Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NEW: obf december swap

Posted by brittneysgran z6NC (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 26, 10 at 21:00

Photobucket

Here's hoping all OBF members will join in this last swap of the year.

What you will send is a card, seeds and an ornament (homemade or store purchased.)
I know this month gets so busy and hectic we want to make it fun and not so stressful.
Postage should be reasonable also if we keep it light in weight.

Signs up will be until Friday Dec. 3rd. This will give everyone plenty of time to find an ornament and get it mailed.

Thanks ladies it has been a year that has flown by.

Rose and Faye...hope you will both join us this month.

Shirley

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NEW: obf december swap

Hey Shirley, count me in!

By the way, I loved that moonshine jelly you sent me in a swap. Once I tasted it, I was absolutely selfish and hid it from the household. Otherwise, I'd never have another taste .

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

Maryanne

o

Hi Maryanne- Glad you liked the moonshine jelly. I always make all my jellies but I do buy that one. Mom ruined all us kids by making all jellies homemade when we were growing up so now I can't eat bought jelly. I experimented this year by combining grapes and blueberries and it turned out yummy. The strawberry freezer jam is still a family favorite. I tried peach and blueberry freezer jam but will not make those again.

Dan - I have heard they only get so many of the super deals in the stores. Did you see the fighting going on in some of the stores? They had it on the news. It's not worth it to me. I have a terrible temper and I would probably get locked up for punching some hateful shopper.

Come on ladies and (Dan) sign up for the Dec. swap.

April
Maryanne
Shirley

o

Shirley, I didn't see any fighting, just those crazies in line yesterday evening. I didn't go anywhere today, stayed home and cooked a turkey with most of the trimmings, then we made chocolate bark this afternoon, which was a lot of fun! It's been a great 2nd day of the 4-day weekend. So nice, in fact, that I can feel the muscles in my back and shoulders unknotting. Right now I'm listening to some extremely peaceful music, sipping a glass of riesling wine.
I just finished sealing the last envelope I'm sending out in Kym's Christmas Card Seed Swap, so sign me up for this one! It's simple enough that even I'll be able to find time to make it happen!

-Dan

o

I would love to join! Melinda

o

• Posted by remy 6WNY (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 27, 10 at 11:10

Hi Shirley,
Sign me up!
Also, I did send an email to the new members, but I have not heard back yet.
Remy

o

Hi,
Sign me up. I can't wait.
I am going to reply to the email today.
Faye!

o

Enjoy! Hoping everyone has lots of fun swapping. I will be stopping in to visit everyone during December, but not joining this time for the swap. Somehow my "commitments" from earlier in the year all seem to be running into December and beyond. I know I am not the only one that has happened, too. Just want a few minutes to breath deeply and enjoy this special time of the year... but please don't tell me how many days it is until Christmas. I will panic! LOL
Jeanne

o

Hi Shirley!
Please sign me up!

I was one of those "crazy" people out at midnight on Thanksgiving shopping. I started around 11:30pm, went all over the place, and got home around 12noon the next day.
Only saw a couple of scuffles over...get this...zhu zhu pets! Some people are so weird!

I have all but 2 items to buy and I'M DONE! :0) Kids(check), hubby(check), parents(check), in-laws(check)..even all the animals and there stockings (CHECK A ROO!)

We even have the outside lights done and the tree decorated. I am so on the ball this year, I may be scaring myself,lol! :)

Now, I get to crash and relax...don't even have to make dinner tonight...ordering pizza! AAAAAHHHHHH no dinner dishes, Christmas has come early for me :)

Happy Festivas!
vina

o

Vina, where did you find the time to do all that? Since you're finished with your decorating, how about coming to my place and decorating the outside for me? ***waving a plateful of freshly baked sugar cookies in the air***

o

I'll join!

Sue G.

o

April
Maryanne
Shirley
Dan
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G

Sitting out:
Jeanne

GAME TIME...GAME TIME.....GAME TIME
THE WINNER WILL GET BULBS OF THIS ASIATIC LILY:

Cocktail Twins
Photobucket

I guess the best question would be something that can not be looked up on the internet. OK.....We just came home from a family reunion with DH's family. Tell me how many family members came to this reunion.

The person who gets the closest without going over to the correct number wins the Asiatic Lily bulbs. (these can be planted now or in early Spring.)

Shirley

o

shirley

my guess is 138.

maryanne

o

i would love to participate :)

remy, i didn't see an email from you; perhaps my computer spammed it? would you please resend it?

my guess for the reunion question is 73.

i am so excited to be a part of this group! thanks for allowing me to play :)

o

count me in. good to see our oldies signing up. Beth where are you / hugs Carol

o

My guess is 201
Faye!

o

My guess is 26 ! Melinda

o

Morning All!!! My guess is.....57

later...April

o

Morning all!

Dan, you know I can't resist cookies :) I'm just one of those people who just likes to be busy all the time. I even had a neighbor once tell her husband I had OCD because I was gardening around 5am when he was going to work. I just like to have a list and check things off when I'm done...sometimes it works out great other times not so great.

I just signed up last night to make 600 Christmas cookies for my mothers church baskets. I get to make any kind I like so I'm figuring 6 different kinds 100 of each should be good. I do have until the 18th to get them done.

+ my daughters b-day party is next Saturday. She has like 25 kids coming to a gymnastics party, so I have to get ready for that too. Then the following week is her actual 7th birthday and she has a party at school.

Anybody want to help me stuff goody bags for the next 2 days :)

And those lilies are beautiful!
My guess is 65.

Happy Sunday all!
vina

o

Lol, Vina, you're off the hook now! We just finished decorating outside, but you can still pop over for some cookies when you get a moment or two to yourself!

Shirley, those lilies look awesome! If this were the Price Is Right, I'd bid $1 and hope everyone else went over...lol! After consulting with Bump (he's laying in front of the monitor feigning sleep) we're gonna guess you had 81 people for your family reunion. Now, the big question is, have you recovered yet??? Those family reunions can be a load of fun, but they sometimes have a way of taking a lot out of you.

Talk to you all later, I've got 9 dozen caramel no-bake oatmeal cookies to make and wrap up for next Saturday's cookie exchange. I'm hoping Stella will go down for a nap soon. Otherwise, she'll be wanting to "help" me...rofl.

o

Players for Dec. Swap
April
Maryanne
Shirley
Dan
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G
Rose
Carol

Sitting Out:
Jeanne

Vina I need to take organizational skills from you. I work steady but never seem to get anything done. Happy Birthday to your daughter. I also have a Dec. Birthday. 600 cookies Wow!!!!!!

Dan I love to watch the price is right. Please give me your caramel no-bake oatmeal cookie receipe. I make the peanut butter oatmeal no-bake cookies but have never heard of the caramel no-bake oatmeal cookies. I host a cookie/ornament exchange each year and it has become a tradition. Everyone starts in Oct. asking when it will be.

I have almost recovered from the reunion. LOL
It's sad but DH has two sisters who have been fueding for 3-4 years now and one of them doesn't come. They formed a Company together but had differences and split ways. It's sad because now the Company has really paid off.

We strung popcorn at Sunday School this morning. I had a hard time with needle and string so I came up with the idea I'm hot gluing the popcorn on the string. IT WORKED and so I did my part quickly. The ladies ministry is doing an old fashioned Christmas tree this year. I'm glad they didn't want cranberries strung to.

Here's the guesses we have so far.
Maryanne 138
Rose 73
Faye 201
Melinda 26
April 57
Vina 65
Dan 81

Good Guesses so far.

Shirley

o

I finally got here after all spring and summer, and fall? LOL Please include me in the December swap.

My guess will be 99.

o

Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 19:24

Rose,
I resent the questionnaire through the GW mail system. Let me know if you don't get it.

