Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tracyvine

UPDATE: Petal Pushers: Sharing Our Thanksgiving Traditions 2

tracyvine
16 years ago

Welcome to The Petal Pushers: Sharing Our Thanksgiving Traditions!

{{gwi:1303521}}

Thanksgiving is all about sharing in our bounty, celebrating friendships, new and old, spending time with our families and friends and continuing on with old traditions and making new ones! I would like each of us to send a favorite family recipe to our partner along with some nice table setting or serving pieces that we would love to see decorating our Thanksgiving Table. We can send anything from wonderful seasonal spices, homemade baked goods, dry mixes of our favorite quick breads (along with the directions to finish it), Thanksgiving napkins, turkey decorations, autumn themed towels, pot holders, wooden spoons, spatulas or any other helpful item in making our Thanksgiving Celebration a success. Please also include some plant items such as bulbs, seeds and any other dormant tuberous plant that you think your partner might enjoy. If you happen to be partnered up with someone in a similar warmer climate feel free to exchange live plants. I thought this would be one more wonderful way to bring us all closer in the spirit of giving and being thankful for all that we have and would love to share. Please share some of your favorite holiday stories with us too! There is nothing like the holidays to bring out the crazy side of our relatives so I am sure that each of us has some memorable holiday hilarity to share!

Some guidelines to use for trading are to please fill a flat rate sized USPS box. This doesnÂt need to be sent Priority unless there are live plants inside. Please use Delivery Confirmation and Post the DC# here on the boards once your box has been shipped. You must be at least 18 years of age to participate in this exchange. If you are not a member of Petal Pushers please contact Sassy for a questionnaire. New Members are always welcome and strongly encouraged to join but are required to send your box to your partner first to safe guard good trading! Please take a peak at your partnerÂs trade list to see if there is something special there that you might be able to send. Sign ups will be open until November 3rd and Partners posted on the 4th. I hope that we can have a mailing date of no later than November 15th so we can all be ready for the Thanksgiving Feast with the help of Our Petal Pushing Friends!

Partners have already been posted for this exchange but if you would like to become a member of The Petal Pushers please contact Sassyd for a questionaire to tell us a little bit about yourself. New members are more than welcome! The more the merrier!

glitter-graphics.com

Comments (64)

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Anita, are ya'll charging for processing??? I KNOW that upkeep on that kind of equipment (not to mention the time spent) is great. We LOVE venison and game here, and I know that it costs alot to process it, we do alot of it ourselves also but sheesh to be doing it for others on the machines you have I really hope you are at least asking for some kind of returns.

smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey ladies! Nice to see everyone popping in!

Jeanne, Happy Thanksgiving to you! I hope you don't stuff yourself too much too! I just finished making up the menu for our family today and got the grocery list all set! Now to start hunting down my ingredients!

Mariann, My mom is on fosomax (sp?) for bone density. She doesn't have any depletion, just precautionary after her hysterectomy. When she first started on it we couldn't believe all of the little tricks that you have to do when you take it. It must be very irritating to the stomach to have such strict rules. I understand that Boniva is not quite as rough on the stomach. I hope you have good results with it.

That is so nice of the podiatrist to agree that a second opinion is a good idea. He must be a good doctor to have her best interest at heart like that. That is too bad that she has a long wait to get in for the test. I will hope for a cancellation so she can squeak in early.

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Sorry for not popping in sooner but Mariann you're getting a couple of boxes, hope you like! Sorry so late!

Sassy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago
  • galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-I'll be on the lookout.

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Hi All,

Nope, DH & I are not charging anything for it, that's why I think we better put a screech to it. Have 3 more to do today, then hopefully we will have a lull & I can get my boxes out.

Becki,
    Thank you so much for the awesome box, Will post contents when I have more than 30sec's, will also post your D/C when yours goes out. :)Anita

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow! Only 4 more days until Thanksgiving! I finally got my turkey today! The menu is all set! I have been cleaning and purging my house like a crazy person these last few weeks. It is so great to get rid of old stuff!

