Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

NEW: Secret Santa Seed Swap 2009 (Second Annual)

flwrs4ever
14 years ago

Secret Santa Seed Swap...Please join in the spirit of Christmas, and become Santa, Mrs Clause, or an Elf for the season !!

1. This will be a wish list swap, please post your TOP 25 wishes , here on the SS thread..( also make sure your

want list is up to date, incase Santa wants to take a Peek !)

***WISH LIST....can be flowers, herbs, or edibles. This is a SEED SWAP ( although Santa may find it in their heart to mail plants, bulbs)

2. Posting a wish list, signs you up to particapate in this swap...deadline to post wishlists will be November 27th.

3. All seeds need to be mailed out From Dec 1 to the 5th ( so santa has time to get to all his other commitments for the season)

***PLEASE work on your seeds as the wish lists are posted, so you are ready to mail before DEC 5th !!

4. PLEASE send your mailing address to me ASAP ! WITH your screen name Like this... ( DO NOT POST YOUR ADDRESS ON THE FORUM !!)

Flwrs4ever

Santa Claus

100 Snow Lane

North Pole 00000

( I Will not track down people for their screen name this year...I dealt with 5,000 emails last Season, help me out please !! )

5. SEEDS will be mailed from Dec 1 to the 5th. PLEASE include a Christmas card . How you mail , is to your discression. We mostly mailed inside envies with bubble wrap last season...and bubble envies for mulitple seed packs. Remember to mail the best way you can ! This is all about GIVING in the SPIRIT of the Holidays !

6. PLEASE, send me a list of WHOM you are mailing to...I just need a list of screen names ( NOT, what you are mailing ) , to make sure everyone will be happily surprised. I will need your list by DEC 1st ..so start packin your seeds !! ( This will allow me time to ask a few elves for help , making sure wishes come true ! )

***HOW many you mail to will be kept confidential, it isnt about HOW MANY, it is about the SPIRIT, and the fact that you shared some HOLIDAY CHEER with another !!

7. This is a "secret" swap...but PLEASE put ur return address on the envie..and screen name, so everyone can be thanked :) The secret is to be, until they receive their card !

8. Homemade cards were the best last season...but send store bought, or homemade !! I loved the ones the kids made :)

9. YES10. You MUST come to the forum and thank those that mailed cards to you !!!!!!!! Please be thankful and gracious to those that take the time to mail !

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

THERE WILL BE GAMES, AND PRIZES !!!!!!!!!! SO PLEASE KEEP CHECKIN THE FORUM !

COME ON....JOIN THE FUN !!! Let's...

Comments (150)

• perkybarb
    14 years ago

Well, sorry if this is a duplicate, but I can't seem to find my want list for the Christmas Seed Exchange.
    Aster
    Cosmos
    Ornamental Cabbage
    Poppy
    Petunias
    Four 0'Clocks
    A Surprise!

• karendee
    14 years ago

Thanks for the extra info Kym! Make sure you post a wishlist. We want to send to you too! If not we will just have to send you a surprise.

I have my seed packs set aside and as I see a wish I can grant I put the GW name and add to a list I am keeping.
    I am at about 15 right now. I will add more when new people sign up. I am so surprised I had so many seeds people want.

I like getting cards and now getting them with seeds is great! December will be fun for me!

Karen

• plant-one-on-me
    14 years ago

It's time to get back to the wonderful people here at GW. I have been fighting off a depression over the past couple months. I am finding this such a hard time of year since John passed. Our 27th anniversary was Nov 5, our granddaughters 5th birthday is the 19, our 2 daughters both have birthdays in November, John's birthday is Dec 3 and our son's is Dec 30. I never expected it to be this hard.

Anyway dusting myself off and trying to get back in the Holiday Spirit. Count me in!

My wishes are simple:

Anything with the name "John" in it
    anything edible
    I would like seeds from great tasting plums, peaches, nectarines etc to stratify over the winter.
    any coneflowers.
    something hardy that flowers to plant where there are tons of tree roots, uggghhh

If I come up with any specifics I will post when I get back from Disney...I am taking our granddaughter for her 5th birthday on Nov 19. It was a promise grandpa and I made 2 years ago and I will not let this girl down!

Kim
    plant-one-on-me

• ourhappyhome
    14 years ago

Plant-one-on-me, so glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have wonderful children and grandchildren to spend the holidays with. That's good medicine. I've found that the folks here are a lot like family. They always bring a smile when I need one.

