41. patrob wish list updated
42. molanic wish list updated
43. countrycarolyn
44. weebay
45. shanta_5
46. esiuol
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

Thanks molanic, for the most excellent spreadsheet. If any of you decide to use it for this swap it would be great if you emailed it to me when you mail your seeds.

Have a good evening, everyone.
Alana

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: update: patty's wlomwl swap part deux

Hey,
I posted in the last thread that my list is updated. Just wanted to let you know again since it didn't show up on your list.
cheers
weebay

o

Thanks Weebay. I wonder what happened to my Caps when I posted the new thread?
Shanti's list is updated. If you cannot access it on her member page for some reason let me know and I will post it.
1. poisondartfrog wish list updated
2. jaynine wish list updated
3. nottougly wish list updated
4. angelady wish list updated
5. ishareflowers wish list updated
6. ilovefarac wish list updated
7. mao_tse_mom
8. just1morehosta wish list updated
9. flowergirl34 wish list updated
10. micrey wish list updated
11. barefootgardner12 wish list updated
12. tkhooper wish list updated
13. yotetrapper wish list updated
14. kilngod
15. molly_and_me wish list updated
16. highalttransplant
17. sorellina wish list updated
18. austinnhanasmom wish list updated
19. ruthz
20. jas_il wish list updated
21. sguanzon
22. rane_grow wish list updated
23. suecirish wish list updated
24. rbrady wish list updated
25. alwaysagarden wish list updated
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden
28. chemocurl
29. hibiscusfan wish list updated
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
32. jodie74 wish list updated
33. sandysgardens wish list updated
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
36. shrlieb
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
38. bev2009 wish list updated
39. carsons_mimi
40. slo_garden
43. countrycarolyn
44. weebay wish list updated
45. shanta_5 wish list updated
46. esiuol
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

I believe my wish list is as up to date as it is going to get.

o

Good Morning All!

I'm over 150 packets and I still have 2o some wish lists to pack for..ugh! It's really fun at first BUT......

Alana, I went to the dollar store and got some colored envies that are about 4x4. I put the seed packets inside the larger colored envelope and wrote what was inside for each player, along with their name and player number. I hope this makes it easy for you!

Have agreat day!

Lisa

o

Well I'm up to 65 seed packets and I'm feeling pretty good about what I've been able to share. And with 16 members still to go I'm thinking I'll be able to get close to 100 maybe. It all depends on the lists. I don't have the number of specimens some of you do in your gardens. But I'm doing the best that I can with what I have so far.

o

Alana,

I may be being dense, but I need some clarification on something :) In the past swaps I didn't pay much attention to the 250 packet limit because I sent in less than that. I assumed the new 150 pack limit was on packets sent in, so that you wouldn't have as many to go through. But, I see people saying they are going to have a lot more than that to send. Is the 150 limit on packs sent in (based on want lists....not "extras"), or is it the just the max anyone will get back. I have just briefly looked at about 12 lists and have 72 things for them, so I could easily go over 150. I'm just wondering if I should be limiting choices to the most specific and rarer wants to try to get it under 150 sent in. Sorry if this has been answered already. I skimmed over the thread again and couldn't find anything.

Thanks,
Molanic

o

The 150 packs is the limit on seeds you can send based on want lists that you can expect to be reciprocated. You will receive at least as many as you sent in up to that amount. The reason for that limit is that I think I can be reasonably sure of providing you with 150 different kinds of seeds. More than that and I am less sanguine. If you send in more than 150 and every one of them satisfies a wish without duplicating it, they will all be distributed to the "wisher", but you still may or may not receive more than 150 packets.
Should you choose to send in extras they will be considered just that. I will use the extras to fill in numbers for people who receive fewer than they send in. For instance, if sally swapper sends in 150 packets from want lists but she receives only 35 packets from her own list, some of those extras, along with duplicates sent for people who don't want duplicates, will be used to make her 150 packs. Needless to say, every pack she receives will not be one of her specific wishes, but she will receive as many as she sent.
Obviously, if more than a couple of people send in extras there will be a number of extra packets at the end.
I can either distribute those equally among the participants who wish to receive them, post them and let people choose from them, donate them to a newbie or similar seed project or a combination of all of those options.
Sometimes I have extra seeds and send them-sometimes I don't. There is absolutely no obligation to send in extras. You would be effectively donating seeds.
If you want to make sure you make maximum gardeners happy and stay within the 150, I would do exactly as you suggest. Send the selections you think would be most desirable or least likely to be duplicated.
Is that clear? I will try again if I lost you.
Alana

o

Molanic,

I'll answer just in case your waiting on an answer AND I was probably the one creating your confusion.

The swap is for a maximum of 150 seed packets but I have an overabundance of seeds and asked Alana if I could fill all the wishes I could and only get credit for the 150 maximum to be returned to me. I have labeled and packaged to make it as easy as possible for her to distribute them.

I have seen trade lists here on the garden web with seeds from 2004!! Why the heck would anyone still have them??? I would rather spread them around!

I figure it this way. you want it, I have it, it's yours!
(I have 15 off of your list, yay!)

Lisa

Alana, I hope you don't mind that I answered the question!!

o
It's all good

I dont mind at all, lol!!!

o

I also have extras and plan on putting them in there own baggie and just marking them "extras".

And I have the cutest Christmas Baggies for everyone! Got them at the grocery store. So each person will have a cute baggie, marked with my GW name and who its for, seeds enclosed, a mini-list of what's in the baggie.

And I'm doing a master list to send you to make it easier. I'm putting the GW name and what they have in there baggie. It's not in excel, but it seems to be working :) And I'm including a copy of my wish list too.