Shirley,
I'll guess 40.
Moonshine Jelly, I've never heard of that!
Don't know if anyone saw the Target store near my house had an incident with crazed shoppers when it opened.
If I had been there the video would had to be bleeped out for the obscenities I would of been yelling at those lunatics.
Remy

Here is a link that might be useful: Target Black Friday

o

Shirley, when you're making the peanut butter no-bakes, add in a bag of caramels when you're still stirring up the milk, sugar, cocoa, and butter. I chop my caramels up into quarters to decrease their melting time. that's the only difference in the recipe for the caramels. I also like to use the dark chocolate cocoa, which is just yummy!! lol. also, sometimes I throw a whole bag of coconut into the mix when I'm adding the oats, just for kicks.
here's a funny story that happened to me today. when I was making those no-bakes today, I kept reading "2 cups of milk" instead "1/2 cup of milk". lol, talk about a gooey, chewy cookie! my first two batches turned out okay, but the 3rd batch is strictly one of those "eating it out of the pan with a spoon" batches! after 4 hours, it's no where near setting up! LOL!
***sigh*** it still tastes good, what with the caramel, coconut, and extra chocolate I put into it, but I'm gonna have to make a batch of "plain janes" tomorrow to finish off the boxes of cookies I'm taking to the exchange.

o

Maryanne 138
Rose 73
Faye 201
Melinda 26
April 57
Vina 65
Dan 81
Treasa 99
Remy 40

Players for Dec. Swap
April
Maryanne
Shirley
Dan
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G
Rose
Carol
Treasa

Sitting Out:
Jeanne

Treasa - So nice to see you with us again. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. It's count down to Christmas now.

Dan - Oh ok thanks for the recipe. I have added coconut to the cookies before but never caramel.

Remy-Dear Lord forgive us that we would think more of buying a tv, computer and etc on sale than someones life. So very very sad. Wal Mart now gives out numbers to the shoppers in the order they get in line. I guess if they have 15 tv's on sale they hand out 15 numbers for the tv's and etc. There is really no need to run and trample anyone if you don't have a number for the item.

My Aunt invited me to her house for yet another Thanksgiving meal. I'm really tired of turkey now. I laughed so hard at my cousin who works at a Greek restaurant that I hurt. He said these really large ladies came into the restaurant and one excused herself and went off to the restroom. After 20 minutes went by he and her friend got concerned when she had not returned. They went to check on her and she was stuck down in the toilet. The greek owners of the restaurant were too large to get into the stall to help her out of the toilet so my cousin (being the skinny guy he is had to go into the stall to get her unstuck from the toilet. He heard his back pop but said he actually felt good the way it popped into place. I told him he should have had that one on tape, I bet it would have been a winner on my favorite videos.

Shirley

o

wow stuck on a toilet in a greek restaurant. talk about nightmarish!

i actually bought several bags of caramels on clearance after halloween (can't beat 60 cents a bag) so I am going to try out the caramel nobake recipe for our band concert bake sale-- thanks for the idea! i suspect i will eat half of them but that happens no matter what :)

dan, i did the same thing with my cheesecake this thanksgiving-- 2 cups cream instead of 1/2 cup cream so i figured what the heck and quadrupled everything. cheesecake for everyone! my bf ate an entire caramel cheesecake himself in 2 days, so it's really not lasting as long as i thought. i did pop a pumpkin/caramel one in the freezer for later though so he doesn't die of a cheesecake flavored clogged artery before xmas LOL

i went shopping today and people were still crazy, although no where near as bad as i heard things were on friday. thank goodness my kid wants nothing to do with the latest electronics! she did tell me today that the kids in her very rural high school make fun of her cell phone because it's so old and primitive but she was more amused by it all than anything else.

remy, i did get your email and sent it back earlier this evening.

hope everyone had a safe and festive thanksgiving!

o

Sun, Nov 28, 10 at 22:51

I sent everyone a new updated version of the questionnaire. Have fun reading it!

Shirley,
That is the funniest thing I have heard in quite some time!!

Dan and Rose,
You make me feel better about my baking disasters with not reading correctly!
Remy

o

Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 10:04

Hi All,
I got a question about what the rules are for the group. So here they are:

~New members must send their end first when they first join the group.(If two new people are sending to each other then this is null and void.) Older members must remember this rule!
~Send a box you would like to receive. Money doesn't make the box, thoughtfulness does.
~When sending boxes, please get a DC#.
~If for some reason, you can not send your box within the time, let your partner and the group know.
~If you will not be able to send you box out before the next month, you can not join the next month's swap.
~Try to remember and show up for each month and say whether or not you are playing to make it easy on the hostess. You need not write a dissertation, just a "Hello, I can not play this month" will be fine.

Does anyone have Fran's email? The address I have is wrong.
Thanks,
Remy

o

Hi,
I have another question.
Who do I send the box too?
Do I include return postage?
Sorry for all the questions I just want
to get this right.
Faye!

o

Mon, Nov 29, 10 at 13:20

Hi Faye,
You send to who the hostess tells you to send to. That will happen once the sign up period is closed. The sign up period is always listed in the first post by the hostess.
No, you do not send return postage because someone else will be sending a box to you. Depending on how the hostess sets it up. It could be you send to someone and that same person sends back to you. Or it could be you send to someone and someone completely different sends back to you.
I hope that makes sense,
Remy

o

hey everyone.

shirley, that story is priceless. thank God she didn't use the bathroom as the restaurant was closing. she could have been there until the next day. your poor cousin, hope he recovers LOL

tresa, nice to see ya after all these months.

welcome to the new players, faye and rose. it's always a joy to add new members.

rose, you are on the exact opposite side of the state than me. i'm in montgomery county!

the closest i've come to making anything no bake are cake bites. you crumble a cake and add softened cream cheese (some people use frosting/icing), roll into balls and then dip them in candy coating.

i have to decide what i want to make for our exchange this year. i'm leaning towards a few different choices, but seriously, i have to stop the baking. we had way too many desserts for thanksgiving and then it wasn't enough, i came home and baked a french apple tart and a psychedlic cake and then a chocolate mousse cake. i have grown several sizes in this last year. thank goodness clothes come in bigger sizes!!!!!

remy, it's crazy with that shopping fiasco. christmas's meaning is totally shot to hell when the sales start. the craziness of all the whackos in the parking lots, highways/streets, and then the stores. forget it. i'm usually done before halloween and if i have to pick anything up, i do so at obscure times.

well, off to a meeting - hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and a wonderful day.

maryanne

o

maryanne, what is psychedelic cake? sounds fun! the cake bites sounds deadly and addictive :)

o

Hi Everybody,
Welcome new members! Sorry to be passing this month. I am SO behind, I can't tell you. Still haven't dug up my canna and dahlias; broke my sewing machine AND my backup sewing machine trying to finish gifts for my grandkids, which are now on hold; way behind on shopping; renovations dragging on, and on . . . . Really must get more sleep and get on top of things! Have a great swap and I'll try to lurk and check in from time to time.
Dottie

o

Hi,
OK I think I understan now.
So you will tell me who to send to and no return postage.
this is going to be fun. Is it the same person every momnth or do you chosse a different one for us?
Faye!

o

Remy I did not get a new questionaire. My email has not changed and I think I'm still on the list but maybe not. I have been a vagabond and infrequent visitor in the past couple years.
Beth

o

Beth you are a golden oldie which is a member for life, your never getting rid of us. Remy thankyou for posting the rules, all new members must agree to these before they join. hopefully keeps scammers out. does Blinky aka Bunny have a computer yet hugs to all my bloomin friends carol

o

good morning everyone.

beth, i had sent ya an email a while back, didn't hear from you. just curious how jack is doing since he had that scare back in october (?).

rose, you take a white cake mix and separate it into smaller bowls and you add a different colored food coloring into each cup and then carefully pour it into the prepared pans - three or so colors in each pan. when you stack them and slice them, they look like a cake on acid.
(here's a link i googled)

today is a fundraiser at the library, so i need to get my butt in gear and get my contributions finished and over there.

everyone have a great day!
maryanne

Here is a link that might be useful: rainbow cake

o

Afternoon everyone!

