Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: Nth (?) Annual Theme Garden Swap

Posted by drippy 7bAL (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 19:58

It's that time again! I've lost track of how many years this has been going on, and St. Sandlapper Rose took over for me two years ago when my moving craziness was at its max (someday I will write a book on how NOT to move). This truly is going to be my last year at this, as I feel it's time for me to move on to other things. So, let's make it a good one! I hope you veteran players are watching, as I've no time to send out personal emails this year, and new players, come join the fun!

Here's a little background for newcomers: What is a theme garden? It is, essentially, any garden designed around any kind of theme. A vegetable garden is a theme garden, so is an herb garden. Popular theme gardens include Moon Garden (all white), Fairy Garden (dwarf plants or plants where faeries can live), Everlastings (flowers/plants that dry well). It can be a garden of a single color, or a garden defined by environmental conditions, such as shade garden or bog garden. It can be anything you dream up, from Pasta Garden to Shoes Garden. The seeds people send you will be those matched to your theme.

Time frame: I will take sign-ups through December 29, but I reserve the right to close sign-ups earlier if participation reaches 100. Gather your seeds together as you see other people's postings. Please note that I will not be sending my address out to anyone before December 30, as I cannot receive any seeds before that time. Post seeds to me no later than January 10. I anticipate having them back in the mail to you by January 31, still in time for winter sowing in most areas.

Post your name on this thread, and the themes of your theme gardens. Please limit the number of themes you are posting to 5. I will send you an acknowledging email (be sure your GW email is unblocked, and if you have a sensitive spam filter, be sure to check your spam folder). I have extensive holiday plans, so please be patient - I may not be able to acknowledge your posting for several days, but you WILL hear from me by December 31. Please note that this is not a wish list swap - you may mention particular seeds you'd like that would fit your theme, but there's no guarantee you will get them.

How to play: After posting your interest and the theme gardens you are collecting seeds for, gather seeds to send in for the swap. Due to some issues that arose last year, I need to be a little clearer on rules. The swap limit is 100 packs - anything above this amount will be considered seeds you are giving away. Please do not send more than 5 of any variety. Also, I got some really old seeds from some people last year, and must request that you send seeds that are no older than those packed for the 2008 growing season, and only if they have been well-stored, and you know they are not a short viable (delphinium family, aconitums, and alliums, and many others, fall into the short viable group). I can't stress this enough: newer is better. You may send seeds collected from your garden, or extra commercial seeds, or extra seeds received from a trade.

Seed pack amounts - I'm not terribly picky about this. Use the Golden Rule, and spare what you can. I am going to assume that if you only send in 5 seeds of a particular variety that you scoured your stash to meet someone's needs and that's all you can spare. Trust my judgment on working things out - I will ask my fellow veteran swap hosts for advice if I need it; everyone I've dealt with at GW has been very helpful.
You can package your seeds two ways: (1) earmarked for a particular player's theme(s) - to do this, please put the individual packets in a ziplock baggie with the player's name on the ziplock baggie only. This helps if I have to do any redistribution. For the most part, whatever is earmarked for a player's theme(s) will go directly to them, unless multiples of the same seed variety are received. This is the easiest method of packaging for me (2) packaged by theme, and let me decide whose bag they go in.
My work is way, way easier if you also send in a list of the seeds you are sending in. It is also easier if you have your GW name on your seed packs, although that is not absolutely necessary.
A note about "inside trading": Although this is not a wish list swap, if you are so inclined, update your haves/wants list, or you may post to the general thread any seeds you'd like to share that don't necessarily fit the themes. If you arrange a particular seed trade with a participant, please clearly mark that it is an inside trade when you send your seeds in, and I will be 100% certain those seeds go to that person. Inside trading has been a big hit in the past.

Postage: I do not return extra postage or cash; I "pay it forward" to another swap host, so your best bet is to get postage as close as possible to what it costs to send your packet. Please do not send metered postage; the post office won't take it. I really prefer stamps to cash, too.

One final note, for now - in the past, I have contributed a great many of my own seeds to this swap, but a combination of puny gardening season and participation in some other swaps I enjoy makes it so that I don't have a ton of seeds to contribute to this swap. Please don't send a lot to me personally (and nothing is okay!) - I will just have to redistribute it. I'm sure I will still enjoy hosting this. I do not need hostess gifts - I always get some great seeds out of this.
A final, final, note: Be creative! I always get a good laugh, that lasts past that swap's year, out of some of the choices. Here's an example - one year, one person sent in a whole packet of dog-themed seeds - it included cynoglossum (hound's tooth) and foxglove (for the dog to chase, right?) among other things. Another person sent me, for my astrology/ astronomy themed garden, Lettuce, Cos(mos?).
I think that's about it for now - feel free to email me (my GW email is good), or post any questions here.

Let the fun begin!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
And my themes are

Okay, I'll start. For this year, I have 2 themes:

(1) Banes, worts (or warts), and nasties: Anything with "bane" in the name (wolfbane, fleabane, dogbance, etc); "wort" (motherwort, spiderwort, etc. - or, plants with warts, such as squashes or pumpkins), or nasturtiums (I laughed out loud when I first saw the pretty nasturtium referred to as a "nasty").

(2) Appalachia: Anything with Appalachian in the name, or the name of a state that has Appalachians in it (that's a lot of states) or plants native to the Appalachians.

o
RE: NEW: Nth (?) Annual Theme Garden Swap

hello
Im in but I just moved myself so I just have one garden Im working on for starters

butterflies; any of the more popular burrerfly nector plants and caterpilar host plants. I have a list of host plants on my wants list.

thanks for hosting again, maybe I will be brave enough to host next year unless someone beats me to it.

michelle
ps I would like to add a garden for my son Timmy, he wants seeds for his Guinne pig garden, lettuce, celery, carrots, parsley, clover, alphalfa, and timothy hay.

o

Woohoo, welcome back, Michelle & Timmy! So glad Timmy is playing again, too; we had a blast finding things for his theme garden last year.

So, we'll start a list now:

1. Drippy - (1) Banes, worts & nasties (2)Appalachia
2. Micyrey - (1) Butterfly garden (nectar & host plants)
3. Timmy - (1) Guinea pig garden

o

Yippee skippee! I join several great swaps each year, but I think this is my favorite!

Here are my themes this year:
1.You're really creeping me out!
Creeping or trailing plants or vines.
2.Leave Me Alone!
Plants that are grown for their colorful or distinctively shaped leaves alone.
3.Fee Fi Fo Fum!
A garden of huge or extravagant plants;foliage, flowers, vegetables, herbs
4.In a White Room with Black Curtains
Black or white flowers/foliage/fruit
5.I put a spell on you! A spellcaster's botanique.
Plants used in spells and potions for the intermediate to advanced sorceress.

