Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Our Bloomin Friends December Christmas Swap

Posted by earthlydelights Z6 PA (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 17:10

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
To become a member of this wonderful Bloomin Friends group, you need to have been a member in good standing of Gardenweb for at least six months and have had successful trade(s) with member(s) of this group.

oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo
Bloomin Friends December/Christmas Swap

First, I want to take the time to tell you all what a pleasure it has been this year to be a part of such a wonderful group; strengthening the bonds with those I already know; developing new relationships, and my most favorite of all -- meeting one of you!!!! I am certainly putting on my wish list the opportunity to meet a few more of you in this coming year! It's a good feeling to be a part of one of the most generous and nicest groups of people and I look forward to another great year ahead of us. That being said, let's move on to our December Swap.

I'll make this a simple one rule swap ~~ that is there is no rule. No stipulation as to how many items or specific items to be sent, just send a box that speaks from your heart, conveys the meaning of the season and represents true Christmas spirit. We are all experienced, generous and giving traders, we all have each others' lists to go by and have been listening to each other chat as to likes and dislikes these past 7+ months. Choices are endless - ornament, homemade items, decorations, something specific your partner collects or just a bit of this and that. Wrap it up all pretty and send it on its way and DON'T FORGET A CARD!

Boxes should be sent out no later than the 18th since this is an extremely busy time of year for the post office and it is a good practice to use confirmation number. I'll take sign-ups until December 1st and then assign partners on the third. Let's make the last swap of 2006 as great as all the others have been so far.

Maryanne/Earthly

P.S. remember to post whether you are playing or not as it is easier to keep track.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Our Bloomin Friends December Christmas Swap

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 19:33

Hi Maryanne,
I'm in! I love Christmas.
You learned a new trick with the colors! I'm not sure I can learn that. I'm lucky I figured out how to post a pic, lol.
Remy

o

I'm in am eager to get started.christmas is my favorite time of year, a wish list is anything wolf related, chocolate, love ornaments collect them, daylilillys are always welcomed a gift cert for spring not mailed now. hugs

o

Count me in!
Would say more(as we all know I can talk a mile a minute, LoL) but am fighting off a migraine headache.

Hugs to all -
Tina

o

Count me in too!

Deb

o

Okay. I'll play. And thank you to all of you who sent prayers and good wishes this way for me DS. He has been given the all-clear from the Neurosurgeon to go ahead and be a little boy again! The weather has been a little chilly but he is outside running around every free minute.
I don't know what to say as far as a wish list. I have been looking for various sized white frames to do a wall in my bedroom with my kids photos....using various styles but keeping them all white. And, of course, anything garden-related. Garden books and magazines are nice during the winter too. I love scented candles....Well I will get going.
Theresa

o

• Posted by mellen 4a/5-ctrl. IA (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 20, 06 at 22:29

I have been waiting for this one. I'm in! Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

Count me in. I've not recieved any questionaires from anyone of their likes and dislikes.

I'm on my way to work, I have to take sis to the hospital tomorrow for the biopsy.

Theresa, I'm glad your little guy is feeling better.

Will make another post Wed.Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

Gotta run,
LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

I am going to have to sit this one out, too many personal issues going on right now.
hopefully by January everything will have settled back down (keeping my fingers crossed)
michelle

o

Annie, I just forwarded the questionaires to you.

Susann

o

COUNT ME IN!!!

o

I'm in too!

o

Maryanne-I'm in. I love things that are Victorian, my Christmas tree is decorated with Victorian figurines. I also have my DH's tree which is in the Northwoods theme, elk, bear, moose, etc. Love gift certificates for plants for next Spring also. Like scented candles, collect snowman things for Christmas also.

Theresa-Wonderful news about your DS. I know this makes the upcoming holidays much more enjoyable. Glad the prayers were answered. God is good.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Shirley

o

Count me in also!!
No particular wish list here - I do use Snowmen and Snowflakes to decorate though!

~Kimberly

o

a big WELCOME so far to

remy
mellen
carol
theresa
tina
sue g
deb
shirley
susann
annie

micke, you'll be missed this month, but please, don't be a stranger. stop in and chat as usual :)

maryanne/earthly

o

Oh Maryanne...I wouldn't miss this one for the world.Count me in! I decorate in Snowmen,Penguins and Polar Bears.This coming Friday my house will look like the North Pole already.Oh how I adore this time of year! Fa..La..La..La..La..La...Ladies!!

Nancy

o

Sign me up love anything but here are a few for you to choose :))
I love spring gift certificates for Irises , daylilies , or Hosta's
shower gels ,Body spray,Colones,
personalized return address lables,
flavored instant coffees
hot apple cider :))
holiday cookies -Fudges & more
a book on meals or treats in a Jar
maybe something unique from your state .

WELL TIME TO SIT BACK FOR THE NIGHT WITH A MOVIE .
GOOD NIGHT ALL
SUSIE

o

Maryanne~Please count me in also!!! I have really missed being able to participate, so i am really excited about this swap!!
I dont know what to wish for, so anything would be great!!!
Blue Skies!! (and happy to be back!)
Trish/DancingMoons

o

Happy Holidays to everyone! I look forward to getting to know more of you next year. I will, however, be sitting out the December Swap... just too much going on right now.
Have fun with it.

Sandlapper Rose

o

a big W E L C O M E to

Sue (great idea on the state item)
Nancy
Trish

and looking forward to seeing you next year, jeanne :)

maryanne

o

Maryanne,
Please count me in too:)Anita

o

W E L C O M E anita

maryanne

o

trish, i wanted to add that it's great you can join us again. you have been missed :)

maryanne

o

Please include me!

o

Maryanne - you missed me on the list!

Got to go get ready for Thanksgiving! I like the cooking but dread the cleanup!
and its rainy here too-BLAH!

~Kimberly

o

Good Morning Ladies
Here's a Thanksgiving Poem for You

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING!

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep
The leftovers beckoned - the Dark meat and white
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...
Happy eating to all, pass the cranberries, please.

May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes ' n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

MAY YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!

Shirley

o

please forgive me kim and jules, i must have blinked for a second :)

a big WELCOME to

kim
jules
diane

maryanne

o

okie dokie...this is the list i have of all the members. if you have the plus next to your name, it means that you are participating. if you have a minus, means you will be missed. if you have nothing, means we haven't heard from you yet.

amy...........jeanne-..............nancy+
anita+........jules+...............remy+
annie+.......julie..................shirley+
beth...........kimberly+.........sue+
carol+.......laura..................susann+
char...........marsha...............susie+
deb+..........mary ellen+........theresa+
diane+.......maryanne+.........tina+
janell.........maureen.............trish+
jeanette......michelle-

looks like column 3 is the winner :)

look forward to hearing from the rest of our members. if i missed someone on the list, let me know. if someone is no longer a part of the group, let me know that too.

LAURA....where are you?

maryanne

o

WISHING EVERYONE A SAFE AND BLESSED THANKSGIVING

Susann, I didnt receive anything in my yahoo mail yet.

I took sis yesterday for her biopsy and her doctor told us that he was 80% sure it was sarcoidosis, but we would know for sure next Monday. Of course he told us to call Monday morning because it takes a couple of hours to get there and that if the results are not in, there is no sense in making the trip.

Hubby and I were going to have Thanksgiving today because I volunteered to work tomorrow. When I got home this morning the Turkey is still frozen so I will work on unthawing it, and he will put it in the oven for us tomorrow. I said I would volunteer for 6 hours. So we can have a late Dinner.

Well, much to do, but with just the two of us, I just know we will have turkey for the next few days. Im not complaining there are so many that have nothing

LIFE IS GOOD,

o

OKAY AS FAR AS i CAN TELL HERE ARE ALL THE PLAYERS IN OUR GROUP .
I HOPE I HAVE EVERYONE ON THE LIST IF NOT PLEASE LET ME KNOW FOR i LOST ALL MY INFO ON OTHER COMPUTER.

SUSIE

ANNIE DO YOU NEED ALL OR ANY OF THE PLAYERS INFO SHEETS?

"OUR BLOOMIN FRIENDS PLAYERS "

AMYBABYBOY/AMY
Beth B Kodiak/Beth
BrittneysGran/Shirley
CedarNest /Nancy
DANCINGMOON/TRISH
Debbya/DEBBY
DizzyDaffodil /SUSANN
EarthlyDelights / Maryanne
Faith in Frogs/Char
Giverny4me/SUSAN
GRANNYMARSH/ MARSHA
HummingbirdDaisy/TINA
Irish_Rose_Grower /Maureen
Klickitat/Jules
LIL_GREEN_THUMB/KIM
LUNAMOON/JENELL
Mellen/MaryEllen
Micke/Michelle
Number 1 Angel/Jeanett3
NYVOICES99/ ANITA
PATTY2257/PATTY
Raggedyann/Annie
Remy/Remy
sandlapper_rose/jeanne
SassyD/DIANE
Sguanzon/Sue G
Skholer/Susie
TastefullyJulie/Julie
Theresa24/Theresa
Veeja11/Carol

o

leaving soon to go for the next couple day's so just wanted to say .

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,
MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS,
MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER
STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

GOBBLE TIL YOU WOBBLE.........