If you need anything else in there just let me know. I have outgrown the bubblie I had intended on using and now gonna move up a size. :) ( I am WAY more organized than I thought I would be at this !!)

Happy Almost Turkey Day!
vina

o

Still not able to use the spreadsheet. My DH said we need to buy something to get it.Last year I think someone (maybe angelady) made a list of everyone in the swap that you could click on and it went directly to their wishlist. Will we be able to do this when everyone has their list updated? Thanks!

o

Well my list is updated, as a newbie I will have to familiarize myself with all the new flowers and names this coming year so I can become a better trader. I am going to do some trading with part of my seeds I get and invest in some new seeds this coming year. I appreciate all you veterans allowing me in to get my feet wet again, lol.

Shirley

o

Hibiscusfan, I have that list ready and am adding to it as folks join. (I can't remember who did it last year, but they haven't chimed in about it when I posted that I would do it.)

I'm holding off posting it until...well, at least until my list is updated! Then I can post it as a separate thread just so the hyperlink list is there at the top of the thread and easy to find/favorite.

o

Thanks for the explanations, guys. Alana, you summed it up greatly for me in the first sentence :)

"The 150 packs is the limit on seeds you can send based on want lists that you can expect to be reciprocated."

I thought that the limit was to reduce the number of packets that you had to go through.

My thinking is similar to that of ishareflowers. I have a lot of seed! I tend to go overboard when harvesting it, and so I like to share it rather than let it get old or go unused. I certainly don't expect or even want nearly as many packs sent back to me as I think I will send in, my garden can only hold so much!

Offering up any leftovers to newbies for postage is a great idea. I had donated seed to bakemoms newbie project in the past, but I don't think anyone has run something like that in the past couple of years.

So I will most likely be sending in more than 150, but I will try to keep it as organized as possible :)

Happy swapping all!

o

I can't remember who did it last year, but they haven't chimed in about it when I posted that I would do it.
Angellady did it for us last year and it sure was a great help to me. You clicked one link and it was then a running list of everyone's wish list, right?

o

molanic, I am less concerned about handling a lot of seeds than I am about making sure everyone gets back a great assortment of quality seeds. I can see myself at my desk, hair in hand (a great big hunk of it anyway), trying to find as many unique seeds for jaynine or you or ishare, for example, as you all were able to send in. That's the stuff of nightmares!
Everyone seems to be so organized that the only problems I expect are logistical. I can set up some card tables if I run out of room.
I'm sure everyone is looking forward to kilngod doing her magic. We are getting closer, and after a couple of swaps finish up this week and next, I expect we will be close to having all of the lists updated.
7. mao_tse_mom
14. kilngod
16. highalttransplant
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
36. shrlieb wish list updated
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
40. slo_garden
43. countrycarolyn wish list updated
46. esiuol
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

Thanks kilngod for doing a compiled list as chemocurl said it sure was a big help!!!!!

o

:) oh my, I forgot about that running list. I was just making a list of hyperlinks (everyone's name and when you click on it it goes to their list page). But yes, I sure do remember that running list -- it was great! I could just put "hollyhock" in the searchbox and find every person who wanted it.

I can at least do the hyperlink list, but since everyone's already so thankful -- I think I can figure out how to do that other Master List thing. I do have a website and can maybe make a "dummy page" on it?, and post this gazillion-seeds-list there. I'll do a test run this week to see if I know what I'm doing.

What I know I won't be able to do is to update it a lot, which I think Angellady did last year every other day it seems. So on Saturday, Dec 4th, I'll put the whole kit-n-kaboodle together and post it. Depending how long it takes to do, maybe do one update right after Christmas, but definitely not more than that (to adjust for all those seeds on other peoples list that we just can't help but want).

:)

(I think I can I think I can)

o

Wait, I think she had actually posted it as a word or text document....and it was like 1200 pages or something nutters. I'm going to hunt on my old computer and see if that's what she did. That sure would be a whole lot simpler. I started writing some code already, and did figure out how to post a big chart (looks pretty awesome imho), but putting the little code in front and behind each line, even with cut-n-paste, is slow as homemade molasses in winter.

1200 pages is way better than 54 million pastes. ha!

Here is a link that might be useful: So you can laugh at me and my code

o

Yup, that's what she did -- text/word.

Ok I can do that! (phew!)

o

I want to join. Is there still time?

gmom

o

My have and wish lists has been updated.

o

Thanks, Molanic, for that spreadsheet! I adapted it to use for the Secret Santa Swap too, so it was a big help!

Okay, my wishlist is as updated, but I don't have time to do the "haves" list, so hope nobody looks at it and adds anything to their wishlist : )

Bonnie

o

Plenty of time gmom. We are taking signups until December 3. You have until December 10 to update your wish list and January 16 is the deadline for mailing your seeds.

7. mao_tse_mom
14. kilngod
16. highalttransplant wish list updated
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
40. slo_garden wish list updated
46. esiuol
47. gmom2-6boys
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

Kilngod,

Angelady/Angela used an on line site which was great because of not having to download it to one's computer and because I so often have trouble downloading and opening some things...like your daff list.

If you use something like Google Documents it is free and there should be no problems with anyone opening it, and you don't have to use any code...just copy each list into a running list...see my SAMPLE WLOMWL updated 11-24-2010.

Does the above sample list link work all right?

Sue

o

Well today I've choosen 78 packets and am still waiting on 15 people to update there list. And then there are the people who are still joining. This is going to be so cool. I look forward to going through the lists each morning.

o

That looks perfect! Thanks Sue, I totally forgot about googledocs.

o

....um, micrey --- you're listed as "want list updated" but yours is blank.

