Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

UPDATE: secret santa seed swap 'sending, receiving, and games'

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Game #3...WHAT IS THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF CARDS "1" PERSON WILL RECIEVE FROM THIS SWAP?

ok, please post your answers here like this..so I can keep track of ALL the answers.

game #1 your answer

game #2 your answer

game#3 your answer

So, you will be posting your first two guesses, and adding this last one...K?

Monday we will start the "12 Days of Christmas game"...I hope you ALL will check in with us, and Join the fun !

There will be a nice gift to the winner of each of the games...and maybe even some Chocolate for Mark..grin.

Comments (150)

• threas
    15 years ago

I received my first seeds yesterday! I got 2 kinds of peonies & variegated nicandra! Thank you so much Becky(booberry85)!

How about an 'S' for hangman.

Dan,so sorry for your loss. You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

Theresa

• nogmo
    15 years ago

I mailed out 27 envies yesterday -- hope everyone enjoys them! I also just received my first card from carolyn p -- thank you so much! I can't wait to try the beans!

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Dan, I am so terribly sorry to read the news about your girlfriend. Praying that you receive strength and peace to help you through this difficult time.

Becky

• Melinda Hagen
    15 years ago

I'm guessing it is: Oh come all ye faithful!

• elf7
    15 years ago

Received a card and wish list seeds from Nuthach MO,
    Thanks so much!. Very much appreciated. My cards will be
    mailed Friday!
    Game 1 =888, Game 2 35, Game 3 = 5.
    You've probably all seen this before, but guess the Christmas
    song:
    ABCDEFGHIKMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

• dawnbrn
    15 years ago

I have no idea what that Christmas song could be! Never seen that before.

BIG thanks to Crystal (crisann)!!! Got my card! :) Merry Christmas and happy new year to you as well.

My cards are on the way. Thanks Kym for the great job you did here! You must have had your hands full! Looks like everyone is enjoying this. :) Dawn

• suze62
    15 years ago

I'm staying with,
    Getting snow here :)
    Suzi

• kerai
    15 years ago

Dan,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Viji

• chellflower
    15 years ago

Dan,

So sorry to hear of your loss...but glad to know that you're okay.
    Hang in there and just remember that you have lots of friends here on the forum keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

• keeversgirl
    15 years ago

Dan, I'm not sure what happened, but I am so sorry. You will def be in my prayers!

• anadarko_rose
    15 years ago

Found another envelope in the mail this morning, thanks Becky for the marigold and morning glory seeds. I have to leave tomorrow and be gone for a week, now I don't want to go. haha But have to pay the bills.

• luvgardening2
    15 years ago

I received the most beautiful X-Mas card from Thinking_Stomach (Christina). She included Fish Peppers and Buttercup Type Squash. I cannot wait to plant these in my yard. Thank You Christina.

I am guessing:

1st game = 1880
    2nd game = 100
    3rd game = 143

Have a great day everyone.

1/2 of my cards are going out today. I have to work on the rest tonight. It is taking me way longer than I thought.

Nancy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Well Kym,
    I had hoped you would have gotten a guess in for the Hangman BUT ilovefarac got it right.
    It is Oh Come All Ye Faithful...
    You are goning to have to think of some to make them REALLY difficult. I thought that one wouldn't be too easy BUT this IS a VERY smart group of folks!

Kym ASKED US NOT TO POST THE NUMBER OF CARDS WE ARE MAILING OUT, PLEASE PLEASE HONOR HER REQUEST, it is for the game totals she posted! Your cooperation is GREATLY appreciated, THANK YOU AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Sorry Kym, trying to get your point across hehe!

:) Fran, aka: Santa's Helper

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Fran, you got MY attention...LOL Thanks, I was worried when I saw more totals being posted...I really appreciate every single card being sent, but please dont post your totals, or we wont be able to continue the contest..Just let us know that you have mailed to many wonderful people...grin.

NEW HARD ( I HOPE HANGMAN)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / _ _ _/ _ _ _, _ _ _ _/ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

• patrushka
    15 years ago

I have another one for hangman. Let's see how long it lasts. LOL

Hangman #4

_ _ _ _ _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _/ _ _ _ _/ _ _/ _/ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

One letter per post.

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Oops! Kym, I was checking it twice before posting and yours was there when I finished. Maybe people can ask for a letter and specify if it's Kym's or (mine) Pat's.

Kym, Is there a T?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OHHHHHHHH, I got the song !!!!!!!

NO-EL...cause the "l" is missing !! TOO CUTE !!

( I finally got to guess, YIPEE)

You all are getting some great seeds, and cards !! I cant wait to hear what everyone receives today. My cards will be the last to be sent out, I am working on them, in the middle of all the record keeping..LOL

I made my dad hurry to the mailbox today...I recd a nice card from Sueirish, with two kinds of sunflowers, I want to do a sunflower garden this spring, cant wait to see them growing ! thanks Sue ! ( and the best thing is you will get to see them too !) Also, Santa Crisann sent me evening primrose, I have wanted this for a long time, thanks so much ! Winter sowing is going to be awesome !

Then I recd a special package from Msmcyver...which I have known for a long time, and she was just too sweet..she sent me a real pretty box filled with gifts for my daughter, which I will save for Christmas, it is sitting under our tree...the first gift of our season. Bernie thanks sooo much !

I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS A REALLY SPECIAL HOLIDAY FOR ME...I was given a second chance at life 3 years ago, and I truly feel blessed to know each of you, and to have been able to bring some Christmas spirit to you all.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ / _ _ / t _ _/ _ _ _, _ _ _ _/ _ _/ t _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ t / t _ _ _

t

Pat, do you have an "N"

• perennialfan273
    15 years ago

Hello

On the first day of Christmas gardenweb gave me 4 PACKS OF SEEDS!!! LOL

I received some bronze fennel seeds, blue fortune agastache, and several other things. I can't remember who sent it, but I promise that when I get home tonight I will post.

