Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

UPDATE: Traveling Daylilies (Pictures 6)

brittneysgran
16 years ago

Can't believe we are on our 6th picture thread.

Shirley

Comments (27)

• mareas
    16 years ago

And I can't believe nobody's posted on it yet!
    I thought y'all might like to meet my dear friend Chuck:

{{gwi:2104612}}

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

My kids making a mess with their pumpkins :)

{{gwi:2104613}}

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Such adorable kiddies and kitty!

Chuck is so very handsome and looks as soft as can be. Give him a big hug from me. I sure do miss my kitty.

And Paul, they look like they are having a blast! That is one happy pumpkin! Beautiful family, beautiful picture.

Thanks for sharing, friends. : )

~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Ohh, Chuck looks kinda like my Mini,
    Paul, I see no mess, I see 3 very happy & talented childern:)
    Sorry I have not posted to this thread in a long time:( It takes 4-EVER to upload my pic's, I still have lots more to do, but here are some:)

Bird Feeders 2006
    {{gwi:2104614}}
    Bird(Bear)Feeders 7-4-07 ALL Flowers now gone, thanks to this BUTTHEAD!
    {{gwi:2104615}}
    Toad Lilies, Have 3, but can't find the pic of the 3rd one. 2007
    {{gwi:2104616}}
    A Few Brugs & My 2 Sweet Autumn Clematis DH is having a fit about! 2007
    {{gwi:2104617}}
    {{gwi:2104618}}
    {{gwi:2104619}}
    Calla Lilies 2007
    {{gwi:2104620}}
    Begonias 2007
    {{gwi:2104621}}
    {{gwi:65857}}
    2007 Daylily Blooms.
    {{gwi:2104622}}
    {{gwi:2104623}}
    {{gwi:2104624}}
    {{gwi:2104625}}
    Did you really think I was not going to post my BEST BLOOM:) OK{{gwi:2104626}}
    Have a great day all..:)Anita

• mareas
    16 years ago

Friends indeed!

Wow...

NO wonder you don't post often, Paul. Such gorgeous happy children! Thank you for sharing that delightful moment.

Anita...brava ~ great photos & montages! A Brug MAANsia forest! ((lol)) I'm so happy I finally enjoyed my flushes of flowers before I saw THAT! And what magnificent David montage ~ thanks so much for sharing too.

Now I am focusing on my Winter gardening ~ the eye candy heucheras and succulents. Hope to find time to putter around pot them up together as displays soon. Here's graptopetalum in the morning mist (another nod to Anita & scowl at the bear)

And here is my Echerveria doorstop ~

I fell in love with 'Frosted Violet' heauchera at a local nursery, Garland, the other day on a bone meal shopping trip, but until I can dazzle you with that one, here is a snapshot of Mocha & Caramel to leave you with.

• dirtpig
    16 years ago

Well look what flowered for me.Hehe In the house no less.
    Stink really bad too.And yes those are
    more flower buds.Family is threatening to
    pick those off,and ya know I just might let them.
    Just can't believe how bad it smells.

{{gwi:2104630}}

Hugs Jean/Dirtpig

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Look at the picture and read the list of things that Roxy sent in my Thanksgiving swap box.

Here's the list of the items you see in the picture below:

Magazines; Birds and Blooms and Garden Gate
    Pilgrim Candle Sticks
    Scented Corn Candles
    Cup that Says "Old Gardeners never die, they just throw in the trowel" Plus some yummy Butterscotch and Choc.cocoa mix
    Neutrogena Shower and Bath Gel
    Friends Card with a very special message for me
    Ghirardelli Squares of Milk Choc. and caramel filing
    Messenger-A plant food, growth and defense feeding packets
    Gingerbread Shower Mitt and Shower Gel
    Pink Diamond Bulb to force this winter
    Neutrogena hand cream
    Pumpkin Pie Candles
    Harvest Napkins
    A Ten things to always remember magnet
    A promisory note for a fan of String Theory which is a 2006 Trimmer-tet-38"-9"-EM-Re-Ev....Absolutely love it!!!
    And most special of all was the gift she made just for me that included an angel charm.

Thanks Roxy...I loved everything. What a generous trader you are.

Debbie/Budsnblooms

Here is a link that might be useful:

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Debbie-What a nice box and love that Spider String Theory....I couldn't see your picture just photobuckets page.

Jean-It sure is pretty and different even if it smells bad.

Anita-What gorgeous blooms...your local paper should have you on the front page in an article or better yet you should send to birds and blooms magazine and let them do a feature article. Beautiful

Shirley

• mareas
    16 years ago

Shirley, I agree with you about Anita's park!

Congratulations on that gorgeous stapelia, Jean!! It seems like growing that is a real art & science. I will just enjoy yours from this distance I think, lol!

And congrats to you, Debbie, on that big score of a box! Rox rocks, see?

Mary, here is a thumbnail of that tall mid-season peach daylily that I hope you can ID:
    marea

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Trying to repost Roxy's box to me:

{{gwi:2104632}}

See why I said it was such a great box?:0)Debbie

• cheerpeople
    16 years ago

Paul, Jean, and Anita,and Marea, Love the pics!
    Anita those are clematis trees!

Karen/cheerpeople

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Debbie,
    Glad you reposted, I was thinking I was having a bad day? Could not see anything but a bunch of butt heads, thanks.

Shirley,
    WAY to many weeds, People that don't know the difference are in awe, as I am disgusted cuz the weeds win the war every year:(

Karen,
    That's why DH is having a fit, they are climbing the Emerald Green Arboraties(sp)

Have a great day all..:)Anita

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WE had tons of fun in Pigeon Forge, Tn
    DH and I in front of cabin

My Sister and I

This one is dark...but Me and DH in front of Christmas Tree

Dawson's Cousin and of course Dawson

This cabin had 7 bedrooms and slept 18 people.

