Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
raggedyann161420

Petal Pusher's Nov./Dec. Family, Friends #2

raggedyann161420
15 years ago

I've made a new post because a new person is wanting to join our group and she is having a hard time getting on because she has dial up.

I will also make a different post for the Nov/Dec pictures. I know dial can be real slow.

I'm going to wait till next wed to post partners. Maybe someone else would like to participate since we are combining the two months together.

As of now these are the people that are participating.

Vic

Tracy

Sassyd

Margaret

Wendy

Fran

Mariann

Annie

If I've left anyone out please let me know. Now remember, the hat/gloves/ornament does not have to be mailed until around the 15th-18th of December so your partner will get the package before Christmas.

Thanks,

LIFE IS GOOD,

Annie

Comments (150)

• skohler
    15 years ago

Has anyone Here a special xmas stories or thanksgiving stories to tell ???
    I just love to Read about them :)

I'll start us off with one of my xmas stories .
    Hope it won't bore you .

The best xmas ever was the one that I had wished for my big brother to come home from Germany .
    He Had been gone on a 2yr duty & even though mom help me write to him it was not the same I missed how he would twirl me in the old car tire & make me dizzy , or that I could sit an talk his ear off while he puttered on his car ,with his rock -n-roll music :) He would take me down to the old dam to go swimming with all the other neighborhood kids .
    He taught me to do dishes so that mom would think he did them Corse I didn't know that at the time :)
    But sure enough i got up about 6am xmas morning came down stairs & there he was laying on the sofa I cried most the day with happy tears
    never will forget it :) stuck to him like a glue :)

He passed away in 04 from a well accendent with another young man he is missed .

Xmas isn't Xmas Without stories :)) So please share with us .

or how about a turkey miss happ:) like an X husband thowing your Turkey Out in the snowbank at 4 am in the morning thinking that the house was on fire :(
    & you had to server 80 some people that day :)

love to hear yours :)
    have a great day .
    susie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Susie, I enjoyed sharing in your memory of your brother coming home for Christmas from the military. I am feeling a little misty eyed picturing him twirling you around on your tire swing. Beautiful. I hope my kids have great memories of their siblings like that. Family is great.

No one has thrown out any of our turkeys as far as I can remember. Now that would have been a sight! LOL! The biggest mishap that I remember is from when I was around 12 years old. Our Aunt and Uncle were over with my 2 year old cousin for dinner. My Aunt was telling a great story while feeding my little cousin Matt. She kept talking and talking while shoveling one spoonful after the other into my poor little cousin's mouth. I kept watching the spoon go in his mouth and back to the plate again and again before he could even swallow. She was so busy telling her story she never noticed. Suddenly Matt's face went white, he leaned forward, the spoon hovering, ready for the next delivery of mashed potatoes and then Matt spewed his Thanksgiving dinner all over Mom's fine china! Aunt Shari looked shocked, Mom looked like she was going to spit, and I just sat there wondering how it hadn't happened sooner. :o)

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hope everyone is having a great weekend, I'm checking ebay for some stuff for Zack.
    Any of you know anything about the Leapster L-Max? I am wanting to get him one and was just looking for some feedback on it.

Tracy, congrats on the game! About time someone won other than Fran! LOL (don't tell her I said that : )

Pixie, so nice to hear from you! I miss you! How are things going?

Turkey's flying outside and kids spewing! LOL
    One memory I have of the holidays is from going over to my Grandparents house when Grandma was making her fruitcake, she NEVER drank Except when she made her fruitcake! It was the one and ONLY time I seen Grandma hammered! LOL It was rather hillarious!

Gotta go put cranky butt down for a nap!
    Vic

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hey girls, not to worry, I'm just fine. lol Just haven't been on the computer much lately.

Tracy I'm so glad the party went well, I knew it would. I'm like Vic, come cater for me M-F. Wow, would I be in heaven! Yummmmm (Btw, I think its considerate of us both to offer weekends off, hehehe!)

Mariann you know I love her work! Great that she has her website now. I do hope she'll be putting in a shopping cart, that will be alot easier for everyone to order more quickly. But I'm sure she knows that and is working on it.
    I wish her the best of luck:))

Pixie! Good to see you back, hope its for good:)

Funny stories! Keep then coming.

Fran, we always love you, don't stop guessing! (I'd be pretty sure you had it figured out to start with *wink*)

Sorry, don't have time to respond to everyone but thanks for posting.

Sassy

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

I love to hear all the stories. It brings tradition to the holidays. That is a great one, Susie, about your brother.

Annie, thanks for offering to trade with me but that is not necessary. I can wait until next month to join the fun! :)

Theresa

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Susie, Thank you so much for the wonderful box you sent to me and the kiddos! The box was stuff filled to the top with all sorts of lovely gifts.

