Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pattygrow5

NEW: 3rd annual whats left on my want list swap

pattygrow5
16 years ago

Here I am it's that time again. We all have want lists of those elusive seeds this is a swap to try to empty those lists. here are the rules in this swap

first we all sign-up I will take sign-ups until December 1st

then you have to update your want list

then when the sign-ups are over you can check everyones lists only seeds that are on peoples want lists are to be sent if possible to make it easier for me mark who the seeds are for

then you can send the seeds to me I will get them back within a week of getting the last persons seeds the deadline for sending will be the 15th of December.This was great last year we all seem to get a lot of our wants.

As soon as I get your sign-up I will e-mail you .

Hoping to hear from all of you.

Patty

Comments (109)

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Patty,Thanks! :)
    I would love to still send the seeds I have packed up for Louise and a little extra postage,maybe some of us can pitch in and send her what we intended to anyway?I think it would be great to send her something nice before the holidays and bring her spirits up? Anybody else with me on this?~Angie

• threas
    16 years ago

Definitely count me in ,Angie! I was going to send chelty2 some seeds anyway.
    Theresa

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Patty is all of this ok with you?I should have asked before I suggested,I'm sorry.:) I was thinking if everyone just sent what they were going to send and an extra stamp,Patty would be covered for postage and keep the rest as a little gift from all of us,anybody have a better idea on how to do this?If so post it so we can figure something out that will work smoothly for Patty.:)
    I have also added to my want list,chemocurl started a thread at seed exchange's conversation side for Sweet Peas and got me hooked...lol!So now there is a new 'catergory'on my list! :) This I think is more addicting than trading...lol!
    I am now at 63 packs,with more to go,I am very shocked at how many wants I actually can fulfill! I am doing my best to make sure I am as accurate as I can be with the seeds I am sending so I am hoping everyone will be happy with them,:).I cannot wait to send,it's become more about how many people I can send something they want, than about how many of my wants get filled...lol.This is such a great idea for a swap I think this is something I would love to do every year! :)Thanks again to all of you!~Angie :)

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Angie - I think sending a little extra postage to the host is a great idea - this has got to be such a tremendous amount of work, and running out to the post office every time an envelope needs a little extra would be challenging! I think I am at 100 or so packs now, which surprises me as I did not think I would be growing so many things other people would want, but that is what makes this swap so much fun - knowing someone really wants the seeds you are sending and will put them to good use. thehills

• pnwjoy54
    16 years ago

Hi everyone.
    Sorry, I haven't been around. Looks like I've been missing a lot of fun. Things have been hopping around here. I'll be around more now sense things have settled down again.

I have been going through everyone's lists today.
    I have so much from all your lists. Something for everyone.
    I've filled up 15 pages in Word from seeds I have from all your lists. Couldn't believe I had so much. LOL
    Now I just need to get them bagged up. Good thing I still have lots of time.:-)

Angie, I love your idea of sending chelty2's seeds to her anyway. I have quite a few from her list that I want her to have. I'll send in extra postage too if Patty wouldn't mind sending it off to her for us.

Joy (pnwjoy)

• kilngod
    16 years ago

I've done a little updating too. Was planning on sending Chelty's seeds anyway as well - have them ready already.

Any new folks want to sign up? I've got more seeds!

--Tina

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone yes I agree with sending Chelty her seeds I was going to send hers anyways so everyone who is willing just send them and I will make sure she gets them extra postage isn't neccesary I plan on posting a new post to see if anyone else wants to sign-up I will tell them to post on this thread if they don't I will copy paste and put it in here. Saturday is last day to join so we will give them to the end of day so we can start sending Sunday thanks you are a great group of swappers Patty

• esiuol
    16 years ago

Hi Everyone,
    My 'want' list is updated. If you see something that you would like from my seed list, email me and I will send it along for the swap. Don't be shy...I have seeds coming out of my ears!!
    Thanks,
    Louise

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Ok! Please dont think I am a greedy girl....but I have updated again and made a promise to myself to do no more plant browsing until after the deadline...lol!:)

• pnwjoy54
    16 years ago

LOL Angie,
    Please don't feel like you're being greedy. If that's what makes us greedy, I've got to be the greediest here cause my want list is ridiculously long. LOL
    The larger your list, the better we can all fill your wants.
    I love it when I see I have something someone is wanting. And I'll be tickled if I can send everyone in this swap a large assortment from their want list. So please, keep browsing and adding to your lists.:-)

Joy (pnwjoy)

• momcat
    16 years ago

Hi Patty,
    I think I'm going to have to drop out of this swap. I've got so much going on right now, I really don't have the time to go through seed lists. This sounds like it will be a great swap. Maybe if you have another, sometime next year, things will have settled down for me.

