Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: 'Name-That-Seed' Robin Has Launched!!!

Posted by nettasaura Z8 WA (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 16, 06 at 19:14

Hello Everybody!

A Note First: A special thank you to mmqchdygg for letting me use a bunch of her ideas for the Robin since they were positively ingenious and do help to protect privacy!

Rules:
1). The Robins have been launched! They contain exactly 50 packs of seeds each, all different to give a good variety. At any one point there should be no less than 50 packs of seeds in the Robin. Remember you can remove as many packs as you like as long as you replace them with the same number or more that you removed. There are also instructions included in the Robins for anyone who forgets them!

2). There are "goodie" bags in both of the Robins...please remove only one item, and replace the bags! If you choose, you can add small lightweight gifts to the "goodie" bag, but this is completely optional.

2). You will be sent a separate snail mail with the name and address of the person you will be sending the envie to. There will be a Delivery Confirmation label included. Delivery Confirmation is an absolute must, USE IT! Make sure your postal worker scans the label into the computer! I have also included a mailing label for the person you will be sending to....USE THIS as I have formatted them for the speediest shipping possible. We don't want these Robins to get lost! If anyone loses their DC# receipt, let me know because I have kept records of all of them.

3). Please leave my return address label in the upper left hand corner. Should something happen and a robin be returned I would prefer that it come back to me so I can send it on to the next person in the robin.

4). Snail mails will be sent out a few at a time, just prior to you receiving the robin.

5). Player list (in order of play) and flight map:
This Robin is going to make two smaller circles around the country to help everybody get some seeds in time for winter sowing. A trip out to the East Coast, and a smaller tighter circle around the interior Midwest and West Coast.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

EAST: Robin A
H - nettasaura: Lonetta
A1 - simplylisa: Lisa
A2 - kywildcat2: Teresa
A3 - andrea81: andrea
A4 - jselwa: Jennifer
A5 - lisam627_ohio_z6: Lisa
A6 - juspeachy: JoAnn
A7 - fairydancer: Deb
A8 - zabecc: Elizabeth
A9 - mmqcgdygg: Tina
A10 - wendeyzee: Wendey
A11 - galium: Mariann
A12 - threeshyacres: Jodi
A13 - mich245: Christina
A14 - bogartbaby: Deanie
A15 - mimib1: Brenda
H - nettasaura : Lonetta

WEST: Robin B
B1 - cedarnest: Nancy
B2 - hummingbirddaisy: Tina
B3 - mnwsgal: Bobbie
B4 - julie_mn: Julie
B5 - candycow: Candy
B6 - boop: Beth
B7 - momcat: Deb
B8 - micyrey: Michelle
B9 - patrob: Patricia
B10 - sguanzon: Sue
B11 - dizzydaffodil: Susann
B12 - penguu: Kerry
B13 - mallowmallow: Pam
B14 - nightnurse1968: Susan

Simplylisa & Cedarnest: Your snail mails are inside the Robins.
Kywildcat2, Andrea81, Hummingbirddaisy, & Mnwsgal: Watch for your snail mails!

6). Once the Robins have landed at home...the packs will be switched and will go back out for Round 2. Email me privately if you do not wish to be included in Round 2. If I do not hear from you, you will automatically be included in Round 2. There will be two handmade gifts in your snail mails for Round 1 and two handmade gifts in your snail mails for Round 2.

7). Please post here after you have sent the envie on to the next player and be sure to include your Delivery Confirmation number!

Robin A DC# - 0306 0320 0004 0374 0154
Robin B DC# - 0306 0320 0004 0374 0222

Please use the following link to help keep track of the Robin. Just cut and paste the latest DC# and it will tell you when it has been mailed and delivered! Remember you have a responsibility to the rest of the players here to pass the Robin on...a responsibility you accepted when you signed up!
USPS Track and Confirm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: 'Name-That-Seed' Robin Has Launched!!!

Well done!

o

WOW! I have NEVER seen a robin this well organized. Excellent job! I am really looking forward to this one Netta. Thank you for hosting, and for the extra effort and kindness you have done and given.

I will be watching the mail!

Happy Holidays Everyone ~
Tina

o

Oh yeah...and thanks again to mmchqdygg for finding me that beautiful pastel map of the US!!!
Netta

o

Wow I better get my seeds ready! Oh now this is really exciting and looks wonderfully organized.Thanks Netta!
Nancy

o

WooHoo I am first. I am so excited. My seeds are all ready. They have been sitting in my top seed draw in their own freezer bag forever it seems. LOL I can't wait this is almost like early Christmas. Will post as soon as it gets here. Netta your a doll, and a wonderful, organized Hostess. I would be thrilled to be in any Swap you have. Thanks for al your hardwork.

Hugs,
Lisa & Kayla

o

Netta,
You did a wonderful job here. Can't wait to see what's coming my way. I give you an A++++
Mariann

o

(insert whiney voice here) I like your map better than mine. I want your map.

o

Tina, you goof...you gave me that map...why didn't you use it for yourself...LOL! You so silly!

o

Small adjustment...we have a last minute signup! Debbya missed this Robin and is joining us. She will be in Robin B & Round 2. Robin B's player list now:

B1 - cedarnest: Nancy
B2 - hummingbirddaisy: Tina
B3 - mnwsgal: Bobbie
B4 - julie_mn: Julie
B5 - candycow: Candy
B6 - boop: Beth
B7 - momcat: Deb
B7b - debbya: Deb

MOMCAT - your snail mail will reflect the change. I am not going to post an updated map because Momcat's & Debbya's dot would be almost on top of each other.