Maryanne you just gave me such a great idea I can't thank you enough. I'm going to make your psychedelic cake and then crumble into the cream cheese and dip into chocolate. I'll use white, red and green cake and white chocolate. NOW THAT SAYS HOLIDAYS :0)

One question, do you add confectioners sugar to the cream cheese mixture or just the cake and cream cheese?
So excited about trying these!!

One kind of cookies down 5 more to figure out.

Have a great day everyone...stay warm and dry!
vina

o

Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 14:39

Hi Beth, You are on the list : ) Either I accidentally didn't click your name or it didn't make it to you. I'll try again. Let me know if you get it.

Faye,
Every month changes.
Remy

o

Remy-Thanks for helping Faye with her question.

Faye- It will get easier as you participate each month.

I'm going to leave the sign-up for the Dec. swap open until Friday.

Maryanne-I love the cake bite recipe....hope to try those soon. We better be careful eating all these sweets or we will be stuck in a toilet next. LOL

Hi Beth- Hope you join us this month.

Maryanne 138
Rose 73
Faye 201
Melinda 26
April 57
Vina 65
Dan 81
Treasa 99
Remy 40

Players for Dec. Swap
April
Maryanne
Shirley
Dan
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G
Rose
Carol
Treasa

Sitting Out:
Jeanne
Dottie

WE HAVE A WINNER::::::::::::::::

Rose you won the lilies by guessing 73...77 came to the reunion. I will mail your bulbs shortly. Thanks for playing.

Shirley

o

way to go rose!!!!!!

vina, i don't think i would do the psycho cake crumble. that would look like something else. maybe i misunderstand, that you are just going to bake a separate white, red and green. in that case, fine. and no, no 10x sugar. just use softened cream cheese and do not use much, just enough to be able to form a ball. and refrigerate well before dipping. google cake pops and you will be amazed at what's out there. people get soooooo carried away! i take the simple approach, pile them high on a dish and they are great for a cookie swap too!

i can't stay warm today. it's not all that cold, but it is rainy and i am layered, but....i normally can't stand the heat, but i feel like crawling in the oven. so instead, a lasagna is in it.

dan, how did it feel to go back to work? are you overloaded with ads, catalogues and flyers? i can only imagine that this time of year and voting time are the worst.

i'm watching this documentary on polygamist sects. my oh my. i cant understand our government at all knowing and allowing. i guess the almight green/buck speaks much louder than common decency.

have a great night everyone.

maryanne

o

Hello ladies and Dan! I don't think I'll be participating in the swap this month (not a lot of call for Christmas ornaments on the menorah, lol) but I'll definitely pop in and out to see how things are going. How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I went to Arizona for a big family get together, so I'll guess 100 people at your reunion because I think thats how many people were at mine! It was so much fun!
~Laura

o

Shirley, count me in!! Thanks for hosting!!

Annie

o

Players for Dec. Swap
April
Maryanne
Shirley
Dan
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G
Rose
Carol
Treasa
Annie

Sitting Out:
Jeanne
Dottie
Laura

I'm so dissapointed with the Christmas Tree I bought on sale last year after Christmas. I love the white lights but the only ones K-Mart had left were the colored lights so I thought welllllllllll it couldn't be that bad and at 75% off what a deal. My Victorian ornaments looked terrible with the colored lights so I had to use all my snowmen ornaments on this tree. Now I don't have a big enough tree for my Victorian ornaments. Shoot.... and my cookie party is next Monday. I may have to pack them away and use them next year when I find another tree.

Hi Annie- so nice to see you participating.

Hi Laura - Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, glad to hear yours was also.

I'm thinking about tearing up the hardwood floors in one of my bedrooms and replacing with a different kind. I can get Hickory pre-finished 3 1/4" for 99 cents a square foot at work and that is a killer deal. I have never liked the hardwood we have in this bedroom so now is the time to fix it. DH said ok when I said let's do it. (He has to do all the work)

Shirley

o

oh my stars, i'm so excited! i have always wanted double lilies and that color is just amazing! thank you so much :)

that is an amazing deal on the hickory. i put in an oak floor in my daughter's room last year and we did the kitchen this summer. nice that it's prefinished-- the finishing is wht takes up all the time-- i got the floor down in less than a week (2" boards in a 20 x20 room-ugh) but it was almost a month before the sanding and staining and varnishing was done. good luck! it ill be lovely when done :)

we haven't put up the tree yet; thanksgiving was just too hectic. hopefully by this weekend. shirley, sorry that you are disappointed in your tree :( the snowmen will be pretty though and maybe you can find some other way to display the victorian ornaments? this year the bf wants to get a tree that extends into the loft; i cannot fathom how many lights we will need to cover a 15 foot tree, not to mention ornaments! if i suddenly disappear from gardenweb, i have been crushed to death in a tragic tree-trimming accident. i might need to get one of those grip-extender things they sell in infomercials at 3am to decorate the top LOL

o

Please sign me up!

I have been sitting on the sidelines too long!

trying to catch up, life is crazy and I can use a pick me up!

Have a wonderful day everyone

Frances

o

Hi there -
I'd like to join, if it's not too late. Please let me know. Happy Holidays everyone!'

Sue N

o

Players for Dec. Swap
April
Maryanne
Shirley
Dan
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G
Rose
Carol
Treasa
Annie
Frances

Sitting Out:
Jeanne
Dottie
Laura

Frances----So good to see you...Welcome back

Sue N - Hi Sue...We would love for you to join our little group. Have you traded with any of the members yet? I plan to match names tomorrow so we can get our packages in the mail before the Christmas rush. Of course you can become a member and join in the swaps next year. We have monthly swaps and have members take a month and plan out the swap for that month.

Rose-You are right....finishing the hardwood floors after they are nailed down is the hard part. I hate all the wood dust that has settled on everything...You be careful with that 15 foot tree. Please post pictures when you get it up. I love big trees but I can't use one that big.

Shirley

o

Hi Shirley

I haven't traded with any of the members of this particular swap, but I have traded on the plant exchange and have participated in a couple of round robin exchanges earlier this year. Although I have been a member for some time I had some health problems a couple of years back and didn't do much trading until this year. I would be more than happy to send my end first, of course. Thanks.

Sue

o

Hi Shirley

I haven't traded with any of the members of this particular swap, but I have traded on the plant exchange and have participated in a couple of round robin exchanges earlier this year. Although I have been a member for some time I had some health problems a couple of years back and didn't do much trading until this year. I would be more than happy to send my end first, of course. Thanks.

Sue

o

can i join this swap? its been a while since i helped with one.

o

Shirley, I need to pull out of the swap this month. I'm sorry.
-Dan

o

:)

Hi Shirley (and everyone else too!) It has been too long!

99c a square foot!!!! I am positively GREEN with envy! I have been shopping for new flooring for months. Just can't squeeze it into my budget the costs are going through the roof! I am probably going to have to settle for some resiliant flooring in the areas that need it most and work on some hardwood or laminate on a room by room basis!

My allergies are so bad the carpet is killing me!

No rush to put up the tree here, I haven't even thought about going up into the attic. too cold up there!

I hope you are all safe and warm where you are and that no one is trapped by those snow storms I see on the news

Have a terrific day!

Frances

o

Players for Dec. Swap
April
Maryanne
Shirley
Melinda
Remy
Faye
Vina
Sue G
Rose
Carol
Treasa
Annie
Frances
Sue (NEW-WILL SEND HER END FIRST)
Christine

Christine - nice to see you here again.

Dan-Sorry you can't join us but I understand.

Sue-Since it is Christmas I'm letting you join this swap as your first swap and if it goes well you can become a member. Merry Christmas

Here is who you will send to:
April - Treasa
Treasa - Rose
Rose - Vina
Vina - Sue G
Sue G - Melinda
Melinda - Christine
Christine - Sue (You need to send Christine your address)
Sue - Shirley
Shirley - Annie
Annie - Frances
Frances - Maryanne
Maryanne - Carol
Carol - Remy
Remy - Faye
Faye - April

Hope this works for everyone. If you don't have an address please look at your members list or e-mail your partner for it.

