Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

o
UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Posted by pattygrow5 z6Pa (pattygrow5@yahoo.com) on
Sun, Nov 8, 09 at 20:37

Hi all,We are up to 7 threads and the seeds aren't even all in yet. I wanted to start this so you could have a place to chat if the other filled up before I got home from work tomorrow.
This is the updated list as of today
1 pattygrow5-HERE mostly done I am still waiting for a few
2 angelady
3 morguegirl
4 ilovefarac
5 ollierose
6 sguanzon
7 austinnhanasmom-SENT
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady
10 stage_rat
11 highalttransplant
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
15 ishareflowers-RECEIVED
16 barefootgardner12
17 agirlsgirl
18 lisam627_ohio_z6
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
20 just1morehosta-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin
22 joy_unspeakable
23 poisondartfrog-RECEIVED
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
27 sassybutterfly_2008
28 ggwrn
29 julie_mn
30 kamiljablo
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc
33 sandlapper_rose-RECEIVED
34 ruthz
35 bhnash
36 gardenmom2
37 jas_il
38 strmywthr3
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in
43 paulan70
44 smpetrou
45 sakura_komichi
46 sandysgardens
47 vikingkirken
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic
51 chemocurl
52 gmom2-6boys
53 smitties
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo
56 rane_grow
57 esiuol
58 alwaysagarden-RECEIVED
59 jacoblily
60 micyrey-RECEIVED
61 threeshyacres
62 neohippie
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21
67 grovespirit
68 hibiscusfan
69 luvgardening2
unless someone didn't post that they sent
Patty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

I updated those that requested it over the weekend. I've been busy as a volunteer this weekend for the Lion's Club. Otherwise, I would have done it daily.

Patty - Are you serious? It's only 18 days away already? Where does the time go?

Bonnie - Thanks so much!

Carol - That's awesome! What a terrific steal!

Blessings,
Angela

Here is a link that might be useful: 11-09-09 Updated - All Member Compiled Want Lists Page

o

Got another 50 packs done last night, only 100 to go LOL.

o

I have a question?
Who is helping Patty again?
cAROL

o

Patty I sent my seeds in yesterday, didn't make it to 250 pks but have around 150. It has been nice out this week so I cut my seed packing off to work outside, cleaning up the garden, flower beds, and washing windows. Spent most of yesterday trying to find seeds from my geranium. Either they have all dropped off or too tiny for me to find. Looked at the seed site but still didn't help so finally gave up!!!!! HAVE A LOT TO LEARN
Paula your flower beds are beautiful, hope I can get mine to look half that good someday-not to good at placement. Hugs to all. Suzanne

o

Carol - Angie, agirlsgirl, is helping Patty sort through all the seeds we send in.

o
re: update

Just wanted to clarify myself on my want list. I had added unusual annuals, guess I also ment self sowing annuals. Changed it on my want list but Angela you do not have to do it over.

o

Thank you Ollierose,
So it is

Patty
Angie
and
Angela
Am I correct on this?
cAROL

o

You got it Carol!

Patty - send all seeds to her house, Patty sorts and packs
Angie - goes to Patty's and helps her with sorting and packing
Angela - provides the long running list of wants via internet

I'm still waiting to harvest some seeds, but do have a lot packed up already. I just hope the seeds I'm waiting on are ready in time!

I'm planning to go through all the want lists one last time once I've packed everything and hope to fill a few additional requests.

Diana

o

I'm getting pretty close to finishing. I only have maybe a dozen more packets to go, but I have a question for you Patty. How are most people shipping their seeds? I'm not even close to 250, and I'm wondering if they will even fit in a bubble envie ... maybe a really big one, LOL! Are most folks using a flat rate box, or bubble envies?

Thanks,
Bonnie

o

I think most are probably using bubble envies, but a box would suffice. Use your bathroom scale and then compare prices on usps.com so you can get the best shipping rate. It may not be completely accurate, but it will give you an idea. Flat rate isn't always cheaper than by weight.

o

I've found the only way for the flat rate priority mail boxes to be cheaper is if you are shipping a box of bricks :) The flat rate priority mail envelopes and small boxes are the same price as any one pound priority mail package, so they only are cheaper if you can cram more than 1 lb of seed into them. Up to 13 oz can go First Class. I had about 1.5 lbs to send which was too big for the small flat rate box or envelope, so I paid the 2lb priority mail rate, which is only $.05 more than parcel post for my zone. Using the medium flat rate box would cost almost twice as much. There is a reason they only give away the flat rate boxes in the post office lobby here now, and not the other sizes....they are such a money maker.

o

Patty - My seeds are on their way. Mailed them this morning. I had around 69 seed packs, which is much more than I thought I would have. I'm glad I was able to fill that many wants. Hope everyone has a great day!

o

Hi Highalttransplant. I had around 150 seed packs all put in sandwhich size ziplock bags and was able to mail them all in a 15in x 11in BE without any problem.

It is such a beautiful day here - in the mid-70's, sunny, and extremely windy. Hope everyone is having a great week. Well off to work on Christmas presents.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

I sent more then 250 packets. I can't say exactly how many, since that's a rule and I have no idea (remember the wine?), but it was closer to 500 then 250 I think. The packets are in the 2x3"ish baggies and if I sent quite a few to one person, I placed the baggies in a larger baggie.

I had purchased whatever the envie is that's bigger then 8x11, 10x15 maybe, at Walmart.

I shipped a bulb of garlic so an envie wouldn't really work.

I tried the small flat rate box but it was too small/narrow for the garlic bulb..The large flat rate box was way too big for my shipment. What I did then was get a priority box, not flat rate, and it was also way too big but I cut it down. Inside I added the 10x15 envie for the return shipment.

My box was less then $8, priority with free delivery confirmation because I printed the label at home.

o

Ooops. Patty - I forgot to include a return address label. I meant to do that at the PO and forgot! Sorry. I did include my address in the envy.

If return postage should happen to be off for some reason, please let me know. I DID include return postage, so I didn't forget everything!

(Also, I do not mind doubles of seeds, especially veggies).

