Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisam627_ohio_z6

NEW: Second Fabulous Favorites Seed Robin

lisam627_ohio_z6
18 years ago

To those of you that participated in the first Fabulous Favorites Seed Robin, I want to let you know that the Second Fabulous Favorites Seed Robin was mailed today. She has flown the coop to BogartBaby carrying 480 seed packets! I will email the rules to you all again as a reminder...but I'm sure you all know what to do!

I provided several of my favorite seeds to each and every one of you, but the one I want to mention is the Black Cherry Tomato seed! This is my very favorite cherry tomato...it so sweet that it almost dripps with sugar...and the ripened color is very unique. Attention is always drawn to this tomato either at the table or in the garden! So I hope you grow and enjoy!

For your tracking, my Delivery Confirmation Number is:

0304 1560 0003 6303 6125

If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to email me! Now...let the fun begin again! - Lisa

Comments (82)

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for being a part of this Robin, Myann. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I always say it's the small things in life
    that make it fun and interesting...and a little box of
    seeds seems to carry some of that fun!

Mary...hope you're ready! The Robin will be there soon. - Lisa

• Marisha
    18 years ago

Oh yes, I'm ready!! I've been bagging and marking packets so I'll be all ready when the robin arrives!
    Myann I may have been updating my list when you tried to access it. That's the only reason I can think GW wouldn't have it available.

I couldn't find lists for Sguanzon, DJM906 and Mellon! So what's a girl to do??

Lisa, you are so right about small things making life fun and interesting. I just became a grandma again the evening before Thanksgiving : ) That little Cordelia Anne is going to make things fun around here!! ( I just had to work that in somewhere...lol)
    Can't wait for that Robin to get here now!! Over 500 packs of seeds?....Whoo-hoo!! What fun! I'll see if I can plump that Robin up a little more!!

Mary

• mellen
    18 years ago

Marisha, Thanks for the "kick!" I just added a few things to my "wish" list for seeds. Mellen

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey congratulations on the birth of your grandchild, Mary! How lucky you are to have a new baby to love and spoil..and just in time for the holidays! Before you know it...she'll be working in the garden right along beside you! My grandmother loved to garden...and I'm most certain I inherited this great pleasure from her! : ) Lisa

• Marisha
    18 years ago

OH MY GOSH!! The robin landed here today and it's fat with 465 packs of seeds!!! I've spent hours sifting through them and picking out goodies to try. I can't think of a better way to spend a cold blustery evening ; )
    I just took a break to let you all know it arrived safely and I'm gathering seeds packets to replace the 24 that I took out and adding more to plump it up and increase the variety!!

Mellen, I now realize I couldn't find a trade page for you because I spelled your name wrong (Mellon)! My apologies :)
    DJM906 you are the only one I can't find a trade list for but your page says you like fragrant flowers so I'll be sure to add some.

I'm including one of my favorites for all of you and that is the Chocolate Silk Morning Glory. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Myann thank you for the Hollyhock seeds : ) I have always loved them as they remind me of my mother's garden when I was a child. They always grew by the back gate.

Lisa, thanks for the seeds you sent also! It will be fun to try them out : )I hope I don't send you the same ones I sent before, I forgot to write them down!! lol...

I will post again tomorrow after I've been to the PO.
    Thanks Lisa, and everyone for a great Robin!
    Mary

• Marisha
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone!
    The Robin is in the air again as of early this afternoon....confirmation #0304 1560 0003 6303 6194.
    I put everything in a new box that was a little bit smaller than the one it arrived in ( so we aren't paying postage for the cardboard)... but it's still a BIG BIRD!!
    I added a small envelope for each one following me and didn't count how many seed packets I put in them but otherwise I took out 24 packs and added 50 packs. I tried to put in varieties that weren't so common in order to spice things up a bit : )

Lisa, thanks for the congrats on the new grandchild, now I have a baker's dozen (13)! Hey, I'm not THAT old, I just started young...lol

Thanks to everyone who contributed...I really enjoyed this RR.
    Mary

P.S. Merry Christmas to you all!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone...this Robin is really moving along! You ladies are really doing great here. Mary...thanks so much for your contributions...and the re-organization of the box.
    It should make it a lot easier for those next on the list!