Shirley

o

Oh, yeah! Partners! Can't wait to send! Thanks, Melinda

o
Help!

Hello again! I can't find Christine's info in the obf questionaires! All I can find is a Christan! So please Christine I need you to email me your addy and whether you have a special theme, color, etc. for your tree! Thanks, Melinda

o

quick question-- are we trying to send our boxes out on or by a certain date?

o

good morning everyone. hope you all are doing well. partners have been paired....now to give this some thought!

i was thinking of decorating today, but then i saw that pile of wash and all the other things that need doing and think i'll wait a few days. my finger has finally healed about 95%, so at least i can function a little better. there's lunch with santa today but not sure if i want to do that or the breakfast next week. don't want to confuse with all these different santas, but really, i would like to do every one of them!

rose, send before christmas, especially if you are including an ornament. other than that, it's up to you for the date, i don't see where shirley said send on a particular date.

well, i need to find some doll clothes. when we were cleaning out my friend's dad's house, there was a box that had about 6 baby dolls and all these cabbage patch dolls, all in their boxes, and she was kind enough to give them to me for my granddaughter, so they will be a part of her christmas gifts from santa. i have my doll baby crib when i was a little girl so i think i need to get working on it. i'm going to try my luck at making bedding too, not sure how to do this, but i'm going to try. wish me luck.

have a great day everyone.
maryanne

o

maryanne-- thanks. i wasn't sure becase the other swap i'm doing is date specific, and i wanted to make sure that i have enough time to finish my project :)

about the doll clothes/bedding, when moiya (now 15! yikes!) was into dolls, i used to go to thrift stores and buy up all the headscarves they had-- they usually run 25-50 cents. they make great baby blankets for the crib and Moi used to wrap them around dolls for dresses and such, and when she was older she would try to cut them apart and sew them together to makes clothes, both for herself and the dolls LOL. it never mattered that she mutilated them becaue they were so cheap and she sure came up with some interesting "outfits" LOL

o

Hi Shirley -

Please let me know if you have a specific color scheme or theme for your tree. I want to go shopping tomorrow if possible. Also, please send me your address. I will mail out by Tuesday. Thanks.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. We had a couple of inches of snow forcasted for Northeast Ohio today, but only a few snow showers so far. We'll probably get more overnight. Take care all.

Sue N.

o

Maryanne-Thanks for clarifying the date. Little girls do have to have their babies and all the accessories. I guess we get ready for being Mommy!!!!Huh.

We do need to get our packages out ASAP. So please try to mail when you can.

Sue N. - I have several tree themes (I put up more than one), snowmen, northwoods, victorian, and gingerbread items are some of the ones I use. Thanks

My cookie party was a success last night. I had 21 ladies who attended and we laughed until we hurt. So many cookies to sample! YUM

We are leaving for Pigeon Forge, TN this Thursday. My family has rented a cabin until Sunday and I can't wait. Last count there was 24 going. I sure hope it warms up some.

Shirley

o

Maryanne
Finally made it to the front of the line at the Post Office today! DC# 0310 1230 0001 3878 5459, I forgot how crazy it can be at this time of year! so glad I have my packages all mailed

Have a wonderful day everyone

Frances

o

I got Remy!!! its been a long time, will check the questionaire for your addy what is your tree theme ? Dan the phyco cake sounds like something that would go good with your brownies. Shirley never buy a tree a year ahead they turn brown. welcome Rose and Faye think you may be the first two in the history of obf that i have not met before they join but if Shirley accepts you I am sure you will be good for the group, if not we WILL beat Shirley, so be good and welcome, I'm the mean ol lady of the group. hugs to all carol

o

hey everyone, where are you? shopping? decorating? relaxing?

rose, thanks for those ideas. i did look up on the internet about clothes and the larger doll will fit in premie clothes, so i am scouring the thrift stores for them. not much luck. i did find a cute little outfit, but it didn't fit - it's for one of those build a bears. we have one of them and i refused to buy clothes there because the prices are outrageous. this one i got for a dollar, so i was getting it no matter what.

shirley, have a wonderful trip. great tradition! we have a cookie exchange on the 16th. would love to hear more about yours.

francis, i look forward to it. thanks for the head's up.

i've been on a quest to find just the right thing and have come up blank two days in a row. of course, i'm being very specific with what i want, and it's not happening....oh well, there's tomorrow.

here's some fun, maybe ya'll have been it another year.

it sure is C O L D with more coming!

maryanne

Here is a link that might be useful: snowflake

o

Just a quick note to let Christine know her box is on it's way! DC# 0304 7990 0000 4983 4716. Enjoy!
Hope everyone is staying warm! Getting ready for holidays.
Have a good evening all! Melinda

o

Francis...sent your OBF December ??? out yesterday (Wednesday). I was not able to post on GW for some reason, so I sent you an email with the DC# this morning.

Please let me know if you did not get the email and I will resend.

To all...Merry Christmas. Be safe!

Annie

o

ANNIE !!!!!

who needs seeds when you have that much CHOCOLATE!!!

OMG! I have to hide the box from myself! could not resist trying the "Pecan Pie" though, that is just decadent! (if you haven't tried the the Ghirardelli squares, they are like SIN in a foil wrapper! can't wait to try the rest!

she also sent a lovely card and two beautiful ornaments, one traditional and one very sassy and smart I love them both! I have been putting off the trip to the attic, bit I think I am ready now!

Will post a photo of the ornaments as soon as I eat..... hide all this chocolate! YUM Lindor, Ghirardelli and oh!!! Godiva too! I might be in a chocolate coma!

Thank you so much for such a lovely surprise

Frances

o

Finally, I can sign in! Don't know what the trouble was, but for two days now, I kept getting an error on this side of GW.

Anyway, hello and hope everyone is well.

I received my box from Frances, which included a lovely christmas card together with three candy looking soaps - one a ribbon candy, another a lollipop and the third a starlight mint. pretty cool - never saw anything like it. glad i read it was soap!!!!! i also received a nice assortment of seeds, which i will wintersow, a journal, christmas pencils and erasers and a bag of DARK (my favorite type of chocolate) kisses. thanks so much frances, you packed a mean box!!!!!

carol, i'm working on getting my swap box together to send to you. i think i finally have it together, but that could easily change.

it sure is cold, and i love the cold, but this just seemed to come on so quickly. we are supposed to be getting some nasty weather this week coming.

i finally got some baby doll clothes. purchased a three piece premie outfit which fits the bigger girl doll quite nicely, and then a few other outfits that fit the smaller dolls. i'm on a real baby doll roll this year with my granddaughter. she's such a stuffed animal girl, carries them everywhere, but trying something new this year. was in target and purchased a whole assortment of items - pack and play, travel carrier, high chair, toilet. too cute. she already has the stroller, but i don't believe a doll has ever been pushed in it, so we'lll see what happens this year.

our neighborhood has their christmas party tomorrow, so we will be seeing santa. when i was a little girl, i attended this same party. some things have changed over the years, but it's pretty much the same concept. santa will come at the end of the party and everyone will get a picture with him.

in the evening, i hope to be making it to a live nativity at a church a few miles away. they have an entire early evening program - music, food, crafts and the live nativity. should be a real treat.

i certainly need something to get me mentally where i need to be at this time of year.

stay warm everyone. we had a few flurries today, but nothing to write home about. i think the real nonsense is supposed to come sometime next week.

maryanne

o

yay! gw is being nice again. i wanted to say hi to veeja11/carol and say that i will try to be good for the group, no need to beat Shirley :)

i'm going to try to get to the post office tomorrow and mail out boxes and cards and more seeds than i ever thought i'd be dealing with in december lol. we're supposed to get some snow on sunday night, although nothing like vina's 43 inches (i can't even imagine what it must be like to deal with that every year brrr) and i'm hoping my daughter will have a snow day- drinking cocoa and watching movies together would be so nice. hope everyone is staying warm and cozy!

o

Maryanne!