Thanks again for all your hard work
~ Tracy

o

Hi all sorry I didn't post yesterday am a little under the weather but still had to go to work
I got 2 more 1 envie 1 box
austinnhanasmom and ruthz
here is the updated list

2 angelady
3 morguegirl
4 ilovefarac
5 ollierose
6 sguanzon
7 austinnhanasmom-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady
10 stage_rat
11 highalttransplant
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
16 barefootgardner12
17 agirlsgirl
18 lisam627_ohio_z6
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin
22 joy_unspeakable-SENT
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
27 sassybutterfly_2008
28 ggwrn
29 julie_mn
30 kamiljablo
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash
36 gardenmom2
37 jas_il
38 strmywthr3
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in
43 paulan70
44 smpetrou
45 sakura_komichi
46 sandysgardens
47 vikingkirken
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-SENT
51 chemocurl
52 gmom2-6boys
53 smitties
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo
56 rane_grow
57 esiuol
59 jacoblily
60 micyrey-RECEIVED
61 threeshyacres
62 neohippie
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21
67 grovespirit
68 hibiscusfan-SENT
69 luvgardening2

Carol, agirlsgirl and jacoblily are both coming over to help me angelady doesn't live anywhere near us she does the combined list
I mail boxes to my daughter at college and find that it is much cheaper to send regular mail than use the flat rate box and it takes the same amount of time to get there but she is only 2 hours away.
The seeds will fit into a bubble envie.
I have separate the 3 players seeds I have but don't feel like it will do it tomorrow.
Patty

o

Oops I meant to post that I had used snacksized ziplocks not sandwhich size - my brain must have been outside with all this great sunny weather.

Austinnhanasmom where do you go to print the free delivery confirmation labels? My postal budget needs all the help it can get as less postage means more money to buy what I need for my garden. So glad it is Veteran's Day tomorrow.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Austinnhanasmom where do you go to print the free delivery confirmation labels?
I can field that question. Del confirmation is free when you print out your Priority postage on line.

Go HERE to pay on line. You will need to set up an account. I used a credit card to pay.

Go HERE to get your Postal Zone chart and print it out to have handy.

Once you know what mail zone you are mailing to, you can go HERE to see the cost for different weight parcels to different Mail Zones.

Go HERE to get you a good cheap digital postal scale that will weigh down to 1/10th of an OZ. Very handy when packing seeds or plants to see what is the cheapest way to go. $20 or less is a very good buy for the total cost of the purchase price and shipping). Ebayer justpoundsandounces always has several, some with free shipping and some have a low purchase price and then $16.88 shipping.

Back to making daff labels for planting tomorrow.

Sue

o
RE: One more thing

angelady/Angela,

I just happened to notice that joy_unspeakable had a note on her seed list that said, any seed from my plant want list Might you want to copy her plant list also so those things can be found via the search. I have made a note for myself that I have seeds for her from her plant list, but thought others might also have more for her, if they are known.

Sue...now really going back to daff labels. I'm having GW withdrawal what with having to concentrate on these bulbs...so then I can concentrate on seeds.

o

sorry - should have clarified my post - thanks Sue for explaining it so well -

NOW - I need a postal scale!! For $20, how can I resist?

Lugging two kids into the PO is getting old....

o

Yes, it's so nice to do postage at home. The rule about presenting packages at the counter does not apply, because you are identified through your label.

If you ever want to do Media Mail from home, you can do that through the Paypal link. DC is 19 cents and is required on Paypal, but A. it costs me more than that to drive to the PO, and B. 19 cents is cheaper than if I switched to 1st class and used the USPS site.

Login to Paypal, then enter this:
link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

o

Thanks Sue, Austinnhanasmom, and stage_rat. One other question ... Do you use regular paper to print out postage labels from home and then just tape it onto your package or do you have to have special sticky label paper to print it on?

Best to you and many thanks,
quiltingfox

o

I use regular paper and tape it, but I have received envies that had "label" paper, with the sticky backing.

o

Just one more package I'm waiting on to be complete. Of course I found a few more wishes in the mean time I was able to fill lol. I'm addicted ;)

Patty, just wanted you to know, since my shipping choices are horrific for Parcel Post, I'll be saving funds and sending via flat rate. So figured I'd send some half page shipping labels in with (in case you can use them) since it's no extra cost anyway. I have a ton of them and will NEVER use them all even if I live to be 100.

LOL it was a great deal I got a few years ago (before all the changes) on ebay. Received 22,000 labels for $12.95 and free shipping. Still don't know exactly how the seller was able to do it, but the labels were delivered in 22 boxes of 1000 OMG!!!!!!!!!! I really didn't think it was real lol. I felt like I was Staples or something lol. Needless to say I still have over 15-18 thousand and that's after some water damaged (from a broken water pipe) ones were thrown away.

Have to say I've have certainly gotten my money's worth lol.

Toni

o

LOL - I'm jealous Toni

o

Don't be jealous, just do a big trade with me and I'll throw a pack in lol ;oD

o

WILL DO!!:))

o

I finally finished packing up all of the seeds today, YIPPEE!!! I didn't make 250 like some of you, but I came close to 150 (can't tell you exactly how many, 'cause Patty said not to, LOL). Oh, and I was amazed that they actually DID fit in a big bubble envelope.

The only problem is that now I can't find the email with Patty's address. Patty, or anyone else that reads this, would you mind emailing that to me. Thank you so much : ) The package will go in the mail tomorrow.

Bonnie

o

Do you use regular paper to print out postage labels from home and then just tape it onto your package or do you have to have special sticky label paper to print it on?
I too just use regular printer paper, and then tape all around the label with the clear wide packing tape, and tape across it too. You just have to be careful to NOT put tape across the barcode, or else the PO folks can't scan it for tracking purposes. Another thing too, is if you also print out a SCAN form, it can be scanned at the time the carrier picks up the package, or when you present it to the PO. When they scan the scan form, the Del Confirmation # and tracking will be in the system. If you don't use the SCAN form, I don't think it is in the system until it comes up being shown as DELIVERED. I had to teach my carriers about the Scan Forms, as no one else on this route had ever used them when mailing packages.

I have mastered mailing parcels so as to not have to make any extra trips into town just to mail out a package.

