Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

update: update - dec. garden circle excahnge ring

sandlapper_rose
17 years ago

This year certainly went by fast!

Anyway, let me start out with the December birthdays so we can remember to say Happy Birthday on that special day:

Atravers - Dec. 15

DA1763 - Dec. 17

ZoeGurl2001 - Dec. 19

Anyone else?

Beth, I have your December package ready to go so next time I can swing by the post office, it will be on its way. I wrapped the gifts. You can open them when there get there though. In fact, there is one that I would like you to open as soon as it gets there. I wrote a message on the tag saying to "Open Me." It has been fun sending to you (and to Jan earlier this year.)

Comments (65)

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jeanne,
    Thanks for doing such a wonderful job as hostess all year! I really enjoyed the swap!

Carol,
    I really enjoyed you as my swap Pal! You sent me so many wonderful boxes!

Deb

• mellen
    17 years ago

Carol, I feel the same awful, too. You are very welcome. I am going to miss sending to you every month. It is going to be very strange when I am shopping not picking things up for you. How do I cut off the habit of looking for wolf items??? Major withdrawal! LOL I have loved sending to you. Jeanne, again thanks for the past year. It's been great! Later, my friend, Mary Ellen/Mellen

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Debbie, Thank you so much for the lovely kitchen items. Debbie sent potholders and mitts and dish towells all in a cheery Christmas print. They put me in the mood to do a little cookie baking and fudge making. What a lovely gift.
    Debbie, I have really loved having you as a Garden Exchange pal.

Summer, Thanks for the Christmas card. It is so pretty.

Dee,
    I subscribe to Fine Gardening and Horticulture magazine. In my opinion, they are the most imformative gardening magazines. I learn something new in every issue. Most of the others are just eye candy. I do give into temptation and buy one or two of those off the rack (usuallly when I am in winter withdrawl) I also save every issue of the two for future reference.

Karen

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

Well Diane, your package didn't come this week. I sure hope you got a tracking # on that sucka, so it hasn't gotten lost!! Hope you are okay, and having a good holiday season so far. Hope they're not workin' you too hard. :(

~Summer

• mellen
    17 years ago

Beth, your package arrived yesterday(Saturday). Jim and I just laughed when I kept pulling out packs of gum for him. He should be well-stocked for awhile now. I'm to tell you thanks a lot! I want to thank you for the delicious candy. I especially like the Reisen chocolate covered caramels. They are one of my favorites. Also thank you for the pack of Christmas pencils that I will take to school and for the cute pen. I like that it has a light that turns on when you write, has a Christmas tree on the top, the Christmas tree comes off and stamps a green tree on paper, and the tree twists off the pen, and I can blow bubbles that are in the middle of the pen. What fun! That will go to school, too. The two suet cakes will be used for my birds, and tomorrow when we decorate the house, I will be hanging the mistletoe that you put together. Thank you for that. I just love it! I plan to put the smaller candle tin-which smells very nice-in the guest bathroom. The other, larger candle, called Creme Brulee, will be used in the kitchen. It smells divine!!! I love the stoneware loaf pans with the snowflakes and light blue background on the side. My favorite colors. Perfect for some mini-loaves of friendship bread, banana bread, or pumpkin bread.

Beth, you have been the very best pal hands down! I hope you know that I have appreciated you and your thoughtfulness every month. You always sent the neatest, unique, and wonderful gifts! I have plants that will remind me of you, too. Thank you for being a wonderful pal! Mary Ellen/Mellen

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Marie, Bummer on your computer not letting us email you. Will look forward to your package next week. Your last package had only one H on it. Looked like the box had it written right, but the label that was made over it, left one H off. The UPS driver stops here enough to know where we live though. :) But there is just a H not far from us though too. Have a great Holiday.

Dee: I subscribe to Garden Gate( did that is) Now My Mom does, so just borrow hers.:) Birds & Bloom and B & B Extra. Very seldom just buy off the rack. The less amount of ads in the Magazine, more likely to buy.