AND IN ALL AND FOR ALL THINGS GIVE THANKS.

susie

o

hmm, i left off a sue - sorry susan/giverny4me. we have 4. a sue, a susie, a susann and a susan. maybe we're in for a name change -- the bloomin susan's? lol is amy still active with this group? e-mails come back - maybe i don't have an up-to-date one?

annie, positive thoughts being sent your way. as for the turkey, if you cut it up into sections as opposed to leaving it whole, it will defrost quicker as well as cook quicker. not sure if you are opposed to that, but it's a helpful hint to tuck away for future use.

it's been raining here all day, it's cold and damp and yucky out, but my house smells absolutely incredible. pies are now cooling and i made this centerpiece, which is no longer edible, but looks nice, out of bread dough that is shaped like a cornucopia. it cracked in some places when i was trying to get it off the form, so i patched it with glue. i'll get better at it and perfect it for next year :) this year it will have to suffice to just hold the other rolls and bread. one of these days, i really need to take a bread-making class.

my soup is made, veggies cleaned and prepped, the table is set, the place is clean...like annie says LIFE IS GOOD.

be back later and if not, everyone have a wonderful thanksgiving!
maryanne

o

Trish...glad to see you!

Shirley that poem & tag are too cute!

Annie wishing the very best for your sis!

Sue I hope you and everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Earthly, no worries! You Will Succeed!!!! I have faith in you!

Wishing you girls the very best, hopefully with your families!

Sassy

o

~~First off, I want to say Happy Thanksgiving to all!!...I hope everyone and their families have a wonderful day. I have much to be thankful for after a very long, and "turbulent" summer/fall, SO very happy that I am back in the "swing of things" ...I hope our good luck lasts!~~Thanks for the welcome back greetings also!
~~I am really looking forward to this December swap!! I have missed not being able to join in the past few months, but have enjoyed trying to keep up on what's going on with everyone, and loving the fact we have all these new members too!!
~~Well I have defied our traditional Thanksgiving Turkey for a Roast Beef this year!! hahahaha!! No one really likes turkey much except for me so I decided to make something everyone would enjoy. ( I will miss the leftovers though!) I am still making stuffing! (my daughter's favorite!) so it will "taste" a little like turkey here I guess! and am making Yorkshire Pudding (my son's favorite!) I didnt have time to bake ..so we just bought a store made pie, and some ice cream and all the gooey toppings. We are not having company so I expect to shower soon, and put on some pj's (fat pants!!) and enjoy the day with my family. My mom is going out today (which gives me a much needed break as her caregiver) She is going to my cousins house for the day, which she will enjoy a lot, and will be home early evening, so its just DH, and me and the kids..so its a good day to relax too.
Plus my boss decided to close the deli where I work for the whole weekend!! YIPPIE!! 4 days off! boy do I need it!
~~I have been "window shopping" for the December swap, looking & looking, and writing things down that I would like to try to get, just need to get my pals name so I can see her likes, etc....
~~Wow! see what happens when I start to write alittle? It turns into a major letter!!...I am just so very happy today, and thankful for so much (including you all!) that I got carried away on my post here!
~~Everyone have a glorious day, youre all included in my thoughts and prayers...Enjoy the day, and YES! DO over eat!!! thats part of the fun of it!!!!
Blue Skies to all of you!
Trish

o

Thu, Nov 23, 06 at 10:34

Hi all,
I hate to be a bummer, my dog, Lady/Little Girl, died last night. It was very sad. She was really old, in Dec. she would of been 16. When Gary and I got the house, the first thing I did was go and get her. She was my gardening buddy. She loved to be outside, but only if I was going to be out there too. A couple of days ago she had a weird episode, but got over it, but I knew then she didn't have long.
Gary thought I wouldn't want to go to Thanksgiving dinner but I think being around all the kids will cheer me up.
I did get the pumkin pies made earlier yesterday and cranberries too. We just have to make mashed potatoes today.

Theresa,
I'm so glad your boy is ok! I'm sure he is happy to be able to be a regular boy again too. They have so much energy!

Trish,
It is good to have you back! I would rather have Roast Beef too. I'm a like the whole dinner but the meat person too. My crazy Italian grandma used to make an entire Turkey dinner and an entire Italian dinner with huge home made raviolis! Talk about a bunch of people having to be rolled out the door, lol.

Maryanne,
I'm absolutely sure your house smells fantastic!

Annie,
Your frozen turkey reminds me of the story my mother told me of her first thanksgiving she hosted after buying the house.
I guess no one told her about taking the turkey out way ahead of time to defrost. Everything was cooked and the turkey would not. Everyone got there and she is trying to keep things warm on the stove(there were no microwaves then!) so now things are starting to get old and dry and the turkey isn't cooking,lol! They ended up eating the meal wihout turkey. Everyone was ok especially since thankfully she was such a great dessert maker.

I hope you all have a wonderful day with your families.
Remy

o

FIRST~ HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT THANKSGIVING! HOPE YOU ALL GOT "STUFFED!"
I cooked for DH, DD, My mom & dad- I had a great time - We had ham (DD fixed it!!). turkey, baked mac and cheese, mac and cheese from a box (only way DD will eat it!), Vegetable casserole, green beans, devilled eggs,Sweet potato casserole, Mashed Potatoes, 2 different dressings, 2 different gravys, _WHEW_ - desserts were Cherry Cheesecake Pie, Pecan bars, Red velvet Cake, Turtle Bars.
And I did it all by myself! (took some short cuts too LOL) First time ever for Thanksgiving! My dad had seconds! My mom said I must have done something right! That was a great compliment!!!

Remy - So sorry to hear about Little Girl. I know how you feel - only my dog wasnt that old. =-(

Lotz O' Love to everyone
Happy Thanksgiving!
~Kimberly

o

Just popped in for a Quick "Hello". Ate Wayyyy too much today..But Man was it Good!! Gotta get up very early tomorow and get my game face on for big sales.I am actually going to brave the crowds.Haven't done it in years.Thought it might be fun once again.I think I am nuts! LOL Wish me luck!

Remy,So sad to her of your Lady passing.My thoughts are with you.I know all too well the pain you must be feeling. Hugs

Kimberly,Sounds like you did a wonderful job cooking for your Thanksgiving.I am so stuffed I can hardly breathe yet reading your Menu made my mouth water all over again : )

Hope everyone else had a marvelous Thanksgiving!!

Better hit the hay.3 A.M. is gonna be here before I know it.Anybody else hitting the early sales?Good luck if you are.Have a Great weekend everyone!!
Nancy

o

Hi All and hope your tummys are feeling fine today. I ate at my daughter's and three of her four kids were there too. Good food and nice visiting with "the boys".
I'm working today so people with money can shop. Seems I got the better deal there. Bet I save way more than any of the shoppers. LOL

o

Trish-Yum I will take roast beef over turkey anyday. Yes a caregiver definetely needs a day off sometime. My Mom gets down and out from taking care of my Dad 24 hours a day. We offer to bring him to our house but he want do that.

Remy -Sorry to hear about Little Girl. It's so hard to lose a pet. Hugs to you.

Nancy-Hope you get lots of good deals in the early morning sales. My DD called and said it was a nightmare where they went. I was soooooo glad I decided to stay home.

Beth-Yes we can save lots of money by staying home. I want to get at least one more flower bed cleaned up and mulched today. It's such an accomplishment to see them all neat and tidy when you are through.

Got to get busy and work off some of all that good food I ate yesterday. Going to hang out clothes, I love hanging clothes out to dry on the clothesline, especially sheets.

Shirley

o

Remy, hugs to you. :( My condolences to you on the death of your pup. It is so hard to lose a beloved fur-baby.

o

Oh Remy--So sorry to hear about your Lady--Alli was 13- and though it has been almost 2 months since she went to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for me-I felt like I was missing a family member thursday-she was my baby-check that site out-it's sad but comforting--
I had already sent you a pkg monday morning--Sorry I was late getting that out to you for the Oct hostess gift--but you never recieved the first one I sent so--let me know when you get it
Jeanette

o

Fri, Nov 24, 06 at 18:12

Hi all,
It sounds like everyone got stuffed for Thanksgiving: )
Thank you for the condolences.
Thansgiving went pretty well at the in-laws. (Aunt Remy didn't start bawling in front of the kids.) The kids were actually good for me to hang out with.
I received Jeanette's hostess gift today, so that was a very nice pick-me-up. She sent a very pretty cranberry color woven wood basket with handles and it has a turkey design on it. She also sent a tin of chocolate filled wafers, an autumn leaf pot holder, a few spiced tea bags, and an Angel soap!
Thank you so much Jeanette!
Remy

o

hi i hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and i would love to be in this swap i love Christmas and i am sorry about your lost Remy i have a Manx cat named Peddie and he is 10 years old now and i would surly miss him. I cant wait to start shopping talk to yall later i have really missed be in the swaps Patty

o

Big hugs to you remy, you must get yourself another doggie for christmas, nothing like a sweet puppy to make you feel better Beth I thought it said you ate your daughter and 4 grandchildren, we along with dh's family had dinner at my daughters, it was great, traditional turkey, since she has a daughter in college that wanted the leftovers, I bought a mini turkey so we could have leftovers. here are patches and chub chub at one week old patches chub chubhugs

o

remy, I am so sorry for your loss, I cried. lost a pet recently, it really hurts. my shih tzu is 6, every day i worry about him, he sleeps alot, I am always checking on him to make sure he is still breathing, seems silly I know but my mother lost her shih tzu at 4 years to cancer,so I will always worry abouthim. he is like another child to me.

o

ok ladies I'm back to check on you all where is everyone I know just trying to relax from haven to fix your meals don't blame ya you need the rest :)

I got back home late last night & then spent the whole day to day with my neice I thought we were going for lunch & chat but we went for manicure , brow wax, hair ,
& Facial
then we went to this store for a whole new look she said out with the old & in with the new she had me trying on more cloths then I had in my closet I think :( I got my exercise changing clothes , anyway lets just say I will be making payments for 3-4 Mos:( How can ya say NO when your haven so much fun she loves to spend & she can sure fine the bargains :)) she had coupons for everything we did today :)) I never thought much of coupons till I went with her today I had my 1st cup of star buck coffee
free today & I have to say I sure would not pay the
$2.?? for the cup it was very very strong I can do that with my cheap folgers :))) .