For all you girls who are dying to know what she sent...
    A Crafters Cornucopia CD-Rom and Book
    An All I Want for Christmas piggy bank (so cute!)
    3 crocheted dish cloths (way too nice for dishes!)
    1 Plant Marker Paint Pen
    Bunches of Home made plant markers
    A Kid's Christmas Baking Book
    A Kid's Domino Set
    An Olive Green Glove and Scarf Set to be donated (so soft!)
    A Multi-colored scarf
    A Gift From a Jar Cookbook
    A Garden Flag with an Angel watering the garden
    Happy Food Group Notepad
    Victoria's Garden Real Flower Christmas Stickers
    Handmade Thanksgiving Stickers
    Dove Dark Chocolates
    Thanksgiving Card and Christmas Card
    A Note From Tracy note cards

The kids played Dominos till dinnertime. Emma has confiscated the kids Christmas Cookbook and even took her nap with it! LOL! There is a beautiful multi-colored scarf for me that is so warm and snuggly! I love it! The piggy bank is adorable. Emma wants it for her own. She loves piggies. I will get so much use out of the paint pen and plant markers! Thank you so much! Oh and the SEEDS! You sent so many amazing varieties!

Basil Ocimurm Basilicum Minimum
    Cilantro
    Arugula Rocket Salad Herb
    Basil Nufar Hybrid
    Salad Green Variegated
    Asperula Azurea Blue Surprise
    Indian Sage
    Thymus
    Chives
    Chocolate Daisy
    Tomato Seeds: White Currant, Pruden Purple Beefsteak, Green Zebra, Great White, Black from Tula Tomato
    Yugoslavian Finger Fruit Cucurbita Pepo

Thank you so much for everything, you made my day! I love it all and so do the kids. I had lots of help opening everything and was so glad for the list that you included with the Christmas card. I waited to read it until I opened all your pretty bundles. I will let you know as soon as I drop off the gloves and scarf with the homeless shelter. Thank You Again!!!!

Hugs!
    Tract

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I've been busy all week-end with BIL and family coming in for a surprise visit. He is doing fantastic, although his voice is different and sounds raspy. He said the radiation wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be, but having his tonsils out at 62 is quite an experience he does not ever want to repeat.

Tracy, such a great box from Susie, and I will get your calender out to you.

Susie, I got your e-mail about the iris and it sounds good to me. I will get back to you on that tomorrow or Wed.

Theresa, I will be looking forward to trading with you again in the future.

Fran, your chicken egg yolk separator will be going in the mail this week too.

I hope everyone else is having a good week and not working too hard rushing around for Turkey day. I will check back in tomorrow.

I'm tired,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Annie, that is wonderful that your BIL is doing so well. I know it is much harder on adults than children having tonsils out. I have a friend who had her's out in her 30's and it didn't go so well. She had some damage to her vocal chords somehow. Surgery was needed to repair the damage and then therapy to get her voice back. She is well now but it was hard for her to not be frustrated while recovering. I hope you had a wonderful visit!

Tracy (laughing at myself that I spelled my own name wrong in my last post! Duh!)

• skohler
    15 years ago

GM TO ALL
    Tracy
    So Happy all arrived safely
    The Bank Reminded of the " FAMILY BANK " My Mother had for us when I was young .

Each of us would donate to the bank there was 7 of us kids . so it was hard on mom & dad To Make us a great xmas . but at Thanksgiving Time After Dinner Mom would set us down at the Table & we counted what was in the bank & then she made a list of what we could buy as a family to use , If we did not want what was on the list .
    She would divide it up equal so that 2 days before xmas we could buy gifts for ourself or others but we always Had to bring them home & wrap them up & put them under the Tree Actually Santa Had to Put them under the tree when he brought the rest of our GIFTS :)
    Our Tree was always a Big surprise to us on xmas morning :) .

I Guess I Live my dreams from the pass more then what is the future to bring . The BANK IS The Xmas Ornament that can be used the year round :)

As for the crocheted dishcloths try them you will never go back to the old :) & If you ever need more just ask :)) they will out last all others :) Trust me I still have one I made for my mother when I was married over 15yrs ago little faded but still together :)) .

I Know ANNIE Said Keep it cheap & It was . All the Bookes I shared with you & The scarfs & BANK With Postage less then $20. :)) ONLY $19.99 :) Just kidding All that matters is sharing with Friends .

well i have some baking to do today so I wish you a very Happy ThanksGiving .

OH As for Not sending the whole bag of Dove's :( I Had forgot to Buy the chocolate cover cheeries that I like to send & Yep those DOVE"S were what was left in my stash
    of chocolate MINUS 1 :) HEHE
    will make it up to you one day .
    susie

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Susie, I have to say that your box is one of the most wonderful that I've ever received. You filled it with love and memories and your own handiwork. That is the most precious gift. I love how you are nostalgic for times gone by. I am a lot like that too. Every holiday I think of my Grandma that passed away when I was 5. She was a wonderful lady who loved style and glitz. She was a flapper back in the hay days before she met my Grandpa. She still wore her hair crimped in that flapper style, and always wore her sequin berret hat in the winter. You could look at her and see how beautiful she was when she was young. Even though she was in her early 70's she was young at heart and had a playful spirit. I miss her dearly for only knowing her such a short time. She was a great lady. You have a heart like hers. Living fully in the present and appreciating where you come from. Beautiful.

Tracy

• galium
    15 years ago

Tracy-My DD's Web Site was created by my niece, Carol's cousin. They are very close friends. If you are interested in something in particular email me. Carol is to busy with her kiosk to sell from her site yet.

I really need to try and stop in here more often. I'm missing out on everything. I've been so busy helping Carol that I hardly have time to log on to my computer.
    Hugs to everyone,
    Mariann

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

Hi everyone! Remember me? :P

Susie ~ I didn't get an email from you but if you mail Vic or Annie or Sassy, they should all have my email address and be able to get you thru to me :) Otherwise I'll try to mail you on Friday when I can get back on.