Know I'm way early but, don't want to forget either, especially with the busy holiday upon us. So. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all the DECEMBER Birthday gals. Hope you all have a terrific special day when it gets here.
    Atravers - Dec. 15
    DA1763 - Dec. 17
    ZoeGurl2001 - Dec. 19

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Dee my favorite garden Mag is Horticulture. No contest, no comparison. I even buy older copies on ebay if I see them. I get some of the others for ideas but for good solid info... Horticulture wins.
    Jeanne, Your package arrived Friday and I opened the box that said open now. It is a beautiful Amaryllis. It is one I don't have so I'm tickled with it. I'm going to try to keep them growing year round so they bloom bigger and better every year. This is per an article that I read. We'll see. I never had much luck reblooming them but maybe here it will work.
    I also openen the Weary Gardeners bath and muscle rub package. The packages are so cute and say "For use after energetic Weeding,Digging,Pruning & Mowing." The pictures are quaint rather like Beatrix Potter books And I plan to display them in the guest bath even after they are empty.
    There are herbal bath sachets, hand soap and muscle and joint rub. Also a nice fat sponge and a nail brush.
    Very nice Jeanne. Thanks so much. I'll post about the other two boxes after I open tham.
    Mellen, It has been a pleasure sending to you this year. I'll still be looking at things and thinking that is "something Mellen could take(use, wear) to school and the kids would enjoy it". i liked thinking I was sharing with your class.
    I'll miss you gals.
    Beth

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Summer my friend, sorry for not posting Friday when I received your box. Summer sent another outstanding box, and everything was gift wrapped!
    I received: a large candy cane printed jar of Christmas candy
    a gift for my terrierist Otis, a 'Claudia's Canine Cuisine puppy pop sucker' ultimate peanut butter treat, which I will put in Otis's stocking, thank you from Otis,
    a catnip sexy looking shoe for the cat
    a box of holiday themed plastic baggies
    a poinsettia oven mitt
    a poinsettia apron (I will be trying that on Steve, my cook lol)
    a stamp set with xmas tree and stocking
    a very cute bag of cocoa and marshmallows, with a bow
    December 2006 Better Homes and Gardens magazine
    a Garden Planner
    Summer thanks so much for this thoughtful box, and for stepping up and being my partner mid swap. I have enjoyed your friendship and hope we keep in contact. XXXOOO/Susan/Giverny4me.

• wynative
    17 years ago

Suzanne ~ your box is on its way. Conformation # 0306 1070 0003 5831 9271

I hope your Christmas is everything you wish it to be!

Marie

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

Deb - I received your package on Saturday, sorry I'm just now getting around to posting. It's been great having you as a pal, and I love the great set of bath products you sent me. I thought it was cool that the name on them was Tuscan Hills, because my sweetie and I are planning a trip to Italy in March! Thanks also for the Christmas list pad.

Marie, I dropped your box in the mail today, so hopefully you should have it by the weekend.

Alicia

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Ok,Summer I've made you suffer long enough. I'm really sorry you had to wait on your Nov. package. Your box is now on its way! I think they're should be enough in there to make you happy for awhile:) It includes your Nov. box, Dec. box and bithday box. Hope you enjoy & have a wonderful Holiday with your family! I'll post the confirmation # as soon as my SIL emails me.

• atravers
    17 years ago

Dear Karen,
    In today's mail was a delight! I unwrapped my birthday present and upon seeing the terracotta tones on the cover stopped mid-stream and felt this glow come over me of a fine book ready to savor. One Man's Garden by Henry Mitchell. I thumbed through it and looked at December, naturally, to see what Henry had to say for this month. And I knew I had found a soul mate when I saw the subtitle "Bananas" on page 239 with Henry's words, "... I know there are gardeners like me who (and never mind the blunt reality that we lack time or energy to keep our temperate gardens in fine order) are continually seduced by some tropical plant or other." Here is someone who validates my peculiar passion for tropicals while gardening in zone 5.

Karen, last December you sent me a galley copy of Writer in the Garden and this December you send me One Man's Garden. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you this year and will miss you. I send along the best wishes to you and your lovely family for a wonderful holiday season. And thank you for being a terrific new gardening pal for me all year long.
    Ann

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Summer...conf.# 1z6408w10355911225 showing Friday delivery.