Deb

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Hi all, I have been rechecking wish lists as they are posted updated, and happily finding new things I can pass on. It would great if updates could be put at the top of our trade lists so we can quickly see what other seeds we may have to offer, I just put a "NEW ADDITIONS" section at the top of mine to speed things up for everyone re-checking. Thanks so much, and keep posting updates, it's stil fun!

• aaaccc
    16 years ago

Hi Patty,
    Please sign me up also.
    Thanks,
    Alice

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Ok,I said I wasnt going to and I did.....I updated...AGAIN!:)

• dulcigarden
    16 years ago

Patty please sign me in, updated my list last night.

• strmywthr3
    16 years ago

Ok, I think I've got my last update done. I just need to go back thru everyone's list and get my package together.

this is going to be a great swap!
    barbi

• rbrady
    16 years ago

Ok, I've been thinking about joining this swap for a couple of weeks, so sign me up! I can resist no longer!

Thanks!

Rhonda

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

I have made a small update in my wants list! :)
    Now I'm going to RE double check everyones lists, lol.

• pnwjoy54
    16 years ago

What fun! New people, new lists and I found more seeds to add. Now I'm going back over everyone's lists so I can hopefully find some more.

I added a few things to the top of my list as well.

Joy

• stage_rat
    16 years ago

I think these are the only things I added on that last update, just so people don't have to look again:

Yellow yarrow
    Blue forget-me nots (perennial)--I'd love a lot of it
    Digitalis: any except purpurea, which is the "normal" foxglove, and D. lutea.

esiuol, I am emailing you!

• goozylucy
    16 years ago

Well I am a newbie (only a couple months of experience here) but I have decided to try to do this. So sign me up. I may need some guidance as to how to do this but I figure you guys are willing to help me so I won't be too bad at it LOL. I'll update my want list later on tonight after my neices go home.

Michelle

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

WOO-HOO!First Soris,now Michelle,glad you made the deadline.Everyone, Michelle & Soris(dulcigarden)are awesome new traders and great people,this is getiing really good at the tail end! I LOVE IT!:) Thanks again everyone this is probably the most fun I have had in a while and it has really lifted my spirits! And although I am completely exhausted from packing seeds, I do it with a big fat smile on my face! It feels so good to know that I am sending out seeds to such nice people and that it will really make someones day if I send them something they really want!I could do this every other month....Patty?....lol...JK:)

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi everyone at midnight I will post the final list that way if we have any last minute editions I can include them.
    And dulcigarden please e-mail me directly I need your e-mail address.Thanks all.
    Patty

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

If it isn't too late, I would love to sign up. Please email me and let me know. Thanks Ibartoo

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Linda too! Yippee! Fyi,I have been listing my updates at the bottom of the page,I only added Barnsley Baby Mallow to the first part! :) I wonder if we will get any more sign ups before Midnight!? :)

• thehills2
    16 years ago

I am hoping more people join before midnight, have envies done up for all the new joiners, and still finding a few more for some posting new additions! thehills2

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Some of you new girls have to add some more to your lists one of you (not saying who) I can give you just about every seed on your list you need more wants!!! Patty

• JoyceKy1
    16 years ago

Ok.Me too. I will have to update my want list as it is old.
    Pauletta

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I've added a few wants to my list tonight.

Ginger

• goozylucy
    16 years ago

I'm working on my wants list to make it bigger. Hopefully can have it done by tomorrow night. I'm going through my catalogs now :)

Michelle

• maricybele
    16 years ago

Ok, I would like to do this also... Thanks, Hope I make it

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OK everyone here is the updated list and should be final list
    1-pattygrow5
    2-threas
    3-strmywthr3
    4-pnwjoy
    5-threeshyacres
    6-micyrey
    7-lisam627
    8-agirlsgirl
    9-ggwrn
    10-esiuol
    11-sandygardens
    12-poisondartfrog
    13-sguanzon
    14-kal2002
    15-thehills2
    16-stagerat
    17-kilngod
    18-flowerpowernc
    19-cottageflowers
    20-sunsetin
    21-moonphase
    22-kalena67
    23-patrob
    24-aaaccc
    25-dulcigarden
    26-rbrady
    27-goozylucy
    28-ibartoo
    29-joyceky1
    30-maricybele
    There are 30 of us I took Cheltys name off of the list those of you who still would like to send her seeds can send them and I will forward them to her so we all can get down and dirty checking the lists now a few people are still adding things lets try to get all updating done by tomorrow night. I think I might even add some more in the morning. Enjoy and welcome everyone.
    Patty

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

I couldn't resist updating just one more time. I'll double check everyone's lists over the next couple days and hopefully get my seeds in the mail to Patty on Wednesday.