& my xmas pal is going to get a very special gift :))
found some really neat gifts today so it was will
worth going :))
fun day out .

Remy : it is sad to loose a pet If you ever want another I have 4 very cuddle birds that need good homes :)

well have a great night ladies its time for me to sit
back & watch a dvd I got today :)

susie

o

Remy,
I'm sorry to hear about Lady! How sad...
Think of all the good times you had together. ((hugs))

Carol,
Chub Chub is adorable!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! ;)

Trish,
Nice to see you back!

Deb

o

Deb, what about patches? I got nice gifts and 2.00 from Squanzon today for our emergency boxes, I want one of those dreamcatchers, I like it lots. my pups are super cuddley, mom seems to think they need less attention, giving me more cuddle time, okay earthly wake up from your turkey haze and give us our names. hugs

o

Carol,
Chub Chub is my favorite! I love his face, and body shape! Patches is adorable too, but if I had to choose, Chub Chub would come home with me! ;)

Deb

o

hope everyone had a great thanksgiving. my meal was absolutely incredible.

remy, i'm so very sorry about lady. i know what she meant to you. my hazel is one year, november 1st, and she was just the most incredible dog. i cried non-stop for a week. i went to work, on the train, sobbing like an idiot, worked that way all day and came home the same way. eventually it got better. it's so sad, but it really does get easier. sending big ((((((((hugs)))))))).

carol, be patient!!!! I AM TAKING SIGN UPS until the 1st, if you read my notice. besides, i don't think everyone has had the chance to sign up yet.

i'm still wondering what happened to laura. she disappeared. hasn't answered emails, been on the threads. i sure hope everything is alright.

here are our players for the december/christmas swap so far in no particular order:

jules
mellen
remy
carol
susie
nancy
kimberly
diane/sassy
theresa
tina
sue
deb
trish
shirley
susann
annie
anita
patty

i'm debating whether or not this is going to be a secret swap. haven't decided it yet.

carol, both dogs are cuties.

hey remy, if you read this, do you have a pic of the outside of grand island? i'm making a scrapbook for jessica for christmas and that's one i don't have. if you do, can you just email it to me and i'll print it? thanks :)

be well,
maryanne

o

Ooops! Thanks for the reminder Carol! I had completely forgotten about sending you the items for our "make-up" boxes. duh! Too much turkey I guess. And pie. And sweet potatoes. And green beans. And rolls. and.... well you get the idea. LOL! I'll get it out to you this week.

Susie sounds like you had a grand day, I could do with one of those shop-a-holic relaxing days too. :)

Remy, I am so sorry about your furbaby.
Winter is here folks, it's been down into the teens last couple of nights. Brrrrr! Time for hot teas and cocoa! I can't get over those Starbucks prices either Susie! DH doesn't drink coffee, and I can't see making an entire pot for me (I really would be dizzy!) so I usually only have it at work.

I managed to stay home & avoid the crowds and sales. It was a struggle. Figure with the money I saved not buying all those "great deals", I can afford reg price. It's inssane, I know, but after 10 years in retail - ran a toy store - I sometimes miss the rush & excitement of Black Friday. Okay, not all of it, just some of it. LOL!!

For my December wish list, there is some extra info on my web page that might help my partner. And I love fruitcake or chocolate. Don't really need it, but I sure love it.
Hey y'all have a good night,
Susann

Here is a link that might be useful: Susann/Dizzy info

o

Sun, Nov 26, 06 at 9:15

Hi all,
Thank you all for your condolences. A big wonderful group of animal lovers you all are: )
It was absolutely gorgeous here yesterday, I hope it does the same today.

Michelle,
Sorry to hear about your pet. It is hard. Lady was old, so I know she lived a long happy life, and I'm ok. When Thor died of cancer, that was really really hard. I cried and cried.

Maryanne,
I remember Julie writing that she couldn't be in Nov. or Dec. swap awhile ago. I bet she hasn't written thinking she didn't need to.
I had a couple of e-mails before Thanksgiving w/Laura about a bracelet for my Godmother, but I haven't heard from her. Maybe she went somewhere for the holiday?
I'm going out shopping with my sister-in-law, the photographer, today, I'll ask her about the house if she's got any shots. We're going to go to Vidler's 5 and Dime. It is a cool locally famous shop in East Aurora(the Arts and Crafts movement town). Anything old fashion that you could possibly want, they have it.

Carol,
Those puppies are adorable! I would steal one(not paying all that money, lol!) right throught the sceeen if I could.

Patty,
Nice to see that you can be in a swap again!

Susie,
What a wonderful day you had! Coupons are great. I love coupons, just ask Maryanne.

Susann,
I will never go shopping on Black Friday. I would probably end up punching someone, lol. I once went to a big after hours sale because I was managing a restaurant in a mall, so I was working crazy hours near christmas. I remember thinking great a late night sale. Well, the women were frigging animals, the pushing and grabbing. I hated it! I really can't take it specially after being nice to customers all day. So I just stay home: )
Remy

o

Earthly, patience is a virtue we all know I don't have those!!I wanna shop for my persons gifts, I have collected some thru the year but all depends on who I get. I want one of those cuddley birds, do you deliver?I don't ship my pups, don't trust the planes.I need a birdie for christmas, maybe bf members could meet on state lines and get him here. Angel get your behind signed up for this swap. Dh is taking first week of december off for vacation, we are just staying home cuddling. hugs

o

HI.. I am finally home... I went to my parents for the holiday and they have DIAL UP.. Problem is.. it is sooooo slow.. With all the pictures it would take me a day just to post.
Maryanne, Can I play for Dec.? I emailed you awhile back about your sister, I hope she is doing better.
Remy, I have some scans to send you later tonight.

Michelle~
So sorry about your loss.

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving..
We are hopefully gonna get our tree this weekend so that I can start decorating. I love snowmen. This year I think our tree will be Silver. Max has a small tree in his room that is trains. I just love this time of year.. No snow yet, and as a matter of fact, it was 60 today.. Strange.

Well I will try to hop back on later, I have much housework to do..
Laura

o

Saw the neatest thing this weekend - the local nursery has a Christmas tree done with small birds & small windchimes! Too cool!

o

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great holiday, I know I did.

Beth, so good to see ya post, It has been a long time, hope all is well with you and your family.

Remy, sorry about the loss of your baby.

I take sis back for the test results tomorrow,we are keeping a positive attitude about this.

Gotta run, I have another 12 hr shift tonight.

LIFE IS GOOD,

o

hi everyone.

laura, glad to see ya post. i was getting worried about you :) i wasn't sure if you had gotten my box, but i read the last november post and see that you did. sure hope you enjoyed the things i sent.

annie, positive thoughts being sent your way. i'll say and prayer and light a candle. what a wonderful sister you are.

susann, i put up a similar tree. as a matter of fact, i put up several trees and each one is themed. one of the rooms in my house is all decorated in birds/birdhouses, so a tree decorated with birds and such goes in that room.

i'm debating pulling all the christmas stuff out this year. i am not one of those people that can just open a container and put a few things out. i'll go digging for everything and before you know it hundreds of santas and snowmen and angels and everyhing else is out. i get tired thinking about it this year.

my dogs are changing. getting better all the time. gracie actually lets me pet her now. beth, how are you making out with yours?

i just finished the last piece of pie from thanksgiving. i made an apple, pumpkin and my mother made a coconut custard. i also experimented with a pumpkin roll which was filled with this delicious creamy mousse. however, i forgot to take it out with the other desserts. when i was getting take home plates together, i remembered it. at least everyone took some home. it certainly was delicious.

i refuse to go out on black friday too. watching the news and seeing all those people out there 3, 4 and 5:00 in the morning. and then the ones that hurt each other to get to the stuff first. nothing is worth that. i did that one year, the day after christmas, to go to a store that carried a line of santas that i was collecting. only did it once, never will again. if i am getting up that early to go anywhere, it's fishing or a great road trip.

be well all,
maryanne

be well,
maryanne

o

Well I did go out Black Friday and lived to tell about it.Barely.The closest thing I can compare it to is on the rare occasion we get to a Casino.The looks in the eyes of the shoppers was the same glare you get from a person who thinks you want to play their slot machine.Oh if looks could kill! LOL I just laugh when I think of how crazy everyday normal people can get for a big sale. I just let my sister fight the crowds.I spent my time watching and shaking my head.It was an eyeopener for sure! Now I know why I haven't done that in ages and I never will again!

Oh susie,I sure wish you could give one of your tiels directions to fly here.I would absolutely Love one.Actually a Girlfriend for my boy tiel Emmet.He needs a woman! LOL

Carol those are the cutest little Butterballs I have ever seen.I vowed I would never get another dog after I lost my precious Buff 3 years ago.I really don't think I will ever get over losing her.She was just like one of my kids.I still get all teary even typing about her : (

susann,That tree sounds like it would be right up my alley : )

Maryanne,I always seem to go overboard with my Christmas decorating.I have soo much stuff its ridiculous.