Thanks! Alana

o

Yes - I'm in! This is one of the best swaps on GW - so thanks for hosting once again!

My Themes will be:

HEIRLOOM GARDEN - This would be seeds for a very special flower or veggie that has been passed down through your family over the years and that you would enjoy sharing.

BLUES GARDEN - Any true blue flower, veggie or herb.

CHOCOLATE GARDEN - Any flower or veggie that is reminiscent of chocolate in color (brown, black, white)
or scent.

Thank you! - Lisa

o

Welcome back to Alana & Lisa, too - this is already shaping up to be a great swap! I will keep a running list of players & the titles of their themes, but to see the descriptions, you'll have to look back at the player's original posting.

I am loving these themes!

4. Poisondartfrog - (1) You're really creeping me out! (2) Leave me alone! (3) Fee Fi Fo Fum! (4)In a White Room With Black Curtains (5) I put a spell on you! A spellcaster's botanique
5. Lisam627_ohio_z6 - (1) Heirloom Garden (2) Blues Garden (3) Chocolate Garden

o

Oh this sounds like fun! I would like to join! I'm working on this theme: Something Old, Something New.

I'm pretty lenient as to what you describe as old or new. But here's just some ideas:

Old -- Any old heirloom; Anything related to history; Plants that have the word "old" in their names, etc.

New -- Any cultivar that your parents (or grandparents) would never hear; A hybrid (I don't mind if it doesn't come true); Plants that have the word "new" in their names.

Thank you!

o

Hello, Siichan - you're our first new player; welcome! I promise you will love this swap.

4. Poisondartfrog - (1) You're really creeping me out! (2) Leave me alone! (3) Fee Fi Fo Fum! (4)In a White Room With Black Curtains (5) I put a spell on you! A spellcaster's botanique
6. Siichan - (1) Something Old, Something New

I have some good ideas for a lot of these themes already! :)

o

I'd like to join and will be creating a Memory Garden that will include flowers in shades of purple and blue~including vines~and any that may have the names Carolyn & Charlene.
Thanks.

o

Thanks for doing this one again! It's one of my favorites, and lots of fun, too. Here are my themes, all the same but one new one added at the end.

1. Celtic Heritage Garden - Anything that is native to or with a name that includes - Irish = Celtic = Ireland = Eire = Scottish = Welsh = English - or related like Leprechaun, Emerald Isles - you get the idea. [But please, no more Rudbeckia 'Irish Eyes' !]
2. Wicked Weird Garden - anything named like or related to magic, witchy, supernatural, etc. [for example I have already Witch's Wand Iris, Voodoo lily, Wolfbane]
3. Butterfly, Bee, Bird - Plants that attract and are hosts for these beneficial flying creatures
4. Herbal/Medicinal - looking for more unusual types now
5. Bog Garden - plants that love to live in wet-feet conditions
6. Shady Leaves - a garden of mostly shade for interesting and beautiful foliage [except Hosta, please!]

Looking forward to this,
Sue

o
RE: NEW: Nth (?) Annual Theme Garden Swap - Revised List

Ooops! I just realized I had six instead of five gardens. I apologize and here is a revised list of only five. Sorry!

1. Celtic Heritage Garden - Anything that is native to or with a name that includes - Irish = Celtic = Ireland = Eire = Scottish = Welsh = English - or related like Leprechaun, Emerald Isles - you get the idea. [But please, no more Rudbeckia 'Irish Eyes' !]
2. Wicked Weird Garden - anything named like or related to magic, witchy, supernatural, etc. [for example I have already Witch's Wand Iris, Voodoo lily, Wolfbane]
3. Butterfly, Bee, Bird - Plants that attract and are hosts for these beneficial flying creatures
4. Bog Garden - plants that love to live in wet-feet conditions
5. Shady Leaves - a garden of mostly shade for interesting and beautiful foliage [except Hosta, please!]

o

Some more great returning players - welcome back, Jaynine & Sue! Updated list:

7. Jaynine - (1) Memory Garden
8. Suecirish - (1)Celtic Heritage Garden (2) Wicked Weird Garden (3) Butterfly, Bee, Bird (4) Bog Garden (5) Shady Leaves

Hope we see some more new faces, too; and veteran players, if you are in touch with folks that played in the past that haven't posted yet, feel free to mention to them that the Theme Garden Swap is taking sign-ups.

o

Drippy,
Of course, I'm back for this one!
I might even be willing to be hostess next time if things stay as they are, so I'll decide for sure in fall 2011. Keep that in mind. I won't say it was "easy" to do the first time around, but it was interesting and with some experience it might at least be "easier."
Here are my themes:
Arid, Extra Dry I doubt this needs an explanation - very hot and very dry weather for it seems about 80% of the time here in SC. Need some tough plants that do not need a lot of TLC and can handle high heat and little water.
Scattergories Yes, the deer, bunny rabbits, etc. have become very interested in my garden the last few years. I don't think any fencing will be in our plans so just looking for some plants I might enjoy that the critters will not like.
Little Boy Blue Plants that are blue or bluish (flowers, foliage, fruits) or relate to babies or little boys.
Foreign Flavor In some of the seed catalogs, I have seen packets of seeds presented as being French or Italian varietes, etc. Looking for those kind of seeds - mostly edibles, but a few others (like "French Marigolds") will be fine, too.
Autumn Splender Flowers that bloom in autumn, like mums or salvia, or late producing veggies, or plants where the foliage is striking in the fall.
Okay, that gives me five. Looking forward to it and thanks for doing this for us again.
Jeanne

o

Yay, Jeanne, welcome back! LOL, I get the Arid, Extra Dry thing too - for my first full summer in Alabama, we had six straight weeks (or more, I stopped counting) where not a single day was below 90 degrees. I love the heat, though. Right now I have some fall veggies growing that are loving the cooler weather.

Updated list:

8. Suecirish - (1)Celtic Heritage Garden (2) Wicked Weird Garden (3) Butterfly, Bee, Bird (4) Bog Garden (5) Shady Leaves
9. Sandlapper_rose - (1)Arid, Extra Dry (2) Scattergories (3) Little Boy Blue (4) Foreign Flavor (5) Autumn Splendor

Yippee, I am loving this already! LOTS of good ideas :)

o

Why am I signing up for another swap?? lol

1)Conebeckia- Looking for colorful named coneflowers and rudbeckias for a garden showcasing just those 2 plants. I already have the common native yellows and pinks.

2)Old Glory- Perrenials in red, white and blue for around my flagpole

3)Woodland Wonder- Any woodland plants such as trilliums, jack in the pulpits, bluebells, ginseng, etc.

4)Winter Wonderland- Things pertaining to winter such as plants that are named or resemble: Snow, cold, ice, frost, Christmas, etc. Be creative!

