Debra Andruska
17 years ago

The other thread was too long. Please post here~

Deb

Comments (127)

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

REMY - SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME NOW! YAY! OMG! I cant believe I forgot the Polish Pottery set! It's on the dining room table. the butter dish and S&P set are wonderful colors! I keep telling DH when we paint the kitchen thats what i want - the goldish color and cobalt blue!
    You have a regular size envie coming your way - with the recipe I forgot to put in your box.
    Your package left this morning
    DC# 0306 1070 0001 9493 7691

DEBBY - Hostess gift for this and Garden Decorating is on the way DC # 0306 1070 0001 9493 7745

CAROL - Have sent you little box of couple of things for our Emergency stash!

U 3 please post when you get your boxes!

~Kimberly

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies hope everyone is having a nice relaxing evening...
    I have a confirmation number for Char,#0301 0120 0003 0836 5718
    and Deb,#0300 6000 0000 9316 0529
    wow so much news here!
    Remy, I am glad you are at home and recovering nicely... and good for you being smoke free for a year!
    Shirley I hear you about the starting young smoking...my dad started as an 8 year old during the Great Depression, he says all the kids in the neighborhood smoked and their parents looked the other way because it cut the hunger, they were getting one meal a day...he tried many times to quit as an adult. Of course then he had 9 kids so then there is the stress factor!
    Carol, the puppies are adorable I love the markings on the one babies back looks like two patches...
    Tina I have remodeling envy! Doing a lot of carpentry on my own here this week, hanging two doors and fixing drywall...the drywall went well, I am quite proud of myself cause the estimate was $200. then LATER THAT SAME DAY, not one but two shutters fell off in the winds this week aaarghh. Hmmm where did I put that masonry bit??? I swear my husband must think he is still in the Navy, he is on the road all week, then thinks weekends are for conjugal visits...NOT. ;) lol.......you want to turn me on PICK UP THE DADGUM HAMMER. THE ONE WITH THE WOODEN HANDLE. 'scuse me. sorry for shouting. that felt good.
    RE: Maryanne and Mario vs. Emmitt are you o.k there Maryanne? I actually thought Mario would win he is better technically I think but Emmitt is from Pensacola so I can tell you the hometown folks here are very happy. Emmitt bought his Mom a VERY nice house here years ago cause Momma didnt want to leave the neighborhood. He does alot of charity stuff here....sorry. rambling again. Off to find my celebrex and put my feet up in that order, 'night.

• micke
    17 years ago

remy, glad you made it home and everything went well, YAY!!
    Okay admit time, I had 4 smokes today, whew, lot better then the almost a pack I normally have. I have always smoked outside on account of the kids, and the cold weather is helping me as well (to cold to stand out there!)
    the poochies went out 4 times today so as I stood out with them... *sigh* I am working on it though!
    I have quit twice, 9 months with first child (started right back up again, and then this one is big, 16 months with second child (breast fed that one) why oh why did I have to start back up again, and this time it is sooo hard.
    carol, are your babies jack russels? they are so cute! my mom has one of the long haired jack russels, man can that dog jump, she can reach my shoulder trying to get me to pick her up, so funny, when you walk in the laundry room she immediatly starts jumping up so she can see out the kitchen door window, cracks me up, all you see is her head.
    micke

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Remy,
    I'm so glad your surgery is over, and everything went well!

Carol,
    The puppies are adorable! I want the spotted one, LOL!

I received so many wonderful, thoughtful gifts from everyone this month, that I'm really overwhelmed by all
    the thoughfulness and generosity that went into each package!

Susann's package arrived, and all I can say is- WOW, what a package! I loved each and every item!

All of this came in a festive gold basket..
    4 "Twinkle" candies (that look like stained glass), Pumpkin dishtowel, potholder & mitt, Country dreams candle, Lavender Mountain Lily bulbs, desk paper, Narcissi Geramnium bulbs, a cute white lamb holding a "Days Til Christmas" blocks, taffy apple, popcorn on a cob, ice scraper mitt, blue brooche, air plant (in a gold ornament), mixed daffodil bulbs, a "Dearly Depotted" tombstone for a plant that perished, LOL! 4 copper plant markers, old fashioned Santa Salt & Pepper shakers, Very pretty sparkly windchime, mixed tulips, seeds, Alpine Rosy bells "Allium bulbs. And recipes-Ziplock omelets, Marble cheesecake brownies, mini fruitcakes, Jack Daniel's fruit cake.

Susann,
    Thank you sooooo much! What a nice package!

Susan (Givern4me) sent cute Thanksgiving stickers, Seed Thistle sak, kitchen towel set with a turkey cookie cutter. Thanks so much Susan!

Michelle sent 2 roosters and a rooster wall plaque! I collect roosters, thanks sooo much Michelle, they look so cute in my kitchen!

Anita sent 10 purple crocus bulbs. Thanks so much Anita!

Sue (Squanzon) sent 6 mixed glad bulbs, 8 giant mixed tulips, and a few Dutch Iris bulbs. Thanks so much Sue!

Deb

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies. Hope you all had a great day!

Susan/Sguanzon I Received my wonderful box today.Oh I just Love everything you sent Sue.Thanks so much!!My birds love the new birdfeeder.The necklace and bracelet are awesome.I will be wearing them to our Thanksgiving Dinner.The butterfly windchimes are really cute too.I really appreciate the seeds you sent. Along with the peat pots,fertilizer spikes and birdhouse plant stakes it looks like I am all set for wintersowing.Thanks a Bunch! I absolutely adore the Arizona Highways Magazine Too! It is so neat.Such different awesome scenery compared to the Midwest.I have looked thru it about 5 times and am already dreaming of heading South!! Maybe thats what I should use the Travel Diary you sent for.Now thats an idea!! Thanks for the Wonderful Box Sue! It is greatly appreciated : )

Remy,Glad you are home and resting : )

Oh I am still steamed that Mario lost.I won't even go there! LOL

Carol,I want to put those puppies in my pocket! CUTE!!