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: All about Click-N-Ship SCAN Forms

o

Click and Ship is okay but I like USPS shipping assistant. If you do much mailing it is handy because you can set up a lot of pre-filled applets. It automatically compares costs for the shipping options available and helps you choose which one to use. Also, you can choose to print with or without paying for postage so you don't have to use your paypal account. Delivery confirmation on elibible items is no charge even if you choose to print the label without postage and take it into your Post Office.
It is a more flexible and comprehensive service-all at no charge. One proviso-you have to download the free program and set up an account to take advantage of all of the available services.

Here is a link that might be useful: USPS Shipping Assistant

o

Hi all I got 3 more seeds today
joy_unspeakable,hibiscusfan,and molanic
updated list here
2 angelady
3 morguegirl
4 ilovefarac
5 ollierose
6 sguanzon
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady
10 stage_rat
11 highalttransplant
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
16 barefootgardner12
17 agirlsgirl
18 lisam627_ohio_z6
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin
22 joy_unspeakable-RECEIVED
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
27 sassybutterfly_2008
28 ggwrn
29 julie_mn
30 kamiljablo
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash
36 gardenmom2
37 jas_il
38 strmywthr3
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in
43 paulan70
44 smpetrou
45 sakura_komichi
46 sandysgardens
47 vikingkirken
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl
52 gmom2-6boys
53 smitties
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo
56 rane_grow
57 esiuol
59 jacoblily
60 micyrey-RECEIVED
61 threeshyacres
62 neohippie
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21
67 grovespirit
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
69 luvgardening2
Bonnie and Carol sent you both e-mails

I guess I will be separating seeds tonight LOL
Patty

o

Thank you all for the wonderful shipping info. Spent my afternoon planting bulbs. Was a beautiful day out. Temps are starting to cool off here, had to wear long pants outside this afternoon. Well off to get something done.

Best to you and many thanks,
quiltingfox

o

Bonnie, Just checking, did you receive Patty's address?

I'm sure several emails came in but I know I sent it too, so if you still need it let me know :)

Toni

o

Hi everyone ! Its been raining for 2 days !! Sure could use some sunshine here !! Quilting Fox, I am so jealous, I would love to get out in my yard but right now its quite soggy ;-(

Well, I finished my seeds for everybody ! I just need to count them and get them packaged up either in a box or a BIG bubble envie ... and I will get them in the mail to Patty ... probably Saturday !! YAY !

o

Thanks for the email Patty, the seeds are on their way!!!

Toni, your email didn't come through. Don't know what's up with GW these days, but sometimes I get them, and sometimes I don't, but thanks for sending it anyway : )

Bonnie

o

Hi
Everyone, I had Planned to have my seeds sent in a couple of weeks ago, but I have been more sick than I can remember being in years. I will however get them in by the deadline even if I have to bribe my hubby or kid to package them.
I am sorry I can't be more active.
Linda

o

Hi,

Last moment request as i remebered it now, if anybody has Dwarft Papyrus, Cyperus/Eqyptian papyrus, umbrella plam, zebra rush seeds I would love some.

grovespirit, I sent you an email not sure if you got it since I have not heard from you.

I am almost done and I will be sending my package in a day or two. I have seeds for everybody but 9 people.
Jasmine

o

Whew!!! I have a BIG Bubble Envy packed and ready to go to the PO on Saturday (11/13) morning!! I was able to match a lot of wants (over the 250 limit) and fill all the special requests I received so hoping I'll be making a few gardeners happy!!

Now the hard part - waiting until my envy arrives back filled with all the seeds that have been selected for me!

Now off I go, I need to get working on the next swap I've joined.

Happy Seeding,
Sandy

o

"Now the hard part - waiting until my envy arrives back filled with all the seeds that have been selected for me! "

Boy do I know how you feel Sandy, I have been thinking about that for a few days now.

Also I wanted to let everyone know (that havent sent in their seeds) that I added Salvia "Black and Blue" to my want list. I hesitated before because I dont think its hardy in my zone, but I have seen post recently about how much their hummers love these. Figured I could just grow from seed every yr. Anything for the butterflies and hummers,lol
Tammy

o

Hi all, you are welcome Bonnie
jas-il I have zebra rush I can send you
Tammy no they are not hardy in zone 6 I have grown them before they are beautiful
Sandy I know what you mean I joined two other swaps I have them ready to go out for one and the one you joined I joined it is an ongoing thing lots of work when you have seeds coming in but it's fun
I will do an updatelist tomorrow night
Patty

o

Hi there-

I wanted to let you all know that I have completed filling up folks wants from my seed box and that they should be out on their way soon. Limit schmimit- who can count when there are so many wants and so many seeds to share!

It always feels so good knowing that there are treasures heading out on their way to so many new gardens!

I do hope we all will find many new treasures to behold.

Thanks Patty and all for another sure to be GREAT exchange!

Julie

P.S. Tammy- the Black and Blue Salvia can be brought indoors and grown on or left to go dormant in a cool basement just like so many other perennials not hardy to your zone. My pot full are going on their 3rd year and just keep getting bigger and better every year.

o

Julie, how do you care for them in the basement? I assume you dont let them dry out completely.
Tammy

o

Hi all,I got 2 more packs today no mail tomorrow so I will post new list now
received from
sguanzon and highalttransplant

2 angelady
3 morguegirl
4 ilovefarac
5 ollierose
6 sguanzon-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady
10 stage_rat
11 highalttransplant-RECEIVED
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
16 barefootgardner12
17 agirlsgirl
18 lisam627_ohio_z6
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
27 sassybutterfly_2008
28 ggwrn
29 julie_mn-SENDING SOON
30 kamiljablo
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash
36 gardenmom2
37 jas_il-SENDING SOON
38 strmywthr3
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in
43 paulan70
44 smpetrou
45 sakura_komichi
46 sandysgardens-SENT
47 vikingkirken
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl
52 gmom2-6boys
53 smitties
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo
56 rane_grow-SENDING SOON
57 esiuol
59 jacoblily
60 micyrey-RECEIVED
61 threeshyacres
62 neohippie
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21
67 grovespirit
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
69 luvgardening2
I am swamped so I have to get back to it
Patty

o

Wow, Patty, I can't believe it got there that fast! I mailed it late Thursday afternoon, and I live in a small town, on the west side of the mountain range.