Hugs
    April

• chitownladyd
    14 years ago

Kim keep you chin up!
    I can relate. When my mom died a few years back it took all the joy out of the holidays for me. She was the center of our world - our family- and now everyone is scattered and does their own thing. It takes this forum to bring the holiday joy back.

With that being said, I'd like to add that I love surprises and if anyone has great seeds that need a loving home send them my way.

Also, would greatly appreciate some red castor bean seeds for my red bed.

La Donna

• just1morehosta
    14 years ago

Hi Karen,
    Check with Kym please, you can add my name to this list.:0)
    cAROL

• daisyb
    14 years ago

Well, I think I have my Secret Santa Wish List ready now. I'm rather new to all this but I can already tell that there are some pretty special people here at GardenWeb. Most everyone seems so helpful and generous to want to share with others. Thank you for allowing me to join in on the fun Kim.

1. Rudbeckia
    2. Echinaceas
    3. Jacob Cline Monarda
    4. Gaillardia - Arizona Sun
    5. Red Bee Balm
    6. Any Hardy Hibiscus
    7. Cardinal Flower - Lobelia
    8. Turk's Cap Lily
    9. Any Lily
    10. Royal Empress Tree
    11. Vitex Agnus-Castus - Chase Tree
    12. Larkspur - Delphinium
    13. Dahlbery Daisy
    14. Dwarf Crape Myrtle
    15. Coleus - any color
    16. Salvia - Red
    17. Any Shade-loving Perennial
    18. English Daisy - Strawberries and Cream
    19. Begonia - any
    20. Daylily - any
    21. Nandina - Heavenly Bamboo
    22. Dahlias - any
    23. Million Bells - Calibrachoa
    24. Toad Lily
    25. Hosta
  • karendee
    14 years ago

cAROL, I have you for the next round... I need to make sure I have everyone. I am sure I may have missed someone.

thanks!
    Karen

• gmom2-6boys
    14 years ago

Hi to All!

This is such a good thing. I was just amazed last year by the amount of seed that I received. Now I will be able to make more happy receivers.

Here is my wish list and it is different from my GW page link:
    Anything hardy to zone 4-5
    Any climbing flower
    Chrysanthemum
    Swiss Chard
    Fennel
    Stevia
    Rosemary
    Tomatillo
    Basil
    Lungwart
    Foamflower
    Hydrangeas
    Hellebore
    Bergenia
    Lantana
    Kale
    Globe amaranth

Thanks Kim

I'm not looking forward to the cold and snow but this will help keep me busy.

Have a great Day
    Sharon

• maps31
    14 years ago

ME TOO!
    I will post my wants ASAP
    sleepy for the night
    I will post tommorrow
    Maryann
    maps31 GW
    maps31@yahoo.com

• puffie
    14 years ago

1. interesting zucchini/summer squash (round, colored, etc)
    2. lisianthus (especially a double variety)
    3. heirloom tomato (ANY! addicted to these!)
    4. impatients
    5. lemon cucumber
    6. epimedium
    7. toad lily
    8. curly-leaf parsley
    9. ranunculus

1. pansies!
  • nottougly
    14 years ago

this is great.
    Here is my list.

1. Columbine Clementine Blue
    2. Velour Blue Bronze Viola
    3. Jerusalem Sage
    4. English Daisy Habanera® Red Tips
    5. Nasturtiums, Albino, ÂAlaskaÂ, ÂJewel of AfricaÂ
    7. Heuchera 'Palace Purple'
    8. Verbena Moss
    9. Sagina

1. Viola 'Skippy XL Plum-Gold'
    2. Agrimony Eupatoria (Church Steeples)
    3. Coreopsis Mahogany Midget
    4. Petunia Frillytunia White Hybrid
    5. Zinnia Candy Cane
    6. Pentapetes phoenicea
    7. Yellow Waxbells (kirengeshoma palmata)
    8. Basil Red Rubin
    9. Daisy, Blue Fringed
    10. Lanceleaf Japanese Maple
    11. Teddy bear vine (cyanotis kewensis)
    12. Mountain Mint
    13. Fragrant Trailing Scandent Begonia
    14. Hibiscus False Roselle, Red-Leaf
  • sandy2_gw
    14 years ago