Glad everything arrived in good shape!

Those 'Candies' look fabulous on the tree or in the 'soap dish' I had never seen anything like them either but they were too cute to resist!

It is cold here all week. a few nights we have had temps down into the teens. Very cold for us at this time of year
The sky looks like snow, but I expect it will only be rain.... ho hum, its been too chilly to get out and mulch the leaves so the yard is dreary enough, I hope I will be able to get it cleaned up before the holidays!

Stay warm and safe everyone!

Frances

o

Hi Shirley -

Your package is on it's way. I hope you like it. Your DC# is 0310 0480 0002 9919 1522. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you are having a great time at Pigeon Forge.

o

Just stopping by to say hello. It has been cold here, too. This is such a busy month. My favorite part is Christmas Eve when all the decorating is done, the presents are wrapped, and the house is clean. It seems to take me all month to get there though. With a bit of luck, I will fit in baking one or two kinds of cookies, too!
It sounds like some wonderful boxes are being received.
Have a good weekend. For lunch today I am going to meet some of the quilters who were in the original quilt group that I belonged to so it will be nice to see some whom I have not seen for a long time.
Jeanne

o

Hi Vina-- got your package mailed out today-- dc# is 0310 2010 0001 6452 6649. hope you like it :)
rose

o

Hi all!
Goodie...goodie...I see my package is on the way :)
and my package will be mailed out on Monday. Still working on a couple of little things. :)
Happy Saturday to you all! vina

o

Hey Gang!!
My beautiful Messenger of Hope ornament from Faye arrived!!PLUS.....100 zip bags & seeds
Mexican Sunflower
Blue Salvia
Red Columbine
Dwarf Dahlia
Benarys Lime Zinnia
Spoon Gourd
Sweet Pea Royal Family
Red Cypress Vine
Lychnis
Night Blooming Jasmine
Burgundy Hollyhock
Red Bachelor Button
Thanks Faye!!!

later...April

o

Melinda - your package is on its way hope you like!

Sue G.

o

We had a wonderful trip with family until 1:30 this morning. I was woke up with someone saying a snow storm was about to hit and we shoulod get off the mountain,.We were snatching our things and throwing everything in the car. Interstate 40 was terrible and truckers have no mercy when they want to arrive at their destiny. We did make it to Waynesville()where my Son lives) and spent some sleep time here. Woke and the snow is gone so hope to get home in around an hour.

Glad to hear some have sent and others received their swap. Will be mailing mine tomorrow.

Maryanne - My cookie party was such fun. Every year they get better. We played a game that was hilarious. You named three things about yourself which two were true and the other a lie. We giggled and laughed the whoe time through it. You had to figure out which was the lie and the most correct guesses won. Of course the onament exchange is always the highlight of the evening. I had ladies crammed in my living room. 21 showed up for the eschange. Hope yours turns out just the way you planned.

Shirley

o

Hi Everybody,

Just visiting and catching up. Looks like some great swaps are happening. Raining and made 59 degrees here today, so I got some bulbs lifted and set out to dry in the garage. Attended my granddaughter's 4th birthday party at Bounce U today. What a blast! The kids were nonstop happy and the place is amazing. DH was about to go down the BIG slide when they said our time was up (thanks be to God!). Remember, he's the one who did the bungy jump in New Zealand with my teenagers to be in "solidarity"! (I almost fainted just watching them!) I keep reminding him we are too old for this stuff (and for going up high on ladders!).

Hope everyone is well and happy and to all a happy holiday!

Dottie

o

You speak of snow and it was 91 degrees here yesterday...and should be 90 something today. I will welcome some WINTER, any WINTER!!! I am picking up my tree later on today and putting it up tonight. It just does not seem proper to be hanging lights and ornaments in shorts and a tank top.

Happy Monday!!

Annie

o

Hi all!
I received my package from Rose today!!!!! :0)

In my box was:
a gorgeous hand painted Christmas card!!!

2 beautiful snowman boxes

in 1 were seeds: fringed pinks, romanesco broccoli, borage, dianthus: king of the blacks, poor mans saffron (carthamus tinctorious) and candy climber

in the other snowman box was a exquisite (and I can't say that enough!!) handmade Christmas ornament. I think it was a gourd that has been dried and then ornately burned with a garden scene of iris' and dragonflies and turtles. It actually brought tears to my eyes that someone could take that much time to make me something with so much heart!!
I can't thank you enough!!!

and if that wasn't enough I also received a bag of assorted chocolates (DH is on vaca this week and absconded with those the minute they hit the table :0)

AND....drum roll please......................I even received an IRIS a TB iris: Before the Storm. Which looks heavenly!!!

I can't thank you enough for such a thoughtful box of presents.(((((HUGE HUGS)))))) coming your way!!

vina

ps. Sue, I mailed out your box today. But I got so excited that my box had come that I left the DC number in the van. I'll post it when I venture back out into the tundra later today :0)

o

vina, i'm so glad you liked it. i figured the chances were pretty slim that you had an ornament with both turtles and irises LOL. you're lucky i sent it to you--i loved doing the turtles and might have to make another one for myself :)

i cannot take credit for the card-- i got that at a student art exhibit. isn't it adorable? i loved that plants in the foreground, so airy, and it was so gardeny and christmasy all at once.

my man ate an entire platter of peanut butter kiss cookies a coworker gave me. i have hidden the fudge. i figure it will come in handy if i need him to hang ornaments on the time of the tree again this year!

i hope the iris survives til spring. its sister is in a pot next to the greenhouse; i haven't gotten around to moving everyone inside yet. supposedly everything in the pot collection is hardy, so this should be a true test!

keep warm!

o

Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 18:59

Hi All,
It is freezing here! But I went out and got Faye's pkg. on its way. DC# 0310 1230 0002 1025 4600.

Annie,
I would gladly give you some of this cold!!

Shirley,
Glad you had a great trip. Your exchange party sounds like fun. I go to one too, but it is much smaller.

Maryanne,
It is so nice your neighborhood has a Christmas party. I've never lived in a neighborhood that did that. I did once live in a neighborhood in Buffalo that had a great summer block party.

Dottie,
It sounds like your hubby is a lot of fun! Maybe not too safe, but a lot of fun!

We never go the tree up because Gary hurt his back, but tomorrow is his birthday and he has the day off. So hopefully he feels good enough to help me get everything down from the attic.
Have a good night everyone,
Remy

o

April sends to Treasa
Treasa sends to Rose
Rose sends to Vina (received)
Vina sends to Sue G
Sue G sends to Melinda - mailed
Melinda sends to Christine - mailed
Christine sends to Sue N -
Sue N sends to Shirley - received
Shirley sends to Annie - mailed
Annie sends to Frances - received
Frances sends to Maryanne - received
Maryanne sends to Carol
Carol sends to Remy
Remy sends to Faye - mailed
Faye sends to April - received

Nice to see Christmas packages are arriving.

I have had a terrible time signing onto GW also. I borrowed Brittney's computer again. I have got to buy me a new computer this week.

Sue N - What a wonderful box I received from you. I just kept pulling surprises out of that box. You went way beyond what you had to send and I LOVE IT ALL.

Cappuccino
Red Christmas Socks
Coconut Twist Body Lotion
Christmas Stationery and envelopes
Snowman ornament love this little fellow
Truffles YUM
Gray Gloves, Black Gloves
Gingerbread Tea Can't wait to try this
Gingerbread Cookie Cutter
3 piece white snowflake towel set...JUST BEAUTIFUL
Seeds:
Ca. Giant Zinnas
Confectionary Sunflwoer
Cosmos Sea Shells
Scarlet Runner Beans
Blue Nil Japanese Morning Glory
Red/Black Poppy

I definetely received Christmas today. Thank you Sue N for a very nice box.