Well I know how all you girls feel, I'm so sad this swap is almost over. Dee I love ya girl and not worried about us keeping in touch, Summer, hope we do too! I feel like I must not commit myself to an every month next year, new house, new grandbaby girl! Gonna be a busy year! But would absolutely be open to filling in, if someone needs to drop out at any point, and unfortunately Jeanne and I know.....that happens, lol.

Later girls!

• wynative
    17 years ago

Alicia ~ Thanks once again for a wonderful box of thoughtful gifts! I can certainly use the 2 hot pads and pan holders. I never seem to have enough for big meals. The little mitten carmels are so cute - yes I am sampling them now. LOL You alway find the neatest things! Love the Christmas tree shaped bath confetti - will be a nice addition to my bath after a long day of food and fun.

I recieved 2 different scented bath salts and a lovely 2007 calendar.

Thanks so much for all the gifts and garden items you have sent me this year.

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and the BEST of New Years.

Marie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to Ann. Hope you had a wonderful day!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

A big thank you to Kelli! Kelli, your package arrived today and I decided to put the wrapped gifts under the tree to open on Christmas morning so I will be back in touch with more specific thanks then. You have been a fantastic pal all year and I don't think saying Thank You is enough, but I don't know what other words to use. I will enjoy all the things you sent for many years and think of you when each new plant or bulb shows its stuff in 2007. I hope we can keep in touch. (Well, I guess we will since you are the 2007 coordinator!)
    Merry Christmas and all the blessings of the season to you and your family.

Jeanne

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Ann!!

Hey, we almost have the same birthday, hehe. Hope you are having a great day!

Well miss Sassy, I received your huge box today!! Wow, I started going through it and stuff just kept coming! I have mentioned the roses here at our new house, and it was so sweet of you to send a box of MiracleGrow rose plant food. Wish me luck growing them, surely this will help! Also received an adorable set of gray bird statues, a big one and two babies. A cardinal candle holder/lantern, a cardinal pinecone candle holder that I love, a really big book called "Complete Home Landscaping". Sassy, this was a great gift, with me just having moved into a new house, thank you!! A cute little santa shaped notepad, and an awesome decorative birdhouse. Here, I took a photo:

It is so cute, my mother fell in love with it, too. :)
    And I certainly can't forget what I assume was my birthday goody bag, oh my it smelled heavenly when I opened it! In it was a big bag of Yankee Candle brand potpourri "Fresh Cut Roses", and a box of Yankee tealight candles in the same scent. (I LOVE Yankee Candle anything, so I was ecstatic when I saw these!) Also a bottle of Calgon body mist, "Tahitian Orchid", and a beautiful pearly white heart-shaped candle. And last but of course not least, a tin of homemade cookies. They are like little soft fruitcake cookies, soo good, we have already made quite a dent in it, lol. ;) Diane, I would love to know what these are called, and to have your recipe if you'd be willing to share! They are delicious.
    Wow, I am overwhelmed. You have really made my month! You have spoiled me with so many wonderful things these past few months, with things which I will treasure for a long time. I sure hope that we can keep in touch, and I hope to get to know you better, too! Diane, I can't thank you enough for everything. I hope things go smoothly with moving into your new home, and that you have a wonderful life there! Hope your Christmas is blessed as well.

~Summer

• atravers
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! You're a great group and I've had such fun getting to know everyone this year. Jeanne, you've been THE hostess with the mostest with this swap. Thank you for all your hard work. Happy holidays to all and best wishes for a great 2007!
    Ann

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Ann! Hope it was a good one!