Thanks so much for joining Debbya!

I will not take any more new signups for this Robin from this point forward.

Thanks everyone!
Netta

o
RE: 'Name-That-Seed' Robin Has Launched!!!

WOW! I just checked Track & Confirm...that was speedy!

o

WOW!!! That was FAST!! The Robin has landed already!! Oh Netta thanks so much for the "special touches" you put into this along with the seeds : ) Your organization is incredible.I don't want to let the cat out of the bag but you are all in for a special treat with this one : )It will be back in flight to Tina Monday morning.Thanks again Netta for the "Super Robin" Enjoy Ladies!!
Nancy

o

Please don't anybody let the cat out of the bag...thanks Nancy! If you do you will spoil my surprises for everybody else....after the Robins have made it through Round 1, if anybody wants to, they can share pics of their Round 1 gifts. And the same thing will apply to Round 2 since the gifts will be entirely different.

Anywho...feeling all warm and tingly inside...I love making other people happy....and I would far rather give than recieve...just ask DH who gets frustrated every year cause I spend all the Christmas money on him and the boys and leave him about $20 to go get me something with....but he doesn't understand that seeing their faces when they open gifts is all the present I need....

So enjoy!!!
Netta

o

Netta,
My daughter and I were talking about the same thing just yesterday. I love to give gifts. Especially if it's something I've made. I always give my daughter at least 1 homemade gift every year.
Mariann

o

Liisssaaaa.....did you get it? did you get it?

o
RE: 'Name-That-Seed' Robin Has Launched!!!

For any of you ladies who might be interested, I have started a new Round Robin called "Victoriana Garden & Craft"...check it out!

o

Hello Ladies,

Boy that was fast!!! Sorry for the delay in posting. We left for a mini vacation just a little while after I posted on Friday. We didn't get back until late yesterday, fed the kids, then went to bed. When I took my son to school today I stopped to get the mail, last checked WEdnesday evening, I had our regular PO Box stuffed full and 2 of the big package boxes absolutely stuffed. I had 11 smaller packages, Kayla's imagination library book for November, 2 birthday presents for her, a big box of things I ordered and 2 HUGE ENVELOPES FROM NETTA. How did everyone know I was going away? LOL I just got back a few minutes ago from running my errands and getting groceries, usually done on Friday, and just had to post to let you all know. I have a few more posts to make and some e-mails to return and then I will go through Nettas envies. Will be back in a bit.

Hugs,
Lisa & Kayla

o

Heads up Tina,The Robin has left Nebraska and is heading East to spend Thanksgiving with you in Iowa!! LOL usps #0306 0320 0004 0374 0109

Thanks so much Netta for the wonderfully organized RR!!
Nancy

o

Jselwa, Lisam627_ohio_z6, Julie_mn, Candycow - watch for your snail mails!

o

Received my AWESOME goodies from you today Netta. Thank you for all of your hard work and kindness. May you be richly blessed!

I will watch my mailbox for the seeds and get them passed on to the next person. I will also post here when I do so.

Thanks again!
Andrea

o

The robin landed along with my snail mail today.
Haven't had time to go thru it all yet.
Mail is running reallllllllllllly slow. Holiday season I suppose. Will get this back out Friday.

Netta, changed the # on the info sheet :-)

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
Tina

o

Lisa...have you sent Robin A back out yet?

o

This lovely robin has taken flight again!
Netta, thank you so much for the thoughtful and time consuming gifts. I absolutely LOVE them!
I look forward to round 2!

DC# is 0306 0320 0004 0367 7313

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Tina

o

Thanks Tina!

o

Hi Lonetta! I just wanted to let you know I received your snail mail today. Thanks so much....I really appreciated your little package!!!! I don't want to say too much and spoil it for everyone... but I do want to mention I was very impressed!

I'm looking forward to receiving the Robin...I guess it won't be too long now. Thanks again! - Lisa

o

SimplyLisa....please try to remember darlin that there are 14 other people in line who are also waiting for the Robin....Robin B is already off to the third person in line....

And you haven't responded to my emails....

We would greatly appreciate it if you could let the Robin fly again!

Netta

PS...Your Welcome Lisam627!

o

Ladies, I am so sorry. (Beating myself with a wet noodle as we speak) I had the Robin all ready to go and had planned on taking it to the Post Office on the way to the airport on Tuesday morning. We got back this morning and here it is sitting on the kitchen counter with my makeup bag, (I wondered why I couldn't find my bag) I am such a ninny. I promise it will be winging it's way to Kentucky first thing in the morning. Again I am so sorry. I feel absolutely mortified that you all thought I had forgotten you. It was just a very hectic Thanksgiving and now I have to go cook our Thanksgiving dinner today so that my oldest daughter, her hubby, my brother, 2 sisters with family and MY parents can eat with us. It is also little Kayla's birthday today (she is turning 5 today). I am just so sorry I can't express it enough. I feel horrible that I held it up. First thing in the morning. Promise. Please forgive me guys. I love you all and Netta made the most beatiful little robin ever you all will enjoy it so much. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. OK I am going to quit babbling now. Cya.

