Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

NEW: obf december swap

brittneysgran
13 years ago

Here's hoping all OBF members will join in this last swap of the year.

What you will send is a card, seeds and an ornament (homemade or store purchased.)

I know this month gets so busy and hectic we want to make it fun and not so stressful.

Postage should be reasonable also if we keep it light in weight.

Signs up will be until Friday Dec. 3rd. This will give everyone plenty of time to find an ornament and get it mailed.

Thanks ladies it has been a year that has flown by.

Rose and Faye...hope you will both join us this month.

Shirley

Comments (125)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

We had a wonderful trip with family until 1:30 this morning. I was woke up with someone saying a snow storm was about to hit and we shoulod get off the mountain,.We were snatching our things and throwing everything in the car. Interstate 40 was terrible and truckers have no mercy when they want to arrive at their destiny. We did make it to Waynesville()where my Son lives) and spent some sleep time here. Woke and the snow is gone so hope to get home in around an hour.

Glad to hear some have sent and others received their swap. Will be mailing mine tomorrow.

Maryanne - My cookie party was such fun. Every year they get better. We played a game that was hilarious. You named three things about yourself which two were true and the other a lie. We giggled and laughed the whoe time through it. You had to figure out which was the lie and the most correct guesses won. Of course the onament exchange is always the highlight of the evening. I had ladies crammed in my living room. 21 showed up for the eschange. Hope yours turns out just the way you planned.

Shirley

• luckyladyd
    13 years ago

Hi Everybody,

Just visiting and catching up. Looks like some great swaps are happening. Raining and made 59 degrees here today, so I got some bulbs lifted and set out to dry in the garage. Attended my granddaughter's 4th birthday party at Bounce U today. What a blast! The kids were nonstop happy and the place is amazing. DH was about to go down the BIG slide when they said our time was up (thanks be to God!). Remember, he's the one who did the bungy jump in New Zealand with my teenagers to be in "solidarity"! (I almost fainted just watching them!) I keep reminding him we are too old for this stuff (and for going up high on ladders!).

Hope everyone is well and happy and to all a happy holiday!

Dottie

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

You speak of snow and it was 91 degrees here yesterday...and should be 90 something today. I will welcome some WINTER, any WINTER!!! I am picking up my tree later on today and putting it up tonight. It just does not seem proper to be hanging lights and ornaments in shorts and a tank top.

Happy Monday!!

Annie

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all!
    I received my package from Rose today!!!!! :0)

In my box was:
    a gorgeous hand painted Christmas card!!!

2 beautiful snowman boxes

in 1 were seeds: fringed pinks, romanesco broccoli, borage, dianthus: king of the blacks, poor mans saffron (carthamus tinctorious) and candy climber

in the other snowman box was a exquisite (and I can't say that enough!!) handmade Christmas ornament. I think it was a gourd that has been dried and then ornately burned with a garden scene of iris' and dragonflies and turtles. It actually brought tears to my eyes that someone could take that much time to make me something with so much heart!!
    I can't thank you enough!!!

and if that wasn't enough I also received a bag of assorted chocolates (DH is on vaca this week and absconded with those the minute they hit the table :0)

AND....drum roll please......................I even received an IRIS a TB iris: Before the Storm. Which looks heavenly!!!

I can't thank you enough for such a thoughtful box of presents.(((((HUGE HUGS)))))) coming your way!!

vina

ps. Sue, I mailed out your box today. But I got so excited that my box had come that I left the DC number in the van. I'll post it when I venture back out into the tundra later today :0)

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

vina, i'm so glad you liked it. i figured the chances were pretty slim that you had an ornament with both turtles and irises LOL. you're lucky i sent it to you--i loved doing the turtles and might have to make another one for myself :)

i cannot take credit for the card-- i got that at a student art exhibit. isn't it adorable? i loved that plants in the foreground, so airy, and it was so gardeny and christmasy all at once.

my man ate an entire platter of peanut butter kiss cookies a coworker gave me. i have hidden the fudge. i figure it will come in handy if i need him to hang ornaments on the time of the tree again this year!

i hope the iris survives til spring. its sister is in a pot next to the greenhouse; i haven't gotten around to moving everyone inside yet. supposedly everything in the pot collection is hardy, so this should be a true test!

keep warm!

