Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
godsgarden9

NEW: New Years Swap 2014

godsgarden9
10 years ago

Welcome to the 2014 New Years-Everything Goes Fresh Seed Swap Details for Swap

1) Everyone is welcome to participate if you have 5 packets to send in or if you have 300 packets to send in you are all welcome to participate, its a lot of fun.

2) You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until February 1. If you still need a little more time, this is fine.

3) Please send a return mailing label and enough postage to return your new fresh seeds back to you or if you want to just insert a new envelope with postage this is fine.

4) Seed packet amounts, these are minimal guidelines, you can put as many seeds in a packet as you would like, if the seeds are tiny, 100+ seeds, small 50+, Medium 25+, Large 10+. Please make a list of what you send in, this will assist me so you will receive all different ones in return.

5) You will receive at least as many packets of seed that you send in unless, you have plenty and want to donate some to newbies.

6) I will try to reward those that send in rarer, exotic, and named varieties when possible, Please send no more than 10 of the same variety.

7) Please email me with your address to godsgarden9@yahoo.com, if you post on garden web and it doesn't leave your email address.

8) This is to be fun, and you should receive a lot of new varieties that you don't have, and it is mostly dependent on you , if you send lots of the more common varieties you will get similar in return.. So sign up today, and enjoy with all the fun, sharing and enjoying seeds from all over the country.

9) You can list your preferences, flowers, vegetables, mixed, or such, thanks

1. If for any reason, you do not hear back from me within a weeks time, just send me a email to my email address godsgarden9@yahoo.com.

Mail to 1012 Monroe Street Gretna, LA. 70053 ************************

Comments (83)

• cryptid
    10 years ago

My seeds are now officially in the mail as well! :)

• fresc1000
    10 years ago

Sign me up, please! I have never done a swap before. I am emailing you too, because I am not sure if my email shows up when I post.
    Thanks!

• tomsrosebud
    10 years ago

I am a newbie here. Is it OK for me to sign up? If its too late, I understand. Please let me know. I have a lot of seeds to share. I have never done a swap like this one before.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Bump...!

• tomsrosebud
    10 years ago

Nevermind

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Bump!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    10 years ago

I mailed my seeds off today...

Lisa

• aunt_bess
    10 years ago

Have sent seeds but am not clear as to when to expect the return envelope. Anyone participate in this before and know how it works? Anyone received seeds back yet?

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Aunt_bess, Our Host, Willy, posted: " You have plenty of time to gather seeds and send them in, they are not due in until February 1. If you still need a little more time, this is fine. " So, I am guessing that participants will stop mailing in seeds during the first week of February and Willy will send back our seeds the third week of Feb. He usually gives us an update when he starts this mammoth task.

This post was edited by jensyen on Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 20:04

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

Sent my seeds off today! They are so happy to leave this snow and onto warm weather!

=]

• fresc1000
    10 years ago

My seeds are on their way to you!

• KentuckyMom
    10 years ago

I packaged mine up today and plan on sending them out on Monday.

• becki25msmolly
    10 years ago

I would love to join un. sending email Thanks, Becki

• Ruby_Dog
    10 years ago

Mailed my seeds today--wish I was headed south with them!

• clay_lady
    10 years ago

My seeds went in the mail today. thanks clay_lady

• mcc371
    10 years ago

Hi
    My seeds went in the mail today. Thanks!

Tammy/ mc371

• grdngramma
    10 years ago

My seeds were mailed Monday, thanks again.

• KentuckyMom
    10 years ago

I mailed my seeds out on Monday! I am very excited to see what returns! Thoughts of growing things is what is getting me through this cold winter!

• missyga64
    10 years ago

USPS tracking says my envelope will arrive tomrrow the 1st, but we know that really means monday. sorry for the delay. . . snow and Ice kinda threw us Georgians for a loop this week.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

God bless all of you being hit by super-bad weather,...frozen or drought. Just sent prayers up for you all! In the future, if you haven't already, please do consider the creation of "BugOut" bags/backpacks and all-weather emergency kits for your family vehicles.

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Cryptid,

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. . . .

Just so happens we are well prepared for all emergencies. . .

3 of my 4 kids are army and of those 3, 2 are preppers for the Zombie Apocalypse and they made sure we have "go bags" in the cars and weather emer kits in the garage.

Everyone should have them, no matter where they live. . .

Folks laugh when they see the kits in my car or garage. We usually hear " why do you have those, you live in Georgia, nothing happens in Georgia".

My favorite quote " better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it "

• cghpnd
    10 years ago

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers cryptid.
    I do appreciate that!
    This weather is so getting on my nerves. Driving to the dump this morning it was very icy out.. Even my truck is mad =/

My father had us doing this doomsday prepping thing back in Baltimore when we were younger. Part of the old Tunnels from the Railroad went through our neighborhood so we had so much stuff down there.
    Of course the mutant rats got it all but hey, he tried LOL.

Having bug out bags are the best thing ever. Its only 3 of us here,my kids are under 9. And their bags are not full of toys and games. =]
    They too consider it a zombie apocalypse! How funny.

I am considered the crazy mom in my current neighborhood MissyGA, dont feel bad I get laughed at!
    I have different varieties of seeds in each bag too. Just in case. I have to have milkweed no matter where I end up LOL

Does anyone else have seeds in their stash?

