Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: 2015 New Years Everything Goes Seed Swap

godsgarden9
9 years ago

Welcome to the 2015 Everything Goes New Years Fresh Seed Swap

Details for Swap

1) Everyone is welcome to participate if you have 5 packets to send in or if you have 300 packets to send in you are all welcome to participate, its a lot of fun.

2) You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until February 8th, if you need a little more time, this is fine.

3) Please send a return mailing label and enough postage to return your new fresh seeds back to you, or if you want to just insert a new envelope with postage this is fine.

4) Seed packet amounts, these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, small 50+, Medium 25+, Large 10+. Please make a list of what you send in, this will assist me so you will receive all different ones in return.

5) You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless, you have plenty and want to donate some to newbies.

6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.

7) Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com, if you post on garden web and it doesn't leave your email address.

8) This is to be fun, and you should receive a lot of new varieties that you don't have, and it is mostly dependent on you , if you send lots of the more common varieties you will get similar in return.. So sign up today, and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

9) You can list your preferences, flowers, vegetables, mixed, or such, thanks

1. If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

Please Mail to 1012 Monroe Street Gretna, LA. 70053 ***********************
Dont worry if you dont hear back from me via email, please just follow the directions and send your seed packets in as soon to the deadline as possible.

Comments (30)

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Count me in for this one, as well.

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Hiya Willy,...hiya Erica! Yep, I'm in as well! :)

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Howdy Darrin!

• bluee19
    9 years ago

I am going to pass on this one. Thank you for hosting!!

This post was edited by bluee19 on Sun, Dec 14, 14 at 13:12

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Howdy right back atcha, Erica,...! :)

• socalgardengal
    9 years ago

Please count me in Willy :)

• fresc1000
    9 years ago

Count me in!

• Belinda Sisemore
    9 years ago

count me in too

• bflystitcher3
    9 years ago

Want to try this! I'm a Newbie and only have one kind of seed this year to swap. Even one pack of a different kind would be great!! Not picky.

• stardrifting
    9 years ago

I'm going to do thus one, too!

Stacy

• patton40
    9 years ago

count me in please! ending an email!

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

Sorry I will have to drop out of this one.. Not enough time for it.

This post was edited by cghpnd on Mon, Dec 15, 14 at 9:06

• roper2008
    9 years ago

Sign me up pls.

Than you

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    9 years ago

This is what Willy states:

6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.

I'm sorry to say guys that this is not how this swap works. I have spoken to at least a dozen people who joined this swap in the past. They all sent in uncommon named and dated seed and were returned lots of mixes, no names and some not even dated. I myself was bitten by Willy Twice, I think...I'm a slow learner.lol

. His store is 7servant7.

This post was edited by ishareflowers on Fri, Dec 19, 14 at 17:42

• Belinda Sisemore
    9 years ago

I have decided that I am not going to do this swap. I still have not received my seeds from your last swap. Communion is very poor (no emails at all) and I am pretty much just fed up at this point.

• cryptid
    9 years ago

** BUMP **

• poisondartfrog
    9 years ago

Ditto, what ishareflowers said above. It has needed to be said for a long time. Sorry I did not do it myself. Kudos to you, Lisa.

This post was edited by poisondartfrog on Wed, Dec 31, 14 at 16:13

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

I too did not receive my package from last year.It was my first swap besides the secret santa swap.

• EricaBraun
    9 years ago

Think I'm going to have to withdraw from this one. I have too much stuff going on right now.

• Pmb2005
    9 years ago

Here is my Rate and Review of godsgarden9

Fall Spectacular 2014
    Lots of common mixes and unknowns. Packs labeled saffron that were actually safflowers, that you can get as bird food. Grapefruit and pomegranate seeds? Come on now! The bubble mailer I received wasn't nearly as fat as the one I sent. That was disappointing. There were some interesting packs of seed but not enough to bring me back to another one of Willy's Swaps. Be weary of this one, it looks like he has an ebay seed store too.

Other interesting reviews of Willy
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/brug/msg0808224027170.html

There is also a review of Willy using his name 7servant7 on DG, but I can't include that link here. Makes you wonder how many other names he's using to pedal YOUR seeds.

Don't think he's going to send you what he's selling in his store either.

Here's Willy's rate and review address.
    http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/raterev/msg1119182330922.html?18

Here is a link that might be useful: Willy's ebay store

• cryptid
    9 years ago

** BUMP! **

• cryptid
    9 years ago

** Bump! **

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    9 years ago

What I find interesting about this situation is we haven't heard a word from Willy. We know he is looking, just not posting.

Willy, your goose is cooked!

I hope you enjoy all the seeds that you swindled from the good people of the garden web because it will be the last time.

Have a great day
    Lisa

• cryptid
    9 years ago

Y'know what, Willy,...I think I'm gonna bow out of this one, too. Best of luck to you-n-yours in the coming year! :)

• beverlysc
    9 years ago

I've sat back and watched and decided that i no longer want to do this swap this year. I have always enjoyed this swap and looked forward to getting the seeds in return. After last year and getting 10 of my own packs of seeds back and 13 packs of marigolds.. I realized that wasnt much of a swap. I have sent messages to Willy but not once got a reply. I have even bought seeds from Willy from ebay. A few years ago I realized the addresses were the same as my trade and the seeds purchased. In put it together then but it really didnt matter. He was selling the seeds I was looking for. I would have bought them from anyone. With the problems going on this past year I chose to do very little seed trading this season.I have donated lots of seeds. I will do a round robin but decided to go with another host this year. I have traded with her in the past and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be fun with her RR. I often wondered..WILLY...do you even have flower gardens?? Happy Gardening....

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Yes, this is Willy your host, I have been doing this swap for years, and most people have been very happy with it, but now it looks like there are a few people that were unhappy in the past and I am sorry for them to be so critical and negative toward me and the swaps I have done. I never have been negative toward them, so please if you dont want to participate, please dont, and please dont discourage those that want to participate, I try to send out a good mix, but can only send out what is sent to me, thank you.

• beverlysc
    9 years ago

WOW..after weeks of trying to get in touch with you, I'm glad we finally hear from you now. My post was not meant to DISCOURAGE anybody. My first few years in this swap went well. It's only been in the last couple years that my end of the trade I got back seemed kinda slack. To get back 10 of my very own packs of seeds and 13 marigolds...I like marigolds but that's enough for my whole street. With all the people who participated, I'm sure there were different types of seeds. And I did send in some rare seeds and i know others did also. I think this swap is a good one for newbies..gives them seeds to get started. No harm intended Willy and best of luck with the seed thing...whatever you choose to do...trade, swap, sell. Just remember to take time out and stop and smell the flowers.. Karma is a wonderful thing. Happy Gardening !!!!!

• ibartoo
    9 years ago

Hi, if it isn't too late to sign up, I would like to join as well.

• ibartoo
    9 years ago

Sorry, but after thinking about it, I had better not join this one. I have much to deal with in the coming week.