Hugs,
Lisa & Kayla

o

Thank you Lisa.

o

Got my little snail mail envelope from Netta also - thanks so much!! They're lovely! :):)

o

So, is this robin back in flight yet, or is it still "haulted"?
Oh Netta, I forgot to give you the link to the "mail fraud" info. Just go to usps.com and you'll see the link there.
Hope this gets moving again with its original material in order soon.
Lisa, where are you?

Tina

o

Robin B arrived at my house today. I will be gone tonight but will go through and make my selections tomorrow and get it on to Julie on Wednesday.

Bobbie

o

Ooops forgot to post the DC # 0306 0320 0004 0192. Once again I am very sorry I held up the robin. I did add about 20 extra packs of seeds though. And of course I replaced the ones I got. It is a lovely robin and Netta is the best hostess ever. Again I am very sorry.

Lisa

o

Thank You Lisa.

o

I got my snail mail today! Thanks Netta!

You have many accomplished skills! Very nice craftmaship!

I am excited as this means the package can't be far behind!

Till later-

Julie

o

Lisa....did you have your PO worker scan the label into the computer?...it's not showing up on Track & Confirm.

Hey guys....it's very important from this point forward that you make sure your PO worker scans those labels into the computer system. By doing so, it gives you proof that you mailed the package and the burden of responsibility is then shifted to the United States Postal Service. By not doing so, the burden of responsibility remains on your head.

So for your piece of mind make sure the label gets scanned please!!!!!

Netta

o

I guess it would help if ninny me put in the WHOLE DC#. Ya think.LOL Here is what I got using all the numbers.

Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0004 0374 0192

Your item was accepted at 3:20 PM on November 27, 2006 in DAYTON, TN 37321. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Hopefully that will put everyone at ease. Happy Holidays everyone.

Hugs,
Lisa & Kayla

o

Thank you, thank you, thank you Lisa!!!!!!

o

Hi again, Netta and all other gardeners,
Netta, I just wrote you about his RR on another post, and now I see everything is going so well and super-organized. I so wish I could be that organized, but it just isn't me, unfortunately. : ) However, I am happy to be a part of your RRs! Everyone sounds so pleased and excited...I can't wait to see!
Happy Holidays and will check here for updates.
Sincerely,
Jodi
'ThreeShyAcres'
: )

o

UPDATE: Candy has decided to withdraw from this Robin. So Julie will be sending directly to Beth....and she already has Beth's info. Beth this throws my timing off a bit...there is the very slight chance that the Robin might land before you get your snail mail...if it does just hold the Robin until your snail mail gets there, hopefully before but if not then within a day or two after.

Thanks everyone for helping to keep this a smooth ride!
Netta

o

Robin A landed here today. I have it packed up and ready to go out to Andrea tomorrow! I'll post the DC# when I return from the P.O. Happy Holidays everyone! And thanks again Netta! : )
Teresa *kywildcat2*

o

YEAH! Thanks Teresa!

o

Robin A has taken flight! DC# 0306 0320 0004 0367 7344
~Teresa *kywildcat2*

o

Robin B Since Julie lives close to me I dropped the envelope off at her house. We had a nice visit and she sent me home with a few goodies.
Bobbie

o

Yes I did- but she started it!!...
Bobbie brought me some goodies too! I did give her a few seeds- but nothing compared to when Bobbie stops over in the spring for a shovel tour!
I am gonna go look at the envelope now....
Julie

o

And just so everybody knows...I have asked Julie to hold Robin B over until Monday so snail mails can get to the next recipients first and so Robin A can get a little caught up with Robin B.

Boop & Momcat...watch for your snail mails...they are going out first thing in the morning!

Thanks everyone for keeping this a smooth ride (so far!).
Netta

o
A has arrived!!

I received Robin A yesterday and have it ready to go back out on Monday.

Here is the DC # 0306 0320 0004 0374 0307

Jennifer- it's heading up to you!!

Thanks,
Andrea

o

Yippee!! Can't wait!!

o

Wow, only 2 more, then my turn! This one's going very quickly!

o

Woo,
moving right along. Tooooooooo cool.

Jo

o

Juspeachy, Fairydancer, Debbya, & Micyrey....watch for your snail mails!!!

o

Hi there-
I wanted you to know that I have sent the Robin on the Beth today- with the confirmation code of #0306 1070 0004 5468 7861- Netta- this is a new #.
Get ready Beth- cuz here it comes!
Julie

o

Thanks Julie!

o

Beth...I see the Robin was delivered today....did you get your snail mail yet?
Netta

o

Round Robin A landed here yesterday afternoon - I went through and picked out 29 seed packets and replaced it with 40 - I think the count is up to 75! Lisa, heading your way, 'cause the Robin took off this afternoon - you should have it by Saturday! Enjoy! Thanks to Netta for a great experience - my first official round robin!!