Anita, I definitely agree with Pixie! Start charging those freeloaders! LOL! My hubby has loaned equipment, brought equipment over and operated his machinery to help friends out, and it really adds to the wear and tear on things. These people are never offering to pay for routine maintenance and which really does add up! We had one person borrow a very expensive partner saw and they put the wrong gas in it. Burned up the motor and it had to be replaced. They did pay for the repairs but it still left us with downtime with the business.

Monica, I sent an email to your addy that you posted in the last thread. If it doesn't show up in your inbox please check your bulk/spam folder.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Tracy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hello again! I am posting the most recent update on this month's swap. I am really hoping that everyone can get the last of the boxes out by Monday at the latest. Please send them Priority at this point because the goal is to have them received by Thanksgiving. There will not be mail delivery on Thursday so Monday really is the last shot at getting them there on time.

Hottshot sends to Pixiesluvplants
    Beckilove sends to Nyvoices~~~~~~~~~Received/Anita will post later today
    Gallium sends to Hottshot~~~~~~~~~~~Received/waiting for Monica to post
    Pixiesluvplants sends to DebbyA
    Hazelnutbunny sends to Sassyd~~~~~~~Received
    Sassyd sends to Gallium~~~~~~~~~~~~Sent?/Sorry, can't find the DC posting, sweetie.
    Nyvoices sends to Beckilove
    DebbyA sends to Tracyvine~~~~~~~~~Received
    Tracyvine sends to Hazelnutbunny~~~~~Received

Please remember to post a note to your sender after you have received your boxes. I know that each of us works very hard at personalizing our box to our partner's likes. There is always a special little something that our partner is excited for us to get. It is heartwarming to read when we hit the mark!

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Hello ladies!

I AM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT POSTED! I have been sick. I've also had SEVERAL unexpected change of plans this last week and everything has just been nuts.

Mariann, I did recieve your box- THANK YOU SO MUCH! What a lovely box it is!

I got a Pfaltzcraff (sp?) pumpkin with lid and a BEAUTIFUL fall leaf plate to go with it. What an unexpected lovely surpise. I got a beautiful card to go with it that tells me the pattern it is. It is my very first peice of Pfaltzcraft (SP?) and is absolutely perfect for my first new home. I'm hosting my first Thanksgiving this year and can't wait to see it on the table. I'm using it as a centerpiece on my dining room table and have put chcolates in it.
    I also recieved a lovely homemade Chrsitmas ornament by Mariann. It is a glass bulb that has beading around the whole ball of crystal beads and fresh water pearls. OUTSTANDING craftsmanship Mariann! I love it!
    I ALSO recieved three bulbs od Narcissus Paperwhite Ziva! I can't wait to have these planted and having the beautiful fragrance fill my home over the winter season.
    Thank you so much for the lovely gifts Mariann!
    Pixie, I did send out your package by the deadline. I DID get a DC number for it. The problem is- we had guests over the weekend and since I was sick- my DH cleaned the house (AMAISINGLY) and took care of the girls at the same time. I think he now appreciates what I do more3. The problem is that he cleaned the PC desk and has thrown out the DC paper that I had next to my keyboard. Does anyone know how I could get the number from the PO? I DID send the package priority mail so if you have not recieved it, it should be today or tomorrow.
    My goodness what a mess of things my cold has done for this swap for me. I do sincerely apologize ladies for my lack of correct participation.
    Onb top of all of that- I ende4d up doing my very first craft fair this weekend and it was horrible! The fair did not have a good turn out at all. I guess the good thing about it is that I have the expirience now, got to talk to other crafters, know what to price things, and know how I will set up my table.
    Now that I'm feeling somewhat better- I have Thanksgiving to get ready for of course. I've got a lot of baking and such to do today on top of the usual dishes, laundry, and talking care of the girls. Gosh, I don't know how women do it sometimes.
    Well, again, I'm sorry I haven't been able to post sooner. Thank you all so much for thinking of me. I hope all is well and forgiven and I will check in later!
    -Monica

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Quick post here to let Deb know that her box if finally enroute. Confirmation # is 0306 0320 0001 9467 2696.

Be back laters.