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Hi All,
    It is freezing here! But I went out and got Faye's pkg. on its way. DC# 0310 1230 0002 1025 4600.

Annie,
    I would gladly give you some of this cold!!

Shirley,
    Glad you had a great trip. Your exchange party sounds like fun. I go to one too, but it is much smaller.

Maryanne,
    It is so nice your neighborhood has a Christmas party. I've never lived in a neighborhood that did that. I did once live in a neighborhood in Buffalo that had a great summer block party.

Dottie,
    It sounds like your hubby is a lot of fun! Maybe not too safe, but a lot of fun!

We never go the tree up because Gary hurt his back, but tomorrow is his birthday and he has the day off. So hopefully he feels good enough to help me get everything down from the attic.
    Have a good night everyone,
    Remy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

April sends to Treasa
    Treasa sends to Rose
    Rose sends to Vina (received)
    Vina sends to Sue G
    Sue G sends to Melinda - mailed
    Melinda sends to Christine - mailed
    Christine sends to Sue N -
    Sue N sends to Shirley - received
    Shirley sends to Annie - mailed
    Annie sends to Frances - received
    Frances sends to Maryanne - received
    Maryanne sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Remy
    Remy sends to Faye - mailed
    Faye sends to April - received

Nice to see Christmas packages are arriving.

I have had a terrible time signing onto GW also. I borrowed Brittney's computer again. I have got to buy me a new computer this week.

Sue N - What a wonderful box I received from you. I just kept pulling surprises out of that box. You went way beyond what you had to send and I LOVE IT ALL.

Cappuccino
    Red Christmas Socks
    Coconut Twist Body Lotion
    Christmas Stationery and envelopes
    Snowman ornament love this little fellow
    Truffles YUM
    Gray Gloves, Black Gloves
    Gingerbread Tea Can't wait to try this
    Gingerbread Cookie Cutter
    3 piece white snowflake towel set...JUST BEAUTIFUL
    Seeds:
    Ca. Giant Zinnas
    Confectionary Sunflwoer
    Cosmos Sea Shells
    Scarlet Runner Beans
    Blue Nil Japanese Morning Glory
    Red/Black Poppy

I definetely received Christmas today. Thank you Sue N for a very nice box.

Annie your box is on its way. I would post the DC# but it is in the car and it's 14 degrees out there....BRRRRRRR
    I'm coming to see you for a couple of months and enjoy those warm temps.

Shirley

• earthlydelights
    13 years ago

Hey everyone. A bunch of great boxes being received.

We have the freezing cold as well. Had some flurries today, but nothing of significance. I love the cold, but this is more than I want, especially since I pay the heat bill. I would love a fireplace. It would roar morning, noon and night!!!!! I remember years ago looking at a house in Elmira, NY that had 5!!!!! fireplaces. WOW. The house was so gorgeous and sometimes I kick myself in the butt for never buying it. Oh well.

The firehouse christmas party was cute. they had a magician and seriously, I think some of the tricks go over the little kids' heads. then he pulled the rabbit out of his hat and that of course was what really got them! Santa came, pictures were taken with him, cards drawn/written to the troops, and then we could go into the firehouse and the kids could climb in and out of the various trucks/engines, etc. all in all, a nice afternoon.