Here's another update on the mailing order:

1. BOGARTBABY- Received, Mailed
    2. SKOHLER-Received, Mailed
    3. EFROSTY1-Received, Mailed
    4. SHIMLA - Received, Mailed
    5. NANCE - Received, Mailed
    6. MYOHHMY - Received, Mailed
    7. MARISHA2 - Received, Mailed
    8. SCOUTTIEGIRL - On the lookout for the Big Bird!
    9. HUMMINGBIRDDAISY

1. MARGEC/ILOVEFARAC
    2. ARAILLIA
    3. JCPYBURN
    4. SGUANZON
    5. DJM906
    6. MELLEN
    7. LISAM627

Heather...she's flying your way...hope you're ready! : )
    - Lisa

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

I am soooooo ready. Can't wait! Will let you know as soon as Big Bird lands.~Heather

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Howdy!...Just wanted to say that the Bird has landed. Will give it a look through tonight and post again tomorrow with info. ~Heather

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Heather! Can't wait to hear if you've found anything you like! - Lisa

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Greetings everyone! Well the bird is stuffed back up and ready to fly again. Only thing is I am snowed in. We got pounded with snow. Roads are clearing up a bit, but the flight won't be until tomorrow.

On another note. I took out 8 packs and added in 55+. I put in a lot of plants that were not in the mix already to spice it up a bit. My favorite added was campanula-"cherry bells".
    The confirmation number will be: 03041560000363036200.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday Season. Thanks again Lisa for hosting such a fabulous Robin. Looking forward to future robins. ~Heather

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

Big bird flew out this morning! Look out Tina it's headed your way.~Heather

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Wow - 55 packs of seeds added! Super job Heather. I understand about the snow...we got our first major snowstorm yesterday. We got about 3-4 inches - but the weather man was promising us 6-7.

Campanula - cherry bells...what a nice addition! Thanks for playing and moving the box out so quick despite your bad weather!

Tina...I hope all is well with you during this busy season and you are ready to receive the box! Thanks - Lisa

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

~Doing the happy dance~
    I can't wait for that big ol' bird to last.
    I have been getting seeds together for it when it arrives.
    I will post when it lands, and when it goes back out in flight.

Stay warm,
    Tina

• luvtogardenOH
    18 years ago

Is it too late to join?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

The bird has landed. It arrived yesterday. I will finish going through it tonight, and have it back out in flight tomorrow. MARGEC/ILOVEFARAC be on the lookout! :-)

Merry Christmas,
    Tina

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi everyone...BRRRRR......we're in the midst of a major snow/ice/rain/sleet and more snow storm here in Ohio...YUCK! Tis the season, I suppose : )

Tina, did you find anything you like in the Robin? We're all anxious to hear!

Keep warm everyone! - Lisa

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Lisa, you must be getting what we just went thru! It's snowing here again as I type, grrrrrrrrrrrr.
    I did take out about 30 packs, and I just added 35+ tonight. The robin will take flight again in the morning if we don't get snowed in, LoL. The kid's had a "snow day" yesterday, so they was out making igloo's by 8am. That was their only "gat out of jail free" card. If they miss another day due to weather, they will have to start making them up at the end of the year. A couple of years back, they had 9 days to make up. They didn't like that one bit (neither did I).

Ok, everyone stay warm and safe!
    Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas.
    Tina

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Tina...just wondered if you made it out into the snow storm to get your package mailed? We've had snow on and off all weekend...the way it's going, we will definitely have a white Christmas this year!

Tina...please post your delivery confirmation number so we can all track the package. Thanks for your contributions and being a part of this Robin...sounds like you found lots of seeds you like!

Melinda and Marge...hope you two are ready for the Robin...she could be flying in for a landing there real soon! Thanks again, Tina for moving her out so quickly and have a great holiday season with your family! - Lisa

• hummingbirddaisy
    18 years ago

Hi girls,
    So sorry I didn't post the conf # sooner.
    #0304 1560 0003 6303 6217

She's a fat one!
    Merry CHristmas ALL
    Tina

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Hi Lisa,

I am so sorry to have to do this but I am going to have to drop out of this due to some unforeseen circumstances! I am going out of town for the holidays and have had some other situations come up! I really hate to miss out on this and I hope this doesn't cause any trouble, I was really looking forward to participating in this. I hope everyone has a merry christmas and a happy new year!!