Delivery Confirmation Number for Lisa in Ohio -
0306 0320 004 0374 0178

Jenifer

o

Thanks Jennifer.....glad your first experience was a great one!
Netta

o

I'm on the watch and looking forward to receiving this Robin! - Lisa

o

• Posted by boop 5/6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Dec 9, 06 at 20:27

Hello everyone.
There has been a delay in the robin, because of me!
Im sorry for my ignorance in not checking this forum to get the right info on how to participate. I never recieved a snail mail so when the package came it was big surprise.
I peeked through all the seeds that evening and picked 6.
All nice trasures and I kindly refilled it with 6 pkgs.
My daughter also picked a bookmark out and I added a gift.

Nettsura's address being the only return addy, I sent it back to her the next morning. Buying a confirmation number
BUT not asking for a reciept. The package should reach her soon and I'm the big dummy that has caused a big delay and hassle for everyone. I'm sorry for the inconvience this has caused and If there's anything I can do to make it up, I will. Happy Holidays everyone!
Boop

o

From this point forward, should anyone receive a Robin ahead of their snail mail, please contact me before doing anything with it!

o

Well....Momcat never got her snail mail either....so I will give her the addy of the next recipient when she gets the Robin. And make her and Beth a replacement pack of gifts if the errant snail mails have still not shown up by then!

Netta

o

hello I got my snail mail yesterday, thanks for the gifts.
I'll be ready whenever it gets here.
thanks
michelle

o

Hi all...I received the Robin yesterday and took several interesting packs and replaced them. I also added more seeds so now the count is up to 102. I took one small gift and and also replaced it with a small gift. She's all packaged back up and ready to fly to Joann - I'll be dropping her off at the Post Office on the way in to work tomorrow morning. My delivery confirmation number is 0306 0320 0004 0367 7320.

Thanks so much for doing such a great job with this Robin, Lonetta!

o

Robin B landed today and will be flying in just a little over an hour! The seed count is 57 packs.

Momcat - I have included an envelope inside the Robin with new mailing labels for you so you can send to Debbya. If your original snail mail has not shown by Saturday, I will make you a new set of gifts.

DC# - 0306 1070 0003 6007 6506

o

Momcat emailed to say that her snail mail showed up in yesterday's mail so I have let her know to disregard the envie inside the Robin. I am hoping that Boop's snail mail might show up any day now.

And I did use Delivery confirmation on those four snail mails that went out yesterday!

Netta

o

Hi Netta-
I got my snail mail today... thank you SO much!!!
and yes, there was delivery confirmation in it, I will be sure to use it once the rabin lands on my doorstep :D
-Elizabeth

o

I got my beautiful snail mail today Lonetta, thanks so much. You certainly have put a lot of work and care into this Robin -- I'm sure everyone appreciates it as much as I do. Thanks again........

o

Hi Netta,

Robin A landed here yesterday. I will have it out in the mail tomorrow morning. Will post the # then.

Picked out several packets of seeds and one gift. And put a few more little goodies in.

thanks again Netta.

Jo

o

Hi,
Netta won't be online for a few days, possibly 4-5. Netta's area was hit by severe wind storms that knocked out the electricity.

I'll check in each day until Netta returns. So for now, let's keep Netta's swap running smoothly!

Deb

o

Just stopped by to let y'all know that robin A is on it's way once again.
Keep a look-out Deb. It's winging it's way to you.(smiles)

DC# 0306 0320 0004 0374 0147

have a great day everyone

Jo

o

Update~ Robin A is headed to~ A7 - fairydancer: Deb

Robin B~ B7 - momcat: Deb
***Copied info***
Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0003 6007 6506

Your item was delivered at 10:01 AM on December 14, 2006 in *********.
Deb (Momcat),
Please post and let us know the robin made it. Also, post the DC# when it goes back out.

Thanks,
Deb

o

Hey ladies....I'm back and fine! Got the power back on a little over an hour ago and just had to take a shower since I haven't had one in three days....feeling human now! Glad to see that things are going well here!

Netta

o

Momcat (Deb) emailed me to let us know that while she is having difficulty logging on to GW, she did recieve the Robin and has mailed it out! It should be to Debbya's house by the middle of the week.

She didn't give me a DC#, but this is the record of the one from her snail mail that I have (0306 0320 0004 0367 7351). She mailed the package today since her PO is open Sundays this month so if she used the DC# that I gave her, it should show up in the system by tomorrow.

Let us knwo when you get it Debbya!

Netta

o

Dearest Netta-
What a gem you are! I got my little envie end of last week, and just love your creativity! Thank you so much for being such a lovely hostess!

o

Robin A has landed. I've taken a few packs and am adding about 30 new packs - all different and all NAMED!

I'll be getting the pack finished up within the next day or two. I'll post again when the robin takes flight.

Deb
fairydancer

o

Robin B has landed! There were 63 packs of seed in there, and I added 10, total 73 packs!

Netta,
Thanks so much for organizing such a fun robin!
The package is sealed and ready to go to Michelle.

I'll post the delivery conf # in the morning, when the package goes out!

Deb

o

To all of the players who are still waiting: PLEASE remember that this Robin is for named cultivars only! "Purple coneflowers" or "Calendula mix" are not named cultivars, whereas "Coneflower - Razzmatazz" and "Calendula - Citrus Cocktail" are.

I have now gotten two complaints from players that a large portion of the seed packs in the Robins are UNNAMED! Since I have gone above and beyond to make this an extra special Robin, I have to admit that I do not appreciate the breaking of the rules which specifically state NAMED CULTIVARS ONLY! It is unfair to the other players who are expecting to find a great selection of named varieties, only to be disappointed because someone earlier in the line didn't care to play by the rules.