Summer so glad you liked everything sweetie! Yes it was your birthday baggie! lol I'm so very sorry I didn't have time to sit down and wrap everything, like I would normally do for Christmas. That did look like a great book, I originally wanted to find you one on taking care of roses, but couldn't find one to save my life, wrong time of year, I guess. But that one looked very informative! And yes, the potpourri & candles did smell heavenly, glad you liked everything! The cookies, are my fruitcake cookies I have to make every year at Thanksgiving & Christmas. I even buy extra candied fruit and freeze it so I can make it any time of the year when I get a craving for them! I'll post the receipe here so anyone that wants to try them can. That receipe was given to me by my ex-mil, about 25 years ago and I've made them every single year since. And believe it or not, I made a batch to send out with you box in Nov. and the day after I made them...came home from work and they were all gone, boy I was some kinda pe-ooood! lol Anyway, I'll get it posted. You take care & enjoy your stuff! We'll certainly keep in touch!

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Carol,
    Thanks for another great box! I know I'll enjoy the Chocolate body wash set! Plus the cookies, chocolates. Also, the cute tiger with lipglosses, and the journal, jinglebell earrings.

Your boxes are always so thoughtful!

Thanks for being my Pal all year!

Deb

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Marie, Recieved your package today. Thank You. Although I don't know everything in the box, for DH said had to wait for Christmas seeing the rest of packages were wrapped. :) So those that were not can tell the others now what were. A santa door knob hanger, and some snowman (peppermint) melt.Can't wait to smell that. Marie, you have always thought of the boys, Thank you so much for thinking of them. I presume you made their presents, yep they couldn't wait to open em. Each boy recieved their own hand made peg board. Very nice, with push pins, pockets,each one different than the others. Know Faintheart would love the one, its patriotic. :) Lot of work went into them, Thank YOU again Marie. Looking forward to
    opening the rest of mine. Not sure will be able to hold out till Christmas though:)

Wishing all of you a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Deb.
    Happy Birthday to you!

Hope you have a wonderful day and a wonderful year ahead.

• Debra Andruska
    17 years ago

Thanks Jeanne!

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

Happy Birthday Deb!!

You are such a great gal to know, I am thankful I met you! I sure hope you have had a blessed day!! You deserve the best today.

~Summer

• atravers
    17 years ago

Dear Bonnie,
    I received your thoughtful package today. The garden in a bag lavender is lovely - my mother's favorite plant. I will enjoy sowing these seeds indoors early spring and think of you as I do. The plant fertilizer stakes are great! I've brought so many plants indoors for winter I need as much help as I can get to keep them going until next summer. And the sweet little stocking with chocolates is much appreciated too. You've been a wonderful exchange partner and I wish you the best too for the new year ahead. Thank you again for all the fabulous seeds and goodies you've sent over the year.
    Ann

• atravers
    17 years ago

Oops. Sorry! Wrong forum. Obviously on holiday overload!!

• sassyd
    17 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!!!!!!!!!

Sassy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Another birthday tomorrow so I am going to sneak my birthday wishes in before going to bed.

Happy Birthday, Summer!
    I hope you have a very special day. Enjoy it to the max.

{{gwi:1311883}}

Jeanne

• sassyd
    17 years ago

Dee, I just love & adore you and your gifts are always so special! Let me try to get this right & please forgive me Dee if I forget to list anything.....

A beautiful Christmas card & one of my favorite things, even though I love everything, a Hallmark christmas ornament, I Love it!!! I don't know how to describle it other than a ball ornament with 2 friends on it just strolling along and says "Friends are the heart of any season" I love it Dee!

A pretty pair of christmas socks with Ho Ho Ho all over them! (Sorry Julie stole them...She A Thief I tell ya!) But she did request that I say thank you from HER!! lol A
    new journal, which I needed a new one, Dee can you imagine a therapist going thru my head? HA HA! JOKE IS ON HIM/HER! lol A beautiful decorative banner for indoor/outdoor, so beautiful, don't think I can put it outside!:)) oohhhh, a flower pouch which i'm so excited about! Can't wait to see it full of blooms next year at the new house! I've been wanting some! Love, Love, Love the Capizi stained glass butterflies with roses, so beautiful! A wonderful copy of Taste of Home, Best Holiday Reciepes including a christmas cd! Whoo Hoooooo! Love this! A pretty hand towel, christmas of course, so pretty Dee! Oh, and peanut brittle, made my Dee & Missy! Thank you girls, soooooooooo good! A great birdfeeder, how to describe it....green with frogs sitting along the edge like they're looking into a pool, soooo cute, I have a wierd things about frogs in the garden, must have them! lol

Dee I truly hope I haven' forgotten anything, but if so I'll think about it later, now, last but of course not least.............