Annie your box is on its way. I would post the DC# but it is in the car and it's 14 degrees out there....BRRRRRRR
I'm coming to see you for a couple of months and enjoy those warm temps.

Shirley

o

Hey everyone. A bunch of great boxes being received.

We have the freezing cold as well. Had some flurries today, but nothing of significance. I love the cold, but this is more than I want, especially since I pay the heat bill. I would love a fireplace. It would roar morning, noon and night!!!!! I remember years ago looking at a house in Elmira, NY that had 5!!!!! fireplaces. WOW. The house was so gorgeous and sometimes I kick myself in the butt for never buying it. Oh well.

The firehouse christmas party was cute. they had a magician and seriously, I think some of the tricks go over the little kids' heads. then he pulled the rabbit out of his hat and that of course was what really got them! Santa came, pictures were taken with him, cards drawn/written to the troops, and then we could go into the firehouse and the kids could climb in and out of the various trucks/engines, etc. all in all, a nice afternoon.

Then in the evening, we went to this wonderful event. It was held at a neighboring church. I will make it a point to make this an annual event, that's how wonderful it was. they had this colonial thing going on. people all dressed in period garb, instruments and music, colonial dancing, crafts. there was a silversmith who was just so filled with knowledge and boy oh boy, you should have seen some of those pieces. father christmas was there and again we could get pictures, there was a quilt room, with quilts dating back to 1897 and a woman, again dressed in period costume, with a spinning wheel, giving demos. they had a room set up with crafts. as you entered the room, they gave the kids a brown bag/sack that you put your name on. at that location, you could choose the first item to put in your bag. then you went table to table and made the crafts. all of them christmas related. angels, snowman, reindeer ornaments, mangerm wreath, beaded things, felts things, construction paper things. this was so organized, i was taking mental notes to bring back to my own church. there were cookies and the best sweet cider i have ever tasted at all different locations. they ran three different skits and the best of all was the live manager scene. it was magnificient, starting out with joseph and mary heading towards the stable on the donkey. the angels appeared, the shepherds were in the field tending the sheep (and goats LOLOLOL - they told me they take whatever the farm(er) brings. then the wisemen came bearing gifts. there was this beautiful music, the lighted stars shining and there was this wonderful goosebumpy feeling in the whole audience, even though we were outside with traffic and sounds and whatnot. afterwards, they announced that if you wished, you could enter the stable. my granddaughter was the first one and was there for quite a bit before anyone else entered. i never saw her so still, so quiet. i do believe the spirit touched her!!!!!!! another wonderful "adventure" with my granddaughter.

remy, sorry to hear gary isn't feeling well. hope he is better for his birthday and that you guys accomplish the tree.

annie - 91?????? i'd be complaining on that. i do remember a few years back though the weather was such that people here were out buying christmas trees in shorts and shirtsleeves. didn't seem right at all.

shirley, my cookie exchange is this weekend. i am working on the containers to put my cookies in. how do you all do it? do they come wrapped ahead of time? we are doing this whole thing a little strange from what i am used to, but the woman hosting it isn't always all there anyway. i'm sure it will be a great day. i did suggest the ornament exchange, but since she didn't suggest it, it won't happen.

dottie, party sounds fun. i'd be one on that slide too. no amusement rides for me, but i'll take a slide anyday.

rose, what talent!!!!!! i love homemade stuff (hint, hint, hint).

vina, you had significant snow already or did i miss something? i know parts of the mid-west just got slammed. i used to spend a good deal of time not too far from your neck of the woods, and once, my neice and i were snowbound and when we were finally able to get out the next day, once we went through the allentown tunnel, you'd a thought we were on a different planet. no signs of any ill weather.

anyone ever watch that show horders? oh my goodness. i thought i was bad, but at least all my crap is in bins in the basement!!!!!!! we just got cable tv, it's actually direct tv, i guess it's the same as cable. i am loving some of these shows. my son will sit and watch hours and hours of movies, i'll take the border wars, cake boss, food challenge type of shows. i was seeing something called american restoration, but it's gone already. i do love american pickers. i need to learn from them and sell or get rid of my picks!!!!!

well, that's as long winded as i can get tonight. stay warm everyone. although annie, you need to stay cool!!!!!

maryanne

o

Morning!

Just popping in th let Treasa know that her box went out yesterday. DC# 9101 1288 8230 0463 9244 47

Stay warm...it's a balmy 23 here today!!!

later...April

o

A BIG Thank You goes to Sguanzon! I rec'd my box and love the Santa ornament! Just the type that fits right in with the others I have! Wooden with star!
Also a lovely card and tons of great seeds! Will definitely be wintersowing these! Thanks so very much. I am very pleased with my box!
Melinda

o
RE: NEW: box received!

I do know that Christine got her box. She emailed and said she got it. That was about all. But, she hasn't posted on here or offered any other thoughts about it. Melinda

o

maryanne, we heat with wood-- have a fireplace in the living room and a woodburner in the kitchen, and will be adding another woodburner to the study/library. i both love and hate it. when the fire is going it's reasonably warm, but with temps in the low teens it takes a long time to heat up the place. my first thought though when i saw 5 fireplaces was "omg think of the dirt!" my house is ALWAYS dusty and everything smells like fire. i am not a very compulsive person so the layer of dust constantly on everything doesn't really bother me, but i will NEVER have my grandmother over LOL. oh, and ill make sure to include a gourd goodie if we're ever partners- do you have long hair or pierced ears?

gw couldn't pick a more inconvenient time to be moody; i'm sure so many people are itching to get on and thank everyone for their generosity :)

o

Rose, your box went out yesterday. Hope you like it.

Did someone say snow? We are one of the areas with lots of it.

Maryanne, a couple years ago, our church held a Biblical street of shops event at this time. That was fun. My hubby tended a weavers shop (we do hobby weave), and I put together an herb shop, with everything I could use for props and decor, and lots of herbs, especially those from that time. The community came out to see all the various "shops".

Some nice boxes I see.

o

Wed, Dec 15, 10 at 19:14

Geeze some of the boxes sound big. I sent a small one : ( I sure hope you like the ornament I picked out Faye.

Carol,
I got the wonderful surprise! I sent you an email.

Maryanne,
We got the tree up!
I love Hoarders! I love Intervention too. Those shows make me feel like I really got it together, lol. My favorite show though is 'I Survived'. The stories people tell are just absolutely amazing.

Rose,
We use the wood burning stove a lot in winter. I too am used to the dust, and am thankful my grandmother doesn't come over, lol.

Treasa,
I'm sure you got some good snow out your way! The biblical street of shops sounds like fun.
Have a goodnight everyone,
Remy

o

Hi, rose, the box you sent sounds great, so you are off to a good start, darn and I was so looking forward to beating Shirley. welcome to the group Remy your box went out yesterday conf #03082690000186284584. sounds like you got the first half, glad you liked it. it's hard to send seeds to someone who sells seeds. hope the 20 yr old seeds I sent are liked by you. Merry Christmas and big hugs to all my bloomin friends

o

I received my packed box from Vina yesteray and it was spectacular!

I received:

A snowflake ornament
Seed baggies (much appreciated!)
A carrot garden stake (cute!)
A Santa magnet and magnetic note pad (I use these a lot!)
Raspberry thin mints (yummy!)
A butterfly 16 month desk calendar (perfect I needed one!)
Mucho seeds in a festive felt bag (many of most wanted!)

I love everything - thanks so much!