Micke,Quit Now.The older you get the harder it will be.I smoked for 30 years and will be smoke free 2 years next month.Hardest thing I ever did but also THE BEST thing I will probably ever do for myself.You can do it.OK no more preaching! LOL

Susan/Giverny4me and Tina,I am worn out just reading what you two have been up to with the remodeling...Pass me a Celebrex too!

Deb,I want to see pictures of Your New Monk! He has to be adorable : )

If I left anybody out please forgive me.I am all pooped out!

Have a Great rest of the night ladies.I am off to bed shortly : ) Nancy

• nyvoices99
    17 years ago

Remy,
    So glad everything went great for you:)
    Tina,
    Once again I apologize, DH had ran off with the Garden Gate magazine, I am so sorry, I wanted to kick his butt!!!! I asked him, don't you have enough to read in the bathroom????? Tina, sorry DH has one coming big time....:)Anita

• veeja11
    17 years ago

Remy, so glad you are home. My pups are jacks, I own mom and dad. or they own me, yep they jump, I call the dark pup patches. what is this celebrex drug ya all are on?Is Earthly ok? with Mario not winning. I quit smoking about 6 yrs ago it was hard because I didn't want to quit dh wanted me to, I used the inhaler it worked great then I got addicted to the gum, used it for over a year. now the smell discusts me. I have not smoked in this house so no cigg smell here. gotta go mamma dog just came out and she barks at me until I get off the computer hugs

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I almost forgot to mention that Susan (Giverny4me) also sent a yummy bag of Praline Pacans plus a few recipes! Roasted Vegetable Pecan Relish (by Emeril), Pasta with Walnuts, Pecan Praline Sauce (Justin Wilson). I can't wait to try them, thanks Susan!

Has anyone talked with Char (Faithinfrogs) lately? Char hasn't posted in awhile. I hope everything's ok..

Nancy,
    My computer crashed. I need a new hard drive. I'm on my Husband's laptop. As soon as it get's fixed (with in a few days) I'll post a pic right away. I miss my own computer!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

darn, where's my post from monday? maybe too long winded and instead of editing it, gw just deleted?

i was happy to see emmitt take it. i thought he would. mario was by far a much better dancer, but all signs pointed to emmitt. he exuded class. i would have been happy for either to win, but applauded loudly when they annouce emmitt and cheryl. i think she is tops as a dancer/teacher. what a fantastic show -- so entertaining. look forward to see who they will choose for the next season.

the 80's party was an absolute hit. it was so much fun. the whole theme was movies from the 80's and there was even a red carpet with "paparazzi". everyone came dressed in 80's style, the hall was decorated to the nines, what a blast. so much work went into it and it was just great.

remy, sending positive thoughts and well wishes to you. i'm sure you are so thankful that this is the last operation. seriously wish i lived closer to hang out and help ya.

i've been canning up a storm. today i made a citrus marmalade (experiment) and persimmon jam.

carol, the pups are so sweet. what is it you do to their tails and why? and by the way, head on...wouldn't waste my money according to the report i saw.

laura, happy birthday, hope it was a great one. greetings would have been timely had my previous post gone through. i had hoped my box would have been there before now.

i'm a reformed smoker. going on two years now. they were literally killing me. my health just went through a rapid downhill spiral so i just stopped. no patch, no weaning, no classes. it was the absolute best thing i could have ever done and i can't believe for all those years i stunk from them. i always knew cigs smelled, but as a smoker you just don't know how bad it really is. i can't stand to be around it.

we had torrential rains and such strong winds today, although the temperature was mild. what a strange fall this has been. well, i add spring and summer to that as well. weather, it's just too strange anymore.

susan, how is your son doing?

deb, looks like you are getting some wonderful hostess gifts.

tina, still waiting to see pup pix. remodeling sounds great.

can you believe thanksgiving is next week? where did this year go? my plants just don't know how to act and i certainly hope this does not interfer with the dormant times bulbs are supposed to go through, because everything is coming up again.

one of my dogs was so sick. two days she never moved off my bed. came home from running some errands to a smelly, disgusting mess. at least most of it hit a tiled floor and an area rug. she's finally feeling better today, actualyl ate, drank and moved around a bit.

oh shirley, that cake is scarey. it came out great. i would imagine it was a big hit. i remember years ago at a garden party, a woman made a cake in a large terra cotta flower pot and the top looked like dirt. it was tasty, but you have to wonder when you first look at it. i do in fact love tootsie rolls so i have to keep that image out of my mind the next time i eat one!

i took cuttings from both a green and a black sweet potato vine this year, rooted them and now they are growing as a houseplant. i'll transplant them outside next season. i wasn't sure this would work, but so far, so good.

hello to everyone one else. it's late, perhaps i should get some sleep.

be well,
    maryanne

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I'm more awake today, so typing this is a lot easier, lol! The hard part now will be keeping myself from doing stuff! At least there is no gardening to do.
    I am surprised of so many ex-smokers/smokers in the group! A bunch of crazy rebel teenagers we all must of been, lol. Michelle, keep trying. You want to be healthy for the kids: )
    Ok, now, who does not get horticulture and wants to get it for a year free? I have a thing for 2 free subscriptions if I renew mine. I already gave my sis-in-law and gardening cousin free ones before, so I have no one to give to this year. I figure the fair way to do this is to email me in the next couple days if your interested. Then I can draw two names.