5)Tell me 'bout the good old days- Heirlooms with a story behind them, such as Aunt Lou's Underground Railroad tomato (which I have). Your own family heirlooms would be welcome as well.

o

Oh, goody, we snagged another one. :) Welcome, Yotetrapper!

Updated list:

9. Sandlapper_rose - (1)Arid, Extra Dry (2) Scattergories (3) Little Boy Blue (4) Foreign Flavor (5) Autumn Splendor
10. Yotetrapper - (1) Conebeckia (2) Old Glory (3) Woodland Wonder (4) Winter Wonderland (5) Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days.

o
RE: Confirmation Emails

Emails have been sent to everyone now, so please let me know (email me directly, my GW email is good) if you didn't get them. I am already organizing a list, and want to be sure I have working emails.

Thanks!

Kim

o

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to add that in addition to my Memory Garden consisting of flowers/foliage in shades of blue & purple and any having the names Carolyn and Charlene, I'd like it to include any flowers/herbs with 'sis' or 'sister' as part of their name. Thanks.

o

Kim,

I'm so glad you're hosting the Annual Theme Garden Swap again!!!!!

Please count me in. I will try to post my themes later this weekend.

My granddaughter (Addy) told me she would think of a few themes and let me know them when she gets here this weekend. Addy won't be 5 until Feb, but she's been gardening with me since her 1st B-day. She loves to winter sow. Addy did at least a couple dozen jugs last winter by herself. We agreed to be partners in the swap and pick themes together! I just wished she lived next door, so she could be in the garden all the time with me!!

Later,
Sandy

o

Hey, Sandy, thrilled to have you back, too! So much fun to have a little one to share this with you; I'm envious!

Here's our updated list:

10. Yotetrapper - (1) Conebeckia (2) Old Glory (3) Woodland Wonder (4) Winter Wonderland (5) Tell Me 'Bout the Good Old Days.
11. Sandysgardens - TBA

o

Hello,
This one sounds grat. I would like to join please. My themes are:

SHADY PLACES, anything for shade to part shade in any color or foilage plants.

SUNSHINE ON MY SHOULDERS, things for sun and the color does not matter.

GRABBING ME, any kind of vine for sun or shade. I have more shade than sun.

DRY, HOT AND HUMID, this is for cactus and succulents any and all.

NATIVE AMERICANS, any plant, flower or herb that the Indains used. I am half Cherokee and I have been wanting to do this for awhile.

GREENHOUSE BABIES, For any kind of plant or flower that will have to be kept inside the greenhouse during the winter. This includes unusal annuals or any I don't have.

MEMORIAL GARDEN FOR MY PARENTS, they have been together for 54 years up until my dad past away last January. Mom only has 19% of her heart left. Dad liked pinks and reds and mom is like me she likes everything.

o
RE: NEW: Nth (?) Annual Theme Garden Swap correction

Oops I just realized I hade way to many themes.
They are now:

1. SHADY PLACES, anything for shade to part shade in any color or foilage plants.

2. GRABBING ME, any kind of vine for sun or shade. I have more shade than sun.

3. GREENHOUSE BABIES, For any kind of plant or flower that will have to be kept inside the greenhouse during the winter. This includes unusal annuals or any I don't have and cactus and succulents.

4. MEMORIAL GARDEN FOR MY PARENTS, they have been together for 54 years up until my dad past away last January. Mom only has 19% of her heart left. Dad liked pinks and reds and mom is like me she likes everything.

5. NATIVE AMERICAN, any kind of flower, plant or herb that the Indians used. I am half Cherokee and this would be great.

o

Hi! I'd love to sign up for this! This sounds like so much fun!

My themes are:

Welcome to the Darkside! - any and all dark colored flowers. chocolates, dark purples or blues and blacks.

Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of FIRE - any perennials that are orange, red, yellow.

Achilleas Heel - any yarrow, any color. I would love named but noid's are also welcome :)

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - any annual- this is my only all annual bed and I mix it up every year. Tall, short, weird, adorable, if you like it...I will too!

Thanks so much!
vina

o

Welcome, nottougly and flowergirl34 - both new players, and we're glad to have you! Here's the updated list:

11. Sandysgardens - TBA
12. Nottougly - (1) Shady Places (2) Grabbing me (3) Greenhouse Babies (4) Parents' Memorial Garden (5) Native American Garden
13. Flowergirl34 - (1) Welcome to the Darkside! (2) Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of FIRE (3) Achilleas Heel (4) Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Fantastic!

o

Thanks Drippy! This was one of my favorite swaps last year, so I could not resist signing up again.
Here are my themes:

I Must Contain Myself- grow well in container gardens
Pretty Shady- plants that do well in the shade
Season Stretchers- long blooming annuals
Christmas Garden- plants with Christmas connections in the name.
Love in Bloom-plants with "love" in the name

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

George

o

Yay, glad you're back, George!

Our updated list:

11. Sandysgardens - TBA
12. Nottougly - (1) Shady Places (2) Grabbing me (3) Greenhouse Babies (4) Parents' Memorial Garden (5) Native American Garden
13. Flowergirl34 - (1) Welcome to the Darkside! (2) Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of FIRE (3) Achilleas Heel (4) Somewhere Over the Rainbow
14. Gee_oh_nyc - (1) I Must Contain Myself (2) Pretty Shady (3) Season Stretchers (4) Christmas Garden (5) Love in Bloom

One of the things I love best about this swap is that it really brings out everyone's creative side! :)

o
RE: By the Way

So far I've been able to keep up, and we'll see how this goes - as people have been posting, I've been putting together an organizational list which will eventually include names, addresses, etc but currently has GW names, themes AND their descriptions, and email addresses of those who've gotten back to me.

When I email my address to all players on the 31st, I will copy & paste pertinent info only (GW names, themes, and theme descriptions) to a separate document, & will email that to any player who wants it. That way you won't have to keep scrolling through the post to see descriptions.

o

Hello Everyone,

My granddaughter (4 1/2 yrs old) Addy and I have come up with our 5 garden themes for this years Theme Garden Swap. Addy came up with the first 4 and I'm very pleased with her choices. She also had a couple more that were off the wall, so we decided I would pick the 5th one. Thanks everyone and Addy and I are looking forward to playing in the swap.

LAZY GARDEN - Plants that don’t need a lot of maintenance or fussing over. They will still do well and won’t croak if they get a bit neglected once in awhile.

WIND WIPED - Plants that don’t mind or will tolerate windy times.

KIDS PLAY - Plants that are kid friendly, fun or weird. Want to plant an area for grandkids to have as their own - i.e. rattlesnake pole beans, weird gourds, or any non-toxic fun flowers that kids will enjoy. I have lambs ear and bunny tails.

FALL SHOWING - Perennials that bloom well into fall or begin blooming in fall.