Carly

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carly...thanks for letting us know well in advance! Thanks for being a part of the first Fabulous Favorites Robin...we'll miss you on this one! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. : )

Here's an updated list:

1. BOGARTBABY- Received, Mailed
    2. SKOHLER-Received, Mailed
    3. EFROSTY1-Received, Mailed
    4. SHIMLA-Received, Mailed
    5. NANCE-Received, Mailed
    6. MYOHHMY-Received, Mailed
    7. MARISHA2-Received, Mailed
    8. SCOUTTIEGIRL-Received, Mailed
    9. HUMMINGBIRDDAISY-Received, Mailed

1. MARGEC/ILOVEFARAC - On the lookout for the chubby bird!
    2. ARAILLIA
    3. SGUANZON
    4. DJM906
    5. MELLEN
    6. LISAM627

Marge/Melinda...hope you two are ready and waiting for this
    big bird. She'll be there just in time to spread some Christmas cheer! Let us know when you receive her! Thanks : ) Lisa

• Melinda Hagen
    18 years ago

Hello! Just wanted to let everyone know that the robin landed here this am!! Beautiful day to do so! Almost 60 degrees and gorgeous!! Jealous anyone?!
    Well, it was a good one-between my mom and myself we took 68 or 69 and added 79 back! Enjoy!
    ARA--it's flying again this afternoon! On my way right now when get off here! Merry Christmas !
    Conf. # is 0304 1560 0003 6303 6224

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

60 Degrees - how lucky you ladies are in Arkansas! It's supposed to rain tonight and wash away all our snow...so we won't be having a white Christmas this year. You girls did great getting through that fat box and mailing her out again!!! Thanks so much for being a part of the Robin, Melinda and Marge!

Ara, hope you're ready!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and Happy New Year! - Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ara...the USPS shows you received the Robin. Please let us know if you have had a chance yet to take a glimpse of her contents... we're anxious to hear what you've found!

Thanks Ara! Lisa

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

Ara,

I'm ready when you are!

Sue

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Just to let you all know...I have sent Ara several emails with no response to date. Also, I phoned her this evening and left her a voice mail. I will let you know when I hear from her.

Ara...please respond as soon as possible...hope everything is OK with you! - Lisa

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Ladies. Here's another update: One of the girls here emailed me that Ara had posted in the Bulb and Trinket Robin that she was going to be spending a lot of time in Oklahoma to be with her sister who recently had brain surgery.

Sue, Doris and Mary Ellen....we'll have to be patient until she returns. I'm sure Ara will forward the box when she arrives home.

Ara, my thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Please contact me when you are able so that we can get that Robin off the ground and flying once again. Take care, Ara...we all look forward to hearing from you! - Lisa

• bogartbaby
    18 years ago

BUMP for Ara and her family!!!!
    Wishing you and yours the best for the new year!!!!
    Deanie

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the Bump, Deanie! Hey GOOD NEWS! Ara's daughter forwarded the Robin on to Carly...and she will be sending it to Sue G. in a few days! Either Carly or I will be posting the Delivery Confirmation # when she takes off for Phoenix! Sue, Mary Ellen, and Doris, PLEASE email me to let me know everything's OK for you to receive the Robin as she's rarin' to go!

Ara..if you can read this, may God give you and your family the strength to get through whatever hardships you may be facing now. Wishing you and your family a happier, healthy and blessed New Year! Thanks from the bottom of my heart, Ara for sending this box on. - Lisa

• djm906
    18 years ago

Will be waiting for it to arrive! Doris

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Hi everybody! Just wanted to drop in and post the confirmation number for this package. I have it ready to go out on monday. I was trying to make it in the mail today but our mailman came by too early and our PO is not open on Saturdays. It is going to Sue in Arizona and the number is 0103 8555 7495 5786 6583.
    I hope you guys have a wonderful robin and lots of great seeds and I am sorry that I had to pull out of this one!!

Carly

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Ok everybody! The birdie is flying to Sue as of today. I didn't even think about the postage change when I printed the label and I put it to mail out on monday and it only charged me the 7.70. I will just have to see if they send it back to me for the additional postage. Maybe our po won't notice it and send it anyways. They do stuff like that a lot. Well, have a good rest of the robin guys!