Sue G.

o

I received my box today from Remy.
There was a beautiful snowflake ornament and 2 holiday candles. I really love the ornament.
She also send these seeds which is really appreciated.
blue clematis
amaranthus
cali bluebell
gaura
foxglove nigella
moss verbena
dragon flower
black eye susan vine.
Thank you so much.
This Christmas is a good one thanks to
all the garden web members.
Faye!

o

Thu, Dec 16, 10 at 21:12

Faye,
I'm so glad you love the ornament! I hemmed and hawed over which one to buy you being you are new, and I don't know your personality yet. I know I stuck to the program, but now I feel like I should of done more being my partner went way overboard on me! So I think I owe you some plants come spring : )

Carol! Thank you so much for the box. You though were not suppose to do so much!! She sent me:
a bunch of lip glosses
a mug with cocoa
a snowman figurine
a very pretty ceramic birdhouse
and a bunch of chocolate!!! (I've already eaten a few of the almond toffee ones, so yummy!)
On top of all this she sent me a gift certificate for seeds from Nichols Gardens which came yesterday!!!!
Thank you so much for being so good to me,
Remy

o

Shirley- i got my bulbs yesterday-- thank you so much :)
Treasa thanks for the heads up- i am keeping an eye out for it :D

o

I received my box from April. As soon as we got back from ringing the Salvation Army bell for a couple hours, I had the hot chocolate April sent me. : ) Also in the box was a darling snowman ornament. Very cute!!!! Some chocolates, a notepad, tissues, and some seeds. Proboscidea louisianica, California poppies, Balloon flower, and some blue Snapdragon vine. Thank you very much, April!

Hope everyone has had a great day!! Been busy here.

Treasa

o

Remy,
I loved everything you sent. I am very happy with it. My husband was impressed also. And that is rare.
Now I will know what to do for next years. I think maybe I did not send enough. But I will know next year.
Again thank you so much for all the goodies.
The snowflake ornament was right on for me. It is perfect.
Thanks,
Faye!

o

woo-hoo! treasa, i got my box today- thank you so much! i got a set of tiny glass ornaments, a cute ball with greenery and bows and a matching mailbox stuffed with pine and berries and presents, both of which go very well with my coffee table centerpiece display, an adorable frame with a snowman, perfect for the latest basketball portrait, a ginormous bottle of coco butter lotion, which is already coming in handy, and i hit the seed lottery jackpot! summer sundae scabiosa, agrostemma, grandpa ott morning glory, more morning glories, cosmos, citrus cocktail calendula, cleome, foxglove, zinnia, yellow cali poppies, baby's breath, and court jester mums, which i have eyed many times in catalogs. thank you so much for your generosity!! i cn't wit for spring :)

o

Many thanks to Christine, my partner. She sent me a nice package that included a lovely Christmas card, an interesting candle with shells and sand inside, a butterfly cross stitch craft kit, two types of yarn, oil of olay and a generous assortment of great garden seeds, many which I have wanted for a long time. Thanks for trading with me Christine. I hope you have a very merry Christmas with your loved ones.

o

Hello to all in Our Bloomin' Friends. Can you believe just one week until Christmas? Anyway, I am stopping in now to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful time with loved ones and if you are traveling, be patient and be safe.
Seems like there is still a lot to be done in this last week, but maybe I do it. LOL
Jeanne

o

April sends to Treasa (received)
Treasa sends to Rose (received)
Vina sends to Sue G (received)
Sue G sends to Melinda - (received)
Melinda sends to Christine - (received)
Christine sends to Sue N - (received)
Sue N sends to Shirley - (received)
Shirley sends to Annie - mailed
Annie sends to Frances - (received)
Frances sends to Maryanne - (received)
Maryanne sends to Carol
Carol sends to Remy - (received)
Remy sends to Faye - (received)
Faye sends to April - (received)

Sure hope Annie received her package....I need to find the delivery confirmation # and see if it arrived.

Annie- Hope you are ok. Please post when you can.

I'm so excited my DS stopped by Best Buy and bought me a new computer. We don't have a Best Buy here and that was where he recommended to get it. It is so small compared to the last one I had. I did not have to buy a new monitor or key board but it did come with a new keyboard. I told him this was a gift to me from me. NO MORE COMPUTER PROBLEMS>>>YEAH

Rose-Good you received the bulbs.

Maryanne-The church colonial festival sounds really good. Hope our Churches come up with something like that. How did your cookie party turn out?

Rose thanks for sending on time...no beating for me from Carol.....SHES MEAN

Off to see our childrens christmas pagent.

Shirley

o

Hi ALL!

Sue I'm so glad my box made it okay. My daughter picked out your ornament. She said everyone needs a little snow at Christmas :)

As for little snow. We have over 7 feet...and yes! it's snowing right now. Only a few inches today. But the mall parking lots are crazy! The snow piles are about 20 feet high. You can't see around them anywhere...so I have decided to steer clear for the next week. There were a couple of odds and ends I was going to pick up...but I think I'm done like a Christmas goose :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, KWANZAA AND HAPPY FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US! :)
Everyone be safe and warm and Happy 2011!
vina

o

Shirley,

Your box arrived last week but I was not home to open it....just got home today. A one night trip turned into several nights!

Thank you so much for your December surprise.....
Shirley sent me....

snowman windowpane ornament...darling
January notepad with snowmen
amaryllus red lion
toasted almond biscotti
candycane
chocolate mint nestles
skittles

A tank top and shorts last week and now...rain...rain..rain. How quickly things change. Flooding is a problem here. We certainly are not used to this kind of rain.

Thank you again Shirly. Merry Christmas to all!

Annie

o

last but not least...sorry carol but it's been hell around here. both son and g-daughter are sick. she ran a 103.9 fever for two straight days. vomiting everywhere and on everything, fever, cough, headache, dizziness, stomach ache, etc. now the fever has finally broke but her nose is raw. poor baby, she's so not herself. she's probably lost a pound or two having not eaten in almost a week. at least my son can take care of himself, she's a little helpless. it's terrible to be this sick. she's had a cold in all of her 4 years, but nothing like this. i just know once it passes them, i'll be down for the count.

can't believe christmas is in a few days. where did this last month go?

carol, your box was mailed today, i sure hope you get it before saturday.

vina, 7 feet? holy %$#@. as much as i love the cold and snow, i'm beginning to think in my old age i want some different weather. just where to live where all i experience is "sweater" weather, i don't know. i can always vacation in the cold/snow. my bones could not take 7 feet of snow, especially this early in the season.

shirley, the cookie exchange was fun. it was this hostess's first year doing it and she's a little confused to say the least, but in the end it all worked out. i'm sure if she continues the tradition, the defects will be ironed out. came home with 9 dozen cookies, so lots to share. i haven't even begun my baking, but i'm not fretting about it. if i don't get to it this week, i can do "new year" baking and i'm sure no one will complain.

i'm still trying to wrap my mind around 7 feet of snow.

remy, glad to hear the tree went up without too much of a hitch. i haven't even begun. the only thing out is my nativity scene, my granddaughter's miniature one and my great find from last year - a 5 foot santa. i have to do something quick and i'm thinking i'm going to just go buy a little tree, put some garland on it and call it a day. just so there's somewhere santa can put the gifts. i say that now, but i know in a few days, i'll be lugging up 18 bins full of decorations and ornaments. i need to clone me!

everyone's boxes were great, enjoyed reading about them.

who has january? do we have a theme? are we taking a break?

i wish each of you a very merry, peaceful and memorable christmas. keep all the soldiers and their families separated from each other this holiday season in your thoughts and prayers.

see ya next year :-)

maryanne

o

Hi all! Just thought I'd pop in and thank Shirley for the lovely and unexpected Christmas Card! It was very thoughtful and such a lovely surprise!

And yes...7 feet... we do have the most snowfall in the US but this year it's getting a little ridiculous. We have already beat all December past snowfalls on record and now if we get 7 more inches we will have the snowiest month ever on record. And the crazy part is people around here are rooting for 7 or more inches of snow before the 31. We are all nuts!! :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
vina

o

April sends to Treasa (received)
Treasa sends to Rose (received)
Vina sends to Sue G (received)
Sue G sends to Melinda - (received)
Melinda sends to Christine - (received)
Christine sends to Sue N - (received)
Sue N sends to Shirley - (received)
Shirley sends to Annie - (received)
Annie sends to Frances - (received)
Frances sends to Maryanne - (received)
Maryanne sends to Carol - mailed
Carol sends to Remy - (received)
Remy sends to Faye - (received)
Faye sends to April - (received)

Annie-Glad to hear your package got to you.