Count me in!
    All I want for Christmas:
    1. passiflora (other than incarnata, lady margaret & vitifola)
    2. clematis (especially radar love)
    3. allium (any)
    4. lilac bush (other than purple)
    5. bugbane (really want/zone 5)
    6. thunbergia vine/blue skyflower
    7. angel trumpet (other than white)
    8. corkscrew vine
    9. monarda bergamo (zone 5)
    10.hardy cyclamen lily pad (zone 5)
    11.hardy cyclamen (zone 5)
    12.madagascar jasmine
    13.cobaea scandens/cathedral bells
    14.salvia (other than red)
    15.cypress vine
    16.kiwi fruit (male & female/zone 5)
    17.chinese ground orchid (other than purple)
    18.hardy fushia (zone 5)
    19.shasta daisy (short variety/zone 5)
    20.scabiosa (other than purple/zone 5)
    21.double hollyhock (other than yellow/zone 5)
    22.trillium
    23.dutchmen breeches
    any unusual/or your favorite perennial/annual seeds that both the hummingbirds and butterflies love

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
    Sandy

• bagardens (Ohio, Zone 5b)
    14 years ago

I am so excited, I can hardly wait!
    Here is my Wish List:

1. Basil (any kind other than sweet, cinnamon, lemon, & Opal)
    2. Lettuce (any kind)
    3. Greens (any kind, such as mustards, pak choi, mizuna, etc.)
    4. Bell (especially purple and yellow) and Sweet Peppers
    5. Eggplant (anything other than Black Beauty)
    6. Cherry Tomatoes (any heirloom type)
    7. Broccoli and Cauliflower (especially different colors other than the common)
    8. Okra (any kind other than clemson spimeless)
    9. Carrots (especially colors other than orange)

1. Walking Onions
    2. Any Blue Pumpkin/Squash
    3. Scallop/Patty Pan Summer Squash
    4. Beetberry/Strawberry Spinach
    5. Artichokes
    6. Strawberries
    7. Celery or Celeriac
    8. Winged Bean/Asparagus Pea
    9. Reisetomate Tomato
    10. Pumpkin on a Stick Ornamental Eggplant
    11. Lisianthus
    12. Calendula
    13. Dahlias
    14. Celosia
    15. Carnations (especially large florist size ones, or any that make good cut flowers)
    16. Surprise me with any veggies seeds. I love trying different things, especially unusual things. But I guarantee I will love anything!

Now to start working on my cards! So excited!

• carol57078
    14 years ago

I'm so happy to be a part of this group. My wish list is,

poppy (plum crazy)
    morning glories (picotee blue)
    hardy geranium
    canterbury bells
    japanese maple
    zinna (profusion)
    hibiscus ( pink swirl)
    cockscomb
    dianthus
    foxgloves
    lupine
    carrots
    cucumbers
    tomato
    any low growing perenial for zone 5

• Alphie
    14 years ago

Here is my wish list.

1. Passiflora foetida 'Love-in-a-Mist'
    2. Mutisia decurrens 'Climbing Marigold'
    3. Queen Anne's Pocket Melon, other melons
    4. Berlandiera lyrata 'Chocolate Flower'
    5. Sunflower, Chocolate, Reds, Oranges, Whites, Light Yellows
    6. Hibiscus acetosella 'Red Shield', Hibiscus cannabinus Mauve & Yellow, Any Double Flowering Types, Dinnerplate
    7. Lunaria annua 'Variegata' & 'Variegata alba'
    8. Lavatera arborea 'Variegata'
    9. Veggies - Peppers, (chili, chocolate, peter, etc), Tomatoes (black, tangy, sweet), Beans, Snow Peas, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Corn (Sweet, Popping, Ornamental), Turnips, Beets, Rutabagas, Carrots, Eggplants (Green, White, Black, 'Red Ruffled', Pumpkin on a stick) Potatoes etc.
    10. Lobelia cardinalis
    11. Asclepias physocarpa 'Giant Swan Milkweed', Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet', Asclepias variegata, etc.
    12. Aconitum napellus 'Monk's Hood'
    13. Hollyhock 'Chater's Double Appleblossom Pink' & a Double Black, Also any single flowering Hollyhocks
    14. Castor Beans (Green, Black, Pink Veining, Silver*, Purple, Red)
    15. Tacca (Cat's Whiskers- Green*, Black, White)
    16. Amaranthus tricolor 'Summer Poinsettia, Joeseph's Coat)
    17. Billardiera longiflora 'Climbing Blueberry'
    18. Bougainvillea 'Majestic Purple' or any
    19. White American Beautyberry
    20. Canavalia ensiformis 'Jack Bean, or Sward Bean'
    21. Coreopsis tinctoria 'Mahogany Midget'
    22. Cosmos atrosanguineus 'Chocolate Cosmos' also 'Picotee', Apricot, Yellow Garden
    23. Dictamnus albus (Alba, Purpureaus, Rubra)
    24. Gaillardia aestivalis 'Indian Firewheel' & others
    25. Surprise me with your favorites!