Carly

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carly...thanks so much for taking care of this, especially since you had to withdraw. We all appreciate your time and effort to get this box moving once again!!!! Hopefully, the P.O. will forward the box on - we'll keep our fingers crossed!

I know you are waiting anxiously, Sue. Let us know when you receive that fat bird! - Lisa

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

The box doesn't appear to be moving .......

Carly did the box get returned to you?

• jcpyburn
    18 years ago

Hey Sue,

Nope no box returned to me today. I was watching for it! I checked the confirmation number this morning and it didn't have any info on it. I will post if it does get returned to me though to keep everyone updated.

Carly

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

I got the box! It was waiting for me when I got home last night. I can't believe how much is in that flat rate box - it's pretty overwhelming. What a great robin! Thanks so much Lisa for keeping this going.

I'll be going through it today and will get it out by tomorrow to Doris. Doris are you ready?

• sguanzon
    18 years ago

The box is on it's way to Doris conf # 0304 1560 0003 6303 6248

Thanks again for a wonderful robin

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for moving the box so quickly Sue! Hope you found some seeds you like. Doris...maybe she'll be landing on your front doorstep tomorrow! - Lisa

• djm906
    18 years ago

It didn't arrive with the mail this morning. When I took the garbage out after dark, there was the robin sitting ou there! Haven't checked it out yet, but will after I post this!

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

So you had a nice surprise, Doris! Can't wait to hear what your little birdie brought you. - Smiles! - Lisa

• djm906
    18 years ago

Oh yes, found some great seeds, and I thank you for the lovely envelope of really nice ones. I was quite excited as these were all seeds I did not have. Sue also enclosed some seeds that I had been looking for. All in all, I made out pretty good! there surely is a nice assortment of seeds in the box. It was mailed out today and I do have the confirmation number which is still in the car! Will post later. It's aimed for Mellon next!

• mellen
    18 years ago

Mellen--thaht's me--is ready for it. Come on box!!! I could use some different seed varieties. Will be on the look-out for it Doris. Then it will be headed home to our hostess, Lisa.

• djm906
    18 years ago

It should arrive today, Mellon, 0304 1560 0003 6303 6255.

• mellen
    18 years ago

Doris, I am home and waiting for it if it comes today. Thanks, Mellen

• mellen
    18 years ago

The box is here, and I am going to go sit and go through it now. Thanks, Doris, Lisa, and everyone. Mellen

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for moving this box along so quickly, Doris! Mellen - hope you find some seeds you like. Gee - that fat Robin is almost on its way home! Now I'm getting excited! - Lisa

• mellen
    18 years ago

Lisa, the robin is ready to go. I will mail it on Monday. The confirmation number will be 0304 1560 0003 6303 6262

Thank you, Lisa, for the seeds that you included for me. Doris, the seeds you sent me are wayyyyy wonderful!!!! Many thanks. And Marisha2, thanks for what you sent. You were so thoughtful. This has been a very fun robin. Thanks again for such great organization, Lisa. Mellen

• lisam627_ohio_z6
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Just a short note here to let you all know that this Robin is now concluded as it has finally made it home to me. I want to extend a special thanks to each and every one of you who participated in this Robin and who ultimately made it the success that it was. Your joint efforts in keeping this box moving - especially through our busy holiday season - are commendable!

I also want to thank each and every one of you for the special seeds you included for me - your thoughtfulness will not be forgotten especially when all of your flowers are blooming brightly in my gardens this summer! Spring cannot come too quickly for me this year as I have much to be thankful for and many seeds to plant. Again...it was a pleasure to have met you all here and thanks for sharing - you girls were great! I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to have hosted a Robin with such a nice group. Hopefully we will all meet again for another Fabulous Favorites Robin next fall! - Lisa

• Marisha
    18 years ago

Hi Lisa
    I just want to THANK YOU again for hosting this robin. You made it SO easy for us by including the confirmation stickers and address labels. You also made is extra nice by sending a special packet of seeds for us individually.
    I also want to thank everyone that participated because you all contributed to it's success. I will see your faces (imagined in my mind) in your flowers when they bloom.
    Hope you all have a fruitful growing season and a beautiful garden.
    Until next time, I'll be in the garden~
    Mary