Margaret ~ I received your lovely Thanksgiving card yesterday, thankyou! I had no idea who it was from at first tho..LOL :P

Josh has been in and out of the hospital for TWO stays now.. and in between we moved.. I still do not have internet at home thru a mix-up w/ Comcast.. but supposedly I will have it by Friday. I am at my bros' home now so I could check in!

I've missed you all! I will better be able to join in once the internet is up and running but until then I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hugs,
    Wendy

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi everyone!

Wendy its so good to hear from you and I'm hoping Josh is doing better now. I've been alittle busy lately so I haven't had much time to post.

We're all going out to a resturant for Thanksgiving dinner. I've never done that before. Actually if feels really weird not cooking, but at least I don't have to worry about all of them leaving me with a mess to clean up, huh? I have always loved cooking for TG & Christmas events, but I'll give it a shot. I might like it. *wink*

Mariann, I really hope Carols business goes well for her. I know she's needs your help and appreciates it. Thats what we do. Hugs dear!

Tracy, I just don't know what to say about that box from Sue. Wow!

Annie your bus is awesome! I used to hate 'old' stuff but I love it more and more! I guess its the getting older thing. DH was digging a foundation a few days ago and found some very old bottles (names we had never heard of) and they were in pretty darn good condition, no cracks, etc. One was dated 1924, so its been interesting trying to read up on them. Just wanted to tell you, I'm sorry I somehow keep missing your calls:(( Its certainly not intentional hun.

Hello to Fran, Vic, Margaret, Theresa and anyone I missed and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends! I love all of you girls and appreciate you being part of our group!

Oh Tracy, btw, I don't know how the other girls feel, (except Fran, I did see a post from her) but as much as we'd like to have the cookbooks for Christmas gifts, its just not necessary and its fast upon us and I personally don't want you focusing on that. I'm just as happy to lets postpone this a bit and get back on it after the holidays. And personally, I'd rather spend my money right now on my family. There's a couple of people that I don't know that has ordered the cookbook, but for the most part, we know everyone in our group and I am SO NOT concerned about them ordering their cookbooks, if they don't want as many, thats their business. Ok, said my piece. lol I just don't want this to be a hardship on any of us. And like Fran (I think) said, I already know who I'm giving my cookbooks to and it doesn't have to be a Christmas gift and afterwards I may be able to buy more. Just a thought. You girls offer imput.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    15 years ago

Hi Wendy! I'm glsd to see you! I hate that Josh has been back in the hospital again. I hope things start getting better for him soon. I can only imagine how busy you've been! Hugs!

Sassy, I did see that you were up for delaying the cookbook coming out. I think it may be a good idea. I have been getting increasingly busy and am having a little trouble finding enough time to work on the cookbook. I feel guilty because some days there are not enough hours to do everything. I hate that feeling. If everyone doesn't mind then I will work on it at a little slower pace and we'll see where we end up with getting it finished.

Vic volunteered to proof read it for me, I know she is busy with her new job so it would be great if she didn't have to stress too much after I get it off to her. It will be nice to have her thoughts on space and placement of graphics between recipes.

I can't believe you are going out to a restaurant! I think that is fantastic for the clean up aspect! I hope you all enjoy yourselves and get stuffed! :o)

We are staying home and making a small dinner just for us. No rowdy relatives this year. Just hubby, the kids and me. It will be a little strange but hopefully very nice.

Gobble Gobble!
    Tracy

• skohler
    15 years ago

Gm to all
    sassyB : I sent you My Info through GW So It might have went into your Junk Mail as spam Maybe you can check that if not there then I will have Annie or Tracy send it for me.

I just buried My Momcat she passed away during the night
    but we knew from the vet that she might not live much longer . I adopted her after the neighbors had abanded her back in 1991 & she has lived a very cushiony life here with us .

Now its time to go start my pies but i just had to take a lunch break :) Hope everyone has a great turkey day .
    tomorrow & if your traveling please be careful .

SassyD Good to see ya have your feet on the ground :)
    ANITA: Now That You Have me here You can stop Hiding :)
    sure miss ya girl . Haven't chatted in along time .

susie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Susie, I'm so sorry about your momkitty, and I know you gave her a good life.

I know between breakfast and lunch is brunch, but what is between lunch and dinner? LOL Anyway, Hubby and I are having our Thanksgiving today. I fixed the normal, Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, scalloped corn, cranberry sauce, apple and pumpkin pie, coffee, and ice tea. Shelby and DeAnna can't make it in. DeAnna's mom and dad live about 50 miles north of them, and no, I'm not jealous at all, they are so good to Shelby.

Wendy, I hope Josh is feeling better and is back home by now.

Sassy, I'm sure your holiday out to eat will be a good one. I know We've done that before and really the meal was good. The only bad part is I love to eat leftover cold turkey, and you miss out on that when you go out. Unless of course you ask for a doggie bag.

Tracy, wow, what a fantastic box Susie sent you, but not a surprise, her boxes are always great. Hey, don't fret about the cookbook later is fine with me.

Vic, I bet you are looking forward to a long week-end like everyone else and thanks for proof reading for Tracy.

Mariann, I really like your daughter's website, and love candles. I will have to e-mail you for her price list.

Margaret, are your children at your house yet? I know you have really been looking forward to it.