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Monica! I am so relieved to here that you are doing ok. We were getting worried about you. Glad you are feeling better. I know how crazy life can get sometimes! Mariann sent you a wonderful box! It all sounds beautiful!
    I would love to see the ornament she made! It sounds gorgeous! Congratulations on the hubby pitching in while you were sick. It is so nice when they get a small taste of all we do to keep life running smoothly on the homefront!

Mariann, that was such a wonderful box that you sent to Monica. Absolutely Perfect!

Pixie! How are you sweetie? I haven't talked to you in sooooo long! I have been crazy busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and I just booked another party to cater for next month! Busy busy busy! Ah!

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Tracy

• galium
    16 years ago

Monica-I sent you an email. Glad you're feeling better. I'm so happy you liked what I sent.

Sassy-Received your email thanks for the heads up sweetie.

It's been snowing here on and off for 2 days. No accumulation though. Just cold and wet.

Mariann

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Girls I'm having a time with dc#'s this swap, lol. I just received the dc# this morning, which is unusual, from that company, and when I checked it, it showed delivered this morning, so I emailed Mariann, (I think the grinch hid it from her:) Anyway, so no one will say I didn't post one lol, UPS 1Z 4X1 580 03 8087 021 6

Mariann I'm so sorry, your other box is on the way too but my SIL has forgotten to email me the dc#, I'll take care of that tommorrow.

I hope you don't think I've lost it, when you open your first little box, just something I thought would be helpful.
    I know I love mine.

All you girls bogged down in cakes, puddin', pies, and everything else, yep, me too! I made a bath of fruitcake cookies on Sunday, the receipe calls makes 12 dozen, they're almost gone, so making more.

Oh, Pixie are you still going to host for Dec. Just let me know, thanks sweetie.

I'll try to check back later, trying to clean tonight then cook the next 2 days. Have a good one everybody.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hottshot sends to Pixiesluvplants~~~~~~Sent
    Beckilove sends to Nyvoices~~~~~~~~~Received/Anita will post later
    Gallium sends to Hottshot~~~~~~~~~~~Received
    Pixiesluvplants sends to DebbyA~~~~~~Sent
    Hazelnutbunny sends to Sassyd~~~~~~~Received
    Sassyd sends to Gallium~~~~~~~~~~~~Received
    Nyvoices sends to Beckilove
    DebbyA sends to Tracyvine~~~~~~~~~Received
    Tracyvine sends to Hazelnutbunny~~~~~Received

We are very nearly to the end of this months exchange. I can't believe how quickly this month has flown! Just 3 days till Thanksgiving! I am dreaming of Turkey and stuffing! Thank you for allowing me to host, this has been a lot of fun for me.

Tracy

• nyvoices99
    16 years ago

Good Morning Everyone.
    Becki sent me:
    Home Made Apple Pie Preserves
    " " Grand Cranberry Jam
    2 Fall Hand Kitchen Towels
    Wilton Cupcake Party Pack
    Fall Place Cards
    Recipe For Triple Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie
    2 Packs Jell-O Pumpkin Spice Pudding (for pie)
    Ground Cinnamon (for pie)
    Bag Of Pecans (for pie)
    Ginger Crystals
    3 handmade Heart's
    6 Piece Mini Cookie Cutters
    3 Dif Flavored Coffees (My Son Will Love, Sorry, I don't drink Coffee)
    2 Hot Cocoa Mixes
    Bag Nestle Holiday Chips
    Recipe for Easy DBL Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie.

Thank you so much Becki;)

Becki's D/C #0103 8555 7493 0040 6516
    Have a great day all..:)Anita

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Tracy, I'm sorry to say Mariann's box was NOT delivered yesterday:(((((( She & I both are aware of the problem, I bought her a little something from QVC and apparently they gave me an old tracking # they had used before and it just happened to ship to NJ. Anyway, her package will get to her, this just makes me sick.

But she will have a package by Thanksgiving her other box is being delivered tommorrow, UPS 1z6408w10257141556

Mariann, I'll say again, I'm so sorry about this but I think once you get the other one you'll find it worth the wait, I love mine!