Now the waiting begins ... (she says, tapping her fingers on the desk)

Bonnie

o

Hey, I was just curious. Has anybody here ever grown red or purple firespike?? I was thinking about adding this to my want list but I'm not sure how difficult they are to grow.

o

Hi Everybody! It has been awhile! I have been busy collecting seeds ,yard clean up,mulching and some indoor projects...all the good stuff that keeps you from having fun...lol...well, the seed collecting is fun,of course! :)

I have been having a blast thinking of how many of these seeds are going to make some gardeners very happy! I am still holding out for a few "reluctant ripeners",some of them are stubborn! Like boiling water,watch it,and it will never boil! I sure hope they are ready by the time the deadline arrives! There are some good ones I REALLY want to send!!! :)

I also have a Black and Blue Salvia indoors. Mine is under lights for now. My light is not too good in the house,so I figure I can try to keep it tamed throughout the winter in my light unit. So far it is very happy and growing like crazy! I imagine if you are letting it go dormant you would want to water it occasionally to keep the roots alive. If mine decides it doesn't want to be tame,in the garage it will go!;) I agree the plant is worth it and am ever so happy to see someone in z4 has managed to keep one going for a few years bringing it in....that is so encouraging,thank you Julie! :)

Has anyone thought of playing any games this year? I know last year so many had a great time while pining away for our seeds to arrive! I so look forward too the pining...lol..Although I will be helping Patty pack seeds I am going to try to keep myself from looking at mine too much,I love the surprise of the goodies! My plan is to take mine home in an envy and open them just like everybody else,well except Patty,she gets that surprise feeling over and over again as the envies come in! I am sure being the hostess of the swap,Patty is first on all of our lists,(aside from being the first on the list of players...lol..),so I am hoping we all are going to put a huge smile on her face everyday until the deadline! I am sure we will,we have yet again,a wonderful group of people playing again this year!!! My only regret is not having the time to hang out and chit chat with you guys more often throughout the process of the swap! I am sure we will all have more time as the season comes to an end for many of us!:)

I am so glad to see you all are enjoying yourselves and that the season has seemed to be good to all of you!:)

Happy Seed Packing!:)
Angie

o

Angie if I find the black and blue, I will probably do as you are, just bring it in, and if that dont work, let it go dormant.
Tammy

o

Hi there Tammy-
You and Angie are both correct- about once a month I will give the pots in the mostly unheated basement not under lights and not actively growing just a bit of water. For a huge pot I can barely lift- maybe a cup of water.
I do not want it to be stimulated into growing, and I do not want it to rot or get moldy, but I do not want them to dry out and die completely either.
They will occasionally flush with a bit of growth after the days start getting longer but I don't start giving them warmth and more light and water and weak fertilizer till the weather is warmer outdoors. I just simply do not have enough natural light in the winter here- and what is under lights in the basement are the new crop for the year.
I routinely have the pots of pineapple salvia- the black and blue salvia- brugmansia and datura as well as elephant ears- pineapple lilies, agaves, even some grasses come in for the winter. Almost all go to the cold dark basement to wait while the winter passes.
I grow these in pots- and will swap out some fresh potting medium in the spring- and divide them then as well. I do not disturb the roots in the fall unlike cannas and dahlias and other non hardy tubers and rhizomes which must be lifted and stored here in the north land.
I allow the pots to be bitten by frost hard- but I do not let the roots freeze. I will cut most of them back and store them in a cold corner of the basement until I put them closer to the grow lights in the spring.
I know of a few folks who keep pepper/caspium plants alive for years this way here in MN. (!!!)
The fun part is seeing what the companion plants in the pots will do- some give up and die- but others just don't quit! Did you know that Jewels of Opar- Talinum Paniculatum makes a great house plant for those non gardener folks because it just wont quit growing! It is reported to taste like spinach, and will continue to grow even during severe drought conditions in Australia.
Plants are just plain surprising! Year after year there is always something more to learn and see and try!
Happy discoveries!

Julie

o

Well, I finally finished. Whew, that was quite a job. I worked on it a little bit at a time for the last few weeks.

I will be mailing my envelope out tomorrow. I have just over 200 seed packets going out. Gotta give Patty credit, thats a big job. :)

Thanks Patty, Margo

o

Hey, Julie - some great information in that last post of yours. I printed it out for reference. I just ditched a pepper plant that had stopped producing; maybe I'll try to winter DH's Corno di Toro pepper over. The whole wintering things over bit is a new experience for me in this climate. We haven't had a hard frost yet - I have a hydrangea on the porch that is starting to lose its leaves, but that also has new bud growth on it. I'm hoping that one in particular - oh, okay, and my beach plum, and my bay plant, and... - stays alive until I get to a permanent garden.

o

I agree with drippy. Thats was very helpful Julie, I took notes.
Tammy

o

I have two red firespikes but they didn't seem to do well this year - didn't grow very tall and didn't bloom. They did better for me the first two years that I had them. Of course, those were hot and dry summers so maybe they are trying to recover from that. A friend of mine grows them and when I saw them in her yard one fall, I just loved how they looked. Maybe they don't like my soil as well as hers. Our soil is very sandy.
Jeanne

o

Hi everyone,

I hope that everyone enjoyed a nice weekend. I worked in the yard nonstop and got a lot accomplished, although my muscles are feeling it today!

I've recently found a few things that I'd like to grow. So if any of you that haven't already mailed in seeds have these, I'd be very appreciative if you could share some with me.

Basil, Holy
Okra, Burgundy/Red
Pennyroyal, American (this is a taller variety than the English)
Sunflower, Hopi Dye
Tomato, Tiny Tim

Thanks!
Diana

o

I have a variety of Rudbeckia that isn't on anybody's list. It's Rudbeckia hirta 'Corona'. It supposed to grow about 20" tall and be more of an upright than spreading type. Makes good cut flowers. This is one of the few things I have lots of seed for! I haven't been able to find out if the seeds are true to parent, but I know they're not sterile. If anybody would like some of these seeds, please let me know. I'll be ready to ship my package in a couple of days, and I'll include the Corona with your name in my package.