Tina,
    I hope you are taking before and after pics! It sounds so nice.

Kim,
    LOL! you forgot the recipe too. I'm so glad you like the pottery set.

Susan,
    You are too funny! "You want to turn me on..." I feel the same way, lol.
    Is your father an insane saver of odd things like tin foil or plastic bags? My grandmother drives me nuts with the saving things. I realize it is from living through the depression, but one time I threw out a plastic grocery bag and I thought she was going kill me, lol.

Carol,
    Lol, about the momma dog barking at you! My one dog gets excited when he hears the computer shut off.

Maryanne,
    I wish you were close enough to stop by too. Oh, I am so happy that this is almost all over with!
    Those jams sound awful good! If the marmalade comes out good, please send me the recipe. I buy lots of citrus fruit when I visit my father.
    The party sounds like it was so much fun! It is great when everyone gets into the theme for a party.
    Sorry to hear about your doggie. One time my doberman ate a whole huge stick of pepperoni, not the little stick but those big ones you can only buy at an Italian market. I don't think I need to say anymore, lol.
    Remy

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Update--

2 didn't receive boxes yet as of 11/17.

Laura (In the above post I read that Marianne mailed out the package)

Susan (Giverny4me)

Susie or Carol,
    Has either of you heard from Char (faithinfrogs)?

Deb

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hi Deb, I'm SO glad you got your box. I had a good time picking out stuff for it, so I'm happy you liked the goodies. Isn't that Dearly Depotted thing a hoot?! This weekend I'll get your hostess gift on it's way.

Hey Remy, you "sound" much more put-together today. Glad you're doing so well. My DH made me quit washing out & saving ziploc bags - said it made him feel really poor to see them drying around the kitchen. LOL! Heck, I grew up doing things like that - got it from Mamaw & Momma. It was really tough to stop - ummmm, saving those twist tie things & the big rubber bands doesn't count, does it?

I really admire you gals that have managed to get & stay smoke free. It is NOT easy to do. Guess I'm still "rebelling" as I haven't managed to kick the habit yet. I'll work on it. I know I'd feel better physically if I quit. And I DO know about the smell - *gag* Doesn't help that DH smokes (much more than I do) and I really hate the smell on him.
    Remy, Seeing as I need all the "culture" I can scrape together, please put me on your horti-culture subscription list? LOL!
    Y'all have a good day,
    Susann

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

Well, since we are all coming clean here, I have been trying to quit smoking for 4 years now. I started when I was 13 years old. I have quit 4 times. Once with each child, and once because I was so sick I couldn't smoke. Why I ever started back each and every time is beyond me. That is bsically what killed my dad. The day we burried him I vowed to quit, but I am still struggling.
    About the smell - I am always SO fearful that the packages I send out will stink of cigarette smoke. I always squirt a shot of Frebreeze (sp?) in each box to kill the odor if I am sending something fabric wise that will forever carry that stinch.

Happy Belated Bithday Laura! I am so sorry I am so late!

Anita - LoL at you. Heym atleast DH has good taste ;-)
    He has to right!!!! He married you :-)

Sending good thoughts and well wishes for all who needs them. I know a few of us are having some health problems and some of our family are sick as well. You all will be in my thoughts.

To everyone else - Glad to read all your posts. This is such a fun group.

Hugs to all!
    Tina

• llbean
    17 years ago

Maryanne~
    Got the package today and I will comment more on the contents for everyone once I can get a pic. I just have to say a HUGE Thanks though.. YOu really didn't have to do all that.. Misu loved the toy and Max took the apple before I could get it.. He almost got the coffee too, because he loves Ghirardelli. Can you believe my three year old knows what that is.. Well it's probably because it is my FAVORITE.. Mark's family is from Calif. and Ghirardelli is right in San Francisco.. So his mother usually sends me some for my b-day, but not this year :(
    Just wondering if ou got my email as I didn't hear back from you.. Thought maybe you got lost in the 80's.

I will try and post tomorrow, but I am up to my eyeballs in trying to paint.. Ahhh trying being the key word..

Laura

• raggedyann161420
    17 years ago

Good Morning all,

Oh Carol, such cute babies.

Remy, I was reading to find out you had surgery, I sure hope you are feeling better.

Sounds like everyone is getting great packages.

We went to Springfield Thursday, and the specilist, had some more exrays, blood tests, breathing tests, etc. He came in and ask us if we had ever heard of "Sarcoidosis". He is thinking it might be this instead of lymphoma. We will know more when we go to Memorial Hospital on Tues for the biopsy.

I've not smoked sinch 91, but my hubby has a hard time with quitting. He goes outside to smoke, but it still follows him inside.