Best to be prepared than to be left with nothing!

• KentuckyMom
    10 years ago

So, out of curiousity, has anyone heard from godsgarden? I have e-mailed several times and have received no answer. Has anyone else been given any indication that their seeds were received or when seeds would be sent back out?

• risingcreek
    10 years ago

my understanding is seeds would be mailed out after the 14th.

• fresc1000
    10 years ago

I emailed a good while ago and got no answer either. With all this terrible weather hopefully he is alright.

• beth_b_kodiak
    10 years ago

Willie has been doing these swaps for several years and has always done a great job. I'm not in this one because I was in several others at about the same time.
    Willie keeps very busy so I never worry about not hearing from him.
    Hope this helps

• KentuckyMom
    10 years ago

Thank you for the replies. I noticed in past swaps there seemed to be at least some communication from Willy, so was concerned.... It took me awhile to put together one packet of seeds, so I have no doubt that putting together multiple packages would take a significant amount of time.

• roper2008
    10 years ago

I've been in two of his swaps. He doesn't communicate much
    but he does always send you seeds back. I kind of forget about
    it and then surprise seeds in the mail. F.Y.I. next time your in
    a swap you can always put a tracking number on it at post
    office. Doesn't cost much.

• KentuckyMom
    10 years ago

The tracking number is a good idea. Thanks. Of course, if I wasn' t so anxious for planting/ spring time it wouldn' t be an issue...

• godsgarden9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, This is Willy your host, I going through all the packages and hopefully by the end of next week I will be able to send the packages back to you, thank you for your participation and have a great growing season.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

Hiya, Willy,...however you run your swaps is totally fine with me. No complaints, here, good sir. You always do a super job, particularly considering the magnitude of what you must deal with. Certainly in this respect, "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!" :)

• socalgardengal
    10 years ago

Received my package today! Thank you Willy and everyone who shared! Happy planting everyone :)

• missyga64
    10 years ago

Holy Cow-a-bunga. . . . received my package today. . . sorting and researching for hours. . . can't wait to get started.

Thanks Willy for all your hard work, and to everyone who contributed.

Happy Spring to everyone,

Missy

• em247
    10 years ago

Received my package today in the mail. Thank you Willy for doing such a good job and thank you to everyone who participated. I'm really happy with the new seeds that I have to research and plant and I can't believe how well packaged everything was. I didn't have a single wasted seed in the bottom of my envelope. Amazing. : )

• dem_pa
    10 years ago

I received my package of seeds today. Thanks to Willy for being a great host and thanks to all who shared their seeds with me.

Have a great day.

• roper2008
    10 years ago

Received mine today too Willie. Thank you, lots of
    good seeds in it.

• Ruby_Dog
    10 years ago

Seeds arrived today! Thanks so much to Willy for the hard work of hosting and sorting, and to everyone who sent in great seeds.

Can't wait to get some of these started indoors. Happy gardening to all,

Betsy

• gcritters
    10 years ago

I received all of the wonderful seeds. Thanks Willy appreciate them very much. I already started a few up in my greenhouse. I can't believe all of the wonderful seeds I received...I think it would be cool...if we post a picture or two later...of our flowers that grew..Happy Spring everyone..

• beverlysc
    10 years ago

Seeds came yesterday. Found some really neat ones that had been on my want list for the last couple years. Thanks to everybody who sent in great seeds and thanks to Willy for hosting this.

• jensyen ( z7 MD )
    10 years ago

Received my seeds today. Thanks everyone for sharing and Willy for hosting.

• cryptid
    10 years ago

My ultra-fab package of seeds arrived a couple days ago. Sorry I haven't posted till now, but, well,...again, we're dealing with various familial/medical issues that are kind of distracting at times. Anyway,...thanks uber muchly, Willy, and everyone else for another absolutely delightful seed swap! Such a wonderful variety of generously contributed seeds! I promise I will post glowing "Rate & Review Exchanges" ratings for whoever I can;...just not this evening. I have a dang dirty cold (taking Zicam, though) and it's late, and I'm tired. - "Willy, thanks again! You're aces, bud!" :)

• KentuckyMom
    10 years ago

Wow! I got my seed package today! It was definitely worth the wait! My kids are enjoying the idea of planting some veggies that we haven't grown before! Thank you to all who contributed and to Willy for all of his work organizing and sending out!

• aunt_bess
    10 years ago

Package received and appreciated! A labor of the love of plants, I would say. Thank you.

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    10 years ago

Received my package and thanks Willy for hosting and everyone for contributing.

• beautifulreddahlias
    10 years ago

Still haven't gotten my package yet, hopefully it's in the mail today. I'm so excited!!!!

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

Still no package here, hopefully by the weekend =)

Jayeanne

• beautifulreddahlias
    10 years ago

Still no package:( Anyone else still waiting? The postal service must be having issues. I thought it would have been here by now

• pinkiris
    10 years ago

THANK YOU WILLY! Rec'd a fabulous package in today's mail, this was definitely worth the wait ;) Many thanks!

This post was edited by pinkiris on Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 17:23

• beautifulreddahlias
    9 years ago

I still haven't received my package yet. I'm going to guess it got lost in the mail. I'll try again next year!

• cghpnd
    9 years ago

I have not received my package yet either.. I have emailed him several times, I hope my emails are not going to his spam folder.. = /