Then in the evening, we went to this wonderful event. It was held at a neighboring church. I will make it a point to make this an annual event, that's how wonderful it was. they had this colonial thing going on. people all dressed in period garb, instruments and music, colonial dancing, crafts. there was a silversmith who was just so filled with knowledge and boy oh boy, you should have seen some of those pieces. father christmas was there and again we could get pictures, there was a quilt room, with quilts dating back to 1897 and a woman, again dressed in period costume, with a spinning wheel, giving demos. they had a room set up with crafts. as you entered the room, they gave the kids a brown bag/sack that you put your name on. at that location, you could choose the first item to put in your bag. then you went table to table and made the crafts. all of them christmas related. angels, snowman, reindeer ornaments, mangerm wreath, beaded things, felts things, construction paper things. this was so organized, i was taking mental notes to bring back to my own church. there were cookies and the best sweet cider i have ever tasted at all different locations. they ran three different skits and the best of all was the live manager scene. it was magnificient, starting out with joseph and mary heading towards the stable on the donkey. the angels appeared, the shepherds were in the field tending the sheep (and goats LOLOLOL - they told me they take whatever the farm(er) brings. then the wisemen came bearing gifts. there was this beautiful music, the lighted stars shining and there was this wonderful goosebumpy feeling in the whole audience, even though we were outside with traffic and sounds and whatnot. afterwards, they announced that if you wished, you could enter the stable. my granddaughter was the first one and was there for quite a bit before anyone else entered. i never saw her so still, so quiet. i do believe the spirit touched her!!!!!!! another wonderful "adventure" with my granddaughter.

remy, sorry to hear gary isn't feeling well. hope he is better for his birthday and that you guys accomplish the tree.

annie - 91?????? i'd be complaining on that. i do remember a few years back though the weather was such that people here were out buying christmas trees in shorts and shirtsleeves. didn't seem right at all.

shirley, my cookie exchange is this weekend. i am working on the containers to put my cookies in. how do you all do it? do they come wrapped ahead of time? we are doing this whole thing a little strange from what i am used to, but the woman hosting it isn't always all there anyway. i'm sure it will be a great day. i did suggest the ornament exchange, but since she didn't suggest it, it won't happen.

dottie, party sounds fun. i'd be one on that slide too. no amusement rides for me, but i'll take a slide anyday.

rose, what talent!!!!!! i love homemade stuff (hint, hint, hint).

vina, you had significant snow already or did i miss something? i know parts of the mid-west just got slammed. i used to spend a good deal of time not too far from your neck of the woods, and once, my neice and i were snowbound and when we were finally able to get out the next day, once we went through the allentown tunnel, you'd a thought we were on a different planet. no signs of any ill weather.

anyone ever watch that show horders? oh my goodness. i thought i was bad, but at least all my crap is in bins in the basement!!!!!!! we just got cable tv, it's actually direct tv, i guess it's the same as cable. i am loving some of these shows. my son will sit and watch hours and hours of movies, i'll take the border wars, cake boss, food challenge type of shows. i was seeing something called american restoration, but it's gone already. i do love american pickers. i need to learn from them and sell or get rid of my picks!!!!!

well, that's as long winded as i can get tonight. stay warm everyone. although annie, you need to stay cool!!!!!

maryanne

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Morning!

Just popping in th let Treasa know that her box went out yesterday. DC# 9101 1288 8230 0463 9244 47

Stay warm...it's a balmy 23 here today!!

later...April

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

A BIG Thank You goes to Sguanzon! I rec'd my box and love the Santa ornament! Just the type that fits right in with the others I have! Wooden with star!
    Also a lovely card and tons of great seeds! Will definitely be wintersowing these! Thanks so very much. I am very pleased with my box!
    Melinda

• Melinda Hagen
    13 years ago

I do know that Christine got her box. She emailed and said she got it. That was about all. But, she hasn't posted on here or offered any other thoughts about it. Melinda

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

maryanne, we heat with wood-- have a fireplace in the living room and a woodburner in the kitchen, and will be adding another woodburner to the study/library. i both love and hate it. when the fire is going it's reasonably warm, but with temps in the low teens it takes a long time to heat up the place. my first thought though when i saw 5 fireplaces was "omg think of the dirt!" my house is ALWAYS dusty and everything smells like fire. i am not a very compulsive person so the layer of dust constantly on everything doesn't really bother me, but i will NEVER have my grandmother over LOL. oh, and ill make sure to include a gourd goodie if we're ever partners- do you have long hair or pierced ears?

gw couldn't pick a more inconvenient time to be moody; i'm sure so many people are itching to get on and thank everyone for their generosity :)

• uptreasa
    13 years ago

Rose, your box went out yesterday. Hope you like it.