I think I will go back to bed for a while,
    LIFE IS GOOD,
    {{gwi:26777}}

• micke
    17 years ago

Well they sent my Uncle 'home' (to his nursing home) we got hospice involved, you would not believe the way they treated him at the hospital, one nurse told mom in the room with him right there that he would not last much longer, then the next morning there was a couple of "doomsday" (what my mom called 'em) nurses in there messing with him, the doctor comes in and says "well you are doing much better today" he turns to my mom and says "well am I going to die or aren't I?"
    I asked mom why he just couldn't go back to the nursing home where he is comfortable? so she got on it and he is sooo much happier, at the hospital they would come in and give him these breathing treatments and it would take him a hour to get settled back down, this is much better and I feel a lot better knowing he is close to mom (rough on her too as she was spending the nights at the hospital, plus trying to juggle her own doctor appointments)

remy, hey I would love to get that mag if there is any left.
    does anyone get birds and blooms or birds and blooms extra? I just love those magazines they are my fav!!
    I only get the regular birds and blooms now, but I am pushing hubby to let me get both when my subscription runs out, hey he gets a mustang mag that costs almost 30.00 a year, both mags for me run less then that! he says he has to get it so he can order parts out of there, yeah right! if he wanted to do just that he could pick up one issue at the store, maybe I need to tell him I need the mags so I can order plants out of it, of course then he would look out the window and tell me he's pretty sure I have reached my quota per yard space, NEVER!! I want to be able to say proudly that I do not ever have to mow again :)
    michelle

• micke
    17 years ago

Well they sent my Uncle 'home' (to his nursing home) we got hospice involved, you would not believe the way they treated him at the hospital, one nurse told mom in the room with him right there that he would not last much longer, then the next morning there was a couple of "doomsday" (what my mom called 'em) nurses in there messing with him, the doctor comes in and says "well you are doing much better today" he turns to my mom and says "well am I going to die or aren't I?"
    I asked mom why he just couldn't go back to the nursing home where he is comfortable? so she got on it and he is sooo much happier, at the hospital they would come in and give him these breathing treatments and it would take him a hour to get settled back down, this is much better and I feel a lot better knowing he is close to mom (rough on her too as she was spending the nights at the hospital, plus trying to juggle her own doctor appointments)

remy, hey I would love to get that mag if there is any left.
    does anyone get birds and blooms or birds and blooms extra? I just love those magazines they are my fav!!
    I only get the regular birds and blooms now, but I am pushing hubby to let me get both when my subscription runs out, hey he gets a mustang mag that costs almost 30.00 a year, both mags for me run less then that! he says he has to get it so he can order parts out of there, yeah right! if he wanted to do just that he could pick up one issue at the store, maybe I need to tell him I need the mags so I can order plants out of it, of course then he would look out the window and tell me he's pretty sure I have reached my quota per yard space, NEVER!! I want to be able to say proudly that I do not ever have to mow again :)
    michelle

• skohler
    17 years ago

Hi Ladies
    remy glad your more alert & feeling better also we hope :) .

mickie: prayers with you & your family its always sad to loose a Family member but just knowing he is not alone
    will be much comfort to him ..

Annie : we will also keep you & your family in our prayers also .

carol I want "tippy" the one with the brown spot on the tail :)) :))

Well My Dressing is made ,& Turkey ready for the oven , cranberry salad fixed , so just taking a break , then I have to go pop my pies in the oven yet .

we are haven our turkey Diner tomorrow for I will be going with friends on weds to their place up north &
    will spend thanksgiven with them & be back late friday .

daddy will be going with my brother to their home for another thanks giving .
    well off to read my mail & then back to the kitchen .
    have a great day to all :))
    susie

• veeja11
    17 years ago

I received more hats from beth, plus two gifts and 1.00 for the emergency boxes, also got a plant gift certificate from giveeverythingtome. Thankyou ladies, I am off to a good emergency box start, if not needed they will be raffled off next november, to give someone a headstart on their gifts for the new yearSusie Tippy can be yours for 500.00 plus you need to come to seattle. usually friends are half price. they sure are getting fat, 10 dinner spots and 2 pupsMaryanne glad you and bubba are ok that Mario didn't win. I didn't want him to win he looks like my first husband, the mean one, gave me 5 kids 2 broken ribs and a broken nose. sure got a winner on number 2.darn dog won't stop barking at me,then jumps on my arm, dosen't like me on the computer gotta go hugs

• skohler
    17 years ago

ladies GRRRRR Big problems tonights Had to go get new
    computor & I have lots to learn on this .
    My other one with all your information on it is capoop
    sorry I have No email addesses on his at all except for
    sandlapper emailed me & I cannot get my reply button
    to work :(( Please be patient with me till I learn how this thingy works .

Before I can do anything I need to get my virus protection put in .
    just wanted to let you all know as soon as I get things updated & working I will let you know .

everyone will have to email a note so I can get your addys back in .

have a great night all . sandlapper as soon as I can type a letter out to you I will :))

susie

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    Gary just drew the names out of the bowl for me, and the winners of the free subscriptions are..... Julie and Michelle!!! Sorry to those of you who didn't win. Maybe they will have another offer later on.
    I am going stir crazy already, lol. I can't do much of anything, and it is crummy outside. Gary is going to wash my hair today, so that will be an adventure!

Susie,
    Now your computer! You are the third one down in this group recently. I hope you have made sense of the new one. I know you're busy with the food too. But having an early Thanksgiving is always a yummy idea: ) Try to relax and have fun!

Susann,
    I do have to admit I too save things that I really don't need to, lol. I don't wash baggies, but I do reuse them for plant trades. I have drawn the line at saving tinfoil!

Michelle,
    That's just horrible about your uncle! Good thing you got hospice involved so quickly. When my mother was ill, she was able to actually come home and be in a hospital bed with the hospice nurses visiting. My brothers and step-father could move her and all so she didn't need to be at hospice. She died peacefully in her sleep. Much better than being in the hospital hooked up to stuff.

Laura,
    What are you painting? Are you doing a remodeling project like Tina? I would love to see pics.