That is just impossible.

It's also illegal to have an empty Want List and be a GW trader. There's a hefty fine if your in this swap and it's empty on Dec 3.

(mwahhhahaha!)

o

....um, micrey --- you're listed as "want list updated" but yours is blank.

That is just impossible.
Kilngod...clean your glasses...hmmm...can you be trusted to compile a running list of want lists for us all?

Photobucket

micrey's list dated 11-18-2010

Sue...resident busy body

o

Hahaha -- micrey's list IS blank, but micyrey's is not.

HA! My glasses are clean :) but none of us can spell!! (am bustin' a gut here)

Here is a link that might be useful: micrey's blank list

o

Alana,

You you need to correct the member spelling name for member #10. There is a member micrey, but the member who signed up Nov 8th was micyrey.

Now Kilngod, you have the right spelling, thus the right list (that is updated)?

Coffee

o
RE:hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.........

Since these threads get a bit long, here is a little tip I learned recently. Instead of scrolling and scrolling to get to the bottom of a long thread, you can just click on the link at the top of the thread page Post a follow-up and it will take you to the very bottom and then you can scroll up a bit to see the most recent unread posts.

Cool? or not?

Sue...not meaning to highjack...really.

o

(that is cool)

Seems there actually isn't a member named micrey. I do the web addy for trade pages by cutting and pasting the member name into the standard
http://members.gardenweb.com/members/exch/micrey

So it seems that the GW website just uses the end name on that addy, and bolds it as a title for the page. When I click on the member page link there, it says "Sorry.... The person you were looking for doesn't exist."

wow funny little things.

I've fixed my list and have the real spelling and the actual list. Will post a preliminary doc of the running want list soon, coded for which lists have not been updated yet.

***Alana, my want list has now been updated***

o

hello
thanks for setting things straight, I was out of town for a few days. my wonderful father in law had to have emergency back surgery monday and the boys and I went to st louis with them to help and keep my mother in law company during the 8hr surgery. luckily it went well and they should be home in a day or 2, nothing like being in the hosp for thanksgiving.
I usualy send in extras but didnt harvest anything this year due to moving. I would be happy with doubles of anything on my list.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone
michelle

o

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone! I may not have time to post an update tomorrow, but I will catch up Friday.

7. mao_tse_mom
10. micyrey wish list updated
14. kilngod wish list updated
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
47. gmom2-6boys
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

I did not have very many seeds to harvest this year either. I would also be happy with doubles of anything on my list.

I have several large areas that I can fill with flowers.

o

In between baking pies today, I spent some time going over wishlists. Just thought I'd share my observations. These aren't judgements mind you, so I hope I don't offend anyone. Most of the lists (mine included) are very specialized, not many common items on the list. This is probably due to the fact that many of the participants are experienced gardeners that already have the basics. The other thing I noticed is that when it came to flowers, the vast majority of wishlist items were hybrids. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, there's plenty on my list too, but when it comes to seed swapping it can be limiting, since saved seeds from a hybrid usually won't come true from seed, which means they must be purchased commercially. In a large swap like this, that could get expensive.

I saved seeds from lots of veggies and a few flowers this year, but most are heirloom and open pollinated varieties. There just doesn't seem to be many requests for what I have. So far, I can only fill about 1/3 as many wishes as last year's swap. Maybe because a lot of the people in the swap were in it last year, and already have all of my cool stuff? Guess I'll work on updated my "seeds I have to trade list" and see if there are things people are interested in that just are on their wishlists yet...

Bonnie

o

since saved seeds from a hybrid usually won't come true from seed, which means they must be purchased commercially. While I can't speak for others, I know they will likely not come true, but am willing to accept and grow hybrids from saved seeds. Often they will produce something 'cool' anyway, imho.

The seeds from my pink butterfly bush produced various shades lavender, to purple offspring. When I finally get to working on my wish list, I'm going to peruse folk's 'have' lists and list numerous things I know might be available.

Bonnie, I saw a couple of things on your 'have' list that I will likely list on my 'want' list, once I get it updated.

Sue

o

I hope everyone is off to a good start today. I have done all I can in the kitchen for a bit.
There's nothing to update but I am going to have a look at some lists tonight and start organizing my seeds a bit.

I agree with Sue, much more fun to make your own hybrids! There is nothing arcane about it.
The only time I insist on true OPs or purchased hybrid seeds is for vegetables. I do want uniform taste.

o

Definitely I understand highalttransplant's comments. As most of my flower and veggie beds are already spoken for the seeds I am looking for are for just a few select things. I know it makes it hard to fill them but that's ok. I'm looking forward to seeing what the hostess finds that fit my growing conditions. Even if I can't use them I can always use them for helping to build my friends gardens.

o

I have folders made for everyone who has signed up to date. Either this weekend or next week I will send my address and mailing instructions to everyone.
Now, it's time to get busy and make the Broccoli casserole and I will be through with the cooking part of the day! Enjoy your meal and especially friends and family, everyone.

Alana

o

Bonnie,

You have promoted yourself into the next level of trader :) I think curious and learning-intent gardeners figure out what you said, that hybrids don't always come true (or at least perfectly true) and then...as Sue & others have said, that some of them are just as good-looking or differently good looking regardless. Some traders may be very committed to "pure" kinds of commercial-only seed, and will figure out that is their nature, and figure out that they have to be specific about it. That route is more expensive, and for some traders, low cost is more important to them than perfectly-that-variety. Some of these preferences will be more cost-driven or more personality-driven (is my take on it).