Therefore, I ask that all players who have yet to recieve the Robins play by the rules and include NAMED CULTIVARS ONLY! When the Robins get back home, if there are not enough named packs to sustain the Robins for another round, I may have to cancel Round 2. And if there are enough to make Round 2 a go...I will most definitely be removing the unnamed packs!

So thank you to all of the players who played by the rules and all of those who will continue to play by the rules!

Netta

o

Netta,
Robin B has the same problem.

Deb

o

The FLIGHT PATHS as they now currently stand:

A8 - zabecc: Elizabeth
A9 - mmqcgdygg: Tina

So the Robins are moving along nicely!

Wendeyzee & Galium - Watch for your snail mails!

o

hello
I will be out of town till friday night, I will try to get it out in saturdays mail, if it gets here in time.
I will try to weed out the unknamed, I'll pick through my privat stash and make up packets from my cammercial seed to replace the unamed seeds. I would like to do anything I can to keep the robin going, to all that fallow me please do the same, I don't want netta to have to stop the robin. she has done so much, lets try to help out.
thanks michelle

o

Michelle,
The robin was mailed out today, by priority. I was originally sending it by first class, but it's too heavy. USPS # 0306 0320 0004 0374 0321.
It should arrive in a day or two at the most. There were many seeds that fell under the catagory of "un-named".. I tried to weed out most of those seeds, but I'm sure there are a few packs still in there that I missed Examples--Moss roses, mixed colors. Snapdragons-Tall, etc.

Deb

o

hi
thanks deb, I'll try to take care of the rest of the unamed thanks for taking some yourself.
sorry I wont be able to send it out till sat. we are going to st louis to pick up my brother in law at the airport, it is only a two hr drive but we like to stay over night and do some shopping when we are there.
happy hollidays and merry christmas to everyone
michelle

o

Thanks everybody! And

Netta

o

Robin A was mailed this morning to Elizabeth - zabecc

confirmation # 03060320000403740260

Happy Holidays to everyone.

Deb
fairydancer

o

yay, i can't wait to get this robin, just in time for christmas, needless to say, once I get it, i won't be able to mail it back out until Tuesday or Wednesday.
Happy Holidays All!!!
-Elizabeth

o

hello
the robin did not get here yesterday so I will be unable to get it out till next week, my mail get here after 3pm normaly, so there is no point in sending till tuesday.
I hope everyone has a merry christmas.
michelle
ps after going to st. louis and staying overnight to pick-up my brother-in-law the fly't was canceled. so we have to go back on christmas eve "blech"

o

Netta, I'll be looking for the Snail Mail... Hope there are plenty of named cultivars left. I'm getting excited.
Merry Christmas,
Mariann

o

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season, may the gifts of the season bring happiness to you and your family and many blessings for the New Year!!!!

Deanie

o

Deb

o

hello
robin b just got here, I have taken out all remaining unamed seeds, deb got most of them (thanks). I'll go through the seeds and send it back out on tuesday.
merry christmas everyone
michelle

o

hello
I servived christmas, now for the clean up.
I sent the robin off this morning, look out patricia.
All 75 packs are named, I added many extras.
thanks netta for hosting
michelle

o

Wendeyzee, Galium, Threeshyacres, Mich245, Dizzydaffodil, Penguu....Please watch for your snail mails and let me know when you get them!

Wendey and Mariann...I know I said I was mailing yours out a few days ago, but they ended up going out today with the others listed above!

o

Hi Netta, I'll be on the look out and let you know!!
I'm getting so excited, I have some wonderful named varieties just waiting for that robin to get here ;-D
Wendey

o

Thanks, Michelle, I am ready and waiting. You and Deb were great to get the robin back in shape, and I'll add some extras too.
Patricia

o

I just got back from Christmas at my parents and Robin A was here. I will go through it tonight and get it in the mail tomorrow. Iwill post CD# as soon as I get it out.
Happy Holiday all!
-Elizabeth

o

I'm next! I'm next!!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Tina, the Robin A is on it's way to you via priority mail, delivery confirmation # 03060320000403740314
I took out 23 named packets that I'm super excited about and added 40 more named packets.
FOR EVERYONE'S KNOWLEDGE:
***IMPORTANT MESSAGE***
There are 98 named seed packets in the Robin.
In a seperate baggy, there are 35 UNNAMED seed packets, that I seperated out from the named ones... just for everyone else's convenience. For Netta's sake, and everyone else who is expecting ONLY NAMED SEEDS, please don't add any more unnamed seeds. There are many general "mixes" that are not named. Also, people keep thinking that the 'common name' for the seed is the "named variety" so please look up your seeds before hand if you're not sure. For example: Gaillardia, the common name can be Indian Blanket... that is NOT the named variety. Some people are also using the latin name and thinking that those are the specific variety. So please be certain of what you are putting in, out of respect for the rest of the players. THANK YOU!!! ***
Thank you Netta for a WONDERFUL robin :D
-Elizabeth (zabecc)

o

IMPORTANT: Ladies, it is with great regret that I am going to cancel Round 2 of this Robin. I have familial obligations that are much more important and need to be taken care of right now. Maybe later in the year, I can reorganize all of you for a second round, but that will have to wait. I apologize to those of you who were looking forward to this, but there is nothing more important to me than my family. I hope you all understand!