WET, MOIST and/or DAMP - Perennials that don’t mind being temporarily flooded, or don’t mind living in moist or damp soil. I have a huge rain garden at the lake and this spring we will be having a water run-off zone into another rain garden created down one side of yard that I will be planting with moisture loving perennials.

Thanks everyone,

Sandy

o

Okay, if I have this straight, other than myself, we have 9 returning players and 4 new. That is surely enough for a good swap, but almost too easy for me! We have plenty of time yet, but I hope to see sign-ups for this reach at least 40 or 50 - swap is a go even if there's only 14 of us, but tell your friends (vets, share your past experiences with them!).

Hope y'all (as they say in the South) had a lovely Thanksgiving. DH and I were alone for the first time ever, which would have been weird, except I chose to do the whole traditional thing - cloth napkins, best wineglasses, turkey (smallest I could find; only 2 of us after all, LOL), centerpiece, nice grace. We had a blast, and talked to all our extended family, of course - who are scattered in many distant places.

Tomorrow I will be glued to THE game (Iron Bowl - Alabama vs. Auburn). Everyone else can do the Black Friday thing; I'll stay home & cheer. Hooray for the beginning of the holiday season!

o

Happy Sunday everyone! This needs a BUMP!

o

I would love to join in on this one again!! This is such a fun swap!!! I love all the ideas you all have come up with.

My themes are:

Sunrise to Sunset - A large meandering bed I'd love to fill with HOT colors such as hot pinks, neons, bright orange and yellows, anything super bright will fit right in here!

Heaven'scent' Moon Garden - This is a memorial garden for my mom who passed of cancer in 2008. She loved the sky blue color so I'd like to make something soothing in her honor. Sky or light blues, whites, anything scented, and any that will reflect the mooonlight on a clear night. This would be a 'quiet' spot for me when I need some peace and quiet or am thinking about her..

Faerie Fae like to play with Ruffles 'n Lace - This one's my daughter's idea. Anything super ruffled, 'raggedy', shredded petals, anything super unusual and over the top in appearance. Maybe Foxgloves, Hollyhocks, Verbascums, Lupines, Penstemons, Columbines, daisies, dianthus, Zinnias, anything fully ruffled to light and airy. Colors will be pastels to apricots, creams, roses and blues, appleblossom varieties would be amazing in here. Something my daughter can set up her fairy statues in and it will be a beautiful, magical place for her.

Put 'em Up! - This is my 'canning' garden. Tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes, peppers, tomatoes, beans, tomatoes, and more tomatoes! :)

Tutti Fruitti - any with 'apricot', 'plum', 'mango', 'peach', 'strawberry', 'orange', 'raspberry', 'cherry', 'apples', 'lime', etc. in their names or their colors will fill this bed up.

Thanks for hosting this year Drippy! I am looking forward to it!

~Wendy / sassyb.

o

Woohoo, welcome back, Wendy!

Updated list:

11. Sandysgardens - (1) Lazy Garden (2) Wind Wiped (3) Kid's Play (4)Fall Showing (5) Wet/Moist/Damp
14. Gee_oh_nyc - (1) I Must Contain Myself (2) Pretty Shady (3) Season Stretchers (4) Christmas Garden (5) Love in Bloom
15. Sassybutterfly - (1) Sunrise to Sunset (2) Heaven'scent' Moon Garden (3) Faerie Fae Like to Play With Ruffles and Lace (4) Put 'Em Up (5) Tutti Fruitti

o

Hi, this is my first time joining this group! Sounds like alot of fun.
My garden themes are...

Rock N Roll- Small flowers that would do well in a rock garden, mostly sun, some shade.

Popping up all over- Any Poppies for a poppy garden!

Hot & Spicy- Bright colored tall and medium growing flowers that do well in the heat (full sun). Sunflowers,salvia,penstemon,etc...

Time for Tea- Any flower you would find in a lovely English garden.

Tucked inside- Colorful annuals for gallon size pots.

Thank you,
Cindy : )

o

Hi, this is my first time to join this trade group:

My garden themes:

Purple people eaters- anything purple or pink

Memory garden anything NAMED ANNA OR ANN (SISTER)
RED HOTIE TOTIE - SUN,RED, BRIGHT ORANGE MED SIZE.

BLUE SUEDE SHOES- COOL BLUES-SHADE, LOW GROWING

THANKS

SUE

o

Oooh. More themes! I had some down time yesterday so I packed up seeds for 14 themes and I noted some others that I have seeds for. Fun stuff.

o

Okay, I'm in!

Her's my themes:

1)I'm a little teapot- plants that are short and stout

2)Some say I'm shady- plants for part shade

3)Show me your bloomers- your favorite heavy bloomer

4)jeepers creepers-faces only a mother could love

5)fabulous foliage-plants grown for foliage only (love var. and darks)

Lisa

This should be fun....

o

Yay, welcome alwaysagarden (I got your email, too, so you are officially confirmed :)), carrlinesue and ishareflowers. Some great new themes, too!

Updated list:

11. Sandysgardens - (1) Lazy Garden (2) Wind Wiped (3) Kid's Play (4)Fall Showing (5) Wet/Moist/Damp
15. Sassybutterfly - (1) Sunrise to Sunset (2) Heaven'scent' Moon Garden (3) Faerie Fae Like to Play With Ruffles and Lace (4) Put 'Em Up (5) Tutti Fruitti
16. Alwaysagarden - (1) Rock 'N Roll (2) Popping Up All Over (3) Hot and Spicy (4) Time For Tea (5) Tucked Inside
17. Carrlinesue - (1) Purple People Eaters (2)Anna, Ann or Sister Memory Garden (3) Red Hotie Totie (4) Blue Suede Shoes
18. Ishareflowers - (1) I'm A Little Teapot (2) Some Say I'm Shady (3) Show Me Your Bloomers (4) Jeepers Creepers (5) Fabulous Foliage

A cold wind bloweth in my neck of the woods - it's December, alright!

o

I want to be a part of this one, please. Here are my themes:

1. CLING ME UP - Any flowering climbing vine for full sun or part shade.

2. SPILLED WITH LOVE - Plants that would look great spilling
over my hanging baskets and planters.

3. BLOWING IN THE WIND - Ornamental Grasses and flower/plants to compliment them for full sun.

4. HEAVENLY SCENTS - Fragrant flowering plants or foliage for sun or shade.

5. HEIRLOOM VEGGIES - Would be happy with anything edible.

This is great fun!

Joyce

o

Welcome, Joyce! It is LOTS of fun :) and we're glad to have you join in.