Anita, thinking of you, stop in and say hi!

Janell, Theresa hope your holiday is a good one.

Time for turkey,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hon, nope I didn't forget you, hope your day is a good one too!

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Annie,
    hope your meal is a great one. Eat lots of leftovers! HEHE, I like to sneak back in an eat snippets of cold turkey too. I hope this year though I can actually make some turkey salad. I LOVE that stuff! We got the smallest turkey we could find and there are only going to be us 3 so no big deal. I will get the turkey in the over tonight, put my rice in a pan to go in in the morning and everything else will be fast!

HEY EVERYBODY!!! hope you eat LOTS of Turkey tomorrow, don't get over stuffed yourselves!

Sassy, enjoy your meal. It is fun to take it easy every once in a while.

:) Fran

• galium
    15 years ago

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Susie, I'm sorry about momkitty. I hope you find comfort in that the life she had with you was a good one.

Annie, between lunch and dinner? tea time? Actually for me, 4:00 is time for my first dinner which is followed later by the real dinner, lol.

Wendy, I'm sending prayers your way for Josh. My DS was in ER Monday with viral infection. This was the third illness for him in three weeks. First was strep and then a sinus infection and then this. During the beginning of this, he had a cast on his foot as well. I have aged ten years in the past month!

Sassy, Great Idea going OUT to eat but good luck to all who are cooking tomorrow. We go to my hubby's friend's parents' house as they have "adopted" us because we don't have family in the area. However, they eat around noon so I always fix us a second "dinner" which we enjoy at our normal meal time. That way we have leftovers too!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful for so many things including family and friends which includes all of you.

Theresa

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Lovely Ladies-Yes, my wonderful night with my great grandbabies was last night & what a blessing it was. Lots of pictures taken & will try to post some (if I learn how!) The house was a total wreck when they left but I wouldn't want it any other way. The Charlie Brown tree is decorated just like they left & will try to send a picture of it, too. Fixed Lasagna (Stouffer's), hot garlic bread, (bought some New York style) & bought a carmel apple pie from Perkins for dessert. I HAD to buy all of these so I wouldn't be too worn out when they came (that's the best excuse I could think of!). We will have Thanksgiving dinner at my son's house tomorrow so will get to hold & cuddle them all again. My granddaughter, her husband will be leaving for Memphis over the weekend so want to see the 2
    little girls every opportunity we have. My Granddaughter so so good to Blog & send pictures & that really helps.

Hugs to each of you have a most wonderful Thanksgiving & thanksliving season.

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I was suppose to leave for work later this afternoon, but I'm heading there now. I received word that a client passed away yesterday and I will check in when I can.

Did anyone go shopping this morning? NOT ME.

LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

No, I didn't get to go shopping either.

Annie, I am sorry you lost a client. I know how that feels. I was in home health and I was a floater. I got to meet a lot of great people and then after getting to sit with them for a week or two I would read in the paper a few months later they had passed. It was hard knowing someone who touched your life passed on shortly after getting to spend time with them.

My Turkey day was alright, I got a call from my oldest son and my Navy boy. But still haven't heard from my youngest.
    The good news is I cooked the bestest, moistest turkey EVER! I am so pleased I will be cooking it this way from now on!!!

I too hope everyone else had a great Turkey day!

:)Fran

• skohler
    15 years ago

Yes Had a great turkey day Here Just my Brother & His wife came over & it was so yummy .

also yes I went hunting for a few bargains with my friend judy :) & I put a few things on lay-away :)
    going again today it is a good day to go we have snow moving in by tomorrow :( . & rest of the week so by laying it away I can go in pay the cash & have it done :) only buying for very few this year .

well i have to get off here have a great weekend
    susie

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a safe holiday. I came home today because DH called yesterday and said he thought kitty "Pest" was dying. Friday night I worked 16 hours, Saturday night I worked 15, and last night I worked 10 so I said I needed to leave early, and someone else is taking my place tonight. I took Pest to the vet, she has pneumonia, he gave her a shot, some medicine and we came back home. She came and slept with me a while so I think the shot is kicking in.

We got snow last night along with drizzle and boy was it slick out! I hate driving and I really hate driving in the snow because I just know there is a ditch somewhere with my name on it.

Did I ever mention in my years of driving I've never had ticket but I can't tell you how many times I've been in a ditch,and when people tell me I need something with 4 wheel drive I tell them nope, don't really need one of those, been there did that, they don't help on ice and I've buried my 4X4 truck up to the axles in a snow bank. Yep I have!

I feel kinda bad, I didn't go to my clients funeral, but my baby was sick, my husband couldn't take her cause his truck was in the garage getting a new starter so I had to come home. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I will send a sympathy card tomorrow to her family.

Where is everyone? I will be back later to check.

I hope everyone is having a good day,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi girls, sorry to be slack. I haven't had the chance to get on much lately. And I have my sweet girl tonight, so this will be quick.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! I had good and naah. I'll have to say I missed cooking like I always do but didn't miss cleaning up the mess. And there again, that resturant food sure isn't mine! Anyway, it turned out to be a nice day and we even got food sent for supper!
    (from other family members going to a different place) That was really awesome cooking:))

Hope all of you are doing well, I'll try to read back on posts later, I've had terrible migranes lately so can't stand to read on puter much, sorry.