Dee sent dh a gift (He says he will not open until Christmas Dee so maybe I can get you a pic!) lol & Thank You for thinking of your birthday bud! Now we get to Miss
    Sassy..........ummmmmmmmm....well lets just say, she was Sassy! If a box comes in this house, its supposed to have something in it for her!!! And my dear friend, whom I love so dearly, ITS YOUR FAULT! lol For a year now, Dee always sends to Sassy, and Sassy is trained well! lol Sassy got Milk-Bone Doggie Treats, and get this........... home made Peanut Butter treats shaped like little dog bones! lol Well like I told ya girl, she loved them and has has enough for today!

Thank you so much for the wonderful packages every month Dee, but more than that thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a very dear friend. I couldn't have a better friend that lived 2 doors down! I won't miss you, lol, because I still intend to talk to you everyday!!!!!!
    (I will however miss the lute! lol)

Jeanne I just wanted to say again, this has been a great year, it was a pleasure to be included and I have personally had the best 2 pals a girl could ask for! Dee & Summer. I'am sorry that you came along later in the year Summer, but I feel honored to have been paired with you, and have enjoyed our emails so much. You're such a sweetheart!

I'll try to pop back in, but incase you girls have Merry Christmas!!!! Hugs...Hugs....& more Hugssssss to all!

• zoegurl2001
    17 years ago

Awww, thank you so much for the early birthday wishes!! And Susan, you sweetheart you! Tonight in the mail (mail didn't come until around 7:30 this evening, crazy!) I received a bubble envie from Thompson & Morgan. I thought, "Huh? I didn't order anything from them, that's weird..." Then I opened, and in it was two $10 gift cards!! Susan you so did not have to send me anything, but thank you so very much, it was such a great surprise to receive!! Now the hard part, figuring out what to buy, LOL! And Susie and Karen, thank you for the beautiful Christmas cards by the way. This has been the greatest bunch of gals I tell you!! And Diane, I have been so blessed to have you as a pal also!! And Susan, I am so thankful I've had you as a pal these past few months as well. I am sorry that I did not get to know you two until later in the year, but I am grateful for the time we have had, and hope that we keep in touch!

Incase I don't post again before Christmas, I hope everyone has a very blessed holiday!

~Summer

• pastvast
    17 years ago

Merry Christmas to All!!

Firstly, sorry to Ann and Kelli for taking so long to write my thanks and in mailing my package out. I was out of town on vacation for a week and didn't have email access (gasp). Anyways, I'm back and provided I write a "to-do list" I'm on the ball.

Thanks to Ann for such a wonderful December/Christmas box. It was packed full with awesome things for the garden, including a lot of seeds from my wish list. It's not even officially winter yet and I'm already starting to dream of spring!! I can't wait to see how well the sweet peas grow. Also inside the box was a little bird feeder and books about birdwatching. Finally, Ann included some homemade baby food recipes. I'm looking forward to feeding Aaron garden bounty!

Kelli may be wondering where her box is. It got mailed yesterday, and should arrive in time for Christmas. I hope you enjoy the contents!

Take care all!
    -Stephanie

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Good evening All,
    Summer, you are sure welcome, you are a sweet girl and I certainly intend to keep in touch with you. If you decide to join Blooming Friends mention me as your "Big Sister" to Carol/Veeja I better get a chance to sponsor you before that Sassy girl, lol, ((((Hugs))))

Hi Debbie/Oklahoma!!!, your package is in the mail as of yesterday (Mon 12/18) will be back with the conf. #

Stephanie enjoy your first Christmas with baby Aaron! Wow if you are getting all the Christmas stuff done and getting a shower everyday with a newbie you are Superwoman...God Bless :)

O.k. its 11:41 at night and I have to quiz a teen on 19 chapters of "The Hobbit" for his final tomorrow so 'night y'all....