OK this month's swap is almost finished and we do need to line up our 2011 month swaps.

Please if anyone will take a month just post and tell which month you would like. If you don't know the theme yet that is ok.

JANUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH
APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER

I don't know where this month has gone but Christmas is almost here. I still have cards to mail....just way too much going on.

Maryanne - The cookie parties do get better with each year and new ideas. If I can find the picture I will post the mouse cookies made out of hershey kisses...so cute.

Shirley

o

I'll take December 2011. No theme in mind yet. LOL
Merry Christmas, everyone!
Jeanne

JANUARY
FEBRUARY
MARCH
APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER
DECEMBER - Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

o
RE: NEW: 2011 swap

Hi everyone

I would like to take January 2011. I have never hosted before, but I have participated in a few round robin exchanges and I think I can do it. Here is what I had in mind..

January's theme: For the Birds

Everyone would exchange a bird feeder, seeds that grow plants that provide seed food for the birds during the winter months and a recipe or two for your favorite homemade bird mix and maybe a bird item of your chosing...ie a 2011 bird calendar. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Sue

o

Maryanne just get you and that precious baby well. I will be happy with anything whenever just get well big hugs to you both and all my bloomin friends. carol

o

Photobucket
Maryanne here is the cute mouse cookie.

JANUARY - Sue N. (For the Birds)
FEBRUARY
MARCH
APRIL
MAY
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER

Sue N. - Please send Remy your contact info and she will send you a questionaire to fill out. Thanks for participating and taking a month.

I hope to get a list with members and their involvement with the group up to date soon. Some I never see on GW anymore.

Got to get busy...we are having our Christmas here today.

Shirley

o

I've never hosted an OBF before but I think I can give it a try. I don't think I could mess up too bad :) I'll take February 2011. No theme yet though.

Merry Christmas EVERYONE!
vina

o

Merry Christmas to all of you "oldies" AND to ALL of the "newbies."

As it has turned out, I guess I took the past year off. Hmmm...would like to participate again, if that is okay.

I would be happy to take the month of May-Flowers from the April Showers. My thought is to have a straight plant/bulb swap. Thoughts?

o

I think a bulb/perennial swap would be great. Good timing for that sort of thing. I think it's a wonderful thought. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sue N.

o

★MERRY*�˚� ★。 � ˛˚˛★* �。* �。★* �。★*˚
� 。* �。˛˚*� 。˚*�★*CHRISTMAS★ 。*˚� 。 � ˛˚*� 。˚*� �
� 。 � ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚� 。 � ˛˚*˚� � 。 � ˛˚*˚� � 。 � ˛˚
˚ ˛ ˛�˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ � 。� � ˛˚˚� 。 � ˛˚˛˚˚� 。 � ˛˚˛
˚ ˛˛ ˚ *|""|門| ˚˚˚� 。 � ˛˚˛˚* ♥ And a Happy New Year!

o
merry christmas

does anyone see the above message in the form it wsa supposed to be or do you see all gibberish? it looked good on preview...go figure.

maryellen, as if...if we will have you. are you kdding me? i took a hiatus as well and just came back this year and no one said go away.

well, it's 8:30, tree has lights, that's about it. manger is up. my granddaughter felt good enough to decorate her little tree and then puked all over. lucky me!

santa comes around with the fire department/police throughout the neighborhood. i'm on the other side of the town, so we are one of the last streets visited. i want to give her her nighttime meds to knock her out so i can wrap since that hasn't even been attempted and i'm thinking i should just forego santa and call it a day. just my luck she'll start to nod and the siren and whistles and bells will go off.

shirley, those mouse cookies are adorable. can i assume that's an oreo? i see cherry, hershey kiss, almonds and chips. is the red under the mouse just icing? they are too cute. i've made penguins out of olives and mice from radishes, never saw the sweets.

wishing everyone a blessed christmas.

maryanne

o

FEBRUARY - Vina
MARCH
APRIL
MAY - Mellen (Flowers from the April Showers)
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER

Hi Mellen-What a wonderful surprise seeing your post. We love you lady...WELCOME BACK
The plant/bulb swap for May sounds just right. Can't wait until Spring arrives.

Vina-Thanks for hosting the swap in Feb.

Maryanne-Yes you have all the items right for the mouse cookie. The red is just icing. They taste yummy too.
I planned on making them this year but got slack. I see gibberish on the above post.

Shirley

o

Sat, Dec 25, 10 at 9:59

Merry Christmas Everyone!

(someone here posted this a few years ago and I just loved it.)

Maryanne,
It is all full of gibberish. Sorry your grandbaby is still sick.

Mellen,
Welcome back! : )

I received a small Starbucks box in the mail with a package of coffee in it. The return Starbucks address was in Washington. So I'm assuming Carol had it sent. Thank you Carol!
Hope Santa was good to everyone!
Remy

o

Merry Christmas Ya'll!!!Hope everyone is safe & sound. Hard to belive we are having a WHITE Christmas here in GA!! Thought those days were over when I moved outta MI 4 years ago..LOL!!! Kids would be happier if they were allowed to go out. ALL 3 have really bad colds...seems we always catch something on the holidays!

later...April

o

Mellen, good to see you and Merry Christmas to everyone!
We had a wonderful Christmas here. They say it may snow this evening and into tomorrow. If so, South Carolina will be excited and wild, too, with those who don't know how to drive in winter weather! LOL
I didn't said anything before but I thought I should let you know. My older daughter is expecting triplets in the Spring! I doubt that I will be participating much here with OBF early in 2011. She lives all the way across the country and we have a baby shower to host there in January. I'm sure a few more trips will happen when the babies arrive - so I can see them and help out a bit. I think my 2011 will be off to a busy and expensive start - and oh, the hassle of airline security this days - what fun!
April, your snow showed up before ours. It is snowing in upstate SC. Maybe ours will show up soon, but I don't think we will get much. I just love to watch the snowflakes fall though. It's rare here and how special to have some snow on Christmas!
Jeanne

o

Photobucket

April & Jeanne we are getting snow also. Already 6-7 inches has accumulated here. It is so special on this Christmas day.

Jeanne - Whoa.....triplets....how special is that!!!! Congratulations Grandma.

Remy- I remember that cute cartoon...I love it.

Shirley

o

Mellen wish I had sent the coffee but it wasn't me. Maryanne I recieved your wonderful box friday, but have been running around like a headless turkey. I recieved two really lovely garden ornamrnts. one said I garden therefore I weed and a cute gardening hat with tools and seeds, a metroplitan museum of art gardeners diary. I love my box thankyou friend. hope I didn't miss anything haven't found my head yet. have a glorious new year big hugs
wiped out carol

o

Carol - I think Remy was the one who received the coffee. Hopefully things will settle down now. I'm looking forward to Spring but it brings these wise words to mind.

If you give up when its Winter you will miss the promise of your Spring, the beauty of your Summer and the fulfillment of your Fall.

This swap month is closed and we will look forward to Sue N taking over our January swap.

FEBRUARY - Vina
MARCH
APRIL
MAY - Mellen (Flowers from the April Showers)
JUNE
JULY
AUGUST
SEPTEMBER
OCTOBER
NOVEMBER

Sue N - You can post a new thread about our January swap when you like.

Do we have any others who would like to take a month in 2011?

Shirley

o

I'll host March. The Secret Garden.

o

i'd be happy to take a month but am not sure if the list is current? which months are still available?

o

I'd like to host a shade garden swap, "made in the shade," which i think would work well in april or perhaps june?

o
RE: re:NEW: obf december swap

I'd like to host a shade garden swap, "made in the shade," which i think would work well in april or perhaps june?

o

Rose, what a clever name idea! : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Round Robin Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here