Annie, I did read about your client and I'm so sorry. I hope you're well sweetie:)

I really have to go,sorry.

Sassy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

I have internet finally!! :)

Susie ~ I got your address thanks to Annie :) Just wanted to let you know!

Will be back later today.. am making a day of unpacking all the boxes I've been avoiding from the move! :P

Hugs everyone!
    Wendy

• sassybutterfly_2008
    15 years ago

((hellloooooooooooooo)) *that's me hollerin'.... :P I know it's a busy month but... lol Where is everyone? :D

Just 'checkin' in'... Hope all's well w/ everyone!

Lotsa Hugs,
    Wendy

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Hey Ms. Wendy....did you get the avoided boxes unpacked yet? hehe

This one seems to be moving VERY slowly...so does my group.

I hope it is just the business of the month/holidays keeping everyone away.

Hey everybody how's it going. MERRY CHRISTMAS

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Hi everyone:)

Fran, I've been checking in daily but hardly any posts so I'm guilty of just going away. We should all stop that, we're all going to be very busy this month, thats the only reason I asked Tracy to hold off on the cookbook. She has family and things to deal with too. I just don't have it in my heart for this to be put upon her at this time when we need to be devoting it to our loved ones. I hope everyone understands, I had hoped to have more feedback. Its certainly not that we're avoiding it, we all want it, but she has family too, so I hope everyone understands. (Fran, lol, looking back, I don't want you to think this post was about you, I know YOU understand)

I apologize to everyone for not being around more:( I'll do better, I promise.

To all of you that haven't been on lately......we miss you and hope you'll be around soon. And to those I've missed I'm really sorry.

Sassy

Annie, you're quite...you must be working! Are you gonna get some free time off during Christmas?

Wendy, so glad to see you have internet back on and hope all goes well with the un-packing! Glad to see you back sweetie!

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

OMG...I NEED to TALK TO SOMEBODY...ANNIE...where are you...
    somebody CALL me.
    I have the most adorable thing I want to do for my ornament and I am busting wanting someone beside me and the SO to KNOW...lol

ANYBODY???

Heck email..you just CAN'T TELL her!!!

Yes, Sassy, I understand yeap, yeap!

Hey ya'll wish me luck I have to go sign up for classes tomrrow and the last 3 or 4 times I have tried to go back to school something happened and I couldn't.
    So wish me luck, say a prayer whatever it takes to GET me BACK there!

Hey all!!!

Yeah, I have been guilty of looking and not posting too BUT in MY defence I do that in my Bday group and I feel like an idoit cuz I AM the only one posting!

Anyway...somebody email/call me before I blow a gasket!

LOL

• skohler
    15 years ago

QUILTY ,QUILTY , I ALSO DROP IN DAILY & THEN JUST PASS ON BY WHEN KNOW ONE HAS POSTED.

Sorry many of you I do not know so not sure what to chat about .

This Is a Very hard & sad Time for My Father He is 95
    So I have been trying to brighten his xmas season .

Yesterday I took him out to get a new hearing aid to start out a new year being able to Hear But There is Nothing I can do about his eyesight .
    Today I want to start putting up A Few Decoration .
    yesterday I also Gave My father a hair cut :) While I had him out I went into wal-mart Bought some clippers $ came Home & Buzzed Him :)))

Let me Tell you as much as I was shaking about doing it
    He still has hair :) & He looks as if he went to a barber :))) except for the pierced ear :)
    I Trully Shocked Myself :) Maybe I can charge the $15.00 :)

Anyway No more Boring you all about my days I got to go get busy Have a great day everyone & If everyone
    that drops by to read Please Drop a NOTE & then maybe I can get to know you .

susie

• sassyd
    15 years ago

Fran, I'm so sorry sweetie. Kenzie was here and I didn't come back to the computer, but I'm on yahoo now and if thats not sufficient, call me. I sent you an email.

Sue, I'm sorry your dad is sad at this time of year but I know alittle about that. We buried my dad on the 15th of Dec. many years ago, but Dec. is always a hard month for me and I can't help it. I hope your dad can find a way to receive what he has been given and just treasure his loss, and enjoy his family. Its hard, been 26 years for me, but still feels the same. (Please don't get me wrong, I know its different between a husband/wife vs/ a parent. I'm sure he feels the same way.

I'm glad to know he has all of you:)

Ok Fran! I'm waiting! lol

Sassy

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HEY EVERYONE!

I'm alive, I've just been busy driving back and forth, taking "Pest" to the vets and getting up about every two hours to try and coax her into eating something. My vet gave her another shot today so maybe this will jump start her.

I know although this is the most festive time of year it can also be a sad time for others. I do have a couple of ornaments that I am going to give away in some games, and I will start playing again when I get home tomorrow. Speaking of games and prizes, I still have to send Fran and Tracy; shame on me for slacking again.

Susie, you take such good care of your Dad and Margaret and I know they appreciate all that you do for them.

Fran, I will e-mail you tomorrow, or give you a call. I hope I can be of some help to you.

Vic, Anita, Theresa, Wendy,Margaret,Janell, Mariann and everyone else, come in,take a break and tell us how your doing.

Sassy thanks for the call and I will get back to you in a few.

It is time to hit the road, and I hate driving at night.
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Hey girls!!