Thanks!
Deanna

o

I sent somebody compact golden flax, but there are only 14 seeds in my packet. Is that too few? I'm wondering if I should just take that pack out.

o

deanna_in_nh ,I'd love to try these! Sending you an email! :)

Angie

o

Deanna, not sure who you are sending it for, but it is on my wishlist too, and I'd be happy to receive 14 seeds. I wintersowed it last year, but it was too hot by the time I planted it out in the garden, and the sprouts fried : (

Bonnie

o

Deanna, I sent you an email as well. I would love to try out the Rudbeckia hirta 'Corona'

o
RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap--B

Bonnie, if you don't mind 14 flax seeds then your name goes on the pack!

Deanna

o

Deanna - I sent you an email through GW, but wanted to post here in case the email doesn't make it to you. I'd love to try your Rudbeckia hirta 'Corona' seeds if there are still some available.

Thanks!
Diana

o

Cool, thanks Deanna!

o

deanna - I would love to try the rudbeckia - thanks

o

Hi all. Spent this weekend digging holes in my flowerbed, removing the clay. Plan to fill the holes with potting soil in the spring. Glad that labor-intensive project is done. It is worth it though - my flowers will be very happy this spring. It was beautiful over the weekend, but is now turning cold and raining here. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Hi everyone !! Hope you are having a good Monday evening ... I just got home from work but I stopped at the post office and mailed off the seeds !!! ;-) it has a DC # on it ... 0308 3390 0001 3454

Patty, let me know when you get it ?

~Iris

o

Quiltingfox, I have quite a bit of clay in my soil, and rather than filling with potting soil, I have found that adding other ammendments work better and are cheaper. I have added peat moss, sand,compost etc to my soil and mix with my soil thats already there. Just another option to think about.
tammy

o
Coronas gone RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want

Corona seeds are spoken for. I hope they work out for everybody who requested them!

Deanna

o

Deanna, I sent you email but just in case its still acting up , if I am lucky enough that you still have even just a few " Corona " rudbeckia left, I would love some !

~Iris

o

Deanna - I'd be happy to split my rudbeckia corona seeds with ranegrow/Iris. They are so lovely that I'm happy to share with her!

Diana

o
Re: WLOMWL

awww... Diana, that is so very nice of you ;-)

~Iris

o

No problem - I want us all to have beautiful flowers and I don't need a ton anyway!

o

Hi everyone, Well I have finally received my last package designated for this swap and all requests are filled, however last week, I ordered another little pkg and saw it on a few members wish lists. If it arrives in the next day or two, I'll include those as well. If not, I'll be mailing Wednesday...YAY it's DONE! hehe...it's all packaged up and just waiting on those items if they arrive.

Hope everyone is still having fun pkging seeds...or waiting in anticipation for their package. I remember waiting for this one last year lol. It was such a wonderful surprise when it finally arrived.

Take care everyone,

Toni

o
Coronas RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list

Great--I'll split up Ollierose's if I need to! I didn't answer right away because I was deciding if I need to keep any for myself. I have some new seeds I bought, some donated from another GW seed lover, and then the ones from this swap, too. Plus, just this afternoon somebody tipped me off to the Santa swap as a newbie, so there's so more generosity heading my way--how much generosity can one person take?!?! I'm not sure I'll even need to plant the Corona seeds. I'm leaning towards keeping maybe just 10 for myself just in case my current Corona doesn't make it through the winter and sending the rest to Iris. That way everybody will get some. When you've got so many new things to try, it doesn't make sense to plant a lot of what you already have!

o

You are all the best !! It continues to amaze me how generous everyone on GW is ... I have never " met " a nicer group of people ... I have never had so much fun as I am now when I join in these swaps and send seeds knowing they are going to you and your gardens ;-) Thanks again for being so nice to me and especially understanding my love for gardening ;-)

~Iris

PS I also signed up for the Secret Santa Swap, it sounds like fun too !

o

Deanna,if it makes it easier on you,you can take some of mine to add to a packet for Iris,also. I only need a small amount, and would likely have left over seed anyway! ;)
Angie

o
Done! RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list s

A little here, a little there, we all have seeds, including Iris. Thanks, Angie and Diana!

This gets mailed tomorrow.

Deanna

P.S. If your name is Iris, on a garden site I think your member name would be...hard to decide on...so you went with the obvious choice, which was rane. I would have done the same thing, I'm sure!

o

Patty, thanks a lot for zebra rush that would be so great. My seeds are on the way so hope it will be there in 2-3 days. I had participated for the first time in this swap and it was a lot of fun.

Jasmine

o

Diana sits at home each night, tapping fingers, waiting, waiting, waiting.......will these darn mum seeds ever be ready to harvest! I'm hopeful they will in time for me to mail my package! Anybody else waiting on seeds to ripen!?!?!

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 16:31

Diana, I've mailed my seeds for this swap, but still waiting on a bunch of seeds to ripen. Last couple of nights have been kinda of cold, so I hope they hurry.
I can see Mr. Frost coming up the road.

o

Deanna, Diana and Angie, thanks so much ! Y'all are the best !

Iris was the messenger of the gods and she used the rainbow to travel on ... I just did a play on words when I created rane_grow ;-)

~Iris

o

Boy! Take a few days off and ya miss so much. I spent the days working outside with out the rain. I could use a few more weeks of this weather, even if it is only in the 40's.

Deanna- I was going to request some Rudbeckia hirta 'Corona' but you seem to be out so I'll just wait and put them on my other list for Secret Santa.

Diana-I wish I had some of the things you just requested but I don't. Maybe an elf will find some around somewhere.

To anyone sending seeds to me, if you wand to send small quanities that is just fine with me. I would rather plant every seed at once and start over the next year with new seed. I'm tired of having so much seed around that does not get planted. That's one thing I like about this site.
I get to send my seed on to others. This is so much fun, sharing seed with others. I did the Secret Santa last year and everything comes around my birthday and that is so great. OH! SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Ok, back to work on my list. I'm almost done. I will be sending out on Friday.

I hope the waiting is worth it for everyone. I know it will be for me.
gmom
Sharon

o

YAY...MY PKG CAME!!!!!!!