Oh, and I am going to get a new camera for Christmas! I will be able to take close ups next year that don't wash out. Yea!
    Speaking of pics, WHERE ARE THE VISOR PICS?!
    Carol, are you getting the killer dog out? lol.
    Oh, and I forgot about sending you stuff for the emergency box! Please let me know if you need more to make a decent box.

Tina,
    How is the remodel going? Where's the pic of the doggies?

Annie,
    I looked up that Sarcoidosis. I never heard of it before. It sound like it would be a better diagnosis, no? Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will turn out good.

I hope everyone that hasn't posted lately is just crazy busy and all is well!
    Remy

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Hey there all. It's been awhile since I posted and don't have time right at the moment to read all the postings but I wanted just to check in and say Hi. Susan (giverny4me) I recieved your box and WOW WOW WOW It's filled to the brim with all sorts of goodies. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I recieved a horn basket with Thanksgiving napkins for my table setting for the feast. I got a huge statue frog that will fit right in in my collection plus a frog necklace for your keys, a pen or whatever I choose to connect to it. It will get much use from it. I got a bag of goodies with munchies enclosed that included shortbread fingers...nummy, I like those...Dove chocolates in a basket decorated for turkey day too... plus Praline Pecans... I absolutely love candied nuts so this was a strong temptation I had to stop myself from keeping the whole bag for mumwa...ME... Then there was a baggie filled with 10 DIFFERENT little baggies of seeds. If I'm forgeting anything Susan I apologize as I was in total awe of the whole box I LOVE IT ALL. I love your note card as well with the squirrel and acorn branch on it. She also included in the note card 6 recipes. I plan to try each one. I can't say THANK YOU enough Susan for all you enclosed it truly was a gift filled with surprises and I'm glad we got each other for the Nov swap. I will get your box out asap. Thanks bunches
    Earthly I love the rubik cake. How creative and PacMan too. I just did some digital ATC CARDS (art trading cards) that the theme is "MY GENERATION" and I had the Rubiks cube included in on those plus remember "Simon" or "leg warmers" or the Mystery Machine from Scooby cartoons? These were all included in on my 4 cards for the "MY GENERATION SERIES". They were a blast to put together. Memories, the 80's were great weren't they remember the quail hair do with the big poof of bangs standing up on the forehead. Oh what fun the memories are to reflect upon.
    Gotta go for now gals but will pop in later tonight.
    Peace Char faithinfrogs

• cedarnest
    17 years ago

Hello Ladies,hope you are all having a Great Sunday.

Oh Susie,bummer about your computer.I just hope my dinosaur hangs in here awhile yet.It took me so long to figure this one out I am sure I would be totally lost for awhile trying to learn a new one.

This coming week will be a Busy one I am sure for us all.I am so looking forward to seeing the family for Thanksgiving.I lost a nephew and uncle this past year and many of my relatives are really getting on in years so each year we still have with them is a blessing.

Oh my Hubby and I are EXTERME Nascar fans.Are any of you big fans?? Anyway today is the Final Race of the season.Will be glued to the tv thisafternoon for sure!

In case I don't get back on here before Thanksgiving..
    I hope you all have a Very Blessed Thanksgiving All My Bloomin' Friends!!
    Hugs to you all!! Nancy

• micke
    17 years ago

Oh my gosh Nancy, we are HUGE Nascar fans!!!!!!!!! Who do you guys like? (please oh please dont say Jeff Gordon) we were fans before he came along and I guess we hated how good he was LOL!! I actually named my baby Daytona Coleton, he was born in May of 2001, and you well remember what happened at Daytona that year :((( I like Earnhardt Jr. has nothing to do with his looks, oh no *snicker* Hubby was a big Rusty Wallace fan, we have a Fender cover of his car when it was the black and gold, we framed it and it looks just like a painting, so cool.

Wow, I won something? that never happens, thank you so much Remy. you will love hubby washing your hair:) there is just something about hubby washing and then brushing the hair, I love it! plus your arms don't get wore out doing it yourself.

susie, I got my new computer in April, have to say I still haven't got all the bugs out, just found out I have instant messenger, mom and I have been messing with it, I really want to get high speed, I am constantly trying to find ways to get mine to move faster.
    Happy Thanksgiving all!!!!!!
    michelle

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Happy Sunday Ladies...
    Char, oh your welcome this month was fun to put together, Harvest was a good theme for me. And I never realized how many frog items there are out there.

Remy, clean hair goes along way to making us feel better doesnt it...don't do too much now. Regarding the plastic bags, where I live in FL there is no curbside recycling, so I am always carting items here and there to various programs. I do recycle big plastic bags, only exception is if it had meat or something... my husband tries to throw them out before I get them! He also hates that I have a huge pile (well about 3 feet high) pile of newspapers, once a year (actually any day now) I add on to my lasagna bed, so I need them for "layering". I managed to kill off about 10% of my huge lawn and it is all hibiscus and a bottlebrush tree and vinca. Put the newspapers down on top of grass, then about as much grass clippings (I get them from my lil ole men neighbors with the riding lawn mowers, they ride over and dump them in the back yard) leaves and then top off with mulch so it looks nice. Everything in that bed was so happy all summer even in the heat and I didnt have to water it. Much. And that is my recycling ADD story. lol.

Uh. when we were first married I did save tinfoil. Cash flow problems and all that. Now I recycle.

Michelle, I agree with Miz Remy, home is best. Or nursing home if need be but no tubes. It just agitates them, doesnt accomplish anything positive. My husband is a nurse and he says don't hook me up to anything, and let me die at home or I will come back to haunt you. ....my husband wants to be cremated and buried at sea. Yeah I tell him I'll be dropping you off the back end of the cruise ship ...hee.