Did someone say snow? We are one of the areas with lots of it.

Maryanne, a couple years ago, our church held a Biblical street of shops event at this time. That was fun. My hubby tended a weavers shop (we do hobby weave), and I put together an herb shop, with everything I could use for props and decor, and lots of herbs, especially those from that time. The community came out to see all the various "shops".

Some nice boxes I see.

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Geeze some of the boxes sound big. I sent a small one : ( I sure hope you like the ornament I picked out Faye.

Carol,
    I got the wonderful surprise! I sent you an email.

Maryanne,
    We got the tree up!
    I love Hoarders! I love Intervention too. Those shows make me feel like I really got it together, lol. My favorite show though is 'I Survived'. The stories people tell are just absolutely amazing.

Rose,
    We use the wood burning stove a lot in winter. I too am used to the dust, and am thankful my grandmother doesn't come over, lol.

Treasa,
    I'm sure you got some good snow out your way! The biblical street of shops sounds like fun.
    Have a goodnight everyone,
    Remy

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Hi, rose, the box you sent sounds great, so you are off to a good start, darn and I was so looking forward to beating Shirley. welcome to the group Remy your box went out yesterday conf #03082690000186284584. sounds like you got the first half, glad you liked it. it's hard to send seeds to someone who sells seeds. hope the 20 yr old seeds I sent are liked by you. Merry Christmas and big hugs to all my bloomin friends

• sguanzon
    13 years ago

I received my packed box from Vina yesteray and it was spectacular!

I received:

A snowflake ornament
    Seed baggies (much appreciated!)
    A carrot garden stake (cute!)
    A Santa magnet and magnetic note pad (I use these a lot!)
    Raspberry thin mints (yummy!)
    A butterfly 16 month desk calendar (perfect I needed one!)
    Mucho seeds in a festive felt bag (many of most wanted!)

I love everything - thanks so much!

Sue G.

• nottougly
    13 years ago

I received my box today from Remy.
    There was a beautiful snowflake ornament and 2 holiday candles. I really love the ornament.
    She also send these seeds which is really appreciated.
    blue clematis
    amaranthus
    cali bluebell
    gaura
    foxglove nigella
    moss verbena
    dragon flower
    black eye susan vine.
    Thank you so much.
    This Christmas is a good one thanks to
    all the garden web members.
    Faye!

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Faye,
    I'm so glad you love the ornament! I hemmed and hawed over which one to buy you being you are new, and I don't know your personality yet. I know I stuck to the program, but now I feel like I should of done more being my partner went way overboard on me! So I think I owe you some plants come spring : )

Carol! Thank you so much for the box. You though were not suppose to do so much!! She sent me:
    a bunch of lip glosses
    a mug with cocoa
    a snowman figurine
    a very pretty ceramic birdhouse
    and a bunch of chocolate!!! (I've already eaten a few of the almond toffee ones, so yummy!)
    On top of all this she sent me a gift certificate for seeds from Nichols Gardens which came yesterday!!!!
    Thank you so much for being so good to me,
    Remy

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

Shirley- i got my bulbs yesterday-- thank you so much :)
    Treasa thanks for the heads up- i am keeping an eye out for it :D

• uptreasa
    13 years ago

I received my box from April. As soon as we got back from ringing the Salvation Army bell for a couple hours, I had the hot chocolate April sent me. : ) Also in the box was a darling snowman ornament. Very cute!!!! Some chocolates, a notepad, tissues, and some seeds. Proboscidea louisianica, California poppies, Balloon flower, and some blue Snapdragon vine. Thank you very much, April!