So my box will go out with the added few extras, tomorrow :)

Toni

o

I am still waiting on a plant to give up and give me its' seeds. I was forced to send my envelope without them. They were a special request so I will send them directly to the person when they are available.

o

Hi everyone,

I came across another seed that I'd love to try if anyone has it (I believe Sue, chemocurl, might have it since it was a post of hers where I discovered it, but she may not have harvested seeds from it). I saw the pictures of that beautiful and meaty Romeo Tomato and would love to grow it for canning and freezing sauces.

I've got one week left to get those mum seeds if I will be able to send it in the swap. I'll contact those of you that special requested it privately if I'm not able to send it in the swap.

Thanks!
Diana

o

Package is on its way WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

DC is 9405 5036 9930 0044 5153 09

I put a list in of everything I included...there may be a few items I added or removed and forgot to update the list, but it's pretty close to accurate...lol

Thank you so much for hosting this swap Patty. I sure hope everyone enjoys their seeds :) It's going to be like Christmas when those packages arrive YAY!!!!

Happy Planting everyone!

Toni

o

Diana,
Hi, did you get the Jack-in-the-Pulpit planted?
I am just curious,did the red outer part hurt your hands?
I have never tryed to groe them from seed.
cAROL

o

Hi Carol,

They are still in the fridge I'm sad to say. I've been struggling to get all my plants in the ground and protected for the winter, so I haven't been able to clean them yet. I hope to get it done soon though. They've been in the fridge ever since I received them though. It stinks that I only get 30 minutes of daylight once I get home from work during the week now. It sure has slowed down my gardening!

Diana

o

Daylight savings can be a gardeners worst enemy!
I still haven't adjusted to it and I am home all day! :P

I am working up the motivation to get out there and finishing mulching,I know I am kicking my own butt by mulching,all I am doing is providing nice warm soft soil for the voles to run wild all winter! But, I need to get this stuff worked into the soil,so I can eventually not have to mulch so much....oh they make me nuts! I did a ton of research last night,I figure you should know your enemy well to prepare for war properly! I need Castor beans,lots of them! I plan to make my own castor oil spray,I plan to put down kitty litter outside of their doorsteps,apparently they hate the way it feels on their feet,I am then going to spray the openings and immediate area with the spray,and for extra emphasis, I am planting tons of peppermint throughout the ivy they reside in. I cannot take out my ivy and honeysuckles,which is the main problem from what I read. Ground cover is their best friend. I did eliminate the bishops weed that used to be a problem,so one area is pretty much vole free. But the other covers are holding back hillsides,so that will not be an easy project. So therefore I must try to make it as inhospitable as I can and hope they will move on!
I did want to be sure to let you all know that I read patent info on the products they sell with castor in them,it says that castor contains a substance that causes gastric upset in certain critters,and can cause death.I do not plan on using the castor willy nilly,only near the openings of their holes,I am not spraying it on the plants they eat,because I do not have a problem with my chipmunks and do not want to hurt them,or the voles for that matter. Nothing eats ivy,so I am confident with this method. Also,moles are no issue for me,so I will not be spraying it into my soil either,apparently it coats the earthworms and grubs the moles eat and can make them sick as well. I need all the help aerating my soil I can get and would like them to stay. So needless to say I have quite an adventure ahead of me...lol..here is a link to the page with the patent info if anyone is interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Composition and method for repelling moles, voles and gophers

o

Ok, I've decided this weekend I'll pick whatever is ripe by then so I can ferment, clean, and send my seeds out in time. Hear that, cucumbers? You've run out of time! I gave you as much time as I could, so you better be ripe by Friday!

My garden just missed a frost this week. It froze further out in the country, but here it was only in the mid-30's. It looks like my luffas and beans won't be ready in time for the swap, and possibly won't be ready before a hard freeze either. Oh well, there's always next year.

The other seeds that I already had have been waiting for weeks in their little baggies. I hope you don't mind if a little cat fur sneaks in. My boyfriend's Siamese likes to lay on my desk, and she is the sheddiest cat I've ever seen in my life.

o

I got 4 more packs
sandygardens-smitties-jas_il-ranegrow
here is the updated list
the seeds need to be postmarked in 7 days next wenesday girls anyone who has not posted anything by Sunday will get a reminder e-mail from me then

2 angelady
3 morguegirl
4 ilovefarac
5 ollierose
6 sguanzon-RECEIVED
8 jaynine-RECEIVED
9 rbrady
10 stage_rat
11 highalttransplant-RECEIVED
12 slo_garden-RECEIVED
13 kilngod
14 conniesc-RECEIVED
16 barefootgardner12-SENDING SOON
17 agirlsgirl
18 lisam627_ohio_z6
19 patty_b-RECEIVED
21 dirtdiggin-SENT
24 patrob-RECEIVED
25 perennialfan27
26 mao_tse_mom-RECEIVED
27 sassybutterfly_2008
28 ggwrn
29 julie_mn-SENDING SOON
30 kamiljablo
31 pumkingal-RECEIVED
32 beverlysc
34 ruthz-RECEIVED
35 bhnash
36 gardenmom2
37 jas_il-RECEIVED
38 strmywthr3
39 debby_1-RECEIVED
40 kalena67
41 suecirish--RECEIVED
42 sunset_in-SENDING SOON
43 paulan70
44 smpetrou
45 sakura_komichi
46 sandysgardens-RECEIVED
47 vikingkirken
48 drippy-RECEIVED
49 tammyinwv-RECEIVED
50 molanic-RECEIVED
51 chemocurl
52 gmom2-6boys
53 smitties-RECEIVED
54 proudgm_03-RECEIVED
55 ibartoo
56 rane_grow-RECEIVED
57 esiuol
59 jacoblily
60 micyrey-RECEIVED
61 threeshyacres
62 neohippie
63 dorisl-RECEIVED
64 deanna_in_nh
65 quiltingfox-RECEIVED
66 columbine21
67 grovespirit
68 hibiscusfan-RECEIVED
69 luvgardening2
Carol I have jack-in-the-pulpit that have reseeded themselves I put the seeds in the ground right next to my mature one and they germinated
gotta separate the seeds
Patty

o

Like others, I've been waiting for certain seeds to ripen. Don't think it's gonna happen in the next few days, so I'll try to get the rest packaged up this weekend.

We've been amazingly frost-free here this fall, but everything got such a slow start in the spring that it hasn't been an especially "long" season. So I still won't get the seeds I want.