Laura,I used to have a Silver Tree and Loved It!Almost bought another this year in fact, but decided my green one will have to do for one more year.

Anne,Keeping positive thoughts and prayers for your sister.

Hope you all have a Great Week!!
Nancy

o

Oh no! Carol! I completely forgot about sending you a gift and $2. Grad school was the worst this month and even today I have an exam, but am exhausted from working loooooong hours this weekend. I've got some packages to send out this week and will include yours with it.

In general, I'm so excited over this swap and can't wait to find out who my partners will be.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

o

Char-----HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUUUUUU
You haven't been posting lately, hope you are ok and wishing you the best Birthday ever.

Good morning ladies....Going to Curves and work off some of this Thanksgiving weight...I cannot resist all the good food on these Holidays.

Shirley

o

Happy Birthday, Char!

Deb

o

Happy Birthday Char!

Annie - Keeping you and sis in our thougths and prayers.

You gals just crack me up. I love reading all the posts.

Nancy - I went out Black Friday as well. It really wasn't all that bad. We usually go every year. If I seen a crowd like they show on the news, I'd just leave. No sale is worth getting trampled over.

We ended up at the in-laws for Thanksgivng. I realized that my mother in-law just lost her mom this year, and her and FIL would be the only ones there. I would have felt very selfish and disrespectful not going. After all, the only reason why we was going to stay home, just us, this year, was because I wanted to just spend a quiet day remembering my mom and dad. So, Sunday night, we had our own little Thanksgiving. I cooked a nice turley up, homemade cornbread stuffing, homemade baked beans, sweet potatoes, greenbeans, corn, homemade bread, several pies (strawberry rhubarb, pumpkin and pecan), mashed potatoes, giblit gravy, fudge (yummy), chocolate chip cookies, blah, blah, blah, LoL. Caleb and I spent the entire day in the kitchen. It was so nice. I made all the dishes my mom use to make. After we were done eating, we started pulling out all the Christmas decorations. We got on tree up and was pooped. So we are finishing (continuing:-)) that tonight.
I just dread taking all that down in January.

Can't wait to find out who my partner is for this month. I am so happy this year...really enjoying the Christmas spirit. Last year, the only reason why we even drug out one tree, was for the kids. It feels good to be back in the swing of things.

Sending hugs to you all -
Tina

Remy - sending you gentle hugs. Sorry for the loss of your baby.

o

Mon, Nov 27, 06 at 17:40

Happy Birthday, Char!

Remy, I, too, am sorry to hear about your sad loss. I know how it feels.

Sounds like many nice Thanksgivings were had in this wonderful group. Ours was, too, until hubby pulled a muscle in his back after the big dinner. We were at my sister's house in SE Iowa along with my parents. My BIL and DH were out cleaning out cars when DH reached just a little too far with the vacuum. And that was it. We stayed another night, but instead of heading for MO the next morning, we went home. He has had muscle pulls with lower back spasms before but nothing like this one. For the first 36 hours it was taking him a full two minutes just to get from the bed to the bathroom--a matter of 10 steps. Have been waiting hand and foot on the poor guy cuz he just can't do anything. Needless to say, I didn't go shopping although I did have plans to do that. I love shopping on that Friday. I just go with a positive attitude and a smile on my face for everyone. I always smile and greet lots a strangers. I actually get the same back although once in awhile I'll get a funny look. That makes it fun, too. Anyway, I stayed home from school today, too, because I wasn't comfortabel leaving hubby alone. He is finally some better this afternoon so I should be able to go back to work tomorrow. In spite of all of this, the food on Thursday was tremendous as was the company.

I am so thankful to be a part of such a wonderful, caring, and fun group of women. We all come from such different backgrounds and "places," but yet we seem to come together here as such a cohesive group for the good of everyone. Not for the good of just a more popular or powerful few. I hope that we can always keep it this way, and not let anyone ever try to come in and try to change us. I love that when we are happy others are happy with us, and when we are sad others are there for us, too. And when we are goofy, most others just jump right in on it!!! I just want you each to know that I am thankful to you and for your part in this group. ((Hugs)) to each of you, Mary Ellen/Mellen

o

Mary Ellen -

Hi sweetheart! I thought of you alot of this holiday. Hope DH has a speedy recovery. You and I know all too well how back pain can hinder a person.
Rick told me of his runin with you and Judy, LoL :-)
I do apologize, ha! I'll give him a slight swat for you, hee hee.
Please feel free to stop by after school for a cup of coffee (or orange juice :-))anytime.
Did you have any plans for Solstice this year? Maybe all this should be in an e-mail, LoL.

Still drudging decorations out........ I want to go make some more cookies. Has anyone ever made "jello cookies"?
They look good, but I am not a big jello fan.

Well wishes to all -
Tina

o

Tina,
I think I had jello cookies before. Have you ever had Jello cake? I love it and I hate jello!

Sorry Maryanne, I didn't even see this thread until now. I'll have to sit out until January though. Just so busy this time of year.

I also forgot to send Carol anything for the make up box!!!! I'm good for a plant gift certificate whenever it's needed though.

o

mary ellen...no wonder i love you !!!!

happy birthday char, come out come out whereever you are (notice that rhymed?)

tina, i never heard of jello cookies. shots, yes - cookies, no. i personally like jello and there is always room for it. still patiently waiting for your pictures.

shirley, you must just go to curves for the socializing. you certainly do not need it!

where is everyone? wondering if anyone else is going to sign up.

we had that silver tree when i was a kid. there was even that funky colored light wheel. as kids, we hated it. wanted a real tree. as adults, we know just how retro it is and would love to have it. too late, gone, gone, gone.

we just finished the last of the thanksgiving leftovers here. i didn't keep a lot for myself, i love it going out the door with everyone else. pie was done yesterday or so now it was just down to meat and potatoes. i'm not opposed to leftovers, but if i had to keep it all, the dogs would really be eating a feast. we have so much food, it's crazy. there's just a little italian cream liqueuer left -- didn't pack that in anyone's doggy bag! going to have to force mysef to indulge in this leftover :)

is amy (amybaby) still a part of this group?

laura, of course you can play. and my sister is doing much better. they still haven't given her a definite diagnosis, but for they ruled out anything related to the heart, thank God. thanks for asking. put down the dust cloths and come back and chat with us.

i seriously think this is the only scrapbook i will ever make. it's so time consuming yet fun, but a lot of work.

remy. how are you feeling since the last operation? are you getting stronger and able to do things on your own? i wasn't looking for julie, it was laura, remy. get off the meds! lol

i just read that there is an entire site devoted to bashing rachael ray. i'm not a fan, but i can't imagine wasting the time, energy or emotions.

i think i had more to say, but i can't remember it now.

be well,
maryanne

o

Mon, Nov 27, 06 at 22:07

Tina, yes, you can Rick give TWO smacks for me. Please! What was it, about 7:00 or so? Judy and I had just quit work for the day and were at the grocery store getting supplies for a meeting after school the next day. We were in kind of a hurry cuz we were going to the funeral home to see one of our students whose dad had committed suicide. Judy had been in the check out line in front of me so I thought I had time to run back and get 1 more thing. I left my cart in line, and when I got back your ornery hubby had budged ahead of me and was checking out!!! :))) Seems he and Judy had been yelling stuff at me in the store, but I didn't hear it. Actually that was kind of the mood in the store that night with the other customers there. Tell him he made me have a late night because he did that. After the funeral home, I still had to stop at Vince's and let out the dog and wait for it to do you know what then play with him. Then I had to finish an IEP online(school paperwork) at home. I finally got that done at 1 AM and got to bed. Tell him that if he hadn't done that, I could have gone to bed by 12:50!!!

BTW, the website I mentioned a few weeks ago is--

www.ltdcommodities.com

I've ordered from there twice now and have not been disappointed. What I have received from them has not been "trashy." Most things come in 1 week the rest is there in 2 weeks.

Maryanne, what did I do? I love you, too, you know. You've always been there.

Scrapbooking--no creativity nor patience for it. I kept all of Robert's high school things in a plastic sack thinking I might "do something" with all of it. I should have known better, though. I've been to a couple of scrapbooking parties, and I was bored and couldn't think of what to do. Pretty bad, huh?

I've never had jello cookies, either? What are they like? Maryanne's kind of jello is yummy, though. Oh yeah. Umm, so is jello cake. I love that stuff. Jello that is served in the hospital is really good, too. They must use juice instead of water because it is so full of flavor.

I'm done saying a lot of nothing. Night all. Mary Ellen

o

Mon, Nov 27, 06 at 23:47

Hi all,
The weather is still wonderful here! Gary and I(mostly Gary) got the outdoor decorations done for once without freezing to death, lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Char. I hope it was a good one: )

Annie,
I sure hope the test results were good.

Maryanne,
I think I am taking too much meds! I don't remember hearing about your sister. Well, I'm glad to hear she is better and it is nothing with her heart. I am feeling better, but I have to remind myself I can't do anything physical. I hate being a lump, you know what I mean? I tried to play with Creton outside this evening and didn't hurt my self, but I had to take a pill. It is taking a long time to type this, lol. I keep reminding my self that I will be all better very soon!
I asked my sis-in-law about a pic of Grand Island and she only has one where she is dead center in the photo. She's good looking, but I don't think you want the photo, lol. I'm going to try and remember to take the camera and take a shot or two for you!
I also have only heard of Jello Shots. Ok, I've had them not just heard of them: ) Last time was at my bachelorette party so long ago...