Our updated list:

16. Alwaysagarden - (1) Rock 'N Roll (2) Popping Up All Over (3) Hot and Spicy (4) Time For Tea (5) Tucked Inside
17. Carrlinesue - (1) Purple People Eaters (2)Anna, Ann or Sister Memory Garden (3) Red Hotie Totie (4) Blue Suede Shoes
18. Ishareflowers - (1) I'm A Little Teapot (2) Some Say I'm Shady (3) Show Me Your Bloomers (4) Jeepers Creepers (5) Fabulous Foliage
19. Beauswatch - (1) Cling Me Up (2) Spilled with Love (3) Blowing in the Wind (4) Heavenly Scents (5) Heirloom Veggies

o

I've not been on GW for a while and finally have time between running between two hosiptals (mom's in one and John's in another) to check on the two swaps I'm in. I see we've gotten more players with some fun themes. It's always fun going through the seed stash to see what can be found to fit the themes. Sometimes it takes a bit of imagination, but I think that's what makes it so much fun.

Off to the seed boxes!

Sandy

o

Greetings,
I'd like to join this swap...
My themes are:
1. Pretty in Pink - My Pink Garden for Breast Cancer Awareness.
2.Tidy Whities - Any white bloomers. (pun intended)
3. Maid in the Shade - Any colorful shade lovers.
4. Butterfly Kisses - Plants my butterflies and caterpillars will love.
5.Splendor in the Grass - Hardy ornamental grasses, please.
Thanks for hosting and playing,
Jensyen

o

Sandy, sounds like you have your hands full! Hope everyone is home soon.

Jensyen, welcome!

Updated list:

19. Beauswatch - (1) Cling Me Up (2) Spilled with Love (3) Blowing in the Wind (4) Heavenly Scents (5) Heirloom Veggies
20. Jensyen - (1) Pretty in Pink (2) Tidy Whities (3) Maid in the Shade (4) Butterfly Kisses (5) Splendor In the Grass

This is shaping up beautifully!

o

giving this a bump to the top

o

Ok, me too.
my themes are
Flying friends, butterflys and hummers
Cozy Cottage, especially anything flower or herb type that smells good.
Now I need to start studying the other lists. Some are very interesting.

o

Hi, Beth - welcome! You are added to the list. :)

Updated list:

20. Jensyen - (1) Pretty in Pink (2) Tidy Whities (3) Maid in the Shade (4) Butterfly Kisses (5) Splendor In the Grass
21. Beth_b_kodiak - (1) Flying Friends (2) Cozy Cottage

Keep 'em comin', folks!

o

1. Zinnia garden
2. Hot garden: echinacea/penstemon/salvia
3. Twiny Garden: black-eyed susans, passiflora, and more
4. Tomato heirlooms
What fun! thanks!
CZ

o

I would love to join. I would love to try some new things in the garden. So the themes that I have come up with are....

1) "White Wedding" by Billy Idol
2) "Red Red Wine" by UB40
3) "The Monster Mash" by Bobby Pickett
4) "Will It go round in circles" by Billy Preston
5) "Dancing in the dark" by Bruce Springstein

I am trying to be less controlling in all aspects of my life, so I am not going to define my themes.
It has taken two days to decide these choices, if that gives you any idea as to how crazy controlling I can be. LOL.
I am just going to stay in the excitement of new things....
Thank you so much for doing this swap.

o

Getting better all the time! Welcome, CZ & Buturfliis_mom!

Updated list:

22. Pinenuts - (1) Zinnia Garden (2) Hot Garden (3) Twiny Garden (4) Tomato Heirlooms
23. Buturfliis_mom - (note: all songs) (1) White Wedding (2) Red, Red Wine (3) The Monster Mash (4) Will It Go Round In Circles (5) Dancing In The Dark

o

I've been dying to join this swap but couldn't log on to post until now! This is so much fun & everyone is so creative. I want to center the themes around Olive, my beautiful dog who was rescued from a puppy mill earlier this year since she is my gardening helper.
1) Olivy olive - anything related to olives, mediterranean plants, edible plants or herbs that go well with olives.
2) Maltipoo - she is a white maltese poodle mix, so anything that is white or fluffy or both, in leaves or flowers. Or anything related in geography or name to Maltese or Poodle
3) Prairie dog - she loves sitting in or romping through fields of grass & munching on grasses. Or anything related to prairies.
4) Endless & Evergreen - This Barbara Streisand song is one of her favorite songs. Anything that is evergreen or that will brighten up a winter landscape either indoors or out.
5) I give you Olive my love - We adapted the words of this Beatles song to sing to her. She is our love. Anything that you particularly love that you want to share from your garden, or anything that signifies love to you.

Thanks for letting me join!

o

Welcome, Celeegra!

Updated list:

22. Pinenuts - (1) Zinnia Garden (2) Hot Garden (3) Twiny Garden (4) Tomato Heirlooms
23. Buturfliis_mom - (note: all songs) (1) White Wedding (2) Red, Red Wine (3) The Monster Mash (4) Will It Go Round In Circles (5) Dancing In The Dark
24. Celeegra - (1) Olivy Olive (2) Maltipoo (3) Prairie Dog (4) Endless & Evergreen (5) I Give You Olive My Love

o

I think I participated last year. Would like to again.
Here are my themes:

1. Monarch Nursery
2. Monarch Diner
3. Glow in the Dark
4. Party Hardy
5. Butterfly Buffet

o

Howdy, Ms. Roper, yes, I do believe you were in the swap last year. Nice to have you back! Leaving us to draw conclusions about your themes, I see - fun!

Updated list:

24. Celeegra - (1) Olivy Olive (2) Maltipoo (3) Prairie Dog (4) Endless & Evergreen (5) I Give You Olive My Love
25. Roper2008 - (1) Monarch Nursery (2) Monarch Diner (3) Glow In the Dark (4) Party Hardy (5) Butterfly Buffet

I think I'm going to try to pull a few seeds in between holiday prep!

o

Forgot to explain my themes.

Monarch Nursery-milkweeds
Monarch Diner- nectar flowers
Glow in the Dark- White flower
Party Hardy- Hardy flowers
Butterfly Buffet- flowers for butterflies

Linda

o

Nice to see we're up to 25 particpants and there's still time for more to sign-up. Lots of fun themes!!! This weekend my granddaughter will be here and inbetween baking 10 varieties of cookies, we will be packing seeds. Word of warning - there's no way with all these themes I'm going to keep the packets to 100 or even close!

Enjoy
Sandy

o

Sandy, it's aok if you want to send more than 100 - I just can only assure you'll get 100 different back (and I'm not even sure how I can do that, but it usually works out ok).

But you bring up something that's worth a question to the participants. Sometimes (depending on what swap mood I'm in, LOL), I don't mind getting back the exact same variety of something I sent in, simply because it's from someone else's garden. I consider if I send in, say, common milkweed, and someone sends me back common milkweed, those are the same - but if they send me asclepias Cinderella, a named variety; or a different variety than what I sent in, that's counted as different. How do you all feel about that?

o

I also have alot more than 100 packets I can send. I'll continue to add now that I know that it is okay to do so. I agree with Sandy... so many wonderful garden themes!!
I wouldn't mind receiving a different variety of what I sent in. Some of the seeds I'm sending have many, many different varieties and I would welcome them.