Wishing everyone very happy holidays!!!
    Going to see how many wishes I can fill now.

Don

• ggwrn
    14 years ago

Kym,

I would love to join the swap. I will post my wish list by the end of the week. Thanks for hosting again this year!

Ginger

• oswego
    14 years ago

i would love to join here is my wish list

1.small pumpkins 2 gourds small
    3.fennel 4. dill 5. squash 6. parsley
    7.basil 8 cheroke purple tomato 9. black cherry tomato
    10.peppers 11. sage 12.hollyhockd. 13.lobelia

1. any ornamental grass 15. sungold tomato
      16.parsnip 17.turnip 18.red bee balm
      19.cilantro 20.thyme 21.cilantro 22.luffa
      23.large gourd seeds luffa 24. cockcomb 25.lettuce

her is my wish list . oswego

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

Karen, am I supposed to see a link beside everyone's GW name in the above list ? ... cause I don't ;-(

~Iris

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

I am happy to see that there are more and more wishes I can fill!! I can't wait till it's time to send.

I wanted to share this info with you all. In BHG magazine they have an article about recycling old greeting cards. Visit the website stjudesranch.org for donation info. They support abused, abandoned and neglected kids. The children earn money by removing the front of the cards and use them to make new cards out of recycled paper. They sell the cards in packs of 10. I am looking forward to participating in this! Just an idea for your greeting cards after the holidays.

Hope everyone survived Monday!!

Heidi

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi Kim..I am sooo glad to see you back !! You have been missed, and although I cant begin to know how you feel..please know my heart goes out to you ! I truly hope we can help you get thru this first Christmas, even if it is a few smiles :)

Heidi, that is a great way to recycle cards, and last year MANY people from the swap passed on there cards..could I ask you to repost at the end of the swap ?? It would be wonderful for us to help out this year !!

I wanted to mention to those of you with Kids..feel free to get them involved in making the cards if you would like ! I for one..got alot of enjoyment last season from all the homemade ones ( kids and adults alike ! )

I am caught up on my record keeping..thanks to you all for sending me ur info, and for offering help ! I made a big mistake last night, and accidently erased an ENTIRE column of info and had to spend today going back thru ALL the emails..UGH !!

SIGN UPS ARE UNTIL NOVEMBER 27TH, PLEASE come join us !! ALL people in good standing are encouraged to join ...you only have to send 1 or 2 cards, this is for ALL ! Newbies welcome to join also !

• dan_the_mailman
    14 years ago

I went through my seeds last night and found a bunch of people I can help out. Now I just need to know where to send them... ((GRIN))

• karendee
    14 years ago

Iris,
    Try clicking the name. the actual name has a hyperlink in it for each person.

I will add an updated list soon. I wanted to wait until a few more people sign up.

If you do not see your username let me know.
    Karen

• graanieb
    14 years ago

Hi Kym and everyone,
    Many familiar names, good seeing you. Thank you for hosting again, Kym, you've done a great job last year, it was fun, more work for me 'cause I wanted to send to many and writing with right hand was slow but a good exercise, enjoyed it and want to do it again, at least a dozen cards ( what I say and it turns out to be more, lol)

Good idea for cards Heidi, thank you for posting it, had StJude Children's address and now don't need to search.
    I'll send them a card or something little too.

Wish weather would stay a while as it is, still gathering seeds.

Secret Santa ( or two) , smile, I've been really patient and as good as can be, feel I can ask for some favors, thank you so much.

My wish list:

Seed packets -paper , 2x2 or 2x3 in.
    Recipes! I've been sharing healthy recipes for a while.