Tina,
That's so nice that you went to the in-laws and of course it gave you reason to have another great meal! And as Maryanne asked, where are the pics?

Mellen,
I'm sorry to hear about your hubby! I hope he gets better soon.
That is so sweet what you said about everyone: )
I have the same scrapbooking problem as you. I keep saving stuff though, lol.

Ok, it took me way to long to type all this! I should leave it "as is" the next time I take a pill, so you can see how many corrections I have to make!
Talk to you all soon,
Remy

o

I'm going to need to sit this one out ladies, BUMMER Big Time. Hope to be back in the swing of things next months exchange. Hope I didn't disappoint Susan (givern4me)in last months exchange got it sent out extremely late (yesterday morn). I do appologize for any inconvenience this caused to anyone of you last month but circumstances were beyond my control. SO SORRY to all for my delay. I promise Susan I will make it up to you over time. I hope you are able to participate in this months swap and don't hold my Nov mailing against all the other ladies in our group. They are all a great bunch of gals who are very thoughtful and giving with boxes of goodies galore that pack a real punch both in and out of the garden. Have a wonderful Christmas ladies as you all truly are my "BLOOMIN FRIENDS"!!!
Peace and God Bless you and yours, Char

o

Maryanne, Sorry to be so late posting but I think I'm going to pass on December. I'm just feeling swamped with stuff I gotta do or take care of or worrry about. So glad this swap is optional and I'll hope to be back in the swing of things for Jan.
Hugs to all. I'm missing you.
Bethb

o

char, julie and beth, you will be missed this month, but that's the great thing about this group, you don't have to participate each month. just make sure to come back in and say hi now and again.

once we hear from luna, jeanette, maureen, marsha and amy (not sure if the last two are still active members), i'll then be able to assign partners.

mary ellen, i'm sure you figured it out, but i said that because of the warm and wonderful words you wrote :) girls from my old job always ordered from that ltd. there's another company similar whose name escapes me.

remy, LOL, only heard of jello shots!

jello cake. is that when you poke holes into a cake and pour jello into it? that's the only jello cake i ever heard of.

tina, how wonderful to have your very own special thanksgiving and to spend that time with your daughter cooking in love and memory of your mother. this year was my first year without my uncle and i got lost in the moment of my own personal memories the night before while i was preparing, and then all our thoughts of him around the table the next day.

too much to do today, not much of what i want to do, rather what has to be done.

be well,
maryanne

o

Maryanne--The other Company is ABC Distributing. I know both Companies toooooo well. Love ordering from them. They have actually combined the Companies now. Thanks for the compliment about my weight I do love socializing with those ladies but on the other hand exercise makes you so fit. Sometimes I feel like this.
LOL

Mellen-I feel the same way about the group. Well said.

Can't wait to see who our partner will be. Ladies let Earthly know one way or the other if you are particapting this month.

Shirley

o

~~Just Popping my head in to say a quick "hello" to everyone! I have dinner cooking so cant stay, just catching up on whats going on in the group!! Everyone is so busy!!
Seems like you all had a nice Thanksgiving holiday, we did too!
~~I will write more soon, I have done alittle shopping for this swap, just anxiously awaiting the "line-up" to see who i get. I am sooooooooo excited!!!
Have a great evening!!
Blue skies,
Trish

o

Wahoo.. Finally got all the Holiday pick up done... Still painting though... I am just painting some walls in the house. When I moved in (my Dh already lived here) I moved from a 856sq foot house for one to a house with huge walls and lofty ceilings.. I am not very good at decorating large spaces. When I had small walls decorating was easy and inexpensive. But when you start looking at wall hangings for big walls you start talking bucks. The walls were all white and I told my Dh that I couldn't stand living in a sterile environment any longer. We work in one and I would not live in one..
So,, Out came the paint..
Midnight blue in the foyer.
Orange in the dining room (he calls it Home Depot Orange)
Brick red in the kitchen
Coco brown in the living room.
All one wall each (except the kitchen)
one reason was because I wasn't climibing a 30 + foot ladder and the second because it would really close things in.
I have even finally convinced him to get me carpet for Christmas. I know just what every girl dreams of...

Well, Happy Birthday to all the other Nov. Girls..
Also Maryanne, I asked you where in Highland your sister lived because it can't be too far from me.

Hope everyone is doing great..
Remy did you gt my email?

Laura

o

Thank you ladies by the way for the Birthday wishes and a special THANK YOU to Susie for the BIRTHDAY BOX she mailed out to me. Thank you all bunches. Have loads of fun swapping boxes and I'll check back to see all the goodies everyone got.
Peace Char

o

I'm in for this month!

o

a big WELCOME to lunamoon, glad to have you in our december/christmas swap :)

just waiting to hear from jeanette, maureen and marsha so partners can be assigned

be well,
maryanne

o

Hi Kids! And since it is STILL NOVEMBER yes, I would like to be in this swap. Would miss my sisters too much over Christmas! XXXXOOOOOO
Good to see everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We just had our kids and my daughter's 'friend-boy' and it was very nice and restful. For me anyway, lol. On the menu was turkey, garlic/blue cheese mashed potatoes,sweet potatoes, roasted vegetables, huge portabello mushroom caps with fresh parmesan cheese, fresh asparagus sauteed with lemon and garlic, and pecan pie for dessert. Courtesy of the DH which was the best part. I do cleaning, table, and flowers. In my garden I was able scavenge a fairly large bouquet of zinnia, aclepsias tuberosa, cassia,roses,and cut some leyland cypress greens, the flowers were every variety of oranges and yellows you could imagine.

Happy Birthday Char! Hope you had a nice day. No worries about my box, it is still November, and I am the original slow poke myself.

Anne/Raggedy, I read the posts here even when I can't write, have been following your sister's ordeal and I am praying for you both. Take care of yourself too. (((((HUGS) ))))

Remy, honey I was sorry to read you lost your Lady-baby. 16 years is a long life for a pup must have been due to her fabulous mom ((((((((((HUGS)>>>>

Carol is flaunting her puppies! lol seriously they are so cute you will probably have people fighting for them...

Shirley, I had to laugh at the picture of the scale hiding from the lady....I have to go for my quarterly Rheumatologist appt. in 2 weeks and I am seriously wanting to avoid that scale! I swear the scales in the Dr. office always add 10/lbs.

Tina isn't great when the daughters get to that age when the cooking/tradition gets to be important to them? My daughter and I always made gingerbread men from scratch, this year she bought a wilton gingerbread house kit so we could do it together...to make sure we had time to do it since we lost track last year.

RE: scrapbooking....God Bless the people who can do that. Too sanitized for me. Years ago I started keeping all kinds of memorabilia in big plastic boxes. This year I organized them with the idea of o.k., now I am going to scrap book. As I started going through them I realized I like to hold the photo,(metro pass, foreign currency, kids artwork,) pass it around, rather then glue it in a "forever place". So I bought (lots!) of overly expensive yet classy boxes to keep them in so I can just pull them out as the mood/season permits and if the box is laying around people are more likely to go through it and its always a new conversation where as, to me, a structured photo album wouldnt see as much use. My view of Italy was different than my daughters was different from my sons etc. For example I have the Christmas pix out and will make a few vignettes with photos/stuff from that box for one of the Christmas trees... My categories are one All Christmas box, then by every 3 years, because that represents where we lived at that time.

Mellen, God Bless all teachers that do IEP's! I feel for you baby! My son's IEP is coming up shortly here, by the time his teacher gets everyone together and documentation, its a summit meeting. 8 people invited, we might get 3 but she's the only one that matters to me so its cool. And she has many other students she does this for. I remember how busy it is this time of year for teachers what with the paperwork due and the students ready for break(teachers too right?)

We have not been up to much here, I started my "ring bell" volunteering for Sal. Army in front of my favorite Wal Mart. This is my small thing I am able to do every year since I am fortunate that I am able to stay home. (Then after 4 hours I come home get my celebrex and put my feet up and fall asleep with 2 cats on me and Otis by my feet and we all snore till the family comes home and laughs at us....lol) I love to people watch, and I love the little ones that come to put their coins in they are so sweet and look so proud. I have elementary age kids that take their own money and tell me "oh good your here, I do this every year I was looking for you..." the teens in their "tall tees" who come strolling up looking all cool then give me bills. Then their is the little man who gives me peppermints every year---he is so cute, the man who gives me a bible tracts all the time, but no money but looks like he has alot of money,(giving bible tracts to sal army people seems kind of redundant although I am Catholic but how does he know that....) and all the people who look like they have no money and give me dollars, sometimes I feel like they need it more, but of course I just say thank you. This volunteering has been good for me, taught me to try and not be judgemental of people on appearances.
And then sometimes there is the Toys for Tots marines who come and stand by me and tell me about their moms and homes and we commiserate about the military being as I am a Navy wife, they are maybe 19 years old, I like to converse with them and look through the toys 'cause I am nosy. ;P One thing new the marines are doing this year is collecting gift cards from Best Buy for the teens who usually get left out at Christmas time, I thought that was a good idea.
Ciao Y'all

'We cannot all do great things, but we can all do small things with great love.'----Mother Theresa

o

susan, welcome.

i think i already had you signed up. i could just be so confused (again) with all the sue's that are members of this group. so now, all the sue's are participating.

as it stands, we are still waiting on maureen, marsha and jeanette.

remy...i was in a store today and heard a woman call to her shopping companion "remy". i had to go look! it wasn't you

be well,
maryanne

o

Wed, Nov 29, 06 at 20:23

Maryanne,
Lol! No I'm still here in Tonawanda. There are a few of us around, lol. You reminded me of the cute little girl at work that I saw one day. I was working on a display when I hear a lady say,"Go on, tell her." I turn and there is this little girl there smiling at me. I think she is just shy and her mother told her to ask for something. Then all the sudden she blurts out, "I have the same name!" She had never met another Remy, lol. Of course I didn't meet one until I was an adult. She was named after her mother's friend from college. The little girl and I had a nice conversation and I gave her a quick history lesson about the name, St. Remy etc.