To run with what you noticed, it seems that some hybrids will keep the first year from seed, but the second year, look out. (Snowdrift marigold is lovely the first year from it's own seed, a touch creamier than the commercial white "Snowdrift"; but the second year, ouch, it's bright yellow.) Others shift quickly, like the bfly bush Sue described. Sometimes it may depend if the seed was crossed with something nearby or with more of the same type of flower, and one can't always know 1) the tolerances/stability of that particular hybrid, or 2) the fertilization situation of that particular flower's seed.

From what I've observed, the Unwritten Code for want lists ends up being something along these lines below.

*If someone really really needs to have that hybrid look just like the magazines, they will say:
Millet, "Purple Majesty", commercial only

*If they don't mind the potential of a little shift in the plant:
Millet, "Purple Majesty"

*If they just want a dark one:
Millet, "Purple Majesty" or any dark type

*Or just a "cool" one:
Millet, not just "feed grade millet", a good looker.
OR
Millet, any (which might get the full range from stunning looker to plainer birdseed type)

For have lists, this is why you see many lists that say things along these lines:

Millet "Purple Majesty" - commercial (or a code for commercial, say "C-09")

Millet "Purple Majesty" - garden gathered (or a code for that, say "G-09")

Millet, "Black" G-09 (may actually be Purple Majesty)
"may mean that this was labeled as a commercial or traded variety name "Black" but looks like Purple Majesty to the gardener>

Millet, dark G-09

Millet, dark (leaf dark & green streaks, dark plume) G-09

I use Purple Majesty Millet here because it is a variety that holds nicely in the first year from seed, and then reverts some amount to green in the 2nd year (dark & green streaked foliage, dark plume keeps), and more so in the 3rd.

All this so that the trader, as they more know what they want, can know what they are picking, and as they understand more about what they have, they can make that info available to other traders.

***I'm stating this, not to hyjack the thread, but to point out to those of you who are newer - this may help you identify your preferences more clearly. If you indicate on your want list with modifiers/language similar to the above, you may get more things that are really right up your alley. (For example: if you've put Scabiosa "Ace of Spades", I won't pack up my very very black scabiosa, because I do not have a formal variety ID for it -- it was seed-snatched from on campus, but it's quite black.)

Hope this is helpful,
Tina

o
RE: swap part deux

And if you haven't said:

Scabiosa "Snow Maiden" (commercial only)

...you may get gathered seeds from a Scabiosa "Snow Maiden", which may have been from someone else's Scabiosa "Snow Maiden", and not from commercial seed.

o
RE: wlomwl swap part deux

Preliminary master list is up on google-docs now, and is accurate to lists as of sometime yesterday. Links for master lists will be on a separate thread. Notes about the master list and updates can be found there.

(You can bookmark that thread for finding when I've posted updates, and not have to scroll through everything here.)

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL Master List thread

o

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Tina, thank you for the Master List, what a big help!

o

Awesome job Tina, thank you!!!

o

Hey Tina,

I love the explanation of hybrids and how to know what most fits your needs. That's a great explanation.

o

Tina, Tina, Tina. You have been busy!
Thank you for all of your hard work on this swap.
Between all of your good information and hard work to make it easy for everyone and sue and ishare and molanic and tkhooper, highalttransplant, and sandysgardens and many others I have not mentioned helping keep things on track and organized, this may be the easiest swap ever held.
I am truly thankful for all of the help and for each participant. What a fantastic group of people!
The only thing missing is Patty. I hope all is well with her and that we hear from her before the swap is over.
Alana

o

My list is updated:

Thank You
gmom

o

Tina,
The master list is going to save me so much time~thanks very much! I'm having trouble accessing it, though. Is it being modified or is google docs just being difficult today?
Thanks again,
Janine

o

Thanks all! Glad to be of service! (I love to figure out the framework systems of things that seem like chaos, and to make complicated things simple.)

Jaynine, google docs is being fussy with the master list file. Sometimes it's opening fine, sometimes it's stuck.

I'm working on another version that hopefully will give it less of these google hiccups.

o

Jaynine, chemocurl Sue, and anyone else who was having difficulties with the first Master List document -- please check out the new format and let me know if it's working better. It seems to load lots faster for me here.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Master List thread

o

7. mao_tse_mom
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
47. gmom2-6boys wish list updated
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

Just letting you know mine has been updated. Thanks for
all the hard work on this.

Ellie

o

only 12 left to update and I've got 82 seed packs choosen. I'm feeling very good about all of this.

o

One more MasterList version to try over on the other thread. I think this one should do it. Please give it a go and lmk.

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL Master List thread

o

....and save me now. I've got 300 seedpacks on my checklist and we're still missing 15 people....and the smaller updates. I've already cut back figuring that I didn't have enough of "that one" to actually pack 6 baggies. It was at 370+ before that cut.

oh my.

Will start removing anything along the lines of "Zinnias any" (which I really don't have many of anyway) and anything that seems like first years will have to give. Ha! Newbies, you'll be dealing with this problem in a couple years. Just you wait. I remember really really wanting to hit 100 that first year (I didn't make it - I only hit 71). And that was just 4 years ago.

oh my.

Every year since the first, this makes me laugh.

o

Mine list is up to date, at least until I see another seed I want to add.

o

My wishlist is finally updated unless someones lists tempt me!!!!!!!hehe

o

5 days are left for sign ups and then our swap team will be set. I have not had a chance to look at all of the lists yet but Tina's document made it so easy to scan through them!

7. mao_tse_mom wish list updated
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden wish list updated
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

Updated to show lisam627_ohio_z6 has updated her list.