~CA

o

I have yet to get back to the Salvia garden to collect more seed, but I plan to go this weekend. Then I will be able to finish up and send the seeds on their way. I tend to get stuff done at the deadline, so don't be suprised if I get it to the P.O. on Wednesday :)

o

I'm almost finished packing up the seeds. Waiting on a couple more seed pods to dry out then I'll hopefully get them in the mail Monday. Been fun... Bev

o
Game Time! :)

Ok! I am going to start a game!:)

We played the "name that plant game" last year and it went over well,everyone seemed to have a good time with it. So here is how I am going to start it:

I am going to ask you guys to guess a plant that I have seed for,the person who guesses the plant will get the seeds in the swap. So, if you know what the plant is, and do not want the seeds,don't guess what it is,but,you can still ask hint questions ! :)
And no worries,if any I choose are on your want list,there is a pack reserved for you!;)

Ok I will start it with a hint:

It is a perennial

o

Is it red, orange, or yellow?

o

Is it an herb????

o

No,not red,orange or yellow! :)( I think Bonnie is making her decision right now,whether she wants it or not...lol...):)

So we have:
-It is a perennial
-It is not red,orange or yellow

o
Game

Yes it is an herb!

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb

o

Do you cook with it?

o
Great Guesses

Yes,you can!

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it

o

Aloha all,

I originally planned to have my seeds sent in a couple of weeks ago, but God had other plans for me this Fall. I have been to the hospital 3 times during this swap period: First for blood loss due to miscarriage, then h1n1 flu with 103F fever, then antibiotic resistant strep with 102.5F fever. And I am *still* not fully well yet as of today: still very weak!
This is the sickest I can EVER remember being. The highest fever I ever had before this Fall was 101F.

I was on bedrest and unable to answer e-mails or handle seeds, from Nov.1 thru Nov. 19. I will do my best to get *some* seeds sent in by today's deadline even if I have to beg my hubby or visiting parents (who flew 2000 miles to me, to help with my health crisis) to help me find and package them. I might not get to send as many seeds as I originally hoped due to lack of time, but I DO intend to send some today!!

I am sorry I was unable to be more active. The activity I plan for today is (of course) scrambling to get as many seed wants filled as time allows, while also having guests in my home.

Grovespirit

o

Hi Iris! I am so sorry to hear you have been going through these things. I am so glad you are recovering and have good family support,your family here, is here for you too if you should ever need any of us,I am sure I speak for everyone! :)
The deadline to mail in seeds is the 25th,so need to rush out the door today,you have plenty of time!:) Relax,you have been through a lot lately,the seeds can wait! Take care of yourself,I am sending you a big warm hug!:)
~Angie

o

Is it evergreen?

o
RE: Iris/Grovespirit

Iris,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been well and I'm terribly sorry for your loss. Please rest and get better. I hope that things are getting better for you. My heart certainly goes out to you. We are all here if you need us!

Take your time with the seeds and don't stress it. There are always other swaps and I'll be happy to do a private trade with you once you're feeling better.

Hugs from Georgia!

Diana

o

Yes it is evergreen! :)

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen

o

Do you cook with the leaves?

o
RE: UPDATE: 1Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Yes you can use the leaves in cooking,but not too much,it is strong!
*bonus hint: It can be used medicinally also.

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen
-The leaves can be used in cooking
-Can be used medicinally also

o
game question

Does it have purple blooms?

o
RE:2 UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Yes it does! Other varieties can also have pink or white blooms! I gotta get some of the pink and white,they are beautiful!:)

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen
-Has purple blooms,other varieties can have white or pink.

o

Okay, I guess I'm in this all alone. Where did everyone go???? :)

Is it aromatic - smelly good?

o
'ello !

Yes it does smell good,very herby!

I am sure we will see some people later on! :)

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen
-It is fragrant,has a nice herbal smell to it.

o
game

Well, let's see. I'm kind of at a loss.

You say it's used for cooking. Is it commonly/widely used for cooking like say, basil?

o

Hi all I got one more box of seeds
from dirdiggin thats it for now
Patty

o

Is it sage?
Tammy

o

Yes, from what I read it is still widely used. It has also been used to make perfume. The essences of this plant can be used several ways.

No, not Sage,but that was a good guess! :)

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen
-Widely used as a culinary herb,essences are used several ways also.
-Not Sage

o

WooHoo!!!!! I'm finally done bagging seeds!! They will be on the way no later than Monday.

*Agirlsgirl -- Is it Lavender?

Louise

o

It can not be Bay Laurel- as some of the blooms are yellow...
It could be Thyme!! Is it Thyme (yet)? !!??!!

If it is not- I think I may know what it is and wouldn't want to guess- I wouldn't guess it's name or look at it's baby... Nudge nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean? Know what I mean?

o

No, not Lavender,but.....that is getting closer in growth habit!

bonus hint: Is said to be a good companion plant to cabbage,but not to radishes.

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen
-Not Sage
-Not Lavender
-Good companion to cabbage,but not to radishes.

I think we are getting closer! You all can guess more than once! :)

o

Is it Rosemary?

o

I think Louise has got it, sounds like Lavender to me too.

Angie, you were right about me trying to decide about whether or not I wanted to guess, LOL, but I DO make exceptions for edibles. I have a separate herb bed towards the back of the house, where I allow purple and pink. They are just not allowed to mingle with my reds, oranges, and yellows : )

Herb Bed in bloom 6-4-09

Clockwise from the front:
Chives, Lavender (not quite in bloom), Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Parsley, and French Tarragon.

Bonnie

o
RE: UPDATE: 3 Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

No, Julie it isn't Thyme and your right it isn't Bay laurel! It hasn't reseeded for me yet because the goldfinch seem to really enjoy the seeds during the summer,and the little rodents enjoy them through the winter I assume,because there have been no babies for me! ...lol...I am curious if you have it right email me your guess!

-It is a perennial
-It is an herb
-You can cook with it
-It is evergreen
-Not Sage
-Not Lavender
-Good companion to cabbage,but not to radishes.
-Not Thyme
-Not Bay Laurel

:)

o
RE:Got it!