Well I have a Red Velvet Cake calling me, I'll check in soon. Have a great day everybody.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sassy! I am so sad for you that QVC goofed that up for you guys! Mariann, I think I know what it is! I know that you will LOVE it!

Anita! that sounds like some yummy stuff that Becki sent to you! As someone who has had some of Becki's Tasty Treats before I have to say you are in for a delicious treat! Great Job Becki!

Well that is that! All the boxes are enroute! I can't wait to see what everyone has gotten! I love reading all the posts after you guys open those boxes up! So much fun seeing how happy they make everyone!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi Ladies,

Its been really busy here so I haven't been able to get online as much.

I received an awesome jam packed box today! OMGoodness Monica you packed this box full!!! Everything was soo pretty in their own wraps too! Here are the goodies that I received from Monica... Wait first I have to brag on the box itself! A beautiful Fall cover was over the top of the box and had both addresses (to and from) on it. That was soo neat! Ok heres what was in the box.

a really fun Family Thanksgiving Recipe booklet featuring some of Monica's family's recipes. (can't wait to try them all out, they sound YUMMY!)
    unknown Dayliy; unknown tulips, (can't wait til spring whooohooo) and OH MY soo many seeds!!!. "Kiss me over the Garden Gate"; "Lantana"; Miss Willmeth Polentilla; Hot Biscuits Amaranthus; Sweet Williams; Melting Sugar Snow Peas; Hummingbird Rod; Mauve Mallow; and Fuschia 4 O'Clocks.

Some Celestial Seasons Tangerine Orange Zinger Tea
    Spiced Cider Mix
    Cinnamon Tea Lights
    a Yellow Crocheted Pot Holder (I love these kinds)
    Spiced Pumpkin Incense Cones
    Glitter Pepperment Incense Sticks (have one burning right now and mmmmm smells delicious!)
    A Vanilla Sugar Oil Diffuser
    a magnetic Shopping list Note pad (really needed a new one of these sweetie!)
    AND.. an Adorable Terra Cotta Flower Pot Ornament!

Monica Thank you so much sweetie for everything! I love it all!!!! I hope I didn't forget to list anything, there was soo much in the box!

Smiles and will be back later.
    Pixie

• galium
    16 years ago

Sassy-My curiosity is really piqued about the QVC gift. Can't wait to get it. Although if you picked it out it has to be special.

I made cranberry sauce from scratch today. Good grief that stuff is sour. My DD will love it! Tomorrow I'm making Chocolate Mousse. It takes hours but worth every spoon full.

Pixie-Monica sent you a great box! Sounds like she had fun putting it together.
    {{gwi:1313409}}

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie! That is an awesome box darlin! All of it sounds great! Monica, I have never heard of Hot Biscuit Amaranthus, perfect for Miss Pixie 'cause she makes the most awesome biscuits! Totally Yummy!

Miss Pixie, you have a little something headed your way. Young Theo dropped it at the PO today for me on his way to work.

Mariann, those berries are a sour bunch aren't they! The first time I made it they really made me pucker, but they are so much tastier than the jiggly canned stuff! I am using Becki's Cranberry Grand Muriel Preserves this year. I dipped into them and they are sooooooo good! Your Chocolate Mousse sounds amazing! I hope everyone takes a picture of their tables this year! I love how beautiful they look all set for company!

• sandlapper_rose
    16 years ago

I know it's early but popping in to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I think it will be very busy around here from now until Friday evening. I'm sure it's the same for many of the rest of you.
    For those who begin Christmas shopping on Friday, good luck! I always try to stay out of that madness, but I understand some enjoy shopping at 4 am. (Well, really I can't understand it, but that's okay...LOL)

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jeanne, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! I hope you enjoy your feast and family! Have lots of fun, eat too much and laugh your head off at all the crazy relatives! I'm with you, no Friday madness for me. I will probably still be cleaning up after Thursdays Gorge Fest! Best of luck to the power shoppers!

Tracy

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Girls - I totally stay away from the Black Friday mess! Yuck! I once in a while end up in Walmart that afternoon, and might pick up a thing or two if the price is still low, but that's about it. That does NOT sound like fun to me!