Cindy : )

o

Kim,

Don't worry about returning 100 differnt seed types to me. I'm also aok with receiving different varieties of what I sent in. As always I'm positive I will love my return seed packets.

You're the best Kim!

Now it's time to go shovel again - third time in 2 weeks to receive significant snow fall (9", 20" and 6")besides many smaller snow fall amounts. I'm tired of snow and today is technically the first day of winter so I'm sure there's lots more to come!

Later
Sandy

o

I would love to join.

My themes that I picked are:
1. Hummingbirds and Butterflies Garden
2. Rock Garden
3. Fragrance Garden
4. Veg. Garden
5. shade/Water Garden

Jennifer

o

Welcome, Jennifer! I will send you an email shortly.

Now that the holidays are in full swing, I don't know how much time I will have to check in here - may be able to stop in from time to time, but I know for sure that the 31st will be a nice, quiet time that I can email my address to everyone. If you sign up between now & then, don't worry, I will get back to you on the 31st if not before.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Updated list:

25. Roper2008 - (1) Monarch Nursery (2) Monarch Diner (3) Glow In the Dark (4) Party Hardy (5) Butterfly Buffet
26. Jshipway - (1) Hummingbirds and Butterflies (2) Rock Garden (3) Fragrance Garden (4) Vegetable Garden (5) Shade/Water Garden

o

Drippy Please sign me up.I have had the most fun the times I did this theme garden,I signed up with a few other swaps but pneumonia and heart trouble has kept me in and out of the Hospital,so this will be my first swap..I am excited to finally be getting seeds to sow.I am so glad you have come back to host,even it is just one more time.
My themes this yr is a chocolate garden,a spikes garden,any flower that spikes.a black and white garden, ifell in love with the black and white scabiosa and then really started looking at others in black and white.
a heirloom vege and herb bed.Hope to plant alot more veges and herbs this yr to can and dry to stock up.and of course my never ending Cottage garden that all colors of talls ,shorts,brights darks yellows just look good in.my red bed just sort of blended in with my cottage garden so mixed them togeter and turned out fine...
If my grandson Gavin can join he wants sunflowers,He wants a sunflower house and then anilmals seeds,like the elephant head,bee balm,white swan coneflower,cat mint,tickseed,well you get the picture of what he wants.
even the flea flowers will go good
moonphase
and gavin

o

Wow - 28 of us now! Hope everyone had a Blessed and Wonderful Christmas. We have more snow headed our way this week, so will be good to be hunkered down with my seeds and get everything packaged up for the swap.

Sandy

o

I have really enjoyed all of the fun themes this year!
I'm not counting but I am sure I am well over 100 packs. Please just send back what has been sent for my themes, even if only a few-duplicates are welcome.
I managed to pack up seeds for every person, though not every theme. Mine are ready to go unless someone else signs up before the deadline.
Come on lurker, I would love to rummage in the seed cabinet some more!
Alana

o

Well I've been so busy with Christmas, but I am back now. Theres no way I will able to send to everyone, but I'm about half way to the limit and still have veggies to do yet. \

I should be done tonight, and then it's on to Alana's swap.

o

Hi everyone! I have just started bagging up my theme seeds. So many interesting themes...just love it! :)

I don't mind receiving back what I send or doubles or whatever...I figure if I mess up with one packet I'll one to fall back on :) Easy peasy mac and cheesy.

Hope everyone has a warm and safe new year...I'm so ready for 2011 to start!!

My new seed catalogs have begun to arrive and I have already started to drool over some of the new seeds.

Happy Tuesday!
vina

o

I'm almost done. Have 46 finished. Going to add 4 more to make
it an even 50. I enjoy packing up seeds for this swap. I stayed up
until midnight couple days ago trying to figure out what seeds go
to what theme.
vina, I'm getting a lot of catalogs too. Trying to resist the flowers.
I did order from Summer Hill Seeds, nice selection.

o

Is it still possible to join the swap. I work retail and haven't been able to even look at the round robin site in forever --- but now the store dies for a few months and I have 17 vacation days to take in Jan. I have time now!!! clay_lady

o

clay_lady, according to drippy's instructions today is the last day so you are in luck!
Just post your themes and we can get busy.
Alana

o

I'm all bagged up and done. Close to the 100 pack mark.

o

Hi, folks - checking in after some crazy but wonderful holiday times. We are adding Moonphase, Gavin & Clay_lady, and I will get my address out to all of you tomorrow. Last call for any stragglers out there; it's the kind of swap that, once we all start sending seeds in, it's too late. If there are no new names when I check in to send my address tomorrow, the swap is closed.

Updated list:

26. Jshipway - (1) Hummingbirds and Butterflies (2) Rock Garden (3) Fragrance Garden (4) Vegetable Garden (5) Shade/Water Garden
27. Moonphase - (1) Chocolate Garden (2) Spikes Garden (3) Black & White (4) Heirloom Vegs & Herbs (5) Cottage Garden
28. Gavin - (1) Sunflowers (2) Animal Garden
29. Clay_lady - TBA

o

Just wanted to send in my themes. I have 2 gardening grandsons ages 8&9 so I will start aout with
1. Mini to Maxi-- Cool things for kids gardens (tall sunflowers-huge pumpkins) or anything kids can grow. They saved their own seeds this past year so they could be in the swap.
2.What is that smell? Fragrant & Heirloom flowers-herbs or veggies
3.Tomato Smorgasboard- I love heirloom tomatoes and other unusual ones
4.Float like a butterfly- sting like a bee!- Butterfly & hummingbird garden
5. From Everlasting to Everlasting- Everlasting flowers and easy to dry.
thank you so much-- this is so exciting

o

I have all my 100 packet of seeds ready to be mailed. I enjoyed doing this swap it was a lot of fun.

Jennifer

o

Okay - sign-ups for this swap are now officially CLOSED. I will email everyone within the next hour or so with my address, and re-post here when I have done so - so if you do not receive my email, please email me directly (my GW email is good).

Final updated list:

27. Moonphase - (1) Chocolate Garden (2) Spikes Garden (3) Black & White (4) Heirloom Vegs & Herbs (5) Cottage Garden
28. Gavin - (1) Sunflowers (2) Animal Garden
29. Clay_lady - (1) Mini to Maxi (2) What Is That Smell? (3) Tomato Smorgasobord (4) Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee (5) From Everlasting to Everlasting

Let the game begin!

o
Emails are Sent

Okay, I have emailed my address to all participants - the subject line is "TGS10 Address". Please let me know if you didn't get it!