SEEDS:

Fennel Florence ( makes bulb, have common)
    Basil- Red Rubin, Thai Siam Queen, Lemon Dani, others
    Pepper-orn " Purple Flash"
    Hibiscus - Disco Belle-pink, "Luna Blush"-others
    Cosmos- Tetra Versailles -Red, apricot, dble white, picotee
    Zinnia -Swizzle " Cherry and Ivory", Cactus flowered, any
    Impatients - mix, low growing, for shade
    Nasturtiums
    Salvia white ( coccinea and any), Sangria & other bicolors
    Pentsemon
    Peppers- ornamental- " Holiday Cheer"-cherry;your mix?
    Peppers-Habanero, Bell-lilac/purple,
    Eggplant- White, striped, lavender ( other than purple)
    Hyssop-white
    Jasmine- any except Nite Blooming
    Morning Glory-Tie Dyed Pink, JMG "Lavender Silk","Pink Silk"
    Canna- Salmon, White
    Verbena-low growing
    Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
    Beans- Yard long, Ying-Yang

Any favorites from your garden, especially butterfly and hummingbird attractors.

Again, I'd be happy with a few recipes, paper packets or/and a few seeds.

Have a great time trading and see you soon, best wishes
    for a healthy- therefore happy holiday.
    Hope you have enough to be thankful for.

Kym, you got to have your hands full, I'll wait til you can send me addresses, thank you again.

Bea

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

What if you just sent all your seeds into another swap? Should I take my name off the Santa list? I'm a newbie and my seed stash is fairly small.

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

DAN....this SANTA is SOOO sending you COAL this season :P

ADDRESSES WILL BE MAILED ....ONCE....TO YOU ALL...AFTER SIGN UPS ARE OVER !!!!!!!!!!! :p ( tongue is for Danny boy)

GBEA, so glad to see you ! I am sure Santa will have a few surprises :)

FEEL free to spread the word, ALL is welcome to join ! ( in good standing ofc)

Deana, I sent you an email ..

HO HO HO ,

Santa Kym

• deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    14 years ago

Kym, an e-mail isn't coming through. Could you send it again?

Thanks!
    Deanna

• lindaruzicka
    14 years ago

hmmmm...I think I WILL join this swap...I'll post my list later on this evening...."rooting through packs"

• flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

{{gwi:2104663}}

ALL, ARE WELCOME TO JOIN....THIS SWAP IS ABOUT THE SPIRIT OF "GIVING"...YOU MAY MAIL AS MANY, OR AS LITTLE AS YOU ARE ABLE . THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO SHARE IN THE SPIRIT OF THE HOLIDAYS AND BRING SOME CHEER TO OTHERS !! YOU CAN CHOOSE TO MAIL ONE CARD, OR 100...IT IS YOUR CHOICE !! SOOO, POST YOUR WISH LISTS, AND ALLOW SOME HOLIDAY SPIRIT INTO YOUR LIFE THIS SEASON !!!!

TO ALL NEWBIES :

This is what I posted in the rules, ANYONE, in good standing...is welcome to join !! Post a wish list, send me your address..I just ask that you be ACTIVE in the swap..and make sure you thank everyone. This is a GREAT way for newbies to get started ..we ALL were newbies at sometime !!

• Iris ( ranegrow ) z7 Maryland
    14 years ago

This is going to be sooo much fun, I've already got SEVERAL baggies of seeds just waiting to be sent ;-) woo hoo !!

Karen, all I see is a list ;-( is everyone else seeing a list of everyones' names that are clickable links ?

~Iris

• hibiscusfan -Northwest Ohio
    14 years ago

Gonna bring those seeds back in the house!!! I'd like to join in on the fun. Thanks Kym
    SANTA MY WISH LIST
    Agasches
    Astrantia
    Alliums esp.Silverspring and Giants
    Phlox esp. Shebert Pink
    Sedum
    Cinquefoil
    Daylilies esp. doubles
    Echinacea (have purple magnus)
    Ornamental Grasses
    Baptisia esp. Prarieblues Penstemon
    Salvias
    Delphinum
    Hardy Geranium
    Verbascum
    Ruby Flax
    Hardy Groundcovers for sunny areas
    Rudbeckia(have blackeyed susans)
    Nicotinas
    Surprises of pernnials and self sowing annuals