• wynative
    17 years ago

Suzanne ~ So glad the boys liked their gifts! I had great fun making them. Hehehe ~ Love that your DH is teasing you and making you wait. I have to hide Ken's until the last day or he peek's. Hoping you have enough snow to use the kit.

I got one for Meg hoping that we would have a white Christmas. We are expecting 1'+ in the next day or so but we are all sick. Ken and Meg have the flu and I have a nasty cold. If the wind doesn't blow it all to Nebraska, we plan to use it this weekend :)

Merry Christmas!
    Marie

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Marie, I know what you mean about the wind. Two Decembers ago I drove through southern WY and then NE in a "wind advisory". I've been in hurricanes but they come and then go away.....your wind just seemed to never let up.
    Certainly increased my admiration and respect for the pioneers who settled that area and also for those of you who still live there. What beautiful country but the wind is amazing.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Beth b

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Susan,
    Thank you for the wonderful package and card. You've been a great pal this and I appreciate everything you have sent me. I will especially enjoy your gifts in my garden for years to come.

Susan sent me a beautiful floral calender and cute note cards. The sweetest little stocking stuffed full of candy. Two pretty holiday hand towels. A cute Santa snowglobe. A gorgeous silver snowman candle holder with candles. A holiday decorated basket with ornaments in it: a santa, a snowman and a beautifully adorned silver ball. Plus more candy & chocolate covered pretzels.
    She also sent me 3 magazines and a crossword puzzle book. Those will be welcome treats in the days following Christmas, after I collapse in my easy chair when company goes home. :)

Thanks again Susan for being a wonderful pal to me this year. Merry Christmas to you & your family.

Jeanne,
    Thank you for being such a wonderful hostess this year. I've really enjoyed this swap this year.
    I decided not to join next year because I'm such a terrible pal. I do send my pal something on time everything month. I also make sure to thank my other pal here for the things she sends. However I'm terrible at email because I don't get on the computer much so my pals only hear from me here. Since that doesn't really do much for the friendship portion of the swap, I think it's better if I refrain next year.

• Boomer _Lady
    17 years ago

Karen,
    I'm glad you liked the early package. I'm really glad it got there early since the other package is taking it's own sweet time.

As you know I usually priority mail your packages. It's easiest for me because of the readily availble boxes. However this time I couldn't find a priority box that your gift would fit in. So I taped two together & then wrapped it in brown paper, intending to add the priority tape and stickers at the PO. Needless to say the PO is a madhouse this time of year. By the time I got to the counter, I forgot to ask for priority mail. I thought it couldn't take more than a couple of days, since priority gets there overnight. I was wrong. The thing has been in Dallas for days. I had no idea it would go to Dallas! Or that they would hold it.

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0000 9115 0520
    Detailed Results:
    Enroute, December 18, 2006, 7:46 am, DALLAS, TX 75398
    Acceptance, December 15, 2006, 1:15 pm, LAWTON, OK 73505

I hope you get if before Christmas! I hope it doesn't take a detour to Arkansas. LOL

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Debbie,
    I did get your wonderful package today. What a nice bunch of presents. When I got home from work today, there was an extra large package waiting for me. You really outdid yourself. Debbie sent me a gnome rain gauge (which may actually get some use since we are finally getting some rain now and then). I also received the cutest ice cream cone shaped hot chocolate. The cone part is the hot chocolate and the ice cream part is all marshmellows. Where in the world did you find it? And to complete the set was a beautifully decorated Christmas cup to drink it out of.
    And lastly, was the most wonderful round copper bird feeder. I JUST LOVE IT!!!!. I am especially fond of round bird houses and feeders, and copper is my favorite... so you found the perfect gift for me.

Thank you so much for being such a wonderful pal this year. You are the BEST. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Lovely New Year. Same goes to all the rest of you ladies out there.