19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
37. lisam627_ohio_z6 wish list updated
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends!! We actually celebrated ours on Friday and I rewarded myself with just sitting on my bum all day Saturday going thru seed sites to update my wish lists! *sighhhh It's been a wonderful weekend!! It's so much fun when it's cold out to cruise the seed sites with a cup of coffee and my feet propped up on my lil heater! :) My wish list is finally updated and it is extensive! Now it's time to get back to doing laundry and dishes!! This is such a wonderful swap. Thanks for giving me such a nice break this weekend and a good excuse to drool over seeds! :)

~Wendy / sassyb.

o

Just 4 days left to sign up and 11 days to get your want lists updated. Most of them are already updated and you can start sending as soon as they are all finished if that happens before the 10th.
I will send mailing info soon.

19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008 wish list updated
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn
35. farmergirl2009
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
kmpsmom is undecided
pumkingal is undecided

o

I'm up to 87 seed packets. Didn't think I would get that far. I'm showing some people as having their lists updated that aren't on the last list. Have I lost my mind?

o

Nope, just means they got missed and will be put on in the next update of the list of people who have updated their list.

o

I'm up to 87 seed packets. Didn't think I would get that far. I'm showing some people as having their lists updated that aren't on the last list. Have I lost my mind?
I'm guessing that though their actual list might have a recent update date, that the updates are not final as far as their wish list for this swap. Unless they post here that it is updated, I wouldn't assume the lists were complete...just my opinion though.

Sue

o

I would like to join-- thanks :) My wishlist is up to date.

silver_cat/Angela

o

Alana,

At least one did post that she's updated, it just got missed.
35. farmergirl2009

o

My list is up to date, but of course I can't promise that I won't add to it. :)

Ginger

o

updated and corrected

7. mao_tse_mom
14. kilngod
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
27. velsgarden
28. chemocurl
30. sassybutterfly_2008
31. debby_1
34. ggwrn wish list updated
35. farmergirl2009 wish list updated
37. lisam627_ohio_z6
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
47. gmom2-6boys
48. silver_cat

o

hi Kilngod, I added a small update at the top of my list , would it be a pita to add it to the final master list when everyone's list is finally updated and added ?

Iris

o

Poisondartfroggy~that list is missing a few 'wish list updated' notations (you're working too hard!).

o

Rane, that would be a-ok. I'm planning to add "top offs" for everyone when I do the full update about Dec 11 (with overall "modifications" if needed for varieties/colors system clarification), and then a set of top offs again after Christmas.

I'm adding a top part to mine as we speak :) Y'alls have lists and want lists are too yummy.

--Tina

o

You're right Janine, thank you! I dropped some of them somewhere. If anyone else notices that I have missed or dropped one, please let me know.

14. kilngod
19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
28. chemocurl
31. debby_1
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
48. silver_cat

o

silvercat & I are also updated.

o

only 7 left to update and still 4 days to the cut off. I think we are doing really well. So far I only have 88 packets choosen but I have hopes that maybe the final seven will want some of the things I have.

o

Gloomy, rainy, and gray describes the weather today. We are experiencing flash flooding.
I started emailing the mailing instructions today but this kind of weather plays havoc with our internet service. The people who made the determination that we are among the "best wired" small towns in America must not have taken into account that anything more than a quick shower often knocks out the system for hours.
It has been up and down all day and I lost my work more than once so I will try tomorrow when I am in another town.
I will post any updates tomorrow, as well.
Have a good evening,
Alana

o

My list has been mildly re-updated...

o

Mine is updated. Thanks
Debby

o

I just emailed about half of you the mailing information for this swap, but there seems to be a problem with my email account this morning. Nothing is showing up in my sent file. Either I mailed it to you 3 times, or not at all. I will look in later to see if anyone received it.
If you did get it three times, there is no need to look at more than 1 of them. They are all the same.
Have a great day!
Alana

19. ruthz
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
28. chemocurl
31. debby_1 wish list updated
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol
48. silver_cat wish list updated

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a D/FW TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 13:50

I've been away from computer for 11 days and didn't realize until today that we needed to post that our list is updated.
I took advantage of that and added more things.
So now it's twice updated.

o

I had to use a variety of vehicles but I think I have sent everyone the mailing instructions. I had to send a few of them via GW Mail, which is always a crap shoot so please let me know if you don't get it. Later this evening I am going to update my GW profile with a different email address. I am having too much trouble with the one I am using as a primary personal account. If you have emailed me in the last 2 days, I have not received it. My account is showing no emails at all during the last two days and I know that is incorrect. I sent myself a couple just to be sure and have not received them. I got an undeliverable message response.

19. ruthz wish list updated
21. sguanzon
26. deanna_in_nh
28. chemocurl
39. carsons_mimi
46. esiuol

o

I've changed it already. My new email for GW is:
poisondartfrog@rocketmail.com.
Alana

o

I've added to the top of my want list. I'm through looking at catalogs now and will not be adding anything more!

o

Don't you just love it when your computer plays hardball? There are times I think it needs a time out.

Well so far I have 94 seed packets choosen and there are still 6 people needing to update their wishlists. I'm thinking I may make the 100 mark.

I'm refreshing my home page to see if I got your e-mails...needless to say my e-mail is acting up. So don't feel alone with computer problems. I didn't get an e-mail from you.

o

tk, I copied and pasted and tried it again. If you don't receive this one, send me an email and I will try responding to it.

o

oh boy!

I'm at 200 packets exactly and still have 10 lists to go through, one of which is sassy's. I need to do hers in the morning, it's like a novel...lol

Tina, like you I have tried to weed out the very common ones...

My son got a job at dollar tree,doesn't have a car and his start time is 5am...WTH is up with that! I get up at 4ish so I can coffee up before we have to leave.I'm putting away the seeds and going to relax on the couch.