• chere
    14 years ago

1. soap wort

2. Tomatillo, Toma Verde

3. Rock Cress

4. Echinacea Pink Double Delight

1. Echinacea Sundown

6. Echinacea Sunrise

7. Anything that would look good in a hanging basket.

8. Japanese Morning Glories.

9. Other vines.

1. Roman Chamomile Roman

2. Stevia, Sweet Leaf

3. Foxglove Apricot

4. Lobella annual and perennial

5. Statice

6. Vinca Blueberry

7. Vinca Santa Fe

8. Astilbe

9. Gourd Luffa

10. Watermelon Sweet Ruby Hybrid and Sugar Baby

11. Corn sweet

12. Strawberry Pop Corn

13. Broccoli something that will do good where it gets hot.

14. Shallot Holland Red

15. any Japanese Maple trees

16. iris

I looked at what people want and I have some to share. This way they won't go to waste.

Chere

• w9yards
    14 years ago

I participated last year and had so much fun! I was new and had no seeds to share. I was having a hard year emotionally as I closed my business and decided to retire early. You have no idea what a pick me up it was to come home to the mailbox and find wonderful cards and seeds! It always put a smile on my face! In the spring seeing the plants grow and sharing my bountiful harvest was truly a blessing. I mentor two children three days a week tutoring and enriching their lives and they loved the garden and cooking with our fresh produce. This year I have seeds to share thanks to everyone's generosity. Here is my list!

1. Herbs, any are fun my favorite bread to bake is cheddar cheese garlic chive
    2. Gourds, I love making bird houses and handing them out to friends. I also make soap dishes for my homemade soaps.
    3. Louffa seeds
    4. Any vegetables I grow most of our food and share with several families. I dry, can, and freeze as much as I can. I have a kid's area in my garden with teepees. I live in Southern California so I garden year round and have almost 2 acres to plant. I am adventurous and love to try new foods.
    5. Any flowers suited to dry California conditions.

Looking forward to this!

Thanks!

Diana

• klorentz
    14 years ago

Well here is my list.Hats of to Kym.

Al-Kuffa 1

Summer Cider (orange)2

Italian Giant Beefsteak 3

Recently discovered I am in need of bell peppers too.

Orange Summer 4

Golden Summer 5

Big Bertha or any large bell similar to it.6

Pumpkin:

Winter Luxury 7

Wolf 8

Howden 9

Conetecut Field 10

Big Moon 11

Rouge Vif d' Etampes 12

Galeux d'Eysines 13

Mars 14

Baby Pam 15

Kabocha Squash 16

Zukes 17

Okra 18

Cucumber County Fair 19

Eggplant 20

Flowers for bees, butterflies and Humming Birds 21

Italian Basil 22
    Oregano 23
    Chives 24
    Thyme 25

Here is wishing everyone a great Holiday season and hope for a great garden in 2010.

• dorisl
    14 years ago

Hi Kim,

Im sorry that I need to drop out of this one, I dont think Ill be able to send many out.

:)
    Maybe next year.
    Doris.

• hotwheel_tim
    14 years ago

hello
    I would like to join, I'm very new but I love to grow plants for butterflies, catepilars, and bees. my mom will help me with the seeds and shipping.
    my wish list
    sunflowers
    milkweed
    cosmos
    celiosa flamingo feather
    patunias
    violas
    columbine
    black eyed susans
    parsley
    fennel
    surprise me

thanks Timmy

ps this is mom(micyrey) I was very happy to finaly get timmy signed up for GW, he is always asking me for seeds when I get envies in the mail. I will give him some seeds from my harvest this year to package for him to swap with, I will also oversee his lableing and shipping, he will make the cards himself. he is 7 years old so easy to grow seeds would be great, NOID is also good, his fav color is orange.

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

Timmy it is awesome that you are into gardening. I am happy that you signed up!!

Heidi

• karendee
    14 years ago

Hum...not sure can someone let me know if they are clickable?

Are the names in blue underlined for you? It may be a computer issue because I see them as links we can click on...

Someone test them out please and let me know before I post another list.

Thanks!!
    Karen

Doris are you sure you need to drop out you don't have to send a lot of seeds. Just one or two is fine...

• karendee
    14 years ago

Yep, I checked from another computer and the links do not work...
    YUCKY...

I will post them differently next time and hopefully they will work. I followed the directions.... lol

SORRY

Karen

• highalttransplant
    14 years ago

Karen, the names are underlined, and in blue, and when I click on the name, it takes me to their member page. It might be better if the link was to their actual trade page, but the links work just fine.