Hope everyone has had a great day!! Been busy here.

Treasa

• nottougly
    13 years ago

Remy,
    I loved everything you sent. I am very happy with it. My husband was impressed also. And that is rare.
    Now I will know what to do for next years. I think maybe I did not send enough. But I will know next year.
    Again thank you so much for all the goodies.
    The snowflake ornament was right on for me. It is perfect.
    Thanks,
    Faye!

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

woo-hoo! treasa, i got my box today- thank you so much! i got a set of tiny glass ornaments, a cute ball with greenery and bows and a matching mailbox stuffed with pine and berries and presents, both of which go very well with my coffee table centerpiece display, an adorable frame with a snowman, perfect for the latest basketball portrait, a ginormous bottle of coco butter lotion, which is already coming in handy, and i hit the seed lottery jackpot! summer sundae scabiosa, agrostemma, grandpa ott morning glory, more morning glories, cosmos, citrus cocktail calendula, cleome, foxglove, zinnia, yellow cali poppies, baby's breath, and court jester mums, which i have eyed many times in catalogs. thank you so much for your generosity!! i cn't wit for spring :)

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Many thanks to Christine, my partner. She sent me a nice package that included a lovely Christmas card, an interesting candle with shells and sand inside, a butterfly cross stitch craft kit, two types of yarn, oil of olay and a generous assortment of great garden seeds, many which I have wanted for a long time. Thanks for trading with me Christine. I hope you have a very merry Christmas with your loved ones.

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Hello to all in Our Bloomin' Friends. Can you believe just one week until Christmas? Anyway, I am stopping in now to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas. Have a wonderful time with loved ones and if you are traveling, be patient and be safe.
    Seems like there is still a lot to be done in this last week, but maybe I do it. LOL
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

April sends to Treasa (received)
    Treasa sends to Rose (received)
    Vina sends to Sue G (received)
    Sue G sends to Melinda - (received)
    Melinda sends to Christine - (received)
    Christine sends to Sue N - (received)
    Sue N sends to Shirley - (received)
    Shirley sends to Annie - mailed
    Annie sends to Frances - (received)
    Frances sends to Maryanne - (received)
    Maryanne sends to Carol
    Carol sends to Remy - (received)
    Remy sends to Faye - (received)
    Faye sends to April - (received)

Sure hope Annie received her package....I need to find the delivery confirmation # and see if it arrived.

Annie- Hope you are ok. Please post when you can.

I'm so excited my DS stopped by Best Buy and bought me a new computer. We don't have a Best Buy here and that was where he recommended to get it. It is so small compared to the last one I had. I did not have to buy a new monitor or key board but it did come with a new keyboard. I told him this was a gift to me from me. NO MORE COMPUTER PROBLEMS>>>YEAH

Rose-Good you received the bulbs.

Maryanne-The church colonial festival sounds really good. Hope our Churches come up with something like that. How did your cookie party turn out?

Rose thanks for sending on time...no beating for me from Carol.....SHES MEAN

Off to see our childrens christmas pagent.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi ALL!

Sue I'm so glad my box made it okay. My daughter picked out your ornament. She said everyone needs a little snow at Christmas :)

As for little snow. We have over 7 feet...and yes! it's snowing right now. Only a few inches today. But the mall parking lots are crazy! The snow piles are about 20 feet high. You can't see around them anywhere...so I have decided to steer clear for the next week. There were a couple of odds and ends I was going to pick up...but I think I'm done like a Christmas goose :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, KWANZAA AND HAPPY FESTIVUS FOR THE REST OF US! :)
    Everyone be safe and warm and Happy 2011!
    vina

• canyonwind
    13 years ago

Shirley,

Your box arrived last week but I was not home to open it....just got home today. A one night trip turned into several nights!

