,

I received the seeds today - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I was overwhelmed with what you have sent and do truly appreciate this. I was not expecting this. I will have to do some research to learn about these. I can not wait until spring.

Thank you,
Michael

o

Michael,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that the seeds arrived safely. I hope that whatever you decide to plant does well for you.

Ginger

o

Ramazz has Ameliapepperlady but dont worry we will have more...... A BIG THANKS TO ALL SPONSORS.........I think crystallake has catjovi... but Im not sure so bigmama if you want to sponsor cattjovi?

o

absolutely, lookin for z9 send e one4everbigmama@yahoo.com

o

I got my seeds from Tina, How exciting!!! She was so generous and has helped me learn how to navigate this site better. What a wonderful person she is, and what a wonderful idea this was! Thank you Tina with all my heart, And thank you to all you 'oldies' for being so kind!!!

o

Oh Nancy! You really out did you self on the seeds! '') Soooo many different kinds! And those cute little envelopes! Thanks so much, You were so quick to respond also. It was just like Christmas when your packet came, it entertained me for hours just lookin up the kinds that I didn't know what they were, but you also hit home with the coneflowers & some other favorites. I have had them for about 3 days now & still sit & go through them in amazment! '') Thanks sooo much, Jan '') p.s. I can't wait till plantin time !

o

Thank you, Kelboindy for being a lovely newbie -- it was a pleasure to help you! Enjoy!
--Tina

o

I SEE THAT ALL THE SPONSORS ARE STILL DOING A GREAT JOB. All the newbies when you share your thanks to your sponsor it is so nice for all of us to see....Just wanted to remind everyone Christmas is almost here so I want to wish everyone a merry one and speaking of sponsors and newbies if you donate to a child this Christmas season coats and shoes are always better than toys...I like to know they are warm and well .THANKS TO THIS FORUMS MEMBERS SPONSORS AND NEWBIES..........PICK UP A ANGEL TREE CHILD THIS CHRISTMAS AND SHARE THE LOVE.......DONNA

o

Hello Donna
I just wanted to give a great big thank you to Donna and Jeanene. Wow, what a great group of people. I am having such a great time as a newbies on this forum. Everyone is so generous and considerate. Thanks for your time and generosity to the NEWBIES. It is truly appreciated
kathy

o

Good news! (at least for me)LOL. I got Tods seeds! I would like to thank everyone for giving us newbies something to start from. Thanks Tod for being my sponsor, and Donna for hosting this RR. Thanks again,
Lucas

o

I am so sorry, I got the package the week of Thanksgiving and then I couldn't remember where this thread was to post a thank you.

MY SEEDS ARE GREAT! WOOO THANK YOU M!

o

Hi! I received my seeds today from Monica! She was soooooo generous and such a great person,Thanks so much Donna for doing this and thanks a bunch to you Monica for sending me such a wonderful package of seeds!:)Put me on the list next year to be a sponsor,I cant wait to bring this much joy to some one else!:) Happy Holidays!~Angie

o

Donna, picked up two Angels off the Angel tree at work. Think I got carried away with what I got, but it's all for a very good cause.

Can't wait until planting season, my yard will be the best looking one in the neighborhood!!!

o

Hi I am a newbie,

I would love a sponsor who specializes in cool climate veggie/fruit, herb, edible flowers. Anyone who knows seed saving and winter sowing would be great. I am in Oregon Climate. I have so many questions and so far I love all my gw friends.

Thanks.

o

Hi. I am a newbie and would love to have a sponser. I am looking for veggies, ornamentals and any kind of flower that likes to come back on it's own. Thanks for looking and thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas everyone. Ray

o

jwink,

I got your envelope and mailed your seeds out yesterday.

Ginger

o

I'll adopt ray.theiceman -- We're in the same zone and state, and although I don't have much in the veggie dept, I've got plenty of the others he's interested in.

Ray, I'm emailing this to you as well.