Well, I've been trying to go back and catch up on the threads but by the time I get done reading I don't have time to post! LOL

We had a good turkey day, went to Jamie's family, I sent Jamie out Thanksgiving day to go shopping, then I went at 5am Friday, it wasn't too bad here, not like what I've heard, but I stayed out of the main stores except for Toys R us and the walmart I went to was in a different city that is much smaller and wasn't too bad : ) Of course, I didn't need any electronics, that area was packed to the gills!

I still haven't gotten to read ALL the posts, but I did panic when Sassy said "thanks for proof reading the CB" I hadn't gotten anything to read yet and thought maybe I missed Tracy's email!

Yes, Tracy, I will do it, just let me know when, and NO, I do not need mine by Christmas so please don't worry about it : )
    That sure was a great box you got!

Susie, you sure did a great job on that! Sorry to hear about your kitty!

Wendy, so glad to see you online again, did you get my email? It was about the plants I was going to send, I was waiting to hear from you and was afraid to just send them, the raspberry bushes are your prize from the PP swap I hosted, I wanted to make sure you wanted them before I sent them. If you can still plant I will get them out this weekend, or I can hold them for next spring. Just let me know.
    Josh has been in my prayers, how is he doing?

Annie, I'm laughing at the thought of you in a big ol 4x4 stuck in a snow bank! LOL Sorry to hear about your client. How is your "pest" doing?

Sassy, did you enjoy Kenzie being over? Like I even have to ask! :)

Margaret, I bet you had a ball with your grandbabies too! Yes you need to learn how to post pics we would love to see them!

Fran, I was going to email you after I got off here, but it's taken me about 45 min to post this so far and I've got to get Zachery to bed. I'm dying to know what you are talking about!

Deb, how are you holding up? I'm sure you are just worn out by now, please take care of yourself.

Mariann, are you feeling better? I hope so. I hope things pick up for your daughter.

Theresa, sounds like you've had your share of stress lately too! I hope your son is better.

Pixie! Girl where did you go again? :) How are things going? I hope everything is good.

Lets hope December brings nothing but happy times and good memories, less stress and NO more illness!

Has anyone been thinking about a New Years Resolution yet? I have, same ones I have EVERY year! LOL
    Loose weight (really need to this year!) and quit smoking.
    And I've also added this year to not worry about the little things that drive me crazy AND to make the most of everyday : )
    Whats everyone else got in their heads???

Night All! Sweet dreams!
    Vic

WOW! I just seen how long this was in the preview! Guess I'm making up for not posting much! LOL

• galium
    15 years ago

I too have been guilty of not posting. I'm tired about posting that I have a really bad cold and now a sinus infection.

Fran-Good luck with signing up for your courses. What are you taking??? I always loved going to school and learning new things. I told my DH that if it were possible I'd be a perpetual student.

susie-Great job cutting your dad's hair! Hair dressers can be very costly these days.

The holidays really can be depressing. How can you not think about holidays and loved ones gone by. For me it was always the family traditions I missed. My DH and DD have a tradition all our own. It's called our Christmas morning Big Breakfast. It is the only time that we all sit down and stuff ourselves with breakfast foods. Since Carol got married we now have our SIL eating with us!

Annie-Sounds like you have your hands full with your kitty 'Pest'. Is Pest her real name? Hope she perks up soon.

Vic-You're like me! I finish reading all the posts and then I'm to worn out to write anything. That's because I know I'll have to keep looking back to see what everyone wrote.

My DD's store (kiosk) is still slow. She is making most of her money with custom made stained glass pieces. It's amazing what people are ordering. She made 2 incredible Ladybugs for someone. She's starting to put out some of her lamps now that it's getting closer to Christmas. It's been very difficult manning the store. Both my DH and I have been sick for a week. He dragged himself into the mall 2 days this week and I went in on Tuesday.

We've done no decorating or even put our tree up. That will probably happen Christmas Eve.LOL

• skohler
    15 years ago

GM we have about 5 in of new snow:) It is so so Pretty

My Kids (DUCKS) Are Huddled up under the privillian well under the table :) I put up a nice enclosed cover for them & they will go in & eat but not to stay :)

ANNIE I Hope Pest Gets better.

VIC : GOOD LUCK With the NY Resolution NEighter Is any to easy to do JUST ASK ME :)
    I Quick Smoking back in 1999 & weighed 118 LBs Now Since I moved down Here to take care of dad & its been 9 yrs In OCT & I NOW weigh !%? LBS & Still CRAVE For a cig When I get into a room of smokers .

But I know .
    If ever picked up that 1st cig I will once again go back to my 118 lbs . But The thought of My Body going south without me :) is just more then i can handle :)

I really need to Lose a few LBS maybe we can start a daily diet thread for us & share our goals & our progress :)
    since our snow days I have been making to trips to the mail box a day (WALKING) Before I would ride my Lawn Tractor. the Snow is harder to walk in :) I'll post a picture later .

well right now I need to go change over the washer :)
    Best of The Holidays to all .

susie

• Theresa24 (NeFL9a)
    15 years ago

Susie.....great idea about the diet thread. Support is so important. I've lost 25 pounds since last spring but Christmas will surely do me in. Stress has helped to keep it off lately.

I finally got my son's MRI results back and they are normal thank God. I been so stressed in the last month worrying about his headaches....was even having panic attacks over it. We can finally chalk them up to migraines and get on with our lives. They have actually become less frequent. All the illness he had last month was probably contributing.