Thank you so much for your December surprise.....
    Shirley sent me....

snowman windowpane ornament...darling
    January notepad with snowmen
    amaryllus red lion
    toasted almond biscotti
    candycane
    chocolate mint nestles
    skittles

A tank top and shorts last week and now...rain...rain..rain. How quickly things change. Flooding is a problem here. We certainly are not used to this kind of rain.

Thank you again Shirly. Merry Christmas to all!

Annie

• earthlydelights
    13 years ago

last but not least...sorry carol but it's been hell around here. both son and g-daughter are sick. she ran a 103.9 fever for two straight days. vomiting everywhere and on everything, fever, cough, headache, dizziness, stomach ache, etc. now the fever has finally broke but her nose is raw. poor baby, she's so not herself. she's probably lost a pound or two having not eaten in almost a week. at least my son can take care of himself, she's a little helpless. it's terrible to be this sick. she's had a cold in all of her 4 years, but nothing like this. i just know once it passes them, i'll be down for the count.

can't believe christmas is in a few days. where did this last month go?

carol, your box was mailed today, i sure hope you get it before saturday.

vina, 7 feet? holy %$#@. as much as i love the cold and snow, i'm beginning to think in my old age i want some different weather. just where to live where all i experience is "sweater" weather, i don't know. i can always vacation in the cold/snow. my bones could not take 7 feet of snow, especially this early in the season.

shirley, the cookie exchange was fun. it was this hostess's first year doing it and she's a little confused to say the least, but in the end it all worked out. i'm sure if she continues the tradition, the defects will be ironed out. came home with 9 dozen cookies, so lots to share. i haven't even begun my baking, but i'm not fretting about it. if i don't get to it this week, i can do "new year" baking and i'm sure no one will complain.

i'm still trying to wrap my mind around 7 feet of snow.

remy, glad to hear the tree went up without too much of a hitch. i haven't even begun. the only thing out is my nativity scene, my granddaughter's miniature one and my great find from last year - a 5 foot santa. i have to do something quick and i'm thinking i'm going to just go buy a little tree, put some garland on it and call it a day. just so there's somewhere santa can put the gifts. i say that now, but i know in a few days, i'll be lugging up 18 bins full of decorations and ornaments. i need to clone me!

everyone's boxes were great, enjoyed reading about them.

who has january? do we have a theme? are we taking a break?

i wish each of you a very merry, peaceful and memorable christmas. keep all the soldiers and their families separated from each other this holiday season in your thoughts and prayers.

see ya next year :-)

maryanne

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

Hi all! Just thought I'd pop in and thank Shirley for the lovely and unexpected Christmas Card! It was very thoughtful and such a lovely surprise!

And yes...7 feet... we do have the most snowfall in the US but this year it's getting a little ridiculous. We have already beat all December past snowfalls on record and now if we get 7 more inches we will have the snowiest month ever on record. And the crazy part is people around here are rooting for 7 or more inches of snow before the 31. We are all nuts!! :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!!
    vina

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

April sends to Treasa (received)
    Treasa sends to Rose (received)
    Vina sends to Sue G (received)
    Sue G sends to Melinda - (received)
    Melinda sends to Christine - (received)
    Christine sends to Sue N - (received)
    Sue N sends to Shirley - (received)
    Shirley sends to Annie - (received)
    Annie sends to Frances - (received)
    Frances sends to Maryanne - (received)
    Maryanne sends to Carol - mailed
    Carol sends to Remy - (received)
    Remy sends to Faye - (received)
    Faye sends to April - (received)

Annie-Glad to hear your package got to you.

OK this month's swap is almost finished and we do need to line up our 2011 month swaps.

Please if anyone will take a month just post and tell which month you would like. If you don't know the theme yet that is ok.

JANUARY
    FEBRUARY
    MARCH
    APRIL
    MAY
    JUNE
    JULY
    AUGUST
    SEPTEMBER
    OCTOBER
    NOVEMBER
    DECEMBER

I don't know where this month has gone but Christmas is almost here. I still have cards to mail....just way too much going on.