Good night All!
Lisa

Alana, I got your email.

o

I got it, thank you for working through all the troubles.

o

After getting my fedco catalog, I've added a lot to my list. Unfortunately, not at the top. Tina, if you could replace my old list with this one it would be appreciated, and after this I will stick to updates at the top of the list....

o

LOL thanks Lisa! I hope it's an enjoyable novel for you... heh heh :)

It's so darn cold here today... I'm snuggling in with a book myself today and my big warm blanket!

Hugs everyone,
~Wendy / sassyb.

o

As long as you posted that notice to me at the top of your list as well as here. I will be looking at every list, and not checking back through here. By having a note to me at the top of your list saying to repost the whole thing - I'll get it, do so, and it will be there for others to know too.

This is the most efficient way - is fastest, makes sure that I don't miss something, and makes sure the others looking at the master list know that your full list has shifted.

o

Hi,all! I've been lurking awhile. Shortly after I made a post inquiring about this swap, I became a live-in caregiver to a dear 90 year old lady. So I've been rather busy since. And I didn't know if I could do this swap this year. But I figure I'll do a little at a time. So count me in! I plan to finish updating my wish list in the next few days.

Rebekah

o

My wish list is updated!

o

Rebekah and deanna, I will post your updates to the list in the morning.
This is the last day to join the swap.
Happy Friday,
Alana

o

elle, I sent you an email.

squanzon's list is updated.

o

Hello,
I just wanted you guys to know that I have updated my list. Mom has mention some seeds she would like so I included some of them. It is posted at the top of my list.
Faye!

o

I'm currently involved in a large tomato swap and was hoping I'd have the package to me in plenty of time to update my tomato wish list before the posting deadline for this swap. In order to not hold up anyone any longer, go ahead and mark my list as updated and I'll post here again if I make any additional changes. Thanks!

o

I'm not tech savy. I couldn't find squanzon on the member list search. I can't get my computer to pull up the masterlist post at all. So I'll do the best I can and put it in the mail.

o

In order to not hold up anyone any longer,
Carsons, you aren't holding anyone up as Dec 10th is the last date for HAVE lists to be updated.

Tkhooper,
I see why you couldn't find s'q'uanzon on the list...her name is s'g'uanzon. I find her name a bit confusing too since the 'g' is followed by a 'u' which is 'always' the case when using 'q'.

I'm confused...do you mean you cannot pull up Tina's thread with the master list?
If so, here it is...WLOMWL 2011 Swap - Master List Only
I'm assuming you must have gotten the master list to open, since you didn't find sguanzon, but anyway, go to the last link she posted labeled WLOMWL PlainMasterList and that should open with ease.

Sue

o

The master list will be updated after Dec 10 -- so this one does not reflect the recent updates folks have posted.

Here is the link....

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL Master List w/clickable links

o

Tina, after you update, will it have to have a new link...I mean, if you did an update today (just for instance) would I see the update the next time I opened the 'existing' URL?

o

Complete Participants List

21. sguanzon wish list updated
26. deanna_in_nh wish list updated
28. chemocurl
39. carsons_mimi wish list updated
46. esiuol
49. columbine21

o

Sue -- you're right that it can be the same url. I can upload the file using the same file title, and it will replace the current one and keep the same addy.

So --- Bookmark that web addy everyone. I'll post (big and bold) when the update has gone up.

o

Kilngod, I'm sorry to ask but can you repost (copy/paste)my list when you do update? I removed some items I got in other trades. Sorry!!! If not, I can receive doubles-no big deal!! :) THANK YOU for all YOUR HARD WORK on this!!!

Jodie

o

I've said a few times --

No need to apologize for that. I am totally fine with updating after the 10th and have said that already. Just put the note at the top of your want list that the list has changed (or that you've added things at the top). I will see it when updating and will update accordingly.

If you put the note here...I will not be checking all the posts here while doing the update. That would be logistically nutso....I will only be checking the lists themselves, and I will miss your update if you haven't written a note about it at the top of your list....

iow:
I will be reading the top of your want list. Get my attention there. The only traders getting updated without a note at the top of their list are the people with a blank list on the master list.

(I'm just trying to make sure this is totally clear, and I'm asking you to follow those directions for your own benefit.)

o

Jodie74, I have already packaged up and sealed an envy of seeds for you....

I believe that Alana posted that you should not be removing things from your list because people have already started packing seeds...ALANA???

I'm going to wait until the tenth to pack anymore, I don't want to send things that people no longer need.

Lisa

o

That's right Lisa. The rule was stated and explained in the first thread so maybe some later joiners missed it.
It is simply that once you indicate that your list is ready for this swap you may not remove anything. That is because you have indicated that it is ready and people are packing seeds based on that. It would not be fair for them to have to go back and try to find them and pull them out later. That's why it is important not to announce it is complete before you are ready.
You can always add to your list. However, Tina will be finalizing her work around the 10th and any additions you make after that will not be in the Master List.

I hope that clears things up. I tend to take the long way around the barn.

It is really chilly here tonight. I think I will make myself a nice hot cup of orange spice tea. Have a good evening,
Alana

o

Alana - I haven't received an email from you yet. I don't think there should be any issues with my GW email since I've received some from other GW members this past week. Could you please try sending your address info again.

Thanks
Sandy

o

:) We're getting there. Hang in there everyone. It's a lot of stuff and seeds and people to keep track of. We'll make it. :)

Lisa, you can just send those extras to me. I think I remember you making a barrel to put my packets in. There's space.