Oh, and thank you, Tracy! I'm glad you liked them!! You are way too sweet!

Glad you got your box, Anita! The beaded hearts are ornaments, just in case you didn't realize it. My kids and I made them, and we love having them hanging on our tree. Sorry it's nothing more exciting!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Jeanne, I am NOT a shopper so needless to say I most definately STAY OUTTA the stores on Black Friday, I have gone once with my Mom but thats been the extent of it. lol

I still haven't read all the posts on this thread that I missed while I was MIA, but I will catch up sometime.

Tracy now who is it that can't keep a secret? You silly Ducky.

JUST FOR A HINT.... I AM POSTING DECEMBERS PETAL PUSHIN' SWAP IN THE MORNING SO YA'LL BE SURE TO CHECK IT OUT. I am sure it will surprise ya! (oh Morning to me is anytime after midnight that I am awake til it comes to noontime)

Smiles,
    Pixie

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Woo HOO! Miss Pixie, I can't wait to see what you are up to! WHAT? I can too keep a secret! I didn't spill the beans! No way no how! I just tease a little is all. LOL! You are such a turkey!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Yeah Yeah your all QUACK QUACK ma sweet Devil Ducky!!!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

So you say! Ha! I think I am more of a swan! HONK HONK! From what I've seen they're pretty ornery! LOL!
    {{gwi:1313411}}

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

ok you say Swan I say Ducky both can be onery at times! But..... how many swans ya have with horns??? eh eh? hee heee hee.

• hotshott
    16 years ago

Pixi,
    I'm so glad you got your box and enjoyed it so much. I really had a great time shopping for it. I make a lot of those dishclothes if you want anymore in dofferent sizes and colors.
    I've got to keep the post short and simple today. I've got company comming this afternoon. It's a race against time at this point.\
    I hope everyone has a lovely thanksgiving!
    -Monica

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ah Pixie, you've got me there! LOL! I definitely have my horned ducky devil and no horned swan! LOL!

Monica, Have a great visit with your company! Happy Thanksgiving to you dear!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Myspace Graphics at WishAFriend.com

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!!!

Pixie

• galium
    16 years ago

I received two boxes from Sassy this afternoon. I'm absolutely thrilled with everything she sent.

Firstly was a box from QVC. Inside was a beautifully wrapped box with a note from Sassy. She sent me a set of 3 spatulas. a spoontula and a baster brush. These are the most sturdy spatulas I've seen. I love them!!! Part of the spatula attach's to a pot or bowl, very clever. All I have are two little ones that my DD left when she moved out. I'm finishing up my Chocolate Mousse which needs a lot of folding. These will get a lot of use.

I also received another box from Sassy. The first thing I opened was a Christmas tin filled with chewy fruit cake cookies. They are delicious! Two pot holders with embroidered pumpkins and a 7 piece Christmas kitchen set (2 potholders, 1 oven mit, 2 kitchen towels and 2 dish cloths). I needed these badly. There was a Rose bath and body set with lotion, gel, soaps, salts, toe separators and a scrubby all packed in a pretty pink carrying case. Also a rose scented bath cake and a warm sugar cookie candle.
    She sent me 2 Christmas ornaments one is a little angel and the other a ginger bread house. They are adorable. Plus a mug with a saying 'Dear God Christmas is like a good friend it always shows up' and a magnetic Christmas shopping list.

Sassy thank you for everything. I feel so blessed by your generosity and kindness. I love it all.

Mariann

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

That is an awesome box Mariann!!! Way to go Sassy!

Monica, I am making your Mac & Cheese right now, its going to go in the oven at 4.5 and thats what we are havin for supper tonight! I can't wait!!!!

I hope everyone takes a break from their cooking and baking just for themselves! I know its a busy day for alot of you ladies but just remember yourselves too and take a breather now and then.

I will start baking and cooking for Christmas in about a week or so. I am going to do a family Christmas Dinner here this year but it will just be fox, myself and the boys. But I like to bake and cook for gifts.