Maryanne - The cookie parties do get better with each year and new ideas. If I can find the picture I will post the mouse cookies made out of hershey kisses...so cute.

Shirley

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I'll take December 2011. No theme in mind yet. LOL
    Merry Christmas, everyone!
    Jeanne

JANUARY
    FEBRUARY
    MARCH
    APRIL
    MAY
    JUNE
    JULY
    AUGUST
    SEPTEMBER
    OCTOBER
    NOVEMBER
    DECEMBER - Jeanne (sandlapper_rose)

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

Hi everyone

I would like to take January 2011. I have never hosted before, but I have participated in a few round robin exchanges and I think I can do it. Here is what I had in mind..

January's theme: For the Birds

Everyone would exchange a bird feeder, seeds that grow plants that provide seed food for the birds during the winter months and a recipe or two for your favorite homemade bird mix and maybe a bird item of your chosing...ie a 2011 bird calendar. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Sue

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Maryanne just get you and that precious baby well. I will be happy with anything whenever just get well big hugs to you both and all my bloomin friends. carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Maryanne here is the cute mouse cookie.

JANUARY - Sue N. (For the Birds)
    FEBRUARY
    MARCH
    APRIL
    MAY
    JUNE
    JULY
    AUGUST
    SEPTEMBER
    OCTOBER
    NOVEMBER

Sue N. - Please send Remy your contact info and she will send you a questionaire to fill out. Thanks for participating and taking a month.

I hope to get a list with members and their involvement with the group up to date soon. Some I never see on GW anymore.

Got to get busy...we are having our Christmas here today.

Shirley

• flowergirl34
    13 years ago

I've never hosted an OBF before but I think I can give it a try. I don't think I could mess up too bad :) I'll take February 2011. No theme yet though.

Merry Christmas EVERYONE!
    vina

• mellen
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas to all of you "oldies" AND to ALL of the "newbies."

As it has turned out, I guess I took the past year off. Hmmm...would like to participate again, if that is okay.

I would be happy to take the month of May-Flowers from the April Showers. My thought is to have a straight plant/bulb swap. Thoughts?

• suegardens2
    13 years ago

I think a bulb/perennial swap would be great. Good timing for that sort of thing. I think it's a wonderful thought. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sue N.

• earthlydelights
    13 years ago

★MERRY*˚ ★。 ˛˚˛★* 。* 。★* 。★*˚
    。* 。˛˚* 。˚*★*CHRISTMAS★ 。*˚ 。 ˛˚* 。˚*
    。 ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚ 。 ˛˚*˚ 。 ˛˚*˚ 。 ˛˚
    ˚ ˛ ˛˚ */______/~。˚ ˚ 。 ˛˚˚ 。 ˛˚˛˚˚ 。 ˛˚˛
    ˚ ˛˛ ˚ *°ç"°ï½ÂéÂÂï½ ÃÂÃÂÃÂ� ã � ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ* âÂÂ¥ And a Happy New Year!

• earthlydelights
    13 years ago

does anyone see the above message in the form it wsa supposed to be or do you see all gibberish? it looked good on preview...go figure.

maryellen, as if...if we will have you. are you kdding me? i took a hiatus as well and just came back this year and no one said go away.

well, it's 8:30, tree has lights, that's about it. manger is up. my granddaughter felt good enough to decorate her little tree and then puked all over. lucky me!

santa comes around with the fire department/police throughout the neighborhood. i'm on the other side of the town, so we are one of the last streets visited. i want to give her her nighttime meds to knock her out so i can wrap since that hasn't even been attempted and i'm thinking i should just forego santa and call it a day. just my luck she'll start to nod and the siren and whistles and bells will go off.

shirley, those mouse cookies are adorable. can i assume that's an oreo? i see cherry, hershey kiss, almonds and chips. is the red under the mouse just icing? they are too cute. i've made penguins out of olives and mice from radishes, never saw the sweets.

wishing everyone a blessed christmas.

maryanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

FEBRUARY - Vina
    MARCH
    APRIL
    MAY - Mellen (Flowers from the April Showers)
    JUNE
    JULY
    AUGUST
    SEPTEMBER
    OCTOBER
    NOVEMBER

Hi Mellen-What a wonderful surprise seeing your post. We love you lady...WELCOME BACK
    The plant/bulb swap for May sounds just right. Can't wait until Spring arrives.