Now, can you teach me how you did that, LOL?

Bonnie

• debby_1
    14 years ago

First time in this swap. Looks like fun. Here's my list:

1. tomato any but brandywine
    2. pickling onion
    3. poppies
    4. zinnias
    5. foxgloves
    6. lupines
    7. monks hood
    8. delphinum
    9. sage
    10.basil
    11.thyme
    12.larkspur
    13.cosmos - yellows, oranges or reds
    14.oriental lily
    15.asiatic lily
    16.amaryllis
    17.bleeding hearts
    18.snapdragons
    19.kale
    20.broccoli
    21.cucumbers
    22.peppers
    23.Chrysanthemums
    24.Rhubarb
    25.salvias

• hdiperna
    14 years ago

They are not showing as clickable links for me either.
    Heidi

• Mary Leek
    14 years ago

My first wish is for a wonderful, loving and safe holiday season for everyone.

This is a first for me and it sounds like so much fun. My thanks to all who participate and especially to the Secret Santa Swap hostess, Kym, who obviously donates many hours to make this all happen.

Here is my wish list and I thank everyone who takes the time to read it.

Happy gardening next spring and a very Merry Christmas to all ... Mary

1. Nepeta fassennii - 'Walker's Low' Catmint
    2. Rosemary - Rosmarinus angustifolia 'Pine Scented'
    3. Eupatorium dubium 'Little Joe' - Joe Pye Weed
    4. Rudbeckia triloba - Three-lobed Coneflower
    5. Orlaya grandiflora - White Lace Flower
    6. Clasping Coneflower
    7. Artemisia
    8. Pentas
    9. Heuchera / Coral Bells
    10. Silene laciniata- Jack Flash
    11. Silene virginica - Fire Pink
    12. Forget-me-not
    13. Chasmanthium latifolium - 'Northern Sea Oats' ornamental grass
    14. Dutchman's pipe vine
    15. Wooly thyme
    16. Bacopa
    17. Alyssum - Basket of Gold (perennial)
    18. Bee Balm / Monarda - Jacob Cline
    19. Phlox
    20. Mexican Hat
    21. Daisy - Crazy Daisy
    22. Lettuce - Oakleaf or looseleaf variety
    23. Coreopsis 'Creme Brulee
    24. Coreopsis verticillata 'Zagreb'
  • flwrs4ever
    Original Author
    14 years ago

This thread is NOW CLOSED, PLEASE GO TO NEW THREAD...

DO NOT POST ANYMORE HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS !!!

GO TO NEW SECRET SANTA THREAD, CLICK ON LINK

Here is a link that might be useful: SECRET SANTA THREAD 2

• mojo1967
    14 years ago

This really sound's fun! I'm not sure exactly how this work's but i'll give it a try..;D

My wish list;

Annual shady plant seeds
    perrinial shady plant seeds
    anything attracting hummingbirds
    anything attracting butterflies
    border sized plant seeds
    any Morning Glory
    Moon flowers
    any night blooming flower
    rare tomato seeds
    Black tomatoes
    Peter pepper seeds

OK...anything...really...i am not too picky!

Thanks, I am real excited, This is my 1st BIG swap!!

• karendee
    14 years ago

Ok, I see the links on 2 PC's and not on the work Mac.... so I assume it may be a computer thing.

I will try to see what I can do for the next posting and make them directly to the trade page not member page.

As for how I did this... I did a search on GW on how to post HTML and there are directions. Not too hard... just some code to copy and paste.

Karen

• marcella
    14 years ago

Hello this is my first year but have been trading on here for awhile sounds like a lot of fun,heres my list too!!!

poppy-reds or any oriental
    rudbeckia-sonora
    rudbeckia-maya
    salvia-plumosa
    salvia-rose queen
    sedum-lynda windsor
    sedum-autumn fire
    verbena-apple blossom
    veronica-crater lake blue
    veronica-royal candles
    white butterfly bush
    columbine-red,white double
    columbine-dragonfly
    columbine-songbird cardinal
    aster-bluebird
    aster crimsonbrocade
    double bloom canterbury bells
    coreopsis-domino
    coreopsis-early sunrise
    campanula-cherry bells

And I hope everyone has a very merry christmas!!!!
    Thanks Santa

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022