Anyway, we just booked flights to Michigan for the holidays. The boys are really hoping to play in some snow. We brought the Florida weather with us last time we were up in winter :(

Yes, let's pray for a wonderful December for all with no illness and sorrow.

Theresa

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Just wanted to stop in an say HI, to everyone.

Hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I have read the posts and am guilty already of a shallow mind as I will have to go back and re read. BUTTTT... As of this post it looks like everyone is ok and getting geared up for Christmas.

Susie, Welcome! Havent been able to tell you that before now. I totally can relate to how your dad and Sassy feels, like Sassy, mine is not from losing a spouse nor is it like losing a parent. Christmas Day is very hard for me/my family as that is the day we lost Cole Matthew.

THIS YEAR though we (well me at least, can't speak for the guys) realize that Cole doesn't want us to be sad. We are gearing up for Christmas. I am very excited about decorating but have been painting and cleaning and re-arranging and of course listening to CHRISTMAS CAROLS.

SPECIAL LIL PRIZE IF ANYONE CAN GUESS MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS CAROL!!!! ONE GUESS ONLY AND I WILL SAY ITS A GOOD ONE.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

HEY Pixie girl, I am so thrilled to see you posting and glad you realized he wouldn't want you to be miseriable on Christmas.
    It is a tragedy and a really horrible thing, but I know you know he looks down on you and hopes you can begin to live again with the joy this time of year has to offer.
    Welcome back, you have been missed. I truly hope you can and do conquer Christmas! And your family as well.
    I love you girly, girl!

• pixiesluvplants
    15 years ago

SPECIAL LIL PRIZE IF ANYONE CAN GUESS MY FAVORITE CHRISTMAS CAROL!!!! ONE GUESS ONLY AND I WILL SAY ITS A GOOD ONE.

Smiles,
    Pixie

PS... :) thanks Frannie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Ok, since I and you are the only one up I will give one guess:
    Winter Wonderland

:)Fran

• galium
    15 years ago

Vic-I hear you about the quitting smoking. It's almost embarrassing to say that I have that nasty habit too. I have tried so many times to quit. The last time I tried it only lasted 5 days. I haven't given up though. Fran and I are diet buddies. We've been dieting and chatting about issues that make it difficult to keep our goals. I have to say that it's been great to have a buddy!

Pixie-My thoughts have been with you during this holiday season. I'm going to guess 'Oh Holy Night' only because it's my favorite.

My DH is working at my DD's kiosk this morning so I have to go to recycling by myself. It's a good thing they have a bunch of kids to unload my car. Tomorrow we are driving down to my Stepmothers to pick up some of my dad's books. I guess it's been hard for her to pack up his things because he passed away 2 years ago. My dad was so funny when he told me how much he enjoyed the first Harry Potter book. I love fantasy but was never able to get into that particular series. I loaned him my copy of 'Jurassic Park' and he really enjoyed it.

I'm slowly creeping into the holiday spirit. Still need to finish my cards, shopping, baking and sewing. I look at that list and I start to panic.LOL
    Have a great day everyone,
    Mariann

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good Morning!

Pixie, so glad to see you posting. I have to say "Little Drummer Boy". Am I right?

I got home yesterday to find Pest feeling much better, I'm glad the vet suggested another shot, and I didn't have to get up every two hours to try and coax her to eat. Yes, "Pest" is her real name, she came to us as a stray in the spring about 6 years ago. She was in good health, and oh my would be under foot every time I went outside.You could tell she had never been abused as she would come right to me, my husband and anyone that would give her love. She isn't the prettiest cat,she is my constant companion when I'm home, and she loves me to pieces, and I must admit she is my favorite. My cats are no longer allowed outside unless of course they are good at sneaking out sometimes. Ever since someone shot Lemeau and they had to amputate the leg to the shoulder no one gets to go out.

Vic, I guit smoking in 1991, glad I did, and like everyone else I've been trying to lose weight.

Mariann, I will be getting your package out to you Tues or Wed of next week, and I hope you like what I've selected for you.

Fran, speaking of classes what are you taking? Your egg separator will go out to you too.

Theresa, wow,going from the sunny Florida to see some snow, be sure to pack some long underwear. I'm happy to hear your son's MRI came back normal, and I hope they find something that will help him with the migraines.

Susie, your babies doing ok with all the snow that you have and I saw on the new this morning some more of the white stuff is heading your way.

Tracy your calender will be in the mail also, and are you getting enough help putting up the tree?

Anita, Janell, Debba, Wendy, Sassy and everyone else, I hope things are going well for you guys. Come in and visit me/us while I'm off this week. I will be playing a game as soon as someone guess Pixie's favorite carol.

It is great to be home,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• skohler
    15 years ago

PIXIE Fav SONG (HAPPY HOLIDAYS)

THERESA: LOTTSA SNOW More on the way 6-9 More inches today yet I'll Have some HOT COCOA Ready for ya :)
    How long will your Visit be ? if your over on theeast side of the state you might not have as much snow so call me I'll come get ya :) I'm Just between Battle Creek & Grand Rapids :) Nice Hill for sledding :)

ANNIE : The Ducks are loving the weather Mac Still loves to come into the house have his treats then back out he goes OH His Treat Is Getting into the cat food .
    MOMCAT IS Gone But I Still have Goldie Another Neighbors cat who stays here 24/7 .

well blame annie for me holding this up :) HEhe we were
    chatting I have to go get my cookies in the oven & put on lunch chat soon . :)

susie

• margaret_2007
    15 years ago

Hi, Lovely ladies--I must admit I am guilty of just reading the posts & not posting. Will try to do better. Maybe I can make that one of my New Years resolutions. I do have a list of goals for the new year that I try to keep every year. One emotional, physical, mental & spiritual. Also a Bible verse that I believe I need to memorize. I try to keep them in mind but so many times I fail. Maybe we can share some of them in the New Year!