Nancy I told my husband about the Nascar last race and he said oh no he thought that was after Thanksgiving... He is watching football now, so many sports, so little time...he is making supper simultaneously though, gotta love him.

Tina are you under a pile of puppies?

Susie good luck with the new computer...and going away for Thanksgiving, good for you, thats my favorite role to play during the holidays. "Guest".

Carol, glad your DH is a DH this time. Too bad the Bloomin Friends werent around first time around, we could have come by with some large metal garden implements to help you out ...upside his head ????'Course Blooming Friends are a non violent group. Still, weeds must go.

Well the Teens went off to the mall with less than 3 hours to go to supper. Will they be back in time? They insist they will be. (Sunday dinner attendance is mandatory as long as they are living at home) We are taking bets.

Happy Thanksgiving Week everyone...

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Only one more package and the swap is complete, boy was this easy, and fun of course! ;)

Susan (Giverny4me)

Deb

• skohler
    17 years ago

hi ladies :) well still trying to get my email to function for me :( I cannot add everyone to my address book by reply to all :( I hope to get a how to book in english tomorrow when I go up to the store I got this from . NO JOKE & This Is a HP

well got more searching to do Have a great evening
    susie

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Susie, If you bought a new computer you might have to contact your internet provider and tell them so your account will transfer over. Thats what the boys here say. Internet provider does not recognize new connection, I think its a safety thing ....won't "talk" to new connection not approved.

Teens came home in time for dinner, they get to live another day ;P

• micke
    17 years ago

I have a HP, I had issues at first with mine too, another problem is when you call HP, you have a really hard time understanding the tech. people, no offense to them but that accent is just too thick for me to wrap my ears around, maybe a India accent? not sure, the guy was realy nice though and was patient with me, had to keep repeating himself to me, my cell phone reception is not the greatest either so I was really having a uphill battle on my hands:(
    but now I haven't had any problems and I am getting to really like my computer:) did you get the whole shibang new moniter and all? I got the flat screen, and boy I hated it at first, plus how do you clean these things? scared to even touch it! love my printer though, got the HP Officejet All-in-one. it can do anything! figuring there has to be a button on it somewhere where I can set it to houseclean, just have to find it.....

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hey y'all,
    Just checking in to let Deb know her hostess package will go out tomorrow morning. Del Conf # 0103 8555 7490 0606 9930.
    Micke, if you have any "sight savers" - those things you clean your eyeglasses with, they are safe to use on the flat screens. :) I have that HP printer too, so let me know when you find the housecleaning button! LOL!

Hey Beans, did you get my email? I sent you one from here & one from my email acct.

I've got dinner going and stuff for a potluck lunch at work tomorrow, so I bettr go stir something.
    Good wishes to all and specially to those having a rough time right now.
    God bless,
    Susann

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Hi all,
    I know I'm getting better and/or dirtier because I am so itchy! It is driving me crazy. Though my head feels great from the washing yesterday. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I may be able to shower afterwards.

Deb,
    I'm still waiting on part two of my swap. Kim sent the cactus out ahead of time. She did send the second pkg. It made it to PA yesterday, so I'm hoping it is in today's mail.
    Did you get the computer fixed yet?

Char,
    Hey! Good to see you post. I was just old enough and anti-social(lol) enough to be stuck in the late 70's look like "That 70's Show" or "Wayne's World" more than the 80's. I remember thinking things like leg warmers were stupid, lol. Now I see they are making a come back!

Susan,
    "Still weeds must go" lol!
    I know about the no recycling in Florida because of my father. I just can't believe it when I'm there. I feel guilty about putting things like bottles in the garbage when I'm down there.
    He and his buddy that owns a marina save up metal all year and they take it to a scrapyard Miami in Dec. They use the money to go out on the town!

Ok, I'm bored and would bore you all more, but I'm going to go eat, lol.
    Talk to you later,
    Remy

• klickitat
    17 years ago

Hi girls. Boy, this month has flown by and I haven't had much time to check in.

It's been fun reading about all the trades and I'm really looking forward to the December swap.

Speaking of which, who is hosting it? Is there a thread up yet where we can sign up???

Until the next break I get...

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maryanne's (Earthlydelights) hosting December! I'm sure a new sign-up thread will be up soon. I'm really looking forward to December's swap, and Christmas!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

hi everyone. i'm working on getting the december thread up. i'll post it in a few days.

remy, how can you NOT have your man wash your hair? heck, for that matter, bathe you, paint your nails, brush your hair, dress you...aaaah, so sexy, sensual and romantic -- not to mention F U N!!! glad you are up and about.

deb, my hostess gift was sent, confirmation shows it was received.

you all talk about what you recycle/reuse? my uncle, who recently died, never, ever threw a thing out. not a magazine, not a newspaper (although in recent years i made him give them to me to use as ground cover under mulch, etc.), not a rubber band, not a twist tie, not a bakery container, not a plastic bag, not a paper bag, not an empty cereal or cracker box, not that piece of styro that comes under meat, not string that came on bakery boxes, not a wedding invitation, christmas or birthday card, not to mention holy cards from funerals (although the older ones are just spectacular), every bill every received and paid, every check ever written, not a bottle or jar or plastic container, not an appliance that was long since dead, not an old, cracked anything, not a sock that had a hole in it, not a shirt that was missing buttons, not a pair of gloves, boots, not a pair of boxer shorts that long since lost its elastic, or any other article of clothing that should have been trashed long ago. the list goes on and on. it took me 4 months - and i mean 4 months, days and nights, non-stop, to clean. that was only the first floor and didn't include his shop. the house is still loaded with stuff, but not like it was. the basement, that's a whole other story. he was 94, so imagine. i hear it's real common with depression era people, my sister-in-law said her dad is the same way, others tell the same stories. it drove me insane. i curb recycled what i could and trashed so much. now, i have to admit though, I too am a pack-rat but a very organized pack-rat - everything is in those bins and labeled, but i'm not one for saving trash.