Can I tell you I'm up to about 470 packs on my "rough out" list? (Minus maybe 100 that are either common-so-I'll-remove-them or I won't have quite enough of to do 11 packs of that thing.) I think I'm going to loose my mind after Christmas when I'm packing. That's just nutters.

**I'll add that I did agree to do one last update after christmas --- just for those couple things you saw while you were packing things, something on someone's have or want list that, well, made you drool. So I'll keep to that mini-update too :) Some folks just might not look for additions by then though, keep that in mind, so it's in your better interest to do most by Dec 10.

--T

o

I was not going to say anything about my updated list but I saw she was going to repost & wanted to be sure she did mine as well. I thought it would be better for me to allow SOMEONE ELSE to perhaps receive the seeds if I no longer needed them. I was certainly not trying to be difficut & if people already had mine packaged up then I NEVER WOULD EXPECT THEM to repackage & I did say I would be ok with doubles. I just wanted OTHERS to perhaps get the seeds that I already had. That was my thought process on this. I DID NOT want to receive seeds others could use more than me!!! I NEVER would have mentioned it but I saw she was willing to update & YES I did ONLY REMOVE seeds from my list & did not add more.

SORRY if I messed this up & caused hurt feelings to anyone!!

ishareflowers-no worries, please DON'T repackage! I DID NOT EXPECT ANYONE TO DO THAT!! But for someone like me who has not packaged yet, I thought my updated list of removed seeds would be more honest....

Again, soooooo sorry!!!!

o
RE: patty's wlomwl swap part deux

....If that's ok with Alana. Just let me know, Girlfriend. I don't want to be messin wit yo dates.

Smack me if need be, and I'll recant that after christmas thing.
-T

o

Jodie,

I'm sorry, even in print I tend to come off as brisk...I wasn't upset, just stating the facts. It's really no big deal. If I see that 10mpeople want the seeds and I have five fat packs I will split so everyone gets some.

I wont be repacking seeds but I also am sending in more than 150 so maybe they wont count toward your returns.

Tina, WOW! I won't have that many! I weeded out most of the commons but still don't have the time or the patience to pack that many.I have ten more lists to do and I will check back quickly for updates. I will however be adding to your package for the comments made above!!!LOL

Have a great night All

Lisa

o

No problem jodie! Lisa was just reminding us.

Tina, it is up to you how many updates you want/have time to do. I would never turn away great help!

I have already put seeds that I don't think will be duplicated in some folders. I will wait until I see what everyone else sends before I fill 'em up, though.

o

Alana, I know the rules said sign ups till Dec 3 and I am late, but I would still love to join if I can. If not, put me down for next year, but please let me know. Thanks a bunch, Linda

o

Oh, my! I take a small break from the forums and look at how much is discussed about me! hahaha

Tina (kilngod), thanks so much for taking the compiled list on this year. It was me that did it the last 2 years. I really enjoyed doing it, but it really does take a lot of time to update it as often as I did. I had a text file that was downloadable as well as the website link (html) on my website for people to go to. I can see you did the webpage, which is my favorite way to have it. It's so easy to find everything and everyone that way. Thank you SO much for your hard work in putting that up for us and keeping it updated periodically!

I was so touched that so many of you remembered that it was me who did it. What good memories you have! So sweet! It's nice to be remembered and appreciated for silly little things like that. I saw that Tina was doing it, so I didn't offer to do it, but I had planned to do it again. I've done it for this swap and several others. It's something I like to do because it's just easier for me, so if it helps y'all too, even better. How nice to have a break from it for once, though. Again, thanks Tina! You did a fabulous job!

Blessings,
Angela

o

Linda, I will add you to our team of swappers. I don't see a problem. You will need to have your wish list on your member page updated by the 10th, though.

I will email you the mailing instructions.

Angela, I have enjoyed using your lists in several swaps!

Dental appointment this afternoon after a weekend of toothache-I may not check back in today.

Alana

o
Complete Participants List, Really

28. chemocurl
46. esiuol
49. columbine21
50. ibartoo

o

Alana, I am updating all of my lists now. LOL thanks so much. I would hate to think I missed out on this one.

o

Hi all! Just checking in!
I just checked my last count and I'm at 95 packets of seeds :) I can't believe I made it this far. A few more people to go and I'll break 100 for sure!
Happy Tuesday!!
vina

o

My wish list is finally updated.

Louise

o

Whoo-Hoo...GW is fixed so I can log in and also has the Message boxes back on the exchanges. YAY!

Anyway, I'm sorry to say but I am going to have to drop out of this swap, this year, due to a number of things.

I will however be doing some seed offers and/or trades sometime later in the winter.

Tina/Kilngod You got that? I noted at the top of my lists that they needed updating.

Have fun gang, and I hope to do a big group swap with all of you some other time.

Sue

o

Yippee! Thank goodness it's fixed.
Sue, you will be missed.

28. chemocurl withdrawn
46. esiuol wish list updated
49. columbine21
50. ibartoo

o

Poisondartfrog, alana, would you kill me if I said I needed to drop out?? I tell you I really thought I could manage to pull it off. I don't believe I can. To many reasons to list, lets just say that much.

I sincerely apologize if I have screwed anyone up!! I will for sure keep this swap in mind for next year.

o

Hi all it is me I have no internet access right now am at my daughters house using her computer first of all
ALANA thank you thank you I will send you a special something for doing this for me
girls be good to her I wish I could do it .
I wanted to at least participate but its too hard to get computer access to check lists.
I was hoping one of my veterans I asked would do this because I hated for all of you to miss out on the swap and Alana stepped into my shoes she is the greatest
I will try to check the threads when I can even my kids have been taking care of my face book games LOL
Have fun Alana I will e-mail you
Patty

o

Woo hoo!!! Patty! I can't wait to hear from you!
I could not have gotten this far without Tina's help and the help of many other great swappers.
I am already looking forward to next years version when YOU are hosting, lol.