Wendy-I am getting your box ready today & will mail Monday. Sure hope things are going better for you, that your guy is better & will continue in good health. Nothing touches a mothers heart like a sick child, does it? How about all those boxes being unpacked. That is a chore & moving can be so stressful.

Pixie--I read your GW page & love the quote you have on it. I am so thankful you are back to gardening & all. I know Cole Matthew wants you to enjoy this season & pray others who are grieving realize that also. Bless you, dear one for keeping the faith.

Vic--I do so enjoy reading your posts & wondering how Zack is doing. Please put his picture in the cookbook coming out. It is just darling. The night with great-grandbabies was wonderful. I am hoping to post some pictures if I ever learn how! I ordered a new camera for my Christmas present but have some that my Grand daughters took of them & will get their help, I hope to post.

Susie--What a brave soul you are. I would never try to cut anyone's hair as I know I would get sued by them. Love the pictures of your ducks!

Theresa--So glad the MRI's were ok & pray you all have a wonderful time going north. No more stress now for a while, at least. Seems there are always these bumps in the road (sometimes they are boulders we must endure as mentioned by us all here)

Galium-Hope you are feeling better & that your daughter's business is going better. I looked at the pictures you posted & they are beautiful. Do you have talent as she does? Isn't it great to have those family traditions that we establish? Enjoy that great breakfast!

Fran--I would like to know what classes you are signing up for, too. There are several I would like to take, mostly like learning to use my new camera, Italian cooking & other fun things.

Annie--So good to read your posts. You seem to lead a very interesting life with all that goes on. I am sorry about your client, too. We do get attached to those we come to know. Just like this group. Seems one of you are always coming to my mind & heart.

If I have missed anyone, please forgive me. If I posted oftener I wouldn't do that & my posts wouldn't be this long, either. Have a wonderful weekend & slow down, all & enjoy this wonderful season. Blessings, Margaret

• raggedyann161420
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey, it is weather check in time. So how is it in your neck of the woods? Here it is a chilly 27 degrees with winds 15-25 mph. and will drop down to 9 degrees tonight. It snowed a bit earlier this morning but nothing this afternoon.

Time to give Pest some medicine,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    Annie

• ncgardengirl
    15 years ago

Annie, I am not sure HOW cold it actually is here at the moment I just know I am freezing and have been most of the day.

Mariann and Margaret I am not sure at the moment which classes I will manage to get into. I have been trying to get into the Nursing program since forever and have met all the requirements classwise HOWEVER, the process they use to choose their students for the limited spots is very unfair and I may never get into it.
    SOOO, now I have to decide if I want to still try to major in that, Criminal Jusitce which I tried and was bored to tears in those classes NOT something I am truly interested in or if I will change it back to something I had started to major in: Physicology, which is more where I am leaning.
    IF I chose to keep Nursing as my major I will end up transferring to the local college in Boiling Springs, I will also have to finish my Physicology there as well.
    Humm, that didn't really anwser the Fran what are you taking question did it? I am taking the required classes to earn a degree in one of these fields and until Jan sign-ups I will not know exactly which classes these will be until I go sign up :)!
    I already have 74 or 78 credit hours but no course work for a degreed program.

Hummm, I wonder where Miss Pixie girl is?
    I suppose she will check in tonight.

later all, have a great evening!

• Vic Billings, MT
    15 years ago

Pixie, I'm gonna say Rudolph the red nose reindeer!
    I'm glad you realize Cole would want you to be happy, I have thought of you a lot lately with Christmas coming closer.

Margaret, you are wondering how Zack is doing? Would you like me to box him up and send him to you? LOL
    He seems to have hit the tantrum stage, I never thought I would see it outta him, he was always so sweet and good and then overnight BAMM! He has started having these horrible meltdowns, it's been very hard to deal with. I think a lot of it has to do with me going back to work, I've done some reading on it and everything says it's "normal", well if it is, I want to go back to him being abnormal! It took me 2 hours to get him down for a nap because he didn't want to take one and he just would not give in, but I wasn't going to either! I don't want him to think for even a moment if he cries enough he gets what he wants! But, that would be sooooo much easier! LOL

Theresa, so glad to hear the MRI was normal! I had migraines when I was younger, they were horrible. I don't have them anymore, I just have tension HA's now. I do feel for those suffering from migraines though.

Annie, how long are you off for? So nice to see you around, I'm going to try and be on later tonight, dare I say, maybe a chat session? I'm afraid to mention it, seems everytime someone says anything about "chat room" everyone gets busy! LOL

Where is that Tracy?! I sure hope she is not spending all her time in the CB trying to get it out for Christmas!

Gotta go check the BB bash thread, eeek, I am late sending my box to the Birthday girl (Deb) I hope she forgives me: )

Vic