Shirley

• veeja11
    16 years ago

what !!! no Talon fix !!!! Dawn you said it was here.
    here is grandaughter and great grandaughter due in March

hugs carol

• mamabirrd
    16 years ago

Wow! Beautiful pictures!

Shirley, looks like you had a great time in such a beautiful cabin! Did you bring your own tree? Dawson & cousin are precious! Such handsome little boys! What is the age difference?

Carol...sorry! I didn't have enough time yesterday. Your granddaughter looks beautiful! I'll bet you're getting so excited to meet your new great granddaughter!

Okay, here's your Talon fix, lol!

He is about 6 mos. - 6 1/2 mos. in all the pics.

Sitting unassisted...

Getting ready to eat with a spoon for the 1st time...

Breastmilk on a spoon!

We haven't started him on solids yet. We are going to feed him homemade baby food and will start with banana this week!!

Put 'em up!

Go Steelers!

One more...

Look what Santa is bringing Talon...it's a bird sled!

C'mon T.D.'s....let's see some more pics. I'll bet Canna has some cute holiday photo's to share. : )

HUGS,
    ~Dawn (mamabirrd)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Dawn those are precious he has changed so much since the last pictures. I really like the one with his hands held up and it does look like at gunpoint. I always check our picture thread when I first pull up gardenweb and love to find someone has posted pictures. The tree was actually there when we arrived so that was nice for them to decorate. Dawson and Joshua are 3 months apart and best buddies. They will start school together and that's good because Dawson will always look after him. Joshua is a bit shy and might let others bully him but not Dawson.

Carol-You will be posting baby pictures before long, March is not that far off. We will have another precious baby to watch grow up.

Shirley

• veeja11
    16 years ago

It is about time !! well worth the wait tho. Dawn you must remember Talon has lots of aunties ang grannies out here who can't walk over to see him we need our pics. I love my grandkids but they stopped coming a few years ago, so I am so ready for this new gg baby. I'm trying to go there for the birth, might mess up my gattlinburg trip but I'm sure you all will understand. Mamma where are you ? hugs carol

• mareas
    16 years ago

My Christmas box from Annette arrived today! She snuck my box into the mail on the 8th & I'm so delighted with everything!
    {{gwi:2104646}}

It was just stuffed with goodies, including the most elegant homemade card I've ever seen (just beautiful & so polished!), a delicious decandent chocolate scented candle, loads of yummy candy, seeds of all sorts of interesting new-to-me plants like yellow buddleia, moonflowers and exotic datura, a hoot of an Inspirational packet that included a booklet of Christmas prayers & hymms as well as several useful office items that remind one to "Reduce, reuse, recyle", several more presents that I'll open on Christmas and a beautiful rhizome of 'Designer Gown' TB Iris!!
    I'm sure it will dig right into its new pot, Annette ~ I divided an iris clump at Christmas a couple years ago and the rhizomes I potted back up bloomed beautifully the next Spring, although a bit late.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH & MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

• rockyridge
    16 years ago

Here's that picture of clematis 'Ramona' growing up through a 'Lady Banks Rose'. I've since had to move the rose. It grew so rampant it was literally coming through the window.

{{gwi:2104647}}

I'm going to look for a close-up shot.

• mareas
    16 years ago

Wow, what an inspiration that rose/clematis photo is!...

Happy Solstice Everyone!
    {{gwi:2104648}}

This made me think about our Talon ~ show him this Dawn? :-) marea

• toomanyanimals
    16 years ago

Rox, Love the Clematis! I've planted a Clematis at the base of each of my climbing roses last summer. I hope they are still there this spring.

Marea, who is this Chuck 'friend'. Is he yours or a visiter? He is a wonderfully beautiful cat, love the eyeliner eyes. Does he have the 'attitude' to go with that look.
    sharon

• pchanggeo
    16 years ago

Merry Christmas!size>color>

Here's the southern California version of the snowman:

{{gwi:2104649}}

We went to see the lights display put on by the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power:

{{gwi:2104650}}

Elves hard at work:

{{gwi:2104651}}

{{gwi:2104652}}

{{gwi:2104653}}

Sorry the photos are blurry... I was driving and taking photos with my daughter's camera phone :-).

{{gwi:2104654}}

Wishing everyone the best...
    Paul

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Paul-I love California's snowman....too cute...When my Son lived in Hawaii they had a Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus with their feet dangling in the local park pool...Kinda warm there around Christmas time to. Wow your children have grown since the last picture, beautiful family.

Shirley

• budsnblooms
    16 years ago

Hi TD's,

I had a wonderful Christmas and hope you did too. Dawn's box came 12/23, but I am just now getting time to post a picture as my whole family decended on the 23rd and didn't leave until Christmas night. Loved every minute of it!!!

Here's the great box that Dawn sent:

{{gwi:2104655}}

I'll post the contents on our other link. Thanks Dawn, it is a great box and I love it.

Debbie/budsnblooms

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

Dawn where are the house update/pics? It's been over two months! :)

Canna

• mareas
    16 years ago

Finally our beloved mamabird promised on our chat thread to post photos here tomorrow, but I wanted to share this photo with ya in the meantime. It was taken in the garden of a member of my local AHS club which is only 1/2 hour away. Guess where I will be come bloom season?

Dragon Fang (Gossard 07)
    ~m'

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Marea-That is one gorgeous daylily....Sure would like to get a fan of that one.

Shirley

Sponsored
Grant Boulevard Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Fairfax County