Lots of Love,
Netta

o

Family comes first always. Our thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
-Elizabeth

o

I don't want anybody to think that there is anything grave or possibly tragic going on. It's more a matter of my father is old enough to be unable to do many things (but don't tell him that) and so my familial obligations are more or less going to involve a lot of heavy grunt work, blood, sweat, and tears. Cause if I don't go help that stubborn goat will literally kill himself trying to do it all by himself. And since he's retired and my mother is supporting them by herself, they can't afford to hire out for the major projects that need to be done - like replacing the roof. So if you are going to think of anybody, think of me and pray that I don't smash my thumb with a hammer or break a leg by falling off a ladder! LOL

Hugs,
Netta

o

I got Robin A in last night's mail, and it's back on its way this morning to Wendey. I took 9, added 11, took 2 or 3 unnamed (did not replace those), found a pretty Christmas doily (thank you to the person that added that!), put in some fun things, and sent it off.

DC # is 0306 0320 0000 6753 4076

disclaimer: because I have such a dinky post office, and because I left my half of the original DC at home, I had to put a new one on the pkg and get it hand-stamped. It will not be scanned into the system because we don't have a scanner. Not sure if it will get scanned once it hits the main PO in Portsmouth or not. (Nice new BUILDING a couple years ago, but no scanner to go with. Things that make you go: "hmmmm.")
Thanks, netta, for a great Robin!

o

Netta,
I received your snail mail today. You certainly go out of your way with personal touches. Loved everything in the envelope.
I was dealing with a mountain of paper work for my dad through the spring and summer. I know how difficult it can be juggling the responsibilities. You will be in my thoughts.
Mariann

o

Robin B arrived in Goldthwaite, TX yesterday and is already on its way to Sue in Arizona. The DC# is 03060320000403740277.

I took 12 packets and added 23. There are still lots of generic seeds in the robin, but I left them.

Patricia

o

Hi Netta, rec'd my snail mail today - thank you SO MUCH for the lovely personal touches you put into this RR! I will certainly enjoy my gifts!
Susann

o

hi
I don't understand about there still being lots of generic seeds in robin B, there were not any seeds marked just "cosmos" or "red hollyhocks". I don't know a lot about plants but each pack had names, maybe they were botanical names ( I am very bad with these) I put in about 40 packets and only took 15, and many of these were comercial.
I'm sorry there wont be a round 2 but I put in all my extra seeds anyway.
happy new year everyone
michelle

o

Michelle, I think a lot of people must be confused about what "named" variety means. Here are some examples of unnamed seeds that were in Robin B when I received it:

Liatris spicata blazing star (4 packets)
Celosia spicata flamingo feather (2 packets)
Gloriosa daisy
Cypress vine - Ipomoea quamoclit
Shasta daisy
Babys breath - Gypsophila
Catananche - Cupid's dart

There was one packet of double red hollyhocks that had a sheet fastened to it showing a named variety but the packet just said "red double hollyhocks." I took a few seeds and sent the packet on. They will be pretty named or not.

There's nothing wrong with unnamed seeds. However, for this robin Netta specified named varieties only. I left the unnamed seeds in as I had all of them already and thought someone else might use them.

I use Google when I am not sure if I have named seeds or just seeds with a common name I am not familiar with. If someone puts quotation marks around a common name, the next recipient might be misled and think she has a named variety. Some plants like liatris have many common names: blazing star, gayfeather, Kansas gayfeather, button snakeroot, snakeroot.

There are lots of named seeds still in the robin, and I hope all the remaining participants find seeds they will enjoy growing.

Happy New Year and Happy Gardening to everyone!

Patricia

o

And in adding just a bit to that....the following ARE named varieties of Liatris/Blazing Star: "Kobold", "Floristan White", "Floristan Violet", and "Snow White".

A quick trick is to go to this Davesgarden.com and do a search using the genus and species (ie: liatris and spicata respectively)....this will not only show you all the common names, but it will have most if not all of the known cultivars in quotes. And non members (like me) can do up to 10 free searches a day. Hope that helps anybody.

Patricia - celosia spicata "flamingo feather" is a named cultivar. If you were thinking Prince's Feather...this is a common name.

A cultivar of Cypress Vine is "Rose Feather".
Some Cultivars of Gloriosa Daisy are "Irish Eyes", "Cherokee Sunset", and "Prairie Sun".
Some cultivars of Cupid's Dart are "Amor White", "Amor Blue", "Bicolor", and "Major".
Some cultivars of Shasta Daisy are "Fluffy", "Alaska", and "Silver Princess".
Some cultivars of Babysbreath are "Convent Garden", "Festival White", "Gypsy Deep Rose".

I hope that these specific examples will help out anybody else who might be unsure.

Thanks - Netta

o

Hi All,
Just wanted to say as the last person to get Robin B before it flies back to Netta - I will not be disappointed whether there are named or not-named in the envelope, although I do understand the purpose of this Robin. As long as there are some neat named varieties mixed in all will be good :-). I am just excited that it's finally getting around to me!!! Woohooooo!!!!!

o

Happy New Year's Eve fellow gardeners!