Vina-Thanks for hosting the swap in Feb.

Maryanne-Yes you have all the items right for the mouse cookie. The red is just icing. They taste yummy too.
    I planned on making them this year but got slack. I see gibberish on the above post.

Shirley

• remy_gw
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas Everyone!

(someone here posted this a few years ago and I just loved it.)

Maryanne,
    It is all full of gibberish. Sorry your grandbaby is still sick.

Mellen,
    Welcome back! : )

I received a small Starbucks box in the mail with a package of coffee in it. The return Starbucks address was in Washington. So I'm assuming Carol had it sent. Thank you Carol!
    Hope Santa was good to everyone!
    Remy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    13 years ago

Merry Christmas Ya'll!!!Hope everyone is safe & sound. Hard to belive we are having a WHITE Christmas here in GA!! Thought those days were over when I moved outta MI 4 years ago..LOL!!! Kids would be happier if they were allowed to go out. ALL 3 have really bad colds...seems we always catch something on the holidays!

later...April

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Mellen, good to see you and Merry Christmas to everyone!
    We had a wonderful Christmas here. They say it may snow this evening and into tomorrow. If so, South Carolina will be excited and wild, too, with those who don't know how to drive in winter weather! LOL
    I didn't said anything before but I thought I should let you know. My older daughter is expecting triplets in the Spring! I doubt that I will be participating much here with OBF early in 2011. She lives all the way across the country and we have a baby shower to host there in January. I'm sure a few more trips will happen when the babies arrive - so I can see them and help out a bit. I think my 2011 will be off to a busy and expensive start - and oh, the hassle of airline security this days - what fun!
    April, your snow showed up before ours. It is snowing in upstate SC. Maybe ours will show up soon, but I don't think we will get much. I just love to watch the snowflakes fall though. It's rare here and how special to have some snow on Christmas!
    Jeanne

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

April & Jeanne we are getting snow also. Already 6-7 inches has accumulated here. It is so special on this Christmas day.

Jeanne - Whoa.....triplets....how special is that!!!! Congratulations Grandma.

Remy- I remember that cute cartoon...I love it.

Shirley

• veeja11
    13 years ago

Mellen wish I had sent the coffee but it wasn't me. Maryanne I recieved your wonderful box friday, but have been running around like a headless turkey. I recieved two really lovely garden ornamrnts. one said I garden therefore I weed and a cute gardening hat with tools and seeds, a metroplitan museum of art gardeners diary. I love my box thankyou friend. hope I didn't miss anything haven't found my head yet. have a glorious new year big hugs
    wiped out carol

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Carol - I think Remy was the one who received the coffee. Hopefully things will settle down now. I'm looking forward to Spring but it brings these wise words to mind.

If you give up when its Winter you will miss the promise of your Spring, the beauty of your Summer and the fulfillment of your Fall.

This swap month is closed and we will look forward to Sue N taking over our January swap.

FEBRUARY - Vina
    MARCH
    APRIL
    MAY - Mellen (Flowers from the April Showers)
    JUNE
    JULY
    AUGUST
    SEPTEMBER
    OCTOBER
    NOVEMBER

Sue N - You can post a new thread about our January swap when you like.

Do we have any others who would like to take a month in 2011?

Shirley

• uptreasa
    13 years ago

I'll host March. The Secret Garden.

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

i'd be happy to take a month but am not sure if the list is current? which months are still available?

• rosemctier
    13 years ago

I'd like to host a shade garden swap, "made in the shade," which i think would work well in april or perhaps june?

• uptreasa
    13 years ago

Rose, what a clever name idea! : )