--Tina

o

Hello! You all sound like such lovely people, plus you're garden lovers, so this is a group I definitely would like to get to know! I'm a newbie to GW (3 months), transplanted from N. Ireland to east-southern Illinois, and would be ever-so-grateful if someone would sponsor me. I am a confessed plant-a-holic . My trade lists are pretty large, yet still incomplete. Specialties are roses (I'm a consulting rosarian & hybridizer, but that's only to feed my plant addictions;-), cannas, dahlias, oh heck PLANTS!
Thanks in advance for anyone kind enough to sponsor me!
Red Willow (Rua Saileach in Irish - 'roo-ah sahl-icks') My trade lists are at healing32eire.

o

I'm confused after reading some of the post, was I suppose to send SASBE and postage to my sponsor?
Arlene

o

I do not fully understand the process of the Round Robins, but would love to learn, I am new to gardening and growing, starting propagating with cuttings and a mist system, now got hooked on seed growing. I would like to have a sponsor this year and would love to sponsor next year.
My obsessions this year are:
Dahlias, seeds like the fact they can be different from the mother plant
Day Lily seeds, no yellow or orange
Black berry lily seeds
Delphiniums
mini sunflowers
Giant Zinnias
Rose hips
Coleus, love bright colors
foxgloves
snap dragons
dill
gerber daisy
hardy geraniums
helleborus
hardy hibiscus
hardy lavender
color cascade series, lobelia
lupine
pansies
parsley
penstemon barbatus
petinia, I love the minis and the wave series
rosemary
salivia, red,white have purple
statice
veronica
These are just ideas, love cut type flower, really love dahlias, roses and day lilies, want to try hybreeding this summer, have 8 acreas that I want to put in several new gardens. Thank to anyone willing to sponsor me!
Let me know if I did this wrong,
Tammy

o

Hi I am a newbie,
I would love a sponsor who specializes in cool climate veggie/fruit, herb, edible flowers. Anyone who knows seed saving and winter sowing would be great. I am in Oregon Climate. I have so many questions and so far I love all my gw friends. I have left my email. Thank you very much.

Thanks.
growbaby is the same as maricybele, my other name isn't letting me post.

hassanz@pacifier.com

o

Hi!
I am very new to this forum. I joined here on 5th dec`07. My heart lies in growing veggies from seeds.I am more interested in heirlooms (though hybrids are great too ) mainly because it is possible to save seeds ;). I like flower gardening and plant propagation too - despite the fact that only a tiny fraction of the cuttings survive the encounter with my brown thumb :(
I would be glad if somebody would be willing to sponsor me.

I am keeping my fingers crossed in anticipation!
Regina

o

Dafodillylady your seeds are packed and ready to go but I lost your addy please send it to veeja3@wmconnect.com
thankyou, sorry I'm so slow, I am a florist and work is hot and heavy this time of year, thankyou carol

o

Hi all!
i have watched this thread grow and grow and have finally decided to put my name in for a sponsor. as of late, i have gotten into tropicals, ferns, roses, coleus and brugs. i like bright colors and most large leaf plants. i am a 2nd season gardener trying to be patient in my wait for the growing season to start.

o

Hello everyone..............Ferguson you will be blessed as will all the angel tree sponsors......I see all the SPONSORS have done a great job here....I have been unable to post like forever....Special thanks to Threas for the info on posting....Well I see we need a sponsor for growbaby..........healing32eire..................thelwig55...........reginaaginan..........and mokey........Catjovi.....Yes... you are to send a SASBE to your sponsor.............. NOTE...........Sponsors put alot of work into this.....Anyone recieving a sponsor....... will be responsible for sending proper postage and ..........SASBE..........to his/her sponsor...Thanks to everyone..........Donna

o

Donna,
I can help Mokey with a few plants, if she is close enough that we can meet in person. It is too cold for mailing plants now, but I have assorted unnamed nubby brugs cuttings, red canna tubers, nubby confererate rose cuttings and dark red rose hips. Mokey will still need a sponsor for other things though.
Beth

o

I can adopt Mokey for seeds, have things that fit her wants. Mokey, I'm sending you email.

--Tina

o

SUSAN IN NC
AND EVERYONE ELSE.

I AM REAL LATE DO THIS AND I REALLY APOLOGIZE. I HAVE BEEN REAL BUSY SINCE MY 87 YR MOM LIVES WITH US.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SEEDS AND THINKING OF US NEWBIES.
I CAN'T WAIT TILL SPRING TO PLANT AND I HOPE I HAVE GOOD LUCK.

THANK YOU SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH.

BRENDA

o

Regina ......I pick you to sponsor so please post me a wants list of some things that you are looking for..........Donna.............All other newbies looking for sponsors please share some things you would like to recieve or are looking for.......Thanks ....Donna.............................
Regina... email me for my address............ donnawilmoth2000@yahoo.com

o

i am a newbee, lost everything i had last year to fire and flood..just starting an unheated greenhouse..im new to gardenweb, please let me know.
saxophonegirll@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here