Once again, thank you and thank you Kym for hosting this event.

Now, to end my post, I have a joke and a trivia question. What plant is always really rude to people??
    Trivia-What type of cake is often eaten at Christmas?

• appaloosa909
    15 years ago

Kim I'd like an "R"
    Pat I'd like an "R" as well

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Having trouble posting.

_ R _ N _ _ _/ _ _ _/ R _ N/ _ _ _ R/ _ _/ _/ R _ _ N _ _ _ R

N, R

• proudgm_03
    15 years ago

I think the Christmas song is The First Noel because there is no "L". (But I noticed there was no J also.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

_ _ _ r _ _ _ / _ _ / t _ _/ _ _ _, _ _ _ _/ _ _/ t _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ t / t _ _ _

t R

PAT, can I have an "E"

• booberry85
    15 years ago

Pat, I'd like a "D" please.
    Kym, I'd like an "H" please.

• patrushka
    15 years ago

_ R _ N D _ _/ _ _ _/ R _ N/ _ _ ER/ _ _/ _/ R E _ N D E E R

N, R, E, D

Kym, Can I have an N please?

Argh!!! My messages keep being rejected.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pat, change the subject of posting...then it will post..

_ h _ r _ _ _ / _ n / t h _/ _ _ _, _ _ n _/ _ _/ t _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ t / t _ _ _

t R H N

Pat can I have an "I"

• perennialfan273
    15 years ago

OH! OH! OH! I know the answer! LOL

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pat can I solve....Grandma got run over by a reindeer...

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

*********PLEASE READ************

I HAVE SCOOTER_WV ADDRESS......PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING ON IT !!!! THANKS !!

Way to go perennialfan !

• patrushka
    15 years ago

_ R _ N D _ _/ _ _ _/ R _ N/ _ _ ER/ _ _/ _/ R E I NDEER

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer is correct.

Kym, Can I have an E please?

• highalttransplant
    15 years ago

Okay, I feel dumb as a bag of hammers, because I haven't been able to solve any of the hangmen, LOL!

But that's okay, because I scored BIG today!!! I received two cards today, one from Crystal (crisann), and one from Nancy (nuthatch MO). Thank you both for your kindness.

On top of all of that, I also received an order from Pinetree Garden Seeds, which had the coveted Rudbeckia 'Cherry Brandy' in it! Woohoo!!!

Makes me want to sing a carol!

Bonnie

• patrushka
    15 years ago

perennialfan273, You were so close, only off by one letter.

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Kym "A" anywhere?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

_ h a r _ _ e / _ n / t h _/ _ _ _, _ a n _/ _ _/ t _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ t / t _ _ _

t R H N E A

OH BONNIE..Cant wait to see how they look..everyone has been wanting those seeds...LOL

• poisondartfrog
    15 years ago

Micrey sent me a lovely Leanin Tree Card today-they make the most beautiful cards! Thanks so much for that.
    Inside was a packet of Ruby Port Columbine and a packet of Verbena hastata!
    Thank you, indeed. What fun!
    Alana

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Kym, Can I have a C please?

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ch a r _ _ e / _ n / t h _/ _ _ _, _ a n _/ _ _/ t _ _/ _ _ _ _ _ t / t _ _ _

t R H N E A C

• intelkid
    15 years ago

Kym, is there an "I"

• patrushka
    15 years ago

Kym, Can I have an L please?

LOL, I know the first word, I think.

• yotetrapper
    15 years ago

oooooh i only know half of it, not the rest!

I got two cards today!!! Thanks to crisann for sunflowers (two dif packets), 40clocks and cosmos. And thanks to pufftrinket for the marigolds and two lovely mixes! I can't wait until next year when I have more seeds to share as well!

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Thank you booberry85 for the wonderful fabric and the seeds: pansy, cantaloupe, tomatoes, Navajo melon, and spinless okra. Will plant those beautiful pansy seeds today!! Thank you for helping me have a wonderful Christmas. :-) All my big quilts have dark green in them so the fabric is perfect.

And yes chemocurl it has been a while since I was on the Test Forum so I did have to peak at my notes to make things red. :-)

Pulled all the Christmas decorations out today. GFETE

Best to you and many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• quiltingfox
    15 years ago

Oops! forgot. Kym can I have an "O" please?

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

Is it:

Charlie an the sno'man on the ...... tree?

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

ooh, sorry is it:

charlie an the sno,mans on the (IDK)t tree?

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

charlie an the sno,mans on the forest tree?

Sorry for guessing so much i have used up my 3 guesses.

Kamil

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LMBO...NO that isnt it, but keep trying !!!!

ch a r l i e / in / t h e/ _ _ _, l a n _/ _ _/ t h e/ _ i _ _ i t / t o _ _

t R H N E A C I L O

• intelkid
    15 years ago

I'll go with a "D"

Show me the letter please. :)

• patrushka
    15 years ago

I can't figure out that fourth word.

Yippee!!! I got my first card today from Carol57078. What fun! Thanks so much for the Double Yellow Datura, Pink Cleome, and Purple Cleome. I'm so looking forward to all of the cute, little seedlings and the lovely flowers. I can't wait to start winter sowing.

• aphroditelaughs
    15 years ago

I have been trying so hard not to check the mail every five minutes today! I just checked it and was so sad not to see any yellow envelopes, but then I noticed a little white one, from Lois, with Japanese Anemones! I have wanted these for a long time, I am so excited to grow them. Thank you Lois!
    Ellie

• kamiljablo
    15 years ago

I will have to go with s, and y, please show me the letters.

Kamil

I cant wait to get my first card!