Smiles, hugs and keep your chins up ladies!
    Pixie

• galium
    16 years ago

Ooops I forgot one item. Apple and Cinnamon muffin mix. I'm licking my chops.........
    {{gwi:1308525}}

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Awwe Mariann I'm just so happy it got there before Thanksgiving! I have a set of those spatulas and they're awesome, figured with all the baking you could use them. I love the fact that they can't slide down into the bowl or have to lay them down and make a mess. I'm for anything that makes less mess in my kitchen. So glad you like everything.

Well like most of you I have 25 things going on in the kitchen so I better get back. I wish all you of girls a wonderful day tommorrow with your families and I'll surely be giving blessings for all of my GW friends also.

Sassy

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mariann! I am nearly giddy at all those goodies that Sassy sent to you! Those spatulas sound FANTASTIC! Yummmmmmmmmm, the fruit cake cookies sound excellent!

Woo Hoo Miss Sassy! You're the tops! Like you, I came in for a quick minute to see what my gal pals are up to on this busy night! I just finished my filling for the chocolate rum cream pie and the crust is just popping out of the oven! On to chopping vegies for my stuffing, got my bread all cubed and ready. Will be letting it all meld overnight and then shove it in that big birds bottom in the morning! I am giddy for stuffing, rubbing my hands together in glee!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Well Ladies,

I love stuffing but don't care for it in the bird. I am sorry but anything that is stuffed in the cavity of a big bird that has already TWICE (first the innerds then the neck, and giblet thingies) had things removed from that same cavity just doesn't sound very appetizing to me. lol I should say that when I cook Christmas dinner and the turkey (which I don't eat anyways, not a poultry person) I stuff the behonkis with onions, carrots, celery, sage leaves, bay leaves, thyme leaves and basil leaves. THEN if people want to eat that its there for them.

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh Lord, I have so many stuffing comments right now and none of them are appropriate to post! LOL! I will just sit here and quietly giggle to myself like a dithering dolt! LOL!

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

lmao not even going to ask ya to elaborate on that Devil Ducky!!!!!

• hazelnutbunny
    16 years ago

Bad girls!! LOL

I made my hubby stuff the turkey's behonkis.....No way am I sticking my hand between some birdie's legs, thank you very much.
    Blech!
    I'm gonna have a hard enough time EATING the thing, after watching him wrestle with it tonight.
    Ick!
    Just something about seeing a naked bird, being man-handled and having bread stuffed up his..hiney..well...
    *shudder*

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pixie: Good! I won't go into it! LOL!

Bunny, that man you have is so well trained! He cooks, he cleans, he delivers babies! He is super HUBBY! I am becoming more jealous by the minute! My DH is currently snoozing on the couch and has been since we got up from the dinner table tonight!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Petal Pushing Friends! I hope everyone has a great meal, many laughs, and easy clean up! Have a very safe and happy holiday everyone!

Tracy

• sassyd
    16 years ago

Is anyone else around here dead tired? lol What a wonderful day, I hope all you girls had one just as great!
    I thought about ya'll while eating, knowing you had your own good food, but wishing you could taste mine! I did great if I do say so myself, everyone hurt so bad all evening, but it was worth it. I fed 20 people, they all tooks plates home for tonight and I still have food, lol, but I think we can handle whats left. I hate it when I've cooked too much and left with alot of food.

Well I'm just sitting back chillin' now. Hope you all are too.

Sassy
    This is what I looked like this evening without the bathing suits of course....and we had recliners

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sassy, love the bikinis! LOL! I was whipped last night! UGH! Dead tired today still to! Dinner was fantastic last night, everyone ate till they were ready to burst! We weren't able to eat pie until really late. No room in the bellies! I'm still full.

I bet your dinner was awesome! I would love to come over and dig in! YUM!

Woke up this morning to a snow filled backyard! Shook my head, thought I was seeing things for a minute! LOL! Happy winter!

• Debra Andruska
    16 years ago

I tried to post this earlier and for some reason the computer connection died and lost the post!