Laura,
I didn't get your email. I sent you one. Try sending me one back. I wonder if you went to my spam and I deleted you.
Carpeting is a good gift! Gary as been trying to win me an antique side table on ebay, lol. He isn't having any luck. Oh it is to get rid of the tv tray that the lamp in the living room is on! There is a nice one at the local auction on Monday, so he told me to go win it.

Klickitat,
I sent you an email too. Let me know if you got it.

All the sudden I've been having email problems: (

Shirley,
I don't think a scale would be afraid of you! but the cartoon is funny.

Susan,
That's great that you volunteer like that. You really can't judge people by how they look! I've done many a fund raiser and you're right, the way people look is no indication of the money they will donate.

Have a goodnight everyone!
Remy

o

Anne prayers are with your sister, keep a positive attitude it helps. Shirley congrats on your curves, shirleys got curves Mellen give hug to dh tina give extra swat to dh Earthly Jeanette says she will be sitting out this month, susie wants a newbie. Here is a pic of my lovely gardenshugs

o

Check out the snow! It has been unseasonably warm here this fall. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 60's. Neener neener..... SmileyCentral.com

o

i am kind of looking forward to snow to see how the dogs will react in it. not looking to shovel or anything, although i did get myself a new "red baron" hat. my other one got misplaced by someone that never respected my property from his and then took care of nothing. we are having just gorgeous weather. news stated that the weekend it will change though, for the worse.

susan, i admire your volunteerism; however, i am anti-SA. (talk about holding a grudge) i had always put money in the bucket and the first year i was married, when a friend and i were coming out of the gallery, i slipped whatever (can't recall) into the bucket. my wedding ring came off. i noticed it immediately. asked the guy to open it. he said he wasn't allowed. cops a few feet away, asked them to come over and witness his opening, etc. so i could get my ring back. bell ringer still said no, he wasn't allowed. my friend went off to call SA for them to come and no one would. said they had to wait for this guy to be picked up at the end of this shift (or something to that effect) - keep in mind this is a work day and i'm out for lunch long past the given time. police write a report, we exchange all the information, SA supposed to call me that day when they open the bucket so i could get my ring. no call from them, many calls from me, no one knew anything about my ring or would return it. gorgeous ring too - crappy husband, but always purchased great jewelry. i'll give anywhere, to anyone, but never again have i given to SA.

so remy, are you calling me cute too? :)

i got an email from carol that jeanette is sitting out this month. so we are waiting on maureen and marsha. since we haven't seen marsha around since the summer, i might just assume she's not playing anymore. i remember maureen saying she was leaving and then deciding to stay, but haven't seen her in a while either. in any event, i'll still assign partners as of the 3rd.

be well,
maryanne

o

Oh Maryanne,I think an ordeal like you went thru with the SA and your ring would have soured me on them too.Thats terrible : (

Lunamoon,Man you have really been having great weather! Cold here now!! grrrrrr

Carol,What a beautiful snowfall.We are still waiting for our first.The COLD has gotten here 10 degrees roght now so the snow won't be too long a wait.

Happy Belated Birthday Char! Hope it was a nice one!!

Shirley,I had that cartoon on my fridge for a long time.Everyone that saw it just busted! Too Funny!

Laura,I would Love if my Greg gave me carpeting.Mine is still old 50's shag in the livingroom.Hey I guess its coming back in style so maybe I can wait a few years yet! LOL

Remy,Hope Gary wins the side table for you on Ebay.They are soo cool!

Mary Ellen,That was so sweet what you said about everyone.My sentiment exactly.I get such a warm feeling when I think of all the great gals on here.Would love nothing more than to meet you all someday : )
Take good care of your hubby.Hope he is on the mend!

I always feel I am forgetting someone.Don't mean to leave anyone out.Think of you all often but when I get on here my mind sometimes goes Blank : (

Oh I am soo excited to see who Maryanne lets me play Santa to!!
Take Care All!!
Nancy

o

Hi all, been reading the chat since I'm a very lonely gardener in need of something interresting to do this evening. Is it too late for me to join this Dec swap and fill in for someone who has bowed out?

Sorry if I am intruding with this post. I just REALLY need to feel like I belong somewhere. I'm the oddball of my community, a "liberal" Navy wife with no current desire for kids on a base full of conservative families with babies! So people tend to avoid me since they believe we lack common ground to chat about. And maybe it's true. Hopefully I have more in common with you all! :D

My Thanksgiving was enjoyable for the day of the feast. We partook of a dinner offered by a local church. It was a Godsend to be able to do so, since food is very costly here in Hawaii and we are a family of 2 people. The smallest turkey I could've bought would have been 17 lbs.

That's just insane for two, unless you both LOVE turkey. I used to, but these days I don't care for it much since it contains tryptophan which makes me sleepy, and I'm already drowsy due to medication side effects. Turkey can konk me out!

So I partook sparingly of the Church bird, and enjoyed the heck out of the 5 grains of corn (a Thanksgiving traditional opening course), homemade pumpkin pie, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, dill dip, home-raised yeast rolls smeared with artichoke-cheese mousse, cranberry sauce (from a can but still great), cornbread dressing, gravy, slightly overcooked ham, and baked mac n cheese. Yep, eaten in that order! :)

The next day I had food poisoning and so did DH. :( Some of the potluck meal must have been improperly cooked or improperly stored. Well, it was still great having been able to share the community meal though! Did I mention that I'm very lonely? Being there with those folks helped me feel better for a bit.

The puppies Patches and Chub Chub are adorable!! I have a furbaby too (4 yr old terrier/shepherd mix). I lost a 3 yr old poodle suddenly just before I joined GW years back; I needed to expand my hobby to help myself cope with the loss.

I would also go to Curves to work out if I could afford it! But I am an unemployed Navy wife and he's enlisted, so I have to make do with the (ugh) ordinary gym they have here on base. I feel self conscious around all those built men and buff women, so I usually avoid the gym and go swim or walk instead. At Curves, I wouldn't worry about how I look.

I have issues with Salv. Army too. I donated all I could to them every year, even when money was very tight. Then one year I became homeless and got referred to their shelter. Well, I have a form of epilepsy that causes atypical behaviour when I seize (it's partial seizures). I also have post traumatic stress disorder.

Between the symptoms of these 2 ailments, I was "behaving oddly" but harmlessly. (I was walking around the shelter's gardens and the wildflower field nearby; whenever my brain acts up, flowers calm me). I finally came out of my seizures around dusk. Since I failed to collect 5 contacts on a job search form that day, they kicked me out of the shelter.

They claim to help homeless people. Well, apparently not the ones who are sick and really need the help! I was not at risk of harming me or another, so a mental hospital was NOT an option for me. SA knew that, and they STILL threw me out on the street. If they had wanted to help, they would at least have helped me get medical care for the epilepsy.

I am medicated and housed now, and much better than I was then. I thank the Creator every day that when I got kicked out of SA, a noble and nerdy bookstore clerk took me in and let me sleep on his couch in trade for cooking and cleaning! I was there for 3 months, until I had gotten regular Chinese herbal medicine for the epilepsy and a warehouse job that tolerated my occasional seizures.

If I am allowed to be in the swap, I'd love any of the seeds on my want list and/or Peat pots for starting seeds that dislike transplanting.

Or a garden gnome or a fairy! Especially love those little fairies on metal stakes that have mobile wings. They don't sell any here :(

Or a gift card to Lowe's (which has the best value on containers and the best potting soil for sale in my area):
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productList&category=Gift Cards&Ne=11000&N=0+1000994

Or check my want list for a few more ideas. :)

I already have 3 nearly unused sets of garden gloves (I don't like to use them) and 4 dusty, blank garden journals (I don't use them; my journaling is done on my computer). Prefer a gift that has no scent (I'm allergic to nearly all commercial perfumes and fragrances).

Hope I am not butting in somewhere I don't belong (story of my life so far)- Thanks for listening!

o

Sorry, I'll be sitting this one out. Too much to do. BTW, I've only been out one month. Played in October...

o

GM My BF"S :)))
Sorry for the long delay in responding to you all but I have had many things to take care of but I do read the forum every evening :)) & some times in the morning :

grovespirit :You will Have contact veeja11 for the info sheet this is however a yearly /monthly robin .

Maureen is sitting out this month from the emails I received & from the post here is all the players who will or will not be playing this month Hope this helps you earthly so now you can pick who sends to who.
we can now get the xmas swap going :))
OH I forgot AMYBABYBOY Her emails still being returned
so she may be haven computer problem "s & might not be able to get in contact yet so she might still want to join latter & we can keep that option open for her ok .
IF I have forgotten anyone or have you marked wrong please let earthly know .