I, like nightnurse,(whom I see used to be from good ole Louisiana) am the last person (on Robin A) before it goes back to Netta. Our wonderful Netta has worked so hard putting all of this together and keeping everything on track and I am sure that you agree with me when I say we are totally greatful. I must also say that I agree with nightnurse and understand the purpose of the Robin. I also want to add that I am rarely disapointed with the usual (or unusual) variety that is generously included in the robins by my fellow gardeners. Having said that, I NOW need to go back through what I had planned to add when the RR gets to me, because I am afraid that some of the packets I THOUGHT were NAMED may not be!!! GardenWeb continues to educate me. For that I am very grateful. Have a safe and wonderful Holiday! I am looking forward to Netta hosting many more of these fantastic robins for us! Brenda

o

hello
thanks for some of the names, the shasta daisy should be "becky" if it is not marked I just forgot. I thought blazing star was a named cult. I learn something new all the time.
thanks again netta
michelle

o

I expect I'll receive Robin B on Wednesday (post office is closed on Tuesday). I have some nice named seeds to contribute and I'm looking forward to receiving it.

o

Hi Netta and fellow gardeners,

I received my snail mail package in the mail on Saturday, and was tickled to receive everything in my favorite color...RED! Thanks so much, Netta! I can only imagine how organized and detail-oriented you are in your day to day life. So, that is gonna be one fine roof your dad will end up getting....very well-crafted and done in his favorite colors, I'd assume. : )

Anyway, this is fun, and thanks for the added tips on sending the correct seeds.

Have a great New Year's!
Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'

o

Hi MiMi!!! *waving* Where ya from? I grew up in Alexandria, but both of my parents are from a little farther south in Port Barre, which is about 20 mins north of Lafayette. Sorry to hear of your Katrina losses. I was out here when it happened and cried for days because, of all things, I wanted to be there. Silly I know when there was so much destruction and chaos, but I just felt like I could have helped somehow! Hope you were able to replace some of your plants.

o

Wendey- That DC is still not showing as logged into the system. I'd look for the pkg today or tomorrow, though.

All- It's of no matter now, but I'll be sure to use the Concord PO from now on. They have a scanner there.

o

Hi, just checkin in, we wont be having any mail delivery service today, all fed agencys are closed today in rememberence of the late President Gerald Ford.
I'll check back again tomorrow.
Wishing you all A beautiful New Year!
Wendey

o

USPS says Robin B arrived in Phoenix at 11:01 this morning. Hope it gets to you tomorrow, Sue!

o

Flight Paths as of today:

o

Hi, no robin today, the mailman just left!!

Netta, I got your snail mail today and you are awesome!!
What a very SWEET, THOUGHTFUL and BEAUTIFUL thing to do, Thank you soooooo much :-D
Wendey

o

I get off work in about an hour - I'm sure the robin should be at my house - can't wait!

o

Hi! It arrived! I took 5 packs of seeds and added 16 packs. I didn't take any of the gifts but added a couple. It will be on it's way tomorrow to Susann and I will use the label and delivery confirmation provided by Nettasaura.

Thanks again for such a well organized robin!

Sue G.

o

Ok, it's on it's way to Susann
Conf #0306 0320 0004 0374 0123

o

Hi, The robin has finally landed!! Wow what a fabulous selection, I'm having a great time with this one, everyones contributions are really great but I will give extra cudos to Elizabeth (zabecc) who added a BUNCH of great seeds, also to Lisa (simplylisa) for the wonderful veggie selections.
I'll post back tomorrow with the DC#.
Wendey :-D

o

I'm next-Yipee!!!

o

Thank you Wendey, that was sweet. I hope you found something that you wanted!!!
-Elizabeth

o

Hi, The robin is on the fly to Mariann, DC# 03061070000511858814.

Netta just in case you recorded the DC# you sent me and this one is different its because I forgot the other half at home and the post man said it needed to officially stamped so I had him put a new one on the package. I would like to thank you and say you are a GEM of a hostess, for all of your organization and the thoughtful personal touches to create a most enjoyable time was really appreciated :-D

I took out 34 pkts of seeds most of which was named and a couple of unnamed also and I put back in 40 pkts all varieties that werent in there and are named.

Elizabeth, yes indeedy, I sure did find a few of yours that I wanted but really thought it was worth mentioning that you were so generous!
Wendey

o

I'll be on the lookout..
Mariann

o

Hi Netta & all,
I rec'd RR-B today!! I've been having fun going through it. Quite a few things I had to look up - that's always interesting!
I ended up taking out 20 packets I can use (named & not) & put in about 25 (ALL NAMED cultivars). There were around 4 packets of Granpa Ott MG already there, so I put in different ones ;) as well as alyssum, some veggies, heucheras, peppers, 4 oclocks, sweet peas, on & on & such & such. Netta, I hope there are good things still there when it gets back to you.
I also took a gift (this soap smells divine) & put in a couple more lightweight things.
It will go to penguu : Kerry on Monday. I'll post del. confirmation after I send it.
Netta, thank you so much for a wonderful RR - you put so much work into this and I really appreciate it.
Susann

o

Susann,
If it's Lemon Verbena soap, I made it. I added several lightweight soaps (Sun shaped/flat) to the package. The entire house smells wonderful after I make a soap batch!