I started compiling a list that included the detailed descriptions of the themes - I have to add 26-29 to it (got caught up in other things, LOL), but should be able to do that later tonight. If you would like a copy of my list, email me & I will send it, although I see several of you have already gotten everything ready to mail - good for you! (No, I'm not that organized yet ;)).

Hope you all are preparing fun New Year's plans - and may this be the best year for your gardens ever!

Kim

o

Kim,
I did not receive the mailing instructions.
Alana

o

Kim,

I also did not receive the mailing instructions.

Jennifer

o

Hi Everyone!
I received my email, but it was in my junk folder. You may want to check yours.

I started bagging up my themes. I'm doing pretty good so far and really trying to make it to the 100 mark :)

Happy New Year!!!
Hope everyone is safe and warm :)
vina

o

Jennifer & Alana, I re-sent the info through your GW member page - if you did not get it this time, please email me directly. Alana, I think I had a different email address for you than the one showing on your member page.

I am planning on celebrating the New Year doing a little winter sowing!

o

Kim,

I got it this time around

Thanks,
Jennifer

o

Hi Kim,
I didn't recieve your mailing instructings. Can you please send again. Thank you : )

Cindy

o

Cindy, I re-sent them this morning, replying to your direct email. Hopefully they arrived ok this time!

o

Just checked and I recieved the info. this time. Thanks Kim.

Cindy

o

Kim,
I didn't receive your email. Could you please resend it?

o

Siichan, I resent through your GW email - please let me know if you got it this time - email me directly (my GW email is good).

Thanks,
Kim

o

Yes, got it this time. Thank you Kim! I'm excited!

o

Happy New Year Everyone!

My bubblie is going out in the mail in the morning.
Your going to laugh when you get my bubblie I couldn't find one large enough so I made one. I looks like a funky pillow :)

Thanks so much Kim for hosting such a fun swap!
vina

o

I mailed mine this morning.
Alana

o

Mine are on the way, too.

o

I meant to add a few things:
One or two of the seeds I sent are 'colorized' with a non-toxic dye.
I also wanted to apologize for any duplication that may have taken place between what I sent for this swap & the wlomwl swap--I didn't cross check.
I had a great time choosing seeds for everyone!

o

My seed package is on its way to the Post Office as I type this. John needed to do an errand so I add the errand of going to the post office to his runnings around.

Jaynine, I too was in the WLOMWL swap and might have sent in some duplicates too - I tried cross checking, but I know I didn't always. Nature of the beast when we all join these GREAT swaps. Anywhoo, I don't mind duplicates when I sow for 4+ yards/households.

Sandy

o

hello
Kim I didnt get your address yet.
Im ready to send.
thanks
michelle

o

Just sent it again, Michelle - please let me know if you get it okay.

Thanks,
Kim

o

My seeds are on their way. Hope everyone has a great year.
Thank you Kim for hosting.

o

I have a lot of seeds ready but am waiting another day or two for seeds that I have ordered and want to share.
With the exception of a few veggies, I only ever use a few seeds out of any pack so I like to be able to share them.
Bethb

o

My seeds are all packed up and ready to go. I will get them to the post office either later today or tomorrow.
Thanks for being our hostess!
Jeanne

o

Here they come! Nice fat packs from Poisondartfrog and Jaynine today. It was raining cats & dogs in Huntsville today (at least not birds! How sad was that?) - I met the postal carrier at the door so the seeds wouldn't get wet. On our way, folks!

o

Good Morning All,

My seeds will go out tomorrow, I have had a hard time packing up due to some neck issues.

Kim, I sent you an email the other day...I not only put the name of the player but what garden theme it was for on every one of the 50 some packets that I have ready to go out. I guess I mixed up the rules of this swap and the wlomwls.. I can't even re pack, my neck is not good these days. I can pack the rest properly but wanted to know if I should just not send in the ones that are labeled incorrectly.They have name of player,seed enclosed,year of seed, my gw name and theme that it was meant for...

I'll wait to hear from you.

Thanks,
Lisa

o

Hi Kim,
Just to let you know my seeds were mailed on the 4th.

Cindy

o

I mailed my seeds out last night. Yipppeee... This was fun. It took more time than I expected but I enjoyed it. I couldn't help envisioning these gardens with these themes and it got my creativity going in my own garden plan. Thanks Kim for doing this swap. I included two sets of stamps inside as I decided that I should send "more than enough postage", rather than cutting it close.

o

I mailed mine this morning. Hope you get them soon! Thank you for hosting this swap, Kim!

o

Lisa (ishareflowers), sent you an email.

o
RE: More Arrivals!

Bonanza! Today I received seeds from: Flowergirl34, Lroper2008, Alwaysagarden (I think), Jensyen, Jshipway, Beauswatch, Sandysgardens, and a person who asked to be a donor only.

A lotta seeds here!

o
RE: Initial Thoughts

I have started to go through a couple of the packages sent in. I genuinely hope I have to do very little redistribution - NOT because of any additional work, but you all (at least, all I've seen so far) have taken such great care in your choices & packaging. With any sort of luck, it will work out so that you get all of what was sent in for you.

o

Kim

I'm picturing a good size mountain of seeds that you're playing in! Sounds like everyone has/is doing a GREAT job in packaging their seeds for you. It's still a HUGE undertaking on your behalf (have been there) and it's GREATLY appreciated by all of us.

Sandy

o

New arrivals today from Micyrey & Sandlapper Rose - woohoo!

o

Mailed my package this morning and they said it should arrive Monday or Tuesday. We certainly do appreciate your taking this on. I'm looking forward to my returns.

o

11 out of 26 are here (the kids' are included with their Mom's packages, & my seeds are, of course, here already).

Do not be surprised if I don't get anything for the next couple of days. Northern Alabama/Southern Tennessee area is expecting 3-6 inches of snow Sunday night into Monday. That's enough to shut things down here for a couple of days (if it actually happens).

On the other hand, when I was back in Massachusetts a week or two ago, 24 inches of snow fell one day & the roads were cleared by the next morning. The southerners just don't expect winter weather here!

o

Dropped my seeds at the post office this evening....should be there by wednesday or thursday

Lisa

o

mine are there already, I just sent friday
wish they could all be that fast
thanks
michelle

o

I am SO excited to see what people have sent in! This is, by far, one of my favorite swaps to join in!!!

Drippy ~ I sent my pkg by priority mail yesterday..lol. I didn't even think about the snow. (I'm in GA and you know how everything STOPS at even the prospect of snow! lol) Ah well, at least the seeds will have already been cold stratified! :P

If we could manage to pull it together, later in the season, it'd be fun to post pics of our theme gardens with some of our seeds flowering from this swap. I am dreaming of flowers... NOT the sleet and snow headed our way right now!