Karen

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Ann,
    Your December package is on its way. Conf Number 0304 1560 0001 0943 0507. Merry Christmas

Karen

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Marie, Hope you all start feeling better soon.Oldest had sore throat on Monday, but is all better, no strep:). He does have retnal (sp) hemorage in is one eye from last weeks soccer game. So he now can not play his last game this Saturday. Should go away on its own with time. (fingers crossed) Has next appointment in four weeks.
    As for DH keeping me from opening my presents, darn right mean I say. LOL It will be nice however to actually have something under it to open. Provided don't peek first. :) Can't anyway DH is home, its his off week. Otherwise..........well I'd probably be like Ken.

No snow here, Colorado went and hogged it all. *pout.Is raining though,just hope it don't freeze tonight. Possible snow Friday, but only 10 percent of a chance to have it stick for a White Christmas.

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Actually, Stephanie, I was giving you a "pass" on the December box, I really didn't expect anything with you having a new baby and all. You certainly are turning into "Wonder Woman"!

Thanks to everyone who signed up for 2007. You should have an e-mail from me by now with your 2007 pal's information--if not, let me know. :-)

For those that won't be joining us, I'm sorry to hear it, and I hope you have a great year! We'll miss you in 2007!!

• atravers
    17 years ago

Karen,
    What a surprise! Another package from you. I love the snowflake window decals. I have sliding glass doors onto the side deck that they're perfrect for. The soil tester kit you sent will be just what I need to see how my raised beds are doing this spring. I've always wanted one of these kits. The holiday socks are great too. And the candy and magazine will come in handy over the next few days with a week of vacation. The snowman holiday candle is in the middle of the dining room table for the centerpiece for Christmas Eve and I'll be hanging out the bird seed bell tomorrow for a holiday bird treat. The sprout pin I'll wear this spring for sure but the Jasmine bath salt cube won't last past this evening.

Karen, you've been the best gardening pal all year and it's been such a pleasure meeting you during this swap. I will be sure to keep in touch. Thank you for all your wonderful gifts.

Jeanne, my thanks to you for doing such a fabulous job with this swap. You've been a great hostess.

Happy holidays to everyone!
    Ann

• RainbowLake
    17 years ago

Ann, I am glad that you liked the package. This one was your December package, the other a birthday one. I have enjoyed being your gardening pal also. I hope that you will send me updates on your garden and a copy of any essays you write.

Debbie, I have really enjoyed being your pal. The gifts you have sent have been exactly what I would have chosen for myself. Thank you so much for the thought and care you put into each package. Maybe we can visit each others gardens sometime since we live so close. I would love to hear all about your garden next summer also.

This has been a great group and a great year.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Wishing you all a blessed Holiday Season.

Karen

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Its snowing here!!!! Yippee, a chance for a White Christmas atleast. Earlier today the forecast sure didn't look like we were to get any. Further North yes. But, will take whatever can get, just for a White Christmas. Is very heavy snow though. Went out and did some shoveling, yep, just couldn't wait to get out in it. So beautiful, and big flakes.

Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Holiday.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

Wishing a Merry Christmas to all the wonderful gals and pals here at Garden Circle. Sorry I won't be in for next year but there is just too much going on for another long term commitment right now.
    Special thanks to Jeanne for being a terrific hostess and an extra good pal. I'm glad I saved the two packages to open later as one was cocoa and one was chocolate covered marshmallow reindeer. (reindeer just disappeared in a flash)
    Cocoa and cookies is the traditional Christmas Breakfast for my family so I'm sending you all a Chocolatty Toast; "Merry Christmas and many more"
    Hugs, BB

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    17 years ago

First of all, Merry Christmas to all and a big thank you to Kelli. In Kelli's Christmas package there were two things that were not wrapped so I enjoyed them right away and put the other things under the tree - opened them today and loved everything! Kelli sent the cutest Snowman's Garden sign, a Maxine Calendar (her sayings are so funny!), chocolate walnut fudge (yum!), brown sugar & fig shower gel (that sounds kind of "yum" as well...LOL), a lovely book called Country Living Seasons that has holiday ideas, garden information, and crafts (just my kind of book!), and a gift card from Lowe's (you can bet I will visit the garden center once it warms up...) I hope I didn't forget to list anything. There were so many packages - my family kept wondering how many more when I was opening them. Anyway, Kelli, you have been an absolutely fantastic pal all year. I don't even know how to express my thanks for all that you sent.
    Beth, you are welcome for the gifts I sent. We had a short year together, but it definitely was fun. (...and Jan, if you are still reading the Round Robins, it was fun sending to you as well.)
    I also want to thank everyone who participated in the Circle this year. So many of you remained for the whole year and were so wonderful in all that you did for your pal. We missed those who had to drop out, but certainly understand that things happen.
    Enjoy the remainder of the holiday season!
    Jeanne