I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving, I hope everyone else did too! We ended up going to my Mom's plus my Mother in Laws. My poor kids! I could tell that they couldn't fit another bite in by the time my MIL pulled out several Baker square pies! Eating at two places was difficult, LOL! I vowed not to even eat today, LOL! That passed by the time I woke up! My Mom sent us home with LOTS of leftovers! We had ham and eggs this morning, and will have leftover turkey, stuffing, potatoes, greenbean casserole for dinner tonight! I'm tired of turkey! The Tyler Florence Turkey was delicious! Using maple syrup, it was so sweet and juicy!

Pixie's box arrived on Wednesday night, Thank you so much Pixie for such a great box! Pixie sent 2 beautiful, large white ceramic gravy boats! Plus a package of "Cheers" tulips (cream colored), 6 tiny wine glass candles (that look adorable when lit), really nice hardcovered "Simple 1-2-3 Holiday" Cookbook! Bag of Chili lime peanuts, 3 gourmet cookies for the dogs, they are thrilled and send sloppy kisses Pixie for the cookies! Also, a really cute pewter snowman for my Chrismtas tree! 2 Avon Angel soaps! Pixie you sent too much! I really LOVE it all though! Thanks for making my box so special!

Hugs,
    Deb

• galium
    16 years ago

I was beat too. Dinner was wonderful my DH out did himself. My DD and I couldn't squeeze in a piece of pie but we did eat Chocolate Mousse.

Sassy-Thank you for the Thanksgiving card. Such a wonderful surprise.

I talked with a few family members yesterday. My DB called yesterday morning, my aunt (my Dad's sister) called and one of my cousins (who lives in WV) called me. It was great talking to them.

Hope everyone relaxed today. Left overs tonight Yeah!!!.
    Mariann

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

Hi ya'll, I am happy everyone had a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Deb, you are very welcome and I am glad you liked the goodies. Give those babies a big wet smoochers back for me sweetie!

Smiles all,
    Pixie

• beckilove
    16 years ago

Hello ladies! After a long day at my craft show, I came home to a wonderful box from Anita! Wow, girl! I had no idea you could stuff so many fantastic things into one of these boxes!! Anita sent:

Lots of lollipops - my kiddos love them!
    A bunch of daylily seeds
    2 voodoo lily bulbs
    A Milk + Honey brug
    A Frosty Pink brug (OMG - I can't WAIT to grow these!!!)
    An agave - so cool - my first!
    A Commander In Cheif Asiatic Lily bulb
    An Easter Bonnet Lily bulb
    A Rhodos Asiatic Lily bulb
    A Kiss Me Kate Lily bulb (wow - I love all these lillies!!!)
    Rose Mallow seeds
    Crackerjack Marigold seeds
    Evening Primrose seeds
    Maltese Cross seeds
    2 boxes of corn muffin mix and a recipe for Broccoli Cornbread (sounds yummy!)
    A garden trowel (I needed this - all my cheap ones have bent like crazy!)
    Pumpkin baking cups (always can use these!!)
    Lots of napkins
    A leaf sticker sheet
    A LOVELY flower plaque
    A Garden All - it looks fantastic! I'll bet this works great!
    A beautiful handcrafted dream catcher - wow, this is lovely! I will hang this in somewhere special!
    A beautiful rose flat - I'll need to put the flagpole back up on the porch!
    A dolphin windsock
    A Lucky Clover grow kit - awesome!
    A Sunflower Grow kit - very cool too!
    A wooden spoon (thanks - my Lily keeps taking off with mine!), wrapped in a beautiful fall colors towel!
    2 Cappuccino lip balms - yummy!!!

Wow - I hope I got it all! You packed an INCREDIBLE box, Anita! Thank you so very much! I feel like my box was so inferior now!

Going now to hang up my beautiful dream catcher!

Becki

• pixiesluvplants
    16 years ago

WOW Becki that box sounds WONDERFUL!!!! Great box Anita!!!!

• tracyvine
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anita, that was an awesome box that you sent to Becki! Congratulations Becki! Now, I believe, THAT'S A WRAP! Thank you everyone for sending such wonderful boxes to your partners! This has been fantastic! See you in the December Swaps!

Tracy