Is it hyssop?

o
RE: 1UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Sorry I dont type as fast as you guys guess!;)

YES!!! You got it Bonnie! :)
I love your herb garden and I just knew you were feeling it out!!!...lol...
Ok Bonnie,I will send a pack of these along to you via the swap! My next bonus hint was going to be it was not in your garden!;)

Next mystery plant:

It is perennial to zone 5!
Good luck!

o
One more thing....

...You can guess at as many as you want! This game is not limited to one prize per person!:)

o

Cool! Thanks Angie!!! I think I have enough room left in that bed for another herb : )

I planted Winter Savory and Bronze Fennel in there this summer, but I'm not sure if they will make it through the winter or not. There's also Garlic Chives in there. Am I leaving out any perennial herbs?

All of my annual herbs are grown in pots, so that I can bring them in for the winter. Right now I have Rosemary, Basil, and Marjoram growing in the kitchen window. We'll see if I can keep them alive all winter.

Bonnie

o
Mailed! RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want lis

I got all my seeds in the mail today...all 31 packs!! I may have only had 31 to send, but I feel good that so many people wanted some 'Corona.'

Deanna

o

You are so welcome Bonnie! :) I think it will actually look good,it is a darker purple flower. I personally love this plant,it is a gorgeous green all winter long. I have them strategically placed for winter interest and hope to have enough next year to have a nice hedge of them by the year after.
Yes, Bonnie there are other perennial herbs you can put in there,...lol....
Good luck on your indoor herbs,I am trying some of my own this year for the first time too,well the first time since I know a little more about plants!:)

New Clue for next plant:
It is perennial to zone 5!

o
Woo Hoo!

Yay Deanna! 31 is a good number,I think you have done great! :)

I am so looking forward to the Corona!:)

o

Well, I hate to be the only one guessing, but since no one else is jumping in ...

Is it red, yellow, or orange? LOLOL

Bonnie

o
Hope everyone is having a great night!:)

LOL.....Bonnie that is great! And yes it is a multi colored earth toned flower. So red,yellow and orange would be in the color palette. This is not a mix!:)

-It is perennial to zone 5
-It is multi colored earth toned flower.

o

Bonnie - hilarious! I LOVE your herb garden and that view behind it is gorgeous!

Hmmmm, thinking here.......is it perhaps goblin gaillardia?

o
Game RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list sw

Is it in the Rudbeckia family? I know I am technically in zone 5, but most local gardeners plant for zone 4 because we're right on the border of 5/4. I've noticed many Rudbeckias are only viable to 5. Makes me wonder how mine will do!

Am I allowed to ask for clues?! New at this game!

Deanna

P.S. Please... no more excuses to check the computer every 10 minutes. I need a 12-step program!

o
I got it! I got it!

Ooooo, I bet it's some type of coreopsis! I've seen so many multicolored varieties and we all know how many trips you made to Lowe's for the $20 fill a cart this fall! Come on come on come on, is that it????

o

No,it isn't Goblin gallardia,good guess!:)

Yes, Deanna it is a rudbeckia! Yes,a clue is given each time a person posts and asks,for example,you can ask if it is a particular color,or guess it's approx.size. I will give out bonus clues if it seems it is becoming difficult to guess!:)
and GW will always give you a reason to check the computer,there is only a reasonable amount of time you can stay away!;)

-It isn't Goblin Gallardia
-It IS a rudbeckia

o
well i'll be darned.......

I thought for sure I had it. Oh well, I guess I need to start searching rudbeckia varieties online!

o
Oops! I missed Diana!

Sorry I missed your post Diana! :)

o
Go to your room!

I see that you missed me! Go to your room and don't come out until you're told you can! NEVER will I let you out! LOL, it's okay! I didn't think a thing of it since my guess was wrong.

o
Angie RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list s

Rudbeckia hirta 'Corona' :-D !!!
Rudbeckia 'Prairie Sun'
Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm'

How many guesses per post?!

o
Game RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list sw

I have a BETTER question. Ignore my last post of Rudbeckia overload. How about this:

Is is a dwarf or tall variety?

I am so FRIGGIN FREAKING excited that I GOT A CLUE RIGHT!!!!!!

o
Rudbeckia it is!!!

LOL! I have been waiting for someone to tell me to go to my room!...lol...Maybe you should tell me to take a nap too?....lol....

Deanna,I guess three guesses is good...lol..no it isn't ,r.Corona,r.Prairie Sun,r.Goldstrum...but you are getting much warmer....:)

o

Is it Rudbeckia Toto rustic?

o
3 Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

LOL...Deanna you crack me up! :D
Ok,it is 18-24",somewhere in between dwarf and tall?
bonus hint: This one could be just the right thing for a craving!

-It IS a rudbeckia
-It is 18-24"
- This one could be just the right thing for a craving!

o
It's on Deanna!

Are you in it to win it????

Is it rustic colors rudbeckia????

o
RE: UPDATE: 4 Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

No it isn't Rudbeckia Toto rustic,but getting closer...

-It IS a rudbeckia
-It is 18-24"
-It isn't Rudbeckia Toto rustic

o
And dirtdiggin rounds the corner, trying to take the lead!

Geesh, could I guess this already? LOL, this is so much fun!!!

o
Guess RE: UPDATE: Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list s

Rudbeckia 'Early Bird Gold'

Deanna

o
RE: UPDATE: 5 Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

No not rustic colors rudbeckia Diana,sorry,looks like someone might beat the pants off you in this...lol....!;)
It is getting so close I can feel it,one of you are going to get it soon!:)

-It IS a rudbeckia
-It is 18-24"
-It is not rustic colors rudbeckia

o

I've got it (I think!)

Rudbeckai hirta 'Chocolate Orange'

How's that for a craving?

Deanna

P.S. I'm like a woman obsessed!

o
RE: UPDATE: 6 Part 7-5th annual whats left on my want list swap

Sorry it isn't 'Early Bird Gold' ,c'mon girl it is on the tip of your tongue! :)

-It IS a rudbeckia
-It is 18-24"
-It is not rustic colors rudbeckia
-It isn't 'Early Bird Gold'

o
She Got It!!

You got it!!!!! Woo Hoo! The 'Chocolate Orange' will be in your envy!:)

Ok,I think there is time for one more. The next plant is an annual!

o

Drats! I'm determined! It is 2 feet tall or more?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here