OUR BLOOMIN FRIENDS XMAS SWAP
HOSTED BY: EARTHLY DELIGHT DEC 2006

EARTHLY DELIGHT
REMY
VEEJA11
HUMMINGBIRDDAISY
DEBBYA
THERESA24
MELLEN
RAGGEDYANN
MICKE --------SITTING OUT
DIZZYDAFFODIL
KLICKITAT
SGUANZON
BRITTENYGRAN
LIL_GREEN_THUMB
CEDARNEST
SKOHLER
DANCINGMOONS
SANDLAPPER_ROSE -----SITTING OUT
NYVOICES99
SASSYD
FAITHNFROGS---SITTING OUT
BETH_B_KODIAK--SITTING OUT
TASTEFULLYJULIE-- SITTING OUT
PATTY2257
LLBEAN
LUNAMOON
GIVERNY4ME
GRANNYMARSH- SITTING OUT
NUMBER_1_ANGEL--SITTING OUT
IRISH_ROSE_GROWER--- SITTING OUT
AMYBABYBOY/AMY ????

NOW I Have been ask to Remind This Group Of A Feel
Guidelines of the group .
Being that we are all friends we still Have to let
the group Know .

#1 when a box has been mailed :so the gal receiving
can be on the lookout for it . & the box dose not sit out in the weather for 2-3 days before finding it .:(
Please If your going to be gone for a few days
can you post here so that your parner will not
send the box while you are gone .
or be sure to have your mail carrier keep the box
till your return .

#2. PLEASE :Take 2-3 MIN"S TO
Let the group know your box has arrived
& what you received in the BOX.

#3. If There is a problem with the box PLEASE Contact
CAROL :)) or Myself or the Hostess May also be able
to help .

As I Said if I have forgotten anyone or your not going to be playing please let earthly Know this or post it here .

also I would just like to say that although we may not be able to send plants ,There are many types of Bulbs out there to help beautyfy :)) our gardens every state has many type so look to see what might grow in someone else state & keep in mine that it might be perinnial there its annual in the north but many of us have container gardens :)) & would love like a tropical
out door bulbs :))) that we can start in the house this winter .

we all love baked goods , cookies, fudges, ect ect ,
just pack so that hopefully they won't be crumbs :(

oh & Klick I have my fruit cake ready for January
MOM's favoret it will be ready by then .:))

well ladies this long winded old lady is ready to go
for the day have a great one will try to check back in when I get home .

susie

let the BELLS RING :))

o

Grovespirit-Hello, enjoyed reading your post. So sorry to hear about your bad experience with the SA. I guess they just did not understand. I work with a guy who has epilepsy and he will just go off to sleep sitting at his desk. Says the medication does it to him. We all try to cover for him when the BIG bosses come through our office. You never know how they would take someone sleeping while on their clock. I do love working out at curves and it's true you don't have to care what you look like there. Everyone looks much the same and just trying to improve some. My son was stationed in Hawaii when in the Marine Corps. We went to visit one year and loved it. I guess I enjoyed the Polynesian Culture Center the best. It was wonderful.

Susan-My hat is off to you for doing all the volunteer work that you do. WHEN I retire I want to do volunteer work also. If my DH retires I will probably have to work forever, I don't think we can live with each other being together 24-7's. I do better having time AWAY from my other half. I agree about the scales in the doctors office. I think those nurses just want us to weigh more. LOL

Carol-Snow already? Don't really care for snow but LOVE looking at snow pictures. Does that make sense?

Maryanne-What are you going to get that precious Bubba for Christmas? Hope it's something extra special. On the other hand if I retire I could borrow Bubba to live with.
I guess I would still be bugging SA for my ring. I hate those kind of things, they just eat at me night and day.

I'm doing a complete re-decorating theme in my living room when Christmas is over. My DD said she would help me paint so I told her I am selling everything in there and buying new furniture and accesories. She painted her bedroom and then did something over the paint with a glaze, I think it's called 'ragging on'. It is just beautiful and looks like a professional did it.

Nancy-I'm ready for my name too.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

Shirley

o

Hello all,

I have one more night to work then I am off till Monday night at 11p.m. work 12 hrs then off till Friday night.

We have good news. Sis does not have cancer, she does have sarcoidosis. She will be treated with predizone that might play havic with her diabetes so she will have to check her sugar 4xdaily. Our family feels so lucky and blessed.

If I've missed a bithday, I'm sorry, so Happy Birthday to all this month.

I didn't trade all summer so I'm looking forward to the Christmas exchange! :O) :O)

Going to get some sleep, they are predicting 6-10 inches of the white stuff, and although I do like snow I hate driving in it. I know there is a ditch somewhere with my name on it.LOL

I think volunteering is so rewarding, and I do when I can.

LIFE IS GOOD,
Annie

o

Annie,
What GOOD news! I'm so happy for your Sister!

Deb

o

test

o

oh annie, how very exciting for your sister and the entire family. continued prayers and good thoughts sent your way.

i'm starting a new thread as i have assigned partners.
looking forward to this swap. can't believe we are almost at the end of yet another year!

maryanne

o

Nice to hear good news, Annie!

Sue, you have a fruitcake already?!? Yay!

So when do we hear about our swap partner??? *grin*

o

Thu, Nov 30, 06 at 22:47

Hi all,
Ok, you may think I'm crazy(if not already, lol), but I've fallen in love! No not with Gary; ) But Gary had us go to the SPCA and I brought Sammie(Samantha) home. Sammie is absolutely adorable. She is a greyhound and yellow lab mix. She is smaller than you would think. She has a small greyhound body and the face of a lab. I'll take pics soon. She is too skinny! They had to feed her before she could go up for adoption. I don't know how somebody could not feed her. And she is a bit afraid of Gary. I think she got hit: (
She is being very good so far.

Annie,
Great News!

Carol,
I can't believe you got snow!

Maryanne,
Lol! you are adorable too!

Klickitat,
Do we win something special if we have the worst gift of all the fruiticake gifts? Because I think I have a winner, lol.

Nancy,
Gary gave up on ebay! He told me to go win my own table at the local antique auction. They put out the flier with a pic of one and mention of a couple others. He doesn't have the patience to sit through it all, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: Auction Table

o

remy. good for you. all the best to you, gary and sammie. looking forward to seeing pics. how wonderful to get a rescue dog. i can't remember your other guy's name, but are they adjusting to each other? when i lost hazel, i waited a bit to get a dog. the house was so weird without one. now i have two. if tina has her way, i'll have three more LOLOLOLOLOLOL

i'll check back for pictures because i just can't picture the combination.

maryanne

o

Maryanne, I don't blame you about the SA either! I would be jumping on their head /jk That would definitely sour me. However they did an outstanding job feeding EVERYONE here during the hurricanes rich, poor and in between. No power for a couple of months makes for alot of brotherly love! They were out before the Red Cross and stayed the course, several months in some neighborhoods, and if the kids are'nt in summer school, they miss that meal,so the trucks went 'round passing out bag lunches. I helped with that and saw how money was spent. Also, they spend the money as it comes in on the clients. The money raised in P'cola stays here. Also I can sign up on line to volunteer, the stand is at the location, at the end of my shift I drop the bucket with the store manager and they (SA) pick it up from them. So it can be tailored to whatever day..., time of day, close to home, don't have to wait on anyone, etc.

Maryanne--what the heck is a red baron hat???? Is Bubba participating in the Christmas swap? What is his wish list...

Grovespirit, sorry about your experiences with SA. They are just not equipped to handle anything more than basic needs. Half the employees at our shelter are former homeless. The point is they won't turn anyone away from the table. RE: "Navy wife what a life!" It is a misconception that the military is full of conservative people. In my experience (23 years)I met equal amounts of lib/mod/conservatives. You just don't talk politics. Which was kind of nice. Some of my best friends I've made in life I still have are military wives, conservative (opposite of me, I think I am mod at present) had kids, didnt have kids, whatever. You can't hold that against them especially if you live on base! The saying goes it takes the first year of an overseas tour to get used to being there, the second year you begin to enjoy it, the third year you don't want to leave...(Hawaii is considered overseas tour for anyone reading this) Even if you don't get picked up from this exchange feel free to email me if you want to talk. ;)

Shirley selling the furniture and remodeling sounds like a great idea! I want the people from that HGTV show that come in and collect up your stuff and sell it at auction to come to my house. I never know what to charge for stuff. I would rather do the painting part. Love that.

Annie, I am glad you have a definitive diagnosis, at least there is a plan that can be implemented, thats great. Was your sister exposed to something to get the sarcoidosis? Is that considered autoimmune or scarring? Be safe driving in all that snow...

Remy, thats so sweet your husband took you to SPCA! Welcome Sammie. And I went to the auction link and now I want to come and bid on some stuff! You should have a good time there and don't forget to report back on what you "score"!

o

Hi all, Wow you all have been chatty:)
stopped by to see what was up for the swap, will go find Maryanne's post,

Happy Belated Birthday Char

o

Okay, since we have been speaking of puppies, I wanted to ask some of you Michigan folks if you know of any that will be ready for adoption at Christmas. We are going up to visit my parents for Christmas (Linden..nearest larger city is Flint I guess) and we want to give my 5-yr-old his first puppy. It is the only thing he is asking for. He wants one that will fetch so immediately I think of a Golden Retriever but we would be just as happy with a lab and a mixed breed with some retriever in it would be just fine too. Doesn't necessarily need to be in the Flint area. I grew up in the Detroit area, and went to college in East Lansing so I am familiar enough with a lot of areas to travel to pick up the purrr-fect new fur-baby.
Thanks for your help.
Theresa

o

theresa, my suggestion would be to go onto petfinder(dot com) and look at the breeds/ages, etc. you can then call them and make arrangements. there are also member boards where people post and you can limit it all to the geographical area you are looking to adopt from. also, tina should meet you somewhere and give you one of hers. she has 6 of them and that will solve a problem. there are just so many unwanteds out there and they all deserve a chance.

what a great gift.

the new thread is posted...go see who your partner will be

maryanne

o

Now that MAryanne has adopted 3 of my lovelies, I am down to 4 males. They are absolutely gorgeous. Theresa, we could make arrangements I'm sure to meet somewhere and get you a puppy. They are chocolate lab astailian shepard mix and are so sweet. If you look on the Hort. anon pic thread, you can see pics of them all. I would love for you to have one.