Hugs to all,
Wendy / sassyb.

o

Hello Drippy and everyone,
I just came back from the post office, after sending my seeds to you. It has been fun thinking about what all of your theme gardens will look like when they have all sprouted.
Thanks so much for hosting and making this happen.
George

o

Well, no mail today, folks - state of emergency declared by the governor - hey, there's 6 or 7 inches of snow on the ground. Yeah, this northern transplant is having a good laugh. OTOH, I admit I probably am happy not to pay taxes to keep equipment/employees on call that are only needed once in a blue moon.

There's been no plowing action I can see, the highways are still closed, school's closed for tomorrow again, & I'm not hearing any of the air traffic I usually do. Got a chance to get some paperwork caught up; snow days are good for that - but I will get cabin fever if I can't have the wheels rolling by tomorrow!

o
RE: Snow Daze

Well, we'll see what happens today, but school is still closed, and I'm still not hearing any air traffic overhead. Hope we'll get some mail by this afternoon!

Last night, though, I got everything sorted while watching the Auburn/Oregon game. Everyone has a good start to their returns already. It did occur to me that I had forgotten to state in the 'rules' that you don't have to have something for every player on the list - hope I didn't cause too much stress by that, because most of the packages that have been sent in so far have something for everyone or nearly everyone.

Well, off to coffee and more tax work - and maybe a little winter sowing as well.

o

Mail did come today, and brought seeds from Sassybutterfly, Clay_lady, and Buterfliis_mom. I know Lisam627's, Ishareflowers', Suecirish's, Siichan's, Celeegra's and Gee_oh_nyc's are on the way. Beth is in the loop, planning to send. Haven't heard from Yotetrapper, Nottougly, Carrlinesue, Pinenuts, or Moonphase recently, but the only 2 who have been really quiet or whom I haven't had participate in past swaps are Carrlinesue & Pinenuts - if you folks are there, drop me an email to let me know where you are at with sending seeds. Otherwise, I will try to do same to make sure the swap hasn't slipped under the radar for you (it happens sometimes!)

Loving what I see so far - 't will be worth waiting for!

o

Mine are en route. They went out yesterday (sorry I was late!)

o

Received packages from Siichan, Lisam627, and Suecirish today. Have had communication with everyone except Carrlinesue & Pinenuts - I'll try emailing them later to check their status.

One more day of this cold stuff, then we're supposed to get back up above freezing. Just found out my northeast relatives got 19 1/2 inches this afternoon. Glad I am here!

o

Carrlinesue is in - she will mail hers tomorrow, and as I've had a few others still getting stuff out due to inclement weather, this is not a problem. Still haven't heard from Pinenuts.

o

Ishareflowers' and Beth_b_kodiak's packages arrived today. :)

o

Gee_oh_nyc's arrived today, along with a pack that I'm 9/10 sure is Yotetrapper's but will know for certain after I've been through it.

Anyone know Pinenuts personally to get ahold of him/her? I sent an email, but still haven't heard anything. Everyone else is still in the swap, with packages on the way, or pending sending when weather permits.

o

More arrivals: Celeegra's and Nottougly's came today. Moonphase's and Carrlinesue's are on the way, so if I don't hear from Pinenuts, I believe that's everyone.

Off to sort!

o

Its starting to feel like Christmas ...... I am getting very excited about the seeds ... I wish you smooth sorting as I cannot imagine what an undertaking this could be. I think I would obsess for hours about who gets what and what works best blah blah blahhhh... I might not sleep for days. LOL.... aaaaaahhhh so I have revealed my disease. Anyway, thanks again for doing this swap...

Ellen

o

Happy sorting Drippy!

I look forward to getting my package back...

Lisa

o

I sent a final message to Pinenuts this morning. If I don't hear from him/her on this one, I'm going to assume no participation.

When this has happened in the past, what I typically do is redistribute the seeds sent in for that person to other players in the swap. Hopefully you are all watching the postings - you need to let me know if you do NOT want your seeds for Pinenuts redistributed to other players; if you want them returned to you, please either post here or send me an email.

Thanks!
Kim

o

Morning all!
Kim distribute away :)
vina

o

My seeds to Pinenuts can be redistributed. Hope all is well.

o

goodmorning
redistribute please.
thanks
michelle

o

Redistribute as you please,
Alana

o

Redistribute as you please.
Faye!

o

Hi Kim, I just want to let you know that you can also redistribute my seeds for Pinenuts. Good luck!

o

I agree, please redistribute as you see fit! Looking forward to the results! :D

~Wendy / sassyb

o

Of course, redistribute as needed.

o

AOK to redistribute.... not sure if I sent to Pinenuts...

o

Carrlinesue's package arrived today. I know Moonphase's will be here soon, so I am busily sorting & doing a preliminary check for each person on what was sent vs. what was sent in for them.

One of the neat things about this swap is having two ways of packaging. Those that package by individual player make it very easy on the initial sort process. But of course, some of the things that are sent in for a player are the exact varieties they sent to others - since I try to send back all new stuff (don't always succeed 100%, but I have a pretty good track record), the ones who send in seeds packaged by themes they will fit into - and I decide where they go - make the second round much easier.

It's all good! :)
Kim, the master of the run-on sentence (yikes!)

o

Hmm, still no seeds from Moonphase - I sent a quick email off yesterday. I know she was snowed in awhile ago.

I do have everyone else's preliminary organization done, and am about to start doing serious round 1 sorting. Should be able to meet my original schedule of having these out to you by the end of January - and maybe, with a little luck, before.

o

Still haven't heard anything from Moonphase - hope she's ok; she's had some rough patches over the last couple of years. I'm not ready to give up yet, though - still have a lot of sorting to do, so it won't matter if her seeds come a little late.

o
RE: Never Fails...

....that just when I start to worry - I got a message from Moonphase, all is AOK, seeds are in the mail, and I should receive them soon. Onwards and upwards!

o

Thanks for the updates Kim. Glad all is well.

o

Looking good here. I'm excited about the swap and getting seeds started.
We are building a "Pig Proof" ( we hope) garden. The javelinas have chewed up just about everything I have planted the last three years,including very prickly cactus and I think this may stop them.
envisioning a beautiful little garden full of things from GW friends.
BB

o

Ooh I've been having dreams about my theme gardens & of sitting in the midst of all the flowers & veggies with Olive my love. Can't wait to see what we get back before doing serious planning & winter sowing.
Kim thanks so much for organizing this!

o

are we all holding out breath? feels like it...

o

ha ha! Yes, definitely!! :)

o

Moonphase's seeds came today, and I am well into round 2 of the sort (round 3 is final tweaking). I am going to start a new thread, now, as we are getting close to the limit on this one. Please post to that.

Thanks,
Kim

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here