when i'm up the mountains, we take the plastic/glass/paper to a recycling area - either that or i take it home to put in the bins we put out, kind of what jessica and i did at your place, remy.

char, i would love to see some pix of your cards. i guess my time frame would be the 70's too...remy, you sat in that same "that 70's show circle"???? bad girl!!! lol leg warmers, danskin skirts, platform shoes...that hair, so much polyester. makes me laugh and everyone wears it today. no wonder a friend of mine has never thrown one article of clothing away her entire life - it all comes back.

micke, sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for your family/uncle. we had my uncle at home with round the clock care. can't always say i cared for certain aides, but i was thankful to be there. it was the best thing. we first looked into hospice, but this worked out best.

remy, how about survivor, i can't think of their tribe name, but they are certainly kicking butt, winning all the rewards and challenges. it's great to watch. this morning, rebecca was on the view. she's a make-up artist for the show. i would have never recognized her. she mentioned that her team sucked, they won nothing and didn't know how to work together. how true.

by the way, i did take a pic of me in my visor. i took it, at arm's length. it's too spooky - too close. i'll have someone do one on thanksgiving and then i'll post. i took several and then decided no way, no how would i post one. my hair and face looked good though, hope that happens again! lmao

so, who all is cooking this year? who has already started, at least the baking and prepping and all that?

where's laura? i made the chicken recipe you sent me. it was excellent and went over quite well. served it with a zucchini flan that was just delicious, and roasted potatoes with minced peppers, onions and cheese that i copied from an event i went to. dessert was pumpkin creme brulee. what a great meal if i do say so myself. darn, i'm an excellent cook!

i'm not a nascar fan at all, but i am/was involved in a relationship and he was a fanatic. so one day i think, okay i'll sit and watch. it was the day dale earnhart crashed. only time i watched it. not because of that, but i just don't get watching a car go around and around and around. now, if i'm driving, that's a whole other story! maybe not at those speeds, but it is a lot of fun.

annie, sending thoughts and prayers your way as well. thank God your sister has you and you are there for her. it means a lot. my sister, who is on her 5th anniversary of heart surgery had a recent scare. she's out there alone, well, her husband is there and he's a God-send, but without any of us. thank God, it all turned out.

be well everyone,
    maryanne

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maryanne,
    I LOVED the Cactus kit! Thank you sooo much! Included in the kit is, spray bottle, Cactus care/ID book, bonsai like ceramic pot, thermometer, and a cute miniature shovel!

I love it!

Deb

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

deb, i'm so glad you liked that. when i saw it, i thought what a neat little item and thought of you immediately. i did look at the book though before i sent it.

i was getting worried (and i know now you know the other was not a "secret") because it seemed to take over a week to be received.

susan, thank you ever so much. you sent me the butterfly bushes that we talked about in the latter part of the summer. i will dig a few holes tomorrow morning and get them in the ground. one is going in a new bed i just made and one in the baby's bed. thank you ever so much for sending ((((((((((hug)))))))))

i started a thread for december's swap and i learned some neat computer stuff!!!

maryanne

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Kim,
    The recipe you forgot came today, but the pkg. is still enroute! lol. Oh well, I'm sure it will be here tomorrow. Thank you for Chicken Nuggets recipe. I can make it when the boys come over. It is definitely something they will love.

Maryanne,
    I love that Ozzy's team is still winning. There is something about Ozzy that I just like. I'm disappointed that that Johnathan is still there especially with the surprise second vote! And Jenny is gone. My new pic for winner is Yul.
    Wow, your uncle makes my relatives look fairly normal, lol!
    I'm going to go sign up now.
    Remy

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Normal relatives? Where? Who has some? LOL!
    I went to a baby shower last month for one of my friends and she was real worried because she would have aunts & cousins there who are a bit... peculiar. She didn't want us all to meet them, but her Mom had already invited them.
    I told her afterwards that the experience sure explained some things we had all been wondering about .... ROFL!! She took it as it was meant, with a hug & laughter.

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Remy - the nuggets are also a great snack or appetizer.
    the box will hopefully be there today
    USPS.com said -Label/Receipt Number: 0306 1070 0001 9493 7691
    Your item was processed and left our WARRENDALE, PA 15095 facility on November 19, 2006.
    Thats not NY! lol is that close to you?

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Wow, I haven't had time to read this thread in a while since I've been getting ready for Thanksgiving. Did I read that right? I won a Horticulture subscription. Woo-hoo, Gary rules! And Remy too, of course :)

I totally love Ozzy, he deserves to win. I hope they merge so he can kick but in the individual immunity challenges.

Anyone watch Heroes? Love that too. Ok, maybe I watch too much TV, LOL.