Remy - Comgratulations on Sammie!!!

Annie - God is good isn't he. Now your sister can concentrate on getting better. Is there a specific treatment for her?

To everyone else - Happy December!!!! :-)

Hugs to all -
Tina

o

Earthly what ya gonna do with 5 dogs? becomming a kennel?
Tina, hope mamma is getting spayed. snow is melting and it is raining again, I got nice gifts from dizzy daffy, along with postage money. people are sending real nice gifts I wanna keep them all, If we don't need them in a year they could be a care pkg for carol, just a thought, bad one I guess. my dog is in a swap on the other site she is hoping for a bully stick, I wanna watch dh watch her eat it, I think he might cry. sun is out gotta go check for casualites
hugs

o

tina, hmmm, 3 dogs my azz. did i say that? am i really that nuts? i said interested in females...not all the females, or did i?

carol, what's a bully stick? also, is grove joining us? let me know, i think she'd make a real welcome addition if she is interested in a yearly thing.

maryanne

o

Maryanne,
5 dogs! Three puppies at one time... We aren't going to hear from you for months! You'll be sooooo busy! ;)

Shirley,
Is there anything special you collect or want for Christmas?

Deb

o

Tina..Oh My! They ARE adorable. I want them! But I have put my mom in charge of finding him or her as we will not have that much time up there. And I know she will not be able to drive that far. Sigh....that would have been perfect! I know they will find good homes quickly as cute as they are.
Theresa

o

LoL - You DID say three in the above post did you earthly???!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmmm hee hee

It actually isn't that hard taking care of these guys. They pretty much take care of themselves. Sometimes I think they are too samrt for their own good. They may be like this however, because they haven't ever been away from us, and always have someone spending time with them.
I am just so happy that they are going in groups so far. If I could find someone who would love them like I know Maryanne will, who would take two at a time, that would be great. If I had more room, I'd just keep'em, LoL. DH would KILL me :-)

Duchess will go in after the new year sometime to get fixed.
I think I want to breed Sissy once before we get her fixed. One of Dh's friends has an adorable jack russel with great markings and we are talking about next fall, breeding them.
Carol - Do jacks tend to have big litters?

Yep, just one dog and one cat left to fix, and then of course Sissy once she has a litter. Whew! LoL

I will post a pic of our newest addition to the family shortly. He is so cute. He thinks he needs to be with me every second of the night. SO now I have Sissy sleeping on my feet, Clarence (the new baby) sleeping on my pillow and Domino (our black cat with two white dots) sleeping on my stomach or back. Hey, who needs an electric blanket around here! :-)

Theresa - Maybe we could work out something to meet your mom. We are meeting earthly half way and we wuoldn't be that far from Detroit at one point. Maybe all three of us could make a plan.?.?.?
Just something to think about.

Remy - You do NOT have a big butt. I, on the other hand, well, lets not go there, LoL.

Tina

o

Fri, Dec 1, 06 at 21:17

Tina, I have a high butt to waist ratio, much higher than normal, lol!

I figure it would be better to post pics on this thread because it is done instead of slowing down the new one.
Here's a couple of pics of Sammie. She has light brown eyes, but of course the flash messed that up.
This one you can really see her ribs. We'll fatten her up soon enough: )
Remy

o

Oh Remy - She is so gorgeous! Look at that beautiful face!
In no time, you'll have her all fattened up. She has a wonderful home now, and you can tell she knows that by the look in her eyes. She looks very content.
Bless both your hearts.

About big butts, LoL, I had made the statement one time that my butt was crawling up my back, and one of my friends said "and what does your shoulders think about that", ha!
As long as they don't start crawling down to meet it, we're all good :-)

Have a wonderful night!
Tina

o

What a gorgeous pup, Remy! She's a lucky girl to have you as her mom. :)

o

Remy, I love Sammie's smile!

Tina, I am going to have to borrow that butt comment, its hilarious, between gravity and menopause butts give up I think...

o

Remy, I love your new fur-baby! She is GORGEOUS!

DH lets me know when I am carrying my butt on my shoulders. He says it happens quite a lot more than it used to.... Now what the heck did he mean by that?!?!

o

Tina, let me know when and where you'all are meeting. I will see if my mom can make it. Wouldn't that be great if it worked out!!

Remy...He is beautiful!

Theresa

o

Deb-Oh My goodness the things I collect are quite costly but I do love collecting them. I collect the Greatest Stories Ever Told figurines from Home Interiors and Precious Moment Figurines. I have found a few pieces at yard sales but not many. Anita did find some Precious Moments on Ebay when she had my name. Other than those two collectibles I do love decorating with the snowmen at Christmas time. My Christmas tree is done in Victorian ornaments and DH's is done in Bears, Elk and Moose. The Northwoods stuff. Anything will be great....Christmas time is such a great time of year.

Earthly I am working on your box and having tons of fun with it. I don't recall ever sending to you in a swap.

Putting up my tree today. Hope to get done before going to a Ladies Ministry Christmas Supper.

Remy-Sammie is a beautiful dog.

Tina-Dobermans are my favorite dog and Jack Russells are my second favorite. I bet those puppies will be darling.

Shirley

o

Remy : Sammy is so cute & She loooks as she will adopt you & hubby very quickly with tender care :))) .

Ok Tina Talked Me right into it just let me know when you gals are going to all meet up & I would love to adopt
one of your babies also :))) .
Most of all look forward to meeting gardening friends :0
love the idea :))
thresea when you going to be here in michigan ??
flint is about 1 hr away from me anyone want a birdie :))
they are albino's :)) will try to get new pictures tomorrow of them .

I love female #2 & male #'s 3 &5 :)) No I can't have all 3 but would take 2 :))) :))

just let me know time & place I can be there :)))

well been a long 2 days going to lay back have a great evening to all .
susie

o

shaking my head, scratching my chin, wondering if tina realizes that she is absolutely crazy. we talked about which ones were females, not that i wanted every female, i just don't want a male dog again. bad experience with them. i really have to go back and check my memory for when i said i wanted all three. i'm a little off, but not completely bonkers. put the booze down girlie. lol who would ever babysit for me with 5 dogs? i'd never be able to leave the house. maybe two, but then who knows. looks like you are going to be able to place more of them.

i'm in the middle of rearranging my entire house. i must be nuts.

o

Well, if there is a female left then I would be more interested in the female. My male shepherd, even after being fixed, pees on EVERYTHING!! My plants, our cars, even the neigbor's leg!! I love hime but that's the only reason I don't want another male.

Susie, I don't know the dates yet that I will be there but definitely at least for Christmas weekend. I just talked to my mom who said she can't do much driving to go get a dog but if you do happen to go meet up with Tina and Maryanne, maybe you could pick up one for me and I could pick it up from you in Michigan? I know that's alot to ask...but it's a thought. If it's too much trouble, I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY understand!
Where are you in Michigan again? My parents live in Linden.

Theresa

o
RE: ..Our Bloomin Friends December Christmas Swap

Female #3 would be my first choice...the one with the "boots".
Theresa

o

well thresea I"m just a Hop & maybe a skip from there witch is about 1hr15mins away so we could meet at maybe at the cross roads of I27 &I96 at lansing about 30-45 mins drive for each of us &great place to meet at the diner next to the mall :))

not sure where tina & mary will be meeting have to find that out . if that dose not work out I have a very tame bird that needs a good home :)))

as soon as I know then will get back with you .
have a great evening everyone
susie

o

Susie, I went to Michigan State so lived in East Lansing 4 years....I would love to meet there so I can stop in and stock up on my alumni gear which is all but unavailable here in Florida! I think I still have friends in the area I should visit. I don't want you to have to hold onto and care for the puppy for too long though. If they are meeting very soon I would not ask that of you. Just lmk what plan they come up with.
Theresa

o

Hopefully everyone has received their e-mails from me! I have heard back from Susie and Theresa, but no Maryanne. Did you get lost in rearranging your house? Can you find your way out, LoL!!!! I know all about that :-)

Susie - I don't mind if the bird is a male. I'll take one!
2 if you have them. Any grey ones left?
I can bring a cage.

I want to thank you all for giving the pups a loving home. They are so precious. Now I will not have to worry about them. Bless your hearts.
I/we look forward to meeting you gals!

Well, I have felt yucky for 2 days so I think I am going to lay down.

Good night,
Tina

o

Gizmo

o
RE: pics

if you click on the pics it makes them bigger, haven't figured out how to size yet!
michelle

o

thresea Not a problem :

Tina Just the one albino right now needs a home the others are spoken for since last night :))
so bring that cage .

Now I have to change a few things here for my new babies.
have a great day to all .
susie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here