Ginger

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I just did my final update and got an e-mail from pumkingal asking to join I told her to hurry and post so you could all see her lists.
    I have seeds everywhere packaging them up and I didn't even start getting all of your seeds to start separating to envies yet and I wonder why my husband calls me 'crazy seed lady'LOL
    Patty

• goozylucy
    16 years ago

Ok I have now finished updated my wants list. I feel awfully greedy tho :)

So now I'm ready to go

Michelle

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

Ok! I have done a final update!A Big One...lol...Boy ,do I have big dreams...lol! I feel like a kid making a list for Santa,:).
    ~Angie ;)

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Hello I too have posted my list and thank you so much for letting me in on this, it is my first time in 2 years I have got in one, thank you Patty soooo much. I do not know how this all works please write me ok, Lisa-pumkingal

• maricybele
    16 years ago

I couldn't find sunsetin on find members. Is there an underscore somewhere?

Thanks.

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

maricybele if you go up further on this thread where each person joined you can click on her name to get to her trade list the easiest way to check the lists is to start at the top of the thread and check each persons list that way you don;t miss anyone we have added pumkingal to the swap
    Patty

• kilngod
    16 years ago

Have just upgraded to a larger bubble envie to fit all these packs. Way cool. 130+

Had to laugh when someone (I shan't say who) added a new want that I had already packed for them based on their "this kind of flower" description. lol!

Patty - I never did get that email. I know the general drill, and am stapling things to make your life easier. Just wanted to make sure you haven't moved or anything (have the addy from last year), and that I've got ship dates right.

Ho Ho Ho!
    --Tina

• karenh71867
    16 years ago

One more update! lol
    Thanks for looking!
    Karen/kalena67

• goozylucy
    16 years ago

Ok bad me...I started looking at other people's want lists and found a few I wanted too. I promise I am totally done updating now.

Michelle

• pumkingal
    16 years ago

Can I say to you all this is really cool, I have alot of surprises for you's too, I have been threw all these lists all night now, it is 2:00 am and too excited to sleep, I have alot to do, thanks again patty. I feel like the garden elf,hehe.

• agirlsgirl
    16 years ago

I hear ya' pumkingal! It's so late and I have packed so many seeds that I think I actually seen a garden elf...lol!
    Let me say I have packed way more up than I ever expected too,and I am quite shocked on how many I have packed up already! WAY more than I even imagined,I am finishing up tonight,packing up a few more 'for sure' ones and I will go through all the lists tomorrow to make sure I didnt miss anything...lol!Then I will get them mailed.. and then sit next to my mailbox and wait for my envy to return...lol!

• ibartoo
    16 years ago

Patty, Thanks so much for doing this. I cannot believe I haven't done a round robin before. It has been so much fun........ Anyway, I thought it was too late to update my list, but I will try adding a few things and then I will be incredibly happy with anything you send. Thanks again, Linda

ps. I have added so many things to my wish list, I think I have lost track.........

• ggwrn
    16 years ago

Patty,

I also need to make sure that you have the same address as last year.

Ginger

• thehills2
    16 years ago

Patty, Thanks so much for organizing this, it has been so much fun, almost competitive as Kilngod mentioned, and thanks to all those who signed up in the past few days ,,, it has been addictive and I was running out of lists to check / recheck.

Package is in the mail, went out this morning. Thanks again. thehills2

• rbrady
    16 years ago

I updated my trade list early this morning, I hope I didn't forget anything! Now I will start checking everyone's trade list and see what I can come up with. Thanks Patty for hosting!

Rhonda

• pattygrow5
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Alright everyone I think I need to start a new post for we are over 100 on this thread I will start with the final final list so if you have anything to say post on the new thread and anyone who didn't get the original e-mail from me let me know because my address is in there ginger I sent it to you yes same address as last year.If you want to check lists you still will have to come to this thread because all of the players posts are here. I am going to start the new update thread.
    Patty

• maricybele
    16 years ago

omg, it's 342 am! And I am still going. I am new to this my envelope and bubble is about 4.5 ounces $ 1.50. Do I send and envelope and 2.00 in postage or more? Thanks, this is my first time. So how much postage do I send? This is fun and interesting.