I'm glad to see the robin moving so quickly!

Deb

o

Deb, It IS! And I can only imagine the fragrance of this in the making! You done good! Hmmm.... I may have to find something to trade with you for more of this soap (love the lilac/purple color - matches the guest bath). Thank you for including them!
Susann

o

Bogartbaby, Mimib1, Mallowmallow, Nightnurse1968.....watch for your snail mails....they are going out Monday morning....let me know when you get them!

Flight Paths as of today!:

o

Robin A has landed. I'll go through it and post again tomorrow.
Mariann

o

Heads up penguu: Kerry!!! RR B was sent Priority mail today!!
Delivery confirmation number is 0103 855 7499 5225 1946 I made sure it was scanned into the system.

Netta, thank you so much for making this a very special RR. The extra efforts and special touches you put into this are so appreciated.
Susann

Here is a link that might be useful: Track & Confirm USPS

o

Robin A was Priority Mailed this morning to Jodi-threeshadyacres. DC# 0306 0320 0004 0367 7306.

I took 4 pkts of named seeds and 1 pkt unnamed. I added 7 pkts. of named seeds.

Netta, thanks so much for all the time you spent putting this robin together.

Mariann

o

So sorry, I missed a number!!

0103 8555 7499 5225 1946

o

Netta! Got my snail mail today. Thank you sooooooo much for the wonderful little treasures. I just love them. :-) You were so sweet to go the extra mile for us. I am excited also because it means that the Robin is getting close to me!!!!! Thanks again. Your a peach :-)

o

Robin B has landed~ That lemon verbena soap looks so cute! (Deb, how did you extract the lemon verbena-ness from the lemon verbena?) I've a mind to make some soaps with my scented geraniums.

Last but not least, thanks netta for all the hard work that made this robin possible!

I'm mailing it out tomorrow~ Pam, watch your mail~~~

o

Hello Netta and fellow gardeners,
I received the package of seeds today, but wasn't able to go through it until this evening. Let me tell you, I had such FUN going through it....about an hours worth of picking, choosing, and restocking. I must have chosen well over thirty seeds and replenished the envelope. If all goes well, I should be able to get this to the post office tomorrow.
There were some really great named seeds in there...and I am so pleased. Thanks to all!
Sincerely,
Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'

o

Flight Plan as of tonight:

o

Penguu,
I purchased a Lemon Verbena oil that I added to the soap, specifically made for soapmaking.

Deb

o

lemon verbena..wow my favorite..hope theres some left..ok well seems tuesday will be the day...
pam

o

Deb:
I guess I'll have to find out how to extract oil from my lemon verbena before I can turn them into soaps and lotions~~~

Pam:
Shame on me, I forgot to post the tracking number...Here it is:
0306 0320 0004 0374 0208

o

Hi Netta and fellow gardeners,
I just sent the box of seed goodies on to Christina.
The confirmation number is: 0306 0320 0004 0367 7337.

I very much enjoyed going through this box, and I hope that I added some tantalizing seeds for those getting it next. Enjoy!

Jodi B.
'ThreeShyAcres'

o

Hi Netta, I received your snail mail today. Thank you so much I just love it, you are so talented and I was really surprised.This means that the robin is not far behind :)
I will post as soon as it lands here.

o

Netta, I received my snail mail today and wanted to tell you that you are just too talented!!! Not to mention generous. Thanks so much! It is a pleasure to participate in your robin.

o

this robin has arrived today and i will post when it is off..we are having bad weather with snow and ice.
pam

o

hi
i took out ten packs and added fourteen took one goodie and replaced it with something else

thanks to lonetta for a well organized robin!

its on its way to susan...enjoy!

pam
mallowmallow

dc 0306 0320 0004 0374 0239

o

Flight Paths as of today:

o

It made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have time last night to go through it, but will do my picking and replacing today and put it in the mail on Monday. Love the soap and don't you worry Netta there is some left for you too :-). The anticipation building up to receiving the package has been exciting and in a couple of days Robin B will have landed back at the nest :-). I will post when it goes in the mail. Thanks Pam for your additions and for the email!!!

o

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in posting, but the bad weather we had on Thursday kept me from getting Robin A back out when I wanted to. I got it mailed Saturday morning, so you should have it by Tuesday bogartbaby. Here's the DC#:
0306 0320 0004 0374 0185
I took, and added back, 13 packs. There is a lot of very nice items in this robin, it took a while to decide what I wanted.
Thanks, Netta.
Christina

o

Robin B is heading home! I took 15 and replaced them plus 5 more. I had to take some of that yummy soap! Shipped Priority Mail and sorry Netta but I used my own Delivery Confirmation because I bought my postage online or it might not have gotten out of here this week! The Number is 0103 8555 7499 3545 8577. It doesn't have far to go, so should be there in a day or two. Thanks for a great trade!
Susan

o

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

o

Robin A landid here last night and it will be taking the next flight out this morning. I took out two and put in five seed packs. Brenda, get ready it's flying your way with a little surprise in it for you. Hope you enjoy it.
I will post as soon as I get back from the post office.

o

Here is the DC# 0306 0320 0004 0374 0246
Brenda, look out for the fat robin that's coming your way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here