No problem Carolyn; it happens. I will update the list later.

Have a great Saturday,
Alana

o

Because of the log-in issues we will allow a couple more days for wish list updates. Feel free to post here when your list is ready.
In the meantime, I have already received the first package for this swap a little ahead of schedule so I am going to start a new thread for tracking receipt of seeds.

28. chemocurl withdrawn
43. countrycarolyn withdrawn
49. columbine21
50. ibartoo

o

ibartoo, Linda, has updated her list. That just leaves columbine 21 and all of the lists will be complete.
Rebekah if you cannot log in to update your list, you can email it to me at poisondartfrog@rocketmail.com and I will post it so that you don't get left out.
Thanks, Alana

o

Hi Patty!

o
We are ready!!

Everyone's List is updated now
28. chemocurl withdrawn
43. countrycarolyn withdrawn
49. columbine21 wish list updated
50. ibartoo wish list updated

o

Yes, my name is Guanzon- pronounced like Swanson only with a "G" :)

Don't blame me - it's my husband's name LOL - he's from the Philippines............

It can be confusing to some...

Sue G.

o

Hi;I'm finally back! I have been unable to log in for several days, but at least my wish list is complete.

Rebekah

o

I haven't posted the update yet, and I am very sorry. I knew the studio sale at my school was overlapping our date here, and that it's right up against end-of-semester grading. And....it's been harder time-wise than anticipated. Sale is now over; 1st set of papers that needed finishing are done; now I'll be finishing the updating in between some hard-core finals week grading -- as my breaks today.

I will have this posted by tomorrow at noon, maybe even by late tonight.

o

Master list is updated!

Here is a link that might be useful: WLOMWL Master List 2010

o
RE: update: wlomwl opps

Ha! I mean "WLOMWL Master List 2011"~~ !!!!

o

I have decided I need to quit looking at want lists since I've filled well over 200 and could keep going, but I do need to get some baking done too. I'm also in the Theme Swap hosted by Drippy and need to get back to working on that swap tonight. I will be mailing my fat envy either today or Saturday, after I hear from 2 particpants.

Happy seeding and Happy Holidays
Sandy

o

....and I've just fixed Countrycarolyn's listing. She had withdrawn and I missed removing her. Both her and Chemocurl are shown there (to make the numbering make sense), with a line through the name, text in grey font, and marked "Withdrawn".

Also, when I posted the update, I put all added/top/new sections of people's want list in bold text to make it easy for visual skimming. You can find the new parts faster that way.

o

kilngod - your list is a great help - thank you very much for all the work you put into it.

I have now reviewed all the lists and I'm about to start packing. I know Silver_Cat is, but if anybody else is also on MyFolia, let me know and I will add the swap codes to the packets.

Sue

o

I'm not on, and didn't even know of it. But now that I've peeked, I'll probably be checking that place out. very interesting.....

o

Sue, I did not think of the swap codes-- good idea.
kilngod, definitely, everyone should check it out (and I already had that new wish packed for you :)

o

I'm here finally, woohoo! Now that Christmas is over and one other swap done, I am free to concentrate on this one.... my favorite! Let the seed sorting begin!

o

I have most of mine packed up too. Just 4 more lists to go through and mine are ready.
It's almost time to get down to the serious business.
So far, you have all made it pretty easy for me.

o

If there is anyone like me just getting started, I just updated my list today after going through Bakers Creek catalog. My order from there I was figuring came up to $70! So I cut it back to $30 and the list of what I cut out is at the top of my page, if anyone has any of these to share, lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: My wishlist

o

Poisondartfrog,
My seeds were droped off at the post office today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!!
gmom

o

yotetrapper - I feel just like you! It's just barely getting started for me. I also did the Baker's Creek thing, adding everything I wanted to my cart. It was over $100 at the end, after a lot of fun hours of searching. I emptied my cart and came right back over to GW. Uggggh... LOL... If I hadn't already gotten several things at a couple other places first, I wouldn't have been able to resist. They're my favorite, so I should have saved my cash to shop there. Now, hopefully, I'll trade some of what I did get, like you, to get some of what I didn't get. LOL

Blessings,
Angela

o

Angela, I have some things from baker creek already that I grew or else have left from last year. If you had particulars of what you wanted I would maybe have a few for you...

o

Angela, whatever you have to share is a blessing. I actually lost all I'd saved last year before we moved to critters. I found my protected, insulated box had been eaten through and all kinds of seeds eaten, packets gnawed, etc. I was so heartbroken, I can't even tell you. I had a miscellaneous mix of seeds at the bottom that I had no idea what they were of the ones that were left behind. How awful, huh? I'm being much more careful now, to say the least. Uggggh

Blessings,
Angela

o

The list has been updated this last time. The new bits are posted for each list (not many) and also at the very top of the whole page to make it extra simple.

Have at it, folks!

(All the links to it are the same, no need to check around.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Last WLOMWL 2011 Update

o

Hi Alana, sent my seeds out on 12/29/10, hopefully you received them by now. I know you must be really busy putting this all together. Wanted to Thank you ahead of time for all your work and letting this newbie participate. Happy New Year fron Ohio!!

o

My seeds are in the mail.
~One or two of the varieties are colorized with a non-toxic dye. I hope nobody minds--some of the commercial packets have low seed counts; I thought a few would be better than none!

o

My seeds also went out in yesterday's mail.

Happy sorting & THANK YOU FOR HOSTING!!!!!!!!
Jodie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here