• gardeningmomof3
    17 years ago

Wishing to say Thank You to Marie. Unwrapped two beautiful candle holders, kitchen towel and potholder, cards with envelopes(did you make these?)marker, wonderful smelling candle, dove pin, and my favorite was the polka cd. Hope I didn't forget anything. Still not enough snow for the boys to use the snowman kit. Their looking forward to it though:)

I too will not be in the next circle exchange. Just too much happening to comment for another full year. The circle was a great group to be in though. Maybe we can all keep in touch yet.

Have a wonderful New Year.

• abcgirltx
    17 years ago

I think I forget to say Happy Birthday to the birthday ladies this month, so a big belated Happy Birthday to all of you!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I was hoping for some snow, this transplanted Texan wanted a traditional white Christmas - but that was not to be in Chicagoland. It was beautiful nevertheless, and I feel so blessed this year. It's been fun being a part of this group, and special thanks to my pals Marie and Deb, and also to Jeanne, our wonderful host (and to my delight, my sending pal next year - thanks for the holiday card Jeanne!). And Marie, what a nice surprise to get your card and gift - a beautiful book on friendship. I'll think of you often, and I have absolutely not forgotten I owe you some herb plants. Since I didn't get them out earlier, I didn't want to ship during the coldest winter months, so I promise to send them in the spring.

Happy New Year y'all!

Alicia

• wynative
    17 years ago

Suzanne - so glad you liked everything & the CD. I was hoping you didn't have it.

Meg and Ken are over the flu but I have Pneumonia! I have been treating it since Friday and can almost breathe! We ended up with 26" of very heavy wet snow last week YIPPY! AND with the wind we finally got dug out Sunday, then it blew some more and I had to wait for the neighbor to plow me out to get to work. Suppose to get a bit more this Thurs/Friday and will send it your way Suzanne so that the boys can play outside LOL I hope that there will be just a 'breeze' until Saturday so that I don't have to worry about begging the neighbor for help, again :)

Beth ~ yes you are correct! In this part of the country the wind NEVER quit's blowing. When I say just a 'breeze' that is about 40 mph! If the summers weren't so great around here, I would move to the western part of the state.

On a sad note - our Rufus dog passed away on the 23rd. We all miss him but as the saying goes "ALL Dogs go to Heaven"...

• daisy_me
    17 years ago

Jeanne--I'm so glad you liked what I sent for Christmas. I had so much fun putting boxes together for you this year. You have been wonderful to chat with and I wish you all the best. Please continue to keep in touch with me (and I'll get better at keeping in touch myself!). :-)

Stephanie--Thank you very much for the December box! I wasn't expecting anything, with you being a new Mom and all, so I was pleasantly surprised! You've been a great pal this year, and I really enjoy your letters, please keep them coming. :-)

Stephanie sent me a suet holder and suet block to go in it, as well as a window mount hanger to hold it--I hung it immediately, I've been wanting one for a while now. She also sent me a brass windchime that will look great on my new deck.

Marie--I'm so sorry to hear about Rufus. Please know that you are in my thoughts.

And finally, this has been a great Circle of ladies to keep up on this year. I'll see some of you in the Circle again in 2007, and wish the rest of you much happiness in all that you do. Happy New Year!

• wynative
    17 years ago

Alicia ~ sorry I missed you post last week. Glad you liked the book ~ you sent such neat stuff all year I wanted to send a special thanks! Also thanks in advance for the herbs. Your right, now would not be the best time to send them... 4 feet of snow where they would be planted and the temps haven't been above 25 or so since before Christmas!

Have a great and prosperous New Year Everyone!
    Marie