• remy_gw
    17 years ago

Yea! The pkg. arrived! What a pkg. too! Kim loaded up a huge box of stuff. And she already sent me the cactus! In the box there was:
    A large bird feeder, one of those long ones for my finches(as if they are really mine, lol)
    a cultivator and trowel
    a pair of garden gloves w/leather palms that matches the trowel set!
    peat pellets
    a Farmer's Almanac
    a Lady and Son's 'Just Dessert' cookbook- I think I will gain weight just reading it!
    a Christmas Ideas mag
    an oven door towel that matches my kitchen w/the blue trim and fruit
    and a blueberry muffin mix in a canister that matches too!
    For my bathroom she sent a bunch of colored crystal looking scented soaps in shell shapes
    For Thanksgiving/Fall she sent paper napkins and paper dessert plants
    an apron and matching thanksgiving towel set
    fall leaf cellophane cookie bags
    cinnamon bun jar candle
    and an old fashion paper decoration set
    a crystal vase w/maple leaf decoration
    and a hillarious talking turkey!
    And lastly for my addictions, Cherry Cordials and lipgloss in Dairy Queen and Keebler Fudge Flavors!
    Thank you so much Kim! What a box!

Hi Julie,
    Yes, you won! I let Gary know he rules, lol. I have not watched Heroes. I don't want to get addicted to another show!

Susann,
    Oh my father and relatives on his side are great entertainment!
    Remy

• lil_green_thumb
    17 years ago

Remy - so glad it got there today! I liked the feeder because of being able to adjust the little openings with the 'lids' on them...as much as you like birds thought you would like another feeder!! I picked me up one of those crystal vases also - am going to run to town and hunt some fall color cut flowers for my T-giving centerpiece. I picked up a Sierra Mist lipgloss for myself (love those flavored ones also - my daughter has one named screwdriver, one that is margarita and i have one named cosmopolitan - we found them at Claire's Icing store at a local mall). toughest one about the cookbook is finding a new one to try out Thursday! (Yes I ordered one for me too! LoL!)
    Glad you enjoyed your box.

DEB - your hostess gift for the 2 swaps I am in should be arriving anyday for you also!

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I received 2 more Hostess gift boxes! I'm getting really spoiled, LOL.

Susann sent Rachel Ray's magazine (Thanksgiving issue), I love Rachel's recipes! I have a couple of her 30 minute books, but never seen her magazine in any stores yet, so thank you sooo much just for this! Plus Susann sent-
    A really cute photo frame, Backyard living magazine, Polar bear tin tray (so cute), "Merry Christmas To All" sign, 2 Calla Lily "Regal" bulbs, glass candy, Nivea creme, AND GOLD (HOW NEAT)! Oh, and one more thing..a swiss army set (that's what my Husband calls it), it has scissors, toothpick, small knife, tweezers, etc. Ryan lost the one he had, so he LOVED this one! It's already in his pocket! Thanks so much Susann for such a nice package! I loved everything!

Kim sent a really nice package too! A plush, velour potholder set in gorgeous rich red, matching ceramic red leaf candydish, mixed Lily bulbs, big box of festive, fancy orange potpourri! I loved it all!

Thanks soooo much!
    Deb

• dizzydaffodil
    17 years ago

Hi Everyone - Happy Thanksgiving!
    Deb, glad it got to you before the holiday. Thought you'd like the gold - LOL! The little knife is handy for opening all these packages, but I reckon you've lost that one! ha!

We'll probably talk to our families on the phone this evening, but DH worked night shift last night, so it's pretty quiet around here today. Guess you can tell that since I seem to be the only one posting. LOL! Anyhow, just wanted to wish all a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Susann

Here's a thought I just wanted to share.

BE THANKFUL
    By Author Unknown
    Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
    If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
    Be thankful when you don't know something,
    for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
    Be thankful for the difficult times.
    During those times you grow.
    Be thankful for your limitations,
    because they give you opportunities for improvement.
    Be thankful for each new challenge,
    because it will build your strength and character.
    Be thankful for your mistakes. They will teach you valuable lessons.
    Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
    because it means you've made a difference.
    It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
    A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who
    are also thankful for the setbacks.
    Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
    Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
    and they can become your blessings.

• faithinfrogs
    17 years ago

Susan sorry for the delay, I do so appologize several times over... Your box is on it's way to you as we speak. Hope you enjoy all the goodies I enclosed for ya. Tracking # 0305 2200 0001 6210 7542. I hope all you ladies had a great Thanksgiving

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Char,
    Thanks so much for letting us know.

Deb

• hummingbirddaisy
    17 years ago

visor pic (not a very good one, but one none the less)

• skohler
    17 years ago

NICE PICTURE TINA :)

Dizzy; Very nice be thankful poem thank you for sharing .

susie

• giverny4me
    17 years ago

Nice picture Tina!

I received my box from Char yesterday here is what she sent... a original Char art trading card, it is her own artwork, very creative! 2 recipes, one for Love Cake and one for christmas cookies, a pretty garden bloom theme framed wall art, a stuffed doll with reddish brown hair (looks like my color, lol) and she is holding a cute striped wooden stocking with a heart on it, tree coming out of top of stocking. On her collar are the words Holiday Wishes. She is sitting next to the treat basket in my front hall looking right at home. A small garden theme picture frame, a cute snowman pin, a little stone kitty, a "angel cheeks" angel holding an american flag, a green and white christmas doily which is a wreath, love it. Looks handmade. A santa ornament with my name on it, a small purple wallet, a hardcover book, In and Out of the Garden, beautifully illustrated, of garden proverbs and lore. Just beautiful. 2 clay pots, very cute, don't know how they got here without being smashed you win the packing prize Miss Char! And last but certainly not least, GHIRADELLI chocolate bars. Oh Yes. Thanks for the great package Char, I absolutely love the book, it is going in to my purse, it will be nice to have for my waiting room times.....Hope we see you in January, take care, Susan/Giverny

• Debra Andruska
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Susan,
    Char sent such a nice package! Thanks for the update.

Everyone received a package for November-- Swap is now closed!

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County